Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E07: Gotta Risk It for the Biscuit

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I’m happy Bradley is gone, but on the other hand, since I knew he had no shot at winning the game (even though he thought he totally did), I really enjoyed smirking over how out-of-touch he was with how he came across and presented himself. No self-awareness whatsoever! He reminded me of my soon-to-be-former boss who repeatedly tells us she’s emotionally intelligent and very intuitive and we can’t figure out if she actually understands what those words actually mean. I’ll miss laughing at him!

Well, the good news is that Chris is still around to fill your needs!

• Love 13

Last night's blindside was classic Survivor and one of the reasons I still watch after all these years. Seeing that obnoxious twerp, Bradley, get voted off when he thought he was smarter than everyone else was beautiful. I didn't care for Dom at the beginning of the season but after last night I'm on board and think he's playing a great game. We'll see what happens after the merge. I hope he doesn't get sidetracked by his loathing of Chris and lose focus. He could go to the end. We'll see.

• Love 7

Once again, someone who was just plain surprised to be voted out claimed they were 'blindsided'. And in his final words, did he actually say, 'If I had made the merge, I would've won.'? Dude, that's the point. They voted you out before the merge because they just plain didn't want you there anymore, so you couldn't have won. It's the same as saying, 'I would've won if I hadn't been voted out first.'

I like this season. Now that I'm learning names, I like Michael, Dom, Wendell, Laurel and Desiree. Actually, I've liked them all along. I just didn't know their names before. Hope I got 'em right.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gummo said:

I don't care what a great goat Bradley would have been, keeping such an obnoxious, whiny, unpleasant dickhead around 24/7 just isn't worth it. You're not only playing for a million dollars -- which, let's face it, only 1 person can win -- you're also having the adventure of a lifetime, and that's too precious to let it be ruined by a Bradley or a Russell Hantz or any other completely negative and/or sadistic and/or spiteful person.

The problem with choosing to keep someone around because they will make a great goat, is that then you are into goat management.  Because whatever qualities they have that make them a perfect goat, mean that people will want to get rid of them.  So, you're not just playing your game to win, you are also actively keeping everyone else from voting out your goat, while simultaneously keeping your goat from making any wrong moves.

Bye Bye Bradley

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I had compared it to Spooky Island in Raja Gosnell’s Scooby Doo movie but now it’s reminding me of the Brady Bunch episode where they went to Hawaii and uncovered a cursed relic.  

No one ever gets my Brady Bunch talisman references. Love to see it pop up here. :)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Special K said:

JP on Dom:  "That's not a dive, that's not even a jump!  I don't know what that is!"

Thanks for the reminder,  that was hilarious!  But seriously,  he looked like he was pushed off the platform. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, NutMeg said:

At least, Bradley was aware that he's a dick. 

Right! He knows he's a dick, he just stupidly thought he was hiding it out there. So sure, only a modicum of self-awareness, but hey it's more than Chris has!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, himela said:

When you have an unlikeable person you don't vote them out! You take them to the end because they will take 0 votes because .... wait for it ..... nobody likes them! Duh! Such a huge mistake!

Not when they are likely to team up with your mortal enemy from day one, Chris, (who will be gunning for Dom as soon as they merge) and are tight with Sea Bass, Chris, and Kellyn and Des - in that instance, Naviti strong means see ya Dom.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the players have started to realize keeping a couple goats limits their own odds at making it to the end.

I don't have the same memory as many of you regarding the seasons, but as I recall it was way back when Cirie got off the couch for her first season (back when there was a final two) and realized that Courtney was the most dangerous player at that point, because everyone else wanted to take her to the final TC. So she came up with that brilliant plan to tell different players different things, and created that 8-2-4-7-1-3 split to get Courtney out.

That was a blindside. So was Edgardo's. Who can ever forget Alex's "Oh, shit!' face?

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 6

Thank you editors:

Rope-pulling challenge with everyone yelling "Go tighter" to Wendell, complete with close up of his well-enclosed crotch.

(And Libby, those frilly knickers were, for some reason, popular in the UK in the 60s. And were for boys. And came in colours suited to Survivor.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mikewho said:

I don't have the same memory as many of you regarding the seasons, but as I recall it was way back when Cirie got off the couch for her first season (back when there was a final two) and realized that Courtney was the most dangerous player at that point, because everyone else wanted to take her to the final TC. So she came up with that brilliant plan to tell different players different things, and created that 8-2-4-7-1-3 split to get Courtney out.

That was a blindside. So was Edgardo's. Who can ever forget Alex's "Oh, shit!' face?

Yes, this one too. That was brilliant.

• Love 1
(edited)

So apparently Chelsea has wanted Bradley gone since about day 2 according to Brad's hilarious and quite delusional interviews today.  He laso mentioned how he talked to Chelsea every day but didn't have a "real conversation" with her until about day 17. He said she refused to open up with him at all.  I guess Bradley is not familiar with the old saying "she is just not that into you". lol

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 7

I just watched the episode.  I like the corny legend of a fake idol or dud idol gaining special powers over the years on Ghost Island. At least there's some imagination. Ghost Island, graveyard of fake and misplayed idols, slowly gaining power over the years - sounds like a Lord of the Rings plot.

One highlight of the episode was Kellyn picking her nose on Ghost Island, around 13:27. Or else she stuck her finger in her mouth. Or else she picked her nose and stuck her finger in her mouth.  She sure blathers on, that sweet girl who everyone likes and whose philosophy of life is "everything I do is right because I follow my gut."

On the other hand, back in Naviti when they've just won a huge reward feast, Bradley barks, "Donathan!" and claps his hands, as though he's saying, "Fido! Fetch!" Where does he get off anyway? (I guess he got off the island for good!) Then the scene segues from one dick to another, here is Chris on the third tribe blabbing about something.

I was happy that Wendell's confessional about his girlfriend was not a confessional of doom, but am a little concerned his words about not being boneheaded about the idol won't be ironically prophetic. Like some of you, I wonder how he's going to hide it. Regarding taking it to tribal, I think they all have bags to keep stuff in, so he can fake concern about being voted off and bring his packed bag along to tribal, then pull out the idol. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Dominii said:

Kellyn, Jesus where did she come from??? She's the most unappealing player since Hatch, Heidick or Hantz. Something about her gives me the willies. Ick!kellynbechtold.thumb.jpg.4e17bf3411948b46d3b6df8977adec0d.jpg

I don't mind Kellyn, but she annoys the bejesus out of SimplyDad. I think she must come off differently in person. Also, there is a quality to her voice that makes it sound slightly shrill and whiny even when she's happy. And if course that combined with the producer-prompted "tell us your backstory" did her no favors. For the most part I've seen her make logical moves and be pleasant to people, and she seems to connect well with others. That was noticeable to me when she was talking to Angela before the vote that would pretty clearly either be James or Desi. But that voice leaves you with the word "whiner" ringing in your ears.

I also didn't mind her answering gut to Jeff's dumb question because it was a dumb question. "A bit of both" is a reasonable response. Again, I think her voice somehow made that whole thing more annoying than it should have been...

• Love 4

While watching the banner burning (to reverse the curse), I had an idea for a Survivor theme:  a Cursed Tribe season. There could be Malolo, Malcolm and Denise's tribe (season 25) and another cursed tribe like Pagong. And one of the tribes will reverse their curse!

I couldn't help wondering if Naviti was trying to lose the immunity challenge, especially with Domenick's tumbles into the water, then Donathan missing w/the rings. 

While enjoying the tribal council discussion, I noticed Bradley suddenly looking up and scratching his hair. So I wondered - was it starting to rain or did a bird drop one on Bradley's head? His face when Jeff read his name the second time . . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  It's always fun to see someone voted off who obnoxiously felt so safe.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

While watching the banner burning (to reverse the curse), I had an idea for a Survivor theme:  a Cursed Tribe season. There could be Malolo, Malcolm and Denise's tribe (season 25) and another cursed tribe like Pagong. And one of the tribes will reverse their curse!

I couldn't help wondering if Naviti was trying to lose the immunity challenge, especially with Domenick's tumbles into the water, then Donathan missing w/the rings. 

While enjoying the tribal council discussion, I noticed Bradley suddenly looking up and scratching his hair. So I wondered - was it starting to rain or did a bird drop one on Bradley's head? His face when Jeff read his name the second time . . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  It's always fun to see someone voted off who obnoxiously felt so safe.

The head scratching was so random and nothing became of it. I don’t know if he was trying distract everyone’s attention because he knew was being voted or something actually fell on his head. Of course, Bradley would say that he was such a threat even when scratching his head. Wait! I think he actually did say that. LOL!!!!

10 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Because whatever qualities they have that make them a perfect goat, mean that people will want to get rid of them.  So, you're not just playing your game to win, you are also actively keeping everyone else from voting out your goat, while simultaneously keeping your goat from making any wrong moves.

And that's exactly what Dom was weighing when considering the vote between Bradley and Libby.  He even commented about how keeping Bradley would affect his game.  Meaning he could be seen as "the guy that kept that dick around" which would tank his own game.  Or just simply seen as another dick, and thus a(nother) goat for someone else.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

His face when Jeff read his name the second time . . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  It's always fun to see someone voted off who obnoxiously felt so safe.

They should be thanking their lucky stars they voted Bradley out or he would have gone on a rant for hours, I bet, on who in hell voted for him.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, mikewho said:

And in his final words, did he actually say, 'If I had made the merge, I would've won.'? Dude, that's the point. They voted you out before the merge because they just plain didn't want you there anymore, so you couldn't have won. It's the same as saying, 'I would've won if I hadn't been voted out first.'

Yeah, if I'd've run that marathon faster, I would have won.  :)

• Love 8
On 4/5/2018 at 12:37 AM, ByaNose said:

It’s amazing how they magically appeared on the ground. Obviously, Survivor wanted them to be found. Of course, it is guys who find them. Either the woman don’t go idol hunting or they’re terrible at finding them. I don’t know what the odds are but I’m guessing it’s 10 to 1 in favor of men finding them. I don’t know why that is but that’s my impression. Any ideas?

Jeffy LOVES his Alpha males mostly and makes sure they get the idols 

10 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm on the same page. They could do a season of 2nd place people only--though that would involve a bunch of people I could not stand.

I also would not mind an all star season of all winners. That would eliminate the "vote this person out because they already won" and by now there are enough winners they could probably round up enough.

• Love 1
(edited)

I feel like people are being totally taken in by the editing.  Bradley wasn't voted out because Surivivor has suddently started editing the show to be a big popularlity contest.  He was voted out because Domenick didn't want Bradley and Kellyn to be a power couple post merge.  Bradley is probably sort of annoying but he was edited to seem much more so. 

AND Domenick threw the challenge to make sure that he could make that happen.  Why none of that is shown I have no idea.  But the fact that people love it doesn't bode well for fans like like me who don't like Big Brother etc.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2018 at 8:40 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wish we knew more about Libby and Chelsea.  There's no way, just using my own wits and memory, I could even figure out why Libby voting out Morgan was so bad.  I don't even know who Morgan is.  

I can't remember whose exit interview mentioned that Chelsea did absolutely nothing all day but Bradley said much the same thing in his exit interviews.  Lovely out in life but during the game did not share, speak or do much up till now.  Someone on here recently met Libby and said they weren't much impressed.  Bradley said he didn't understand the Domenick editing about LIbby.   Mentioned her trying to convice a cameraman that he could cure his acne with a honey something mask, "she was sort of in her own world".

Donathon mentioned it on Reddit and apparently Dominick talked about it somewhere as well. Plenty of people thought that he threw it with his crappy dives and swimming, it sure looked like he was not making his best effort. Donathon said that he intentionally blew the ring toss and Dominick blew the swim. The only person not in the know was suppose to be Libby.

I suspect the conversations were not shown or mentioned because it would have ruined the surprise of the Bradley vote out.

• Love 5

Tonight on SURVIVOR: The downfall of a man who would be king.

Not much of a choice for this viewer. Keep some nice eye candy or lose a card carrying tool.

In other news regarding Mike's idol (And I am saying this as someone who likes the guy) the producers must continually think we are either stupid or have never set foot in the vast out doors. How is it everytime one of their favorites desperately needs an idol they manage to find it in a sizable piece of terrain with out a little nudge and wink from the cameramen? Seriously, you wrap up a Timex watch or something in a piece of cloth and then go hide it ...doesn't matter if  its the Adirondacks or Central Park and tell me that its going to be miraculously found when needed?

Loved seeing Michaela again! One of my all time favorites!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, marys1000 said:

I feel like people are being totally taken in by the editing.  Bradley wasn't voted out because Surivivor has suddently started editing the show to be a big popularlity contest.  He was voted out because Domenick didn't want Bradley and Kellyn to be a power couple post merge.  Bradley is probably sort of annoying but he was edited to seem much more so. 

Well... TPTB can’t edit something that wasn’t there for the camera to capture in the first place.  I’d be more inclined to attribute Broodly’s elimination to a combination of the two; he was a significant post-merge strategic threat AND a raging dickoholic.  ;>

3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Donathon mentioned it on Reddit and apparently Dominick talked about it somewhere as well. Plenty of people thought that he threw it with his crappy dives and swimming, it sure looked like he was not making his best effort. Donathon said that he intentionally blew the ring toss and Dominick blew the swim. The only person not in the know was suppose to be Libby.

I suspect the conversations were not shown or mentioned because it would have ruined the surprise of the Bradley vote out.

Ah, the old “I meant to to that” defense....

Personally I thought many of Donathan’s pre-finish final throws were WAY too close to be deliberate attempts to throw the comp - but hey, maybe that’s just me.  ;)

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well... TPTB can’t edit something that wasn’t there for the camera to capture in the first place.  I’d be more inclined to attribute Broodly’s elimination to a combination of the two; he was a significant post-merge strategic threat AND a raging dickoholic.  ;>

But that's the point.  Is Bradley a raging dickaholic or is he being edited that way?  I agree with the post merge threat.  In one interview he says apparently Domenick talked a lot about getting either Bradley or kellyn out because they are too much of a threat together.  But we never see that.  Its all about what a dick he is, but dick vs a little irritating is in the edit and thats the bulk of what we got. 

They don't have converations without being recorded.  I'm pretty sure that Domenick and Donathan at least discussed throwing the challenge.  Yes that takes away some of the drama but so what,, they can edit that like an idea too and let us figure out what we think.  No hint of the strategy to break up Bradley and Kellyn.  

I think that's awful. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-ghost-island-bradley-kleihege-exit-interview-1100040

https://parade.com/659938/mikebloom/survivor-ghost-island-bradley-kleihege-dishes-the-dirt-on-his-game/

17 hours ago, simplyme said:

I also didn't mind her answering gut to Jeff's dumb question because it was a dumb question. "A bit of both" is a reasonable response. Again, I think her voice somehow made that whole thing more annoying than it should have been...

For me, it was more about how LONG her response was. If she had just said, "Eh, I think I'm a mix of both, Jeff". That would have been fine. But she rambled on and on like this was some serious subject matter that she felt compelled to educate everyone on. Again, I think she really loves to hear herself speak. 

50 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I agree with this. Aaaaand, I tend to believe his behavior was actually WORSE than we were shown, given that they don't show us that much of camp life these days. 

50 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Personally I thought many of Donathan’s pre-finish final throws were WAY too close to be deliberate attempts to throw the comp - but hey, maybe that’s just me.  ;)

I'm with you again. I actually thought for a pretty unathletic guy, Don was doing a great job with those rings. I never saw anything that seemed like intentional misses. 

12 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

But that's the point.  Is Bradley a raging dickaholic or is he being edited that way? 

Anyone who claps their hands at another person to get them to move faster is a raging dickaholic. So unless you think production actually edited some CGI clapping onto a scene of Bradley just wandering around camp, I'm inclined to believe he really is a raging dickaholic. 

• Love 15

I can fully believe that they took out Bradley because they were worried about him and Kellyn post-merge.  In fact I find that more satisfying, because it makes sense and because it means that Bradley actually was playing worse than it seemed -- according to the show, he had reassured Dom that they were together, but in fact he had not.

However I cannot believe he is not a jerk.  I am pretty sensitive to people being edited badly.  It's very easy to make people look bad by cutting in reaction-shot eyerolls or whatever that may have nothing to do with what they seem to be reacting to, or talking heads where they ask "Hey Bradley, tell me the good points and the bad points about X" and then just air the bad points.  But that's not at all what happened with Bradley.  He was constantly being an outright dick, in scenes where we could see everybody and the whole conversation at once.  Dude sucks and there's no getting around it.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, KimberStormer said:

However I cannot believe [Bradley] is not a jerk ... He was constantly being an outright dick, in scenes where we could see everybody and the whole conversation at once.  Dude sucks and there's no getting around it.

This. Also, he is an outright dick in every post-boot interview I've read. Sometimes a spade is just a spade and it's not unfair editing making people into something they aren't at all.

Although, BB season 8 will really show you just how easily they can make the worst people ever into someone casual fans will buy as a hero.

But still, there's no way Bradley isn't an asshole.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
(edited)

You have to always take what these players say in their exit interviews with a huge shaker of salt.  They always seem to embellish their games and to dismiss the games others are playing especially players they either don't respect or like.  In Bradley's case it is Chelsea who he has been trashing in his interviews as someone who was not playing at all out there. Well it turns out Chelsea had  a secret scene for last night's episode which kind of shatters that idea in my opinion. It also somewhat backs up Bradley's claim that he was a strategic threat.  In her confessional Chelsea notes that she had bonded with Libby and Donathon more in six days than she had with Bradley the entire game. She describes Bradley as someone who was not good ally to her and someone who had targeted her previously.  She also that he was a good strategist who once the merge hit would hook back up again with Kellyn and Wendell and that she would probably be one of his first targets.  To prevent this happening she decided that it was in the best interest to her game to vote him out now rather than give him a chance to vote her out after the merge.  She also mentioned that Libby didn't have many options out there other than the few remaining Malolos so therefore Libby would be a good ally for her going forward.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 12

But what really bothered me the most about it, was that because Donathan is poor and comes from a hill billy sort of area and has a thick accent, Bradley instantly considered himself to be Donathan's superior, and therefore Donathan should serve Bradley and instantly obey his every command.  Sure, Bradley was rude to everyone on the tribe, but he treated Donathan worse than the rest because of his supposed social inferiority.  And Donathan knew it.  You could see it in his eyes.  He resented being treated that way, but there was also a little whisper of "maybe I deserve it" which made me want to hug him.

Yes! I wasnt the biggest fan of Donathan until that scene. Now I just want to protect him and it’s hyper guys like Dom who will be the first to jump out and protect him too. I guess thats  why I loved Dom this episode; while I know he was just trying to get himself further in the game, I’m so glad that his choice got rid of someone like Bradley.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't think there's any definitive answer.  We'd all except one swear Abi Maria was a nutcase attention hog but that one knows her better than anyone and believes she's a sweetheart.  I say to each his own interpretation.  I'm not the ultimate judge of character, especially of people I've never met.  

Nothing says the two are mutually exclusive.  Some of the girls I dated in college were the sweetest people I've ever known in this world - which didn't mean they weren't also crazier than shithouse rats.

• Love 8
On 4/6/2018 at 9:20 AM, RedbirdNelly said:
On 4/5/2018 at 10:44 PM, Lamb18 said:

I'm on the same page. They could do a season of 2nd place people only--though that would involve a bunch of people I could not stand.

I also would not mind an all star season of all winners. That would eliminate the "vote this person out because they already won" and by now there are enough winners they could probably round up enough.

I always felt I would love to see a season made up only of first boots. Those people would be thrilled just to get past the first week, and none of them ever really got to play the game. It would be so interesting to me and would make them all feel better (except the one who would be first off again!)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't think there's any definitive answer.  We'd all except one swear Abi Maria was a nutcase attention hog but that one knows her better than anyone and believes she's a sweetheart.  I say to each his own interpretation.  I'm not the ultimate judge of character, especially of people I've never met.  

I'm sorry, but I'm never gonna see how someone who would clap at another human being to get him to do something is not an asshole.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm with you again. I actually thought for a pretty unathletic guy, Don was doing a great job with those rings. I never saw anything that seemed like intentional misses. 

Domenick threw a bunch of the rings, it just wasn't shown.  

15 hours ago, Paws said:

Yes! I wasnt the biggest fan of Donathan until that scene. Now I just want to protect him and it’s hyper guys like Dom who will be the first to jump out and protect him too. I guess thats  why I loved Dom this episode; while I know he was just trying to get himself further in the game, I’m so glad that his choice got rid of someone like Bradley.

Being protective of Donathan was not why Domenick flipped on Bradley.    

16 hours ago, LanceM said:

You have to always take what these players say in their exit interviews with a huge shaker of salt.  They always seem to embellish their games and to dismiss the games others are playing especially players they either don't respect or like.  In Bradley's case it is Chelsea who he has been trashing in his interviews as someone who was not playing at all out there. Well it turns out Chelsea had  a secret scene for last night's episode which kind of shatters that idea in my opinion. It also somewhat backs up Bradley's claim that he was a strategic threat.  In her confessional Chelsea notes that she had bonded with Libby and Donathon more in six days than she had with Bradley the entire game. She describes Bradley as someone who was not good ally to her and someone who had targeted her previously.  She also that he was a good strategist who once the merge hit would hook back up again with Kellyn and Wendell and that she would probably be one of his first targets.  To prevent this happening she decided that it was in the best interest to her game to vote him out now rather than give him a chance to vote her out after the merge.  She also mentioned that Libby didn't have many options out there other than the few remaining Malolos so therefore Libby would be a good ally for her going forward.

Yeah that’s why I rarely read those post-elimination media interviews. But interesting about that scene with Chelsea. Because it does beg the question of why she didn’t go for Michael’s pitch when the first swap happened and vote out Bradley with them.

Best I can figure is that she feared the Naviti’s coming for her because of the betrayal, since the numbers would have then been 4-4, with Bradley gone. And the Malolo members probably would have been fine with that since it would have meant more decimation of the original Navitis.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah that’s why I rarely read those post-elimination media interviews. But interesting about that scene with Chelsea. Because it does beg the question of why she didn’t go for Michael’s pitch when the first swap happened and vote out Bradley with them.

Best I can figure is that she feared the Naviti’s coming for her because of the betrayal, since the numbers would have then been 4-4, with Bradley gone. And the Malolo members probably would have been fine with that since it would have meant more decimation of the original Navitis.

I've noticed that Survivor players often take the attitude of, "Better the devil you know than the one you don't" when they're in the the kind of situation Chelsea was in—a de facto alliance with a person/people they don't particularly want to work with, but against a group of unknowns. My guess is that she figured that even if Malolo kept losing (which wasn't a given, since they won the first immunity challenge after the first swap), there would be either a merge or another swap before they were so down in numbers that the Naviti 5 would need to turn on each other. Voting with the other Naviti kept her in the game and saved her from accusations of disloyalty. Plus, original Malolos are going to be down in numbers at the merge, which means that there will still be opportunities to work with Michael and Jenna, if she wants to.

Also, it's really common in real life to let inertia take over and to overestimate the costs and risks associated with making a change against the costs and risks of sticking with the status quo. I think this carries over to Survivor and underlies the strategies of a lot of invisible/under-the-radar players. That said, I'm not sure that Chelsea actually did miscalculate the potential costs of sticking with the Naviti 5.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't think there's any definitive answer.  

Oh, there is. He's a dick. He may be a multifaceted dick, but he has left enough incontrovertible evidence in the last several episodes to say, categorically, he has a strong streak of dickishness in his makeup, and ergo he is a dick. I would go so far as to say he's a total dickwad, but that may just be me fooled by the edit.

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sorry, but I'm never gonna see how someone who would clap at another human being to get him to do something is not an asshole.

And then there's this.

• Love 12
On 4/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, violet and green said:

Oh, there is. He's a dick. He may be a multifaceted dick, but he has left enough incontrovertible evidence in the last several episodes to say, categorically, he has a strong streak of dickishness in his makeup, and ergo he is a dick. I would go so far as to say he's a total dickwad, but that may just be me fooled by the edit.

And then there's this.

And there is the fact that he said he knows he can be a dick and was trying to be less dickish while on Survivor. 

I will fully by that there are people who appear on Survivor and are complete and utter nightmares, like Abi, who are fine off the show. I can only imagine what the sleep deprivation, food deprivation and overall paranoia that comes with the game does to a person. For the most part, I suspect what you see is what you get. The game brings out who a person really is. Then again, I am not sure that I want to see Abi if she is failing at a project in life. She could be totally cool and kind and caring when she is able to work hard and control the outcome but I am not so sure that the paranoid, pain in the ass we saw on the island wouldn’t rear her head if things strated spiraling out of her control.

The ones who are trying to play a character, like Phillip of Kas, might hide a bit of who they really are but I suspect that even in those cases you are seeing true reflections of them as people. The ones who think they are pulling it off, Dawn and Lisa come to mind, normally find themselves in emotional turmoil while playing and end up being crushed in the finals. 

I think it is damn hard to hide your true self when you are under the extreem conditions that the Survivor players are. It is why the family visists are always a giant sob fest, people are demoralized and starved for sleep/food/love at that point of the game. The sight of family is enough to sink them.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, Neveragain said:

I always felt I would love to see a season made up only of first boots. Those people would be thrilled just to get past the first week, and none of them ever really got to play the game. It would be so interesting to me and would make them all feel better (except the one who would be first off again!)

I like that idea, too. I also like it a lot better than some of the stuff we get stuck with--I hate seasons where they make up these categories and pretend they mean something--and then keep talking about them--i.e. heroes, helpers. . or brains, brawn and beauty. . . or white collar. Jeff always seems so proud of himself but I hate those.

• Love 6

Wow!  I hadn't even thought of it, but this is the first time in forever that we've had non-themed tribes.  Thank you Ghost Island, you've reversed the curse of shitty tribe identities that give us 500 "as a Millenial/Beauty/White Collar/Hustler/etc" confessionals and drive us all insane.  I suppose they'll be back soon, and even more ridiculous ("My plan is to be the Baker of the Candlestick Maker tribe!") but it's very nice to be without them for at least one season.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Wow!  I hadn't even thought of it, but this is the first time in forever that we've had non-themed tribes.  Thank you Ghost Island, you've reversed the curse of shitty tribe identities that give us 500 "as a Millenial/Beauty/White Collar/Hustler/etc" confessionals and drive us all insane.  I suppose they'll be back soon, and even more ridiculous ("My plan is to be the Baker of the Candlestick Maker tribe!") but it's very nice to be without them for at least one season.

Those confessionals have been replaced with "cursed idol" confessionals.  Cheesy as they are, at least they're about the show and its history/mythology.  I mean they're super silly, but somehow more tolerable than the stupid, "as a Hustler..." "as a Beauty..." garbarge.  Those poor people who had to expound on what it meant to be a No Collar.  No wonder Jenn was so over it.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Special K said:

Those confessionals have been replaced with "cursed idol" confessionals.  Cheesy as they are, at least they're about the show and its history/mythology.  I mean they're super silly, but somehow more tolerable than the stupid, "as a Hustler..." "as a Beauty..." garbarge.  Those poor people who had to expound on what it meant to be a No Collar.  No wonder Jenn was so over it.

100% agree. so hated that stuff and I'll take stupid "cursed idol" statements over that. I understand some how if you are a big fan, actually getting the idol that so and so messed up with would be cool. The part I'd have trouble reading without giggling is the "it's been here for 10 years gathering strength." That's so obviously not true.

• Love 4

I'd bet good money that there was some sort of competition among the people who had to write the "Congratulations, you've found this ancient and cursed idol from 10 years ago..." letters to see who could write the cheesiest one and I'm having fun trying to figure out who the winner was and what criteria they used to decide.

I hadn't thought about how Ghost Island has replaced terrible tribe themes. I was enjoying the silliness of the letters for their own sake, so I hadn't noticed that particular fringe benefit.

• Love 4

I know it's goofy, but I kind of loved the whole Jason Siska stick maturing into a real idol schtick. That's one of the funniest things that has ever happened on this show, and them making it a real idol now just somehow ices the goofy cake.

• Love 6

I can't get down on Bradley for being so smug.  He's one who has no grasp of EQ.  He just doesn't realize how he comes off.   He's smart enough that he'd change his attitude if he knew it was a problem.

• Love 1