Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I’m just going to say it, I never liked Tara, she’s just as plain and boring as Jessika and Christina so I don’t understand the tears for her cut! All I could think was, Bye Felicia! 

So so glad they didn’t cut Brennan at the last hour, she’s not the best but she def wouldn’t have deserved that.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Eh, I'm going to be the hard hearted bitch tonight. VK's been called in multiple times. She botched the turns in auditions, refused help from a staff member, ate her way to a 15 pound weight gain, and seemed as mature as a toddler most of the time. One mascara streaked exit that looked heavily edited isn't making me sad she's gone. I'm annoyed she wasn't cut sooner, she sucked up a ton of camera time this season that would have been better spent on the rookies that actually made the team.

It was very heavily edited - per the pics above, one minute she is drowning in her own mascara, the next its gone -- unless I missed the part where they handed her a tissue.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

did a quick search on Meredith and this page turned up.  Not sure what to think about her maternity pictures on the floor wearing nothing but the U.S. flag.

I absolutely loved her saying she is proud to be an American and proud of our flag.

As for VK. Why do some of these girls wear so much makeup?? Put aside it not being waterproof, but nobody that young and pretty needs all of that. Look at how many of the other girls look pretty yet natural. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I ate the cake. 

I wondered where the rest of it went.  

9 hours ago, go4luca said:

VK Cut.jpg

I am not believing that for one red hot second - the sticker situation proves otherwise as does the rumors that pretty much everyone was celebrating after her cut - not to mention how she treated Jinelle who is still part of the organization.

• Love 8

I noticed that Meredith's flag photos were taken by former TCC Ashley Kelly. Yep, the one whose dog ran away the night before her first time trying out. I remember her taking Meredith's "jump split clinic" so I guess they've stayed friends over the years. I remarked to my husband that being transferred from Buenos Aires to Bogota did not sound good.

I had some sympathy for the editors when it came to VK's mascara nightmare. It just took on a life of its own.

As I was watching VK's cut (and wishing I had some cake), I was wondering if she truly knew it was coming. Some here have said that VK was told she was guaranteed a spot on the team no matter what. So was she sailing along thinking she had it in the bag, even when she walked into the office that night? Or did someone take her aside and say "Look, Victoria, your deal is done. Too much happened to overcome. Be ready to get cut." ? I can't honestly tell because of the editing and the weird way Kelli was talking as if she was passing a kidney stone because it was so painful to cut her BFF's daughter.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Judy has made it clear that KaShara has a lot of power and projection when she dances. So has Kelli. Kash is just overall fun to watch, and her personality is cute.  I'm not sure what the original formation was, but once they had to reblock it, I'm sure it was easy for them to choose her.

I get that, but I was referring to whether Kashara standing up and taking over leadership responsibilities from Erica was relevant in getting point.

• Love 1

Meredith's husband worked for the State Department when they got married, and the spouse of foreign service personnel assigned to embassies are unpaid, but expected to fully participate in all kinds of formal, and social events.     She looked very happy, and she seemed like the type of person who will enjoy all of the foreign travel, and public obligations, and I think DCC was a great training ground for the Foreign Service life.   Also, to get diplomatic immunity for the employee, spouse and children, everyone in the embassy will be classed a diplomat.   And a public title doesn't always explain everything a person does in the embassy.

Unless there was a lot more to the VK cut that wasn't shown, she will go about her life thinking she's a shoe-in for the DCC next year, and it will all start over again.   My guess is she'll lose a few pounds, and show up just like this year, soft, and gain again.    I'm afraid she'll end up like her mother fighting her weight all of her life.      She needs to work on her technical dance also, because that free wheeling, getting in other's space is wrong, and dangerous.     I don't know that I'll even watch next week, but I'm sure if VK comes back next year, and is treated like the TCC star she thinks she is, I'm out.       

And if Judy thinks the couch potatoes in the audience don't have an opinion, then I guess she doesn't care if we watch either.   She might remember who watches her show, and help pay her salary.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Judy is getting feisty ?

CollageMaker_20181019_010053970.jpg

Love this...the editing is so bad that we really can’t hear or see what is going on but they seem to get peeved when we have our opinions by what we are “allowed” to witness. 

I am not sure why a couch is always brought up (lol) when they get a little mad, and we don’t go along with what we are seeing!  We do “hear” a lot on this page. Lol

I will take that challenge and help make decisions on cuts & who makes the team next year.  My decisions would not be biased.  I can fly in for auditions & be an assistant all summer, Texas heat and all.  You could throw in a few salon visits with Marshall to tame my hair in that “dry” heat.  Also, a web cam will do & I’ll send in my notes & stickers! I am not sure about early morning meetings though. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’m just going to say it, I never liked Tara, she’s just as plain and boring as Jessika and Christina so I don’t understand the tears for her cut! All I could think was, Bye Felicia! 

So so glad they didn’t cut Brennan at the last hour, she’s not the best but she def wouldn’t have deserved that.

I don’t think Tara deserved to be cut. If they brought her back as a vet, she has earned some respect, like Kitty asked for Victoria.

Even then it would be ok if we really understood what was wrong. She lost confidence and was in her head, shouldn’t her coaches be building her up and helping her after they decided to bring her back?

The only other vets we have seen cut in training camp were very obvious cuts. Hannah, Chelsea and the girl who was so out of it she didn’t even make it to practice.

She was clearly well liked and I thought she was pretty.  

I’m still confused why she was cut before some others that seem worse. 

I wouldn’t miss Christina though.

1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

I wondered where the rest of it went.  

I am not believing that for one red hot second - the sticker situation proves otherwise as does the rumors that pretty much everyone was celebrating after her cut - not to mention how she treated Jinelle who is still part of the organization.

I took that to mean that vets shouldn’t be blamed for Victoria’s cut. Judy pretty much has to defend the vets in this situation if she hopes to keepteam morale up at all.

I do agree that the vets were probably like us in wondering why she was still there and how they were going to deal with her all season.

54 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I noticed that Meredith's flag photos were taken by former TCC Ashley Kelly. Yep, the one whose dog ran away the night before her first time trying out. I remember her taking Meredith's "jump split clinic" so I guess they've stayed friends over the years. I remarked to my husband that being transferred from Buenos Aires to Bogota did not sound good.

I had some sympathy for the editors when it came to VK's mascara nightmare. It just took on a life of its own.

As I was watching VK's cut (and wishing I had some cake), I was wondering if she truly knew it was coming. Some here have said that VK was told she was guaranteed a spot on the team no matter what. So was she sailing along thinking she had it in the bag, even when she walked into the office that night? Or did someone take her aside and say "Look, Victoria, your deal is done. Too much happened to overcome. Be ready to get cut." ? I can't honestly tell because of the editing and the weird way Kelli was talking as if she was passing a kidney stone because it was so painful to cut her BFF's daughter.

I don’t think Victoria ever thought she would be cut. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 7
On 10/17/2018 at 8:41 PM, Kate2006 said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I Shazamed it the other night because I liked it too. It's Sax by Fleur East. I've never heard of them

You're absolutely right !!!  It's on my Spotify Playlist now!!  

Thanks so much!!! 

• Love 2

I have to say VK and her big issues sure gave a lot of fodder to chew on this season.  She was so off putting that she’s going to have to come back looking like Abigail Kline and dancing like Melissa Wallace to win me over.   Good luck to her.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Completely unprofessional. I normally love Judy, but this is...beyond her. 

And frankly, don't agree to have a TV show if you can't take the heat.

I honestly think they see the show as more of a promotional thing than a pure reality show, and the audience as “fans” rather than “viewers.” It’s like they fully expect people to buy everything they’re selling and get annoyed when people don’t. Newsflash.....people aren’t dumb. We have eyes and ears and can sense when something doesn’t add up.

I don’t have an issue with Judy saying that there’s more that goes on that the viewers don’t see. That’s certainly true, but the “sitting on your couch” comment is childish  and kind of a “cut off your nose to spite your face” comment. People on the couch who the DCCs CHOOSE to air the show for can easily sit in their couch and use that remote to change the channel and watch something else. If enough people do so, their CMT gravy train can come to an end.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

I did a quick search on Meredith and this page turned up.  Not sure what to think about her maternity pictures on the floor wearing nothing but the U.S. flag.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.625900357433792&type=1&l=95e1fc4c83

1097195_625904510766710_1248560600_o.thumb.jpg.66062a0e6d40261f8469a7cff4404ceb.jpg

I can't even. This picture is offensive on so many levels. Rolling around on the floor with your legs up in the air like a friggin toddler? Draping your naked body in our flag? Letting the flag drag on the floor? Disgusting.

• Love 10

I like that Judy has some bite. Where was it during the entire season???  

And as a viewer, I get it, we don't see everything, but at least edit the show so that we understand your reasons for the decisions you are making.  Because of the edit, VK would not have made it to training camp. She was fluffy and fell out of her turn. These reasons alone have kept others from camp. Show some consistency. 

As for Tara, I saw a vet that looked emotionally exhausted and probably needed some help and not another kick from her bosses.  She has proven that she can do the job, help her find her mojo.

I liked Kash's "Sassy Sassy." 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

Cuts-S13E12.jpg

Weird that Kelli calls Tara a veteran and former team member.  Veteran and prior year team member are the same thing. The was Kelli worded it, it sounds like Tara was a former team member who is/was in the military."

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Tara truly seemed blindsided by her cut. I hope whatever she chooses to do next brings her much happiness.

I know I feel differently from many here (besides really liking Christina, lol) about V.K.  I think she handled her cut in a very mature way. The "I love you more" to Judy was very sweet. Much of the blame for any spoiled behaviors rests on the adults who have been around her and have sheltered her from corrections and harsh realities. She learned tonight that there are no guarantees in life and I saw she made no excuses and in fact tried to lessen the pain of Kelly and Judy. I know now that VK has a kind heart. If/when she tries out again and has internalized that discipline and hard work is the way to obtain your dreams, I will be cheering for her.

On a final note, I'm a bit ticked off at CMT for suddenly giving Brennan a bad edit just to make viewers wonder if she in fact will be the one cut. There is enough drama for viewers (and especially for those of us on this board) without that nonsense. 

Re: VK - that was the shocker for me and quite a sobering moment.

Re:  Brennan - just stop CMT.  Stop with all the trying to stir up drama.  

4 hours ago, JENIPENNY said:

Not sure how I feel about seeing OUR FLAG on the ground; it should never touch the ground. The concept of the picture (nude pregnant woman draped under cloth) isn’t off-putting; it’s oft repeated especially in classical art and can be quite tasteful and beautiful.  Seeing the Stars and Stripes on that cloth WHILE it is on the floor is a real game changer though.  That’s just my two cents having served 20+ years in the military.

Do I think Meredith needs to be thrown in the clink or bring the outrage machine to life over it? Naw, absolutely not...but maybe a gentle reminder is in store especially since these talented women often participate in morale and welfare events at military installations.

That is exactly why I shared the pic & link. After viewing her segment last night, I was kind of gobsmacked to see her in several photos draped with the flag on the ground.  For all I know the link will end up being removed if word gets to Meredith this was shared.

I also don't think she needs to be thrown in the clink but it does illustrate just how highly visible these women are.  

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Fiesty isn't the word I would use.  Bichy is more like it -- sorry -- they have been following social media the entire training camp and had to know that their judgment was VK was being discussed -- it doesn't take more than 15 minutes of observing weight gain, mistakes, and toxic behavior to realize that someone should have been cut long before now. 

No to mention, we really didn't even get 15 mins of watching them, but we sure got a LOT of Victoria sucking up all the camera time! Actual dance time was less than 1/2 of what we have seen in earlier seasons!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Completely unprofessional. I normally love Judy, but this is...beyond her. 

And frankly, don't agree to have a TV show if you can't take the heat.

Since she didn't say sh** for 10 episodes this season, that statement is rude and peckish! This whole season sure has shown a different side of these two! Just when I was getting ready to say really nice things about her, I read this!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Love this...the editing is so bad that we really can’t hear or see what is going on but they seem to get peeved when we have our opinions by what we are “allowed” to witness. 

I am not sure why a couch is always brought up (lol) when they get a little mad, and we don’t go along with what we are seeing!  We do “hear” a lot on this page. Lol

I will take that challenge and help make decisions on cuts & who makes the team next year.  My decisions would not be biased.  I can fly in for auditions & be an assistant all summer, Texas heat and all.  You could throw in a few salon visits with Marshall to tame my hair in that “dry” heat.  Also, a web cam will do & I’ll send in my notes & stickers! I am not sure about early morning meetings though. 

hahaha count me in too!!! Let's cater some meals from My Fit Foods while we're in town!

Edited by Retired Dancer
highlight specific quote
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t have an issue with Judy saying that there’s more that goes on that the viewers don’t see. That’s certainly true, but the “sitting on your couch” comment is childish  and kind of a “cut off your nose to spite your face” comment. People on the couch who the DCCs CHOOSE to air the show for can easily sit in their couch and use that remote to change the channel and watch something else. If enough people do so, their CMT gravy train can come to an end.

Yeah, throwing shade at the show's fans (essentially accusing us of being losers FOR WATCHING YOUR DANG SHOW as opposed to what...trying out for professional cheer squads ourselves?) is not cute. I wouldn't have expected such a reaction from Judy this late in the game. That defensiveness should have been worked out in the first couple of seasons of the show. Benefit of the doubt, she's just really stressed and hates team decisions being put under a public microscope like this. But that is not the watchers' fault. That's all on Kelli and CMT.

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

All I have to say is "GO JUDY"! 

Same here!  K&J still have to get a job done and they are having to work around what CMT decides to creatively edit.  Their job is to pay attention to viewers reactions, feed those flames, omit to create speculation, and K&J's job is to work around them.  K&J know these girls, and cutting someone you know is hard enough, but then to read thousands of faceless comments tearing these girls down would make the best of us go all momma bear.  You defend what and who you care about.

As far as VK, Kitty said she had been in the program for years.  I use to hire and fire in my job, and if someone had worked for me for years and they had a good work ethic, I definitely gave them more opportunity to prove/disprove themselves compared to an outsider.  When it comes to nepotism, you still have to make sure they're qualified, but rest assured, those candidates always get the most outside criticism even when they can run circles around everyone else.   VK has plenty of time to grow as a dancer and in maturity.   They gave her the opportunity, they observed, they didn't provide stickers where stickers weren't deserved, and CMT gave us what they wanted us to see and hear.

Edited by PeachGal
Grammar
  • Love 3

I think Judy is well aware of what could have been done differently in TC, and is being defensive about it.  Or she could be frustrated with Kelli and takes it out on everyone else, including the viewers.  However, I've never appreciated the whole you guys don't see what goes on behind the camera.  Are you saying that you are editing the show to give us a false impression?  Cause I assume that what I see on the show is just a small part of what is really happening - Malena isn't getting the dances, Tara is struggling, VK is annoying, etc.

I don't believe VK's kindness in the office.  I think there was an awareness of cameras in the room.

Malena reminds me of Auto Amy - too much desperation, moves to another state - quits good job to follow the dream she's had her whole life.  Cries a lot.  Thinks of the dances when she falls asleep, when she wakes up.  I was watching the bonus clip with the choreographer and it was quite obvious she should have been cut weeks ago.  She said it was just bumper cars cause they were running into each other, and I'm thinking - no, you're the one running into the others.

And I think is was very sweet of the vets to take Tara to IHOP after 7-8 hours of practice, and early mornings for a lot of them.  

Tasha was saying on the podcast that when you start TC, practice is a Mon - Fri thing, and then it goes to the weekends as well.  On a CMT night, something that might take 10 minutes ends up taking 45 minutes instead.  So when they said it looked like Brennan was losing steam or was possibly sick, I'm thinking - and whose fault is that.  And with taking so long to finalize the team, everything got so rushed at the end what with Meet the Team and the first game.  Charlotte should just give Kelli a deadline and remind her, you get 36 girls and that's it.  Or give her a criteria list - it's week 4, who can do this and who can't?  Start cutting.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, PeachGal said:

Same here!  K&J still have to get a job done and they are having to work around what CMT decides to creatively edit.  Their job is to pay attention to viewers reactions, feed those flames, omit to create speculation, and K&J's job is to work around them.  K&J know these girls, and cutting someone you know is hard enough, but then to read thousands of faceless comments tearing these girls down would make the best of us go all momma bear.  You defend what and who you care about.

As far as VK, Kitty said she had been in the program for years.  I use to hire and fire in my job, and if someone had worked for me for years and they had a good work ethic, I definitely gave them more opportunity to prove/disprove themselves compared to an outsider.  When it comes to nepotism, you still have to make sure they're qualified, but rest assured, those candidates always get the most outside criticism even when they can run circles around everyone else.   VK has plenty of time to grow as a dancer and in maturity.   They gave her the opportunity, they observed, they didn't provide stickers where stickers weren't deserved, and CMT gave us what they wanted us to see and hear.

Edited by jlc
12 hours ago, Hayleys Comet said:

Besides the mediocre physical and dancing aspect of both girls, what is really glaring is that neither Victoria nor Dayton were mentally, emotionally or mature enough to be DCC this year.  Both were so immature for their ages, there was no way they could be a part of this squad.  It was hard to watch them speak and perform. Victoria, very sluggish and heavy looking.  Dayton danced as if she was apologizing with every move.  Then listening to them speak.  Victoria, always making excuses, and perhaps lying, and Dayton speaking like a mouse.  I’m certain they both can gain dance skills in the future, but I wonder if they will ever be mature enough to make this team. 

I would call a lot of VK's behaviour immature (i.e., some of her comments, flopping around, etc.), but not Dayton's. I don't call dancing timidly or speaking softly immature. Shy and overly nervous, maybe, but not immature. I think if Dayton had been given more time & made the team she would have flown under the radar and been fine. Not the best DCC, but not the worst either. Victoria, I think, would have been too unpredictable. Fine some days, but a hot mess others.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

?? ? You took the words right out of my brain.

I like Judy. Both her and Kelli. I really do. And I get that she was probably feeling attacked and frustrated. I probably wouldn’t feel much differently than she does in her place. Especially after an emotionally taxing night.

Yeah, agreed. I don’t think Judy has any negative feelings for the viewers and was just frustrated, but this goes back to the whole “did you think about that before you said it?” advice. It’s just as relevant to social media as anything else. Lord knows there are times when I’m frustrated bc my clients think they know how to run a case and form a legal strategy better than the legal team that they hired, but you have to be professional. If you don’t want to have to defend the choices made on the show, then don’t have a show or don’t have a Q&A on social media....or if it’s getting repetitive, very easy to just say “ok, enough for tonight, see you next week.” 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Marshall brings so much to this show.  I will forever laugh over "Gapmouth".  :D

Marshall has been one of the saving graces for the show this season!!! :) 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Law Mom said:

t appears that the claims from so-called insiders that Tara was cut for weight and Victoria was cut for lying were dead wrong.

Just because it wasn’t shown on the episode doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

• Love 13

I was very disappointed in the way Kelli addressed VK's cut. She told her she would make the team if they had more than 36 spots and I think that is BS that she was just spewing to make VK feel good. Did she not see the girls gut jiggling during the kickline? She can't go one the field like that and Kelli damn well knows that. YOU ARE NOT DOING HER A FAVOR BY CODDLING HER! She needs the brutal truth, or she will show up next year with the exact same problems

• Love 17

CMT has these on their IG Live.  I have these posted temporarily so the vids will eventually go poof in this post.

Who is speaking to VK in this scene?  The one saying she was meant to be a DCC.  I can't place who's voice that is.

Tara's "Tomorrow?" will forever kill me.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, go4luca said:

CMT has these on their IG Live.  I have these posted temporarily so the vids will eventually go poof in this post.

Who is speaking to VK in this scene?  The one saying she was meant to be a DCC.  I can't place who's voice that is.

Tara's "Tomorrow?" will forever kill me.

Kashara?

Whose head is that bopping up & down (&why???) in Tara's clip?

Edited by hannahbanana

So we don’t see Kelli calling the doctor to follow-up with regarding Victoria’s appointment, which Victoria stated she went to and doc says she stood him up. One wonders if Kelli ever discussed it with her when she found out. Then her weight, her inability to stay in her spot, her immaturity.  I believe Victoria knew the longer training camp went on that she might not make the team. We saw five office visits. I bet there were more. And the last few episodes were heavily edited. And lastly, there is no way that K&J didn’t know that Victoria was causing trouble in the locker room. Judy saying the vets were on her side. Okay, sure. Whatever. I am so not buying it. 

I kind of feel like a lot of people on this board. Not sure how much I am enjoying this show any longer.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 11

I'll probably get flamed for this but it was tough watching  VK's cut, although I think she lasted too long.  Her not wanting to go home and tell her mom says volumes about the pressure she was under from home to make the team. I really think a year from now when she makes the team (because we all know she will come back and make the team at some point), she will reflect that getting cut was the best thing that could have happened to her. It will teach her humility and empathy for future TCC's who are going through the process. I really think she will mature from that experience and learn that nepotism doesn't always work out in your favor. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

I really think she will mature from that experience and learn that nepotism doesn't always work out in your favor. 

Sorry, but I don't give her that much credit. She will come back expecting to make the team because Aunt Kelli told her there is a uniform for you and you will do great things (point, pro bowl, all star) on this team.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Judy is getting feisty ?

CollageMaker_20181019_010053970.jpg

Dang! Judy getting salty. I get it. People are obnoxious. But that's the nature of being on TV. You're going to get a million opinions.

• Love 2