Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So is that some sort of expensive bespoke baby doll carriage?

Probably.  Natural wood wheeled baby and toddler toys are very trendy right now and :Lauren clearly follows the trends. Hence, the oatmeal décor in the house and the dopey hat she wears everywhere.

Looking at the cart/carriage Bella is pushing, it wouldn't be very tough to make.  If Siah or one of the Duggar uncles made it for her, I'd give it a pass.  Otherwise, it probably cost triple what a typical toddler push toy made of non-fancy stuff would run.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Temperance said:

While I'm a fan of color, a neutral design palette featuring lots of beige has a certain timeless popularity with many people. My grandma loved beige. 

Bella really looks like her mom. 

I was about to say, I love Lauren's decor. The house looks fresh and bright. I think for summer, I would've added a little color with some cute pillows or a throw, but it looks better than anything the Duggar daughters have tried to pull off. 

• Love 21
43 minutes ago, drafan said:

But only the girls will be pushing it.

18 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Is it a carriage though?  It looks like a generic cart that stuff can go in.  There is nothing "girl" about that thing.

Its advertised as a "toy box and walker".

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, Enya Face said:

Ok that baby is freaking ADORABLE! 

Replying to my own comment here, but I just noticed the ninja/I’m not sure seated in the background? Is that a human or just blurred background? Asking because I’m genuinely curious.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

There's a person in the background of the pic with Josiah who looks kind of ninja-esque because she's wearing a black mask (and has dark hair), but I don't know if that's what you're referring to. 

Thank you, @dargosmydaddy! My brain totally overshot the obvious, my bad. 

• Love 1

Josiah isn't the first man to fall in love with his child, and find a measure of happiness in the process. 

I like the beige. It's very soothing, although if it were mine, I'd like some French blue, peach, or sage green mixed in. And for my cats to not barf on the beige. And for me to never, ever drop a full glass of tea on the beige. Screw it, I can't have the beige. 

• LOL 17
7 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Cute baby, but why on earth would anyone dress a baby in a mustard-color romper?  Has the cardigan completely desensitized them all?

It is currently trendy to dress babies in earth tones and muddy colors.  Not my preference, either, but if you check out Instagram, Pinterest, etc; you'll find a great number of babies dressed in depressing, drab colored outfits.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4

It's kind of funny realizing that the Duggars were trendsetters with that ugly mustard sweater. What's next, burnt orange and avocado green? I lived through those colors 50 years ago, they're just as ugly now as they were then.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Every time I refer back to the picture of Josiah and Bella, my eyes are always drawn to his fingernails.  Are they permanently stained?  Or just dirty?

I wondered the same thing. Shouldn't he be handwashing constantly like the rest of us?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wondered the same thing. Shouldn't he be handwashing constantly like the rest of us?

well, he is a Duggar after all and they do things a little different

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Cute baby, but why on earth would anyone dress a baby in a mustard-color romper?  Has the cardigan completely desensitized them all?

My mother preferred dark colors that that don't show dirt as much.  She got tired of cleaning dirt off pastels. 

I actually think the romper is cute. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Every time I refer back to the picture of Josiah and Bella, my eyes are always drawn to his fingernails.  Are they permanently stained?  Or just dirty?

I would not be surprised if they were stained. They remind me of my stepfather's and my brothers hands, honestly now that I think about it all the mens in my family hands were stained that way. They worked on the family cars and boats.  To me that is the sign of someone who does manual labor.

Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

I would not be surprised if they were stained. They remind me of my stepfather's and my brothers hands, honestly now that I think about it all the men in my family hands were stained that way. They worked on the family cars and boats.  To me that is the sign of someone who does manual labor.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Nysha said:

It's kind of funny realizing that the Duggars were trendsetters with that ugly mustard sweater. What's next, burnt orange and avocado green? I lived through those colors 50 years ago, they're just as ugly now as they were then.

I adore burnt orange and avocado green! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Temperance said:

My mother preferred dark colors that that don't show dirt as much.  She got tired of cleaning dirt off pastels. 

I actually think the romper is cute. 

Dark colors don't have to be drab.   It's not limited to drab or pastels -- what about primary colors and brights that aren't drab?

2 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

They can be used to their advantage in a lot of places.  IMO infant wear isn't the place for drab. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I love burnt orange, and pretty much anything else in the red/orange/burgundy/magenta side of the spectrum. Avocado green I can live without, though I don't mind a touch of it here and there. Prefer it in guacamole, though 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I firmly believe the beige trend is Joanna Gaines's fault.  Her love of all things bland has permeated into every corner of American life.  

I've watched design shows for over 20 years and America was in love with beige long before she showed up. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Cannot stand 99.9% of what's shoved down our throats as trends spiraling out of HGTV shows -- most especially those coming from Joanna Gaines.  I was turned off by her repeated use of her aesthetic in the designs she put forth for every single client.  Real designers work with clients to get a feel for a client's preferences and then comes up with a riff that uses those preferences for inspiration.  I'd have probably had smoke coming from my ears after seeing the reveal of what she'd offer up for me after being told I only want stained kitchen cabinets, not painted; I don't want a farmhouse sink and I don't want shiplap anything.   

But do you want "cherecter"?  She believes all those things add "cherecter", haha.  Do we think Lauren has watched an episode or two on her phone? laptop?  Not a real TEEVEE of course.  How else do these girls know about Joanna?

• Love 9

not sure if she watches Joanna Gaines but the fundie crowd is certainly all about Pinterest. they are really no different on that than most in their age groups,  everything is boring and the same. I got invited to a drive thru baby shower for my niece next month - Harry Potter nursery theme they say and every dang thing is white, gray or beige.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 3

Lauren's second Bible has to be Pinterest.  Everything she posts is all about the latest trends.  One of these days someone important will admonish all the biege and will start adding color to the decorating pallet and the masses will follow.  

• Love 3

Lauren had Joanna Gaines' children's book on her registry for the baby. All fundies love Joanna Gaines.  She is a fundie magnet.

The property brothers also tended to do the same thing over and over again and veto the client's preferences. 

And I've been watching HGTV since the 90s; people have always loved beige. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/8/2020 at 7:51 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

There's a person in the background of the pic with Josiah who looks kind of ninja-esque because she's wearing a black mask (and has dark hair), but I don't know if that's what you're referring to. 

Having a Ninja in the background is the most interesting thing that has ever happened to this family.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Having a Ninja in the background is the most interesting thing that has ever happened to this family.

Now this is a TLC addition to the show I would be in support of. Just think of how much more lively those stupid family games and races would be if they were competing against a ninja!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Cannot stand 99.9% of what's shoved down our throats as trends spiraling out of HGTV shows -- most especially those coming from Joanna Gaines.  I was turned off by her repeated use of her aesthetic in the designs she put forth for every single client.  Real designers work with clients to get a feel for a client's preferences and then comes up with a riff that uses those preferences for inspiration.  I'd have probably had smoke coming from my ears after seeing the reveal of what she'd offer up for me after being told I only want stained kitchen cabinets, not painted; I don't want a farmhouse sink and I don't want shiplap anything.   

Same here. I caught the show during a marathon of it. Every single episode had the exact same colors. The same stuff. The shiplap. Neverending farm decorations. One episode she was suppose to decorate the house French Provincial and it looked exactly the same as all the other episodes. There was nothing French Provincial about it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10