Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Megaphone's getting a ton of questions???

Sure she is. 

1.From the same pool as the "friends"  she refers to.i.e., makes up, to add to her point, trying to deflect that she and hubbie are the only ones who think that way. 

2. Right, so middle 30's conservative women are asking for makeup tips from Nutmeg?

I so want to insert a joke about masks here  , but I will refrain. 

3. It's fucking 4th of July and this is all Miss Patriotic Home Decorator and daughter of the greatest patriot who ever lived (in her mind)has to say?

4. Happy 4th Of July everyone.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, bannana said:

When the much admired George Takei calls you out...

The comments are hilarious!

She'll need to take some sick days to recover from those burns. Oof!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, lusinia said:

Of course Meghan didn't thank Ana, who is included, as is Abby, in their nomination for Best Talk Show Host (Informative). 

Oddly, that award, for some unknown reason, wasn't presented last night.  There are two dates next month when they're announcing other winners - for digital drama on July 19, and for children's, animated, family and lifestyle programming on July 26. 

Their category doesn't really fit, but maybe they'll announce who won it then.

What about Sara -h Haines? She was there for several seasons before being yanked forwhateverthatshowwas

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Tammee said:

What about Sara -h Haines? She was there for several seasons before being yanked forwhateverthatshowwas

We’re talking about her on the Former Hosts thread. 

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Sara wasn't one of the regular hosts in the year they were nominated for, which (according to Wikipedia) was for shows airing between January 1 and December 31, 2019. 

• Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, lusinia said:

Sara wasn't one of the regular hosts in the year they were nominated for, which (according to Wikipedia) was for shows airing between January 1 and December 31, 2019. 

Aaah ok.  Well thats a shame.  She has been so involved, with GMA too. She deserves an award.  I dont think she wanted to leave and go to the 'new show' and now shes kind of in limbo except for the occasional co host duties.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 9:20 PM, Pearson80 said:

I think that Megan stating that she was not sure if she wanted children was one of her sincerest moments on the show. I think being pregnant during the covid has brought out her worst traits.  It would not surprise me if she chooses not to have more children after this one.. She seems to be just miserable lonely and sad during this time. I also think that she misses the ladies. I have always felt that she does like Joy but because she is playing the role of a conservative, she has to hate Joy.  It is very sad...

Thats what I've been kind of thinking too.  Hmmm that doesnt look right.  Oh well, moving on...  i dont think the crib issue is really about a freakn crib.  I think she is just lamenting being preggers in the time of co vid. She can't go out shopping, cant go to the movies, cant this and cant that. Cant stroll the sidewalk at dusk window shopping...cant.  and i think shes projected all those feelings into the freakn crib

Edited by Tammee
CD? What the hell is that?
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think Megan's tendency is to be negative about everything, anyway, and being pregnant during this time just ramps it up.

For instance, there's an actress, Sonequa Martin-Green, who announced her pregnancy about two weeks before Meghan did, and when she was on Jeffrey Dean Morgan's and Hilarie Burton's Friday night talk show at the end of May, she said that when the stay-at-home orders began in March, her thought process was something like, 'Well, this is kind of nice.  I can relax and take it easy'.

Now, it's her second pregnancy, and she obviously knows pretty much what to expect (and has a crib, and other things she needs) so it's not an exact comparison, but she does have her 4 or 5 year old, so it's not like she doesn't have her hands full, but I was struck by the vast difference between Sonequa's attitude and Meghan's.    

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

I think Megan's tendency is to be negative about everything, anyway, and being pregnant during this time just ramps it up.

For instance, there's an actress, Sonequa Martin-Green, who announced her pregnancy about two weeks before Meghan did, and when she was on Jeffrey Dean Morgan's and Hilarie Burton's Friday night talk show at the end of May, she said that when the stay-at-home orders began in March, her thought process was something like, 'Well, this is kind of nice.  I can relax and take it easy'.

Now, it's her second pregnancy, and she obviously knows pretty much what to expect (and has a crib, and other things she needs) so it's not an exact comparison, but she does have her 4 or 5 year old, so it's not like she doesn't have her hands full, but I was struck by the vast difference between Sonequa's attitude and Meghan's.    

My niece just had her first baby and was sequestered at home the entire time. Not a word of complaint. She was so happy to be pregnant (long time coming) and her partner took good care of her and she just basically was grateful for a healthy pregnancy and feeling protected.  She did have anxiety about the birth because it is a different world to have a baby in a pandemic, but that all went well too.  She was so thrilled to go out for a coffee on a patio the other day.  Before that she had only gone for walks.  Everyone is different but MeAgain has so much privilege she just doesn't get it.

• Love 19
(edited)

When I try to picture Me-Again tolerating being in labor I get "Do you know who I aaam?"

I can see her scheduling a rich lady vanity C-section. Because, otherwise, with the mouth on her... yikes. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
On 7/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, suomi said:

When I try to picture Me-Again tolerating being in labor I get "Do you know who I aaam?"

I can see her scheduling a rich lady vanity C-section. Because, otherwise, with the mouth on her... yikes. 

Isn’t the trend an elective-section with a tummy tuck?  Kind of like a twofer.  

Only people who’ve never had abdominal surgery would choose an elective section. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Meghan needs to be damn grateful that she doesn't have to haul her entitled butt into the studio everyday and hoist herself up on her stool in front of a critical audience.  Can you imagine how much more miserable she would be?  I could almost imagine her asking for a lounge chair to be brought in for her comfort.  For all we know, she's sitting on her couch wearing pajama bottoms and bunny slippers  Guurrrlllll doesn't have an ounce of positivity in her.

Has she mentioned the baby's gender?  Has there been any speculation on what they'll name the little patriot?  John McCain Domenech?  Betsy Ross Domenech?

Edited by Tunia
typo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

She's so proud of herself, isn't she?  Bless her heart.

Is she proud that she clearly had not read the book and asked absurd questions?  Or is she so delusional that she didn't hear/understand the cutting statements and thinks she came off well in yet another failed gotcha attempt?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Is she proud that she clearly had not read the book and asked absurd questions?  Or is she so delusional that she didn't hear/understand the cutting statements and thinks she came off well in yet another failed gotcha attempt?

Probably both. 

Remember how she recently tweeted that she's always well-prepared for the show every day?  In this case I bet she thinks she's taking a stand against all the grifting, greedy relatives of famous people by not reading the book, and she doesn't care if that's one of the things she's "paid to do".

It struck me as odd when Meghan told Mary Trump that she had informed the publishers that she didn't like this kind of book.  I wouldn't think that a host of a show like The View would have any contact with a book publisher, but if it is normal, why would she tell them she didn't approve?  Did they send her a note (email) with a copy of the book, and she just had to let them know that she had no intention of reading it?     

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I watched that awfulexchange between Mary Trump and Meghan. Meghan absolutely embarrassed herself. To be sure, Mary is so articulate and composed—she had no trouble handling herself.

But The View should be mortified. Meghan made it all about herself, when there is absolutely no connection between whatever tell-alls that have been written about the McCains, and this extremely thoughtful book. (I read the book and found it almost boring—no salacious details; just a very in-depth, almost academic examination of the unusual circumstances Fred, Donald, and their siblings were raised under). Meghan's "arguments" were pathetically weak and reflected no knowledge of having read the book, which is the very least that should be expected of a TV host. 

How is this show still on the air? How does Meghan still have a job?

• Love 21
15 hours ago, lovinbob said:

I watched that awfulexchange between Mary Trump and Meghan. Meghan absolutely embarrassed herself. To be sure, Mary is so articulate and composed—she had no trouble handling herself.

But The View should be mortified. Meghan made it all about herself, when there is absolutely no connection between whatever tell-alls that have been written about the McCains, and this extremely thoughtful book. (I read the book and found it almost boring—no salacious details; just a very in-depth, almost academic examination of the unusual circumstances Fred, Donald, and their siblings were raised under). Meghan's "arguments" were pathetically weak and reflected no knowledge of having read the book, which is the very least that should be expected of a TV host. 

How is this show still on the air? How does Meghan still have a job?

Ratings up, sadly, probably because of the train wreck she is.  People just can’t look away. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Ratings up, sadly, probably because of the train wreck she is.  People just can’t look away. 

Yep. ABC would rather have quantity than quality.  At least when Elisabeth was there the show could still be entertaining.   She might  have been a right wing nut but she could talk about topics other than politics.  With Meghan it is all she talks about and she does it in such a nasty way.

She might think of herself as one of the  Real Housewives who everyone loves to hate but she isn't.  She is just an awful co host. An awful person and it's a shame ABC chooses to fill her seat with her instead of someone who could contribute to the conversation in a thoughtful constructive way instead of contributing to the divisiveness that is plaguing our country.

• Love 13
On 7/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, lusinia said:

It struck me as odd when Meghan told Mary Trump that she had informed the publishers that she didn't like this kind of book.  I wouldn't think that a host of a show like The View would have any contact with a book publisher, but if it is normal, why would she tell them she didn't approve?  Did they send her a note (email) with a copy of the book, and she just had to let them know that she had no intention of reading it?     

Meghan could have just emailed the publisher or called and left a message. She has an inflated view of her own importance. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan could have just emailed the publisher or called and left a message. She has an inflated view of her own importance. 

Simon & Schuster* (Mary Trump's publisher) should inform The View prior to the time any of their authors appear that a Meghan McCain, whoever she is, not be a part of any interview.

*Subsidiary of ViacomCBS

21 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Meghan's "arguments" were pathetically weak and reflected no knowledge of having read the book, which is the very least that should be expected of a TV host. 

I think the problem is that Meghan can't read...unless someone places a book on her nightstand...and unless it's about shootin', drinkin', country music, or politics (American, of course).

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Master of the Obvious statement coming:

Meghan's presence on the show is such a classic example of white privilege.  I have been thinking a lot lately about my own white privilege--specifically, what I have benefited from at the expense of BIPOC. To think that there are some brilliant, hardworking, highly qualified journalists and political wonks who could be sitting in that seat while this rich, entitled brat takes up space and a big fat salary.

This is why TV journalism is so myopic and ineffective—because the conventional wisdom thinks that Meghan McCain's uninformed voice needs to be heard.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, lovinbob said:

This is why TV journalism is so myopic and ineffective—because the conventional wisdom thinks that Meghan McCain's uninformed voice needs to be heard.

It's funny you mention this. I just finished a book by a former journalist who left journalism shortly after 9/11. She got burnt out and decided a different career path. The author said there were massive layoffs after the 2008 economic crash. It became cheaper to have talking heads who were paid with exposure (being on air) than money. When that happens you are left with people who don't need the money which leads us to people like Meghan.  Her degree is in art history. Not journalism, not broadcasting not even political science.  She is a famous daughter. Period. She is no more qualified for her job than Ivanka Trump is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
33 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Andy Cohen showed NY housewife Ramona a photo of her with Nutmeg, and Ramona had no clue at all who she was. 😂😂😂 

I don't watch the show, but I'd love to see that!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

For all of you who just can't wait until September to see dearest MeAgain on TV, Andy Cohen tweeted she and her BFF S.E. Cupp will be guests next week on WWHL, along with Jerry O'Connor.  I'll record it as I'm curious to see if she divulges any more baby info, although I think it's doubtful. I know she's said in the past she would love S.E. to be a co-host on The View. If I recall correctly, when S.E. tested several years ago, Whoopi wasn't pleased and put the kabash to it.  However, the times and powers to be have changed so who knows.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

For all of you who just can't wait until September to see dearest MeAgain on TV, Andy Cohen tweeted she and her BFF S.E. Cupp will be guests next week on WWHL, along with Jerry O'Connor.  I'll record it as I'm curious to see if she divulges any more baby info, although I think it's doubtful. I know she's said in the past she would love S.E. to be a co-host on The View. If I recall correctly, when S.E. tested several years ago, Whoopi wasn't pleased and put the kabash to it.  However, the times and powers to be have changed so who knows.

I'm utterly devastated I'll have to be without her political expertise for awhile. Where oh where will I get conservative news until September?

Seriously, I will watch. Forgive the language, but I'm Bravo's bitch, one of the few who enjoys Andy Cohen, and I find Jerry delightful. 

Thank you for the info. 😊

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm utterly devastated I'll have to be without her political expertise for awhile. Where oh where will I get conservative news until September?

Seriously, I will watch. Forgive the language, but I'm Bravo's bitch, one of the few who enjoys Andy Cohen, and I find Jerry delightful. 

Thank you for the info. 😊

LOL, I thought I was the only one that finds Andy enjoyable and I, too, love me some Bravo.  I really wish Andy would distance himself from MeAgain.  I just don't get his fixation with her.  She was one of the early vocal Housewife fans so that probably has a lot to do with it.  She was at the live New Year's Eve party he held years ago. I'm psyched for Potomac's premiere tomorrow night.

I'm sure MeAgain will continue being a busy, conservative female bee posting away on Twitter during the break.  I wonder if she'll take her phone in the delivery room.  Also wonder if she'll put it down to care for the heir or heiress upon their arrival.  Oh, that's right, that's what the hired help is for.  I'm also predicting she'll take the shortest leave ever as she's not going to miss being front and center during election season.  Her opinion is the only one that really matters, you know.

• Love 10

To all of the posters here who put that out in the air, I blame you for this development.

Why would you guys do this to us??

Edit: I realize that my joke might not be translated well, but I'm joking about blaming you guys lol. It's not confirmed yet, but if there's an article like this out then it means that it will happen since the View won't bring Ana on the show full time.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

since the View won't bring Ana on the show full time.

There has to be a reason for this.  Viewers  have been asking for her to be on the View. She gets along with the panel.  Except for Meghan.  If she is the reason for Ana not being a regular co host then shame on  ABC. Why people continue to coddle Meghan is beyond me. She is a 36 year old woman. If she doesn't like a co worker she needs to suck it up and act professionally. It is what adults are supposed to do.

• Love 10

I'm surprised Meg didn't remind people that Bari quit because of those mean old liberals at the NYT.  Naw, they have Sara hanging around with nothing better to do so I bet she'll fill in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There has to be a reason for this.  Viewers  have been asking for her to be on the View. She gets along with the panel.  Except for Meghan.  If she is the reason for Ana not being a regular co host then shame on  ABC. Why people continue to coddle Meghan is beyond me. She is a 36 year old woman. If she doesn't like a co worker she needs to suck it up and act professionally. It is what adults are supposed to do.

Meghan is the reason why Sherri hasn't been asked back and she was loved by everyone and did a good job the last time she co-hosted. Meghan has a huge backing on the show and that won't change unless said person who is behind her gets caught doing something racist or sexually assaulting someone.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Naw, they have Sara hanging around with nothing better to do so I bet she'll fill in.

I agree.  If Sara is still under contract you better believe they will have her fill in.  Why pay someone new when you are already paying someone who has done it before?

• Love 9
9 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan is the reason why Sherri hasn't been asked back and she was loved by everyone and did a good job the last time she co-hosted. Meghan has a huge backing on the show and that won't change unless said person who is behind her gets caught doing something racist or sexually assaulting someone.

Incidentally, Sherri Shepherd was advertised to be on GMA today, I believe. So she's not banned from ABC in general, just The View, the show she hosted for around a decade....

While I don't want any friend of McCain there, this article is a good sign because it means McCain *will* be going on maternity leave. Hopefully Sara will fill in the majority of the time. Maybe they can bring Ana and even Sherri back for appearances while McCain's stank is absent.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8