Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sure the high-end stores would also give MM & Ben a private viewing of all the stuff with one sales-pusher and plenty of room for social distancing with masks, visors, aprons & gloves, whatever she wants.

Maybe she thinks the stores will contact her to offer their services, but they are thinking, no thanks, we don't want the drama.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

I just realized that the show will probably gift her a crib before she goes on maternity leave because there's no way they'll send her off without a gift of some kind. I had to do some deep breathing exercises to calm down after that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
(edited)
14 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I just realized that the show will probably gift her a crib before she goes on maternity leave because there's no way they'll send her off without a gift of some kind

That's it!  I bet all this "woe is me" about a crib is Meghan's passive-aggressive way of angling for one of those fancy-schmancy cribs that Whoopie gifted Abby with two of a year ago. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

Holy shit, I do believe you all collectively just cracked the baby crib code.  She's been angling for free shit all along.  And just like that, the crisis is over.  Thank God.  Now I can concentrate on the other 2 major issues of the world, now that the most important one is over.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm surprised she isn't having a custom made crib built.  Red, white and blue with flags painted on it.

That sounds so on brand for Meghan 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ben has a father and will soon be a father, just like her brothers. The rest of us with dead fathers remember them on father's day.  We don't feel the need to rename the day or send them messages on IG.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm surprised she isn't having a custom made crib built.  Red, white and blue with flags painted on it.

It needs a plaque with the Constitution on the end too.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm sure they offer mothers-to-be tea, snacks, and a bunch of free gifts, discounts, coupons for services, etc.  she wants to be catered to.  Ordering stuff online isn't the same.  

coupons?  you think our princess would stoop to using coupons? 

6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

and guns, gotta start the little twerp off on the right foot

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Mldyold said:

It needs a plaque with the Constitution on the end too.

The founding fathers calligraphied  on the crib slats, and a portrait of Dolly Parton above the crib.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is complaining about not having the EXPERIENCE of going into one of these stores, having the sales people wait on her while she browses and selects the one she wants.  I'm sure they offer mothers-to-be tea, snacks, and a bunch of free gifts, discounts, coupons for services, etc.  she wants to be catered to.  Ordering stuff online isn't the same.  

I think she’s pissed because they’re not in the studio. Every guest that comes to the table can’t personally congratulate her on her pregnancy, she can’t do the big baby shower show in studio with 50 other pregnant women (probably military wives with deployed spouses or nurses who treated coronavirus patients), and all of the freebies that they’d give away, along with one for her. She probably also wants her own Rosie/Elisabeth moment where her people called the split screen “mean ugly Rosie picking on poor pregnant Elisabeth”. She’s not getting her own People magazine or some other magazine spread because people just don’t care right now. With everything going on in the world, nobody cares; she’s irrelevant. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
49 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I think she’s pissed because they’re not in the studio. Every guest that comes to the table can’t personally congratulate her on her pregnancy, she can’t do the big baby shower show in studio with 50 other pregnant women (probably military wives with deployed spouses or nurses who treated coronavirus patients), and all of the freebies that they’d give away, along with one for her. She probably also wants her own Rosie/Elisabeth moment where her people called the split screen “mean ugly Rosie picking on poor pregnant Elisabeth”. She’s not getting her own People magazine or some other magazine spread because people just don’t care right now. With everything going on in the world, nobody cares; she’s irrelevant. 

I agree--I think this is a huge part of the reason for her current mood.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

Maybe. I think it's more like she has always been a bit insecure about not meeting her family and friend's expectations of an "ideal conservative woman," having been fat-shamed on conservative television since she was 19, growing up "nerdy", and marrying later than most of her friends. I think this was part of her resentment towards Abby: Abby fits all the expectations to an almost scary degree (skinny, tall, pretty, polite, popular, married in college; the whole mormon dream).

Her father was dying when she had her wedding, so she couldn't have her "perfect" wedding. This pregnancy was supposed to be her moment to get to indulge in the same instagram-perfect moments as Abby and have a "normal" conservative family, but that's been ruined by COVID-19. So now she's breaking down over not being able to have these idealized experiences like crib shopping that she feels so entitled to, even though she literally could just go online and buy one like most people do nowadays.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, AryasMum said:

The founding fathers calligraphied  on the crib slats, and a portrait of Dolly Parton above the crib.

Probably dead animals above the crib. Like this vvv

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcf3RsDgQBB/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwEX5UlxZJ/

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I think that Megan stating that she was not sure if she wanted children was one of her sincerest moments on the show. I think being pregnant during the covid has brought out her worst traits.  It would not surprise me if she chooses not to have more children after this one.. She seems to be just miserable lonely and sad during this time. I also think that she misses the ladies. I have always felt that she does like Joy but because she is playing the role of a conservative, she has to hate Joy.  It is very sad...

• Love 7
23 hours ago, lusinia said:

That's it!  I bet all this "woe is me" about a crib is Meghan's passive-aggressive way of angling for one of those fancy-schmancy cribs that Whoopie gifted Abby with two of a year ago. 

that HAS to be it.  she is dropping hints, hoping Whoopi will buy her a crib too, so she can feel loved.  she wants Whoopi to "surprise"  her with a fancy designer crib, so Meghan can sing her praises, how Whoopi KNEW just what she needed, and it's SO HARD to buy a crib now, whoopi must really love her! 

And you bet she'll look up the crib online, and see if Whoopi loves her more than Abby. 

(I want Whoopi to to give her some baby blankets and a baby-sized ugly christmas sweater, designed by whoopi) 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

MeAgain is acting pathetic, moaning about not being able to buy a crib, in person. She's pissed that people are protesting the murders of innocent black men, while she must stay indoors.

I just have to think that her parents did a really shitty job raising her. Her mother is still alive. Why is she not on the phone every day telling her to shut her selfish pie-hole?

I just cannot even imagine anyone I know speaking so immaturely.

• Love 14

OMG, she is starting with that Father's Day screed1  My Dad passed at 55 years. 53 years ago.  He NEVER got to see any of his fabulous grandchildren, my sister was 14 years old. She should celebrate having her Dad for all those years. Our kids missed so much not having their Grandpa, he was the greatest, truly.  I woke up on Valentine's Day, 4 years ago, and found my husband on the living room floor, he was an early riser, and had passed.  Our grands miss him, too.  I just get weary watching her wearing the sack cloth.  We all have feelings, but, plastering  them all over social media, does not help. We get it, Meghan, we have all been there.

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 2:39 AM, heysmilinstrange said:

I just realized that the show will probably gift her a crib before she goes on maternity leave because there's no way they'll send her off without a gift of some kind. I had to do some deep breathing exercises to calm down after that.

Meghan doesn't want a gifted crib! 

She wants what the previous poster said.  Meghan wants to go to a high end baby furniture store IN PERSON and be catered for an afternoon of royal crib shopping.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I agree--I think this is a huge part of the reason for her current mood.  

'Totes agree.  But its not like they cant do it when they are back.  It'll be a great reason for a party.  She just cant do it now.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

OMG, she is starting with that Father's Day screed1  My Dad passed at 55 years. 53 years ago.  He NEVER got to see any of his fabulous grandchildren, my sister was 14 years old. She should celebrate having her Dad for all those years. Our kids missed so much not having their Grandpa, he was the greatest, truly.  I woke up on Valentine's Day, 4 years ago, and found my husband on the living room floor, he was an early riser, and had passed.  Our grands miss him, too.  I just get weary watching her wearing the sack cloth.  We all have feelings, but, plastering  them all over social media, does not help. We get it, Meghan, we have all been there.

My dad died at 55 as well, when I was 17. It was a sudden death. So not time to prepare, no chance to say goodbye. 

I had no siblings, just my mom. And we had no wealth to comfort us. I don’t have a husband who’s a father, don’t have a FIL to soften the blow, and I’m strangely unsympathetic with Meghan’s performative grief. 

I want to know how Meghan’s mom feels about Meghan pretending to be an orphan. How do Meghan’s siblings feel when she acts like she was the favorite, and no one suffers on her level. 

1 hour ago, Tammee said:

'Totes agree.  But its not like they cant do it when they are back.  It'll be a great reason for a party.  She just cant do it now.

Oh Meghan’s “my producer” will make sure she gets a retroactive, opulent shower. 

• Love 15

I have always felt that the employees at IKEA are an agreeable lot. Surely they'd open long enough for Megs to pick up a crib.  Maybe even throw in an extra wrench and extra parts that don't fit anywhere.

• LOL 12

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBybznjl8Hp/

Meghun was part of a IGlive with Mo'Kelly, a radio personality, and her friend or something. She comes in about 18 minutes in. I was going to be typing while watching this on tuesday but I got busy with other things so I don't remember everything exactly.

She found out she was pregnant shortly after new year. She has fertility issues - as you all know. No girl, I don't think we had this conversation. She does this on The View too, as you all know. When did you tell us Meghun.

She didn't try ivf or anything like that.   She keeps acting like less than a year to get  pregnant again is a long ass time. And before her 1st pregnancy she kept saying she wasn't sure if she wanted to be a mother and was tired of people pressuring her. Maybe she has been trying to get pregnant since she first getting married but I don't think she has told us that.

She said she likes having nuanced conversations about politics or something to like that. She doesn't like heated conversations while discussing politics.

??????????? What?? Does she blank out on The View?

She talked a little about her routine for the show. That day she was sort of reading the Bolton book for wednesday show. She was going to have meeting with her producers later that day to prepare questions.

lol Mo'Kelly calls her an intellectual at one point. lololol He mustn't know her that well. Thankfully she says that she isn't intellectual.

My face while watching... Nick Young Wtf GIF

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, falltime said:

She doesn't like heated conversations while discussing politics.

She doesn't like when someone smarter than her pushes back against her simplistic arguments with facts for which she has no reply.

5 hours ago, falltime said:

She has fertility issues

Meg, your experience has been a walk in the park.  You have no idea of the heartbreak of fertility issues.  Such a victim.

• Love 16

#nomoreheadacesfromextrahair   

I think you mean headaches, you giant loser.  What a great speller this one is.  If I had a dollar for every typo I see this bitch make, I'd have enough to buy her a crib. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

#nomoreheadacesfromextrahair   

I think you mean headaches, you giant loser.  What a great speller this one is.  If I had a dollar for every typo I see this bitch make, I'd have enough to buy her a crib. 

You know for most people when I see a misspelled word I cut them slack. Could be typing on their phone's small keyboard or auto correct fucked up but with Meghan I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt. She has shown us time and time again money might buy you an Ivy League degree but not necessarily an Ivy League education. 

• Love 9

Meghan got married in Nov. 2017.  She was pregnant a little over a year later, and then pregnant a second time a year after that.  I cant see any doctor calling that a fertility issue.  One miscarriage doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.

Since Meghan said she found out in early January that she was pregnant, and presumably waited until after the first trimester to announce it, which happened on March 22, that means she's likely due in the first half of September.  So we can expect at least a little Meghan-free time on the show in a couple of months.    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

"On a personal note, thank you to all the proud conservative American women who give me so much love, support and the incredible privilege to speak of your behalf...."

So much for being the least partisan woman on the show, huh, Megamouth?   Thanks for keeping us laughing even on the weekends.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
(edited)

Of course Meghan didn't thank Ana, who is included, as is Abby, in their nomination for Best Talk Show Host (Informative). 

Oddly, that award, for some unknown reason, wasn't presented last night.  There are two dates next month when they're announcing other winners - for digital drama on July 19, and for children's, animated, family and lifestyle programming on July 26. 

Their category doesn't really fit, but maybe they'll announce who won it then.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

"On a personal note, thank you to all the proud conservative American women who give me so much love, support and the incredible privilege to speak of your behalf...."

So much for being the least partisan woman on the show, huh, Megamouth?   Thanks for keeping us laughing even on the weekends.

This is the reason so many people don't like Meghan.  Even accepting an award she turns it into a political statement alienating a big portion of the View audience. 

• Love 23

And this is why nutmeg will not get fired from The View despite any letter writing campaigns. It would only help if they got low ratings and no awards. I don’t think the ABC gurus care that ao many people hate watch. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, lusinia said:

Of course Meghan didn't thank Ana, who is included, as is Abby, in their nomination for Best Talk Show Host (Informative). 

Oddly, that award, for some unknown reason, wasn't presented last night.  There are two dates next month when they're announcing other winners - for digital drama on July 19, and for children's, animated, family and lifestyle programming on July 26. 

Their category doesn't really fit, but maybe they'll announce who won it then.

Wait, so Ana also was a recipient along with the rest of them, and MeAgain simply ignored her?

Episode 1 What GIF by BBC Three

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not positive, but I don't think the hosts get an Emmy to "take home", so to speak, for the best show award, and that's why Brian accepted it.  I know when a primetime tv show wins "best (type of program)", the producer(s) get the award.

But if the ladies win best host of an informative talk show, all six ladies would get one of their own.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Idk for sure, either, but I bet you that Megaphone will demand a statue  to be placed prominently  in her shot  on camera for the rest of her life.

Low self esteem. 

Low values. 

Low intelligence. 

• Love 10

I’m trying to be a better person, so I’ll say this: I don’t think Meghan is or has been naive about racism. I think she’s a self-absorbed, entitled narcissistic spoiled brat. And she comes by it naturally. It would be off topic to expand on it, so I’ll stop here.

Because her “I’m John McCain’s DAUGHTER, DAMMIT!” didn’t sway me; just had me 😒😒😒

• Love 13