Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, TMoney said:

Anyone else feel like this season is dragging! tonight I was annoyed we have to wait another week to see the final team. Longest drawn out season of all time! And this coming from a big fan. These cuts are being drawn out wayyyyyy tooooo long. 

No, I agree. Saving it all for the end is brutal because we are missing a lot of the other cool things they could be showing us. 

• Love 8
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Shelly said they moved others around to make the groups even - they should all have 9.

By game day, yes, but at the point in training camp when they did the sticker thing she still had the most girls. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

By game day, yes, but at the point in training camp when they did the sticker thing she still had the most girls. 

Right so that's actually not a fair process. Each GL gets 9 stickers. Lacey was forced to cut two from her group. But that shouldn't mean that they are the weakest two of the whole team. Dumb system. They should have given them each 36 stickers.

• Love 11

Honestly during VKs cut, I couldn’t think of anything but her mascara lol. Like, sweetie, if you were going to wear that at all football games, we were gonna have a Blank space T Swift situation. 

Also when it was all gone, she DID finally look 18. 

• Love 18

If VK comes back next year, maybe she’ll get the ghost edit of Erin, Brennan and Madeline this season. Normally the comeback girls are shoved down our throats...but nope! Not this year. Miracles could happen ?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

It’s been pretty obvious that Kelli wanted a bigger squad. Kelli confirmed it when she made that comment to Judy when the girls were on the field.

Was that in a previous episode and I don't remember it (which is entirely possible) or tonight's episode which I am SO excited to watch but have to wait until iTunes pops it up.

1 hour ago, Lily80 said:

She always does, I think. She has said in past seasons that she'd love to a squad as big as forty.

In many years, she's struggled to find enough girls who are pretty and can dance so, while she would LIKE a squad of 40, she wouldn't have been able to legitimately been able to find that many.  This year would have been an exception if Victoria had been cut MUCH earlier in the season and not dragged to the end in the hopes that enough other girls screwed up so she could get a spot without having to cut her or expand the squad JUST so she could have a spot.

33 minutes ago, WickedMom said:

She's still a kid - straight out of high school.  She'll mature enough to make it next year.  I can't believe all the hateful comments and cheering for her departure.  

There have been MANY girls on the squad who have been 18 when they made the squad (Lacey, Jenna, Brooke Sorenson, and Dara McFarlane to name a few) and have been mature for their age.  I think it's Victoria's general behavior overall as well as Kelli's overtly blatant favoritism towards her (which Victoria couldn't help to a degree, but certainly took advantage of) that turned people off.  I don't know about anyone else, but if I was shown such favoritism (either in a job search or actually AT my work), I'd at least make sure I'd get at least a second and third opinion from other people who I know are aware of the situation and WON"T sugar coat their answers to make sure that what I'm experiencing is what's actually going on.  If it is, I'd ask that it please stop because it's hurting me rather than helping me and not allowing me to grow, change and expand my role in the company.  It's not in my nature just as making sure I really AM tougher on those I have a personal or lifelong connection to in order to make sure that they've earned the spot instead of my input being the reason they GOT the spot.

• Love 7

Ok so I'm watching late but no way Tara should have been cut. She had JT and Shelly and NF and MRS stickers. Cut rookie Madeline who has bad faces. Christina even or Savannah, Malena, VK.

• Love 14

I gotta say...I hate that they keep saying they have no idea how they’re gonna get 4 more cuts! Victoria, Malena! There’s 2! I hate they cut a vet, but she did seem to be having troubles but she seemed to be doing a little better! But it did look like she messed up in the dance on the field with her group. But cutting her before cutting Victoria or Malena?! Come on!!! I don’t get why Kelli and Jusy have such a hard time cutting VK but cut Dayton early on? Kelli has known Dayton since she was a child and is friends with her mom too I thought?! So I don’t get it!!

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I ate the cake. 

I have half of a pumpkin spice cake with a powdered sugar / cream cheese frosting.  I don't know where the other half went.  <cough>

When I get a moment, I'll give the recipe for this cake.  It is so so so easy.  But you also have to make a pumpkin pie or two (or not).

Eff it......1 Betty Crocker Spice or Yellow Cake Mix (I prefer the spice cake).  1 15 ounce Libby canned pumpkin.  Make the pumpkin batter per the can's instructions.  Make the Spice Cake per the box instructions and substitute the pumpkin batter for the water in a 1 to 1 ratio.  If the box calls for 1 cup of water, use 1 cup of pumpkin pie batter.  Bake per the box instructions for the size of your pan.

You're welcome and bon appetite!

• Love 11

Besides the mediocre physical and dancing aspect of both girls, what is really glaring is that neither Victoria nor Dayton were mentally, emotionally or mature enough to be DCC this year.  Both were so immature for their ages, there was no way they could be a part of this squad.  It was hard to watch them speak and perform. Victoria, very sluggish and heavy looking.  Dayton danced as if she was apologizing with every move.  Then listening to them speak.  Victoria, always making excuses, and perhaps lying, and Dayton speaking like a mouse.  I’m certain they both can gain dance skills in the future, but I wonder if they will ever be mature enough to make this team. 

• Love 8

I went back and studied the “Group Leader Sticker” scene.  I took a screen shot each time the board was shown.  By this time in TC, Lacey still had 12 in her group, KaShara had 10, Amy had 9 and Maddie had 10.  Each GL was given 9 stickers, so by default, there would be 3 girls in Lacey’s group without a sticker.  Initially, those 3 were: Tara, Ashlee and Rachel.  Amy, who only had 9 girls to start with, chose to NOT give one to Malena, so she had an extra sticker.  Later in the scene, it shows Amy’s “extra” sticker on Bridget’s picture (who is in Lacey’s group) and Lacey’s sticker that was on Bridget is NOW on Rachel’s picture… 

So, all that to say that Rachel DID get a sticker from Lacey.

zzzzz1.png

zzzzz2.png

zzzzz5.png

• Love 9

The Tara cut is total bullshit. 

I didn't even hear any of VK cut because the black mascara running down her face onto her neck and pink top were completely distracting. 

I did feel sorry for her though. That’s all I have right now. I’m tired. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

I have half of a pumpkin spice cake with a powdered sugar / cream cheese frosting.  I don't know where the other half went.  <cough>

When I get a moment, I'll give the recipe for this cake.  It is so so so easy.  But you also have to make a pumpkin pie or two (or not).

Eff it......1 Betty Crocker Spice or Yellow Cake Mix (I prefer the spice cake).  1 15 ounce Libby canned pumpkin.  Make the pumpkin batter per the can's instructions.  Make the Spice Cake per the box instructions and substitute the pumpkin batter for the water in a 1 to 1 ratio.  If the box calls for 1 cup of water, use 1 cup of pumpkin pie batter.  Bake per the box instructions for the size of your pan.

You're welcome and bon appetite!

I’ve made this before and it’s wonderful, but just in case there are any chocolate lovers out there

Box of chocolate cake mix

1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree

mix together - pour into 12 muffin tins that have been greased or use liners

Preheat oven 400 degrees - bake 20 min.

180 calories

Back to your regularly scheduled program ?

• Love 7

Just watched the episode....you know what's amazing is Victoria totally crossed the threshold of maturity at the exact moment that Kelli told her she was cut. That was one of the more touching and intense moments in MTT history. There's no doubt in my mind that Victoria will be an amazing DCC in the future. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Speaking of gratuitous boob shot...

vhmvlkxchruznrn51t2e.jpg

Ideal Dental??  Those aren’t her teeth. 

1 hour ago, Lily80 said:

What in the Sam hell is this shit? 

She said in her clip she loved America!  ?

• Love 6

"I don't wanna let you off so easy with a decision that would crush me and that y'all might also regret"

Tara, I'm going to miss you so much! So wonderfully said.

18 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

The problem is that when she was incorporated into the group and compared in real time next to these other dancers - next to the gracefulness of Lacey, the country-girl-next-door appeal of KaShara, the incredible beauty and maturity of Tasha and Rookie Rachel, the technique of Daphne and Hannah, the adorableness and professionalism of Bridget - her shortcomings are readily apparent.

I was going to say something along these lines. But you know what. I'm still trying to find my feet on this board (and on this show) so I think I'll just keep reading this over and over again because it really does hit the mark in my opinion.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Was that in a previous episode and I don't remember it (which is entirely possible) or tonight's episode which I am SO excited to watch but have to wait until iTunes pops it up.

In many years, she's struggled to find enough girls who are pretty and can dance so, while she would LIKE a squad of 40, she wouldn't have been able to legitimately been able to find that many.  This year would have been an exception if Victoria had been cut MUCH earlier in the season and not dragged to the end in the hopes that enough other girls screwed up so she could get a spot without having to cut her or expand the squad JUST so she could have a spot.

There have been MANY girls on the squad who have been 18 when they made the squad (Lacey, Jenna, Brooke Sorenson, and Dara McFarlane to name a few) and have been mature for their age.  I think it's Victoria's general behavior overall as well as Kelli's overtly blatant favoritism towards her (which Victoria couldn't help to a degree, but certainly took advantage of) that turned people off.  I don't know about anyone else, but if I was shown such favoritism (either in a job search or actually AT my work), I'd at least make sure I'd get at least a second and third opinion from other people who I know are aware of the situation and WON"T sugar coat their answers to make sure that what I'm experiencing is what's actually going on.  If it is, I'd ask that it please stop because it's hurting me rather than helping me and not allowing me to grow, change and expand my role in the company.  It's not in my nature just as making sure I really AM tougher on those I have a personal or lifelong connection to in order to make sure that they've earned the spot instead of my input being the reason they GOT the spot.

I thought Brooke cheered for a FL team (can't remember if it was football or something else) before becoming a DCC. If so that would make her older than 18 - unless that team allowed younger than 18,

• Love 3

Can’t believe this was up so early on Amazon.  The Tara cut was as sad as you all said.  It seemed to affect the vets pretty hard.

Malena - ridiculous.  I don’t feel sorry for Kelli when a cut is that obvious.  

VK - I hope there was more said behind the scenes regarding her behavior, but somehow I don’t think so.  Too many enablers.

Meredith looked tired.  Sarah looked good.

Amy - how does she do it all?  When does she sleep?  She’s adorable and I think she’s doing great as a GL.

• Love 13

Tara truly seemed blindsided by her cut. I hope whatever she chooses to do next brings her much happiness.

I know I feel differently from many here (besides really liking Christina, lol) about V.K.  I think she handled her cut in a very mature way. The "I love you more" to Judy was very sweet. Much of the blame for any spoiled behaviors rests on the adults who have been around her and have sheltered her from corrections and harsh realities. She learned tonight that there are no guarantees in life and I saw she made no excuses and in fact tried to lessen the pain of Kelly and Judy. I know now that VK has a kind heart. If/when she tries out again and has internalized that discipline and hard work is the way to obtain your dreams, I will be cheering for her.

On a final note, I'm a bit ticked off at CMT for suddenly giving Brennan a bad edit just to make viewers wonder if she in fact will be the one cut. There is enough drama for viewers (and especially for those of us on this board) without that nonsense. 

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I know I feel differently from many here (besides really liking Christina, lol) about V.K.  I think she handled her cut in a very mature way. The "I love you more" to Judy was very sweet. Much of the blame for any spoiled behaviors rests on the adults who have been around her and have sheltered her from corrections and harsh realities. She learned tonight that there are no guarantees in life and I saw she made no excuses and in fact tried to lessen the pain of Kelly and Judy. I know now that VK has a kind heart. If/when she tries out again and has internalized that discipline and hard work is the way to obtain your dreams, I will be cheering for her.

I cannot blame or dislike Victoria for staying until the very end.  She stayed until Kelli let her go, which is what anyone would do regardless of their immaturity, weight gain, etc.  Internally I think she knew she wasn't really ready.  

Well--there was that one girl that quit before they sent her home (so she could study anatomy and physiology).

I have to agree with Judy's post about us not seeing what really takes place.  

I hope Kelli and Judy at least had a beer or two or three after finally making that last cut.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

I did a quick search on Meredith and this page turned up.  Not sure what to think about her maternity pictures on the floor wearing nothing but the U.S. flag.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.625900357433792&type=1&l=95e1fc4c83

1097195_625904510766710_1248560600_o.thumb.jpg.66062a0e6d40261f8469a7cff4404ceb.jpg

Not sure how I feel about seeing OUR FLAG on the ground; it should never touch the ground. The concept of the picture (nude pregnant woman draped under cloth) isn’t off-putting; it’s oft repeated especially in classical art and can be quite tasteful and beautiful.  Seeing the Stars and Stripes on that cloth WHILE it is on the floor is a real game changer though.  That’s just my two cents having served 20+ years in the military.

Do I think Meredith needs to be thrown in the clink or bring the outrage machine to life over it? Naw, absolutely not...but maybe a gentle reminder is in store especially since these talented women often participate in morale and welfare events at military installations.

• Love 23

I think the flag photo is rather odd too, especially with it touching the ground.  She and her husband work for the Government (I think connected loosely to the military).  Which makes it even weirder.

I really don't want to see anyone's pregnant belly.  Back to the old days of those big frocks that hide it from the general public!

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I cannot blame or dislike Victoria for staying until the very end.  She stayed until Kelli let her go, which is what anyone would do regardless of their immaturity, weight gain, etc.  Internally I think she knew she wasn't really ready.  

Well--there was that one girl that quit before they sent her home (so she could study anatomy and physiology).

I hope Kelli and Judy at least had a beer or two or three after finally making that last cut.

All of this! I really hope Victoria comes back and kicks a** next year!! I'm rooting for her :) I would love to see Tara try to come back next year as well...but I doubt she will.  :(

• Love 5
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

I did a quick search on Meredith and this page turned up.  Not sure what to think about her maternity pictures on the floor wearing nothing but the U.S. flag.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.625900357433792&type=1&l=95e1fc4c83

1097195_625904510766710_1248560600_o.thumb.jpg.66062a0e6d40261f8469a7cff4404ceb.jpg

I don’t understand these photos at all. I have several things to say, but I’m going to refrain because I don’t feel like arguing on the boards today. ?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, VagueUsername said:

So called insiders repeatedly said Tara was cut for weight as well as being outdanced. Kelli very clearly stated in Tara’s first office visit that she was ten pounds up in weight. Her weight contributed as did other factors.

Victoria did lie. It was discussed, if gingerly, in the meeting with Jinelle. The situation was heavily glossed over just like a lot of things have been this season. Her cut wasn’t based on one event. It was the culmination of all of her issues that got her cut.

Kelli said that Jinelle has made appointments with a nutritionist and a doctor for Victoria and Victoria didn’t respond to Jinelles texts. That’s exactly what the insider was saying, even to the part of who she was supposed to see. 

That scene was heavily edited but Kelli did say she didn’t want to accuse anyone of dishonesty earlier in the episode.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

We saw plenty of what takes place. We saw Victoria flailing from the beginning, judges not even wanting her in finals and guest experts saying she should go.  We saw Victoria not improving.

There is no way she would have been kept this long if she was anyone else.

It’s not a great endorsement for their show when they admit that the edit isn’t showing reality. 

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Tara truly seemed blindsided by her cut. I hope whatever she chooses to do next brings her much happiness.

On a final note, I'm a bit ticked off at CMT for suddenly giving Brennan a bad edit just to make viewers wonder if she in fact will be the one cut. There is enough drama for viewers (and especially for those of us on this board) without that nonsense. 

Where was Victoria’s kind heart with Jinelle? She’s nice to people she’s known all her life. That’s not proof of anything regarding her character.

I’m sticking with my prediction she struggles with her weight, her sense of entitlement and her sloppy dancing next year as well. After saying Victoria’s issues were comprehensive,  Kelli practically guaranteed her a spot during her cut, something she’s rarely if ever done before. The closest she came in the past was Vivian where she gave her a “let’s make a deal for next year” regarding her weight.

I agree with Tara and Brennan. The edits been so weird.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, rose711 said:

We saw plenty of what takes place. We saw Victoria flailing from the beginning, judges not even wanting her in finals and guest experts saying she should go.  We saw Victoria not improving.

There is no way she would have been kept this long if she was anyone else.

It’s not a great endorsement for their show when they admit that the edit isn’t showing reality. 

Yea, I don't really buy the "it's so hard, you don't see everything going on" line, when they finally cut the ones the viewers have said needed to go for a long time. Sure, viewers don't always get it right, but there's always one or two that seem so obvious to everyone except K & J. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

Judy posted on the live tweet happening, that it broke hers too.  I have 2.5 hours to go to be able to see it and really don't think I'm going to be good to watch this scene.  Everyone's posts make it sound so heartrending.  What was the reason?

Believe it or not, there didn't seem to be a reason. She didn't "pop". So much had been edited out. Kelli starts with I want you to understand our reasoning, and then it is tonight is your last night. It was crazy! And VERY sad!

• Love 7