Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I don’t mind Judy’s couch comment - she’s actually right - we see extremely edited/carefully selected snippets of these girls dancing, and most of the time it’s cause the producers are trying to create a storyline.  With enough dance footage you can find enough clips to make the worst dancer look like the best and vice versa.  Same goes with Kelli, Judy and GC comments - you can pick out pieces of their statements and make it sound like they hate someone they like and vice versa.  

• Love 8

Never been a fan of VK but was pleased with how she handled the dismissal including saying she would do what it takes next year or however long it takes. Surprised she was acknowledging it might take longer than a year.  She showed maturity being concerned about Kelli. I also saw a young girl whose heart was literally breaking. That is a piece of who would be a great DCC. Now she has to put the rest of the pieces together.

i felt like Judy’s yellow stool has changed color or has faded over time. Ohhh they could auction it off!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Absolutely!  And I think Judy removed the couch comment because of us!

I seriously doubt that. She likely just realized it was a bit much and deleted it herself. Don't give us TOO much credit lol

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t mind Judy’s couch comment - she’s actually right - we see extremely edited/carefully selected snippets of these girls dancing, and most of the time it’s cause the producers are trying to create a storyline.  With enough dance footage you can find enough clips to make the worst dancer look like the best and vice versa.  Same goes with Kelli, Judy and GC comments - you can pick out pieces of their statements and make it sound like they hate someone they like and vice versa.  

I agree with this. Reality TV is not reality. Blame everything on CMT. They looked at VK and thought "ratings gold." They probably thought she was extremely likable and will provide at least 2 seasons of interest. Look on her Instagram and she is getting so many "I love you!" and "you are the greatest dancer" comments.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That is true. A great way to avoid that is to not do a reality TV show, Judy.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2018 at 12:33 AM, rose711 said:

I don’t think Kelli is giving up picking the team until she retires. I do wish she delegated it more. She’s made mistakes the past few years, in my view. She’s not getting better at picking the team than she was 5 years ago.

i wonder how much they drew out cuts to just extend to 13 episodes.  Remember how  Kristin was cut and then not cut in an episode and then made it a few weeks longer? 

Yeah no way is she turning over picking the team to anyone else and guarantee they'll consult her when she does retire in 20 years. 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:38 AM, scorpio1031 said:

I think she was just a second set of eyeballs, and someone who could help the girls with posing.  I hope she didn’t help choose the final photos.  They weren’t that great as we’ve discussed.  

This. 

On 10/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I think Jenn K's choreo is fine and the classes she teaches seem to truly be useful - not just with their 'power and projection' but also with becoming more aware of how DCC are expected to act (mature, professional, etc.)  She seems to offer real encouragement and information that helps a lot of girls. 

THAT said, I think Jenn lets her own quirks define her decisions too often.  I don't want to say petty reasons because sometimes she DOES have valid critiques (like a low kick).  But her definition of 'pop' and even her rude judgment of Kashara based solely on her accent...I lose some respect for her and take her overall criticisms with a grain of salt. 

as for her weight, she DID just have a baby and was pregnant for a lot of the past year lol.  Normally I know she works hard to be in shape, she's never been ripped.   

100% to all this. She's always been about the brand and not the friendships. She's more Kelli Jr than anybody. I also hate her for judging and acting superior to sombody with an accent she thought she was above. 

On 10/18/2018 at 3:49 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think they were dissing Lacey; they love Lacey.  Kash is more dynamic for point, the only criticisms I ever hear for Lacey are how soft she is. she's clean but she doesn't have the power and pop that Kashara does.  Kash stepped up a lot last year, particularly when she went from being a second leader to running Erica's group.  I think she just impressed them a lot.  My heart was so full when Judy praised her again this year saying Kash did a great job and she had no reason not to make her point again.

My money is on Lacey being pro bowl tho this year!  she deserves it for sure.  

Jenn is a go - getter; I admire that aspect of her SO much.  She is just one of those people who sets a goal and goes for it.  

All this again. Lacey is too timid to do all the speaking Point ends up doing, and not as powerful. She comes off scared and unsure, so they can't even just have her stand there and smile like they did with Whitney. Who knows with HOlly bc they all but hid her from speaking. It's a shame with Lacey. 

On 10/18/2018 at 5:10 PM, Jess14 said:

I definitely think Erica was in running pre-injury and dismissal. By saying Jenna was the obvious choice, I was mainly just referring to their actions the prior year, where they tested her at point a few times, and she did well there (im assuming they felt the same, since she initially got the point position last year). I’m certainly not implying she was a slam dunk. Holly A getting point over Emma was surprising to me, so they definitely don’t always do what is expected.

Holly P at point actually would’ve surprised me. I don’t know why actually lol. Its just a feeling. I actually wonder if Holly would’ve gotten point over Kashara, if she hadn’t been involved in the drama, and it had just been Jenna who was in trouble. I guess we’ll never know, but I think Kashara had the better position in the triangle in the first place. I should put the disclaimer though that while I think Holly is one of the most talented dancers they’ve ever had, I never thought she was a standout in DCC style. I prefer to watch Jenna, Kashara, and Erica in DCC choreo, so that may affect my opinion here.

Yeah that triangle wouldve been Jenna/Erica/Holly.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:15 AM, EricaShadows said:

Was that in a previous episode and I don't remember it (which is entirely possible) or tonight's episode which I am SO excited to watch but have to wait until iTunes pops it up.

In many years, she's struggled to find enough girls who are pretty and can dance so, while she would LIKE a squad of 40, she wouldn't have been able to legitimately been able to find that many.  This year would have been an exception if Victoria had been cut MUCH earlier in the season and not dragged to the end in the hopes that enough other girls screwed up so she could get a spot without having to cut her or expand the squad JUST so she could have a spot.

There have been MANY girls on the squad who have been 18 when they made the squad (Lacey, Jenna, Brooke Sorenson, and Dara McFarlane to name a few) and have been mature for their age.  I think it's Victoria's general behavior overall as well as Kelli's overtly blatant favoritism towards her (which Victoria couldn't help to a degree, but certainly took advantage of) that turned people off.  I don't know about anyone else, but if I was shown such favoritism (either in a job search or actually AT my work), I'd at least make sure I'd get at least a second and third opinion from other people who I know are aware of the situation and WON"T sugar coat their answers to make sure that what I'm experiencing is what's actually going on.  If it is, I'd ask that it please stop because it's hurting me rather than helping me and not allowing me to grow, change and expand my role in the company.  It's not in my nature just as making sure I really AM tougher on those I have a personal or lifelong connection to in order to make sure that they've earned the spot instead of my input being the reason they GOT the spot.

Brooke was not 18.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:36 AM, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t understand these photos at all. I have several things to say, but I’m going to refrain because I don’t feel like arguing on the boards today. ?

Tacky and desperate like she's trying to simulateously trying to brag "I'm preggers, be jealous, but look I'm still hot and thrown in a flag bc I'm ALL AMERICAN''. Just weird.

12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Remember the posts from years past when the girls would come in and their locker would be filled with their sponsor's products - makeup and hair. I remember Bedhead was one.  During Season 1, the had announced the team, and Kelli said it was time to get ready and they showed Nicole getting her braces checked and Kandi was using Mario Badescu products.  I remember thinking, Wow!  High end sponsors:)  If they are still sponsored, they might be getting shadow, liner, mascara, etc, and hair products.

Zinc beauty was sponsoring makeup unless they changed again. 

12 hours ago, kevinrm27 said:

Prediction: If VK makes the team in 2019 (God forbid...), she will be Point at some time during her time as a Veteran on the squad. Guaranteed.

I predict one year, two max for her. Just to say she was a DCC. 

9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

This makes me wonder how much of an advantage these recruited girls have over regular girls who have “a dream” and go tryout.  Like what percentage make it into camp that weren’t recruited, and what percentage of recruited girls get cut at semis/finals...   Like if the DCC doesn’t know who you are beforehand, how much of s shot do you really even have?

HUGE ADVANTAGE but that is not exclusive to DCC. THat's just dance. I'd say for DCC like maybe 2-3 come from out of the blue and make it to camp. Most are either recruited, referred, or known from prep class. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

That is true. A great way to avoid that is to not do a reality TV show, Judy.

Very easy to say. Not so easy to do.

I doubt Charlotte gave her the option to opt-out of the show, and if that's the case, the only other thing Judy could have done was resign. That's not a simple thing...resigning from a position you've had for your entire adult life, when it's all you know how to do, and you have bills to pay and a lifestyle to support.

(1) When the show started Cassie was still in high school, possibly headed toward college. You don't walk away from a good paying job under those circumstances. And Judy would have had no reason to. She wouldn't have known what this show would turn into and how social media would blow up to everyone having an opinion about how she does her job. The internet was a very different place in 2005.

(2) Now she's 60 and nearing the end of her career. No other NFL teams are looking for (or have budget for) an artistic director such as herself. They need an actual choreographer to create and teach dances. I don't think she can do that anymore.

(3) Even if she could, I can't imagine her going to another NFL or NBA team, as she would consider that a step down.

(4) She makes very good money with the DCC, in part because of the show. I don't know what other career options are out there for her that would afford her the living she has now. I'm sure she could do some sort of consulting, but NFL cheerleading is a real niche field. I don't know if her credentials are as impressive outside of this sphere and what kind of money that would translate into. What I do know is nobody with sense makes a move to downgrade their pay as they approach the end of their career.

(5) This show is almost over. 13 years is a good run. Now it is descending into drama and foolishness like every other reality show. I give it five more years max. At this point, she might as well hang in there. She'll retire within the next 5-10 years anyway.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Law Mom said:

The bottom line is that if this were the worse case of favoritism in the world, Victoria would be on the team. All that happened was that she was cut later rather than sooner.  She was not qualified this year and should not have made it, and she didn't.  So what that she hung around a little longer? The final team was not affected in any way.  I think Malena's case is worse. Yes, she is beautiful and professional, but she can't do the dance part. And this is a dance team. She is a far greater risk  to the organization than Victoria or Tara.  I suspect that they are letting her stay because they really want her to get that extra training and work on the choreo for a full year, but she doesn't know that. She was a bundle of nerves last night.

90% of being a DCC is the ability to perform flawlessly under a high amount of pressure. That's what training camp is all about. Not wahhhh "I didn't get show group."

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

90% of being a DCC is the ability to perform flawlessly under a high amount of pressure. That's what training camp is all about. Not wahhhh "I didn't get show group."

A lot of people want to be on show group cause they get all the extra perks like traveling for shows and such 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, PBSLover said:

There are great eye make-up removers that remove waterproof mascara. New formulas where the make-up sort of melts off. 

Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover.  It's been my go to for water proof mascara removal for over a decade.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

I disagree with this totally since these segments were actually filmed over 8 weeks ago, way before any of this bubbled up.

4 hours ago, MTTFan said:

keep in mind that this board follows the camp in real time -- not just when the show airs.

Stuff was leaking from the start of training camp this year. And it got back to TPTB. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

[snip]

(5) This show is almost over. 13 years is a good run. Now it is descending into drama and foolishness like every other reality show. I give it five more years max. At this point, she might as well hang in there. She'll retire within the next 5-10 years anyway.

100% co-sign. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This show is almost over. 13 years is a good run. Now it is descending into drama and foolishness like every other reality show. I give it five more years max. At this point, she might as well hang in there. She'll retire within the next 5-10 years anyway.

I don’t believe this. The show had the highest ratings ever this season for CMT. The Dallas Cowboys organization loves that their brand is shown/highlighted on an international cable network.

7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover.  It's been my go to for water proof mascara removal for over a decade.

A LOT of beauty YouTubers/influencers have mentioned this as their ‘holy grail’ for removing waterproof mascara as well as some hardcore eye make-up brands.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I don’t believe this. The show had the highest ratings ever this season for CMT. The Dallas Cowboys organization loves that their brand is shown/highlighted on an international cable network.

HA!  The varying views on this board crack me up!  You know I adore you @PBSLover

It will be interesting to see where this show goes in the next few years.  Especially in light of all the recent headlines regarding fair pay for cheerleaders.  Who knows.  If the Cowboys organization decides to be the forerunner in setting the trend for higher pay and benefits for the cheerleaders, it could keep the show going for quite a few more years.

Edited by go4luca
deleted one word too many
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

A lot of people want to be on show group cause they get all the extra perks like traveling for shows and such 

A lot of people can humbly accept rejection and disappointment without affecting the quality their performance. It's called "performing under  pressure".

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

HA!  The varying views on this board crack me up!  You know I adore you @PBSLover

It will be interesting to see where this show goes in the next few years.  Especially in light of all the recent headlines regarding fair pay for cheerleaders.  Who knows.  If the Cowboys organization decides to be the forerunner in setting the trend for higher pay and benefits for the cheerleaders, it could keep the show going on for quite a few more years.

That’s true. Love you too!!!!!

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I doubt Charlotte gave her the option to opt-out of the show, and if that's the case, the only other thing Judy could have done was resign. That's not a simple thing...resigning from a position you've had for your entire adult life, when it's all you know how to do, and you have bills to pay and a lifestyle to support.

(1) When the show started Cassie was still in high school, possibly headed toward college. You don't walk away from a good paying job under those circumstances. And Judy would have had no reason to. She wouldn't have known what this show would turn into and how social media would blow up to everyone having an opinion about how she does her job. The internet was a very different place in 2005.

(2) Now she's 60 and nearing the end of her career. No other NFL teams are looking for (or have budget for) an artistic director such as herself. They need an actual choreographer to create and teach dances. I don't think she can do that anymore.

(3) Even if she could, I can't imagine her going to another NFL or NBA team, as she would consider that a step down.

(4) She makes very good money with the DCC, in part because of the show. I don't know what other career options are out there for her that would afford her the living she has now. I'm sure she could do some sort of consulting, but NFL cheerleading is a real niche field. I don't know if her credentials are as impressive outside of this sphere and what kind of money that would translate into. What I do know is nobody with sense makes a move to downgrade their pay as they approach the end of their career.

Judy's husband does well with his business, so I do not think Judy is in it for the money. She probably enjoys what she does and likes being with the girls, but being on a reality television show for 13 years can wear a person down. I have no clue if her husband is retired, but I think they would survive money wise if she decided to hang it up.

8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

A LOT of beauty YouTubers/influencers have mentioned this as their ‘holy grail’ for removing waterproof mascara as well as some hardcore eye make-up brands.

I have normal to dry skin so need gentle products and this fits the bill for me.  There are also some great holy grail (HG) products in Korean beauty products.  Especially if you do the double cleanse method for makeup removal.

To keep this sort of on topic re: DCC

Thanks to that video @scorpio1031 shared, I have now discovered an odd DCC factoid:  Using deodorant on the face to control perspiration.  Wow.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I have normal to dry skin so need gentle products and this fits the bill for me.  There are also some great holy grail (HG) products in Korean beauty products.  Especially if you do the double cleanse method for makeup removal.

To keep this sort of on topic re: DCC

Thanks to that video @scorpio1031 shared, I have now discovered an odd DCC factoid:  Using deodorant on the face to control perspiration.  Wow.

You're welcome:)  I remember when I shared it last time, some were surprised about using the chapstick as a shadow primer and complained that it burned, and someone else said not to use the mint chapstick……...LOL!!  I knew about the baby powder as a dry shampoo.  But I wonder, in temp controlled AT&T stadium, how bad do they get compared to Texas Stadium?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

I disagree with this totally since these segments were actually filmed over 8 weeks ago, way before any of this bubbled up.

The rumors (and discussions on this board) of Victoria claiming to be guaranteed a spot on the team surfaced way back around audition time ... in MAY.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

We have already lost one insider because TPTB were on the hunt for the tea spillers. They may have been filmed 8 or so weeks ago, but this board follows TC in real time. And we already know, per Shelly, that Kelli and Judy do come here from time to time and read. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

We have already lost one insider because TPTB were on the hunt for the tea spillers. They may have been filmed 8 or so weeks ago, but this board follows TC in real time. And we already know, per Shelly, that Kelli and Judy do come here from time to time and read. 

and then Shelly laughs :)

• Love 8
On 17/10/2018 at 12:28 AM, scorpio1031 said:

So, VK is 18 years old, been dancing most of her life and I'm assuming with different teachers.  My question is for all of you dance experts on our forum, and I apologize if we did discuss this before - she doesn't stay in her space, would that have been addressed in a dance class?  Should that have been addressed?  I'm thinking safety.  I'm thinking that if I'm the dancer next to her, I would be worried I'd get hit.  I'm surprised it wasn't addressed in TC because other girls have been talked to about lines, following a leader, etc, but I guess by now, I shouldn't be surprised.

Can't speak for 'pure' dance, but for skating, hell yeeeessss the whole rink would have heard you being chewed out over travelling, esp if you're a pairs or dance skater, because you can literally kill your partner if you travel into them (people have had their throats cut by a partners blade during side by side camel spins when someone has travelled) and you also lose a lot of technical points for travelling, but even as a single skater if you don't keep to where you're meant to be when you're meant to be there, you can end up jumping into the boards or running out of space.  your footwork sequences have to be perfect in line(either straight or on the circle) and your spins etc have to be precise.  with skating its super easy to see when someone travels as the ice is a serious little snitch and marks up under your blade. 

IF it was never mentioned to Vk then her teachers were falling down on the job

• Love 9
On 10/19/2018 at 9:54 AM, scorpio1031 said:

I think Judy is well aware of what could have been done differently in TC, and is being defensive about it.  Or she could be frustrated with Kelli and takes it out on everyone else, including the viewers.  However, I've never appreciated the whole you guys don't see what goes on behind the camera.  Are you saying that you are editing the show to give us a false impression?  Cause I assume that what I see on the show is just a small part of what is really happening - Malena isn't getting the dances, Tara is struggling, VK is annoying, etc.

I don't believe VK's kindness in the office.  I think there was an awareness of cameras in the room.

And with taking so long to finalize the team, everything got so rushed at the end what with Meet the Team and the first game.  Charlotte should just give Kelli a deadline and remind her, you get 36 girls and that's it.  Or give her a criteria list - it's week 4, who can do this and who can't?  Start cutting.

I think she's certainly aware of what could have been done differently in Training Camp and felt helpless to do anything about it because she'd tried already and was shut down about it.  On top of that, she's frustrated with Kelli because she's watched Kelli be more ruthless over the years, yet is treated ONE rookie candidate with kid gloves when, if she'd been anyone else, she would have been cut LONG ago and that was IF she'd made Training Camp after that bad Finals audition.  Frankly, I think that they should already KNOW who the weaker girls are by the end of week 2 and should have several girls they're ready to cut by the end of week 3, if they haven't already, with a list of several more girls who are on the bubble and can be cut if they don't improve over a certain period of time.  That list should start with the weakest girls/most likely to be cut at the top and work your way down.  If Judy and Kelli aren't sure, they should look at the girls in Training Camp and say "If we had to pick the team tonight, who are the top 36?" list those girls and look at who falls below that line and start cutting from the bottom of that list unless a girl significantly improves.  That list of Kelli's and Judy's may change over time, especially if they ask themselves (and select others) that question at least twice a week starting in week 2.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, Kate2006 said:

I'll probably get flamed for this but it was tough watching  VK's cut, although I think she lasted too long.  Her not wanting to go home and tell her mom says volumes about the pressure she was under from home to make the team. I really think a year from now when she makes the team (because we all know she will come back and make the team at some point), she will reflect that getting cut was the best thing that could have happened to her. It will teach her humility and empathy for future TCC's who are going through the process. I really think she will mature from that experience and learn that nepotism doesn't always work out in your favor. 

She might be under a lot of pressure from home, which makes me sad for her because NO ONE should be under that much pressure from parents.  On the other hand, if her mom would stop trying to relive her glory days as a DCC through her daughter and had let her daughter actually LIVE her life and experience both success and failures, Victoria might actually have made the squad this year if she had not only have taken steps to actually improve in all the areas asked of her, but been an overall better person.  That's entirely on Tina (and some on the father).  I really hope Victoria steps out of her comfort zone and works on the things she was told in Training Camp, but I doubt she was actually told ANYTHING beyond lose the weight and some other inconsequential things.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, jlc said:

Sorry, but I don't give her that much credit. She will come back expecting to make the team because Aunt Kelli told her there is a uniform for you and you will do great things (point, pro bowl, all star) on this team.

I half expect this of her too.  I'm REALLY hoping to be proved wrong, but I doubt I will be.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:41 PM, DFWBelle said:

Someone told me to "watch the show, it will change your perspective of the VK situation" months ago. Now that I've watched the whole thing, the cut has been broadcast, my opinion is no different. If I were Judy, Shelly, or Jinelle I would feel uncomfortable in many ways about how Kelly treated Victoria and feel undermined as an employee. While Victoria is a good dancer in many styles and did improve in the DCC style as training camp went on, she was by no means top 36 and should not have made training camp based on her audition (i.e. falling out of turns multiple times). The moment Victoria blew off Jinelle and had that horrendous encounter with her in the office she should have been excused from training camp. Others have been given the boot for much less, Kendall from not going to extra sessions with mentor Melissa, etc. For Victoria's weight, attitude towards Jinelle, and locker room toxicity to not be addressed in her cut is wrong when you look at how harshly Kelly spoke to Dayton and Kristen this summer. When Victoria enters the real world she's in trouble because adults have been doing a serious disservice to her by coddling her. 

I wonder who said to "watch the show, it will change your perspective of the VK situation" and what they meant by it, especially if they thought you'd go from disliking her to liking her or vice versa.  When I think about the whole issue with Victoria, I often wonder how much of it is her and how much of it is the favoritism and nepotism that's showered on her by Kelli.  If one or the other was changed, would I like the situation more or would I still hate how everything went down?

22 hours ago, MamaV said:

Here’s my take:

I think Kelli’s comments that VK has potential for the team blah blah blah were made to appease TK and VK. And probably Kelli herself.  

I think VK comes back next year with her weight and behavior at a decent enough level that she gets a place on the team. JMHO

I hope that Victoria improves enough to make 

19 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

She was on the Florida Marlins dance team for two years prior to DCC, so she was definitely not an 18 year old rookie.

I think Judy had a very human and understandable reaction. While viewers have every right to watch the show and form their own opinions, for Judy this isn't tv. This is her job every day, day after day for almost 30 years. She does not edit the show and does not control which stories are told and how. So yeah, she's had enough of low-information viewers Monday morning quarterbacking her decisions and her qualifications. I can't say I blame her. I don't believe that just because people are on tv or are celebrities that they don't have the same emotions and frailties as anyone else. For the most part, she handles it with grace. Occasionally it gets to her. I have no problem with that.

Sorry about that.  I'd forgotten that she was a dancer for the Marlins.  Mia Culpa.  As for the rest of it, I completely understand her frustration with things, but that's when you either go into a quiet place without electronics/paparazzi or find someone who can keep their lips zipped and just RANT until the emotions clear and you can think clearly again.  Problem solved for the moment.

18 hours ago, abigator said:

A day later, I’m still fired up about the office visit for VK’s cut. Kelli’s comments about people assuming VK was a shoo in due to her connections & how that was bull clearly illustrate how deluded Kelli was this season. I think everyone here can agree that VK worked hard in training camp. It’s not like she was standing in the corner filing her nails the entire time. BUT ALL THE GIRLS WORK HARD.

What people have a problem with is that VK clearly had no respect for the process & her lack of respect & immaturity had absolutely no consequences. She gained 11 lbs in the matter of a few weeks. She should’ve been cut. There was absolutely no way for her to lose that weight in a healthy manner & maintain that weight loss if she gained that much in such a short period of time. “Give her the respect” my ass. Then, she disrespected a staff member, ignored services that the organization generously offered her, & only apologized as an afterthought when she was being reprimanded. She should’ve been cut then, especially if she was caught lying. After that debacle, she butchered her media interviews to the point where Kelli stated she couldn’t trust her to talk to media. When Kelli made the decision that she wouldn’t train/help Taylor with her mistakes, she absolutely should have cut VK for the same reason. Finally, you have the stickers & the office visits. She has 1 sticker. She had 5 office visits.

It’s clear that VK worked hard to learn the dances & is passionate about being a DCC, but that doesn’t make her special. Every single girl that tries out works hard & is passionate. VK clearly had the advantage of nepotism that every other girl didn’t. She got away with gaining 11 lbs while Tara was cut for being underwhelming & gaining 10 lbs. She got away with having a horrendous media day while Taylor was cut for the same reason. Based on rumors here, VK hasn’t learned her lesson or matured at all, considering she’s running around her dance classes telling people that she was cut for taking up too much screen time. Kelli did her no favors by softening the blow of being cut. She should’ve put every issue out on the table just like she does with every other TCC. Look at how she talked to Madeline & Kristin. Unfortunately, VK will audition next year, fly under the radar with little to no focus on her/no THs in an attempt to quiet the unrest & still let her on the team. Very disappointed in this season & what this process has become.

It's a toss-up between Victoria being an entitled, immature girl who's oblivious to the optics of the whole situation and is ecstatic that she's "guaranteed" a spot on the team, thus doing absolutely NOTHING to earn beyond learning the dances and Kelli who is mostly blind to the favoritism and nepotism that she's doling out to Victoria and may have been so nervous and unsure of her own judgement (plus a seeming lack of confidence) regarding picking the team that she either willingly blinds herself to the faults of the rookie candidates or doesn't want to make ANY calls that could come back to haunt her like they did last year.  Probably a combination of all of the above.

15 hours ago, MTTFan said:

If that had happened (or happens in the future) K can never cut someone for weight, attitude or mistakes again without everybody in the world crying foul.

The biggest sign of favoritism (besides the fact that she on the show until the next to last episode) -- the edit showing VK hugging each of them, showing her walking through the tunnel and hugging K's assistant, etc. and CMT's comment "hold your head up."  I am open to correction but I don't recall CMT ever making a post like that before.  VK was the story this year and it fell completely flat and did nothing but show K&J in a really bad light.

I also agree with the comment that Judy's comments were a put down of the fans that watch the show.  I would be careful, those same fans may not be viewing next year.

Take the hint CMT, Charlotte, Kelli and Judy:  in TV parlance your show is coming awfully close to "jumping the shark" and losing whatever goodwill and credibility it had in the past.

I hope Kelli gets her confidence back about her judgement of people and, if Victoria shows up next year like she did this year, that she tells the girl, "Not this time.  You're nowhere near ready."  Probably won't happen though.  Victoria will probably get passed through and onto the squad without a problem,

6 hours ago, MamaV said:

Are there any more updates about VK possibly getting her own show in her lead up to auditions?  Just wondering. 

6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Only that Tina is trying hard to make that happen. 

I humbly beg of TPTB to not only NOT make this happen (if indeed there is truth to this), but to tell both Victoria and Tina to bugger off about it because Victoria's not pretty enough, talented enough or compelling enough to warrant her own show.

6 hours ago, MTTFan said:

If true, Because  VK is her little girl and she is looking for another bite of the limelight -- keep in mind that if Vk has a show, her mother is bound to be part of it.  Probably wants a little of what Kelli has with MTT.

I suspect that this is more Tina's doing and that she not only wants to relive her glory days as a DCC through her daughter, but wants to be in the limelight again in the current time and place.  I can guarantee that I will NOT be watching this show if it ever comes to fruition.  I love professional dance of all types, but will only watch shows that will catch my attention and this one won't. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Jalyn - "I'm not a pretty cryer." LMAO! She is hilarious.

Has any other TCC or DCC had that much runny mascara? What a train wreck.

image.png.d3b78525a9d337612dae3927cc6df74e.png

given they dance regularly in extremely hot conditions, sweating a lot, to wear anything other than waterproof mascara is just straight up stupid.  had that been me, I'd be mortified to my grave. she had mascara all over her top. she reminded me of the Joker

• Love 5

All I keep thinking is that if VK had been some random blonde trying to make training camp she would have probably made semis but not passed though to finals. And if she did make finals, no way would they have picked her for training camp. Just my opinion. We never saw her audition interview. Makes me wonder how that went 'cause gurl couldn’t answer a question when a microphone was in front of her. 

• Love 22
28 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

All I keep thinking is that if VK had been some random blonde trying to make training camp she would have probably made semis but not passed though to finals. And if she did make finals, no way would they have picked her for training camp. Just my opinion. We never saw her audition interview. Makes me wonder how that went 'cause gurl couldn’t answer a question when a microphone was in front of her. 

She probably had no words.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

You're not the only one who thinks this. A lot of other people have as well, including me.  I've been saying it throughout Training Camp.  If she'd been anyone else, she would have made semis, but her figure and her traveling when dancing would have kept her out of Finals.  If, by some miracle, she made Finals, her name would have been crossed off the list of potential candidates the moment she fell out of that double turn.  Difficult to do in shoes on turf or not, other girls didn't seem to have trouble, or at least not as much, with the turn.  I'm glad I've never had to deal with favoritism or nepotism because I would have told them to stop that right fast, not only because it isn't fair, but because I want to know that I earned something because of the work that I did and the effort I put in, not because I was someone's pet or favoritism/nepotism.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 11
On 10/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, hannahbanana said:

We've seen so much of VK in all of the other episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in 75% (at least) of the next episode in the form of flashbacks, what could have beens, & "I'm so sad I didn't make it this year, but I'm already preparing for next year" talking heads. ???

If VK tries out again  next season which I’m sure she will, and it becomes “The Victoria Show” again, I will be done with this show. I wants to see all the candidates and not just one. She seemed to be in every episode with a lot of camera on her and it’s ridiculous and boring. One of the last cuts next week, I didn’t even know who she was. 

• Love 12

If VK keeps dancing at the DCC level with stunts, and jump splits, etc. at her added weight she's almost sure to blow out a knee or other injury.      The added stress of pressure on joints is going to eventually catch up to her, and that's sad at her age.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

What happens with groups when cuts are made?  Do they have to move people around to make sure each group has 9 during the regular season?

Eventually the groups get redistributed prior to the first game.

• Love 2

any body know if Tina made it the 1st time she tried out ?  Did she retire on her own or was she cut during the re-tryout process ?

Edited by sATL

Random thoughts after watching the last few seasons...

Social pages bc I think I’ve read it here several times, does anyone else find it sad that former cheerleaders coattail and still use their old uniform photos as profile pics on social media to gain followers or self gain? Or better yet post their old photos every game day lol. Pretty pitiful. I admire the ones who have made a life for themselves outside of that image. 

I find it sad that Shelly has devoted her entire adult life to the DCC organization and her daughter who is technically trained & born into the DCC life wasn’t given a chance the first or second try. It would have been hard for me to not walk out on my position if I had a daughter put through public humiliation after years of service and loyalty. Proud to know she isn’t going back to try again because they have known her forever and know her capabilities, find it to be cold and heartless to not let her have the honor of wearing the uniform. It’s one thing if she didn’t have the training or the look but she is well qualified. Dayton’s also setting a great example to others whose dreams have fallen short that they can be reached in other areas of professional dance. That it should never be DCC or bust when you’ve invested that much into dance. Think about all of the strugglers who have been given a chance over the years though? I think we can all think of several who make it each year who have no real investment into the organization or the total package. 

I do believe the pressures of reality TV let VK fall in the cracks, the pressure was too great to take her with the edits showing weaknesses in that high pressured environment. Also the pressures of cutting the employee’s daughter, it wouldn’t have looked good to take the BF’s daughter. Hence the anxiety K was facing that showed through this season. How is it fair though to take the ones from other states or who are skating by for the fame and self gain, she at least probably thinks DCC is the ultimate prize? 

Other legacies, Meredith O who was featured this week’s mother is one of J’s best friends (kids all grew up at the same dance studio) and she didn’t make it past finals her 1st try but made it when she tried again a couple years later. Her sister never tried out, not sure why. I thought Dayton’s journey would look a lot like Meredith’s- didn’t make it past finals, then goes on to make it and become a leader. Again, good for her for not idolizing DCC and seeing the organization in her rear view mirror. 

It seems like over the years, there’s been a lot of ladies who have invested their childhoods of dance training to have a chance at becoming a DCC, the whole era of Jr DCC’s come to mind (not the peewee rec league like they are today the ones who have been discussed about in this forum who were chosen from camps) and formers cheerleaders daughters, or those who were just born Cowboys fans. Aside from that the newer craze of “I’ve dreamed of this all of my life” are the ones who started watching when the reality show came out, not near the emotional or time investment into the program as the candidate pool who fit the mold above. 

The years of the show all goes to show there isn’t a cookie cutter DCC... I’ve heard them say she might be too tall or girls legs are too short for boots but they’ve had short girls on the team at least one a season, girls stay on with weight issues with no consequence, ect..There’s been girl (s) with a criminal background (DWI) a little criminal background check showed it who made it within the last several years and others cut for sketchy social media pages or crooked pasts. Scratched my head at some every year they put in uniform and am floored by the ones that they’ve passed up in earlier rounds. It’s baffling! When someone figures out the system, let the forum know. 

It’s not what you know but who you know is no longer a good excuse, obviously. I do think the trend to become a DCC is fading with the newer generations, auditions show this to be true from over a 1000 in 90’s early 2000’s to a little over 100 now. Women are becoming more empowered and don’t want to waste their time working for beans to be ridiculed and slung through the ringer on their hair, weight, body shape, height, beauty and talent. It is starting to appear demeaning, maybe it always has been just more talking now with forums like this. Kitty is one of the worst offenders and doesn’t represent the whole DCC wholesome ambassador image very well. It’s just who she is is a poor excuse to treat other human beings like she does, it’s not admirable or funny. Her hostility doesn’t sit well with me at all and doesn’t line up at all with what they preach the DCC represent.  

Looks like some walk the glamour road during their tenure without being on the radar and others are cut down immensely (looked like Tara fell on that end this season :( hopefully she goes on to bigger and better opportunities). At the end of the day, props to the girls who are mentally tough enough to endure the grueling process. The directors definitely don’t have an easy job selecting a field of 36. 

13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree with this. Reality TV is not reality. Blame everything on CMT. They looked at VK and thought "ratings gold." They probably thought she was extremely likable and will provide at least 2 seasons of interest. Look on her Instagram and she is getting so many "I love you!" and "you are the greatest dancer" comments.

The problem is that we’ve seen the show for years and we’ve seen the standards that Kelli claims to have every year. It wasn’t hard to compare this season to what we’ve learned over 10 years and not see the stark contrast in treatment of Victoria (and even Malena)  to other girls.

We’ve never seen anyone ignore staff in any manner (although Kindall i guess got it for not wanting to work with Melissa.) We’ve never seen a vet cut at training camp for no blatantly obvious reason. We know something is wrong here.

The other problem is that if the show isn’t telling a believable story, the audience can figure it out. It’s been obvious how everyone criticizes Victoria and Melina, so you can’t expect the audience to not grasp that the story is not coherent when suddenly Tara, who the week before looked great at cameos,  is cut. The very choppy editing just reinforces the audience not believing what is being shown.

The third problem is that if you want the audience to have a different impression, then you need to tell that story. You can’t put out a show and then criticize the audience from making judgement on what was shown. If there is more to the story, show that, instead of getting mad that people aren’t buying what you’re selling.

I also think that Kelli was 100% behind focusing on Victoria as the star of the show. I don’t think she cared at all about telling the stories of the other girls on the team - rookies or vet. She had the Dayton and Victoria drama and that was the storyline she wanted shown.  She wanted the “beautiful storm” and the girl who fell out of her turns, over the strong objections of the other judges. She’s been behind the Victoria story the whole way

Edited by rose711
Added last sentences about Kelli
  • Love 15

I honestly think they knew malena and VK (maybe more VK) weren’t going to make it this year, but wanted to expose them to as much of the process and requirements as possible so they’d really have a leg up next year. I love malena’s sparkle. She has the “it” factor for me. I feel the worst for lily to be honest. How would it be to be called in on the LAST DAY OF TRAINING CAMP without any prior office visits and get cut?! Sucker. Punch. City. It’s like that one gal they called in on the last day years ago and cut her for her legs being too short. Ummm... you only just now realized this?? Something this poor girl literally can’t change? It took three months before coming to this conclusion? Unless she didn’t bring her legs to camp prior, in which case fair enough. I think those last two cuts are always the most painful. (Tara excluded, because oh my heart.)

I also feel bad for Judy this season. Her wings were clipped. Tough situation to be in. 

Lastly, I do really wish we’d gotten to see a greater variety of training camp candidates. This season, more than others, really felt like: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders; The Cutting from the Team. I’d love to see more of the positive reinforcement and growth stories along with the drama of the cuts. Just felt heavy this year. Maybe because it was so personal for Judy and Kelly but still. 

On 10/19/2018 at 11:11 PM, FLAfan said:

Did anyone notice how Judy didn’t even respond to Kelli’s comments in this episode?

Kelli would turn and make comments while looking at Judy and Judy wouldn’t look

back at her or really respond back.

Yes! 100% noticed this! Made me sad Warching the rift between these two. 

• Love 8

I always thought the opposite like the girls who just aren't ready but they def want, usu due to weight, like Melissa, JennK, Meredith, etc. or Nicole Hamilton needing more dance, they hide and don't even mention for that first year, then they come back and we're wowed bc we've never seen them before. 

That's just my thoughts though. 

• Love 2

If they knew Malena wouldn’t make it or even if they strongly suspected she couldn’t get to where she needed by the end of training camp, then they should have told her not to quit her job that she loved. 

Keeping Malena and letting her give up her job for this training camp was one of Kelli’s worst management decisions.

Kelli has a responsibility to these girls as people not just as DCC wannabes. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, PBSLover said:

A great shot if you can dance and fit the criteria of what they are looking for? How many people has Kitty recommended to K&J that never make the team? Just because they don’t know you prior to prelims doesn’t mean a thing. This is what I have gotten from the show after watching for all these years. Kelli, who is currently on the squad started trying out in Season 3. Kitty recommended her over and over. K&J never picked her for training camp. I know Kelsi Reich was recruited and didn’t have to appear at prelims but that seems to be one of the few cases. Holly (redhead) was unknown to them from what I can remember. Same with Madeline Massingill. All the dancers from other teams out of state, etc.

I remember reading somewhere that Sydney was recruited and got to go straight to semifinals. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

In other news. MEGAMILLIONS is now up to 1.6BILLION. gives your thumbs a break from blabbering about VK and go buy some tickets...

Odds of us all continuing to babble about VK on a site dedicated to babbling: 100 percent

odds if winning the mega millions: 1 in 302 million

thanks for the advice though ;) 

• Love 10