Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E07: Gotta Risk It for the Biscuit

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Reminder: there is NO preview talk in episode threads.  Any mention of the previews in your posts will cause the posts to be removed.  Previews can be discussed in the Preview & Speculation thread.

(edited)

Woo hoo!  That's one obnoxious, smug jerk down, 3 or 4 or more to go!

Well played, editors. I had no doubt it was going to be Libby going. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20
(edited)

Some more thoughts:

Brad is such an ass.  I take that back, using his words, he’s a total dick.  Part of me is very curious how horrible he would have blown a jury final 3 argument.  That might have been TV gold.  But thank you Chelsea and Dom for not doing the stupid Naviti strong.  I was getting worried with all the talk about voting Brad out and Donathan getting so much airtime he was going to be the one to go.  Or it was going to be a Libby blindside since that’s who Dom wanted gone last week.  So yay NuNuNaviti!  Didn’t think I’d be that lucky tonight.  I loved how Brad went from ‘there’s no divide, we all love to each other’ to Donathan ‘I don’t know if I’d say we’re a happy family.’  If Donathan hadn’t been outnumbered, he might have said more. 

Amazing episode except for Kellyn getting an advantage at Ghost Island.  Hope the curse isn’t reversed for her.  Can’t wait to see the look on her face next week when she sees her beloved Brad is gone and Dom/Chelsea voted against him.  Hope she’s the next to go.  I don’t know when she was ever a sweet girl that everyone liked.  I can’t feel sorry for NuMalolo, or NuNuMalolo because they made bad decisions in who to vote off.  Old Naviti wanted numbers over strength.  I get it, but that’s the consequence. 

Des must not realize that 3 against 1 is a moot point when the 1 in that equation has an idol.  Angela seemed to be the only one concerned about him finding it.  I was glad that happened early on, so I could watch the episode a little easier tonight.  Not that it mattered, but glad Michael has it going forward. 

I am loving Wendell, and he seems very smart at the game, so I hope he continues to get more airtime.  3 idols in play, and for once, all 3 idols are with people I like.  But what the heck, he got clues?  Didn’t Dom and Michael just find theirs?  And that’s one hell of a HII to hide, considering it’s a former immunity necklace.

Des with the “we might be the most losing tribe in Survivor…” again, somewhere out there in TV land the former members of Ulong are waving their hands and going “excuse us!”  And side note, but I really hate cutting to a commercial as the tribes are walking to TC.  It kind of kills the momentum.

Speaking of idols, how the Hell is Wendel supposed to hide that big ass necklace? It looked like he just re-buried it. I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before over the years but, I apologize, I can't remember the answer: If someone were to come along and randomly find an idol that someone else had already found but hid, could the new person claim the idol? I'm assuming the answer is yes.

Thought the same thing about Wendell.  From what I understand, if someone finds an idol buried that is already claimed, no, they can not take it.  Malcolm/Corinne found that idol in Caramoan together, and it was buried on the Favorites beach.  When Corinne knew she was in danger of being voted off, she went to get it, but production told her that technically Malcolm had it first despite the fact that they found it together and buried it together.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Speaking of idols, how the Hell is Wendel supposed to hide that big ass necklace? It looked like he just re-buried it. I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before over the years but, I apologize, I can't remember the answer: If someone were to come along and randomly find an idol that someone else had already found but hid, could the new person claim the idol? I'm assuming the answer is yes.

I don't believe the new person could claim an idol that has been already found by someone else.

Poor Sebastian can't seem to keep his tongue in his mouth.

I wonder who Jenna was trying to smile at when her new tribe saw the other tribe that had won immunity last week (the Domenick, Bradley, Chelsea, Donathan and Libby tribe), right before reward? Donathan? Libby?

• Love 4

Yay the dick is gone!!!  I squealed when Michael found the idol..which turned to consternation when I saw it was the "stick"..but then turned back to happiness when he said it was an official immunity idol.

I did also scream when Michael got the rings on during the immunity challenge.  I guess burning the flag did do something for Malolo's psyche.

• Love 24
(edited)

Ha-Ha!!!!!!!! God, ,I love this show. Bye Bradley - hope to see you never! 

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I can type coherently. Awesome episode. I was really happy for Michael to get that Immunity Win. The other women on the tribe I don't really care about so much but dude has really had some crappy luck with swaps and all, so it was nice to see him have some string of good luck tonight with first finding the idol and then his tribe winning immunity. Kellyn continues to be whiny and annoying. 

Interestingly, I have a feeling that Libby will indeed prove dangerous for others. Girl definitely looks like she has some game and a sneaky side to her. So I understood Dominik's struggle with the vote. But it's a testament to just how fucking annoying Bradley was that Dom was willing to take his chance with  Libby who has already screwed him over in the past and vote out Bradley who despite his annoyance, he had been working with. 

I have a feeling the merge is coming soon and if that's the case, will be interesting to see what happens with Micheal having an idol, Wendell having one and Kellyn having an advantage. Should be interesting. And I'll be curious if all this Naviti strong crap will last since we know Chris and Dom have been coming for each other since Week 1. 

eta: I loved when Bradley in his ITM said he was trying to not be a dick and all I could think was, "too late, you've failed at that".

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Nope. That idol is Wendell's. The only thing he is risking by hiding it is someone finding it but being told (by a producer) that it already belongs to someone else.  Though the producer will not say who it is that actually found it first.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I don't believe the new person could claim an idol that has been already found by someone else.

But how would they know? If someone were to find the necklace that Wendell buried, would production or someone tell him it belongs to someone else? That seems like unfair interference since the 2nd person would now know that someone on his tribe has an idol. I think that if you find an idol but hide it somewhere on the island, it should be fair game.

Edited by Rachel RSL
I like Wendell enough to spell his name correctly
  • Love 6

I feel like Ghost Island (the season or the island itself) needs a sign: Welcome to Ghost Island. ___ days without crying. We're on ... three days now, right? New record!

Amazing what a good episode of TV can come from people just strategizing and playing the game and not rending their garments about how hard their lives are.

• Love 17

Have we ever felt that Probst would try to go down on himself? Or disappear up his own ass? Because I think Bradley demonstrated his ability to do those things. He strikes me as education, but he's a social illiterate. He could not read a room to save his life.

Yay, it's The Season Of The Magic Sticks! "Over the last ten years, something magical happened on Ghost Island, as this relic turned into an actual immunity idol." Fuck all the way off, Survivor. Seriously, how many people now have idols? Three in one episode has to be a record. On the bright side, we get to be reminded of the genius that was Jason Siska. I'll say what I said back then: only thing missing when he found the "idol" was Carlos Mencia jumping out of the bushes, yelling, "DEE DEE DEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" Such a dumbass. Nice twist that all three people who touched the stick wound up getting bounced in short order.

Yay, Malolo won! Whatever. One of the tribes sounds like "Who Knew Ya?" That's all I got.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

But how would they know? If someone were to find the necklace that Wendel buried, would production or someone tell him it belongs to someone else? That seems like unfair interference since the 2nd person would now know that someone on his tribe has an idol. I think that if you find an idol but hide it somewhere on the island, it should be fair game.

I think production does tell them.  I don't ever remember hearing of a case where that happened, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.  I tend to agree, if it's in their personal possessions (like a backpack), then no, but leaving it buried out there should be a risk they take that someone else won't find it.

• Love 3

I wonder if Dom was going to vote for Libby and changed his mind back to Clueless Dick Bradley when he mouthed off at TC.  He had an "Oh you idiot" look on his face.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I feel like Ghost Island (the season or the island itself) needs a sign: Welcome to Ghost Island. ___ days without crying. We're on ... three days now, right? New record!

Amazing what a good episode of TV can come from people just strategizing and playing the game and not rending their garments about how hard their lives are.

Kellyn cried when she won the advantage on Ghost Island so re-set that sign to 0!

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Yay the dick is gone!!!  I squealed when Michael found the idol..which turned to consternation when I saw it was the "stick"..but then turned back to happiness when he said it was an official immunity idol.

I did also scream when Michael got the rings on during the immunity challenge.  I guess burning the flag did do something for Malolo's psyche.

Michael is adorable,  would be great if he won.  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Kellyn cried when she won the advantage on Ghost Island so re-set that sign to 0!

Can't wait to see her expression when she sees Bradley is gone!

She and Bradley are the epitome of Naviti arrogance. 

• Love 24
16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

except for Kellyn getting an advantage at Ghost Island.  Hope the curse isn’t reversed for her.  Can’t wait to see the look on her face next week when she sees her beloved Brad is gone and Dom/Chelsea voted against him.  Hope she’s the next to go.  I don’t know when she was ever a sweet girl that everyone liked. 

I laughed when she described herself as that. Looking forward to her getting voted off. 

So happy that the banner-burning reversed the curse not just for the tribe but for the season.

Ding Dong the Dick is Gone. Thank you, Show, for even making me think that it would be Libby because I wanted Bradley gone so much.

And both Michael and Wendell finding idols? If they can get Laurel in with them (and maybe Donathan) I'd be thrilled.

• Love 18
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Ah, I forgot about that! And she won the advantage that sent Michaela home (the second time).

What would Michaela, she of "if you can't figure out how to work together, you deserve to go home," think of all this crying?

FalseAllAfghanhound-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 15
(edited)

I rewound the Immunity Challenge, because the ending of it made me cry, and I caught that Sebastian was SO happy for Malolo! Then I cried again.

29683310_10105957258388512_1673139514140262400_o.jpg

This was a great episode because I finally paid attention to see why people hate Bradley and find Kellyn annoying.  

Wendell, and his thighs, were beautiful.

Donathan is savvier than he appears.  (Maybe just to me, I wasn't sure what to think about him.)

I can't help but assume that Chelsea is very boring.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 23

Ha, this episode title is great!

I'm so glad it was Bradley. I was a bit surprised, however. After weeks of the vote not going my way, I'd just come to expect that same blind tribal loyalty. 

And I don't think it would have even been stupid to keep him. His social game was such shit, he'd be a perfect goat. And he wouldn't even know it. Dude had no self-awareness. He's going on at Tribal about the best way to engage in a back and forth is to argue with people??? But....he doesn't like to play Devil's advocate allll the time. Sure, Jan. Did you hear those crickets? They're chirping for you. 

Even upon being blindsided he still didn't get it. He thinks it's just because he is "confident" and that comes off badly. No. Confident doesn't mean to CLAP at another human being to get them to move faster. He's arrogant, obtuse, and bossy. 

See ya!

I was glad to see GI back. Not that thrilled that Kellyn was the recipient of the advantage, though. She grates. 

THRILLED my boys, Michael and Wendell, both got Idols. And the fucking, stupid stick Idol? Thank you, sweet Jesus.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Ha, this episode title is great!

I'm so glad it was Bradley. I was a bit surprised, however. After weeks of the vote not going my way, I'd just come to expect that same blind tribal loyalty. 

And I don't think it would have even been stupid to keep him. His social game was such shit, he'd be a perfect goat. And he wouldn't even know it. Dude had no self-awareness. He's going on at Tribal about the best way to engage in a back and forth is to argue with people??? But....he doesn't like to play Devil's advocate allll the time. Sure, Jan. Did you hear those crickets? They're chirping for you. 

Even upon being blindsided he still didn't get it. He thinks it's just because he is "confident" and that comes off badly. No. Confident doesn't mean to CLAP at another human being to get them to move faster. He's arrogant, obtuse, and bossy. 

See ya!

I was glad to see GI back. Not that thrilled that Kellyn was the recipient of the advantage, though. She grates. 

THRILLED my boys, Michael and Wendell, both got Idols. And the fucking, stupid stick Idol? Thank you, sweet Jesus.

Kellyn doesn’t annoy me like she does others. She’s a little too sensitive but overall I like her. I think I’m in the minority on that though. Michael lives to see another day. Obviously, he’s going to win now. LOL!!!! Wendell found a huge immunity necklace. How does one hide that in their pocket or crotch? 

• Love 1
(edited)

So Chelsea has been allied with Bradley the entire game and seemed to have no qualms whatsoever turning on him and voting him out.

Libby votes out Morgan (who she liked but was never aligned with) and everyone seems to think she is a ruthless devil. lol

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Amazing episode except for Kellyn getting an advantage at Ghost Island.  Hope the curse isn’t reversed for her.  Can’t wait to see the look on her face next week when she sees her beloved Brad is gone and Dom/Chelsea voted against him.  Hope she’s the next to go.  I don’t know when she was ever a sweet girl that everyone liked.

OMG, no kidding, way to have NO idea how people perceive you. She deserved to have a director yell 'CUT!!' from off screen, bring out her torch and snuff it right there. Unfortunately that will have to wait andit could be a long wait since everyone likes her *eye roll*

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Michael can hide the fucking stick in plain sight and no one will know it's a HII.

You could hide the fucking stick (Hee!) in plain sight but you wouldn't want it burned up with the firewood... people would wonder why you're plunging into the fire to pull out a stick!

Bradley was SUCH an ass tonight I thought for sure we were being swerved again to be let down when they stayed 'Niviti Strong' and voted out Ellie Mae. It was great to see how he retained his clueless-ness throughout to the tune of his "Even >I< don't like 'that guy'" while he was BEING 'that guy' just by saying it!! Seeya Bradley I'm sorry that a little thing like being voted out before the merge kept you from winning.

• Love 18
(edited)

Dom is starting to grow on me.  It’s like he came in playing a character, but now we are seeing the real him.  Then again, that could change again if he and Chris both make it to the merge.

and happy with the two idol finders.   

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

OMG, no kidding, way to have NO idea how people perceive you. She deserved to have a director yell 'CUT!!' from off screen, bring out her torch and snuff it right there. Unfortunately that will have to wait andit could be a long wait since everyone likes her *eye roll*

Kellyn is not wrong though. Every single person that has been voted out of the game so far have all said how much they love Kellyn.

Now the viewing audience is another story.

• Love 6

So hopeful that this is a turning point in this season. My favorites had good things happen- Michael and Wendell found idols and Lauren stayed safe. Got to see my favourite Survivor scene of Eliza telling Jason that that stick was not an idol (I actually gasped when Michael unwrapped it).

And, at last, someone I didn't like was sent home. Not sad to see you and your massive ego both voted out, Bradley.

To use a much overused phrase- maybe this episode will reverse the curse of this season.

• Love 9

So glad to see the dick, Bradley get voted out. I was ready to see that prick go for a while now. 

Good on Michael finding an idol, even though it's that "it's a f****** stick." I loved that he found one being he's on the outs on the tribe. 

Bad that Kellyn got an advantage at Ghost Island. I hope she misuses the advantage and gets sent home with it. No reverse the curse with you.

• Love 8

So glad that Bradley was the boot. He’s seemed like a bossy know-it-all for a few weeks now. But I couldn’t believe that he actually clapped at Donathan when Don didn’t do what he said right away (after the reward challenge).  That made me ?!

• Love 8

It looks like this season is going to be an entertaining one post-merge. LIke everyone else, I enjoyed watching Bradley get his torch snuffed. I can't imagine he enjoyed his edit. I'm also happy that Michael wouldn't have been in any danger if Malolo had ended up back at Tribal Council—though I still think he might be ahead of Angela in the pecking order. I'm looking forward to seeing the reactions of Kellyn and Desiree next week when they see that Bradley is gone. It's clear that not all the original Navitis are on board with their "Naviti strong" voting strategy, and we still have the Domenick/Chris show-down coming.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Kellyn doesn’t annoy me like she does others. She’s a little too sensitive but overall I like her. I think I’m in the minority on that though.

I'm in that minority, too. She's not my favorite player this season, but she's fine. I like players who make good moves for themselves, and as much as I disliked the "Naviti strong" group on Malolo 2, I can't say it was a bad strategy for Kellyn's own game. Same with not giving up her vote at Tribal Council in order to gain an advantage on Ghost Island. The first time she went, her group had only one more person than the original Malolo group. I think she made the right call in keeping it and not taking a 1/3 shot at an advantage.

1 hour ago, LanceM said:

So Chelsea has been allied with Bradley the entire game and seemed to have no qualms whatsoever turning on him and voting him out.

Libby votes out Morgan (who she liked but was never aligned with) and everyone seems to think she is a ruthless devil. lol

Excellent point. I wonder if Chelsea was going along with the original Naviti on Malolo 2 just to get along. It's unlikely she would have gained much from flipping to save the original Malolo, and—as with Kellyn—staying "Naviti strong" gave her an easy way of staying in the game.

Domenick makes me think of a less hyperactive Tony. Both are emotional players (who are magnets for idols and advantages), both tell pointless lies (Tony's "I'm not a cop...wait, yes I am, which means you can trust me, fellow cop," and Domenick's "Here's a fake idol, accompanied by the paper that shows that I definitely found a real one."), and both seem to get along with their tribemates, generally speaking. The fact that he and his allies on Naviti 2 decided to try to get out Angela (who was also originally on Naviti) shows that he was never going to be fully on board with Bradley's "Naviti strong" pitch in the first place. Given that Bradley was unpleasant to be around, and also couldn't make a better argument for voting out someone Domenick has been on a tribe with longer than he's been on a tribe with Bradley, I'm not surprised he wrote Bradley's name down. Though, as @ghoulina pointed out upthread, he may have overlooked Bradley's goat potential.

• Love 7

I'm tempted to think that they should have kept Bradley only for the fact that he was going to annoy everyone all the time and thus be an easy vote at any point and he had no chance of winning. That said - happy to see him go - No you are not a "confident" person B you are a dick.

• Love 11
(edited)

It's strange that Wendell went looking for the idol in long pants and a long sleeve shirt, then all of a sudden he was in a different shirt and shorts right before he dug up the idol. Maybe they had him reenact the discovery for some reason, but why the change in clothes? You'd think they would keep track of that detail. The idols found by Michael and Wendell certainly were not hidden well. They seemed to be popping right out of the ground. The discovery of idols has always seemed fishy to me, and this time it seemed obvious that it was just too easy to find them.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Kenz said:

It's strange that Wendell went looking for the idol in long pants and a long sleeve shirt, then all of a sudden he was in a different shirt and shorts right before he dug up the idol. Maybe they had him reenact the discovery for some reason, but why the change in clothes? The idols found by Michael and Wendell certainly were not hidden well. They seemed to be popping right out of the ground. The discovery of idols has always seemed fishy to me, and this time it seemed obvious that it was just too easy to find them.

It’s amazing how they magically appeared on the ground. Obviously, Survivor wanted them to be found. Of course, it is guys who find them. Either the woman don’t go idol hunting or they’re terrible at finding them. I don’t know what the odds are but I’m guessing it’s 10 to 1 in favor of men finding them. I don’t know why that is but that’s my impression. Any ideas?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Last week there was a question about maybe Michael came up on the losing side of challenges because he sucks?  I think he held his own tonight.  And part of "sucking" may be participating in bad group decisions - it seemed like they originally planned for 2 of the women to throw rings and keep Michael in the water to retrieve the missed ones - I was glad that they recognized that that was not working and switched places so he could throw!

• Love 5

I can't imagine what Bradley is like in his everyday life if he's so aware he acts like a dick. He must be a nightmare to be around, why didn't he stop himself? And on a shallow note, I hate his mouth.

• Love 10

Yeah, first thing I noticed was one HII you could carry out in the open and not even bother to hide, and no one would care. Then the other one is the size of a steering wheel and can't be concealed at all.

Did anyone else notice Wendell posing after every shot on the sixth ring? Then he kept missing. Then he pranced around like a hotshot when he finally made it. Just a funny sequence. Almost as funny as Donathan not being able to uncap the pen.

• Love 4