Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

We just might see Miss Brennan as point one day.  Never say something isn't possible with hard work and perseverance.

I would LOVE that!!!! 

• Love 6

Lauren could be a dark horse for point, she has the look and the figure. I'm not sure if she has the dance ability or the sparkle, but she photographs great and seems to be super sweet. Then again...with her job maybe she wouldn't want the extra responsibility of being point.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Lauren could be a dark horse for point, she has the look and the figure. I'm not sure if she has the dance ability or the sparkle, but she photographs great and seems to be super sweet. Then again...with her job maybe she wouldn't want the extra responsibility of being point.

I think you are so correct on this :) 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Preity said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I preferred Maddie’s hair straight, especially compared to this years hair, last year it looked fine. So I’d like to see her with straight hair, but i know those curls are kind of her image and I doubt she’d be allowed to change that. 

I actually hope Malena comes back. I like her dancing and if she could get her nerves or memory together she could be amazing. Maybe seeing how close she was will help her confidence.

I loathe Maddie's curly hair. last year it was fine, but this year...the curls are so uncultured, it just looks and moves like a shapeless, dirty mop on her head, like a super bad home perm from the 80s. not cute, not sexy. it looks utterly vile to me, and doesnt mesh with the rest of the girl's looks at all, all sleek big hair.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

We just might see Miss Brennan as point one day.  Never say something isn't possible with hard work and perseverance.

Personally, I don't ever see it happening, even with hard work and perserverance.  She doesn't have the 'look' to me of a point girl, nor do I think her dance is powerful enough. plus Kelli seems to have a real bug in her ear abut her coming back again this year, making out like its all about Brennan wanting to make it for the sake of making it, not because she's dying to be a dcc or some other guff. I just don't thnk Brennan is anywhere near charasmatic enough of a performer for point.

6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Is Lauren an RN? I thought she was but on the meet the cheerleaders it says she's working as a cryogenic technician (which doesn't require a nursing degree).

she's a registered cardiac nurse and has been for over four years now

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, J-R said:

I have been off the boards for a few days. Work and what not had me busy. Some thoughts have been on my mind and I figure this is a good place to voice what I've been thinking since Thursday night. What is up with Madrid?!  I was not at all a fan her first time in training camp. When she came back and made the team I was indifferent. She looked much better but she's always been a "whatever"  for me. This year though she seems very soft, thick around the middle and for a GL very timid and insecure. As KF likes to say, apologizing for being there. 

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm still trying to catch up. Why was Kahlyn not with the other SG members at the F1 event last weekend?

I don’t think kahlyn is on show group 

32 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Is Lauren an RN? I thought she was but on the meet the cheerleaders it says she's working as a cryogenic technician (which doesn't require a nursing degree).

She is a registered nurse.  If I'm not mistaken, she took a break from her RN position, so the cryo job may mesh better with her DCC committments.  

13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She is on show group. They took 17 instead of the normal 16. I don't think she's able to make all of the SG appearances because of her job.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL gotta love autocorrect, at 1st I was thinking this was supposed to be Milan, until I realized it was Maddie :) 

It does not help that I did not have my glasses on :)

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I re-watched the episode last night and they called her name for SG

• Love 2
11 hours ago, rose711 said:

Rachel was  more of a sure bet to make the team than Victoria ever was. She is not a risk to them in any media situation, interview or public appearance, she knows how to navigate the drama of working with groups of women, she brings all the attention of being runner up to miss USA, which is quite impressive,  her dancing is good enough, and she’s gorgeous.

Rachel is a great addition to the team and I hope she stays a while. 

Rachel and VK do not live in the same universe. Please, VK couldn't come close to being RW's toenail. Some women are born with IT.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I could see her in the triangle next year with Kashara and Lacey retiring. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Yeah, i saw that...i would imagine she had permission. Those women are on lock down. It would have been removed if she hadnt had permission

Since her instagram picture is in her DCC uniform, I guess that is spoiler enough.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Although my guess is Gina is high in the running based on her placement this year, Lauren is who I've been thinking about as a dark horse as well.  She's always been a fav of mine and is on SG so definitely can dance.  Not sure her plans since she is also engaged and has a career but I'd love if she remained at least one more year.

lamaparker_16_9_2018_11_51_32_546.jpg.683bcc221952f932b932cfa74b724e55.jpg

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:
7 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Yeah, i saw that...i would imagine she had permission. Those women are on lock down. It would have been removed if she hadnt had permission

Since her instagram picture is in her DCC uniform, I guess that is spoiler enough.

All the other rookies also have pictures of them in uniform on their social media.  Hell, even the DCC official Twitter account has plenty of pictures of the rookies in uniform.  Who made the squad is the worst kept secret in the universe :)  Seriously, though, isn't this the latest a season has gone?  

• Love 3

After seeing some of the updates about former DCCs and clips of what the Vets do in their daily lives, I'm really hoping that CMT and TPTB decide to do these things next season. I don't mind a little drama but VK featured on every episode was a little too much for me. If DCC MTT wants to continue on, that kind of drama is going to turn more people off, IMO.

What are some things that you do like or that you want to see? I like the former DCC and the Vet features and I've also liked small clips of hair or makeup tips while dancing. How do they get their makeup to stay looking fresh? How about their hair? 

• Love 4

The girls I think could be point (or would like to be point, not that they are asking me!)

• Lexie (if she doesn't retire)
  • Heather (if she doesn't retire)
  • Daphne (I could see her being a future point; on SG and the right look)
  • Bridget/Amber (still can't tell them apart but like them both!)
  • Tasha (pretty so I could see it although I don't think she's a standout dancer)

I'm personally not a fan of Gina's (I find her dancing distracting, and too 'big') or Maddie (Not the right look for point).

Edited by Stee
  • Love 8

I think Gina is an excellent dancer, so I would be fine with her at point. I also don’t see Maddie being demoted out of the triangle. Therefore, since I think both are great dancers but neither is all that glam or cute, I can’t help but think that a triangle with both Gina and Maddie would be a downgrade from what the team has had in the past: 

Emma/Holly/Jacie (is this right?) 

Jacie/Holly/Jenn K

Jenna/Jenn K/Melissa 

Jenna/Kashara/Lacey 

Lacey/Kashara/Maddie

Maddie/Gina/?????

Picturing the formation in my head, I just don’t care for it lol. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Stee said:

The girls I think could be point (or would like to be point, not that they are asking me!)

• Tasha (pretty so I could see it although I don't think she's a standout dancer)

I'm personally not a fan of Gina's (I find her dancing distracting, and too 'big') or Maddie (Not the right look for point).

I'm starting to mourn Kash's retirement :(

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Stee said:

Heather is on Kelli's shit list so I doubt her.

I think Tasha is pretty, but not strong enough. Same with Lexie.

My triangle---assuming Maddie also leaves---is Gina, Lauren and Bridget with Daphne where Khalyn is assuming she retires too. I'd like to see Maddie retire, not because she isn't a good dancer, but because weight has been an ongoing struggle and I'd like to see her leave on her own terms, instead of having a Selina pulled on her at try outs. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think Gina is an excellent dancer, so I would be fine with her at point. I also don’t see Maddie being demoted out of the triangle. Therefore, since I think both are great dancers but neither is all that glam or cute, I can’t help but think that a triangle with both Gina and Maddie would be a downgrade from what the team has had in the past: 

Emma/Holly/Jacie (is this right?) 

Jacie/Holly/Jenn K

Jenna/Jenn K/Melissa 

Jenna/Kashara/Lacey 

Lacey/Kashara/Maddie

Maddie/Gina/?????

Picturing the formation in my head, I just don’t care for it lol. 

I agree 100%.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Stee said:

I think Lexi will retire she is getting married at the end of May 

33 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think Lexi will retire she is getting married at the end of May 

I think her date is May 31, so maybe she'll be getting back from her honeymoon on time for TC?

Just now, 5678Pixie said:

I have heard auditions might be in March this year.

Huh???  That's odd, I think they've been May since forever, I wonder what changed.  Maybe they want to start TC earlier so they're not doing cuts until mere days before the 1st game.

1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I want to see Kelli in the triangle. She was a calendar cover girl, so who knows?

My eye always seems to go to Kelli, I think she'd be a good choice.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

That’s interesting. So training camp would be in the spring, as opposed to summer? I wonder how the teachers feel about that. Now, the busiest part of training camp coincides with summer. That would definitely not be the case if the heart of training camp is in April and May.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Huh???  That's odd, I think they've been May since forever, I wonder what changed.  Maybe they want to start TC earlier so they're not doing cuts until mere days before the 1st game.

What would the girls  do that are still going to college until June.  How would they audition?  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

If that happens, Lexie would be getting married during TC. I cannot imagine Kelli and Judy giving her much time off for wedding planning, the actual wedding, and honeymoon during TC.

11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

What would the girls  do that are still going to college until June.  How would they audition?  

Many teams have auditions in March/April. Most auditions are on the weekend. And....DCC must be a priority /sarc 

13 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Just throwing this out there, maybe this is their way of trying to get fewer candidates who are under 21?

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That’s interesting. So training camp would be in the spring, as opposed to summer? I wonder how the teachers feel about that. Now, the busiest part of training camp coincides with summer. That would definitely not be the case if the heart of training camp is in April and May.

Not sure it should matter whether some are teachers and will have the bulk of TC time off when there are others with full time jobs that don’t have time off. It’s grueling time wise, and I have noticed that those with the full time jobs are the ones that struggle.  Not that none are able to balance it, some sure do.  I just don’t know how, unless the job is forgiving.

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Heather is on Kelli's shit list so I doubt her.

I think Tasha is pretty, but not strong enough. Same with Lexie.

My triangle---assuming Maddie also leaves---is Gina, Lauren and Bridget with Daphne where Khalyn is assuming she retires too. I'd like to see Maddie retire, not because she isn't a good dancer, but because weight has been an ongoing struggle and I'd like to see her leave on her own terms, instead of having a Selina pulled on her at try outs. 

I see Bridget for point, 2 yr Vet or not, she has a sparkle and is an amazing dancer.  Any thoughts on Alexis in the triangle?  I love Lexie too.  KaShara is going to be tough to replace.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Is there something going on in Dallas itself around the time auditions has traditionally been held? Here in Charlotte, we had a massive first responder disaster/homeland security simulation. It shut the inner city areas down and other large venues were not allowed for 2 weeks. But who knows, maybe they are putting together a group of new judges...or more like, The Star is having something special and holding auditions early serve their financial greed purposes. Curious.................. 

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nah...  I can see it now:  FIVE MONTHS of TRAINING CAMP!!  and Kelli will still stretch it out until the last week! lol

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Not sure it should matter whether some are teachers and will have the bulk of TC time off when there are others with full time jobs that don’t have time off. It’s grueling time wise, and I have noticed that those with the full time jobs are the ones that struggle.  Not that none are able to balance it, some sure do.  I just don’t know how, unless the job is forgiving.

I didn’t say it should matter or that they should make decisions based off of them. I just said I wonder how the teachers feel about it. The reason why I pointed them out is because teaching seems to be one of the few regular full-time jobs that several of the team members have had over the years. I always assumed that part of the reason why was because training camp fell during the summer. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I didn’t say it should matter or that they should make decisions based off of them. I just said I wonder how the teachers feel about it. The reason why I pointed them out is because teaching seems to be one of the few regular full-time jobs that several of the team members have had over the years. I always assumed that part of the reason why was because training camp fell during the summer. 

Oh I know !! I wasn’t saying you said it should matter. :) after you asked it, I was just thinking about should it or shouldn’t it. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Nah...  I can see it now:  FIVE MONTH of TRAINING CAMP!!  and Kelli will still stretch it out until the last week! lol

GAH!  I think even I would be stressed out over this! :)

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, J-R said:

I see Bridget for point, 2 yr Vet or not, she has a sparkle and is an amazing dancer.  Any thoughts on Alexis in the triangle?  I love Lexie too.  KaShara is going to be tough to replace.

I could see Alexis where Khalyn is too. She's gorgeous, but not a powerhouse. Close to the front, but not front. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Oh I know !! I wasn’t saying you said it should matter. :) after you asked it, I was just thinking about should it or shouldn’t it. 

Yeah, they definitely should consider the fact that they make it so difficult for the girls to have real full time jobs. I’m just somewhat surprised that they may be making a move that could cut down on one of the bright spots in terms of the team members’ jobs that they have had - several teachers. As you said though, it’s definitely hard, if not impossible, for people who work typical 8/9 to 5 corporate jobs, so I guess the teachers may just be out of luck with everyone else.