Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

It's a football game. Most people only really care about that. We're the only ones that actually want to see the DCC lol

Well....I remember going to all Eagles game as a kid and a guy sitting by us had his binoculars on the cheerleaders a lot, I'm sure the same thing happens with DCC LOL :)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MrClean said:

Didn’t Kalyssa quit during the season?

She was probably cut, but she thought she finished the whole season. We have called her out for it because a girl gets her rookie pinkie ring when she finishes the entire DCC season.

I understand people making assumptions about KaShara based on an aspect of her personality.  As a pediatric nursing professor, I was funny with my patients & had fun in the classroom which helps students retain the information. Based on this a colleague told me because I was fun & silly that pediatrics could not be taken seriously nor were pediatric patients ever that sick or complex in comparison to adults. (Clearly I don’t believe that about pediatric care.) It relegated me & pediatrics to being second class . Look beyond with KaShara. Although Khalyn can dance, it appears that she is not a good conversationalist which is a good portion of being point-speaking at show group appearances & leading a team. I am not sure who I believe will be point but am sure someone will rise to the occasion.

Edited by cherryblossom
Clarity, a little clarity!
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, patti0855 said:

Men don't have to go on a mission either and the age for both is now 18. Changed a couple years ago. Being a cheerleader has nothing to do with being a Mormon. It's more aptly seen as publicity for the religion.

The age is 18 for men, 19 for women.

18 hours ago, KoKo said:

Totally this ^  I could never imagine Brennan in any three spots of the triangle.  IMO, at the most, she's a blender. 

Yeah. 

7 hours ago, FLAfan said:

Did Jenn K try out and not make it in 2012?

Yes. Maybe she has some resentment bc Kash made it her first try?

Men don't have to go on a mission either and the age for both is now 18. Changed a couple years ago. Being a cheerleader has nothing to do with being a Mormon. It's more aptly seen as publicity for the religion.

Thanks for explaining. I did not ever intend to question Maddie's faith or call her Jack Mormon or whatever. From my good friend's experience, she says she feels like a lot of MEN AND WOMEN are pressured to marry early, even before finishing college, so we wondered about Maddie. My friends says she doesn't feel like there is as much emphasis as having 8 kids or whatever, 4 is usually sufficient LOL and many are adopting now, but marriage to maintain purity and large families are huge emphasis. I think Maddie is out of shape and not DCC pretty, but I think she is a very good person and a far better level headed role model than just about anybody on the team. That girl sticks to her guns and has not let being a DCC change her morals. 

5 hours ago, Lona said:

Was going to make a "Lacey for point!" comment, then I remembered she's retiring. :(((((((

That kick puts Gina and Amy both to shame.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She was probably cut, but she thought she finished the whole season. We have called her out for it because a girl gets her rookie pinkie ring when she finishes the entire DCC season.

SHE DID NOT FINISH THE SEASON. She finished all the games then quit before her contract was out, so DCC season is not the same as number of football games. 

5 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I understand people making assumptions about KaShara based on an aspect of her personality.  As a pediatric nursing professor, I was funny with my patients & had fun in the classroom which helps students retain the information. Based on this a colleague told me because I was fun & silly that pediatrics could not be taken seriously nor were pediatric patients ever that sick or complex in comparison to adults. (Clearly I don’t believe that about pediatric care.) It relegated me & pediatrics to being second class . Look beyond with KaShara. Although Khalyn can dance, it appears that she is not a good conversationalist which is a good portion of being point-speaking at show group appearances & leading a team. I am not sure who I believe will be point but am sure someone will rise to the occasion.

My mom is a nurse and sister in nursing school. Peds = NOT AS SICK OR COMPLEX = that colleague is an idiot. Babies and kids can get sick faster and die faster than adults. 

I know with PT patients sometimes you have to get silly to get them engaged and not mope in med. NOt making fun, just saying people get depressed and lose motivation, and acting the fool sometimes helps change that whole atmosphere. Kashara is a breath of fresh air they needed. They needed somebody to come in and welcome everybody, plus not act like they were God's gift to dance.

• Love 8

Thanks for the update on the mission age.  As for being a cheerleader, I never said it had anything to do with being a Mormon..  I know it doesn't.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Am I the only one who is glad to see this shit show come to a close tonight?  I want to quickly forget this season ever happened and just pray that VK find something else to do.

The show has lost its edge, in my opinion, since Season 7. The quality of the show has hit an all time low since Season 8, or has I like it call it, the Morgan Saga. I wish they would go back to the way the show was in Seasons One to Five. Kelli and Charlotte are using the show to promote the DCC Organization and Cowboys Organization. It has come down to the almighty dollar and ratings at the expense of the girls.

17 hours ago, KoKo said:

I think Khalyn is absolutely deserving!!!  She is absolutely stunning and she can M.O.V.E !!!!   She definitely has Point Presence! !

I absolutely agree!! She is one of the most stunning women on the team, she is an awesome dancer and would rock point....I just want her to stay injury free :)

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I absolutely agree!! She is one of the most stunning women on the team, she is an awesome dancer and would rock point....I just want her to stay injury free :)

She could be on every poster with that face, but hurt too much for point. Sad...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Am I the only one who is glad to see this shit show come to a close tonight?  I want to quickly forget this season ever happened and just pray that VK find something else to do.

VK's crusty caked on make up, Afgan Hound hair, horse teeth, double chin is forever branded in my long-term memory. CMT MTT will be getting my therapy bills.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

She could be on every poster with that face, but hurt too much for point. Sad...

I didn't realize that Khalyn has had several injuries, I hate that for her!!  (This message is also directed to Kayce who had responded to my post )

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

OK kids, this is from 1996. That's Judy hollering and they are a MESS. None of this would fly today even leaving giant poms out of the equation.

https://www.texasarchive.org/library/index.php?title=2013_05158

BUT WAIT https://www.texasarchive.org/library/index.php?title=2013_04791

Second segment in that one = JUDY TEACHING NEW CHOREO AND OUR FAVE SHELLYB FRONT ROW. 

The first video is like music and choreo from a childs beauty pageant, like that documentary on HBO about 15 years ago!!

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, SSAHotchner said:

Yeah. My guess if it were up to Judy alone she'd have no trouble cutting anyone who wasn't making it as a dancer. Sure they've known this girl since she was born, but all the more reason to make totally clear to her before she even thinks of auditioning that she cannot and will not get special treatment. She knew what the requirements were as far as weight is concerned. And we weren't allowed to see much of her dancing in case we could all see she wasn't cutting it, and still we were all aware of many reasons why she should have been cut. I'm sure Judy's trying to do some damage control to take the heat off of Kelli, but there are too many folks who have been watching for too long to not notice the extreme difference in the way VK was handled compared to all the other TCCs in all the other seasons. 

I realize a lot of people on here apparently hated VK and Dayton on sight simply because they thought both had a special advantage.  But as the season unfolded, I found both of them very likeable! They didn't make the team, because they weren't ready. So obviously, they didn't get special advantages in that regard.  Dayton was a sweet shy young woman who tried very hard. When she knew the routine, she performed well!  She seemed to have a hard time remembering the choreography, but she was under extra pressure and that could account for some of it.  VK was actually quite good!  She had a weight issue, but lots of the cheerleaders have had. She was immature, but she is very young.  I think jealousy is responsible for a lot of spiteful comments that I read on the boards about all the girls.  I dare say that few of us commenting are perfect or even close to being able to what these girls do.  As for Judy and Kelly, they are professionals and professional too.  There is no way to please everyone.  They're people too.  Constant criticism has to be wearing.  So Judy commented back. So what?  She didn't say anything untoward.  Someone on here called her a bitch.  Unwarranted and just mean.

• Love 7

RE: Charlotte announcing the team instead of Kelli. I don't care. As long as someone announced the flipping team so these girls can breathe, I'm good. 

At the end of this season I want to see Kelli fired...her losing out on the opportunity to announce the team is just karma coming for some receipts. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Charlotte announcing the team is stupid. That’s Kelli’s right! Go away Charlotte!!!!

Ah, technically, Kelli doesn't have a "right". She has a job under her boss, Charlotte. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

OK kids, this is from 1996. That's Judy hollering and they are a MESS. None of this would fly today even leaving giant poms out of the equation.

https://www.texasarchive.org/library/index.php?title=2013_05158

BUT WAIT https://www.texasarchive.org/library/index.php?title=2013_04791

Second segment in that one = JUDY TEACHING NEW CHOREO AND OUR FAVE SHELLYB FRONT ROW. 

Holy hell...those HUGE poms...

There are no words...

I have no words...

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, DKay said:

Ah, technically, Kelli doesn't have a "right". She has a job under her boss, Charlotte. 

Yes, she is under her boss's direction.  But Kelli has had to make the tough decisions and have the hard conversations (albeit a little later than we would have liked), so she should make the announcement.  When a boss takes away her employees power, that is a bad thing that leads to an erosion of the whole structure.  Charlotte has been the boss a long time, but she is just trying to get more screen time and it isn't going well.  The "touch the star" talk literally made me puke up a little in my mouth, the embarrassing and oh-so awkward graduation ceremony, and now this......SMH.  The only way I could agree is if Charlotte is doing it because she is calling Kelli into the office to fire her immediately afterwards.  And that ain't happening.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Opine said:

Yes, she is under her boss's direction.  But Kelli has had to make the tough decisions and have the hard conversations (albeit a little later than we would have liked), so she should make the announcement.  When a boss takes away her employees power, that is a bad thing that leads to an erosion of the whole structure.  Charlotte has been the boss a long time, but she is just trying to get more screen time and it isn't going well.  The "touch the star" talk literally made me puke up a little in my mouth, the embarrassing and oh-so awkward graduation ceremony, and now this......SMH.  The only way I could agree is if Charlotte is doing it because she is calling Kelli into the office to fire her immediately afterwards.  And that ain't happening.

That was the moment I thought this whole DC organization is some kind of strange cult. LMAO!

• Love 8

love those videos from 90’s.  And I love 2018 Kelli rather than 1996 stepford wife Kelli.  She’s seems like a human now as opposed to the robot.  

They were doing yes ma’am shit even back then?  Ugh I find that so degrading for some reason.  

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, DKay said:

Kelli has been the director for decades and always announces the team. She works her ass off for that squad. So, in my opinion, she’s earned the honor of announcing the squad. Why would Charlotte insert herself into that now? 

• Love 8

For all we know, it could have been Kelli's idea. Or CMT's. A way to shake up the same old, same old surprise. I wouldn't put it past Kelli to dream this up to really shock the girls after such a long training camp.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Among other things, VK couldn't even hold her center and fell out of her turns at Finals.  VK has shown several times she is not very spatially aware.  So no, she isn't that good.  Yet.  She could improve if she applies herself and is willing to change studios/teachers & receive better critique & apply the corrections.  As for weight, a visibly jiggling tummy is flat out not pretty, especially in the uniform.  As for her age, there have been several TCC her age with maturity so this shouldn't be an excuse.  VK needs to spend time away from her Mother, the DCC and her normal circle.  She needs life experience and time to mature.  I don't think stating these facts is mean. Just keeping it real.  If she wants it bad enough, I do hope she takes the time to improve her dancing, her weight and mature before trying out again.

As for jealousy, that doesn't factor in one iota in my comments towards the girls.  In my younger days I could kick my foot to my forehead, pull off a triple pirouette & quickly learn choreo so my comments come from the viewpoint of a trained dancer (as are many others on this board).  I speak openly and plainly.  That is all.

This ^!! So very true. 

Just as much or more re: the jealousy factor.  I love to see comments from from others that have danced their whole life as well ~ I absolutely did.  This is one reason it brings me to watch religiously, season after season of DCC:MTT.  I run on adrenaline watching the sheer talent of these girls- it brings back so many memories of just being able to get in a studio and dance my &** off.  For all the amazing  skills of  so many- it's enjoyable to just sit and watch and be mesmerized- there are the ones, well, many that just aren't ready for several reasons. VK was one of them. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The show has lost its edge, in my opinion, since Season 7. The quality of the show has hit an all time low since Season 8, or has I like it call it, the Morgan Saga. I wish they would go back to the way the show was in Seasons One to Five. Kelli and Charlotte are using the show to promote the DCC Organization and Cowboys Organization. It has come down to the almighty dollar and ratings at the expense of the girls.

I think some of this is it’s just run it’s course. The first 4-5 seasons it was new and fresh and less polished. Which made it more interesting.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, KoKo said:

This ^!! So very true. 

Just as much or more re: the jealousy factor.  I love to see comments from from others that have danced their whole life as well ~ I absolutely did.  This is one reason it brings me to watch religiously, season after season of DCC:MTT.  I run on adrenaline watching the sheer talent of these girls- it brings back so many memories of just being able to get in a studio and dance my &** off.  For all the amazing  skills of  so many- it's enjoyable to just sit and watch and be mesmerized- there are the ones, well, many that just aren't ready for several reasons. VK was one of them. 

Same. Except for me it brings me back to my cheerleading years.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Among other things, VK couldn't even hold her center and fell out of her turns at Finals.  VK has shown several times she is not very spatially aware.  So no, she isn't that good.  Yet.  She could improve if she applies herself and is willing to change studios/teachers & receive better critique & apply the corrections.  As for weight, a visibly jiggling tummy is flat out not pretty, especially in the uniform.  As for her age, there have been several TCC her age with maturity so this shouldn't be an excuse.  VK needs to spend time away from her Mother, the DCC and her normal circle.  She needs life experience and time to mature.  I don't think stating these facts is mean. Just keeping it real.  If she wants it bad enough, I do hope she takes the time to improve her dancing, her weight and mature before trying out again.

As for jealousy, that doesn't factor in one iota in my comments towards the girls.  In my younger days I could kick my foot to my forehead, pull off a triple pirouette & quickly learn choreo so my comments come from the viewpoint of a trained dancer (as are many others on this board).  I speak openly and plainly.  That is all.

All I am saying is that none of US could stand the scrutiny that the girls on the show and the coaches receive on these boards.  I think that some of the jealousy on this board comes from wishing for those glory days cheerleaders/dancers never seem to be able to leave behind.  "In my younger days" are probably the operative words.   

Yes, VK made mistakes in her dancing at times.  Sometimes she was excellent.  You don't make mistakes? Lol  If needing a correction meant a girl wasn't worthy, then there would be no one standing at finals.  

Your opinion and others I have read that have harshly criticized various young women trying out or on the team is your opinion and I respect that.  My opinion is that people could be way more generous of spirit.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, cgloss said:

For all we know, it could have been Kelli's idea. Or CMT's. A way to shake up the same old, same old surprise. I wouldn't put it past Kelli to dream this up to really shock the girls after such a long training camp.

Hopefully it was done as a trick--"Charlotte needs to see "_____" in my office."

I think I finally understand why I am not a fan of Maddie's hip-hop.  When I see her dance with those other 3, it looks heavy.  It must be due to her shortness?

• Love 1

I for one don't watch the show to get invested in the show itself, I watch it for the girls and to see how excited they get when they get to live their dream. I don't critique anyone on the dancing cause I have no dance experience. I can attest to showmanship, but that's probably it. I'll still watch the show next year and any other year it's on because it's pure entertainment for me. I don't care if VK is going to be featured on the new season or not, she's just a character on the show. I don't stop watching my favorite shows because I don't like a character in them. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cherylmm2 said:

All I am saying is that none of US could stand the scrutiny that the girls on the show and the coaches receive on these boards.  I think that some of the jealousy on this board comes from wishing for those glory days cheerleaders/dancers never seem to be able to leave behind.  "In my younger days" are probably the operative words.   

Yes, VK made mistakes in her dancing at times.  Sometimes she was excellent.  You don't make mistakes? Lol  If needing a correction meant a girl wasn't worthy, then there would be no one standing at finals.  

Your opinion and others I have read that have harshly criticized various young women trying out or on the team is your opinion and I respect that.  My opinion is that people could be way more generous of spirit.  

I did have to undergo scrutiny.  As did every dancer on scholarship with me.  If we did not, we lost our scholarships.  I am not wishing for those glory days.  I loved it.  I enjoyed it.  I've moved on.  Part of life is we grow older and our bodies change.  You go with it.  Now I'm a swimmer.  Great exercise with no stress to my arthritic joints.  But my "operative words" as you call them, were chosen to show that I could do the things the cheerleaders do, in my younger days.  So no, my posts do not come from a place of jealousy or not being able to do or understand what the cheerleaders go through.

Of course I make mistakes.  When did I say I never do or did?  VK, IMHO, was never excellent.  She had her moments but she has a lot of work to do before she is ready for this team.  I know I'm not the only one on this board that feels this way.  We can't all be jealous or stupid.

I've explained myself since you do not know me.  We will just have to agree to disagree.  I'm not here to argue with you. 

Enjoy your day.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 23
30 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I always find the jealousy comments to be a bit odd. I’m jealous of the person in South Carolina who won the lottery. I wanna retire and spend the next decade traveling the world lol......some cheerleaders in Dallas, not so much. They’re all very talented and pretty, but that’s not the life I’m looking for at this point (i like making a living wage), and I’m not sure where the assumption comes that everyone who posts on the boards are un-athletic, overweight, and ugly. Some of us are content and happy with our lives and appearances. Now, i do think that from time to time, there are people who come to the boards and clearly have a personal axe to grind against certain girls on the show, but otherwise...i think most of us just comment on what we see. 

I do think that many of the comments against VK were unfair, but it is what it is. In a regular office setting, when one person is constantly favored above everyone else, that tends to breed resentment against that person, which may not be their fault. That’s just life. There are definitely downsides to be the teacher or boss’s pet.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I always find the jealousy comments to be a bit odd. I’m jealous of the person in South Carolina who won the lottery. I wanna retire and spend the next decade traveling the world lol......some cheerleaders in Dallas, not so much. They’re all very talented and pretty, but that’s not the life I’m looking for at this point (i like making a living wage), and I’m not sure where the assumption comes that everyone who posts on the boards are un-athletic, overweight, and ugly. Some of us are content and happy with our lives and appearances. Now, i do think that from time to time, there are people who come to the boards and clearly have a personal axe to grind against certain girls on the show, but otherwise...i think most of us just comment on what we see. 

I do think that many of the comments against VK were unfair, but it is what it is. In a regular office setting, when one person is constantly favored above everyone else, that tends to breed resentment against that person, which may not be their fault. That’s just life. There are definitely downsides to be the teacher or boss’s pet.

AMEN!

When K, J, & C get rid of those HIGH standards they set for becoming a DCC, I will stop calling the organization out on their hypocrisy. But for now, I'm shoving my "generous spirit" up ....

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, cgloss said:

True. We always want to think we know who did/said/initiated what & have strong suspicions, preferences,?etc., but bottom line is that we don't always know & are never always, always right about all things.  We only know what we hear, suspect, prefer & adamantly believe (& we are all entitled to that). 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2018 at 11:14 AM, UnicornKicks said:

Personally I wonder if she somehow intimidates JennK with her honesty and vibrance, and how she gets along so well and is inclusive to EVERYBODY, instead of being an elitist snot. 

and she's, you know, PRETTY.

• Love 2

36 VKs on the field certainly would spice things up.   No one would stay in their own space, there would be lots of collisions, everyone would be out of sync, and the uniforms would be interesting to fit.      

On second thought, it might be the most watched halftime show ever, and could make a fortune on pay per view.  

That would be a great show, and they could do a cross over with the EMTs that would have to transport the injured, and cross over episodes with Grey's Anatomy's new Ortho team.  

Then all of them could go on the TV judge shows suing for emotional distress (don't try that on Judge Judy), pain and suffering, and anything else they can think of, and show slow motion close ups of the assaults.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

36 VKs on the field certainly would spice things up.   No one would stay in their own space, there would be lots of collisions, everyone would be out of sync, and the uniforms would be interesting to fit.       

There are no words!!!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Cheer muumuu, problem solved.

Just now, Tootie said:

There are no words!!!

You owe me a new ipad.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Victoria was telling others she was a shoo-in and got away with doing things other girls would have been cut for, so yes, she needs to take part of the blame. It can make for a hostile environment for everyone. I personally could care less if she tries out again or makes the team. And I am certainly not jealous of the girls or do I "hate" the girls. I also do not think being a DCC is the be all, end all of the universe either. I think Victoria would be much better off if she steps totally away from the DCC Organization and decided to go on a different route.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Victoria was telling others she was a shoo-in and got away with doing things other girls would have been cut for, so yes, she needs to take part of the blame. It can make for a hostile environment for everyone. I personally could care less if she tries out again or makes the team. And I am certainly not jealous of the girls or do I "hate" the girls. I also do not think being a DCC is the be all, end all of the universe either. I think Victoria would be much better off if she steps totally away from the DCC Organization and decided to go on a different route.

Dayton proved that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I’m completely jealous of the person who won the lottery. They suck. That was supposed to be my money. I “need” a masarati. ?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

From your mouth to God's ears. 

• Love 10

Actually, I am jealous of Dayton. At 21 yrs old, I would not have rebounded with such grace and dignity in the face of public humiliation and rejection. Traveling around the world while doing what one truly loves is inspiring.

• Love 21