Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, klh25 said:

Me too...I am 46 and in the peri-menopause phase and I am carrying an extra 15lbs that just doesn't want to let go.  I have been pretty lucky and never struggled really, so it is particularly frustrating not being able to figure it out.

If you figure it out, let me know!  I’m in the same life spot...

• Love 2
On 10/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Lily had 5 stickers, for her to get cut was either because she did or said something egregious at the end or they couldn't risk the squad being whitewashed. They brought in 3 African American woman to training camp---they cut Jasmine early, Malena was set to go and Ashlee would have been the last one. Technically they still had Gabbi and Cianna, but they were already short on non-white vets. 

Don’t forget Brianna made it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Speaking for myself and not from experience as a dancer, I feel that pouring all that effort and an entire summer into training camp and then getting cut a week before the first game would be devastating.

i know it hurts any time to be cut, but I feel the longer they are in camp and bonding with everyone and working so hard every day, the more it hurts to get cut.

So I agree they don’t do anyone any favors by not cutting them when it’s been obvious for a while they aren’t going to make it.

If the TCC gets cut than won’t they know the dances better if they try out again the following year? I would also feel grateful that TPTB gave me so much time.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I can't immediately tell if Kelli is talking about Tara's cut or Victoria's cut in this clip, but I'm leaning towards Victoria, especially since she said, "I've come to the conclusion. . . everyone has. . . I just don't want to say it."  She's had no problems cutting vets in the past, even if everyone loves them (blonde Hannah) or she's worried about them (Kaitlyn LeGrande) plus there's been a lot more talk about Victoria with a few people saying "yes" but far more saying "no" (both with good reasons, in their minds, to support their opinions) so I don't think that particular phrase is about Tara.  Kelli's waffled SO much about talking to Victoria about things, everyone's commented on it.  Kelli's softened EVERY criticism she's given Victoria, she's tried to blame other people, she's given Victoria options and chances that no other girl's gotten.  By putting Victoria's cut into words, she's made it real in a way that she doesn't want to think about.  It seems Kelli WANTS more than anything to put Victoria on the team and is TRYING to come up with some way she can somehow manage to do it, but she KNOWS there's no way (as in a snowball's chance in the hottest furnace of Hades) she can possibly do it because no other rookie candidate other than Malena was an obvious standout for being cut at this point and she knows that, if she DOESN'T cut Victoria, there will be repercussions beyond what she/they have already experienced.  Kelli's been doing her absolute best to get Victoria across the finish line and onto the squad, but Victoria's self-sabotage isn't helping in any way.

Yup. I feel exactly the same. Holding on so tight until she just couldn’t any longer. 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don’t want people to think jenn and kash were like the sharks and jets lol I think a better way to put it is like, jenn cares a lot about maintaining the legacy of DCC as world class, and she cares about it more than she might another DCC’s feelings. Does that make sense? I don’t want to start a rumor that jenn hated kash and tried to ruin her DCC career. It was more of, this girl doesn’t sound like a DCC, she sounds dumb, I sure wouldn’t put her on appearances. Which pisses me off because it’s so judgmental but then again, I wasn’t offended by kash’s remarks on game bird and clearly a lot of people were. LOL I just need to keep my mouth shut ? 

I’m hardly a member of the royal family (opinionated New Yorker with a potty mouth) but Jenn making a judgement call over someone’s accent is prejudicial. And fucked up.

By the way, you are describing Cassie Trammel as well here. Those words came out of her mouth over and over.

And don’t keep your mouth shut. God gave it to you, use it!

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

aww...well, i just never ever want something i say to bloch someone's reputation or make people here write them off as terrible humans. i try not to share anything that i haven't heard from more than one or two different people but i know from my own life how more than one person's word doesn't make something fact.  no one is 100% terrible. 

It’s okay. I always thought Jenn K was a bitch so you didn’t ruin her rep with me...:0]

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, MrClean said:

I have never been choked up by a cut before, but watching Tara broke my heart.

Judy posted on the live tweet happening, that it broke hers too.  I have 2.5 hours to go to be able to see it and really don't think I'm going to be good to watch this scene.  Everyone's posts make it sound so heartrending.  What was the reason?

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Sorry to expound/expand on this topic, but I thought of something while on my run (hey, I don't run FAST, but I'm certainly not walkin' :P) Anyways, I remembered some were thinking that Kelli wanted more than 36 this year.  I could certainly agree with that, especially since she was keeping so many girls for so long and was refusing to make any cuts until the last moment.  Conspiracy theory-type thinking here: What if Kelli was doing her dangdest to convince Charlotte that a squad of 40 was the way to go?  She could use the arguments that there were so many talented girls this year, why not enlarge the squad and, if that wasn't enough, look at what happened last year with 8 girls gone by the time February rolls around AND the rumor that Keyra was likely to have been cut if they hadn't lost so many girls between Finals and the end of Football season.  Kelli was probably hoping for word of the approval for a larger squad (thus having an excuse to say that Victoria "earned" her spot on the squad), but was told that she couldn't have the larger squad she wanted.  Of the girls left, Victoria and Malena are the two obvious cuts and, though Kelli wanted to keep both, she had to cut one and there was no way Kelli couldn't explain keeping Victoria over everyone else as even Lily and Tara (as the two next "weakest" dancers) being miles ahead of her in just about everything.

Now going off to hide until after the show airs (and I hope they actually cut Victoria in this episode instead of dragging it to the very last one).

It’s been pretty obvious that Kelli wanted a bigger squad. Kelli confirmed it when she made that comment to Judy when the girls were on the field.

10 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

"Come back" "Tomorrow?"....that was heart breaking...anyone know if Tara is going to try out again?

Seriously?  Oh man, this sounds like one of the hardest cuts to watch yet. :-/

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ain't this the truth.  I keep expecting to see a thread about what color thong is Charlotte wearing.

I am bleaching my eyes out now -- thanks for that visualization.

:)

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I can't imagine her coming back, but I don't think she has said either way. 

I can't watch the show until later. Did Tara look bad? was the cut justified?

is it something she can actually fix?

Edited by Tuxcat
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Kelli just posted on Twitter they hope Tara will come back stronger next year.

Does anybody know if vet that was cut has been successful in coming back -- I remember in season two that a couple of  cut vets made it to finals but not to camp.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

Does anybody know if vet that was cut has been successful in coming back -- I remember in season two that a couple of  cut vets made it to finals but not to camp.

Not since the show has been on but probably before that. I mean some came back after having babies and such.

Kelli gonna give herself a damn heart attack trying to pick this team.

6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't think she looked bad, but I'm not a dancer. Poor Tara.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

It’s been pretty obvious that Kelli wanted a bigger squad. Kelli confirmed it when she made that comment to Judy when the girls were on the field.

She always does, I think. She has said in past seasons that she'd love to a squad as big as forty.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I hope Tara's comeback is the main story for next season. I will throw my tablet out my window if it's VK MTT next season.

• Love 14
Just now, TexasBorn said:

I hope Tara's comeback is the main story for next season. I will throw my tablet out my window if it's VK MTT next season.

I would definitely tune in for that.  Question though if Tara doesn't try out again, will Savanah stay?

• Love 2
Just now, MTTFan said:

I would definitely tune in for that.  Question though if Tara doesn't try out again, will Savanah stay?

Savannah and Tara we're never that close that MTT portrayed last year. One of them said on the podcast the happened to find out the other was trying out for DCC through their Flight Crew teammates and weren't really close before then as they were different rookie classes and had different years on the Flight Crew. I think Savannah will stay

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

Savannah and Tara we're never that close that MTT portrayed last year. One of them said on the podcast the happened to find out the other was trying out for DCC through their Flight Crew teammates and weren't really close before then as they were different rookie classes and had different years on the Flight Crew. I think Savannah will stay

Interesting - CMT at work again. :)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I do think Tara looks a little rougher than I remember her last year, but I'm still not sure I could justify her cut. I think we're seeing edits to show her worst and she was vocal in saying she's been getting positive feedback and was a bit blindsided by the cut. It's not the choice I would have made---I would have taken out rookie Alanna before I took out Tara. 

4 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Savannah didn't leave when Tara was cut, but I did notice that she walked out with Tara or was at her side when the vets rushed her. So I doubt it. And I'm not sure Tara would be happy if her friend quit over her, either. 

Part of me wants Tara to come back and show them they were wrong, but the realistic side of me hopes she moves on to something that makes her happy too. 

As for Malena, if Kelli thought Malena is worth keeping over Tara then I have to believe the CMT edit of Malena has been bad on purpose. I just can't understand why you would cut someone you know has shown that they could do it for someone who simply can't. 

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, DCCme said:

If you figure it out, let me know!  I’m in the same life spot...

I did the Ideal Protein Diet that is supervised by my doctor. I had to undergo chemotherapy 2 years ago when I was 45. I had absolutely no signs of menopause when I started and my hormone levels checked a few months prior where that of a 25 year old. Unfortunately when you are in your 40's, chemotherapy drugs age your ovaries 10 years and it put me in early menopause. I quickly gained 25 pounds. I've never looked so awful. In April I was at an all time high of 176 pounds. I started that diet and by mid July I was at 145 pounds. It really gets rid of the perimenopausal abdominal obesity/fat that is so common. It's a ketogenic diet except it's low fat and not high fat. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Alanna doesn’t make mistakes. Why would you cut her?

Look. I don't think CMT has focused on her enough to know whether or not she's making mistakes---which I'm sure she does from time to time. But on look alone, I would have taken Tara over her. 

Just now, Thebiglebowski said:

Oh, Flock off CMT for throwing that comercial set in. It was only 4mins since the last comercial set...go sit and rotate

My cake is ready. And it tastes so good. 

• Love 6