Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I thought Josh and Anna also have a covenant marriage too?

I believe they married in Florida, which is not a state that recognizes covenant marriages. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I'm sure they have the iron-clad covenant  marriage like the rest of the Duggars. 

It isn't iron clad at all.  It just takes a little longer to get a divorce or for one party to move out of state.  Covenant marriages require a longer separation and an agreement to do counseling, but divorce is still obtainable.  Equally covenant marriages are not acknowledged most states so a move to Oklahoma would put them under Oklahoma law or whichever state they chose.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It isn't iron clad at all.  It just takes a little longer to get a divorce or for one party to move out of state.  Covenant marriages require a longer separation and an agreement to do counseling, but divorce is still obtainable.  Equally covenant marriages are not acknowledged most states so a move to Oklahoma would put them under Oklahoma law or whichever state they chose.

Yep! This Arkansas attorney explains it pretty well: https://www.lesliecopelandlaw.com/divorcecustodyattorneylawyerfayettevillearkansas3/2018/1/6/covenant-marriage-in-arkansas-for-better-or-for-worse (Disclaimer: I have no clue who this lady is, but her info matches what is available on Arkansas Legal Services.) 

I think people often get hung up on the more restricted grounds for divorce, but one of those grounds is simply being separated for 2 years. There's also that favorite catch-all for Arkansas divorces ("general indignities.") When I am being nosy and poking around people's divorce records in public records--don't judge! I'm a curious soul 😇--that is a pretty common one to use here. It can include everything from abuse to just "rudeness." It is basically shorthand for "My spouse is an asshole, and I want out." And that is an acceptable grounds to break a covenant marriage. 

So, if any of them wanted to break a covenant marriage, they could claim "general indignities" and be exempt from claiming the more serious grounds and exempt from the mandatory separation period (which is only lengthy if that is the grounds being claimed--it is not a separate requirement for a divorce to break a covenant marriage) and be divorced in a matter of weeks. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5

"General indignities" I like that term. May be useful at work when I don't want to do something. And when my spouse does something annoying.

Seems strange for a divorce but ok.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
Just now, Chicklet said:

"General indignities" I like that term. May be useful at work when I don't want to do something. And when my spouse does something annoying.

It's a great phrase and applicable to so many situations! 😂

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I've heard that Siah and Lauren were set up to tame them, because they were both difficult children. 

That's Katie's (Without a Crystal Ball) claim.

5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Mr. M and his first wife divorced back in the dark ages before no fault divorce was available in their state, so they had to use "mental cruelty" as the reason.  Most of the time, such as in their case, that was code for "there's been no adultery, abandonment, or physical abuse, we just want out".

"General indignities" sounds so much better than "mental cruelty".  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I remember someone saying once that it should be harder to obtain a marriage license and getting divorced should be easier. That has always stuck with me.

I strongly suspect Josiah and Lauren would not have gotten married if they had been engaged for a much longer period of time. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Second picture is a video:

2 pictures:

Today's celebration (at the Duggar compound). It's Monday Family Night after all, and we know these people aren't socially distancing.

• Love 3

21 and married to that sack and that family for the rest of her life. That is a lonnnnngggg life ahead of her. By 25 there will probably be 3 or 4 children in those birthday pictures.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Madtown said:

21 and married to that sack and that family for the rest of her life. That is a lonnnnngggg life ahead of her. By 25 there will probably be 3 or 4 children in those birthday pictures.

By January all of this round of babies will be a year or older. I wonder who of the mommy crew will be the first to be pregnant.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

By January all of this round of babies will be a year or older. I wonder who of the mommy crew will be the first to be pregnant.

Tough call. I'm thinking Jessa since Ivy will be 1 soon, but Lauren thinks babies are her only job, so she could be a close second. I don't think JD and Abbie are ones to have baby after baby. Jinger could get pregnant soon, but I think Jer has a lot of control over that and I don't think they are going to have a ton of kids either. Of course I could be wrong on all of these...lol

• Love 4

Some of the Duggar 19 and their spouses think birth control is akin to termination. It is a tough call who of the bunch, besides Jeremy, think God's okay with them controlling how many blessings they have.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Second picture is a video:

2 pictures:

Josiah looks like he's making a hostage video at gunpoint.

Lauren's age as well as her lack of any other purpose in life make her the best candidate for the next baby, I think.  Jessa doesn't have much going on in her life except her 3 kids, but I don't see her in a rush to have a fourth.  Abby and JD just don't seem like they'd be in a big hurry, either.  I think Lauren is most likely to view it as a competition and to try and beat the others to the pee stick.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 8

I love Lauren's outfit in that birthday picture. Very cute and casual.

Si's birthday message was cringey. He has zero emotion in his facial expression, so the words come off as hollow. He should've written something instead.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Madtown said:

That thought got me clinically depressed.

Kendra or Jessa pregnant next.

• Love 1

Ivy's a little older so I don't consider Jessa in the same group as the others.  Jessa may already be pregnant and if she's not, I think she will be soon.

As for the three in November, I think Lauren will have the next baby. She has fewer kids than Kendra and Anna and in general people like to get 2 kids. 

I think it would have been nice for Lauren to go to a package store and buy a bottle of wine, but it probably didn't happen. 

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I wonder if Lauren cooked her own birthday meal. 

She claimed it was a surprise. There was enough steak on her plate for 5 people. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In a video in their Instagram stories, Josiah said the way to know what she likes is by going to her Pinterest board. Ok then.

I'm giving him a bit of credit for making the effort to find out what she likes.  Yes, he should ask her, but some people don't like asking as they want to surprise the birthday person

• Love 12
(edited)
20 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I wonder if Lauren cooked her own birthday meal. 

Or Si could have whipped her up a birthday dinner made from scraping together leftovers from the big house.

Edited by louannems
  • LOL 9
On 5/19/2020 at 10:54 AM, BitterApple said:

Si's birthday message was cringey. He has zero emotion in his facial expression, so the words come off as hollow. He should've written something instead.

He should have just, dunno, said something like this directly to his wife? These public tributes at gunpoint are just pathetic. Even if he means any of it (and I do have other theories) it comes across as so artificial. 
Forced tribute is no tribute at all. Buy her some flowers and a phony card.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He should have just, dunno, said something like this directly to his wife? These public tributes at gunpoint are just pathetic. Even if he means any of it (and I do have other theories) it comes across as so artificial. 
Forced tribute is no tribute at all. Buy her some flowers and a phony card.

This is my problem with pretty much all social media tributes. Like, why does the whole world have to see these performative paeans? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is my problem with pretty much all social media tributes. Like, why does the whole world have to see these performative paeans? 

Isn't that the whole purpose of social media with the young 'uns?

• Love 7
13 hours ago, louannems said:

Or Si could have whipped her up a birthday dinner made from scraping together leftovers from the big house.

As long as it was gluten free!  👍🏼😁

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ouinason said:

He could have given her diamonds and bangin oral sex and it wouldn't have counted if he hadn't put up something on insta.

Social media is a tool of Satan

I don’t know about Lauren, but there’s not many gifts that can too diamonds and bangin’ oral sex. Actually, keep the diamonds and just take the oral sex, but this is Josiah.  YMMV

• LOL 4
  • Love 1