Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E07: Gotta Risk It for the Biscuit

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The best thing about this vote is that it happened before the merge— No Bradley on the jury.

Chelsea looks like Annie Wersching.

It’s still early, but Michael is getting what looks suspiciously like a winner’s edit.  At the least, I’m pretty confident he will be around for awhile.

• Love 7
(edited)

Not only did I 100% think Libby was going home, I still sort of can't believe it didn't happen.  It seems like a crazy decision on Dom and Chelsea's part.  I guess it just goes to show how unbelievably obnoxious Bradley is, that they would do something so crazy.

Unfortunately I don't think it bodes that well for Libby though, that this was edited as 100% Dom and Chelsea's decision, and nothing to do with her own efforts.  I know I would prefer to see her make some effort to save herself.  At least egg Bradley on somehow.  I mean it turns out she didn't need to, and it would probably be considered "overplaying" if she did, but there was no logical reason to keep her that I could see, so I feel like some kind of 'move' on her part would have been nice to see.  Like Michelle when she was on that terrible tribe with David and that big lawyer dude, she tried to make a move, even though they told her she was safe and she was in fact safe.  Sitting back and hoping things are going your way is not what I like to see!

Wendell is great, so I am happy to see him with an idol, even though these curses don't seem to get reversed very easily.  I had forgotten that everyone who touched the Fucking Stick went home one after the other.  Amazing.  Perhaps the way to do it is to burn them like the Malolo flag.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, LanceM said:

Kellyn is not wrong though. Every single person that has been voted out of the game so far have all said how much they love Kellyn.

Now the viewing audience is another story.

All the Survivor press people who met her before the game loved her too and have been rooting for her, it seems to me, acting like the stupid shit she does is really a good move, just because.  To the extent that it has sometimes seemed like they're spoiled and want to sound prophetic.  I honestly don't understand it, maybe there's something that doesn't carry over the TV waves.  It's not going to make me not think she's awful.  I was hoping so hard she'd lose her vote.

Edited by KimberStormer
unfinished sentence
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Dom is starting to grow on me.  It’s like he came in playing a character, but now we are seeing the real him.  Then again, that could change again if he and Chris both make it to the merge.

and happy with the two idol finders.   

Agreed. I think Dom is much better when Chris is not around. Then again, the Producers are highlighting the Dom vs Chris stuff. It could be that Dom is fine most of the time and we are only seeing the "Chris is out to get me crap." Dom and Wendell bounded with their new tribe when the first swap happened without any issues. Chris and Angela did not. It makes me think that Chris is more the issue and Dom is reacting to Chris being an Alpha.

Dom seems to be an affable guy who is a bit loud and not afraid to tell you what he thinks. I think that is who he is, just like Tony was being Tony. They are gregarious and a bit outrageous as people but generally likeable if you know how to get them to chill out on occasion.

6 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I'm tempted to think that they should have kept Bradley only for the fact that he was going to annoy everyone all the time and thus be an easy vote at any point and he had no chance of winning. That said - happy to see him go - No you are not a "confident" person B you are a dick.

Bradley had to be more annoying then we were seeing for him to be voted out when his tribe had the numbers. I also suspect that it was a bit more strategic, that Dom and Chelsea are worried that Bradley is too tightly tied to Des and Kellyn and that was a voting block they didn't want to deal with. Dom and Wendell seem to be fine with most folks out there so they might have some side alliances with the other tribe that we have not seen yet.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And I don't think it would have even been stupid to keep him. His social game was such shit, he'd be a perfect goat. And he wouldn't even know it. Dude had no self-awareness. He's going on at Tribal about the best way to engage in a back and forth is to argue with people??? But....he doesn't like to play Devil's advocate allll the time. Sure, Jan. Did you hear those crickets? They're chirping for you. 

Oh, the crickets.  That was so well timed.  Yeah, it might have benefited Dom more to keep a more obnoxious know it all around as a shield, but from a viewer's POV, thanks a bunch for booting him!

7 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Bad that Kellyn got an advantage at Ghost Island. I hope she misuses the advantage and gets sent home with it. No reverse the curse with you.

I was hoping she'd blow it at TC by using it as an extra vote to get rid of Michael, only to have him use his idol.  Fortunately they didn't go to TC this week.  I'm surprised to see here that she was so well liked.  I wonder why she's being edited as a whiner and general PITA in social interactions.

There are an awful lot of items in play.  3 idols (right?), Kellyn's extra vote, and the legacy advantage.  (Who has the legacy now?  Is it Dom?)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Kellyn doesn’t annoy me like she does others. She’s a little too sensitive but overall I like her. I think I’m in the minority on that though.

It's not the sensitivity or crying that bothers me. That would be rather hypocritical since I cry about every 5 minutes, lol! No, it's the self-importance. She just loves to hear herself speak and fancies herself very deep and wise. That little speech she made about gut being the perfect mix of head and heart just had my eyes rolling right out of my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's not a terrible person; and not nearly as offensive of some of the assholes we've seen over the years. But she's just not my cup of tea. 

7 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I'm tempted to think that they should have kept Bradley only for the fact that he was going to annoy everyone all the time and thus be an easy vote at any point and he had no chance of winning. That said - happy to see him go - No you are not a "confident" person B you are a dick.

Right. It was a good viewers-move; we were all sick to death of him. But was it a good PLAYERS move? I know there's the argument to be made that a jerk like that can really affect moral around camp. But I do think he'd be a perfect goat. 

• Love 18

So they are supposed to be recreating situations with the Ghost Island theme but it should have been named Museum of Survivor Relics.  The original false idol is now a real one, someone took a vote away and now they are gaining a vote, it doesn't make sense.

I'm going to miss that mouth!

Kellyn all but curtsies (or maybe she does curtsey) she's so darn cute and sweet. What is with these people describing themselves so inaccurately?!

Very happy with that ep. Donathan having a few frank little chats with the camera and throwing those quoits so well; Wendell gets an idol, and Michael gets a very timely idol! Everyone gets an idol!

I'm so glad Bradley is gone - but also excited to see Kellyn do a giant mugging/shock face/slack-jawed stagger about on the sand and the steam rise up out of Des's head, hahaha.

• Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, princelina said:

Last week there was a question about maybe Michael came up on the losing side of challenges because he sucks?  I think he held his own tonight.  And part of "sucking" may be participating in bad group decisions - it seemed like they originally planned for 2 of the women to throw rings and keep Michael in the water to retrieve the missed ones - I was glad that they recognized that that was not working and switched places so he could throw!

It was me.  LOL.  I was grasping at ideas for why he kept losing.  And I apologize.  He did a great job last night.  Seriously, as I said upthread, I *CRIED*.  I agree, bad decision making earlier on could have been a factor.  But also, Donathan on his team was doing a great job as well.  

I think it's always easy to play from the couch and say it's easy to keep a goat around, but it might be horrible to live with them on a near-deserted island.  But I think we have this discussion every season.  I think Dom is suddenly seeming very level headed.  I found him kind of silly episodes 1, maybe 2?  But this episode he was extremely clear thinking.  I think he was very carefully weighing the odds between keeping Bradley versus Libby.  It's not like Dom was thrashing around super annoyed with Bradley.  Bradley would be annoying, and Dom would silently kind of "Hmmmm" about it.  LOL.  Very reasoned responses.  So I don't think Dom agreed to vote for Bradley because he was so terrible to live with.  Everyone seemed to calmly put the idea out to get rid of Bradley (maybe they viewed him as a threat? they do not trust him?) and Dom seemed to be on board.  (This is how I'm viewing it.  Obviously, a lot is hidden and we don't know.)  Dom said something like, Bradley's terrible personality (I'm paraphrasing LOL) could be disastrous for my game.

I wish we knew more about Libby and Chelsea.  There's no way, just using my own wits and memory, I could even figure out why Libby voting out Morgan was so bad.  I don't even know who Morgan is.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

When you have an unlikeable person you don't vote them out! You take them to the end because they will take 0 votes because .... wait for it ..... nobody likes them! Duh! Such a huge mistake!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

Bradley had to be more annoying then we were seeing for him to be voted out when his tribe had the numbers. I also suspect that it was a bit more strategic, that Dom and Chelsea are worried that Bradley is too tightly tied to Des and Kellyn and that was a voting block they didn't want to deal with. Dom and Wendell seem to be fine with most folks out there so they might have some side alliances with the other tribe that we have not seen yet.

Good point!

• Love 6

I could not believe when Kellyn put the advantage parchment way down the front of her bathing suit bottoms and then made a daffy, ain't-I-a-cutie gesture.  As they used to say in the 80s, gag me with a spoon.

I have wanted to give Angela the benefit of the doubt,  but when she called Michael James, and then seemed baffled, yeah, she lost me.

Wendell FTW!  Loved his tribute to his lady back home.  Or if not Wendell, then, OK, Michael.

I usually just chuckle when you all talk about Jeff creaming himself over the dudes, but man, he really almost did, after Michael made that epic dive/deep swim in the challenge.  I was almost embarrassed for him (Jeff).

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Special K said:

I could not believe when Kellyn put the advantage parchment way down the front of her bathing suit bottoms and then made a daffy, ain't-I-a-cutie gesture.  As they used to say in the 80s, gag me with a spoon.

I have wanted to give Angela the benefit of the doubt,  but when she called Michael James, and then seemed baffled, yeah, she lost me.

Wendell FTW!  Loved his tribute to his lady back home.  Or if not Wendell, then, OK, Michael.

I usually just chuckle when you all talk about Jeff creaming himself over the dudes, but man, he really almost did, after Michael made that epic dive/deep swim in the challenge.  I was almost embarrassed for him (Jeff).

As, Jeff would say, "That's how you do it in Survivor!". Yeah! He does like his man crrushes. Then again this is more of a boy crush which is even worst. That said, that was an awsome dive. Michael really went far and made up some swimming time. We can't say the same for Domenick. LOL!!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Unfortunately I don't think it bodes that well for Libby though, that this was edited as 100% Dom and Chelsea's decision, and nothing to do with her own efforts. 

Didn't quite see it that way.  Libby helped stoke the fires at camp, as Brad kept antagonizing the others.  She gave perfect answers to Jeff's questions at tribal -- about why she voted out Morgan, and her history of staying loyal to her alliances.  That helped firm up Dom's and Chelsea's minds. 

i.e. I think it was a joint effort of Libby's good playing and Brad's self-destructive playing. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

As, Jeff would say, "That's how you do it in Survivor!". Yeah! He does like his man crrushes. Then again this is more of a boy crush which is even worst. That said, that was an awsome dive. Michael really went far and made up some swimming time. We can't say the same for Domenick. LOL!!

JP on Dom:  "That's not a dive, that's not even a jump!  I don't know what that is!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I forget what season, not too far back, and what player, want to say it was a girl and maybe Aubrey...but a player was talking about another player they deemed a goat and said if that payer was kept around, that player would be taking a spot in F3 that she also wanted. I think the players have started to realize keeping a couple goats limits their own odds at making it to the end. Bradley would have been a great goat, but Dom and Chelsea would not have been the only pair wanting to drag him along. 

• Love 22

Great episode. At first I thought Donathan would end up going and then I was so sure Libby was going. I never even for a minute thought it was actually going to be Bradley. Amazing!

I, like many others, just can not wait to see Kellyn's (and Des') reaction to the Bradley boot. Such fun!

I think this has to be the first time in a very long time that the idols are all with people I like. 

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, Special K said:

JP on Dom:  "That's not a dive, that's not even a jump!  I don't know what that is!"

I felt for Dom.   I grew up on a lake and never learned how to dive.  It's kinda embarrassing.  :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Special K said:

Wendell FTW!  Loved his tribute to his lady back home.

At the time I thought that was a bad sign, like give him a sweet moment then vote him out.  That tribe is really dominating right now. 

• Love 2

Hi! Missed you guys!

Really glad to see Bradley go, and after thinking it over, I don't think it was a mistake for Dom or Chelsea. We didn't see what all Dom and Chelsea said to each other, but I'm assuming that the Brad-Desi-Kellyn vote block worked against Brad. Also, at this point Dom has a fairly good relationship with Dohnathan, and although he doesn't trust Libby I think Dom figured he had a better chance of using Libby and Dohnathan to pick up Malolo survivors as allies than he did using Bradley to advance himself.

As someone else mentioned, being so obnoxious that you're seen as a goat can be a reason to cut someone, too. Bradley was fairly good at puzzles, played a decent physical game, and had several people voting with him. It's kind of early to declare someone that competent at several aspects of the game to be a goat you want to take to the end unless you feel you control them. That guy may actually be someone else's pet goat who wins immunity and helps vote you out.

In other words, I think Bradley was the right choice for Dom's game. I have no idea for Chelsea's game. She's pretty much been a space-holding non-entity most of the time.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

It could be that Dom is fine most of the time and we are only seeing the "Chris is out to get me crap."

In the interest of fairness, Chris is out to get Dominik. They both want the other gone. Things started off on the wrong foot from Day 1 with the two of them and I don't think it'll end until one gets the other before the other gets them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
(edited)

I agree that, at this point in Survivor, an obvious goat is not really a good person to keep. Too many people will have the same idea and keep that person instead of you. I can't remember, have we seen anyone admitting to acting up to be seen as a goat and taken to the end? (Not Bradley though, he's just a straight up dick.)

Edited by greyflannel
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

I forget what season, not too far back, and what player, want to say it was a girl and maybe Aubrey...but a player was talking about another player they deemed a goat and said if that payer was kept around, that player would be taking a spot in F3 that she also wanted.

That was Hannah in Millennials vs. Gen X -- she was afraid that Adam (or "someone like Adam") would take Sunday over her to F3. A move that I believe ultimately sunk her game, as the jury never got over it (or voting out Bret over David. I think at one point, the jury started laughing at them). What was interesting about the Hannah move is that it showed you can't boot goats unless you have bigger goats to take to the end. You can't sit at the end and say "I booted the goats" when you, yourself, are one in the eyes of the jury. But I also think Bradley was booted for being obnoxious, not for any strategic endgame reason. Personally, I found his pale-imitation-of-James-Spader-in-Pretty-in-Pink more amusing than truly irritating.

It's interesting that Domenick (who seemed to be the one in the driver's seat with this vote) chose to keep Libby over him, though. I'd love to see that "I'm not as threatened by girls as I am by guys" mentality come back to bite him at some point.

• Love 5
(edited)

Due to a power outage last night I am just now catching up on my lunch break.

Chris is still not my favorite person, but what I have taken away is that his first dive into the water was quite beautiful.  And I am fully on board with Peachy because Michael’s dive was also gorgeous and if Michael were not beyond young enough to be my son, I would watch it over and over and over.

Also I loved Wendell’s Steph Curry walk from the podium when he threw the last ring.

If I have repeated anything anyone has already said I deeply apologize but I haven’t finished the ep yet because lunch is over.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 8

Dom seems to be an affable guy who is a bit loud and not afraid to tell you what he thinks. I think that is who he is, just like Tony was being Tony. They are gregarious and a bit outrageous as people but generally likeable if you know how to get them to chill out on occasion.

Yup. Don has a sense of humor and has some self awareness. Chris seems to have neither. Both would irritate me but i could at least have some fun w Don around. Chris would just bring me down.

• Love 13
(edited)

It's bit of a bummer that each idol hunt we're shown is successful, there's no suspense anymore: oh, x is looking for an idol, of course x will find an idol. 

[I guess there is a variant: Y is getting voted to tonight, Y is looking for an idol,and then both outcomes can occur] 

With all the talk about Michael's dive, I think Sebastian's was way more impressive. Like Ozzy's-long-lost-brother impressive.

And when the tribe sung "Happy birthday, Nicole"? For a brief moment I was peeved, because I thought I knew all the names in the game, but I couldn't remember any Nicole.

At least, Bradley was aware that he's a dick. 

Edited by NutMeg
typos
  • Love 5

So glad Bradley is out. I missed his Final Words (dumb dvr), did he congratulate himself? Or did he snap at the camera man to film his more photogenic side? While actually snapping his fingers?

I have a friend that snaps and claps her hands at wait staff in restaurants - makes me feel so mortified to be with her. She has told me that "I know how to treat wait people because I have been one." ?? I am so confused - that seems like the first things that you should NOT do. Thankfully its never been just her and me, I try to fade in the background when she does this.

The whole idea of "this [thingy] has been on Ghost Island for [#] years and has been transformed into a majorly prized idol" is so stupid. Hokey to the point where I am embarrassed that Jeffy has to say it. Doesn't he smell the cheese? Its Havarti and its STRONG.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm joining the pack that thinks it's too early to think goats. Way too much could happen between 13 and, say, 6. Bradley could never have been a goat anyway; a goat has to accept their position and Bradly fancies himself a fox. A goat has to be controllable and Bradley's the type that would bounce you just because he wants to show that he's not a goat. And like most, I enjoyed his departure. What an insufferable prick.

I thought Dominick might have been a dick too from his initial edit, but I'm warming up to him. He strikes me as a guy I'd enjoy a beer with. He's authentic, in contrast to his arch-nemesis, who frustrates the fuck out of me because he really is that good, but he isn't humble, so he's off-putting. I love that I was able to say all that without mentioning the arrogant douchebag's name.

I literally forgot it was Survivor night, so I tuned in about fifteen minutes late and I missed the reappearance of the fucking stick! I'm so excited to hear that it's back and that it's Michael's!

Edited by 303420
  • Love 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, survivinmt said:

I have a friend that snaps and claps her hands at wait staff in restaurants - makes me feel so mortified to be with her. She has told me that "I know how to treat wait people because I have been one." ?? I am so confused - that seems like the first things that you should NOT do. Thankfully its never been just her and me, I try to fade in the background when she does this.

I have a friend who is so respectful and mature with friends but the way he acts around others - cabbies, wait staff - my jaw dropped the first time I saw it.  At least if you're going to say something say it after they make your food - not before.  I thought everyone knew that.  Same thing with my father -- he once screamed at a repairman for showing up late.  I was like Dad, it is ridiculous that you're acting like this, but at least wait until after he repairs the thing, for goodness sake!

Can't help be curious if Bradley has friends, it seems he might because he seems so confident that his behaviour is totally fine.  I don't get it.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, 303420 said:

I'm joining the pack that thinks it's too early to think goats. Way too much could happen between 13 and, say, 6. Bradley could never have been a goat anyway; a goat has to accept their position and Bradly fancies himself a fox. A goat has to be controllable and Bradley's the type that would bounce you just because he wants to show that he's not a goat. And like most, I enjoyed his departure. What an insufferable prick.

I would say that most goats are surprised to find out that they are goats. God knows Coach and Russell were shocked to find out that they were goats. And Brad and Monica and a whole list of goats. Goats seem to think that they played a great game and controlled it and are surprised to find out that they are not liked. Well, maybe not Russell. Russell was being an ass on purpose.

Bradley is the perfect goat. He was a dick. He was obnoxious. He thought the world of himself. He really didn't do much.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, 303420 said:

I thought Dominick might have been a dick too from his initial edit, but I'm warming up to him. He strikes me as a guy I'd enjoy a beer with. He's authentic, in contrast to his arch-nemesis, who frustrates the fuck out of me because he really is that good, but he isn't humble, so he's off-putting. I love that I was able to say all that without mentioning the arrogant douchebag's name.

I literally forgot it was Survivor night, so I tuned in about fifteen minutes late and I missed the reappearance of the fucking stick! I'm so excited to hear that it's back and that it's Michael's!

I didn't like Dominick in the first episode, because I thought Chris saving the fishing gear was a good call and not deserving of the crap that Dominick was throwing. He doesn't seem to be as bad as I initially thought though. 

Chris needs to stay because people who are so unintentionally hilarious are priceless.

Sorry you missed the Fucking Stick find, one of my absolute favorite lines in Survivor history.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, survivinmt said:

So glad Bradley is out. I missed his Final Words (dumb dvr), did he congratulate himself? Or did he snap at the camera man to film his more photogenic side? While actually snapping his fingers?

I believe his final words were that he was stunned to have been blindsided, but he was okay with it because he's such a superfan, and also if they hadn't done that to him he would've won the game.  So...par for the course.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, survivinmt said:

The whole idea of "this [thingy] has been on Ghost Island for [#] years and has been transformed into a majorly prized idol" is so stupid. Hokey to the point where I am embarrassed that Jeffy has to say it. Doesn't he smell the cheese? Its Havarti and its STRONG.

LOLZ, I love that we're being told that these inanimate objects have been given a top-secret burial on Ghost Island, where they, over the past two decades, have slowly come to life with magical powers until just the right person uses them under the perfect circumstances to reverse the curse.  It's so hokey, it's hilarious.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

29683310_10105957258388512_1673139514140262400_o.jpg

So I guess those are Chris' new swim trunks and not his underwear. They are the same color, but the new trunks are even more revealing.

It would be interesting to see the players get handed their new swimsuits. Do they bring them from home, or do they have any choice in what the producers pick for them?

Regarding the episode title and Kellyn's quote, did anyone else hear "biscuit" and think of the Honey Boo-Boo definition?

Well, the good news is that Bradley is gone. At this point he was the last player left I actively disliked. I really thought Dom was going to be the main villain of the season early on, but he has turned out to be surprisingly reasonable (so far). His rivalry with Chris is a bit tedious but as far as characters go, this season has had far less objectionable ones than usual. Of course, at the same time, that means I'm not particularly invested in the outcome either. The show has spend most of their time focused on people who left - I still don't have a strong sense of a lot of the also-rans. 

• Love 6

Thank you, Naviti, for teaching us how to love ... again.

I don't care what a great goat Bradley would have been, keeping such an obnoxious, whiny, unpleasant dickhead around 24/7 just isn't worth it. You're not only playing for a million dollars -- which, let's face it, only 1 person can win -- you're also having the adventure of a lifetime, and that's too precious to let it be ruined by a Bradley or a Russell Hantz or any other completely negative and/or sadistic and/or spiteful person.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Special K said:

Particularly since she was alone on Ghost Island and didn’t need to hide anything down her pants. 

• Love 10

Re: Choosing Bradley over Libby (which caused much celebration in the Kaiju household)

Was anyone aware of Bradley being singled out by Michael and his crew as the Leader and one to vote out a few tribals back? Couldn't keep track of the merges and who went where, but if Dom et.al. knew about this, it would help support the thought that Bradley has very strong alliances potentially waiting for him post-merge (props to @ProfCrash for pointing that out)

• Love 3

I don't care what a great goat Bradley would have been, keeping such an obnoxious, whiny, unpleasant dickhead around 24/7 just isn't worth it. You're not only playing for a million dollars -- which, let's face it, only 1 person can win -- you're also having the adventure of a lifetime, and that's too precious to let it be ruined by a Bradley or a Russell Hantz or any other completely negative and/or sadistic and/or spiteful person.

It's also a risky proposition to consider someone a "goat" this early on. If they can get to the end and claim they did something they might be somewhat persuasive. It's a little too early to say who the jury will end up hating the most.

• Love 8

I am so glad Bradley of the overly small mouth is gone.  He can't help his physical attributes, but he can control his behavior and what comes out of that abnormally small mouth, and he is indeed a complete dick.  The editors don't like him, that's for sure, but you have to give the editors footage of bad behavior in order for them to edit it in, and it appears Bradley gave them plenty to work from--especially since his own tribemates talked about what a jerk he was.  I, for one, couldn't believe how he treated Donathan last night.  He was incredibly rude!  That *clap*clap* "get to work now" footage made me cringe.  But what really bothered me the most about it, was that because Donathan is poor and comes from a hill billy sort of area and has a thick accent, Bradley instantly considered himself to be Donathan's superior, and therefore Donathan should serve Bradley and instantly obey his every command.  Sure, Bradley was rude to everyone on the tribe, but he treated Donathan worse than the rest because of his supposed social inferiority.  And Donathan knew it.  You could see it in his eyes.  He resented being treated that way, but there was also a little whisper of "maybe I deserve it" which made me want to hug him.

• Love 20
18 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

And both Michael and Wendell finding idols? If they can get Laurel in with them (and maybe Donathan) I'd be thrilled.

Me too! It would be great if Michael, Wendell & Laurel go to F3. Donathan, meh, although he really did do well during the challenge. He seems to be growing as a person.

Kellyn, Jesus where did she come from??? She's the most unappealing player since Hatch, Heidick or Hantz. Something about her gives me the willies. Ick!kellynbechtold.thumb.jpg.4e17bf3411948b46d3b6df8977adec0d.jpg

• Love 4

I was glad to see Bradley gone. I don't think it was a given he'd be a goat--or that he wouldn't orchestrate your out on the way to the final even if everyone did hate him.

I cracked up when Michael was looking for the idol and his tribemates talked about how paranoid he was. It's not being paranoid when your tribe has flat out made it clear you are next. I want to yell "that's not what paranoid means!"

• Love 23
Just now, RedbirdNelly said:

I cracked up when Michael was looking for the idol and his tribemates talked about how paranoid he was. It's not being paranoid when your tribe has flat out made it clear you are next. I want to yell "that's not what paranoid means!"

I'm starting to think Des is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I'm so over people on this show bitching about someone looking for an Idol - especially someone in Michael's position. No, you probably shouldn't run pell mell through the woods on your first day to find one. But they don't put them out there for decoration. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

LOLZ, I love that we're being told that these inanimate objects have been given a top-secret burial on Ghost Island, where they, over the past two decades, have slowly come to life with magical powers until just the right person uses them under the perfect circumstances to reverse the curse.  It's so hokey, it's hilarious.  

It was so magical when the fucking stick became a real, live immunity idol. All I could think of was this:

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Right. It was a good viewers-move; we were all sick to death of [Bradley]. But was it a good PLAYERS move? I know there's the argument to be made that a jerk like that can really affect moral around camp. But I do think he'd be a perfect goat. 

It could be a good player move, if... see below.

7 hours ago, himela said:

When you have an unlikeable person you don't vote them out! You take them to the end because they will take 0 votes because .... wait for it ..... nobody likes them! Duh! Such a huge mistake!

Unless it’s your goal to get to FTC by portraying yourself as enough of a goat to make others want to take you to the end - in which case, getting rid of an obvious alternate goat choice makes perfect strategic sense.  And I have a strong inkling this may be a strategy Dom has in mind.  Maybe Chelsea too, even.

3 hours ago, NutMeg said:

At least, Bradley was aware that he's a dick. 

While I think Bradley may have intellectually known it - or, at least, known of the possibility of such a perception - I don’t think he was prepared to acknowledge it as a reality.  Hence his surprise.  ;)

30 minutes ago, Dominii said:

Kellyn, Jesus where did she come from??? She's the most unappealing player since Hatch, Heidick or Hantz. Something about her gives me the willies. Ick!kellynbechtold.thumb.jpg.4e17bf3411948b46d3b6df8977adec0d.jpg

Nowhere in the Survivor rules does it say vampires can’t play too.  :>

• Love 5
(edited)

I’m happy Bradley is gone, but on the other hand, since I knew he had no shot at winning the game (even though he thought he totally did), I really enjoyed smirking over how out-of-touch he was with how he came across and presented himself. No self-awareness whatsoever! He reminded me of my soon-to-be-former boss who repeatedly tells us she’s emotionally intelligent and very intuitive and we can’t figure out if she actually understands what those words actually mean. I’ll miss laughing at him!

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's not the sensitivity or crying that bothers me. That would be rather hypocritical since I cry about every 5 minutes, lol! No, it's the self-importance. She just loves to hear herself speak and fancies herself very deep and wise. That little speech she made about gut being the perfect mix of head and heart just had my eyes rolling right out of my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's not a terrible person; and not nearly as offensive of some of the assholes we've seen over the years. But she's just not my cup of tea. 

Yes!  Also I can't stand her favorite word "gut" :)

8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wish we knew more about Libby and Chelsea.  There's no way, just using my own wits and memory, I could even figure out why Libby voting out Morgan was so bad.  I don't even know who Morgan is.  

From what I recall it's because Morgan thought she and Libby were great friends and allies, and was shocked Libby voted for her.

• Love 5