Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

Gee, Lauren dressed up as a "Mrs. Claus-type" and Josiah as the Grinch. Didn't the parents make a special point to let us know that they absolutely did not include ANY un-christian symbols, traditions regarding their Christmas holiday? They stated that they flat out disregard a belief in Santa Claus as soon as the baby left the womb?...no Christmas tree, it's religious ONLY. So, what happened? I love how the DON'T EXPLAIN changes in their practices....I'd like to know why this is not ok.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Gee, Lauren dressed up as a "Mrs. Claus-type" and Josiah as the Grinch. Didn't the parents make a special point to let us know that they absolutely did not include ANY un-christian symbols, traditions regarding their Christmas holiday? They stated that they flat out disregard a belief in Santa Claus as soon as the baby left the womb?...no Christmas tree, it's religious ONLY. So, what happened? I love how the DON'T EXPLAIN changes in their practices....I'd like to know why this is not ok.

They've had Christmas trees on and off since Josh was little, but they don't celebrate Santa and never have, as far as I know. 

Michelle freaked out when Jessa and Ben held hands during prayer, pre-engagement and she almost fell over herself when 5 year old Josie's sweater slipped and exposed her shoulder. Neither of which have anything to do with Jesus.

But like you said, during a season in which Jesus is celebrated, they let the Grinch in, with nary a peep.

• Love 13

It’s better than going with a single letter for all the names. You can find nice names for every letter of the alphabet, and not have to stretch to weird spellings (Jinger) or similar names (Joy Anna & Johannah). Still dumb. Just choose names that appeal to you. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

Just choose names that appeal to you. 

I agree. Say Lauren falls in love with an "S" or a "T" name. Is she going to forgo them for the sake of sticking to the theme? A theme nobody really gives a crap about?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Say Lauren falls in love with an "S" or a "T" name. Is she going to forgo them for the sake of sticking to the theme? A theme nobody really gives a crap about?

IMO a theme was a necessity for JB and Michelle.   First they were marking out their cult identity as progeny of JB.   Then it was a means of attracting ever more eyeballs as they began to multiply and became very, very fruitful.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Lauren. I think that when she was planning her wedding to whatshisname Duggar, she expected to be the next Breakout Star™ on TLC. She hadn't gotten the memo that nobody outshines, outranks, or grabs the spotlight from JB and Michelle, even if their TLC screentime is down since Joshgate. Nobody.

And, sorry, Lauren, nobody much, out in the great American public, cares whether your loinfruit are alphabetized or not. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Poor Lauren. I think that when she was planning her wedding to whatshisname Duggar, she expected to be the next Breakout Star™ on TLC. She hadn't gotten the memo that nobody outshines, outranks, or grabs the spotlight from JB and Michelle, even if their TLC screentime is down since Joshgate. Nobody.

And, sorry, Lauren, nobody much, out in the great American public, cares whether your loinfruit are alphabetized or not. 

hahaha - this is how I picture Mama Spivey feeling right now while planning her daughter's wedding to whatshisname Duggar. Only mama spivey wants to be right there with the 2 she expects/hopes will be the next breakout stars. Hilary is probably figuring out a naming scheme for Claritin's baby train even as we speak....

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
On 12/23/2020 at 5:29 AM, floridamom said:

How much money do these people spend on silly costumes?

Well, they'll never have to pay for school uniforms. Or for anybody to go to college. 😁

(Even if they follow their mom to her college, those schools don't keep you long and aren't very expensive.....But Lauren seems to have disliked college, and she's a Duggar now......So I guess I'm betting her kid/kids won't go at all....)

• Love 2
On 12/24/2020 at 5:11 AM, floridamom said:

Maybe they're trying to be more relatable to the masses as their TeeVee audience slowly slips away. ... Can't afford for it to dip below a million. So -- in with Santa and the Grinch. 

JB and M have only ever believed what's congenial to their desires and convenient for those two in particular, anyway. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

She hadn't gotten the memo that nobody outshines, outranks, or grabs the spotlight from JB and Michelle, even if their TLC screentime is down since Joshgate. Nobody.

Absolutely, as Hillary Spivey is about to find out.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 12/24/2020 at 5:11 AM, floridamom said:

Didn't the parents make a special point to let us know that they absolutely did not include ANY un-christian symbols, traditions regarding their Christmas holiday? They stated that they flat out disregard a belief in Santa Claus as soon as the baby left the womb?...no Christmas tree, it's religious ONLY. So, what happened? I love how the DON'T EXPLAIN changes in their practices....I'd like to know why this is not ok.

Over on the Duggars' Facebook page, they're denying that they EVER said that they're against Santa or Christmas trees. It's just that sometimes they include these things in their celebration and sometimes they don't. Yeah, right.

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Absolutely, as Hillary Spivey is about to find out.

I'm sure that Jim Bob has already pegged Hillary as a potential source of trouble and will ice her out as soon as he can.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wonder how many people in the general population even know she exists.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

A quote from Michelle - 

“Early in our marriage, Jim Bob and I really wanted to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. And so, we didn’t focus on Santa. We kept that idea out of the whole celebration, we explained to the children who Santa was historically, but focused on his good deeds and his ministering to children. We tell them about the true person of Saint Nicholas, but don’t sensationalize him.”

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A quote from Michelle - 

“Early in our marriage, Jim Bob and I really wanted to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. And so, we didn’t focus on Santa. We kept that idea out of the whole celebration, we explained to the children who Santa was historically, but focused on his good deeds and his ministering to children. We tell them about the true person of Saint Nicholas, but don’t sensationalize him.”

Lord, the smug sanctimonious bullsh*t is just endless with these people.

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A quote from Michelle - 

Ah, yes. Meechelle "explaining" anything "historically." 

That'll be the day. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Ah, yes. Meechelle "explaining" anything "historically." 

That'll be the day. 

Said in a whispery, sing/songy voice -

So when St Nicholas saw the joy his gifts brought, he wanted to spread his kindness to all the little boys and girls. He knew he'd need help, so he gathered up some pterodactyls to fly his sled all over the world.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 22
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Said in a whispery, sing/songy voice -

So when St Nicholas saw the joy his gifts brought, he wanted to spread his to kindness all the little boys and girls. He knew he need help, so he gathered up some pterodactyls to fly his sled all over the world.

It's barely 6 am here in Colorado and I'm only halfway through my first cup of coffee. At first I read that as "gathered up some pterodactyls to fly his weed all over the world."

Edited by Jeeves
I can't read or write just yet. sorry.
  • LOL 19
Just now, Jeeves said:

It's barely 6 am here in Colorado and I'm only through half of my first cup of coffee. At first I read that as "gathered up some pterodactyls to fly his weed all over the world."

That too. For the older, non-Fundamental, boys and girls.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A quote from Michelle - 

Eh, St Nicholas has nothing to do with Christmas - he comes on 6th December

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Say Lauren falls in love with an "S" or a "T" name. Is she going to forgo them for the sake of sticking to the theme? A theme nobody really gives a crap about?

Or even an early alphabet name that she loves, but ends up having the opposite gender child for that letter? I sense some creative spellings in her future, ala Michelle with Jinger.

Lauren and Josiah remind me a little of the (fictitious) family in a book I loved as a kid, Ten Kids, No Pets by Ann M. Martin (author of the Baby-Sitters Club series). The family had ten kids named alphabetically, but the names were taken specifically from the order of a baby name book-- so kid 1 got the first A name listed for their gender, kid 2 got the second B name listed, etc. Can you imagine letting the baby name book name your child?! They ended up with some really terrible names, too, like Bainbridge and Eberhard.

Ann M. Martin definitely wrote a few quiverfull-esque families (minus the religious aspect). The alphabetical family had their first ten kids in nine years (there was a set of twins as F & G), plus another kid six or seven years later. And then there were the Pikes in the BSC series-- eight kids in six years! Kids two through four were triplets, and they had three more kids in the three years after the triplets' birth (plus the last not long after that)--WTF!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Eh, St Nicholas has nothing to do with Christmas - he comes on 6th December

More Duggar hysterical history. Didn't JB explain to his kids when they were visiting England on TLC's dime, that King James wrote the Bible? 

The laffs just keep on coming with this crowd.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

More Duggar hysterical history. Didn't JB explain to his kids when they were visiting England on TLC's dime, that King James wrote the Bible? 

The laffs just keep on coming with this crowd.

I've heard quite a few fundies claim that King James wrote the KJV, and I always find that so baffling. Though I did also have one lunatic explain to me that the KJV was a Catholic Bible and that's why she didn't read it. 

I'm not sure what my face looked like when she said that.

In any event, it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Bob's circle all think that James wrote the KJV. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/31/2020 at 9:23 PM, Albanyguy said:

King James was a multi-tasker. While he was busy writing the Bible, he was also having hot man-on-man sex with his boyfriend, the Duke of Buckingham. I'd love to watch Jim Bob try to wrap his head around that one.

Ah now, we all know that the KJV is the NICE Bible, the GOOD Bible! Or else, Jilly Rodders will come and haunt you in your sleep

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Ah now, we all know that the KJV is the NICE Bible, the GOOD Bible! Or else, Jilly Rodders will come and haunt you in your sleep

The GOOD Bible, like the GOOD Olive Garden? 😉

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Wonder if JB thinks the "original" Bible was written in English--OK, British English. 

Of course he does, don't you remember when they were in Scotland and he was trying to preach to that young man about God and Jesus and the KJV bible? I'm sure he thinks Jesus was white, with blue eyes, and spoke perfect english.

With a southern accent probably.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 12/30/2020 at 12:43 PM, iwantcookies said:

If next kid is named Caleb or Caroline it’s a letter theme, 

They cannot use Caleb, that's what Michelle named the miscarriage that she claims was caused by oral contraceptives.  Nobody gets to usurp Meechelle.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Julie Caleba has a nice ring to it 

Michells head would explode

Julie Caleblyn. 😄 So her name fits with some of the other cousins. 

• LOL 4
On 1/3/2021 at 2:09 PM, doodlebug said:

They cannot use Caleb, that's what Michelle named the miscarriage that she claims was caused by oral contraceptives.  Nobody gets to usurp Meechelle.

Except Mullet didn't name that pregnancy until years after the fact. I guess she realized she needed to name the embryo for it to "count." 

• Useful 5
58 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Except Mullet didn't name that pregnancy until years after the fact. I guess she realized she needed to name the embryo for it to "count." 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:26 PM, iwantcookies said:

Julie Caleba has a nice ring to it 

Michells head would explode

I would pay a lot of money to see Mee-Chelle’s head explode.

Meet me in the Prayer Closet? I got wine.

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

In that case, I wonder why she didn’t give it a “J” name. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Just watched Layla Stewart’s first birthday party on YouTube with surprise guest Joy and Evie. And guess who the party planner was? Lauren! Looks like Josiah was there helping too. Didn’t know they were so close to Carlin and Evan. Lauren actually seemed pleasant, she must just get grumpy around Duggars. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

My memory may be failing me, but I think a few sharp-eyed observers on here have seen Lauren wearing stuff the Bates girls were wearing first. Maybe they're not friends, but Lauren is a bit of a groupie? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Zella said:

My memory may be failing me, but I think a few sharp-eyed observers on here have seen Lauren wearing stuff the Bates girls were wearing first. Maybe they're not friends, but Lauren is a bit of a groupie? 

There was a whole Instagram thing where people commented that Lauren was copying Josie Balka’s outfits. It seemed to be a big nothing except on SM. So many young moms post similar oatmeal or beige clothes on themselves and their babies these days it’s tough to say someone’s copying.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Just watched Layla Stewart’s first birthday party on YouTube with surprise guest Joy and Evie. And guess who the party planner was? Lauren! Looks like Josiah was there helping too. Didn’t know they were so close to Carlin and Evan. Lauren actually seemed pleasant, she must just get grumpy around Duggars. 

Hmm, Lauren was also the planner of the actually fun looking (pandemic aside) Duggar Fall Festival -- and she didn't have her usual disgruntled puss in the videos.   Maybe she actually has an interest in something, has recognized she has a talent for it and is seeking outlets.   I can't shade a girl who is making an effort to find some fulfillment in her life -- especially if her normal orbit is the Duggar galaxy.   

• Love 23