Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jenn K - "Is it this hard every sum-?"

Judy - "N0!!!"

Too many hands in the pot, too many opinions.  I'm surprised she hasn't brought in Phil, the gal who runs concessions, her neighbor and all the group leaders from previous seasons.  And if you are going to be bringing in people this close to the end, show them the ones on the bubble.  In this case, have Jenn K focus on them and only them.  If Brennan is not on the bubble, then don't worry about her.  And we all have the same opinion about how Kelli could make this easier on herself and on Judy.  

Meh. I think they have "so many" opinions because they want someone else to help make the decision for them. If someone else sees an issue they've been skirting around for the duration of TC, maybe that will give them more of a reason to let a girl go. idk

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

If someone else sees an issue they've been skirting around for the duration of TC, maybe that will give them more of a reason to let a girl go. idk

It also gives them someone else to blame for the cut.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I 100% agree with the first paragraph. As far as KaShara, what did she say about her accent? I completely missed that one.

Yeah, me too! What did she say, and when?

21 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

THAT said, I think Jenn lets her own quirks define her decisions too often.  I don't want to say petty reasons because sometimes she DOES have valid critiques (like a low kick).  But her definition of 'pop' and even her rude judgment of Kashara based solely on her accent...I lose some respect for her and take her overall criticisms with a grain of salt. 

as for her weight, she DID just have a baby and was pregnant for a lot of the past year lol.  Normally I know she works hard to be in shape, she's never been ripped.   

Wait, what?!  I've never been pro or con re: Jenn but if she threw shade at Kashara, then that changes things.  Spill it girl!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Wait, what?!  I've never been pro or con re: Jenn but if she threw shade at Kashara, then that changes things.  Spill it girl!

Before I draw the line through Jenn A's name. Do we have proof that she shaded Kashara? Don't mess with my KASH, bish.

15 minutes ago, jlc said:

Yeah, me too! What did she say, and when?

Before I draw the line through Jenn A's name. Do we have proof that she shaded Kashara? Don't mess with my KASH, bish

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Before I draw the line through Jenn A's name. Do we have proof that she shaded Kashara? Don't mess with my KASH, bish.

Before I draw the line through Jenn A's name. Do we have proof that she shaded Kashara? Don't mess with my KASH, bish

lol...I drew a line through Jenn's name when she first made the team....I never liked her...never will.  NAILS on a chalkboard is what her whiny, gritty voice is to me.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh goodness, this place will be hopping tonight. I'll just give my thoughts and slowly back away as I watch on iTunes and won't see it until tomorrow. This is all based on what we see in the show, not what I know to be true in real life, so...

For me, Victoria is a classic case of her qualifications making her "look good on paper." Tall, long legs. Long blonde hair. Big, bright smile. Exuberant personality. Dance training her entire life. A DCC legacy. A mother who not only raised her with seemingly no other goal in life but who is also the DCC Director's best friend. Whether not Kelli promised her a spot on the team or actually said something to the effect of " I don't see why you wouldnt make it," and Victoria interpreted that as a guarantee, I can almost see why Kelli considered her to be a shoe-in. At first. 

The problem is that when she was incorporated into the group and compared in real time next to these other dancers - next to the gracefulness of Lacey, the country-girl-next-door appeal of KaShara, the incredible beauty and maturity of Tasha and Rookie Rachel, the technique of Daphne and Hannah, the adorableness and professionalism of Bridget - her shortcomings are readily apparent. Her immaturity and lack of polish is obvious. Her exuberance is embarrassing. Her dance technique is unrefined. Her unprofessionalism - whether due to her over-familiarity with the powers that be, her age or her belief she wasn't a target for a cut - was frustrating. 

I actually think she is very pretty and photogenic (in her IG pictures, I've never seen her in the flesh though), but for some reason it does not transfer onto film/video.  She holds her head in a way that weakens her jaw line making her chin and jaw disappear into her neck - the obvious weight gain did not help her in that respect. I, like others, do not think she is fat/overweight at all...BUT...that uniform is like .0005 yards of fabric. 

What bothers me the most is what a number of others on here have said: the favoritism. That if this was any other TCC, Kelli would've cut her weeks ago (if she'd had made TC at all). But - all my own opinion- I think as TC progressed, Kelli started seeing what we are seeing and the thought of cutting Victoria - knowing that it was going to be inevitable and crush the girl - was probably stressing her the f out. Especially since she was Victoria's most vocal supporters besides Charlotte at tryouts.

No doubt Victoria will return for next year tryouts. And I think that at some point she will make the team, possibly just staying one year, to at least say that she was a DCC. BUT: She needs to return with humbleness and maturity. With self-awareness and polish. With the passion that, if this really means that much to her, she will take the advice and help given and not blow it off. I recall Shelly posting on here that she'd given V some dance corrections in the past - maybe something about foot placement from what I recall - but V didn't apply the correction consistently. She needs to take that criticism to heart and actually apply it as well as getting other dance instructors that will actually critique her. She needs to understand that in order to make the team, she may not get to have cake or milkshakes or pancakes or burgers and fries for a year. Stick with your workouts...eat clean...make good decisions. If that what it takes to achieve your dream, then DO IT. (This is my personal mantra right now...7 lbs to lose and I CANNOT stop eating the Halloween candy I bought to give out in 2 weeks ?). 

And I want the old KFine back next year! I miss her ?. She needs to view Victoria through her traditional ruthless DCC Director eyes, not the rose-colored Auntie Kelli glasses.  

And as always, if you've read this far, I would also like to see more Marshall next season. Ok, CMT? 

Well written, but you are giving VK too much credit. "Humbleness and maturity" is rare among teenagers.

• Love 5

And as always, if you've read this far, I would also like to see more Marshall next season. Ok, CMT? 

LOVE Marshall!!!!  I say give him a LOT of time next season!!

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Well written, but you are giving VK too much credit. "Humbleness and maturity" is rare among teenagers.

Haven’t there been other 18  or 19 year olds with more maturity? I’ve watched all the seasons and I’ve never seen anyone as unprofessional as she has been this season. Even Taylor wasn’t this bad all the time. 

• Love 7

I'm curious? Why hasn't Lacey been made point? I've only watched MTT season 11, 12, 13 and Kashara's appointment as point seemed out of nowhere. On a seniority exposure level, I thought Lacey was a shoo-in when Jenna got demoted.

1 minute ago, rose711 said:

Haven’t there been other 18  or 19 year olds with more maturity? I’ve watched all the seasons and I’ve never seen anyone as unprofessional as she has been this season. Even Taylor wasn’t this bad all the time. 

I meant in general.

I also feel like this year K, J, and C are making up for dissing Lacey.

BTW. I hate how the responses merge. UGH!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I Shazamed it the other night because I liked it too. It's Sax by Fleur East. I've never heard of them

Thank you! I am teaching a spin class tonight, and I just downloaded the song for my playlist. I get the best music for my group fitness classes from MTT. :-)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Think they will redo the DCC intro for the games next season - once Lacey retires, there will be no current DCC in the video.

Maybe, but not sure. I do know that they made the squad's old intro into their outro before or after Sydney retired.

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I 100% agree with the first paragraph. As far as KaShara, what did she say about her accent? I completely missed that one.

She better not say one dang thing about her accent! It will turn me into a hater real fast. I love KaShara’s accent!!!

• Love 7

Oh goodness, this place will be hopping tonight. I'll just give my thoughts and slowly back away as I watch on iTunes and won't see it until tomorrow. This is all based on what we see in the show, not what I know to be true in real life, so...

For me, Victoria is a classic case of her qualifications making her "look good on paper." Tall, long legs. Long blonde hair. Big, bright smile. Exuberant personality. Dance training her entire life. A DCC legacy. A mother who not only raised her with seemingly no other goal in life but who is also the DCC Director's best friend. Whether not Kelli promised her a spot on the team or actually said something to the effect of " I don't see why you wouldnt make it," and Victoria interpreted that as a guarantee, I can almost see why Kelli considered her to be a shoe-in. At first. 

The problem is that when she was incorporated into the group and compared in real time next to these other dancers - next to the gracefulness of Lacey, the country-girl-next-door appeal of KaShara, the incredible beauty and maturity of Tasha and Rookie Rachel, the technique of Daphne and Hannah, the adorableness and professionalism of Bridget - her shortcomings are readily apparent. Her immaturity and lack of polish is obvious. Her exuberance is embarrassing. Her dance technique is unrefined. Her unprofessionalism - whether due to her over-familiarity with the powers that be, her age or her belief she wasn't a target for a cut - was frustrating. 

I actually think she is very pretty and photogenic (in her IG pictures, I've never seen her in the flesh though), but for some reason it does not transfer onto film/video.  She holds her head in a way that weakens her jaw line making her chin and jaw disappear into her neck - the obvious weight gain did not help her in that respect. I, like others, do not think she is fat/overweight at all...BUT...that uniform is like .0005 yards of fabric. 

What bothers me the most is what a number of others on here have said: the favoritism. That if this was any other TCC, Kelli would've cut her weeks ago (if she'd had made TC at all). But - all my own opinion- I think as TC progressed, Kelli started seeing what we are seeing and the thought of cutting Victoria - knowing that it was going to be inevitable and crush the girl - was probably stressing her the f out. Especially since she was Victoria's most vocal supporters besides Charlotte at tryouts.

No doubt Victoria will return for next year tryouts. And I think that at some point she will make the team, possibly just staying one year, to at least say that she was a DCC. BUT: She needs to return with humbleness and maturity. With self-awareness and polish. With the passion that, if this really means that much to her, she will take the advice and help given and not blow it off. I recall Shelly posting on here that she'd given V some dance corrections in the past - maybe something about foot placement from what I recall - but V didn't apply the correction consistently. She needs to take that criticism to heart and actually apply it as well as getting other dance instructors that will actually critique her. She needs to understand that in order to make the team, she may not get to have cake or milkshakes or pancakes or burgers and fries for a year. Stick with your workouts...eat clean...make good decisions. If that what it takes to achieve your dream, then DO IT. (This is my personal mantra right now...7 lbs to lose and I CANNOT stop eating the Halloween candy I bought to give out in 2 weeks ?). 

And I want the old KFine back next year! I miss her ?. She needs to view Victoria through her traditional ruthless DCC Director eyes, not the rose-colored Auntie Kelli glasses.  

Well damn, there goes my need to do a first-ever post summing up why Victoria has been so frustrating this season because you freaking nailed it. Right on down to how in IG photos, she looks lovely, but on TV, her jaw line gets mushy. And the favoritism. And wanting the old Kelli back. Slow clap, friend.

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've never been pro or con re: Jenn but if she threw shade at Kashara, then that changes things. 

Changes things for me too...it just made me semi like her :)

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

So, I only found this forum around the same time Dayton got cut, and I never went back and read what the prior topics being talked about were...

Being completely unbiased by what insiders had previously said, just by watching the first episodes, I thought Dayton was a better fit than VK. I was surprised Dayton got cut. Just based on the first few episodes I would have thought Dayton was going to make the team and VK wasnt...I honestly cant figure out why Dayton was cut. She has the dance skills, she is smart, and she is beautiful. It still doesnt make sense to me...

We have similar stories. Prior to a few weeks ago, I had neither visited this forum nor even knew about this forum, even though I've watched MTT since Season 1. Dayton's cut was the singular event that caused me to "google" (yep, using "google" as a verb) for more information. I was so disturbed that Dayton was cut on the same night that Victoria was just talked to, when Victoria had gained 11 pounds. I had no idea who Dayton was, who Victoria was, who anyone's mother was, or anyone's connection to Kelli, other than what was shown on TV. I was simply shocked and disappointed to the extent that I went online to search for more information. So, this board did not influence my opinion, considering I did not even know the board existed at the time.

Of course, now I've found this board, and now I'm an addict. But, that's another story. :-)

• Love 15
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jenn K - "Is it this hard every sum-?"

Judy - "N0!!!"

I don’t remember who said it here first, but with hindsight being 20/20 I suspect K&J regret some of the cuts they made last year because in the end it bit them in the ass. Coupled with two DCC legacies with close, personal ties to the organization I can easily see why they’re struggling to make cuts that we (the armchair observers) see as obvious. There are to many hands in the pot because K&J are putting their faith in others rather than trusting their gut.

They are human and this is a subjective process. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, VintageJ said:

True.  I forgot about Tara.  And she did ask her about cutting a vet.

Yeah, my take was that it was Tara that got her upset. Or both Tara and VK. I don't think they wanted to cut Tara after watching that last office visit.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

I don’t remember who said it here first, but with hindsight being 20/20 I suspect K&J regret some of the cuts they made last year because in the end it bit them in the ass. Coupled with two DCC legacies with close, personal ties to the organization I can easily see why they’re struggling to make cuts that we (the armchair observers) see as obvious. There are to many hands in the pot because K&J are putting their faith in others rather than trusting their gut.

They are human and this is a subjective process. 

Next time I make a bad decision at my job I will just say "I am human, my choices are subjective." LOL!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

49 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

It's nothing crazy dramatic but I think it's STUPID - she hated Kash's accent so much that she didn't think she should be given any opportunities with speaking and was key in keeping her off show group. i get that a lot of people think her accent is 'too much' but judging people for the way they speak due to their culture ... I have little tolerance for that crap.  It says a lot more about people who are that judgmental than the ones they are judging.  

anyway. Takes a calming breath LOL 

This is what I heard from more than one person; even so, I always say take everything you hear with a grain of salt. 

Most importantly, Jenn seems to like her fine now.  Jenn was very supportive when Kash got PB and i know i've seen her post nice things about her before.  water under the bridge at this point.  

I don't hate Jenn at all.  I know I've stood up for her before.  I just don't know if I love the idea of her ever running the show unless she has another person to help provide a check and balance on some of her weird critiques. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

It's nothing crazy dramatic but I think it's STUPID - she hated Kash's accent so much that she didn't think she should be given any opportunities with speaking and was key in keeping her off show group. i get that a lot of people think her accent is 'too much' but judging people for the way they speak due to their culture ... I have little tolerance for that crap.  It says a lot more about people who are that judgmental than the ones they are judging.  

This is what I heard from more than one person; even so, I always say take everything you hear with a grain of salt. 

Most importantly, Jenn seems to like her fine now.  Jenn was very supportive when Kash got PB and i know i've seen her post nice things about her before.  water under the bridge at this point.  

I don't hate Jenn at all.  I know I've stood up for her before.  I just don't know if I love the idea of her ever running the show unless she has another person to help provide a check and balance on some of her weird critiques. 

It's the state of the world, girl!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm curious? Why hasn't Lacey been made point? I've only watched MTT season 11, 12, 13 and Kashara's appointment as point seemed out of nowhere. On a seniority exposure level, I thought Lacey was a shoo-in when Jenna got demoted.

I meant in general.

I also feel like this year K, J, and C are making up for dissing Lacey.

BTW. I hate how the responses merge. UGH!

I don't think they were dissing Lacey; they love Lacey.  Kash is more dynamic for point, the only criticisms I ever hear for Lacey are how soft she is. she's clean but she doesn't have the power and pop that Kashara does.  Kash stepped up a lot last year, particularly when she went from being a second leader to running Erica's group.  I think she just impressed them a lot.  My heart was so full when Judy praised her again this year saying Kash did a great job and she had no reason not to make her point again.

My money is on Lacey being pro bowl tho this year!  she deserves it for sure.  

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but Jenn is one of my favorites. Nothing compares to the pop that Holly Arielle had at point, but Jenn was really good. Plus she looks awesome pregnant.

Jenn is a go - getter; I admire that aspect of her SO much.  She is just one of those people who sets a goal and goes for it.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think they were dissing Lacey; they love Lacey.  Kash is more dynamic for point, the only criticisms I ever hear for Lacey are how soft she is. she's clean but she doesn't have the power and pop that Kashara does.  Kash stepped up a lot last year, particularly when she went from being a second leader to running Erica's group.  I think she just impressed them a lot.  My heart was so full when Judy praised her again this year saying Kash did a great job and she had no reason not to make her point again.

Agree on all fronts re: Kash.  I do hope Lacey gets PB.  She's earned it and would be a great DCC representative.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Jenn is a go - getter; I admire that aspect of her SO much.  She is just one of those people who sets a goal and goes for it.  

I agree.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I mean, I'm from Mississippi and I get it, but...It takes maybe three seconds of listening to Kash talk to realize she's no idiot. She's funny. And she plays that accent up to sound even funnier.

• Love 15

Kash stepped up a lot last year, particularly when she went from being a second leader to running Erica's group.

I'm just curious...I understand why someone stepping up would get them promoted to GL, but I'm not sure why that would have helped her get point.  Any word on how, or am I just missing something obvious? :)

Just now, ByTor said:

I'm just curious...I understand why someone stepping up would get them promoted to GL, but I'm not sure why that would have helped her get point.  Any word on how, or am I just missing something obvious? :)

i think it's just a mix of her taking ownership of leading and jumping in to fill in wherever needed.  Lacey is much more reserved and in the back ground.  That isn't a diss to her character at all - obviously she's wonderful since she's the GL for Group 1 and essentially team captain, correct? and we all assume Lacey is upset she's not point; it's absolutely possible she does not care. 

I think this will always be hard for the two of us to come to terms with since you dislike Kash so much LOL  

5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Agree on all fronts re: Kash.  I do hope Lacey gets PB.  She's earned it and would be a great DCC representative.

VOTY is the only honor I really am not sure who will get! that will be such an interesting one.  totally possible it's Lacey for that too. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

@LaurenBrook - What's your take on Heather O not getting GL this year? Is she even a 2nd GL?

Heather is not a GL in any capacity this year.  She's still a great person tho and ambassador.  She is completely fine having more free time this year lol 

I do think this is her last year though. 

• Love 5

As well liked as Lacey is (by me as well), I don’t think that there’s any indication that K&J have ever considered her for point. I don’t think they have even tested her there, and they’ve had opportunities to do so. 

Looking at the prior two years, Jenn K and then Jenna (pre-demotion) were the obvious choices for point just based off of their positions in the formation the prior year. After Jenna, Erica was probably next in line and then Holly. When all 3 had issues, I think they went with Kashara over Lacey due to pop. Going in to this year, I think the belief that they might demote Kashara was never a reality. Kashara is clearly one of Kelli’s favorites. Also, rightly or wrongly, moving Kashara back would’ve been perceived as a knock against her, and I don’t think wanted that, especially given how much discussion there was of point last year (which was on them of course - they focused on it a ton, too much IMO, on the show). 

• Love 4

Heather is not a GL in any capacity this year.  She's still a great person tho and ambassador.  She is completely fine having more free time this year lol 

I'm waiting to see what Tess and Tasha say on the podcast today about if this is their last year or not.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

? Right?! As a stepmom to teenage boys, I agree. I never knew I didn’t know SO much until I was told I didn’t (accompanied by an eye roll).

But I do think there have been other 18/19 yr old TCCs, who may have not been completely mature, but at least had an air of gravitas regarding TC. Abigail Klein comes to mind. Megan Sharpe too-wasn’t she 18 or 19 her rookie year? 

It just seems like Victorias mum and dad have sheltered their cherished only daughter to the point that it has led to some stunted maturation. No I don’t know her personally, but it’s a fairly easy assessment to make when one puts their business on social media and tv.  The IG pic on her 17th bday with the cake (was that taken by a professional photographer?) is a pretty good example. On my 17th bday, my high school boyfriend and I went to Arby’s cause our friend worked there and we got free food and then we went to see Pulp Fiction at the movie theater. It had just been released (jeez, I’m ??). 

Can Victoria, through a year of self-reflection, come back and impress us? I dunno. I really hope she can. I hate rooting for a girl to fail as she pursues her dreams. And generally I don’t like holding peoples past choices against them if they are really trying to change. Am I giving her too much credit? Maybe. Probably  

And yes, even if that dream is to dance around in tiny shorts and shake her ass. I wish I wouldn’t have been so insecure about my body at that age. I woulda shaken my ass all over!!!!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm waiting to see what Tess and Tasha say on the podcast today about if this is their last year or not.

I feel like Tess will do one more year; Tasha is 50/50 to me. I hope she does because of her maturity but I keep thinking she'll want another kid someday soon.  I could be totally wrong tho. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

How did Jenn K keep Kashara off show group?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

? Right?! As a stepmom to teenage boys, I agree. I never knew I didn’t know SO much until I was told I didn’t (accompanied by an eye roll).

But I do think there have been other 18/19 yr old TCCs, who may have not been completely mature, but at least had an air of gravitas regarding TC. Abigail Klein comes to mind. Megan Sharpe too-wasn’t she 18 or 19 her rookie year? 

On the These Boots podcast, Lacey said something about how starting at 18 allowed her to go longer cause she was so young.  Her body could handle it.  I'm sure that's why Sydney and Jenna were able to go 6 years.  I was reading something about Tasha and she spent 6 years total on NBA dance teams, and now she will have three years as a DCC - she started at 17-18.  But yes, Abigail, Meagan - does anyone know how old Dara or Melissa K were?  They were all very mature and seemed to take everything seriously.

I feel like Tess will do one more year; Tasha is 50/50 to me. I hope she does because of her maturity but I keep thinking she'll want another kid someday soon.  I could be totally wrong tho. 

I love Tasha!  I think that her maturity is what K&J appreciated with all the drama.  Here was a gal who, even though she was a second year vet, was helping as much as she could.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

On the These Boots podcast, Lacey said something about how starting at 18 allowed her to go longer cause she was so young.  Her body could handle it.  I'm sure that's why Sydney and Jenna were able to go 6 years.  I was reading something about Tasha and she spent 6 years total on NBA dance teams, and now she will have three years as a DCC - she started at 17-18.  But yes, Abigail, Meagan - does anyone know how old Dara or Melissa K were?  They were all very mature and seemed to take everything seriously.

I love Tasha!  I think that her maturity is what K&J appreciated with all the drama.  Here was a gal who, even though she was a second year vet, was helping as much as she could.

I think Dara was 18 or 19 when she made the team.

48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Has any DCC besides KaShara come back for another season after being a PB cheerleader?  Didn't Brittany Evans  (3rd yr vet) retire after PB?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LynneH said:

I really do not understand what the problem is for K/J to cut girls.  It's extremely clear based on all of the feedback they are getting in regards to the stickers.

You need to cut 5 girls 

The first three that should be cut are Victoria (1 sticker), Ashlee (2 stickers) and Kristin (2 stickers) (they have the fewest stickers and their GLs did not pick them either)

Victoria is a no brainer based on weight gain, immaturity and lack of stickers from K/J

I like Ashlee, I'm not sure why she has so few stickers, but she's apparently not a "stand out" enough to be picked for 36. So I'm not sure why she was selected for the team with only 2 stickers.

I like Kristin, but I'm okay with her cut as I think she could use another year to "spruce" up her performance. (stop looking at the ground, and perform up to the cheap seats). No stickers from K/J

That leaves 2 and the lowest remaining sticker count are vets Tara and Rachel with 3 stickers each (again no vote from GL but Lacey did have the largest group with 12).

I loved Tara, but KF didn’t pick her for top 36 and her group leader didn’t pick her either, which justifies her “cut” to me.

I’m going to assume that Veteran Rachel was “saved” from being cut by Malena’s risky memory/performance mistakes and the fact that 2 of her 3 stickers are from K/J.

I am curious to see why Lily who had 5 stickers was cut instead of Ashlee (interestingly both have stickers from Kelly but not from Judy)

I’m surprised Rachel ranks so low; in most of the vets’ clips i’ve seen from prep classes she has actually been one of the best if not the best out of her class.

37 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Do you think her being demoted made her want to retire? And who else do you think (or know!) is going to retire?

Looks like many rookies will end up in the triangle and up front in general next year.

4 hours ago, jlc said:

Another thing about her - if I remember correctly, she made show group her first year. The second year she made show group and in one episode she was telling the other girls what to do, as if she had been there for 4 years already. I thought it was presumptuous and overbearing. She may have been promoted to "captain" or "head cheerleader" or whatever, but that is when I started to not like her, and it never got better. I just don't like her, and I am pretty sure I never will, so when she takes over Kelli's job, I think I will stop watching the show.

Well she became a group leader so it was kinda her job, but I do see why she might seem arrogant. I wasn’t a big fan in the beginning, but it does look like Kelli gave her lots of responsibilities and relies on her so it’s probably more that she’s doing her job than she’s being bossy because she wants to be.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I can see Tasha as point. She's extremely photogenic.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ha truth!! My body bounced back so much faster in late teens/early 20s than now.  Lacey hasn't even had any injuries I don't think, that is pretty impressive. 

39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

As well liked as Lacey is (by me as well), I don’t think that there’s any indication that K&J have ever considered her for point. I don’t think they have even tested her there, and they’ve had opportunities to do so. 

Looking at the prior two years, Jenn K and then Jenna (pre-demotion) were the obvious choices for point just based off of their positions in the formation the prior year. After Jenna, Erica was probably next in line and then Holly. When all 3 had issues, I think they went with Kashara over Lacey due to pop. Going in to this year, I think the belief that they might demote Kashara was never a reality. Kashara is clearly one of Kelli’s favorites. Also, rightly or wrongly, moving Kashara back would’ve been perceived as a knock against her, and I don’t think wanted that, especially given how much discussion there was of point last year (which was on them of course - they focused on it a ton, too much IMO, on the show). 

I do think Erica was a consideration for a while for sure...but that injury really threw it off because she could barely practice with it.  I think it wouldn't have been shocking if Holly Powell had gotten it too. 

I always have to remind myself how each year very qualified girls don't get that spot - Emma, Jacie, for instance.  that's part of why i really don't think it every upset Lacey. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m surprised Rachel ranks so low; in most of the vets’ clips i’ve seen from prep classes she has actually been one of the best if not the best out of her class.

Do you think her being demoted made her want to retire? And who else do you think (or know!) is going to retire?

Looks like many rookies will end up in the triangle and up front in general next year.

Well she became a group leader so it was kinda her job, but I do see why she might seem arrogant. I wasn’t a big fan in the beginning, but it does look like Kelli gave her lots of responsibilities and relies on her so...

I was surprised Rachel did too, she is such a strong performer.  Isn't she on WW on and off tho? Maybe that's been a concern for them.  I dunno, her swimsuit photos were some of my faves. 

I think Heather O is just ready to be done; Kash is her last super bestie on the team ... Maggie, Allie and little Heather are all gone. 

Girls often change their mind last minute but right now I think we will see a lot of upper vets leaving.  I'm not even trying to say it's because of drama or K&J or Vic or anything, I just think a lot will move on.  it will seem more dramatic because there is so little seniority. 

21 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Haven't been here in a while since I've been busy so sorry if this has been discussed already! Did we ever get insight as to why K&J are upset with Heather O and did not select her for GL?

No, and I don't think it will come out. 

29 minutes ago, nmvrn said:

How did Jenn K keep Kashara off show group?

I don't mean to say she alone kept Kashara off show group! but certain people have Kelli's trust and ear.  Jenn is one of them.  

But I honestly can't remember Kashara's dancing early on - I know Melissa R thought she was adorable with her wink and whatnot but was she SG worthy those first couple years? I'd have to look back at who some of the vets were and other rookies. 

• Love 6
On 10/17/2018 at 5:40 AM, vivianspoetry said:

You’re not wrong, but everything is overanalyzed on this board. The most recent episode thread has pages of discussion about VK’s dress and Kashara’s 6 word response at an etiquette class. 

Ain't this the truth.  I keep expecting to see a thread about what color thong is Charlotte wearing.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Happy Victoria-Gets-Sent-Packing Day! 

While I don’t want to celebrate as I don’t want to seem mean, it’s about time. They did VK no service by keeping her. I’m watching past episodes and girls got cut immediately after gaining a few pounds and yet VK stayed after gaining 10 pounds and we all know you can’t loose that much weight in a healthy way,  in the short  period of training camp. She also blew her media training with “ I have no words” over and over.  While I can only base my opinion on what has been edited for TV, it showed me that K had favoritism toward VK because any other girl would have been sent packing. Look at Dayton, she was cut for memorization and Melena had the same problem and she is still there. Why wasn’t Dayton given the chance? Again, I am basing this on what has been shown on TV. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I do think Erica was a consideration for a while for sure...but that injury really threw it off because she could barely practice with it.  I think it wouldn't have been shocking if Holly Powell had gotten it too. 

I always have to remind myself how each year very qualified girls don't get that spot - Emma, Jacie, for instance.  that's part of why i really don't think it every upset Lacey. 

I definitely think Erica was in running pre-injury and dismissal. By saying Jenna was the obvious choice, I was mainly just referring to their actions the prior year, where they tested her at point a few times, and she did well there (im assuming they felt the same, since she initially got the point position last year). I’m certainly not implying she was a slam dunk. Holly A getting point over Emma was surprising to me, so they definitely don’t always do what is expected.

Holly P at point actually would’ve surprised me. I don’t know why actually lol. Its just a feeling. I actually wonder if Holly would’ve gotten point over Kashara, if she hadn’t been involved in the drama, and it had just been Jenna who was in trouble. I guess we’ll never know, but I think Kashara had the better position in the triangle in the first place. I should put the disclaimer though that while I think Holly is one of the most talented dancers they’ve ever had, I never thought she was a standout in DCC style. I prefer to watch Jenna, Kashara, and Erica in DCC choreo, so that may affect my opinion here.

• Love 4