Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Lauren seems to have that pissy, smell-something-stinky look a lot.  I'd bet she hates the TTH, and most (if not all) of her in-laws.

She always seems miserable at these family gatherings. As others have said, not that I blame her!  I’d hate the chaos, confusion, crappy food, and expectations. 

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

g47kpg8w50261.png

Why???  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Lauren has been wearing pants all along. I saw her pants long before this month.

In terms of pants wearing, it was a big deal in the beginning, but now most of the Duggar/Bates married women wear them. As stated it's up to headships, if they can wear pants or not. Also within the Duggars, the skirts only seems to matter way more to Michelle than JB.

As for Lauren being "unmarriageable",  I refuse to believe any teenager is doomed to forever singlehood. Plenty of fundie girls get married older than barely nineteen. (She was 18 when Si proposed.) Her parents thought it was a good match and she may have been excited at the idea of getting married. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Not only do many of the females wear pants, but their skirts are about 2 feet shorter than they used to be. I think someone posted a pic on here of Lauren, pre-baby, wearing a pair of tight ripped jeans. That surprised me because Lauren and her family felt very Gothard-y to me in the beginning.

I'm not sure Anna has ever shown her knees, but the rest of them have. Shortly after Jessa was married she posted a pic of her squatting down next to a flat tire with her knee on full display - it was scandalous. Now even Jana wears skirts and dresses above her knees and she's unmarried and living at home.

Michelle, on the other hand, would probably still have TLC black box her knees if they slipped out again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, awaken said:

She always seems miserable at these family gatherings. As others have said, not that I blame her!  I’d hate the chaos, confusion, crappy food, and expectations. 

Why???  

Absolutely, I would too.  Marrying into that cult (or any cult) would be a nightmare for me.  I don't appreciate being told what to think and do.

• Love 9

I know what it is like to go to huge extended-family holiday get-togethers, but in my family, alcohol is involved which makes it a bit more tolerable.   I can't image what it must be like with these people.  They are so boring on TV, what do they actually talk about in real life amoungst themselves?  It must be all how cute the latest grand-spawn is, look at my latest thriftstore haul and come see the beige tiles Jana has picked out for Howler #3's latest flip.  Yawn

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Love 13

I'm not even thinking about the weeds, I'm wondering what the hell that pose is? Never did I tell Mr. Madtown, "Hey let's go in the middle of some weeds and take a picture where it looks like you are spinning me around." Who does this?

I always wonder if Lauren just settled for Josiah. Just so she could be married and have a kid, because that's what she was born to do. She always looks so miserable with him. There is no way I would tell my parents that Josiah is the one if that is who they were gonna hook me up with. I'm sure she had no choice in the matter.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Maybe Lauren is an introvert, and feels uncomfortable around large groups of people. Maybe she is better in smaller groups. 

I don’t blame her for this, because I feel the same. But I never would have married into a huge family .

• Love 13

I know what it is like to go to huge extended-family holiday get-togethers, but in my family, alcohol is involved which makes it a bit more tolerable.   I can't image what it must be like with these people.  They are so boring on TV, what do they actually talk about in real life amoungst themselves?  It must be all how cute the latest grand-spawn is, look at my latest thriftstore haul and come see the beige tiles Jana has picked out for Howler #3's latest flip.  Yawn

Haha, Mr. X's family holiday get-togethers did not stint on the wine, beer, and other libations, either!  It does help when one is an introvert, like me!

Yeah, Duggar parties always look boring, and the attendees look like most of them are not having any fun at all.  Even Dillweed is probably tolerable with a few drinks in him.  The one I'd really like to see drinking is JereME, because he's so pretentious and self-absorbed.  Who knows?  Even Lauren might look happy after a couple of shots!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Haha, Mr. X's family holiday get-togethers did not stint on the wine, beer, and other libations, either!  It does help when one is an introvert, like me!

We also played card games, listened to and/or performed music and someone always decided to cook up some new appetizer or dessert on the fly on top of all the other food.

I'm sure the Duggar-fests are musicless, prayer-filled yet comehow embarrasing snooze-fests.

• Love 8

I watched the Duggars because I wanted to see what the children as adults would choose to do with their lives.  (stay under J&M or flee).

I apologize for the wall of text 🥺

Everyone chooses to marry or not marry for their own reasons: Some marry for love, some for children, some to get out of the unhappy life they are currently in, some for society/financial status and some for companionship. I'm sure there is more.

Presumably: Jana has chosen to be single because no one has come along that can give her a better life than what she has, she's also chosen to "educate" herself and has learned to do a great many things within her little world. 

Anna chose to marry Joshua, even after the scandal her brother offered to get her out and away from the Duggars; she chose to stand by her man. So apparently her current life, at least in her mind, is acceptable as J&M seem to be just fine supporting them.  

JD waited a very long time (for Duggars) to choose Abbie, and they appear to be very happy with each other. They are also capable of being financial independent of J&M 

Jill chose to marry Derrick and it appears the two of them do actually love/care for each other, I don’t see Derrick keeping her from educating herself if she so chooses. Derrick also has the capability to support them.

Jinger has been "freed" from the Duggars and chose someone who could/would take her places. Jeremy also has the capability of being financially independent.

Joy chose a man who is very much in her "comfort zone", again, it appears that they love and enjoy each other.   Austin has a ready-made financial stake in his parents campground, but also the capability of being independently of J&M

Jessa is very much like her parents and wants to be “in charge” so, she chose someone who was younger and besotted with her.  They are always going to be dependent on J&M supporting them.

Joe chose Kendra because she’s a bit “dim” like him. They both seem quite happy to be living under J&M rules & financial dependency.

Josiah & Lauren seem to be content with each other. You can see they both love their daughter. It doesn’t appear that Josiah knows exactly what he wants to “do” career wise, so he’ll do whatever job his father gives him: car lot manager, pilot, whatever. It’s possible that Lauren expects a bit more from him as she appears to be a high maintenance type of woman. He’s only 24 so we’ll just have to wait and see if he chooses to educate himself so that he can have a career, or if he chooses to be dependent on J&M.

• Love 6

From what we've seen of Lauren on the show, she doesn't seem to be an introvert. She seems to speak her mind, publicly pouts and doesn't seem to be shy about sitting out of whatever is going on. Since she planned this event, I'm guessing she likes being with the Duggar clan. It doesn't mean they enjoy being with her though.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Maybe Lauren is an introvert, and feels uncomfortable around large groups of people. Maybe she is better in smaller groups. 

That’s possible, I could see a Duggar family gathering being hell for an introvert. I don’t get that vibe from Lauren. (Being an introvert I mean)

Now I don’t think she’s a Kendra type- a naturally talkative extrovert that thrives in groups, but I think Lauren is attention hungry, and isn’t interesting enough to pull attention in a large group.

People that thrive on attention have to find socially acceptable ways to get that need met with they don’t drive their loved ones crazy (acting, public speaking, performance etc etc). 

I think if everyone was doing exactly what Lauren wanted to be doing she’d be thrilled to be in a large group. 

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

From what we've seen of Lauren on the show, she doesn't seem to be an introvert. She seems to speak her mind, publicly pouts and doesn't seem to be shy about sitting out of whatever is going on. Since she planned this event, I'm guessing she likes being with the Duggar clan. It doesn't mean they enjoy being with her though.

That’s kind of what I was thinking too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I imagine gatherings with the Duggar clan can be chaotic and overwhelming. I come from a huge extended family, but during holiday parties, the kids congregated together to play while the adults enjoyed cocktails in the "fancy room" at my grandparents' house. There wasn't 50 people of varying ages in one space shouting and running around. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I imagine gatherings with the Duggar clan can be chaotic and overwhelming. I come from a huge extended family, but during holiday parties, the kids congregated together to play while the adults enjoyed cocktails in the "fancy room" at my grandparents' house. There wasn't 50 people of varying ages in one space shouting and running around. 

Plus, I can’t imagine how loud it gets in that big, open space with the tile floor. The design of the TTH is ridiculous. (But, I’m sure Anna keeps hoping that her family will get to move in once the Howlers get married off.)

• Love 9

That one show where they grouped into teams to run around town collecting clues, she stayed behind with Michelle to watch the herd of babies/children. And on that youtube video of their Thanksgiving fall fair/ corona virus super spreader, she didn't go on the hayride. I think she stayed behind to help prepare and layout the dinner. She didn't do the dash race through the pumpkin patch hay field maze either. She stayed with Michelle, watching the kids, I'm sure.

Maybe she is doing what she has grown up doing.I remember family get togethers, and there were the same ones who hopped into the kitchen to help, and those who played around, and sat around. It was always the same people doing the same things. Maybe Lauren has found her place in such a chaotic, loud family. Behind the scenes, so to speak.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

But, I’m sure Anna keeps hoping that her family will get to move in once the Howlers get married off

I'll place a bet that she prays nightly for this.  I can see it now.  As the Howlers leave the nest and the Lost Girls grow up, it makes room for her brood to invade the TTH.  But, will Boob & Lolly move into the laundry room suite?  Time will tell....

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I personally don't think Lauren is an introvert. I am pretty introverted (to the point of being antisocial) but not at all shy, and I speak my mind. I think people mistakenly assume I am not introverted. What makes someone introverted is not a matter of shyness. It's just that they need to recharge after social interactions because it drains rather than energizes them. I can be very chatty and friendly and even abnormally outgoing, but it lasts about an hour or two at the most before I need to get the fuck away and recreationally isolate, as I like to call it.

Lauren doesn't seem to dislike events because she is overwhelmed. She seems to dislike them because she is not getting any attention. That's not a introvert/extrovert thing--that's a narcissistic thing. 

I'm sure Duggar events are absolute hell to any normal person, but I really don't think she would mind them if she got the attention she felt she was due. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

Lauren doesn't seem to dislike events because she is overwhelmed. She seems to dislike them because she is not getting any attention.

That’s exactly what I was getting at, and you said it so much better. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Zella said:

I personally don't think Lauren is an introvert. I am pretty introverted (to the point of being antisocial) but not at all shy, and I speak my mind. I think people mistakenly assume I am not introverted. What makes someone introverted is not a matter of shyness. It's just that they need to recharge after social interactions because it drains rather than energizes them. I can be very chatty and friendly and even abnormally outgoing, but it lasts about an hour or two at the most before I need to get the fuck away and recreationally isolate, as I like to call it.

Lauren doesn't seem to dislike events because she is overwhelmed. She seems to dislike them because she is not getting any attention. That's not a introvert/extrovert thing--that's a narcissistic thing. 

I'm sure Duggar events are absolute hell to any normal person, but I really don't think she would mind them if she got the attention she felt she was due. 

I so agree with you about Lauren.

Like you said introversion and extraversion are about what energizes folks. I think Lauren needs external stimulation, but longs for the kind of attention her personality does not attract.

I actually think Duggar events are suited for both introverts and extraverts. You can either join in or slither off unnoticed into your own space. Its not like they run around trying to make guests feel included.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Lauren needs external stimulation, but longs for the kind of attention her personality does not attract.

This is a really good summation of how she comes across. If she weren't so insufferable, I'd actually feel sorry for her. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think you have nailed it.  I absolutely hate attention drawn to me, and Mr. X knew (pre-pandemic) when he took me out for my birthday, never to tell the waitstaff that it was my birthday.  I'd want the floor to open and swallow me whole.

OTOH, I'm sure on Lauren's birthday, she would love the extra attention, just because she likes that.  She does come off that way.

• Love 4

I'll place a bet that she prays nightly for this.  I can see it now.  As the Howlers leave the nest and the Lost Girls grow up, it makes room for her brood to invade the TTH.  But, will Boob & Lolly move into the laundry room suite?  Time will tell....

They’ll move out of the Master Babymaking Suite when hell freezes over. Cede it to Josh and Anna? Over the patriarch’s cold dead body and that’s only if Michelle is too stoned on mood meds to notice.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That's true, because at the gender reveal they had, she was center of attention and she did seem to love the attention. (The one with them popping the balloons, that was for the gender reveal while pregnant with Bella, wasn't it? Or was it for the first one she miscarried? There are so many pregnancies in that cult, that they have become one giant blur.) 

Either way, she was all smiles, happy and chatty. So my theory is out the window. Lol

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

That's true, because at the gender reveal they had, she was center of attention and she did seem to love the attention. (The one with them popping the balloons, that was for the gender reveal while pregnant with Bella, wasn't it? Or was it for the first one she miscarried? There are so many pregnancies in that cult, that they have become one giant blur.) 

Either way, she was all smiles, happy and chatty. So my theory is out the window. Lol

I've not watched much of the show, but watching her lying on a couch in sight of everyone else during that marriage retreat when she claimed to not be feeling well was something straight out of the "look at me" playbook. That was pretty much true of every single thing she did during that episode. She wasn't getting attention because it focused on everyone, so she went about getting it the most passive-aggressive way possible.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

They are very well placed to inherit the house for their brood to move into. I’m sure Anna sees the warehouse as a staging area and is patiently biding her time. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've not watched much of the show, but watching her lying on a couch in sight of everyone else during that marriage retreat when she claimed to not be feeling well was something straight out of the "look at me" playbook. That was pretty much true of every single thing she did during that episode. She wasn't getting attention because it focused on everyone, so she went about getting it the most passive-aggressive way possible.

Oh, I forgot about that one. I do see what you're saying. Josiah and Lauren don't seem to work well together. It seemed that they both wanted the project to go their own way and weren't willing to cooperate or even listen to each other. So she feigns feeling sick and gives up. That's how it seemed to me. This couple is probably the ones that could use any marriage retreat the most! I also think that Josiah's fun, joking, easy attitude irritates her. She probably expects him to be standing beside her just as miserable as she is. She does always have a dark cloud looming over her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Oh, I forgot about that one. I do see what you're saying. Josiah and Lauren don't seem to work well together. It seemed that they both wanted the project to go their own way and weren't willing to cooperate or even listen to each other. So she feigns feeling sick and gives up. That's how it seemed to me. This couple is probably the ones that could use any marriage retreat the most! I also think that Josiah's fun, joking, easy attitude irritates her. She probably expects him to be standing beside her just as miserable as she is. She does always have a dark cloud looming over her.

They were an abysmal team--and I agree that they were both stubborn. I was expecting Ben and Jessa to be the worse team, but they worked better together than Josiah and Lauren did. Their dynamic basically seems like he can't read her or chooses not to, she reacts in the most toxically passive-aggressive fashion imaginable, and then he responds by spinelessly groveling, which just makes her even more passive-aggressive. It wouldn't surprise me if his ignoring her and then groveling is passive-aggressive in its own right if only to get martyr points with any onlookers or for pending fights.🤣 ("You didn't listen to me!" "Well, I was the one who read the vows into the damn phone--where were you?!") 

To be fair to her, I imagine there are issues on both sides, but they were acting like a jaded middle-aged couple on the verge of divorce in an Edward Albee play instead of relative newlyweds. 

And yes I suspect you're right that she expects him to react any way except the way he acts. 

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wonder whether she might possibly be pregnant again...she wore that style dress from moment one of her last pregnancy.

I think you might be right.  I notice that she's wearing a pink dress with a blue sweater, too.  Hmmmm.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

So people were watching Jessa's Thanksgiving video and noticed something. Dwain, Lana, and one of Lauren's sisters were holding the same baby at different times during the video. The baby wasn't Bella and looked too young to be their 2 year old. Dwain and Lana, Lauren's parents, had a baby in February 2018  four months before Lauren and Si married. So this baby looked younger than thaat 2.5 years old. Also Lana had a big scarf that might be a nursing cover. 

It's speculated Lauren's parents had a baby this year, based on above. The new baby seems to be a boy. He could just be a friend's baby, but he is consistently held by the Swansons. They had 9 kids when Lauren and Si married. If this is their baby, this would Swanson #10.  Lana is 44 soon to be 45.  I actually thought she might be pregnant, when Lauren gave birth to Bella. It would explain Lana letting Michelle take the lead and not really being in the room when her daughter gave birth. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 11

I was just thinking that Kendra is the only Duggar who is  currently pregnant.  Bella is a year old so I guess it's only a matter of time until we hear she will be getting a sibling.

Given her history it is possible that Lauren has decided to wait longer to announce any subsequent pregnancies.  That is actually a sensible idea.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 4
On 11/30/2020 at 1:35 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wonder whether she might possibly be pregnant again...she wore that style dress from moment one of her last pregnancy.

I had a dream last night that Lauren was pregnant. 

I'm kind of hoping that Lauren's pregnancy and birth process put her off having another one. Bella's an adorable doll that she can dress up and I doubt Josiah cares one way or the other about having more kids. 

I realize it's a pipe dream, but I want more for these kids* than popping out half a dozen babies before they're 30.

*I know they're adults but their they're around the same age and younger than my own kids.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 13

Hmmm, an obvious reference to How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I wonder how many Duggars know the story

I remember a video Josh did talking about putting Christ back into Christmas. Surely JB & M know the Grinch story. They certainly are getting lax in what they're allowing their younger kids to be exposed to.

• Love 6