Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, SSAHotchner said:

I think it would be far more likely that she'd screw up on her own with all of the attention on her if it were a psychological thing and not just a lack of being able to remember all of every dance. Malena is all the things you say she is and would be a fine ambassador. I think she needs more experience learning lots of dances of various styles so that they come easier to her. I'm pretty sure most of us think she should have been eliminated much earlier for memory issues. It's like the girls in previous seasons who could do everything except kick high. Kelli should just have told her she was right in every other way and just needed to work on this and come back when she's more at ease learning dances at the pace the DCC moves. 

Can't diagnose of course but I see your point for sure. She definitely needs more experience regardless. From what I am seeing -which is very limited- I think she is distracted with the other girls moving around. When Judy forced her, a few times, she did great under pressure and on her own. In a group, she seems to have trouble remembering and focusing - for whatever reason. Same reason she made the flight crew but got benched? A sports psych can help with other things besides performance anxiety.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

This season has been a big mess. What we are seeing is disjointed editing because so much has gone on behind the scenes that I think they (CMT/Kelli/Charlotte) needed to figure out what they can and cannot show or film, so we are not seeing fluid (or close to) like we are used to. We’ve never seen, in all the years of the show, Kelli not being able to cut girls.

@PBSLover , Oh that makes sense. Disjointed, YES! I couldn't find the word. @tinabee1967, I agree. The infomercials force fitted in episodes this season bothered me too.  What's weird to me is it comes off desperate for attention. Almost as if TPTB are having an identity crisis, and can't figure out what it is they really want. Dance show, facility promo, a beloved child on a legacy journey of a lifetime, yet another comeback girl story (but not really a comeback). 

You both are right. I guess I get it now. How on earth did we get here? Whoever said the show "jumped the shark", seems right. So what should the name of the show be now???  OH and thanks to everyone for the welcome. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Go Hannah! Still needs to work on the three Ps and really commit to the moves, but it's nice to see her dedication.

It is nice to see how determined she is 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

The DCC really are the best. The Texans cheerleaders look a hot mess on the field and most of the girls are soft. They don’t even compare to the DCC.

You want to talk about a hot mess, check out the Cincinnati Ben-Gals.  Ugliest cheerleaders in the NFL.  Some of the noses on those women......OMG!

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Go Hannah! Still needs to work on the three Ps and really commit to the moves, but it's nice to see her dedication.

She dances way too fluid and soft for DCC style right now. Hopefully, she will keep working at it. Hannah is a cute girl, but lacks that glamorous WOW factor. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Really lame product placements, delayed cut decisions, not enough Kitty, too many guest choreographers with weird routines, VK 24/7/365 and the same old dialogue have ruined this season. If CMT picks this back up for DCCMTT 14, I will be surprised. Then again, S13 has allegedly been the highest rated. The viewers in general must love manufactured drama. Bring back this show when it was done during the Texas Stadium days, please.

Amen. I want to see dance and struggles and who’s making the team. I want to get to know ALL the TCCs. Only. All the drama is boring and takes away from the show.

57 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Can't diagnose of course but I see your point for sure. She definitely needs more experience regardless. From what I am seeing -which is very limited- I think she is distracted with the other girls moving around. When Judy forced her, a few times, she did great under pressure and on her own. In a group, she seems to have trouble remembering and focusing - for whatever reason. Same reason she made the flight crew but got benched? A sports psych can help with other things besides performance anxiety.

Yes. This. Malena knows the dances, she just can’t seem to execute them.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Hi, I'm Pebbles, and I am obsessed with Erin. Like major girl crush. I feel like no one talks about her on these boards but I adore her. And Bridget.

Erin is just beautiful! I agree on that. Welcome to the boards! :) Snark away, but play nice. ?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

surprising that K&J didn't send her to one.  I'm sure the cowboys have a  team sports psych on staff.. Looking back after the Jets situation, little surprised she or no one close in her close inner  circle didn't mention seeking out a psy to help.  If ins didn't pay, I would think being around "college football" employee would have lead to a discounted hourly fee.

Now if she has gone to one - which could very well be  secret to us due to HIPPA....then... hmmmm...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

You did.  She's in the pink-and-white shirt in the middle of the group.  

Roads have exits, just saying.

Kidding aside, her biggest problem is that she has absolutely no sense of musicality. She can lose weight, get a makeover, increase her flexibility, and get better at learning choreography till the cows come home, but I'm not sure she will ever be a "dancer."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

Hi, I'm Pebbles, and I am obsessed with Erin. Like major girl crush. I feel like no one talks about her on these boards but I adore her. And Bridget.

I like her too! It’s unbelievable that she made that much progress in under a year. I shouldn’t be bringing VK up all the time, but VK, pleasw work with erin if you’re only willing to work with girls who have ‘been there’.

i adore Bridget too. I think next year (and depending on how many vets retire-i think almost all upper vets will) she’s going to move up to either triangle, or Khalyn/Gina’s spot.

• Love 4

Amy's feature " Vet's Life outside of DCC " has been on my mind all weekend. What an accomplishment at a young age. She's a visionary

http://eminencedancecomplex.com/

Anybody know or have a good guess how much capital is needed to start your own dance studio ? Do dance studio's carry liability insurance - in case someone gets hurt ?  She mentioned she teaches baby classes but the girls look school age - so she teaches when - before school hours or just right after until 5- 5:30 ?

Then the capital needed to do the build-out, make initial payroll, and lease the space until enough parents pay the monthly dues.  She must have written an excellent proposal to get a SBA loan..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, sATL said:

Amy's feature " Vet's Life outside of DCC " has been on my mind all weekend. What an accomplishment at a young age. She's a visionary

http://eminencedancecomplex.com/

Anybody know or have a good guess how much capital is needed to start your own dance studio ? Do dance studio's carry liability insurance - in case someone gets hurt ?  She mentioned she teaches baby classes but the girls look school age - so she teaches when - before school hours or just right after until 5- 5:30 ?

Then the capital needed to do the build-out, make initial payroll, and lease the space until enough parents pay the monthly dues.  She must have written an excellent proposal to get a SBA loan..

On the schedule, it looks like she is teaching 2-5 year olds, some days late mornings & some days afternoons. They provably filmed her with older kids just for the episode.

I never knew Mary Kay & Sally Beauty Supply Seminars had such dedicated entertainment (read their bios -- man, do they need an editor/proofreader).

According to this article, between $10,000 & $50,000 is needed to start a dance studio. Insurance is a must.

https://dancefreak.com/how-to-start-a-dance-studio-on-a-budget/

I suspect they're either both highly in debt (neither have been out of college that long) or there is a lot of family money involved. It could also be a combination of the two.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 7:44 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I was gonna guess Lauren! I even tried to find her Instagram to find a video & do a voice match. If CMT didn’t also doctor the clip regarding Lauren’s pep talk, what a sweet and inspiring girl she is. And after looking at her IG, I feel like I didn’t realize how dang pretty she is too. She’s adorable. 

I LOVE Lauren!  (and not just because she's a fellow nurse) She seems to be one of the most genuine and caring people on the team.  I would love to see her be a long term member!

• Love 16
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I love the story of the girl who tried out for 5 years and finally made it.

IMO she looks a lot like Alyssa Milano!  I couldn't believe the Jalyn viewing at 15:18...looked like she was giving the serious side eye to whoever was called & wouldn't even applaud, she needs to read the Jackie O book on how to be gracious.

Another reason to love Brennan, she has great taste in dogs!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

The DCC really are the best. The Texans cheerleaders look a hot mess on the field and most of the girls are soft. They don’t even compare to the DCC.

Any clip of the Texans Cheerleaders I've seen...they are a mess.  They are NOT fun to watch.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Kidding aside, her biggest problem is that she has absolutely no sense of musicality. She can lose weight, get a makeover, increase her flexibility, and get better at learning choreography till the cows come home, but I'm not sure she will ever be a "dancer."

Agreed. I give her credit for following her dream.

Edited by Kayce
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

You did.  She's in the pink-and-white shirt in the middle of the group.  

Who is the girl beside her on the left?  She looks great!

Just now, ByTor said:

I did, it looked like some of them wrote novels for her LOL.  Looks like she was quite a locker room favorite, too bad that wasn't taken into account when the decision was made to cut her.

I agree.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

I love Erin too! Maybe it's just me but she gives me serious Brittney Schram vibes! :) I think it's her comeback story and look! 

23 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone else see Tara's instagram story of the calendar? Looks like the girls signed all their pictures for her, and she's actually in the swim calendar.

That was so adorable! 

IMG_20181022_141820.jpg

IMG_20181022_141832.jpg

Edited by NicoleS9954
Added photos.
  • Love 3

Just a few comments on TCC: Melena - I actually liked her but when she said she couldn’t learn the dances was that she never progressed beyond how she really struggled to learn the first couple of dances. I was impressed how she improved & I believed confidence in herself helped. I hope she comes back.  Rachel did sound like a pageant girl. Some come from states where everything is tightly scripted so she does not seem able to easily talk & articulate on her own. Perhaps more time away from the pageant will help her.

One thing I noticed about Dayton’s cut (don’t get me started on how premature & capricious it was !!!!) was for really the first time in the elevator exit, they allowed other candidates etc to ride in the elevator with her. Watch that with each cut. Always before it was a girl by herself with sad puppy eyes as the door closes. Great dramatic ending but it did nothing to help the girl who felt like the rug was jerked out from under her. I believe Tara had some go with her also.

Love Lauren as she is a well spoken nurse! Let’s hear it for all of us nurses on the board!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Just a few comments on TCC: Melena - I actually liked her but when she said she couldn’t learn the dances was that she never progressed beyond how she really struggled to learn the first couple of dances. I was impressed how she improved & I believed confidence in herself helped. I hope she comes back.  Rachel did sound like a pageant girl. Some come from states where everything is tightly scripted so she does not seem able to easily talk & articulate on her own. Perhaps more time away from the pageant will help her.

One thing I noticed about Dayton’s cut (don’t get me started on how premature & capricious it was !!!!) was for really the first time in the elevator exit, they allowed other candidates etc to ride in the elevator with her. Watch that with each cut. Always before it was a girl by herself with sad puppy eyes as the door closes. Great dramatic ending but it did nothing to help the girl who felt like the rug was jerked out from under her. I believe Tara had some go with her also.

Love Lauren as she is a well spoken nurse! Let’s hear it for all of us nurses on the board!

Fellow nurse here and I love Lauren!!  She does our profession proud :) 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Law Mom said:

She also can't fix her face. She is a very pretty girl, but she also looks 12. I wasn't sure someone could look younger than DCC Maddie, but she is an example of trying to look sexy, looks ridiculous. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

@sleepyjean , OMgosh me too!!!! How about it CMT??? Maybe that is the new fresh start we could enjoy. Think how insane this forum would be if we had more than one team to stock on Instagram.

@Pebbles116 , I love Erin too! Wowza! Last year I was confused about her look. Her stumble, bumble surprised me for how graceful she really is. Her transformation hit me about like Maddie's did her second time around. I am a Brennan fan, but the difference between Erin's bombshell reboot and Brennan is like night and day. Erin came so confident and morphed herself into a sexy vixen. She really must have studied her own body to find what made "her" sexy and not just attempt to copy someone else. @Pebbles116, do you think she could ever be a 50-yard girl if her power grows more? Maybe not yet, but it has me thinking. I hope she sticks around. Oh and her cameo is EVERYTHING!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

On the schedule, it looks like she is teaching 2-5 year olds, some days late mornings & some days afternoons. They provably filmed her with older kids just for the episode.

I never knew Mary Kay & Sally Beauty Supply Seminars had such dedicated entertainment (read their bios -- man, do they need an editor/proofreader).

According to this article, between $10,000 & $50,000 is needed to start a dance studio. Insurance is a must.

https://dancefreak.com/how-to-start-a-dance-studio-on-a-budget/

I suspect they're either both highly in debt (neither have been out of college that long) or there is a lot of family money involved. It could also be a combination of the two.

It doesn’t take all that much - money to rent the space and I assume some type of insurance, advertising budget, etc.  Book an auditorium for a recital, order costumes.  There’s a ton of what I call dolly dinkle studios around me and many of them aren’t very organized or good - and some of the people that own them can be very flakey (horror stories of parents showing up for classes only to find the place locked up cause owner didn’t pay rebt, one place took money for costumes for a recital that didn’t happen and then the place closed). IMO this stuff happens cause there are no real requirements or certifications needed to teach dance/be a studio owner.   Many studios literally just have their teen students teach the little ones and “pay” those students w/ reduced tuition.  Of course, if they made everyone who taught a dance class to some preschoolers have a degree/certification in dance it would probably be way too expensive.

There is just a very large variance between having dance studio and having a successful dance studio w/ a good reputation - at least around me there is.

Seems like Amy’s studio is pretty good cause her little kids are getting her and Sarah as a teachers - which is a lot better than what most really young kids get at some studios around me at that age.  

Edited by MyFavShows

I'm sure the DCC connection is great publicity for a dance studio in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.     Getting featured on the show probably was great for business too.  

She seemed like a really nice person. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

I love Erin too! Maybe it's just me but she gives me serious Brittney Schram vibes! :) I think it's her comeback story and look! 

Whoa, whoa, whoa! The only comparison to Brittney is perhaps Aphrodite herself.  Joking aside, I really don't remember much about Erin from last year, but she was definitely one of the stronger rookie candidates this year.  I think she looks good in that headshot, but am not really a fan of her look while dancing.  Her face is already on the longer side, and almost seems to droop when she dances.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It doesn’t take all that much - money to rent the space and I assume some type of insurance, advertising budget, etc.  Book an auditorium for a recital, order costumes.  There’s a ton of what I call dolly dinkle studios around me and many of them aren’t very organized or good - and some of the people that own them can be very flakey (horror stories of parents showing up for classes only to find the place locked up cause owner didn’t pay rebt, one place took money for costumes for a recital that didn’t happen and then the place closed). IMO this stuff happens cause there are no real requirements or certifications needed to teach dance/be a studio owner.   Many studios literally just have their teen students teach the little ones and “pay” those students w/ reduced tuition.  Of course, if they made everyone who taught a dance class to some preschoolers have a degree/certification in dance it would probably be way too expensive.

There is just a very large variance between having dance studio and having a successful dance studio w/ a good reputation - at least around me there is.

Seems like Amy’s studio is pretty good cause her little kids are getting her and Sarah as a teachers - which is a lot better than what most really young kids get at some studios around me at that age.  

Right, but since Amy’s Studio is a legit studio with a great reputation, it probably DID take a good deal of money to start and keep it running. No dance studio we’ve ever been at has teenagers teaching anyone. Not sure where you live, but that wouldn’t fly here- and it’s not cheap to rent these auditoriums for recitals. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Rookie Rachel reminds me of Kalyssa.

I don't see that at all.  Kalyssa was full of sensuality.  Don't get me wrong, Rachel is beautiful, but she wears WAY too much makeup, even by DCC standards.  It makes her skin look orange on TV, which detracts from her natural beauty.  Maybe there were some other moments that I'm blanking on, but she was a deer in the headlights in her office visit.  She seemed so timid and expressionless.  Hopefully she grows on me because she has potential.  

Rachel.jpg

Edited by vivianspoetry
Typo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, IzzyEnd said:

@sleepyjean , OMgosh me too!!!! How about it CMT??? Maybe that is the new fresh start we could enjoy. Think how insane this forum would be if we had more than one team to stock on Instagram.

@Pebbles116 , I love Erin too! Wowza! Last year I was confused about her look. Her stumble, bumble surprised me for how graceful she really is. Her transformation hit me about like Maddie's did her second time around. I am a Brennan fan, but the difference between Erin's bombshell reboot and Brennan is like night and day. Erin came so confident and morphed herself into a sexy vixen. She really must have studied her own body to find what made "her" sexy and not just attempt to copy someone else. @Pebbles116, do you think she could ever be a 50-yard girl if her power grows more? Maybe not yet, but it has me thinking. I hope she sticks around. Oh and her cameo is EVERYTHING!

As much as I adore Erin (and I love her look), I don't think she'll ever be a 50 yard girl, not with so many other girls who are just as striking and talented. Don't get me wrong, I am an Erin fan girl, but when you have people like Bridget and Amber, I can't see it happening.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I don't see that at all.  Kalyssa was full of sensuality.  Don't get me wrong, Rachel is beautiful, but she wears WAY too much makeup, even by DCC standards.  It makes her skin look orange on TV, which detracts from her natural beauty.  Maybe there were some other moments that I'm blanking on, but she was a deer in the headlights in her office visit.  She seemed so timid and expressionless.  Hopefully she grows on me because she has potential.  

Rachel.jpg

Agreed. I don’t see the comparison. They’re both beautiful girls, but beyond that, they seem night and day to me. Kalyssa, love or hate her, never seemed boring, scripted, or timid to me. Rachel however seems dull as dishwater. Now, i say seems because she may be full of personality behind all of that makeup and carefully crafted pageant persona, but I don’t think it has ever come through on the show. Likewise, in terms of dance, Kalyssa was powerful but very messy IMO. Rachel lacks power, but doesn’t have the untrained dancer look. It’s clear she has good technique and a strong dance background. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Rachel.jpg

I don't either. To me, you could have told me Kalyssa was a Maxim model and I would have believed you from day one. If you told me Rachel W did naked pictures I would have thought: Playboy Girl Next Door edition. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

What’s so funny is the difference between last year and this year!  She totally turned it around.  Last year she looked so not DCC ready.  But this year?  She took major steps during the year to get her look right and her dancing right.  I was not a fan of hers last year and could not see her in the uniform.  This year she’s rocking it!  She took the Maddie/Amy makeover course to get her looks DCC ready.  I’m totally rooting for her!

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

What’s so funny is the difference between last year and this year!  She totally turned it around.  Last year she looked so not DCC ready.  But this year?  She took major steps during the year to get her look right and her dancing right.  I was not a fan of hers last year and could not see her in the uniform.  This year she’s rocking it!  She took the Maddie/Amy makeover course to get her looks DCC ready.  I’m totally rooting for her!

Agree! You can tell she worked HARD to get the DCC style down and she did it! Love.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I have wanted CMT/the Dallas Cowboys PTB to release "DCC:MTT" on DVD or Blu-Ray for the longest Time! I would buy every season!

• Love 3

Regarding TK's black mascara tears, I'm assuming she has lash extensions and waterproof mascara is a big no-no. Water-based mascara is okay if you want to pump it up a notch or two. 

My thoughts:

1) Why would she want to pump it up for a Training Camp day? When I have lash extensions I go to black tie events and don't find the need to add mascara (and I get extensions that don't look out of place in day-to-day life).

2) She was not anticipating the possibility of being cut (and crying) that day. 

Edited by amacmom
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I have wanted CMT/the Dallas Cowboys PTB to release "DCC:MTT" on DVD or Blu-Ray for the longest Time! I would buy every season!

All the seasons on DVD and/or Blu-Ray could bring in big bucks for Kelli and Charlotte. I bet the sales would beat out calendars sales.

1 hour ago, Pebbles116 said:

As much as I adore Erin (and I love her look), I don't think she'll ever be a 50 yard girl, not with so many other girls who are just as striking and talented. Don't get me wrong, I am an Erin fan girl, but when you have people like Bridget and Amber, I can't see it happening.

That is true. Can't argue there. I really do hope some of these rock star rookies stay to be even better vets. If everyone manages the 1st year storm and keep weight in check. Next year could be hard for new girls to make camp at all. Makes one wonder...how many current vets will retire.

Oh yea, meant to ask. Does Miranda seem off this year, or frumpy? I like her down to earthiness, but she seems not put together as well as I remember last year. But hey, my son's tell me my eyes are the low budget brand.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't either. To me, you could have told me Kalyssa was a Maxim model and I would have believed you from day one. If you told me Rachel W did naked pictures I would have thought: Playboy Girl Next Door edition. 

Her smile is a little “toothy” but I think she is very attractive. I just hope she snaps out of that pageant girl shell and show’s some more personality. Also, call me weird but I never liked Kalyssa and when she quit on the team it sealed that.

• Love 1