Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

OH, Please Dear God, not that insufferable Bari! Nooooooooooo!  If that happens, I ma gone.\

I want Miss Piggy to fill in 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Meghan was on Watch What Happens Live Last night, along with SE Cupp and Jerry O'Connell.

Andy played the clip of Ramona Singer having no clue who Meghan was. 😂 Meghan said that surprised her because Ramona is an "on the dl Republican" and that most Republicans know her because she and SE are two of four Republican women left on TV.

She was also asked about her return to The View. Meghan said she has no idea why she's the only person on TV who has to constantly address that she's not being fired or quitting. Does she truly think she's as polite as all the other hosts on TV? That she gets along with her cohosts as well as other people on TV? There's no tension thanks to her on The View? The lack of self-awareness amazes me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

to Realhousewife: Oh God girl, I saw that too, I was screaming at the t.v. Poor Poor Poor Mee-gan. Oh, she is so delusional. I noticed that she absolutely had a glam squad doing her makeup for that show too! Oh, and where was she when they interviewed her? IN FRONT OF HER FLAG I SEE. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2020 at 5:27 PM, Triviatrish2 said:
On 8/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, ginger90 said:

13533E5A-9F68-4568-A893-66CF548B1764.jpeg

OH, Please Dear God, not that insufferable Bari! Nooooooooooo!  If that happens, I ma gone.\

What's wrong with her?  I don't agree with a lot that she has to say but when she has been a guest on The View she always seem respectful and even-keeled (unlike some else we know...)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

to Realhousewife: Oh God girl, I saw that too, I was screaming at the t.v. Poor Poor Poor Mee-gan. Oh, she is so delusional. I noticed that she absolutely had a glam squad doing her makeup for that show too! Oh, and where was she when they interviewed her? IN FRONT OF HER FLAG I SEE. 

I got a new nickname for her-Miss Merica. 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, Triviatrish2 said:

MeAgain is an idiot if she thinks this is a good thing to tweet. Obviously the network has made plans.  She is outside of that plan and those communications. Most normal human beings who are professionals would know not to say anything.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Andy played the clip of Ramona Singer having no clue who Meghan was. 😂 Meghan said that surprised her because Ramona is an "on the dl Republican" and that most Republicans know her because she and SE are two of four Republican women left on TV.

So all Republicans know one another?  

And there are more than four Republican women on TV.  Laura Ingraham, Ana Navarro, Ainsly Earhart, Nicholle Wallace (albeit not a right wing one) and those are just off the top of my head.

Meghan wants so badly to be seen as the poor put upon conservative fighting the good fight. But the truth is she is a privileged brat who is living off her father's name. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain is an idiot if she thinks this is a good thing to tweet. Obviously the network has made plans.  She is outside of that plan and those communications. Most normal human beings who are professionals would know not to say anything.

maybe this person really is the choice to fill in and MM will be able to say that they took her suggestion because, well, it is really her show to control

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So all Republicans know one another?  

And there are more than four Republican women on TV.  Laura Ingraham, Ana Navarro, Ainsly Earhart, Nicholle Wallace (albeit not a right wing one) and those are just off the top of my head.

Meghan wants so badly to be seen as the poor put upon conservative fighting the good fight. But the truth is she is a privileged brat who is living off her father's name. 

Nicole Wallace has been saying for quite a while that she's no longer a Republican.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

In these uncertain times we all need some hope to hang on.

On the other hand there are so many recent events for which we need her wisdom and expertise with which to guide us. Man, I’d love to hear her take. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

https://people.com/parents/meghan-mccain-pregnant-not-sharing-baby-bump-photos-protective/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=5f31894a66390400010dc53e

In the article above, MeAgain complains about all of the cruel things people say about her on a constant almost daily basis. Then says it doesn't bother her.

juniel GIF

She also says Ben is opening lots of boxes, as she is in the nesting stage of her pregnancy. So she finally figured out how to do online shopping!! Wonder if she ordered a crib?

• LOL 8

Posts have been removed for mentioning recent politicians and political activity and how The View hosts are responding or may respond.

Any discussion of political figures, political parties or political entities (Congress, Parliament, etc) is considered off-topic and not allowed on Primetimer UNLESS it is specifically mentioned as part of the show's episodes, and then only in the context of the show itself.  

With the show on hiatus, there is no opportunity to discuss any political figures in The View forum at this time:

17 hours ago, bannana said:

https://people.com/parents/meghan-mccain-pregnant-not-sharing-baby-bump-photos-protective/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=5f31894a66390400010dc53e

In the article above, MeAgain complains about all of the cruel things people say about her on a constant almost daily basis. Then says it doesn't bother her.

juniel GIF

She also says Ben is opening lots of boxes, as she is in the nesting stage of her pregnancy. So she finally figured out how to do online shopping!! Wonder if she ordered a crib?

Hmmm.  didn't someone upthread speculate a surrogate is in the picture?

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Hmmm.  didn't someone upthread speculate a surrogate is in the picture?

It seems the 'lady' doth protest too much.  Like her agony over the behaviour of people in her NYC neighbourhood  that made it impossible for her to go outside, when she had actually left town for DC and a neighbour in her NYC building contradicted her in response to one of her tweets.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Shouldn't she be in the midst of her maternity leave by then? Shouldn't the baby be here by then?  

NOTE TO MEGHAN:  It's ok to take some time off and be a mother.  In fact it's encouraged. Nobody is saying you have to give up your career but just be aware millions of mothers would love to be able to have time off after having a child instead of having to go back to work right away. So Meghan do you and your child a favor and take a little time to enjoy the view from the nursery.  

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, falltime said:

The comments on Twitter are not favorable.  If this is Sunny's doing, she showed more than poor judgment.  I'm old enough to remember this time last year when MeAgain was working behind the scenes to have her fired.  I wonder if The View has anything to do with this talk. That would in some small way explain this mismatch.  

MeAgain won't miss an opportunity to get her face on zoom, tv or whatever it takes.  I do think she will take the shortest maternity leave in the history of live tv.  Wouldn't surprise me if the show doesn't make special arrangements for her to appear via zoom on the show if they do in fact go back to the studio in September.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Also, what the hell would she know about living between two worlds?! 🤔

She did travel between the mansion in Arizona where she lived with Mom & sibs and occasionally visit myfather's bachelor pad in DC.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
On 8/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, bannana said:

<snip>

Meeeeeeeeagan is damn lucky she's sitting at home right now, rather than waddling out on stage and hiking herself onto her stool.  Can you imagine the comments then?  This couldn't have worked out better for her.

With her complete lockdown on baby updates and her insistence her child will be raised with total privacy, I wonder if she'll even announce the gender and name of her spawn when September rolls around.  I could see Her Contrariness refusing to do so just to be....Meghan.  She is because she can be.

• Love 9

MM wants her pregnancy to be  private, and she puts out a tweet about it, but then EVERY FREAKING DAY, on Google News, there is a post about how the feels about being pregnant, and how she can't shoot or drink, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe she should look up the word PRIVATE in her dictionary.  Gawd, can she just go away?

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

MM wants her pregnancy to be  private, and she puts out a tweet about it, but then EVERY FREAKING DAY, on Google News, there is a post about how the feels about being pregnant, and how she can't shoot or drink, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe she should look up the word PRIVATE in her dictionary.  Gawd, can she just go away?

Any self-respecting pioneer woman would be out shooting dinner before giving birth.  And putting baby on a blanket in an old drawer, not worrying about a crib.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Meghan lacks self awareness. She’s the same one who claims to hate labels and identity politics. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I moved this from another thread. Banana said:

I don't think MeAgain is a conservative. She is just like a teenager, with no real thoughts formed. So at this moment she is anti-abortion (which apparently she wasn't before, but is now).  She is pro-gun, and loves shooting and drinking Jack Daniels, probably at the same time.  She thinks that makes her a conservative.

Someone should tell MeAgain, that you can drink JD and shoot guns, and not be a conservative.

I agree with this. Meghan is playing a role.  It's like method acting. She thinks she is this even though it contradicts a lot of what she says and believes.  I think we can trace her evolution (devolution?) to this persona to a major life event for  her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, suomi said:

Bored, and hitting some filters haaard. Who does she look like there? The name on the tip of my tongue is not Meghan McCain, I know that much. 

Janelle from big brother.

20200819_100000.jpg

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 3

I was just reading the thread about the new season. I can't comment on that thread but I just want you all to know I spit coffee all over myself at the idea of Meghan naming a daughter Juana McCain 😄.  I don't care what she names her kid they will be Juan or Juanita McCain to me. 😆. I dont know what she's having but both make me laugh especially Juana ( Juanita because she'd little) 👶

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was just reading the thread about the new season. I can't comment on that thread but I just want you all to know I spit coffee all over myself at the idea of Meghan naming a daughter Juana McCain 😄.  I don't care what she names her kid they will be Juan or Juanita McCain to me. 😆. I dont know what she's having but both make me laugh especially Juana ( Juanita because she'd little) 👶

It will probably be McCain Domench regardless of gender.

For someone who says she wants privacy she sure does post pics sure to elicit comments.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, falltime said:

I know she is at some beach so her forehead looks like sunburn peeling but it could be the filter she is using or lighting making it look like that.

I thought she was at a beach house too.  The decor looks beachy and she looks to be on a deck or patio.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Perhaps she will go with Jean in French, Joao in Portuguese or Giovanni in Italian all are John.. Is there a Gaelic equivalent for John? She could give the baby that name to honor her Irish heritage. I do believe that she also has Scottish heritage, maybe she will surprise us and give him or her a Scottish name..

• Love 2

Seán, Shawn, Shane, Ian, Ewan,  Eòin, or Eòghan are possibilities.  Eòghan McCain Domenech would encompass both Ben & Meghan's names.  Poor baby.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
45 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She said that was Ben's crush as a child so I'm sure that's a good thing. Remember Meghan bringing Pam "to task" not too long ago? lol

Yup, that’s why I laughed. She was so rude to PA but now is trying to look like her. 

43 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Is there a Gaelic equivalent for John? 

The Irish equivalent for Joan is Siobhan. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

No-this kid will be named Shooter or Waylon. I ran over to tell you all this, but I slipped down in that Meghan thirst trap posted on the other page. Had to go to emergency care. But yes, I think there will be a gun reference, a whiskey reference and a Daddy reference in this kid's name. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2