Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

This part of Lauren's message makes my spidey-sense tingle.

"I know a lot of us can’t go to church or spend this day with the ones we love like we wish to."

No one in the USA should be going to church today that I know of. It could be just away to placate their non-social distancing friends, but it sounds like maybe they did go somewhere. There were recent pictures of them at the TTH so they broke quarantine once. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably the Caldwells'. But we don't know for sure.

Eek that’s scary, didn’t pastor Caldwell insinuate COVID was a hoax and social distancing an overreaction? Maybe they didn’t all get dressed for a computer session on the couch after all ☹️ 

Replying to @Nysha from the JD & Abbie thread. 

I agree. Being an eldest girl, although it comes it a lot of work, also comes with a lot of praise, attention and power in these fundy families. Lauren was used to being the head of her group of siblings and now among the Duggars she’s a “nobody“. I don’t think Josiah is into her the way Joe is into Kendra (no comment about his sexuality I just don’t think he’s crazy about her). I don’t see Josiah being mean to her, but I can see it being hard to live with someone who’s just “okay” with you and you’re expecting great love. 

I do think she is cute and dresses a hell of a lot better than most of the Duggar girls. She, Jinger and Kendra are the best dressed (not in that order though). 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Replying to @Nysha from the JD & Abbie thread. 

I agree. Being an eldest girl, although it comes it a lot of work, also comes with a lot of praise, attention and power in these fundy families. Lauren was used to being the head of her group of siblings and now among the Duggars she’s a “nobody“. I don’t think Josiah is into her the way Joe is into Kendra (no comment about his sexuality I just don’t think he’s crazy about her). I don’t see Josiah being mean to her, but I can see it being hard to live with someone who’s just “okay” with you and you’re expecting great love. 

I do think she is cute and dresses a hell of a lot better than most of the Duggar girls. She, Jinger and Kendra are the best dressed (not in that order though). 

I also think Lauren learned early on that whining brought her parents' attention.  Being one of many causes you to find your own way for either Mom or Dad to pay you any mind.  One or both of her parents rewarded the whining, and she does it as an adult.  She is too young to realize she doesn't have to whine to get Josiah's attention, there are other ways.  It's no different than Jessa being a raging bitch.  Or Josiah as a child before it was indoctrinated out of him.  You gotta do what you gotta do in order to get a sliver of your parents' attention.  It takes years to unlearn, and that is after you have an epiphany about why you behave that way.  I don't see Lauren ever having that epiphany.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 4/2/2020 at 7:14 PM, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

On 4/12/2020 at 4:25 PM, ginger90 said:

I try not to comment on how babies look but poor Bella seems to have inherited the large Duggar head & forehead. More noticeable on the 2nd picture of the top ones & definitely in the Easter picture where she is looking down.  Hoping she will have bangs when she gets older to make her forehead less noticeable.  

ETA:  I usually love bald headed babies (I was one myself) but there's something about Bella that makes me skeevy. It may just be the large head & forehead. 

OK, I'll show myself to the Prayer Closet for picking on babies looks. I'm hoping there's a good Jesus jigsaw puzzle to work on while I'm there as they have been my go to during the quarantine.

• Love 6

It’s called Easter. Are you declaring a war on Easter, Josiah? Do you hate Jesus and Christianity? 

On the contrary, people who insist on calling it Resurrection Day will tell you that they're the ones keeping the focus on Jesus. The word Easter does have its roots in ancient Paganism. I'm just saying, I think they're being consistent on this one point. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Portia said:

On the contrary, people who insist on calling it Resurrection Day will tell you that they're the ones keeping the focus on Jesus. The word Easter does have its roots in ancient Paganism. I'm just saying, I think they're being consistent on this one point. 

Yep it's a real holier than thou move, really. 

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, Bella has blue eyes and Lauren's eyes look to be brown. Do most of the Duggars have blue eyes?

I think Lauren's eyes look like they're maybe gray or hazel.  It is genetically possible for brown eyed parents to have a blue eyed child, though.  My sister and brother in law both have brown eyes.  Among their 3 kids; 1 had hazel eyes, 1 is brown eyed and 1 has bright blue eyes.

JB and Mechelle both have blue eyes, it appears, so chances are that most, if not all, of their kids do too.

There are at least 6 genes that determine eye color, there is also a genetic issue called variable penetrance.  Those things combined give a wide variety of possible eye colors.  It even causes some people, like actress Jane Seymour, to have two different colored eyes.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I think Lauren's eyes look like they're maybe gray or hazel.  It is genetically possible for brown eyed parents to have a blue eyed child, though.  My sister and brother in law both have brown eyes.  Among their 3 kids; 1 had hazel eyes, 1 is brown eyed and 1 has bright blue eyes.

JB and Mechelle both have blue eyes, it appears, so chances are that most, if not all, of their kids do too.

There are at least 6 genes that determine eye color, there is also a genetic issue called variable penetrance.  Those things combined give a wide variety of possible eye colors.  It even causes some people, like actress Jane Seymour, to have two different colored eyes.

I wonder if Jane Seymour wore tinted contact lenses while acting. I never noticed her eyes until I saw her on the cover of a magazine. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, Bella has blue eyes and Lauren's eyes look to be brown. Do most of the Duggars have blue eyes?

She’s also a baby- dont a lot of Caucasian babies have blue eyes when they are infants and their eye color change?. How old is Bella these days? I think she’s younger than 9months so pretty young still. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Same with my family. Both of my parents were brown-eyed and I am too. But each of my parents had a blue-eyed parent, and my brother is blue-eyed.

Regardless of Lauren's eye color (which does look more hazel to me than truly brown), Josiah is blue-eyed, so I don't find it surprising Bella is blue-eyed too. 

And though it's not my experience in my family--we can be pretty dark in coloring, so a lot of us, myself included, were born with dark eyes and they've stayed that way--@Scarlett45 is right about Caucasian babies often starting out blue eyed before their eye color changes. That's actually something I learned on this board several months ago! I hadn't known that! 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

She’s also a baby- dont a lot of Caucasian babies have blue eyes when they are infants and their eye color change?

Indeed.  I have blue eyes, my husband's are brown.  I was so excited when I had my two blue-eyed babies...except now one child's eyes are brown and the other hazel.  Oh well. 🙂

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm pretty sure Josiah has blue eyes, so it really isn't a case of two brown eyed parents having a recessive gene blue eyed baby.

Yep! 

latest?cb=20191226182449

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A good number of the Duggars have green eyes as well, including Jana, Jessa, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, and Joy. I think Michelle has blue eyes and Jim Bob green?

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He looks high or something in this photo.. 

He kinda does, doesn't he? I kept staring at his unfortunate hairline. Dude does not look in his 20s at all. He looks like a rough 40. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

He kinda does, doesn't he? I kept staring at his unfortunate hairline. Dude does not look in his 20s at all. He looks like a rough 40. 

Probably would look better (not younger though) if he lost his version of the comb over - his puff.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Zella said:

Same with my family. Both of my parents were brown-eyed and I am too. But each of my parents had a blue-eyed parent, and my brother is blue-eyed.

Regardless of Lauren's eye color (which does look more hazel to me than truly brown), Josiah is blue-eyed, so I don't find it surprising Bella is blue-eyed too. 

And though it's not my experience in my family--we can be pretty dark in coloring, so a lot of us, myself included, were born with dark eyes and they've stayed that way--@Scarlett45 is right about Caucasian babies often starting out blue eyed before their eye color changes. That's actually something I learned on this board several months ago! I hadn't known that! 🙂 

My great nephew’s eyes were gray for about the first six months of his life.  His mom’s eyes are either brown or hazel, and my nephew’s eyes are dark brown.  He probably got that color from his mom since she’s white, we’re African-American and our Scottish ancestry was about six generations back.  Genetics can unpredictable like that.  

OT: Bella is all Duggar so it’s no surprise she has their blue eyes.  Are Josiah’s eyes blue? 

20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He looks high or something in this photo.. 

I’ll give him a pass on his stoned look.  Bella looks really young in that picture, and Josiah has that new baby=SEVERELY sleep-deprived look in his eyes.   

• Love 14
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Probably would look better (not younger though) if he lost his version of the comb over - his puff.

just shave the sides and aquanet up a mohawk

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Bella looks really young in that picture, and Josiah has that new baby=SEVERELY sleep-deprived look in his eyes.  

Yes, it was from Christmas... I can see the edge of Lauren's infamous hat!

• Love 4

So, I'm in Cleveland, Channel 3 News has a new news anchor named Laura Caso. She reminds me of Lauren. Same coloring, same hair, same wide-set eyes... I always think of Lauren when I see her. Although Laura is a much more put together and better looking (sorry!). But I think of Lauren every day...

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So, I'm in Cleveland, Channel 3 News has a new news anchor named Laura Caso. She reminds me of Lauren. Same coloring, same hair, same wide-set eyes... I always think of Lauren when I see her. Although Laura is a much more put together and better looking (sorry!). But I think of Lauren every day...

I googled the young lady of which you speak. She (below) DOES look like an older prettier Lauren. Now I do think Lauren is pretty, but her face is more “interesting” rather than classically doll like. image.jpeg.de25590ad04b88b92b5ab681ebc1be80.jpeg

Lauren’s large eyes and fuller lips make it interesting, and I think her El Salvadoran ancestry makes her stand out in the fundy world as far as beauty standards go.   She’s got tons of eyelid space, a makeup artists dream🤣

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

If you see Laura on TV, in real life, she really reminds me of Lauren. That picture above is more of a glamour shot! LOL! But you all get my drift!

But they do look alike! I see it. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

If you see Laura on TV, in real life, she really reminds me of Lauren. That picture above is more of a glamour shot! LOL! But you all get my drift!

I like her as a newsperson and did think she looked kinda familiar.  Thanks for pointing out the resemblance.

She also seems fairly mature and not much of a whiner despite moving to Cleveland in the midst of a dark, rainy, cold spring and almost immediately having to self quarantine; so the resemblance is only skin deep, methinks.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2020 at 2:18 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I googled the young lady of which you speak. She (below) DOES look like an older prettier Lauren. Now I do think Lauren is pretty, but her face is more “interesting” rather than classically doll like.

I think if Lauren wore professionally applied make-up and colors suitable to her skin tone, she's look even more like Laura. 

• Love 2