Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Jenn K's choreo is fine and the classes she teaches seem to truly be useful - not just with their 'power and projection' but also with becoming more aware of how DCC are expected to act (mature, professional, etc.)  She seems to offer real encouragement and information that helps a lot of girls. 

THAT said, I think Jenn lets her own quirks define her decisions too often.  I don't want to say petty reasons because sometimes she DOES have valid critiques (like a low kick).  But her definition of 'pop' and even her rude judgment of Kashara based solely on her accent...I lose some respect for her and take her overall criticisms with a grain of salt. 

as for her weight, she DID just have a baby and was pregnant for a lot of the past year lol.  Normally I know she works hard to be in shape, she's never been ripped.   

Jennifer Amburn is dead to me after talking shit about Kash. ?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl said:

While I don’t want to celebrate as I don’t want to seem mean, it’s about time. They did VK no service by keeping her. I’m watching past episodes and girls got cut immediately after gaining a few pounds and yet VK stayed after gaining 10 pounds and we all know you can’t loose that much weight in a healthy way,  in the short  period of training camp. She also blew her media training with “ I have no words” over and over.  While I can only base my opinion on what has been edited for TV, it showed me that K had favoritism toward VK because any other girl would have been sent packing. Look at Dayton, she was cut for memorization and Melena had the same problem and she is still there. Why wasn’t Dayton given the chance? Again, I am basing this on what has been shown on TV. 

Dayton is that you? 

Just kidding...sorta...I love your name! 

54 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Holly P at point actually would’ve surprised me. I don’t know why actually lol. Its just a feeling. I actually wonder if Holly would’ve gotten point over Kashara, if she hadn’t been involved in the drama, and it had just been Jenna who was in trouble. I guess we’ll never know, but I think Kashara had the better position in the triangle in the first place. I should put the disclaimer though that while I think Holly is one of the most talented dancers they’ve ever had, I never thought she was a standout in DCC style. I prefer to watch Jenna, Kashara, and Erica in DCC choreo, so that may affect my opinion here.

I think Holly P would have gotten point over Kashara in a heartbeat. 

53 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Heather O's tenure has been kind of a disappointment to me. She hasn't achieved nearly as much as the other girls who were rookie of the year.

She pissed Kelli off---we don't know why---but she did and whatever it was, was enough to lose the chance of ever achieving much of anything. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

I just watched the preview for tonight’s episode featuring Jen K, and man she never ever manages to not sound like the worst. I will never ever get the love people had for her.

I am also convinced she has some sort of personal beef with Brennan lol. All of that crap out on the field to cut, and Brennan is who she goes for. Come on.

Never liked her. Ever. She always sounds condescending and a know-it-all.

4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

But her definition of 'pop' and even her rude judgment of Kashara based solely on her accent...I lose some respect for her and take her overall criticisms with a grain of salt. 

????? She criticized KaShara? I don’t remember that. But I believe it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Dara was 18 or 19 when she made the team.

Has any DCC besides KaShara come back for another season after being a PB cheerleader?  Didn't Brittany Evans  (3rd yr vet) retire after PB?

Brittney was PBC in her 3rd year, but came back for a 4th year.  I thought she was going to retire after 3 years, but I wondered if they asked to reconsider since they were losing a lot of vets.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think this will always be hard for the two of us to come to terms with since you dislike Kash so much LOL 

LOL, oh, have I told you that? :) :) :)  

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

we all assume Lacey is upset she's not point; it's absolutely possible she does not care. 

Every time I'm annoyed she's not point I wonder just that.  It's certainly very possible she's happy with her spot in the triangle.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I always wanted to go to Valley Ranch. I wonder if the organization still owns? I wonder what it will be next.

My husband and I went by to see it back in July on our DCC adventure. It was surrounded by a chain link fence and looked sad. It is smack dab in the middle of a nice residential neighborhood. If they have not done so already, I can see the Joneses making a hefty profit off selling the land to some real estate developer to build more high-end homes/condos. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Okay, so I just realized it.  Jenn K will take over for Kelli and Miss Kitty will take over for Judy!  Joking.?

Jenn K doesn't have the business background Kelli's job now requires. I'd like to see Shelly take over for Judy. 

To me, Jenn K is no different than Erica and I dislike both of them equally. 

• Love 10

Speaking for myself and not from experience as a dancer, I feel that pouring all that effort and an entire summer into training camp and then getting cut a week before the first game would be devastating.

i know it hurts any time to be cut, but I feel the longer they are in camp and bonding with everyone and working so hard every day, the more it hurts to get cut.

So I agree they don’t do anyone any favors by not cutting them when it’s been obvious for a while they aren’t going to make it.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

My husband and I went by to see it back in July on our DCC adventure. It was surrounded by a chain link fence and looked sad. It is smack dab in the middle of a nice residential neighborhood. If they have not done so already, I can see the Joneses making a hefty profit off selling the land to some real estate developer to build more high-end homes/condos. 

Valley Ranch got torn down today.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jenn K doesn't have the business background Kelli's job now requires. I'd like to see Shelly take over for Judy. 

To me, Jenn K is no different than Erica and I dislike both of them equally. 

I have learned so much more behind the scenes stuff about some of my favorite or former favorite DCC's in the past couple of years.  I would have thought Kellli would have been looking at the bigger picture, and not allowed some of the BS that went on.  There is so much to deal with and then you let the little crap affect it.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Too late to see it now...they are beginning to reduce it to rubble.  ?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have learned so much more behind the scenes stuff about some of my favorite or former favorite DCC's in the past couple of years.  I would have thought Kellli would have been looking at the bigger picture, and not allowed some of the BS that went on.  There is so much to deal with and then you let the little crap affect it.

What do you mean?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now see, I expect Marshall to be wearing one more than I would Charlotte:)

With all his kilts, I would think Marshall goes commando. ;o)

(waves @ Marshall just in case)

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL, oh, have I told you that? :) :) :)  

Every time I'm annoyed she's not point I wonder just that.  It's certainly very possible she's happy with her spot in the triangle.

Haha! You know I love ya!!! You are the Lacey to my kashara ... or something ?

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to the podcast, Meghan Trainor will audition DCC to get dancers for the Thanksgiving halftime.  Why can't the show run until the end of the season???  I would love to watch the auditions.

Does that mean MT will only take a few DCCs. Show group will not be dancing by default?

On 10/17/2018 at 3:31 PM, hannahbanana said:

Yea, I get it (although I think VK's pic was posted/dissected before Dayton's. Then they had to be compared. ?).

I don't know how far you read back, but everyone was POSITIVE she had made the team until @johngalt (now gone) came on here & revealed she had been cut. There was a lot of disbelief and doubt & took a bit for everyone to believe him.

There was also a lot of disbelief and doubt regarding Victoria since auditions, partly because very few wanted to believe that either Victoria or Kelli and company would do anything remotely resembling what we were told.  Then the show started and enough was shown to lend veracity to most of the rumors.  

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

It's on FB:

I can't immediately tell if Kelli is talking about Tara's cut or Victoria's cut in this clip, but I'm leaning towards Victoria, especially since she said, "I've come to the conclusion. . . everyone has. . . I just don't want to say it."  She's had no problems cutting vets in the past, even if everyone loves them (blonde Hannah) or she's worried about them (Kaitlyn LeGrande) plus there's been a lot more talk about Victoria with a few people saying "yes" but far more saying "no" (both with good reasons, in their minds, to support their opinions) so I don't think that particular phrase is about Tara.  Kelli's waffled SO much about talking to Victoria about things, everyone's commented on it.  Kelli's softened EVERY criticism she's given Victoria, she's tried to blame other people, she's given Victoria options and chances that no other girl's gotten.  By putting Victoria's cut into words, she's made it real in a way that she doesn't want to think about.  It seems Kelli WANTS more than anything to put Victoria on the team and is TRYING to come up with some way she can somehow manage to do it, but she KNOWS there's no way (as in a snowball's chance in the hottest furnace of Hades) she can possibly do it because no other rookie candidate other than Malena was an obvious standout for being cut at this point and she knows that, if she DOESN'T cut Victoria, there will be repercussions beyond what she/they have already experienced.  Kelli's been doing her absolute best to get Victoria across the finish line and onto the squad, but Victoria's self-sabotage isn't helping in any way.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6

Alright y'all...the countdown is on (at least for the East Coast). Less than 2 hours away---I got my wine, my cheese ball, homemade pico de gallo and I may or may not have grabbed a slice of cake for good measure. 

Let the games begin!

*Disclaimer: yes I am a horrible person, yes I'll probably be going to hell, after tonight's episode, I'll see myself to the Counting On Prayer Closet for good measure. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ain't this the truth.  I keep expecting to see a thread about what color thong is Charlotte wearing.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now see, I expect Marshall to be wearing one more than I would Charlotte:)

27 minutes ago, go4luca said:

With all his kilts, I would think Marshall goes commando. ;o)

(waves @ Marshall just in case)

If you look at Marshall's instagram, there's no guessing. He pretty much lets it all hang out. ?

• Love 4

I don’t want people to think jenn and kash were like the sharks and jets lol I think a better way to put it is like, jenn cares a lot about maintaining the legacy of DCC as world class, and she cares about it more than she might another DCC’s feelings. Does that make sense? I don’t want to start a rumor that jenn hated kash and tried to ruin her DCC career. It was more of, this girl doesn’t sound like a DCC, she sounds dumb, I sure wouldn’t put her on appearances. Which pisses me off because it’s so judgmental but then again, I wasn’t offended by kash’s remarks on game bird and clearly a lot of people were. LOL I just need to keep my mouth shut ? 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Alright y'all...the countdown is on (at least for the East Coast). Less than 2 hours away---I got my wine, my cheese ball, homemade pico de gallo and I may or may not have grabbed a slice of cake for good measure. 

Let the games begin!

*Disclaimer: yes I am a horrible person, yes I'll probably be going to hell, after tonight's episode, I'll see myself to the Counting On Prayer Closet for good measure. 

For those of us on the west coast who can't watch the show until tomorrow, please spill the tea!!!!!!!!!!  And don't forget to take a picture of yourself eating that cake!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe I will make a milkshake tomorrow:)

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don’t want people to think jenn and kash were like the sharks and jets lol I think a better way to put it is like, jenn cares a lot about maintaining the legacy of DCC as world class, and she cares about it more than she might another DCC’s feelings. Does that make sense? I don’t want to start a rumor that jenn hated kash and tried to ruin her DCC career. It was more of, this girl doesn’t sound like a DCC, she sounds dumb, I sure wouldn’t put her on appearances. Which pisses me off because it’s so judgmental but then again, I wasn’t offended by kash’s remarks on game bird and clearly a lot of people were. LOL I just need to keep my mouth shut ? 

No, it's still petty and judgmental.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Let the games begin!

I gave your a post a like because you make me laugh!  West Coaster looking forward to reading your commentary ahead of my viewing, lol.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Does that mean MT will only take a few DCCs. Show group will not be dancing by default?

Meghan is supposed to come the 2nd week of November to watch and audition dancers.  But they aren't sure of all the details as of yet.  Tess was like, well I think we will be dancing on some part of the stage......I think it will be up in the air until they get more details.  Meghan is supposed to bring backup dancers as well.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Then she better be ripping VK apart tonight if she cares about being world class and iconic. 

• Love 10
Just now, go4luca said:

PLEASE do not keep your mouth shut!  You add so much to this board and we already lost John Galt! 

Especially cause you play fair.  You have your favorites, but you respect other's faves.  Your comments aren't vicious mean or petty.  I've never had reason to doubt your info.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Then she better be ripping VK apart tonight if she cares about being world class and iconic. 

oh i'm pretty sure she was tough on VK in her prep classes and i don't doubt shared her concerns with Kelli and Judy.  Whether we will see that in editing, who knows. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I agree with @go4luca (and @scorpio1031) please do not stop posting or commenting or divulging. I love your posts. 

ETA: I LOVE the sharks and the jets reference!! I used it in a lecture the other day and I must not have done my audience analysis correctly because only about a quarter of the students (adult students...trainees for our job actually...so not children) got it. Most of the ones who didn’t get it were under 30 years of age. Again, me->??  

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Additional comment
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don’t want people to think jenn and kash were like the sharks and jets lol I think a better way to put it is like, jenn cares a lot about maintaining the legacy of DCC as world class, and she cares about it more than she might another DCC’s feelings. Does that make sense? I don’t want to start a rumor that jenn hated kash and tried to ruin her DCC career. It was more of, this girl doesn’t sound like a DCC, she sounds dumb, I sure wouldn’t put her on appearances. Which pisses me off because it’s so judgmental but then again, I wasn’t offended by kash’s remarks on game bird and clearly a lot of people were. LOL I just need to keep my mouth shut

Haha you're not getting away from us THAT easily. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

We all LOVE you Laurenbrook! I am sad you post less, although I completely understand and respect why. I also think it's sad you have to clarify so things won't be taken out of context and blown out of proportion. NOT that that EVER happens here!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I agree with @go4luca, please do not stop posting or commenting or divulging. I love your posts. 

aww...well, i just never ever want something i say to bloch someone's reputation or make people here write them off as terrible humans. i try not to share anything that i haven't heard from more than one or two different people but i know from my own life how more than one person's word doesn't make something fact.  no one is 100% terrible. 

• Love 14
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

aww...well, i just never ever want something i say to bloch someone's reputation or make people here write them off as terrible humans. i try not to share anything that i haven't heard from more than one or two different people but i know from my own life how more than one person's word doesn't make something fact.  no one is 100% terrible. 

Meet me for drinks. I will have you reversing this opinion in 15 minutes, ten if you let me drive you to the bar.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but Jenn is one of my favorites. Nothing compares to the pop that Holly Arielle had at point, but Jenn was really good. Plus she looks awesome pregnant.

Same. I've always loved her.

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm just curious...I understand why someone stepping up would get them promoted to GL, but I'm not sure why that would have helped her get point.  Any word on how, or am I just missing something obvious? :)

Judy has made it clear that KaShara has a lot of power and projection when she dances. So has Kelli. Kash is just overall fun to watch, and her personality is cute.  I'm not sure what the original formation was, but once they had to reblock it, I'm sure it was easy for them to choose her.

4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I can see Tasha as point. She's extremely photogenic.

Meh. I mean she is, but she isn't a "big" performer. Like, my eyes don't go to her to see her dance. As pretty as she is, she isn't a "wow" dancer to me. She's great, but I look at people like Kash or Jenna..or Mia.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to the podcast, Meghan Trainor will audition DCC to get dancers for the Thanksgiving halftime.  Why can't the show run until the end of the season???  I would love to watch the auditions.

...so screw Show Group, huh?

27 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

Meet me for drinks. I will have you reversing this opinion in 15 minutes, ten if you let me drive you to the bar.

LMAOOOO this was sooo close to something I was going to say!!! I could change her tone in a heartbeat! lololol

• Love 6

Podcast news - Shannon didn't ask the girls if they plan on coming back for next year.  He didn't ask who their besties were.  And Tess kept interrupting Tasha:/  And that Courtney gal is whiny and wants to make the show all about her.  I think if it was just Shannon and the gals it would flow better.  I also think that cause the show is a lead in to the MTT show, they really watch what they say so as to not spoil anything.  But that might be why Shannon doesn't ask great questions.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

...so screw Show Group, huh

49 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Meghan is supposed to come the 2nd week of November to watch and audition dancers.  But they aren't sure of all the details as of yet.  Tess was like, well I think we will be dancing on some part of the stage......I think it will be up in the air until they get more details.  Meghan is supposed to bring backup dancers as well.

Doesn't the whole squad usually dance during that halftime ?

• Love 1

Sorry to expound/expand on this topic, but I thought of something while on my run (hey, I don't run FAST, but I'm certainly not walkin' :P) Anyways, I remembered some were thinking that Kelli wanted more than 36 this year.  I could certainly agree with that, especially since she was keeping so many girls for so long and was refusing to make any cuts until the last moment.  Conspiracy theory-type thinking here: What if Kelli was doing her dangdest to convince Charlotte that a squad of 40 was the way to go?  She could use the arguments that there were so many talented girls this year, why not enlarge the squad and, if that wasn't enough, look at what happened last year with 8 girls gone by the time February rolls around AND the rumor that Keyra was likely to have been cut if they hadn't lost so many girls between Finals and the end of Football season.  Kelli was probably hoping for word of the approval for a larger squad (thus having an excuse to say that Victoria "earned" her spot on the squad), but was told that she couldn't have the larger squad she wanted.  Of the girls left, Victoria and Malena are the two obvious cuts and, though Kelli wanted to keep both, she had to cut one and there was no way Kelli couldn't explain keeping Victoria over everyone else as even Lily and Tara (as the two next "weakest" dancers) being miles ahead of her in just about everything.

Now going off to hide until after the show airs (and I hope they actually cut Victoria in this episode instead of dragging it to the very last one).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

does anyone know how old Dara or Melissa K were?  They were all very mature and seemed to take everything seriously.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Dara was 18 or 19 when she made the team.

According to this, "...although it can’t be verified, it’s almost a certainty that McFarlane is the youngest Cowboy cheerleader ever. Prospective cheerleaders must be 18 to try out for the DCC, and McFarlane turned 18 just five days before tryouts."

• Love 1