Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

Early in the video when the Swansons came over to the TTH and Lauren and Josiah started to hug but didn't, and then MEchelle and the other mother were nervously laughing - good grief, don't they ever get tired of that stupid "don't touch" foolishness?  And then in the wedding when Josiah and Lauren kissed and the whole place ERUPTED in LOUD applause - how creepy. I understand applauding when the couple is announced as married, but all that commotion because they just kissed? I do think Diane Vuolo was rolling her eyes at that. 

• Love 22

I feel like the wedding had good and bad points.

For the good:

Dwain's officiating had enough heartfelt sentiments mixed in with the Gothard b.s. not to turn me off from him completely.

Mrs. Swanson looks like a mash-up of Erin and Carlin Bates.

JD is so smitten with Abbie, and it's really sweet.

Now for the bad:

Totally agree with everyone that Si was working overtime to come across as masculine. There was no need to correct Lauren's father over the "beautiful" comment, and hoisting her up and running down the aisle came off as very caveman-ish.

Lauren's hair was an absolute tragedy. It's a shame because she has a gorgeous figure. I think an updo would've showed it off more.

Poor Jana! I felt so bad for her being stuck as a bridesmaid in a wedding party full of teenagers. She looked totally out of place. I'm not sure if Hannie was in the wedding or not, but she would've been a more appropriate choice.

Lauren seemed way more into it than Si. She's a hard core Kool-aid drinker while he appeared to be going through the motions. Hopefully they grow on one another.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DOBABYR said:

Hubba hubba. I had to look away

Joy called her steady ....huhhh

I like her cat whisper voice 

I can see some personality... maybe Josiah is bringing it out of her 

Loved her dress for their standards bc it was actually tastefully fitting 

I like that her parents showed personality 

Her dad was heartfelt officiating the wedding 

Jim Bob was crying tears of dollar signs...Kris Jenner of the fundie world 

I still see Josiah’s personality 

Her hair was a hairspray haven nightmare 

Maybe they will stop trying to run down the aisle since Lauren almost got whiplash 

The children in the background annoyed me 

This! Best description ever.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

This totally confirmed a few things for me:

1. Josiah is either gay, a revel (ALERT stints), or just not into lauren...this seems like all parties know it's a fix-up job, like Josh. The over the top kiss, Josiah asking to kiss her, the kiss in the aisle, him picking her up and running...they're trying to sell him as a masculine koolaid drinker. 

2. When he wiped his face and she GRABBED his arm...geez! Give the dude a little room, lauren! You don't have to be holding both of his hands at all times. 

3. The look of relief / tears on JB's face during the kiss makes me think even more he had some kind of deadline for Josiah. 

4. JD is super hot for Abbie!!! The way he looked at her was NOT wholesome! ?

5. Lauren needs to quit saying "finally!" She is not 40. It makes her look pathetic at 18! She sees herself as some kind of old maid, and doesn't mind rushing into this. 

Your comment made me watch the video. 

Ditto. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Diana Vuolo?

OK, my thoughts:

1. I didn't mind Dwain too much. Although he is steeped in the Kool-Aid he seems to have a pretty genuine relationship with Lauren, and it wasn't bordering on creepy like Kendra and Pastor Caldwell.

I thought the "first look" with her father was super creepy.  Speaking of creepy, - having your first kiss right in front of your father (& 1000 random onlookers).

• Love 3

After watching that video, my secret hope is that Si can reclaim some of his spark with this relationship with Lauren. Or at least feel comfortable enough with her to relax and unwind. I would just hope that he has found someone that he can be Josiah with, if possible. I guess all discussions of his orientation preference aside, it would be nice to see him return from wherever he was sent.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

JD was having lustful sinful mind sex with AbaDaba during the boring ceremony...caught on tape....good for him.

I agree, and I think the timing of this courtship with Josiah's is very interesting because it's easy to see how JD and Josiah approached their courtships/etc. in totally different ways, and not in ways that I expected. I don't believe for one minute that Josiah was thinking of Lauren this way at all. In fact, I can totally see Josiah and Lauren becoming the next David and Priscilla.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think this is the second Duggar wedding I have watched. First being Jinger's

What I noticed is her "The happiest day of my life" before she enters church. Seemed a bit weird, like she has to convince herself. And how terrible is it, your first kiss ever is in front of 1000 people. Awkward

Also, they know each other only nine months? Wow, that's nothing. And they talk about each other and their life like they are 30+ years and went through a lot in life

Edited by Snow Fairy
Forgot everything I wanted to say
  • Love 9

Omg! I knew Joy's boobs had gotten bigger, and I'd seen the photos of her in the bridesmaid dress, but holy hell! I'd not seen a side view! Those things are down to her waist! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, zenme said:

Omg! I knew Joy's boobs had gotten bigger, and I'd seen the photos of her in the bridesmaid dress, but holy hell! I'd not seen a side view! Those things are down to her waist! 

If you saw her from the neck down, you'd swear she was Michelle.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Is it just me or do Joy and the boy to her left look like they’re photoshopped in ? 

At least Izzy looks like he’s having fun . 

DC68F4B5-C789-4C8B-9565-BD82EF8FDF3F.jpeg

I think it's just you. I doubt anyone with an insta account called "loveduggarsforever" would have that level of Photoshop skilz or the money to hire it done.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, zenme said:

Get that girl a good supportive bra! 

• Love 7

Wedding video:

As a baby, Josiah looked like Gideon, minus the nostrils.

Dwain is the "officiater" of the wedding.

I think I spotted Cousin Amy sitting behind Diana Vuolo.

Have the other Duggars included "if God chooses to bless us with children" in their vows? I took it as a signal that they might not want to have kids right away and added that line as a cover. Wishful thinking...

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Wedding video:

As a baby, Josiah looked like Gideon, minus the nostrils.

Dwain is the "officiater" of the wedding.

I think I spotted Cousin Amy sitting behind Diana Vuolo.

Have the other Duggars included "if God chooses to bless us with children" in their vows? I took it as a signal that they might not want to have kids right away and added that line as a cover. Wishful thinking...

I thought the line about the kids was strange too. Either that or Lauren has or may have some issues. PCOS , endometriosis, or something like that.  Or maybe thwy just have enough sense not to take mega-fertility for granted. That would be a refreshing change.

Still liked dad’s officiating overall. I feel like he genuinely loved his daughter and was overwhelmed with emotion but did his best to pull it together.  Granted, if they wouldn’t insist on marrying off child brides, this day wouldn’t have come so soon, but they refuse to make that correlation. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I haven't been seeing the "looks like Jessa" until now, but that's who I thought that was 'til you said this.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think this is the second Duggar wedding I have watched. First being Jinger's

What I noticed is her "The happiest day of my life" before she enters church. Seemed a bit weird, like she has to convince herself. And how terrible is it, your first kiss ever is in front of 1000 people. Awkward

Also, they know each other only nine months? Wow, that's nothing. And they talk about each other and their life like they are 30+ years and went through a lot in life

That’s because of all the time they tell themselves they’ve been battling through sin!  Ages you before your time!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Christina87 said:

This totally confirmed a few things for me:

1. Josiah is either gay, a revel (ALERT stints), or just not into lauren...this seems like all parties know it's a fix-up job, like Josh. The over the top kiss, Josiah asking to kiss her, the kiss in the aisle, him picking her up and running...they're trying to sell him as a masculine koolaid drinker. 

2. When he wiped his face and she GRABBED his arm...geez! Give the dude a little room, lauren! You don't have to be holding both of his hands at all times. 

3. The look of relief / tears on JB's face during the kiss makes me think even more he had some kind of deadline for Josiah. 

5. Lauren needs to quit saying "finally!" She is not 40. It makes her look pathetic at 18! She sees herself as some kind of old maid, and doesn't mind rushing into this. 

My 19 year old (at the time) cousin kept calling herself an old maid at 19 because she had not married or had a child.  She is Mormon.  It's seriously crazy.

13 hours ago, graefin said:

Didn't Jeremy already do the "eccentric sock" thing during wedding to Jinger? I guess Josiah couldn't come up with an original idea for how to be, uh, original?

I think so but they are all the rage right now.  Our bookstore sells a variety of crazy socks.

• Love 4
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

My 19 year old (at the time) cousin kept calling herself an old maid at 19 because she had not married or had a child.  She is Mormon.  It's seriously crazy.

I think so but they are all the rage right now.  Our bookstore sells a variety of crazy socks.

If 19 and single with no kids makes you an old maid, I must be a fossil with no hope! I’m twice as old.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
Spelling
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

If 19 and single with no kids makes you an old maid, I must be a fossil withno hope! I’m teice as old.

RIGHT???!!!  It is sad to me that for some women getting married and having kids is something that has to be done right out of high school.  There are so many fun things to experience before settling down!

• Love 11

I did get married a month before I turned 21, but we did not have kids for 8 years.  Granted, this was 38 years ago, and people tend to get married later now.  

I cannot for the life of me understand teenagers wanting to have babies ASAP. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Is it just me or do Joy and the boy to her left look like they’re photoshopped in ? 

At least Izzy looks like he’s having fun . 

DC68F4B5-C789-4C8B-9565-BD82EF8FDF3F.jpeg

Yikes!  Both joy and that kid need some help!  Belly and boobs!

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I did get married a month before I turned 21, but we did not have kids for 8 years.  Granted, this was 38 years ago, and people tend to get married later now.  

I cannot for the life of me understand teenagers wanting to have babies ASAP. 

I was 18 when I got married, and almost 29 when we had our child.  Worked for us.  We're still together 40+ years later.  

Thank God for birth control.  Not an option for these folks, I know.  I'm with you, and never did I want to have a baby before we had been a couple for long enough to go to college, get jobs, buy a house, and just feel ready.

• Love 9

Joy sure does seem so overjoyed over Lauren being steady *sarcasm*. WTH? UGH and I don't like Lauren. I see her as a pushy bride who will make Josiah miserable. He is not a happy camper about getting married and it shows on everyone's face. Boob is the only one really excited that Josiah got married. I think it's going to be a hot mess of a marriage since Josiah got pushed into it.

Side note: Lauren's mom looks likes  Heather Thompson of the NY Housewifes show. 

• Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, Lunera said:

23 hours ago, Christina87 said:

21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

JD was having lustful sinful mind sex with AbaDaba during the boring ceremony...caught on tape....good for him.

JD & Abbie are so totally already engaged and soon to be married. Too cozy there.

Or, heck, maybe they're "old" enough and bold enough to just elope. That'd be awesome.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, LilJen said:

JD & Abbie are so totally already engaged and soon to be married. Too cozy there.

I bet we will find out right after Jinger drops her baby. Hurry Jinger, hurry JD needs to get married ASAP.

Wonder what state they will get married in? 

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Joy sure does seem so overjoyed over Lauren being steady *sarcasm*. WTH? UGH and I don't like Lauren. I see her as a pushy bride who will make Josiah miserable. He is not a happy camper about getting married and it shows on everyone's face. Boob is the only one really excited that Josiah got married. 

I see them as the next version of Josh and Anna. From the little I've seen of Lauren, her personality doesn't suit Si at all. I also don't get the vibe Si wants a bazillion kids and she seems like the type who'll whole-heartedly jump on the baby train. 

And yeah, the most flattering adjective Joy can come up with to describe Lauren is that she's "steady"?  I know Joy isn't exactly a scholar, but that's still not a good sign.

I also thought everybody at the reception looked bored, or at least that's how they appeared in Jill's video.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I bet we will find out right after Jinger drops her baby. Hurry Jinger, hurry JD needs to get married ASAP.

Wonder what state they will get married in? 

State of lust? ?

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

And yeah, the most flattering adjective Joy can come up with to describe Lauren is that she's "steady"?  I know Joy isn't exactly a scholar, but that's still not a good sign.

She simply chose what she felt was most applicable from the Gothard list of character qualities. (Yes, such a published list actually exists.) For some reason, I thought steady was a male-designated adjective, but I guess (based on Joy's usage, at least) it's unisex.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, zenme said:

She forcibly reminds me of the prow of a great ocean liner.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

State of lust? ?

exhilaration? impatience? The aforementioned (a week or two ago) rapture?

I think I got pulled down a thesaurus rabbit hole at some point while you were already posting what I was thinking :)

• Love 4