Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Meghan tweeted that her previous tweet about the devastation in Manhattan was based on what she saw "on different media platforms"  pretty much verifying that she is NOT currently in NYC.  She's probably in AZ. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
52 minutes ago, lusinia said:

because "a gossip organization is about to run a story of where me and my family are currently" Meghan's beating them to the punch (at least halfway) by coming clean about not being in the city.

I would bet money that she is lying again and the only reason they are going to publish anything, if that is even true, is because she claimed to be living in NYC yesterday. Where Meghan McCain is currently is not really a story of any interest on its own.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11

If Meghan is in Arizona, or someplace else where she can go outside, take a walk, etc., this will give people even more reason to doubt anything and everything she says.    

I wonder if she left once they started using those green screens?  Or maybe before, for that matter.  How would we know?  That flag and yellow wall backdrop could be anywhere.  

I know Kelly Ripa received a lot of backlash a couple of weeks ago for secretly being in quarantine, since the beginning, in the Caribbean, because her family happened to be there on vacation when it started and decided to stay.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I know Kelly Ripa received a lot of backlash a couple of weeks ago for secretly being in quarantine, since the beginning, in the Caribbean, because her family happened to be there on vacation when it started and decided to stay.

She posted for weeks as if she were at home in Manhatten and mentioned how deathly quiet her streets and neighborhood were, except for the wailing of ambulance sirens. All the while, she was (and still is AFAIK) freakin' doin' hard time on the posh island of Mustique!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Page Six says Meghan's at a family home in Virginia.

And it’s Page Six so not the most reliable source but based on the way the article was written them thinking it was a story was indeed a response to her my neighborhood is destroyed tweet.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yet she was spreading lies to trash Cuomo and Diblasio... What a lying piece of shit.. She is really a piece of work.. 

Well, she heard about it on Fox.  That's reliable, right?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

So all this talk about not being able to go outside and take a walk was clearly a lie.  I'm sure wherever she is staying at in Virginia has ample space to walk around without encountering anyone coughing or protesting.  

Meghan can't even quarantine without causing an uproar.  She thrives on drama which she herself causes.

So now we know she is six months pregnant so she is due in September. And will most likely be back from maternity leave in time for the election. Drats.

When she had that melt down and complained she didn't want to talk about kids was she already pregnant?

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, bannana said:

Oh, here we go.  MeAgain is the victim.  She has now told us that she is six months pregnant so that is news.

Meghan is definitely the type of Karen who uses her pregnancy as a shield when she's being called out.

13 hours ago, TheView said:

Meghan's so dramatic she belongs on Broadway 

Lea Michelle was also called out for her antics and she used her pregnancy as a shield too. Seems like the go to defense for white women who are horrible.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 15

Lying about easily traceable facts of her current whereabouts and neighborhood conditions.

God. This woman is so fucking dumb. 

So much for Nutmeg's ethics as well.  

Political analyst in her own head up her own ass.

Seriously,  ABC, this is the character of host on the "most important political/news show" ever? 

Well,  Megaphone can offer up the fake news portion of the show...as she keeps proving. 

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m more amused than angered that she got caught up in her lies. Her neighborhood is a war zone. Oh brother. 🙄

But as Tosia said it shows her lack of character. She lied to further a political agenda. If she lies about this she will lie about everything.  

• Love 18
(edited)

NutMeg knows she can spew all this shit since she's pregnant and protected from being fired until she isn't. Hopefully she doesn't sign a new contract before the birth. I'm guessing that's a reason why she made sure to mention her pregnancy.

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

The Atlantic says that she is in Virginia, where she has access to guns, (she denies this). and that she has not been in New York for months. ABC, please note.  How can they consider her an asset?  She is the sourest, humorless, whiniest woman on TV, and certainly not the most intelligent.  And...she is not a political analyst, Ana, is.  I am so tired, the pandemic, the racial tension, the man in the White House, and Meghan.  Please, put me out of my misery, ABC, I'm talking to you!

And the most privileged woman at that. I don't know why she is constantly throwing a pity party. Imagine how much anger she'd have if she were born a darker color, didn't have her wealth, connections, or family she loves. She's even married now with a baby on the way. What else does she want? She literally has everything. She always has to take it back to herself being a victim somehow. Like being offended by someone peacefully protesting. Meghan yet again made it about herself because of the military service in her family. 

All the women she works with every day have been through so much more and worked so much harder, yet they are capable of seeing the beautiful things that are still out there in this world and having a laugh. Meghan doesn't like that Joy sees humor even in darker situations. Sometimes you laugh so you don't cry! Joy's jokes are one of my favorite things about The View. People dog on Sunny for bragging about her family, but I love that unlike Meghan, she's so grateful for what she has! I truly believe when you focus on your blessings you get more of them. 

In Meg's world...

She's a martyr for being a Republican on TV. 

She's the most vulnerable pregnant lady of all time. 

There's no such thing as ordering a crib.

Her neighborhood is a war zone even though more reliable sources say otherwise. 

• Love 22

Vanity Fair has a brief write-up - https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/06/meghan-mccain-manhattan-protests-claim.

The closing lines -

A rep for McCain told Page Six that the gun aspect is “absolutely untrue” but doesn’t seem to have contested the Virginia claim. Like Kelly Ripa before her, the morning-show host is working remotely from a previously undisclosed location, and she’s using the time to paint in broad, distant strokes.

Do you think she'll be able to resist bringing this up when the show returns on Monday? If she doesn't, will she be asked to explain herself?  Will she even be there?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Vanity Fair has a brief write-up - https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/06/meghan-mccain-manhattan-protests-claim.

The closing lines -

A rep for McCain told Page Six that the gun aspect is “absolutely untrue” but doesn’t seem to have contested the Virginia claim. Like Kelly Ripa before her, the morning-show host is working remotely from a previously undisclosed location, and she’s using the time to paint in broad, distant strokes.

So it's bad for people to say she went to Virginia for guns, but it's okay for her to lie about the state of her neighbourhood in NY? I don't think she understands that someone could have taken her at her word and done something horrible. What if the police went even more crazy on peaceful protesters due to her words and someone got killed?

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

What if the police went even more crazy on peaceful protesters due to her words and someone got killed?

I honestly don't think she would care and often I think she probably does know what she's doing. She was actively trying to paint a target on Ilhan Omar's back awhile ago.

• Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

What? This is flying right over my head. 

Now this is just my interpretation, but I took "paint" to mean create or make up; "broad" to refer to the fact that she chose to broaden the scope of the area where actual destruction took place to include her neighborhood, when that wasn't true; and "distant" meaning she's doing it all from afar. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

"We live in the same building" and "I just walked outside. It's fine." are now taking on a life of their own online, in a similar way to "You were at my wedding, Denise" has 😂😂. (Currently being used against Meghan's gal pal, Bari Weiss, who is getting absolutely dragged on Twitter.)

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, lusinia said:

The closing lines -

Do you think she'll be able to resist bringing this up when the show returns on Monday? If she doesn't, will she be asked to explain herself?  Will she even be there?

She will paint herself as a victim. How she had to escape the city because pregnancy, which she only mentions when she can use it for sympathy.

10 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

So it's bad for people to say she went to Virginia for guns, but it's okay for her to lie about the state of her neighbourhood in NY? I don't think she understands that someone could have taken her at her word and done something horrible. What if the police went even more crazy on peaceful protesters due to her words and someone got killed?

She would say people are responsible for their own actions ignoring that it was her actions that put things in motion.

10 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I honestly don't think she would care and often I think she probably does know what she's doing. She was actively trying to paint a target on Ilhan Omar's back awhile ago.

She wouldn't care.  Meghan will never come out and fully say something that is racist but she will use dog whistles and say things that most people would think offensive but some people wouldn't think offensive.  It's all a game to her. Winners and losers. As long as her team is winning she doesn't care what methods they use.

7 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

"We live in the same building" and "I just walked outside. It's fine." are now taking on a life of their own online, in a similar way to "You were at my wedding, Denise" has 😂😂. (Currently being used against Meghan's gal pal, Bari Weiss, who is getting absolutely dragged on Twitter.)

For someone "who has been in politics her whole life" she has absolutely no sense of how to not step in shit.   If she can't keep herself out of hot water how the fuck is she supposed to give political advice?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

You know she’ll be full of righteous indignation on Mon, more angry about being called out than about any of the events of this week.

Because it’s all about Meghan, of course. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You know she’ll be full of righteous indignation on Mon, more angry about being called out than about any of the events of this week.

And I doubt any co hosts will come to her defense or give her any support.  They see her for who she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I wonder if her co-hosts have known she's been in Virginia, all the while complaining about how she's being so inconvenienced because she lives in the city.

It's too bad Meghan's a part of the show.  This is the kind of thing Joy would love to roast someone with. 

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It's too bad Meghan's a part of the show.  This is the kind of thing Joy would love to roast someone with. 

With Meghan on the show there have been so many things they have been unable to talk about or make fun of.  She really did suck the enjoyment out of the View.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Because it’s all about Meghan, of course. 

If it weren't being called out, it would be something else she's fuming over. Hard knock life being an heiress. 

• Love 15

If she does decide to address the Virginia fiasco, I fully expect the others to either say nothing or come to her defense.  For whatever reason, she seems to be getting away with more and more and no one bothers to call her out anymore.  Joy just sits there and says nothing and Sunny, who used to do a fabulous job putting her in her place, seems to be just fine with her these days.  If they are giving her a pass because she's pregnant, I'm really pissed.  

I have a feeling she and Brilliant Ben left NYC after last week's shows finished taping.  She may have been in NYC until last Friday.  I'm just wondering how she got to VA.  If they drove, I would think she wouldn't be too happy about using public restrooms.  Maybe they went via RV or maybe they flew.  I guess she got a chance to visit The Grave.  

• Love 7

She will whine and cry. She will play the victim like she always does. Her lies showed who she really is, someone who will spread lies to further an agenda and that is to win at all cost even if it causes strife and even more division.

• Love 18

This horrible thought popped into my head earlier tonight - since they've already been doing the show from home anyway, even if everyone else is back in the studio by the fall, Meghan could decide to skip taking maternity leave, and continue to do the show from wherever she happens to be living.  I could see her doing this, especially because the election will be right around the corner.

• Useful 3
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Since Meghan started the show, she's always been given a pass for one thing or another. Her father being sick, her father passing, her miscarriage, and now her pregnancy. I don't want to make light of any of what she's gone through. But it doesn't excuse the way she treats people. Life is a lot more beautiful than Meghan makes it out to be, but hard times and loss are part of it for all of us. No one should get some sort of pass for being an asshole year after year. 

RealHouseWife, i just noticed your handle.  So has she jumped you yet?  Tried to steal any wigs?  Tried to take your spot for taping?  Come on....you can tell us...be careful...one day you'll go to logon and *gasp* your name is gone!! Your profile gone!!   Appropriated by she.  No One else can be the real housewife.  😮  I'm just josh'n...being stupid.  Boring week and not much going on this morn.  Anyway, sorry for the read, I'm only kidding.  Have a good day. 🙃

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2020 at 5:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

And the most privileged woman at that. I don't know why she is constantly throwing a pity party. Imagine how much anger she'd have if she were born a darker color, didn't have her wealth, connections, or family she loves. She's even married now with a baby on the way. What else does she want? She literally has everything. She always has to take it back to herself being a victim somehow. Like being offended by someone peacefully protesting. Meghan yet again made it about herself because of the military service in her family. 

All the women she works with every day have been through so much more and worked so much harder, yet they are capable of seeing the beautiful things that are still out there in this world and having a laugh. Meghan doesn't like that Joy sees humor even in darker situations. Sometimes you laugh so you don't cry! Joy's jokes are one of my favorite things about The View. People dog on Sunny for bragging about her family, but I love that unlike Meghan, she's so grateful for what she has! I truly believe when you focus on your blessings you get more of them. 

In Meg's world...

She's a martyr for being a Republican on TV. 

She's the most vulnerable pregnant lady of all time. 

There's no such thing as ordering a crib.

Her neighborhood is a war zone even though more reliable sources say otherwise. 

Someone needs to tell her that Cinderella was a fairy tale and the evil stepsisters were just characters.  Not someone you'd want to be but she sure would fit the bill, wouldnt she?  I can clearly see evil stepsister in her.

• Love 7
On 6/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

They could do a modern version of Poor Little Rich Girl and base it around an adult woman in her 30’s.

Wasnt that based on Gloria Vanderbilts life?  And isnt she the mom of Anderson Cooper? Aha!  Therein lies the connection.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:47 PM, lusinia said:

Page Six says Meghan's at a family home in Virginia.

Ahh no worries then.  Stan Smith will protect her lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

On 6/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, lusinia said:

If Meghan is in Arizona, or someplace else where she can go outside, take a walk, etc., this will give people even more reason to doubt anything and everything she says.

I'm in AZ ... triple digits here. It's only cool enough to walk (especially when one's pregnant) after 9pm. Our governor has given us a curfew, so she can't be out after 8pm.    She's probably not in our purple state.

Edited by Kayz Opinion
Unmerged
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, Tammee said:

RealHouseWife, i just noticed your handle.  So has she jumped you yet?  Tried to steal any wigs?  Tried to take your spot for taping?  Come on....you can tell us...be careful...one day you'll go to logon and *gasp* your name is gone!! Your profile gone!!   Appropriated by she.  No One else can be the real housewife.  😮  I'm just josh'n...being stupid.  Boring week and not much going on this morn.  Anyway, sorry for the read, I'm only kidding.  Have a good day. 🙃

If she could you'd know she'd do all the above for my shit talking. lol I'm a nice pleasant person most of the time, but this chick annoys me so much. I never hated watched The View, and I don't like that it's what it's turned into. 

• Love 7
(edited)

There are private car services that routinely drive rich people from NYC to the DC area where her FIL works, so MM may have used one of those.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

If she could you'd know she'd do all the above for my shit talking. lol I'm a nice pleasant person most of the time, but this chick annoys me so much. I never hated watched The View, and I don't like that it's what it's turned into. 

Yeah, i totally agree.  As much as this last week sucked, im really looking forward to the live shows again.  That should last the first five minutes lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

If she did use a car service, even though it's not too far from NYC to DC, I'd presume she would have to use a restroom at least once.  I would think that would be too much for The Princess of Arizona to deal with in her delicate condition. She'd have to mingle with the common folk, you know.  She likes to make people think she's one of them, but in reality she takes her crown very seriously.

• Love 2