Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

If that's the case then Jim Boob has 7 sexually frustrated young men living all together in a dorm room in the TTH!  That is sick!

This is why I think the twins and Jason will be married off quickly.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I KNEW it was Sound of Music related. The fundies love the Von Trapps.

They must not know that 1. The von Trapps were Catholic, and 2. Maria von Trapp was well into pregnancy when she married Captain von Trapp. For those fundies following along at home, that means Fraulein Maria and Captain von Trapp YOU KNOW! DID IT! before they were married. :O 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DragonFaerie said:

Maybe this is why the boy's room beds don't have sheets.  No hiding what you're doing in the dark.

I'm sure they take care of themselves in the shower. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They must not know that 1. The von Trapps were Catholic, and 2. Maria von Trapp was well into pregnancy when she married Captain von Trapp. For those fundies following along at home, that means Fraulein Maria and Captain von Trapp YOU KNOW! DID IT! before they were married. :O 

Where did you get the information that Maria was pregnant before the wedding? Their first child was born over a year later. From her autobiography, she was surprisingly naive about sex (considering that she was raised an atheist and attended college) when she got married, and she really married him more because she loved the children. I even remember her having some misconception that she could marry the captain, raise the children,  and then go back to the convent. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

I also read her autobiography and looked it up on wikipedia and those sources did not mention a pregnancy during her wedding. (Her autobiography is not surprising, but wikipedia usually knows.) It would have been a loss, because her children with the captain are born too far into the marriage for her to be pregnant at the wedding!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

Where did you get the information that Maria was pregnant before the wedding? Their first child was born over a year later. From her autobiography, she was surprisingly naive about sex (considering that she was raised an atheist and attended college) when she got married, and she really married him more because she loved the children. I even remember her having some misconception that she could marry the captain, raise the children,  and then go back to the convent. 

That's what I heard when they did either a news special or something on the Von Trapp family but I can't remember what it was. If it was anniversary of it premiering or something. Talked about how different things were from the movie. That Maria married him because she loved the children and felt sorry for them. The love for her husband came later. It went into their life after coming to America, the Lodge and I think how some of kids wanted to go off on their own but Maria (and probably Georg but I don't remember) didn't want that. They wanted to keep the singing career going but eventually let them go on their own.  

23 hours ago, Heathen said:

I looked up Maria von Trapp on the internet. There was a definitive research article there that ( along with other stuff) explained the discrepancy. When they came to America, the birth year of Maria’s first child was mistakenly written down as 1928.  It was later disproven and corrected to 1929. They married in 1927. 

• Love 11

The von Trapps were married for ten years before they fled Ausrria. The movie compressed the timeline. The captain also had ten children, not seven, and all of their names were changed. Captain Von Trapp was also said to be a gentle and loving father, and Maria had a violent temper during their marriage. 

The family also got no money from the movie or musical because of the contract Maria had signed when she wrote her first book.

If the Duggars looked into her story, I actually think they would like Maria even more. In her later life she joined a sort of evangelical movement within the Catholic church that placed greater emphasis on a personal relationship with God. She also had three children with the captain (and several miscarriages). She was very resourceful is finding sources of in income, as well. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

The von Trapps were married for ten years before they fled Ausrria. The movie compressed the timeline. The captain also had ten children, not seven, and all of their names were changed. Captain Von Trapp was also said to be a gentle and loving father, and Maria had a violent temper during their marriage. 

The family also got no money from the movie or musical because of the contract Maria had signed when she wrote her first book.

If the Duggars looked into her story, I actually think they would like Maria even more. In her later life she joined a sort of evangelical movement within the Catholic church that placed greater emphasis on a personal relationship with God. She also had three children with the captain (and several miscarriages). She was very resourceful is finding sources of in income, as well. 

Maria was ask what she thought of the "Sound of music", she said it is a nice story it is just not my story.

• Love 6

I was in Austria a few years ago, and it was one of my favourite trips I've ever taken!  I was there for a family wedding, but stayed a few extra days to see the sights.  For once, I'm actually very interested to see where Josiah & Lauren visited and to watch their honeymoon episode.  They are SO fortunate to go on such a trip, all expenses paid. 

• Love 9

Thanks for the Von Trapp update. I didn't know that such a nice movie was not really true to life; timewise and portraying the parents. Why change such a story if it's supposed to be a 'real' story about this family? Well, I always enjoy it when it's on TV. I learned something today from you here. thanks

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, Heathen said:

It's my informal observation that the more fundie the denomination, the more cavalier they are about dressing in a traditionally appropriate manner for church, and the more likely they are to treat church like going to a movie.

I think it may be to show what special friends they are with Jesus: "And the Lord said unto us 'Mi Casa Es Su Casa!'. We have such a great relationship with Him that He doesn't mind if we put our feet up on the furniture!"

• Love 6

Every time this thread lights up I hold my breath and wait for the pregnancy announcement. I know it's coming, I just wish it would wait.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:29 PM, Fuzzysox said:

This is why I think the twins and Jason will be married off quickly.

And again, there is a Jason?

• Love 12
16 hours ago, heckkitty said:

BUT THAT MOVIE HAS DANCING & PREMARITAL FRONT HUGGING!!! ??

And if I remember correctly,  the Countess wore a strapless gown without a modesty panel.

• Love 10

And premarital kissing! If you haven't watched that cringeworthy gazebo scene where they're all over each other and then suddenly start singing, while still fooling around, with a class of sixth graders, you haven't lived!

at least he did propose right after that. Maybe he realized that if he kissed someone, he had to marry her! That scene has always bothered me, though, because the Baroness probably hadn't even finished packing her bags and left the property yet. It's like...daaaaamn, Captain! Can't you wait a day?!

• Love 13
On 8/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Every time this thread lights up I hold my breath and wait for the pregnancy announcement. I know it's coming, I just wish it would wait  

Any day now, I’m sure!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

And premarital kissing! If you haven't watched that cringeworthy gazebo scene where they're all over each other and then suddenly start singing, while still fooling around, with a class of sixth graders, you haven't lived!

at least he did propose right after that. Maybe he realized that if he kissed someone, he had to marry her! That scene has always bothered me, though, because the Baroness probably hadn't even finished packing her bags and left the property yet. It's like...daaaaamn, Captain! Can't you wait a day?!

The Captain DOES seem like the type of person who would know you have to marry a girl once you kiss her, doesn't he?

• Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 12:53 PM, Natalie68 said:

Did he wear this stylish ensemble with white pleather dress shoes ala Clark Griswald in Vacation? 

I think that was Cousin Eddy you’re thinking about!!  He’s a fashion statement that Boob could surely relate to!  (Although I admit that although we pretty much have Christmas Vacation memorized, I haven’t seen the other ones, so maybe Clark does have white shoes...).

BA9D2561-B438-4C0C-A70C-C51A191292C5.jpeg

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 5
On 8/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, Heathen said:

This just isn't true. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Happyfatchick said:

I think that was Cousin Eddy you’re thinking about!!  He’s a fashion statement that Boob could surely relate to!  (Although I admit that although we pretty much have Christmas Vacation memorized, I haven’t seen the other ones, so maybe Clark does have white shoes...).

Cousin Eddie did give Clark a pair of white pleather dress shoes on National Lampoon’s Vacation when they picked up Aunt Edna. Classic!

• Love 6

I watched about five minutes of Counting On where the Duggar spawn were talking about their courting rules. Jessa said that she and Ben were limited to only two side hugs per day, which I thought was a joke until...Josiah repeated the same rule for he and what’s her face!

Two daily side hugs and answering Toastmasters ice breaker questions under the supervision of your betrothed’s tween sister would not be my recommendation for judging marriage compatibility, but what do I know? I’m a sinful un-woman. Good luck OfJosiah. Go in grace and blessed be the Froot Loops, I guess.

• Love 20
On 8/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Every time this thread lights up I hold my breath and wait for the pregnancy announcement. I know it's coming, I just wish it would wait.

I'm just here for the positive pee test too.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

HA!  Well they are both white pleather shoe wearers!  In Vacation 1, Eddie gave Clark a pair because the last time they were together Clark was apparently admiring them.   Christmas Vacation is hilarious!  You have to watch the 1st one.  It is very quotable.  

• Love 5
On 7/24/2018 at 4:59 PM, Catlyn said:

It's bad when amy Farrah Fowler looks better in the dress even if it's a different color.bbt-s05e08-amys-purple-dress-418x580.jpg.778c0e5dc8abd3b34eebfb0668e9b0d4.jpg

One of the writers HAD to be a Duggar watcher.  That dress had to be a nod to other downlow Duggar fans.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I watched about five minutes of Counting On where the Duggar spawn were talking about their courting rules. Jessa said that she and Ben were limited to only two side hugs per day, which I thought was a joke until...Josiah repeated the same rule for he and what’s her face!

Two daily side hugs and answering Toastmasters ice breaker questions under the supervision of your betrothed’s tween sister would not be my recommendation for judging marriage compatibility, but what do I know? I’m a sinful un-woman. Good luck OfJosiah. Go in grace and blessed be the Froot Loops, I guess.

If they really set their own courtship rules as JB claims, then they could have as many side hugs (or sinful, sinful, unchaperoned front hugs) as they wanted.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Poor Lauren couldn’t even answer Si’s question, “If a book was written about you, what would the title be?”

She immediately said, “Well, if it was about us...it could be called...’About Us’”? 

She doesn’t have an inkling of individual identity, not that I would expect her to, of course. 

• Love 12

Oh, Lort Josiah married a Jill clone without a thought in her head.

He deserved so much better. What happened to his quest for knowledge? He used to be bright and wanting to learn more and more.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Oh, Lort Josiah married a Jill clone without a thought in her head.

He deserved so much better. What happened to his quest for knowledge? He used to be bright and wanting to learn more and more.

This is what I can see happened:

Josh was different and it was allowed as he left home and went to DC.  Then disaster happened.  Josiah was different. He had a personality and dressed to match. JB and ME couldn’t have another different child or Josh 2.0. So they tried to stop it in its tracks.

Josiah gets sent to ALERT.

Now Josiah is a Dugger boy clone.

And is no longer happening.

Edited by MORGANH
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Patricia07 said:

I'll never forget Meechele's reaction when Ben and Jessa held hands to pray shortly before getting engaged. 

Or Jim Bob's reaction when Jill rushed up to Derick and gave him a full frontal hug.  I think he even said "that won't be happening again", and boy, was he pissed off.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Or Jim Bob's reaction when Jill rushed up to Derick and gave him a full frontal hug.  I think he even said "that won't be happening again", and boy, was he pissed off.

This might need to go into another thread, but I feel the Duggars are more extreme about this than even other fundie families. I mean, WHY for the love of God is JB getting all puffy about Jill and Derick front-hugging when they have front-hugged same-sex members of other families? Why is it OK for Johannah (or Joy?) to hold Ben's hand in prayer when Jessa couldn't because courtship stage? It is so ridiculously hypocritical that I think JB and Michelle are just pulling arbitrary rules out of their asses. (And my apologies for evoking a visual of JB and Michelle's respective asses.)

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

I'll never forget Meechele's reaction when Ben and Jessa held hands to pray shortly before getting engaged. 

That was one of my favorite scenes on this show. 

11 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Oh barf. 

Screenshot_20180807-094829-1.png

And another typo. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

This might need to go into another thread, but I feel the Duggars are more extreme about this than even other fundie families. I mean, WHY for the love of God is JB getting all puffy about Jill and Derick front-hugging when they have front-hugged same-sex members of other families? Why is it OK for Johannah (or Joy?) to hold Ben's hand in prayer when Jessa couldn't because courtship stage? It is so ridiculously hypocritical that I think JB and Michelle are just pulling arbitrary rules out of their asses. (And my apologies for evoking a visual of JB and Michelle's respective asses.)

It should be OK for anyone to hold anyone's hand in prayer circles.  There is certainly something to be said for the theory that it's potentially not an un-erotic act; but honestly, I've held hands with myriads of relative strangers of both sexes in the same situation, and I find nothing sexy about worrying about whether or not your hand is sweating all over the other person's.  Christians are called to express non-erotic "brotherly love" to each other all the time, and husbands and wives are called to love each other as "brothers and sisters in Christ" in addition to on the carnal level; but keep in mind what this "really means" to that particular group, and you can understand why it's insidious.  The kids are laboring under the sins, for want of a better word, that JB and Michelle nurtured in their own bosom (as long as I'm being so biblical might as well go whole hog!); which in turn led directly to "Josh the child sibling molester".  No wonder they think touch is so fraught and loaded.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, queenanne said:

...No wonder they think touch is so fraught and loaded.

And let's not forget also that Boob and MEchelle have to ensure we know how much more special and superior they are so they need to make up petty rules and claim the kids chose them. I don't discount the famewhore factor.

• Love 10

Maybe I missed something, but I was just wondering if it was mentioned where Josiah and Lauren are living. Also, is she 18 or 19 ? I can't quite figure out how long he's known her. It seems like all of them are marrying children of the parent's long term friends that they know either from their church or homeschool group. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CarolMK said:

Maybe I missed something, but I was just wondering if it was mentioned where Josiah and Lauren are living. Also, is she 18 or 19 ? I can't quite figure out how long he's known her. It seems like all of them are marrying children of the parent's long term friends that they know either from their church or homeschool group. 

It's interesting that all of the boys have married Gothard girls, while only Joy has married a Gothard guy. 

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Is she preggers yet? That's a strange marriage if there ever was one.

We're all here just to find out. Give it another month and for sure they will be all about.......wow, I'm pregnant I don't even know how it happened. It's called science and they must have not covered that in their wisdom books.

• Love 10