Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I found a new video of the 2018 squad performing on the field. This was when the Cowboys went up against the Jaguars last week.

So many of them look like they are marking in sections, very little pop. There were mistakes, and some look completely bored. This is last week? 

Edited by Jesslyn
Video didn’t load
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I politely disagree. Her look is unique and she will obviously stand out from the rest.

Khalyn is beautiful and definitely a good dancer to be placed behind point, but as @ByTor said, I expect her to retire. She seems to be doing fine this year, but she was out for so many games last season due to injuries and even if she stays,I don’t think K&J would risk having her as point or even part of the triangle.

9 minutes ago, MicahGiggles said:

I didn't say they should be bffs, but as the leader of group one as well as basically the leader of the team overall, you would expect an effort to be made to help new folks feel welcome.  We can agree to disagree. I stick with my opinion.

I totally get what you’re saying! I’m just saying thay we have no indication that Jenn never tried or that she went out of her way to ignore her. For all we know, she suggested pairing Kash with Yuko because she knew Kash would be the perfect person for the job!

With that being said, I don’t actually expect anyone going out of their way for Yuko, at least no more than what they would do for an out of state girl. That’s probably harsh and I don’t mean that they shouldn’t do that if they want, but it was Yuko’s decision to move continents to go to a new place without even speaking the language just to be a cheerleader. I don’t really applaud this decision, but at the same time I do admire people moving abroad for their studies or a job opportunity (or just for the experience). I just don’t count dcc as a job opportunity.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Monique said:

Has a 2nd year ever been point? Also I don’t think Amber or Bridget will be point I think they both look young and too cutesy. 

Totally agree. While both are adorable and great dancers, as you said, too young and cutesy. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

If we are people living in the world interacting with other humans we know how to "play up" aspects of our personality to make people feel comfortable or to feel liked ourselves. That can be inauthentic, but I've never gotten a "she's faking it" vibe from Kashara. That accent is not a put on and it's offensive that people equate it with her genuineness or her intelligence.

LOL! I am pretty sure that I stated in my post that I am not a Kashara hater and that I think she seems very nice and is very intelligent.  I have lots of positive thoughts about her.  But, in my opinion, she does play her "country-ness" up at times.  YMMV  We can agree to disagree about that.  :)

• Love 1

Honestly, i don’t feel like I’d really notice if some of the current two year vets didn’t try out again. I still don’t feel like I really know them. Some yes, others I’m usually like oh yeah, i forgot all about her. And I guess it’ll feel the same next year. MTT really is kind of my only source of getting to know the girls, I don’t spend much time learning about them or getting to know them on social media. And lately I don’t feel like MTT has really been much help in that area. 

• Love 13
On 10/23/2018 at 10:04 AM, CaseyRe said:

Personally, I don't ever see it happening, even with hard work and perserverance.  She doesn't have the 'look' to me of a point girl, nor do I think her dance is powerful enough. plus Kelli seems to have a real bug in her ear abut her coming back again this year, making out like its all about Brennan wanting to make it for the sake of making it, not because she's dying to be a dcc or some other guff. I just don't thnk Brennan is anywhere near charasmatic enough of a performer for point.

she's a registered cardiac nurse and has been for over four years now

Totally this ^  I could never imagine Brennan in any three spots of the triangle.  IMO, at the most, she's a blender. 

• Love 9

I am ambivalent towards Kash, I really think she's the best person for point on the team at the moment cause she has that sparkle and pop...but I'm not a huge fan of her. The oil thing and all the country comments make me roll my eyes, but I don't dislike her and her accent. I actually do understand why people like her, she has a personality instead of just "yes ma'am."

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I've wondered myself about Maddie's retirement since she's a devout LDS follower.  I believe female LDS over 21 do their 18 month mission.  She may decide to retire to do so.

Im not sure if we are allowed to dicuss these things since it does involve religious culture, and since we arent Mormon, we cant really speak for the LDS culture, so a mod can delete this is needed. I lived in Ely, NV for 3 years which is majority LDS. My female friends were all LDS. Ive been to LDS worship services, and ive been to LDS community dinners. I am not LDS, and not any religion. What I do know is that the DCC uniform is completely unacceptable to the LDS culture. I would have to say if Maddie were comitted to her LDS faith there is no way she would be on the team. The LDS culture is historically inflexible. They excommunicate members for things less grievous than wearing the DCC uniform. Most likely, Maddie would have had to make a choice- one or the other but not both. If Maddies family members do attend LDS services, Id be willing to be the Elders of their Ward have expressed concern. Maddie chose DCC. The assumption could be made she is less worried about the age/marriage issue. Also, women dont have to go on Missions, where as the young men do. Maddie could certainly choose to go on a Mission, but it also doesnt have to be in her 21st year.

Edited by Thebiglebowski
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Im not sure if we are allowed to dicuss these things since it does involve religious culture, and since we arent Mormon, we cant really speak for the LDS culture, so a mod can delete this is needed. I lived in Ely, NV for 3 years which is majority LDS. My female friends were all LDS. Ive been to LDS worship services, and ive been to LDS community dinners. I am not LDS, and not any religion. What I do know is that the DCC uniform is completely unacceptable to the LDS culture. I would have to say if Maddie were comitted to her LDS faith there is no way she would be in the team. The LDS culture is historically inflexible. They excommunicate members for things less grievous than wearing the DCC uniform. Most likely, Maddie would have jad to make a choice- one or the other but not both. If Maddies family members do attend LDS services, Id be willing to be the Elders of their Ward of expressed concern. Maddie chose DCC. The assumprion could be made she is less worried about the age/marriage issue. Also, women dont have to go on Missions, where as the young men do. Maddie could certainly choose to go on a Mission, but it also doesnt have to be in her 21st year.

If this was aimed towards my post, I didn't say it had to be the 21st year . I did use "I believe" it happens after 21 nor did I say it was required.  Just to be clear. ;o)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I don’t care for Jenn K at all, but I think it’s unfair to insinuate that she, nor anyone else, never tried to make Yuko feel welcomed. Hell, did Yuko even say that she didn’t feel welcomed on the team? I honestly don’t remember. That’s not to take away from Kashara. She’s obviously a nice person with a welcoming personality, but I don’t Kashara had any increased responsibility to be friends with everyone just because she ended up getting point. If she is, great. If not, that’s fine too.  

Generally though, I disagree with this mindset that the point girl is somehow to supposed to be the nicest girl or even the leader of the team.....that’s what I think group leaders are for. Even when i was cheering in high school, seniors were front and center at the sidelines at football games, but for competitions, which were the premier events, absolutely not. If there was a senior and a sophomore who were equally good, then of course, the senior goes up front. Otherwise, the sophomore gets the spot. The notion that point shouldn’t be based on dance is odd to me.

When Yuko was trying out again as a vet, they did a piece on her and she talked about feeling out of place during her first year. 

21 hours ago, Jennv said:

Any guesses as to who will be a "one and done"?

Possibly Madeline.  IMO, she's still dances so awkward - I can't even watch her!!  Her facials are also unappealing. I just get the vibe that she's not a "favorite" . 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm just going to say it ... I want Khalyn as point. Next year needs a strong black female role model.

I think Khalyn is absolutely deserving!!!  She is absolutely stunning and she can M.O.V.E !!!!   She definitely has Point Presence! !

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Im not sure if we are allowed to dicuss these things since it does involve religious culture, and since we arent Mormon, we cant really speak for the LDS culture, so a mod can delete this is needed. I lived in Ely, NV for 3 years which is majority LDS. My female friends were all LDS. Ive been to LDS worship services, and ive been to LDS community dinners. I am not LDS, and not any religion. What I do know is that the DCC uniform is completely unacceptable to the LDS culture. I would have to say if Maddie were comitted to her LDS faith there is no way she would be on the team. The LDS culture is historically inflexible. They excommunicate members for things less grievous than wearing the DCC uniform. Most likely, Maddie would have had to make a choice- one or the other but not both. If Maddies family members do attend LDS services, Id be willing to be the Elders of their Ward have expressed concern. Maddie chose DCC. The assumption could be made she is less worried about the age/marriage issue. Also, women dont have to go on Missions, where as the young men do. Maddie could certainly choose to go on a Mission, but it also doesnt have to be in her 21st year.

First, the age for women to go on missions has been lowered to 19, but you are right it is not "required" (expected is a better word -- males are not required to serve missions either, but they are expected to. Still, there are plenty who do not for various reasons. Females do not have that same expectation).

Second, I'm not sure what you're experience with the LDS church has been, or how long ago it was, but wearing the DCC uniform is not something she would be excommunicated for, nor would she have to choose between the Church and the DCC. As far as I know, Maddie is a member in good standing (as is Tasha, who had a child out of wedlock at age 18). Also, the Elders in her family's ward would not have any business "expressing their concern" over what Maddie is doing or have any jurisdiction over her. Once she moved to Texas, she would have been assigned to a ward there (not to mention, if it was appropriate to do, it wouldn't be the Elders -- they're not the ones who lead the ward).

Third, there are plenty of single women over the age of 21 in the LDS church. Many do get married early (say, 18-22), but there are just as many who get married later or not at all. And, if she is really worried about getting married, there are plenty of single LDS guys in Dalls/Ft. Worth to date. She would not need to quit the team to "find a husband."

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 9

I wonder if K and J would ever cut more than neccessary to end up with a squad less than 36?

And this is just a drastic example- say they get to the end of training camp and they have 4 tcc struggling like Malena. Cutting 2 gets them to 36, but would they still take two strugglers onto the team? Or do you think they would be able to cut 4 and have an official team less than 36?

1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

So Jen A is the former DCC who is currently pregnant and was point in Season 11 right? Then who is Jen K? Was she Kash's and Yuko's GL?

I think they are the same - Jennifer Kathryn / Jennifer Amburn = Jenn K/A

• Love 2
7 hours ago, soapmaniac22 said:

I concur with this. I live more on the western side of KY and the accents from Eastern KY are a hella lot more thick than over here. Like her accent is pretty much spot on to where she's from. They are def more "country" over there. But with Kentuckians, you'll have hit and miss accents too. Mine isn't very pronounced, but 15 miles away from here, people still say "warshing machine" and have an accent that could rival Kash's. And I find that my accent does tend to get thicker when I get around people who don't have one as bad, or maybe it just sounds more pronounced  IMO. 

When I heard her say she was from KY I was like oh def must be Eastern. It's a whole other world on that side of the state, I think American Idol Gives back did a campaign there because it's rough. 

Thanks for that information.  Interesting facts about the thickness of the accent depending on which side of the state someone is from..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I wonder if K and J would ever cut more than neccessary to end up with a squad less than 36?

They had 34 one year, if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I think they are the same - Jennifer Kathryn / Jennifer Amburn = Jenn K/A

I'm so glad they don't use middle names anymore. I was so annoyed by that. Really glad it only lasted a few years.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I politely disagree. Her look is unique and she will obviously stand out from the rest.

I didn't say anything about her look, I think she's one of the prettiest they have.  I said in my post that by "physical presence" I meant she won't physically be there because I think she'll retire this year.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

They had 34 one year, if I recall correctly.

Was that the year that Simone, Kashara, Holly, etc were rookies. I want to say that there was a bloodbath at the end of that training camp where they sent several people home at the end. 

39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I didn't say anything about her look, I think she's one of the prettiest they have.  I said in my post that by "physical presence" I meant she won't physically be there because I think she'll retire this year.

Got it!

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Was that the year that Simone, Kashara, Holly, etc were rookies. I want to say that there was a bloodbath at the end of that training camp where they sent several people home at the end. 

How many did they have after Milan and Alexandria left. Kalyssa left at the end of the season.

9 hours ago, lah715 said:

Did I miss something .... why the Christina hate ? Has anyone here on the boards met her in person and she was rude?  I dont think we get a true impression from CMT. She has worked hard to get on the team ... I think she will go another year.

Someone on here has met her and said she was standoffish or just not as friendly as someone else, but I don't think that warrants alot of the hate here for her.

4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

So Jen A is the former DCC who is currently pregnant and was point in Season 11 right? Then who is Jen K? Was she Kash's and Yuko's GL?

She just had her baby :)

10 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Do they have to show FOOTBALL while the DCC are dancing??

Let's show a little respect!

Yes. It's a football game. Most people only really care about that. We're the only ones that actually want to see the DCC lol

Edited by LadyMsJay
  • Love 1

Doesn’t Maddie look like she hasn’t lost any weight?

Shes just never been appealing to me. I’m sure she’s a great person, but she’s just not pretty. That was one time I agreed  with Neal.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

2006 = 35
2009 = 35
2010 = 34
2011 = 34

Simone's rookie year was 2015

ETA: You are right, it was 34 in 2015 also. I double counted a few people.

Edited by sleepyjean

Busy in a work project today but took the opprotunity to catch up on the DCC Podcasts, These Boots are Made for Talkin. I'm half way through the one with Lacy and Molly. Oh My Gosh, Molly is annoying! I wasn't a fan of her "look" last year and after listening to her on the podcast, ugh!  As for Lacy, beautiful and classy  you would never know she was one of the youngest on the squad.  Once again, I don't have my glasses on so please forgive any auto correct mistakes ?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

No. Respectfully no. I’m lds and have been my whole life. You would never in a million years be excommunicated for what you wear. Like ever. She could walk down the street with nipple pasties and sparklers shooting out of her bum and still be fine. Well, maybe taken to see a shrink and probably a doctor for the bum burns... but you know what I mean. Never ever ever would she be asked to make a choice.  I think it’s great she’s a DCC and Tasha too. Look at the LDS girls on SYTYCD and Dancing with the Stars. Utah is an incredible state for fostering talent and pride in the arts. Being a Mormon is big part of that. 

• Love 14
18 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Do they have to show FOOTBALL while the DCC are dancing??

Let's show a little respect!

I know!  What’s with these men wearing tight pant’s and throwing the ball around.  We are here to watch serious dancing and they are getting in the way! ?

Edited by DCCme
Spelling was bad...
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I found a new video of the 2018 squad performing on the field. This was when the Cowboys went up against the Jaguars last week.

I agree with a poster above who said this video looks as if they are bored. I agree. I don't see world class in this. In fact I counted at least 4 glaring errors too. I'm sure Judy was fuming.  Is there a map to the triangle somewhere? Having trouble figuring out who is who.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree with a poster above who said this video looks as if they are bored. I agree. I don't see world class in this. In fact I counted at least 4 glaring errors too. I'm sure Judy was fuming.  Is there a map to the triangle somewhere? Having trouble figuring out who is who.

It looked like even Gina messed up (I Dont know them all well enough to be sure) it didn’t seem like many were popping, and wanted to be there.

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 9:43 PM, Holly85 said:

I like Briana she came from the Titans I think she will stick around 

I had posted at the start of TC that I hoped Briana would make it (yippee, so proud!) but she needed to dance with more power, performance & personality than she did in her years with the Titans where noticeably she rarely smiled & lacked power (we don't have a great squad here in Nashville anyway).  So glad Shelly said Briana is one of her faves. Briana obviously is humble & sweet. I think she just has a low key, laid back personality by nature, as most times she was sitting in the back in scenes in the studio. I will be at AT&T for the Nov 5 MNF game with the Titans, have great seats, & am looking forward to see how the squad pops, especially Briana!  So excited!  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

If this was aimed towards my post, I didn't say it had to be the 21st year . I did use "I believe" it happens after 21 nor did I say it was required.  Just to be clear. ;o)

Men don't have to go on a mission either and the age for both is now 18. Changed a couple years ago. Being a cheerleader has nothing to do with being a Mormon. It's more aptly seen as publicity for the religion.

• Love 2

"Once the final cuts have been made, Charlotte Jones Anderson makes a surprise visit and has the honor of announcing that everyone remaining has made the squad for the 2018-2019 season. "

Well pooh.  Half the fun is watching Kelli announce it.  She's the one who delivered all the heartbreaks.  She should be the one to announce the  team.  Go have a beer, Kelli.  Maybe it will make you feel better.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 15

I totally agree with the Charlotte announcement situation. The best part of the finale is when Kelli tries to come up with an interesting way to announce the team. This is Kelli's turf (pun intended)- not Charlotte's. Big disappointment. I'm glad that I know this beforehand. If not, I would be throwing metallic objects at my television set tonight :O

• Love 13
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Charlotte tells the team they’ve made it? Taking it away from Kelli?  What is going on????

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

"Once the final cuts have been made, Charlotte Jones Anderson makes a surprise visit and has the honor of announcing that everyone remaining has made the squad for the 2018-2019 season. "

Well pooh.  Half the fun is watching Kelli announce it.  She's the one who delivered all the heartbreaks.  She should be the one to announce the  team.  Go have a beer, Kelli.  Maybe it will make you feel better.

1 hour ago, Michele Butler said:

I totally agree with the Charlotte announcement situation. The best part of the finale is when Kelli tries to come up with an interesting way to announce the team. This is Kelli's turf (pun intended)- not Charlotte's. Big disappointment. I'm glad that I know this beforehand. If not, I would be throwing metallic objects at my television set tonight :O

In my attempt to be funny - maybe Kelli was so upset that she not only couldn't have a team of 40 and thus had to cut both Victoria and Malena, that Charlotte had to announce the team.  Anywho, on to my regular snarky self.  I don't know who came up with the whole "Charlotte announces the team" thing, but I wouldn't put it past Charlotte demanding a chance to do it, especially since she'll get to be on television to do it.  There's also the chance that she'll never do it again (or possibly never asked to do it again) and that she's Kelli's boss as other reasons.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

it was just a joke,

Not all people find all jokes funny.

17 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

What I do know is that the DCC uniform is completely unacceptable to the LDS culture.

Kelli asked Maddie in her interview if she'd have an issue with the uniform because of her religion, and Maddie said (paraphrasing) it's all good if it's worn with "grace."

giphy.gif

• Love 8