Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

But do you want "cherecter"?  She believes all those things add "cherecter", haha.  Do we think Lauren has watched an episode or two on her phone? laptop?  Not a real TEEVEE of course.  How else do these girls know about Joanna?

That's the thing, a home should have the character of the people who reside there.  The homes I find most appealing are the ones that immediately feel like the family who lives there the minute you walk in the door. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

That's the thing, a home should have the character of the people who reside there.  The homes I find most appealing are the ones that immediately feel like the family who lives there the minute you walk in the door. 

Too true. If you know me, or even notice how I dress, you'd walk into my house and say, Yup, it hers. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

My entire house is neutral and it always has been because I like tan, cream and brown.  I always did, even as a child. But while my walls are a neutral greige, I’ve got accents of yellow in the formal LR/DR, navy in a couple rooms, eggplant in the kitchen, coral in the master, and persimmon in the guest bathroom.  It’s not nearly as busy as it sounds and is just enough color to keep it interesting, yet it all flows. 

Lauren’s problem, like Joanna Gaines, seems to be that even the accents are boring colors. Sometimes monochromatic color schemes are stunning or peaceful.  In an already cavernous room, or one awash in natural light, a little color can ground the room.  It also doesn’t feel authentic with Lauren because she’s such a trend follower. She dresses nicely so you’d think she’d reflect a little more of her personality in her home.  I find Kendra’s neutral home much more homey feeling. At Lauren’s house, I’d probably sit up perfectly straight on the sofa and not want to touch anything. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 15
58 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

My entire house is neutral and it always has been because I like tan, cream and brown.  I always did, even as a child. But while my walls are a neutral greige, I’ve got accents of yellow in the formal LR/DR, navy in a couple rooms, eggplant in the kitchen, coral in the master, and persimmon in the guest bathroom.  It’s not nearly as busy as it sounds and is just enough color to keep it interesting, yet it all flows. 

Lauren’s problem, like Joanna Gaines, seems to be that even the accents are boring colors. Sometimes monochromatic color schemes are stunning or peaceful.  In an already cavernous room, or one awash in natural light, a little color can ground the room.  It also doesn’t feel authentic with Lauren because she’s such a trend follower. She dresses nicely so you’d think she’d reflect a little more of her personality in her home.  I find Kendra’s neutral home much more homey feeling. At Lauren’s house, I’d probably sit up perfectly straight on the sofa and not want to touch anything. 

Yes, I don't have a problem with neutral tones in theory, but there is a fine line between calming and sterile.  I find Joanna and Lauren to be sterile.  Scrolling thru Lauren's Instagram, her house looks like a museum with a few plants added for greenery.  Not a welcoming space for guests and especially not for a baby.  Little Bella should be crawling around now and walking in a few more months and her home does not look equipped for that.  

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Tikichick said:

A home should please the people who live in it. Period. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Lauren's decorating style ( or lack thereof) matches her personality... dull. Sterile. Boring. Yawn.  And the way she talks, like she's always out of breath, is irritating. 

I assumed the voice was her interpretation of the keep sweet mantra, just a different twist on the vapid patronizing talking to toddlers style of Michelle.

• Love 9

this is interesting on Josiah's non current LLC - Millagro Designs LLC from Dun and Bradstreet. not sure how reliable any info is but I found it interesting.

"Milagro Designs LLC is located in Lowell, AR, United States and is part of the Professional Services Sector Industry. Milagro Designs LLC has 1 total employees across all of its locations and generates $27,976 in sales (USD)."

it is listed at Josiah's address

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2020 at 11:45 PM, andromeda331 said:

Same here. I caught the show during a marathon of it. Every single episode had the exact same colors. The same stuff. The shiplap. Neverending farm decorations. One episode she was suppose to decorate the house French Provincial and it looked exactly the same as all the other episodes. There was nothing French Provincial about it.

And everything from that Christina chick has bold grey and white tile everywhere and a tiled insert in the oversized shower stall.  Her kid is now able to choose it for her in 5 seconds.  Watch "Hometown" ....Erin uses lots of color and incorporates the owners' personalities and interests.

Back to Lauren....she needs to do yoga to learn how to breathe. Or maybe she was one of the first carriers of Covid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I sometimes pop over to Marjorie's instagram - she has really blossomed and thrived and is living her best life. College, two books, travel, sports. It's too bad that she and Josiah did not work out because she would have challenged him and made him push his boundaries. It makes me sad to see what he has become...I put the blame firmly on JB and Josh. Josh's sins have destroyed all opportunities for his younger brothers to break out and get away from the family (like he and Anna did to DC). Not only will none of the Christian Corporations want an association with the Duggar name, but he is now the cautionary tale that justifies the iron control the parents have on their kids. (we jokingly refer to my oldest brother as the E.D. (empire destroyer) because many an empire has been brought down by the idiot eldest son - this applies to Josh too) 

All of these boys should have gone to trade school and gained a skill - the lack of drive is appalling.

I actually feel sorry for Lauren - when she first came on the scene, she seemed very much of the spunky Marjorie mold, but marriage has destroyed all of her verve too. 

• Love 10
On 3/18/2020 at 12:44 PM, Temperance said:

Ruark, Michelle's maiden name, sounds Irish to me. 

Ruark is a cool name, it's too bad she adopted the "Duggar" name which is equivalent to a curse word in many social circles. I am surprised none of the kids have that name as their middle name?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Ruark is a cool name, it's too bad she adopted the "Duggar" name which is equivalent to a curse word in many social circles. I am surprised none of the kids have that name as their middle name?

I think Michelle is really judgmental about her family because she considers them overly permissive and insufficiently religious in the way she was raised, so she would never bestow her maiden name as a middle name (even though that is a common-enough practice in the South) on any of her children precisely because it would be a sign of honoring her birth family. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, Nysha said:

What's next, burnt orange and avocado green? I lived through those colors 50 years ago, they're just as ugly now as they were then.

Thanks a lot! You have triggered my PTSD from visits with my best friend while staying in the rumpus room/basement which was... avocado green and orange. From the plaid sofa-bed to the shag carpeting. '70s hell has returned to haunt me!

• LOL 4
On 4/28/2020 at 2:04 PM, Westiepeach said:

So, I'm in Cleveland, Channel 3 News has a new news anchor named Laura Caso. She reminds me of Lauren. Same coloring, same hair, same wide-set eyes... I always think of Lauren when I see her. Although Laura is a much more put together and better looking (sorry!). But I think of Lauren every day...

I have always thought Lauren was very beautiful. Even during her exhausting labour, she looked pretty darn good. It's sad that she is continuing the stereotype that beautiful women are lacking intelligence.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, ouinason said:
On 7/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

A cult where blame has to be placed on someone or something, and that someone is never a man (not like Josiah had anything to do with a nonviable pregnancy).  She needed Bella to be a healthy baby so she could stop feeling like a failure.  Now that she has her, Lauren can enjoy her life and her daughter.

How true!! I cannot imagine being viewed as 'successful' only if I were married and pumping out babies while always being 'joyfully' available to my husband. What about women who aren't able to carry a child, or a man who se sperm is inadequate (although I doubt any Duggar man would even test his sperm). The woman would be seen as 'not viable' never mind the pregnancy.

• Love 3

I think Si gives Bella the unconditional love his parents never gave him and he accepts that Lauren is part of the deal.

I know it won't happen, but I think Lauren would do great with two or three daughters to dress up instead of 10-15 kids who will overwhelm her every minute of the day.

• Love 20

Well I thought she was pregnant, but if that's a recent picture, then probably not. Considering she had her baby a week after Kendra, and Kendra is already pregnant, it's possible.

I like Lauren's outfit in the first picture. She is the most stylish of the Duggars to me. The shoes might not 'go" with the outfit, but considering they're out walking around, those shoes look appropriate. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I like Lauren's outfit in the first picture. She is the most stylish of the Duggars to me. The shoes might not 'go" with the outfit, but considering they're out walking around, those shoes look appropriate. 

I think so too, except for Jinger, but for some reason, it looks easy and fluid with Lauren. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think so too, except for Jinger, but for some reason, it looks easy and fluid with Lauren. 

I agree. Nothing too trendy. Just some well fitting, simple (and clean) pieces. Si still dresses in wrinkled, ill fitting clothes, like a Duggar.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What a cool place they're at. @Zella, do you know where that is?

I'm not sure. I almost wondered if the picture wasn't taken locally because the tree and sand combo looks kind of weird to me. Even the rocks look off to me. It looks like it's taken out West somewhere, but that's a random guess. Lol

Edited to add: I recognize the general landscape in pretty much anything Joy and Austin posts outside, but that many coniferous trees is really what made me go hmm. We have coniferous trees for sure, but for that to look like the only type of tree in the picture seems odd to me. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

"...when you get home from work." LOLOLOLforever

I know, right? I think I snorted at that line. 

He does look genuinely happy with his daughter, but when he is with Lauren (apparently his wife, since she signed the post 🙄) he has the “HELP ME” look in his eyes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'm not sure. I almost wondered if the picture wasn't taken locally because the tree and sand combo looks kind of weird to me. Even the rocks look off to me. It looks like it's taken out West somewhere, but that's a random guess. Lol

Edited to add: I recognize the general landscape in pretty much anything Joy and Austin posts outside, but that many coniferous trees is really what made me go hmm. We have coniferous trees for sure, but for that to look like the only type of tree in the picture seems odd to me. 

jb and michelle trust just bought some property earlier this year along the Beaver Reserve on a river if that helps in the sleuthing.

on a pennisula

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

jb and michelle trust just bought some property earlier this year along the Beaver Reserve on a river if that helps in the sleuthing.

on a pennisula

Beaver Lake, Arkansas? I could be wrong, but that treeline just doesn't look like Beaver Lake to me. 

Just random pics I found online, but this is more typical of local shorelines. Some of these are Beaver Lake and some of these are the Buffalo River, a couple of counties away from them. 

beaver-lake-194-692289f9d4b5b8855ae36989

ef9e2b42-daa9-46e1-82a0-b01d7570896e.f6.

193370802_NW-OUT-TAIL-10-29-001_ORIG.jpg

orig_b115b61f99de65dcaa2068f82c3630faed8

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Beaver Lake, Arkansas? I could be wrong, but that treeline just doesn't look like Beaver Lake to me. 

Just random pics I found online, but this is more typical of local shorelines. Some of these are Beaver Lake and some of these are the Buffalo River, a couple of counties away from them. 

beaver-lake-194-692289f9d4b5b8855ae36989

ef9e2b42-daa9-46e1-82a0-b01d7570896e.f6.

193370802_NW-OUT-TAIL-10-29-001_ORIG.jpg

orig_b115b61f99de65dcaa2068f82c3630faed8

Screenshot (2).png

• Useful 2
Just now, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (2).png

Thanks! That's interesting! I just don't really think that picture came from there, though maybe it did and their property just has some odd-looking terrain for the area. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i didn't really think the rocks fit in with that property but the pine trees made me think maybe

I noticed in the comments people are asking them if they went on a trip, but I have no clue if the ones who are asking that know anything, and I never saw a response from Josiah or Lauren. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think that’s pretty close to where Derick’s mom lives.

Blue Springs Village, which is also noted on the map, is about 30 minutes from Rogers, where Cathy lives. Beaver Lake is quite large, and there are parts of it near Rogers too. In fact, one of my favorite scenic drives is Highway 12, which goes from Rogers over the lake to the Hobbs State Park. 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Well I thought she was pregnant, but if that's a recent picture, then probably not. Considering she had her baby a week after Kendra, and Kendra is already pregnant, it's possible.

I love everything Lauren wears.  I love her fashion sense/style, plus everything she wears fits perfectly.  I wonder where she buys her clothes?  They all look chic and well-made IMO.

• Love 6