Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 10/18/2018 at 1:48 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but Jenn is one of my favorites. Nothing compares to the pop that Holly Arielle had at point, but Jenn was really good. Plus she looks awesome pregnant.

I barely RECOGNIZED her!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I can't help dissecting this twitter exchange:

1. The original tweet from "Grace" (the VK fan) was posted 55 minutes prior to Judy's reply. In that entire 55 minutes, her pro-VK tweet garnered one like. Yep, in 55 minutes, only one person agreed with the pro-VK tweet. And before anyone claims that other people may not have seen it, let's keep in mind that it was tagged to the DCC forum and Judy saw it to reply. But nobody else liked it. Looks like the rest of the planet thought VK needed to go!

2. I think Judy's comment is actually to defend the veterans, saying "others can't take the blame," meaning that VK is the only one to blame for her cut.

So glad that VK Not Making the Team is over. Now, we get one episode of DCC Making the Team!

Amen hallelujah! 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

So glad that VK Not Making the Team is over. Now, we get one episode of DCC Making the Team!

We've seen so much of VK in all of the other episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in 75% (at least) of the next episode in the form of flashbacks, what could have beens, & "I'm so sad I didn't make it this year, but I'm already preparing for next year" talking heads. ???

• Love 8
On 10/18/2018 at 3:11 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I'm waiting to see what Tess and Tasha say on the podcast today about if this is their last year or not.

I like Tess, but Tasha is one of my favorites!  I hope she stays at least for one more year!!! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Fiesty isn't the word I would use.  Bichy is more like it 

6 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I am not sure why a couch is always brought up (lol) when they get a little mad, and we don’t go along with what we are seeing!

5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Completely unprofessional. I normally love Judy, but this is...beyond her. 

5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t have an issue with Judy saying that there’s more that goes on that the viewers don’t see. That’s certainly true, but the “sitting on your couch” comment is childish  and kind of a “cut off your nose to spite your face” comment. 

5 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I like that Judy has some bite. Where was it during the entire season???  

4 hours ago, jlc said:

Since she didn't say sh** for 10 episodes this season, that statement is rude and peckish! 

4 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Yeah, throwing shade at the show's fans ... is not cute. I wouldn't have expected such a reaction from Judy this late in the game.

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Judy is well aware of what could have been done differently in TC, and is being defensive about it.  Or she could be frustrated with Kelli and takes it out on everyone else, including the viewers. 

4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I like Judy. Both her and Kelli. I really do. And I get that she was probably feeling attacked and frustrated. I probably wouldn’t feel much differently than she does in her place. Especially after an emotionally taxing night.

But seriously man, its a show about a professional cheerleading team. Exactly where else DOES one watch their TV? Bed? Toilet? Of course I’m on my damn couch. When people say this, it is meant to be an insult. 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, agreed. I don’t think Judy has any negative feelings for the viewers and was just frustrated, but this goes back to the whole “did you think about that before you said it?” advice. It’s just as relevant to social media as anything else. 

2 hours ago, Lily80 said:

Dang! Judy getting salty. I get it. People are obnoxious. But that's the nature of being on TV. You're going to get a million opinions.

Well, it looks like she has deleted the "couch" comment/post.

I think she is just really frustrated/stressed with how this training camp went. I think if it had been HER choice, certain people would have been gone a lot sooner. Instead, she had the stress of dealing with Kelli being in denial all season & then catching flack on twitter about it, too, like it was all her fault (when I think she really felt like her hands were tied). I think it all just blew up for her last night.

Edited by hannahbanana
Trying to make post shorter. LoL
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I think she is just really frustrated/stressed with how this training camp went. I think if it had been HER choice, certain people would have been gone a lot sooner. Instead, she had the stress of dealing with Kelli being in denial all season & then catching flack on twitter about it, too, like it was all her fault (when I think she really felt like her hands were tied). I think it all just blew up for her last night.

Wow.  If there was an award for a quote fest, I'd give it to you.

Weird that Judy removed that post.  To be honest, in light of previous twitter comments, I was a bit surprised both she and Kelli agreed to do a live tweet on this particular episode.

Wonder what's in store for the live tweet finale episode.

Edited by go4luca
I really hate the formatting this board does some times.
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Wow.  If there was an award for a quote fest, I'd give it to you.

Weird that Judy removed that post.  To be honest, in light of previous twitter comments, I was a bit surprised both she and Kelli agreed to do a live tweet on this particular episode.

Wonder what's in store for the live tweet finale episode.

I wonder how much they "agreed" & how much they were told they had to do it. I haven't been following what is being said on twitter, but I can't imagine it's pretty. If I was them, I would just want to put my head under the covers, let the fiasco finish airing, & hope for better next year (by hopefully not doing the same dumb things).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I think Judy's comment is actually to defend the veterans, saying "others can't take the blame," meaning that VK is the only one to blame for her cut.

That is exactly what I thought. This was Victoria's fault, no one else's 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jennv said:

I was very disappointed in the way Kelli addressed VK's cut. She told her she would make the team if they had more than 36 spots and I think that is BS that she was just spewing to make VK feel good. Did she not see the girls gut jiggling during the kickline? She can't go one the field like that and Kelli damn well knows that. YOU ARE NOT DOING HER A FAVOR BY CODDLING HER! She needs the brutal truth, or she will show up next year with the exact same problems

Here’s my take:

I think Kelli’s comments that VK has potential for the team blah blah blah were made to appease TK and VK. And probably Kelli herself.  

I think VK comes back next year with her weight and behaviour at a decent enough level that she gets a place on the team. JMHO

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Here’s my take:

I think Kelli’s comments that VK has potential for the team blah blah blah were made to appease TK and VK. And probably Kelli herself.  

I think VK comes back next year with her weight and behaviour at a decent enough level that she gets a place on the team. JMHO

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I've always liked Judy. Of course, I have absolutely zero "insider" information, so I have no idea what she is like during practices, games, or general interactions with the DCC squad on a regular basis. Based upon what I've seen on the show only, I personally think that Judy's voice was minimized throughout this season's auditions and training camp. I understand that her tweet offended some (or many), but I think she tweeted out of misdirected frustration. I keep going back to Kelly saying to Judy that she's quiet, and in response, Judy continues to stay quiet. If only we could have one of those captions that shows what's going through her mind at that moment... :-).

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Amen hallelujah! 

You don’t think we will get people talking about Victoria’s cut for at least 5minutes? Now that Victoria’s gone, who will be the talking head about cuts?

1 hour ago, MamaV said:

Here’s my take:

I’ve been predicting she won’t or can’t manage her weight. She came into camp looking soft and gained the entire time.

I was wondering how much she might gain over the football season if she made the team. She gained what 11 pounds in a few weeks? She could easily be up more than 20 pounds by the end of the season. 

Her weight was just one of the many issues. I just don’t see her growing up in one year.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

It’s Lauren’s voice and a gif of someone crying that was added to the clip

I was gonna guess Lauren! I even tried to find her Instagram to find a video & do a voice match. If CMT didn’t also doctor the clip regarding Lauren’s pep talk, what a sweet and inspiring girl she is. And after looking at her IG, I feel like I didn’t realize how dang pretty she is too. She’s adorable. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Clarification
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, aubshart said:

My fav line from Kelli 

*Victoria asking if the cut was for something specific*

Kelli: “It’s comprehensive.”

Who is this? Alexis?

That’s who I think it is 

• Love 1

VK has zero incentive to change and grow up for next year's auditions.   I'm sure that since she's staying in the same environment, with people who enable her, and tell her everyone is mean to her, then she will keep right on the same path.       The reputed major rift between Kelli and Tina speaks volumes, and shows that whatever happens with VK is not her kid's fault, but everyone else picking on her.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Just because it wasn’t shown on the episode doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Honestly, so much of what the insiders said—the Jinelle stuff, the weight gain, the doc appointment, and the rest—did turn out to be true, and that’s only what we saw. The only rumor I haven’t seen substantiated is the one about Tara being cut for being “toxic” for talking about the VK favoritism. It seemed clear Kelli and Judy were upset about cutting her, so I doubt there was truth to that one. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Judy is showing her true colors. What a bitch.  If it weren’t for the viewers, there’d be no show  

I now understand how Cassie came to be such a disgusting human being. 

I've found in life that most of the mean girls I meet have mean girls moms. 

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Pft! The internet is forever, Judy. 

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

You don’t think we will get people talking about Victoria’s cut for at least 5minutes? Now that Victoria’s gone, who will be the talking head about cuts?

I’ve been predicting she won’t or can’t manage her weight. She came into camp looking soft and gained the entire time.

I was wondering how much she might gain over the football season if she made the team. She gained what 11 pounds in a few weeks? She could easily be up more than 20 pounds by the end of the season. 

Her weight was just one of the many issues. I just don’t see her growing up in one year.

VK is so brainwashed in the "DCC or bust" department that it would not shock me if she turned to professional help to get the weight off. 

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, Jennv said:

What an incredibly stupid trend

I blame the Kardashians.  How young women can follow people like this gives me fears for the future of this country.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, sATL said:

I thought Brooke cheered for a FL team (can't remember if it was football or something else) before becoming a DCC. If so that would make her older than 18 - unless that team allowed younger than 18,

She was on the Florida Marlins dance team for two years prior to DCC, so she was definitely not an 18 year old rookie.

8 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I’d LOVE for one of them to do MY job for a day. But first you have to go through a year (or more) long application period then a 5-month Academy where you aren’t given 17 chances to get your shit straightened out. And the instructors don’t tell you they love you at the end of an office visit. They tell you that if you don’t do things correctly, someone can get killed. So...yeah. Her frustration should be directed at the CMT Powers That Be who choose what and what not to air, which manipulates our opinions.

Fair enough, but how would you feel if your job, with it's high stakes and extensive application and training period was filmed, chopped up for tv, your experience molded into a dramatic story-line, and aired, and then you had to listen to a bunch of people who don't really understand that application and training process or the daily grind of your job (but think they do) dissecting your every move and going on about how you you're doing it wrong?I just think it's different when you're the one under the microscope for all the world to comment on.

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I think Judy had a very human and understandable reaction. While viewers have every right to watch the show and form their own opinions, for Judy this isn't tv. This is her job every day, day after day for almost 30 years. She does not edit the show and does not control which stories are told and how. So yeah, she's had enough of low-information viewers Monday morning quarterbacking her decisions and her qualifications. I can't say I blame her. I don't believe that just because people are on tv or are celebrities that they don't have the same emotions and frailties as anyone else. For the most part, she handles it with grace. Occasionally it gets to her. I have no problem with that.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

If she doesn't get the weight off, I hope Kelli lets her know not to audition again yet. It'll be the same cycle all over again, and she'll get her heart broken all over again too.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2018 at 7:48 PM, DCCme said:

If you figure it out, let me know!  I’m in the same life spot...

I gained 50 lbs between perimenopause and menopause. I have since lost that weight but it took 2-1/2 years, diet change and exercise. I do Barre classes 6 days a week. I'm 67 years old and I'm in better shape now than I was before. I'm actually getting my butt back and muscle definition!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Jalyn - "I'm not a pretty cryer." LMAO! She is hilarious.

Has any other TCC or DCC had that much runny mascara? What a train wreck.

image.png.d3b78525a9d337612dae3927cc6df74e.png

VK was asked on Instagram what mascara she uses cause the poster thought her lashes were on point.  She responded that she doesn't use waterproof mascara cause it's harder to remove.  

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

VK was asked on Instagram what mascara she uses cause the poster thought her lashes were on point.  She responded that she doesn't use waterproof mascara cause it's harder to remove.  

There are great eye make-up removers that remove waterproof mascara. New formulas where the make-up sort of melts off. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

There are great eye make-up removers that remove waterproof mascara. New formulas where the make-up sort of melts off. 

That's what I was thinking when I saw what she wrote.  I don't remember who posted that if she made the squad, she needed a different mascara or it would be all over her face by the end of the game or something like that.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's what I was thinking when I saw what she wrote.  I don't remember who posted that if she made the squad, she needed a different mascara or it would be all over her face by the end of the game or something like that.

I wonder if the DCC binder recommends wearing waterproof mascara. I would think they would considering stadium air conditioning or not, it’s got to be hot and sweaty dancing all day at games.

• Love 1

A day later, I’m still fired up about the office visit for VK’s cut. Kelli’s comments about people assuming VK was a shoo in due to her connections & how that was bull clearly illustrate how deluded Kelli was this season. I think everyone here can agree that VK worked hard in training camp. It’s not like she was standing in the corner filing her nails the entire time. BUT ALL THE GIRLS WORK HARD.

What people have a problem with is that VK clearly had no respect for the process & her lack of respect & immaturity had absolutely no consequences. She gained 11 lbs in the matter of a few weeks. She should’ve been cut. There was absolutely no way for her to lose that weight in a healthy manner & maintain that weight loss if she gained that much in such a short period of time. “Give her the respect” my ass. Then, she disrespected a staff member, ignored services that the organization generously offered her, & only apologized as an afterthought when she was being reprimanded. She should’ve been cut then, especially if she was caught lying. After that debacle, she butchered her media interviews to the point where Kelli stated she couldn’t trust her to talk to media. When Kelli made the decision that she wouldn’t train/help Taylor with her mistakes, she absolutely should have cut VK for the same reason. Finally, you have the stickers & the office visits. She has 1 sticker. She had 5 office visits.

It’s clear that VK worked hard to learn the dances & is passionate about being a DCC, but that doesn’t make her special. Every single girl that tries out works hard & is passionate. VK clearly had the advantage of nepotism that every other girl didn’t. She got away with gaining 11 lbs while Tara was cut for being underwhelming & gaining 10 lbs. She got away with having a horrendous media day while Taylor was cut for the same reason. Based on rumors here, VK hasn’t learned her lesson or matured at all, considering she’s running around her dance classes telling people that she was cut for taking up too much screen time. Kelli did her no favors by softening the blow of being cut. She should’ve put every issue out on the table just like she does with every other TCC. Look at how she talked to Madeline & Kristin. Unfortunately, VK will audition next year, fly under the radar with little to no focus on her/no THs in an attempt to quiet the unrest & still let her on the team. Very disappointed in this season & what this process has become.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I wonder if the DCC binder recommends wearing waterproof mascara. I would think they would considering stadium air conditioning or not, it’s got to be hot and sweaty dancing all day at games.

Remember the posts from years past when the girls would come in and their locker would be filled with their sponsor's products - makeup and hair. I remember Bedhead was one.  During Season 1, the had announced the team, and Kelli said it was time to get ready and they showed Nicole getting her braces checked and Kandi was using Mario Badescu products.  I remember thinking, Wow!  High end sponsors:)  If they are still sponsored, they might be getting shadow, liner, mascara, etc, and hair products.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I’m sorry if I missed this up thread, but is anyone else wondering whether Kelli’s comment about “anyone who thought Victoria was a shoo in” was directed at the rumors on this board?

That is what I thought too.  I also believe that if Kelli had permission for 40 girls Victoria would be on the team.  

• Love 15