Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

In all fairness,  who dont? 😉. Dolly is pretty amazing.

Preach!  And speaking of baby names and Dolly Parton, did you all know that Rebecca Romijn named one of her daughters after her?  These are the sorts of random facts that my head is filled with.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

In all fairness,  who dont? 😉. Dolly is pretty amazing. 

Dolly's one of my favorite artists, and believe it or not, country's definitely not my favorite! lol She's a brilliant songwriter, has a sweet voice, and her music is so positive. She's so talented and just a special lady. 

19 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Preach!  And speaking of baby names and Dolly Parton, did you all know that Rebecca Romijn named one of her daughters after her?  These are the sorts of random facts that my head is filled with.

Yes, that's why I wondered if Meghan would do the same. Rebecca said she couldn't think of a better role model than Dolly Parton. I definitely think "my father" will be first and foremost on her mind when picking out a name, but I wouldn't be shocked if the military and some of her idols also influence what she ultimately decides on. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is days? weeks? away from giving birth and she is posting what I'm sure she thinks is glamour shots.  When I was soon to give birth I had much more important things to do.

Wouldn't a normal pregnant woman be nesting around this time? I think that's what my Mom used to say about the last trimester of pregnancies. I say a normal pregnant woman because I don't think cleaning up her own messes and the usual housework comes naturally for her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Just came over to say glad they aren’t on now Because today is the anniversary of her father’s  death 

So, 730 days?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So is Meghan getting her wish? Will Bari Weiss hop into her chair? Wondering because I've enjoyed getting back an hour of my day (not watching Meghan anymore, anywhere) and I'll be keeping that hour if Bari is in the vicinity.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Axie said:

Two years = 742 days?  Since when are years 371 days long, dumbass?

When Meghan is around, years feel like they are 371 days long.  I noticed the __2 didn't make since there were not two leap years in a row, but her math is even worse than I thought at first glance.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

When Meghan is around, years feel like they are 371 days long. 

Yes, watching Meghan is best calculated in dog years.  For every one year she is on the show, it really equals seven.  Or at least feels like it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

This photo looks nothing like her.

If someone showed me this, and asked me to guess, Meghan wouldn't be in my top ten guesses.

She looks grey in that pic, she is a beautiful woman and does not need any of the filters..

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Shut the hell up Megan!  always playing the victim and you have added to to the toxicity with your lies propaganda, misinformation and disinformation on a daily basis.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 20

First paragraph, she makes good points.  Too bad she doesn't follow her own advice about lifting women up instead of criticizing.

Second paragraph, WTF?  She sees herself as a crusader for women speaking their minds?  Especially in the media?  Is she that delusional?

Case in point- the repeat with Mary Trump was on yesterday.  Meg could not hide her disdain.  She began her portion of the interview with a disclaimer that she hates tell all books (bringing up herself and her family), then proceeded to ask rude (irrelevant since she didn't even open the book) questions of her guest.  It then became apparent that she left her computer because after that one round of questions she never returned.  So much for championing women in media.  And we've seen this behavior countless times when the guest is someone who Meg dislikes.

• Love 18

From her rant:

"We are punished for being tough, opinionated and not backing down while men are celebrated for it"

Meghan how exactly are  you punished? And any criticism thrown your way is based on  your rude obnoxious behavior.

"I know what kind of life and career I could have had if I just smiled and never tackled anything controversial and stuck to safe and non threatening topics"

Meghan quit acting like  you are some sort of maverick bucking the trend.  Any woman who is in  your tribe makes a name for  herself by acting just like you are acting.  It's your brand.

She is so clearly insecure and defensive about how the world sees her. Most people would  have ignored that article but Meghan has to draw even more attention to it.  She needs much better "people". A manager, agent, publicist. Someone needs to tell her to grow a tougher skin.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

From her rant:

"We are punished for being tough, opinionated and not backing down while men are celebrated for it"

Meghan how exactly are  you punished? And any criticism thrown your way is based on  your rude obnoxious behavior.

"I know what kind of life and career I could have had if I just smiled and never tackled anything controversial and stuck to safe and non threatening topics"

Meghan quit acting like  you are some sort of maverick bucking the trend.  Any woman who is in  your tribe makes a name for  herself by acting just like you are acting.  It's your brand.

She is so clearly insecure and defensive about how the world sees her. Most people would  have ignored that article but Meghan has to draw even more attention to it.  She needs much better "people". A manager, agent, publicist. Someone needs to tell her to grow a tougher skin.

Her tribe is very anti victimhood mentality toward people who ARE victims. Shouldn’t they tell her heiress ass to stfu? Nepotism Barbie has white privilege, a famous last name she doesn’t ever shut up about, throughly reaps the benefits of that name, is beautiful on the outside despite her not so pretty insides, grew up with a big, loving family, somehow has lots of friends, is married with a baby on the way, and gets paid handsomely to run her mouth. But she’s a victim when she’s called out for being consistently rude and obnoxious? Talk about playing the misogyny card! The damn show has a largely female audience who watches for the outspoken women. We just don’t want nasty, bratty women, of any ideology. I know that’s her other way of throwing a pity party. Most people aren’t even political to the degree she is. I initially thought she’d be great because she’d bring in a different perspective. How wrong I was. 

To be clear, I am not saying just because someone is a lighter color or has more money, life is perfection and there’s no right to complain. Trust me, I know. It’s just that Meghan complains about being the poor little conservative woman, when the controversy around her is due to her personality, not her gender, nor her politics. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 20
On 8/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, tinkerbell said:

This photo looks nothing like her.

If someone showed me this, and asked me to guess, Meghan wouldn't be in my top ten guesses.

I totally agree.  With the first one I wasn't sure that that was her.  Unless she's using a ton of filters or something (i.e. if that's what she actually looks like), I think i like these looks better than the heavy makeup, etc that she uses. 

• Love 2

As usual, Missy uses another blurb she's heard in the wrong context ... LOL.

What straw man means?

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, meanwhile the proper idea of argument under discussion was not addressed or properly refuted. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Jaded said:

Piers Morgan is a disgusting harassing asshole. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see her being friendly with him even if it is on social media.

He is just a disgusting human being who was obsessed with Megan Markle and added to the toxic harassment that plagued her throughout her time in the Royal family. So he and Megan being simpatico on tweeter is not surprising to me but they would clash when it comes to Nutmeg's guns since he is not a fan..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

He is just a disgusting human being who was obsessed with Megan Markle and added to the toxic harassment that plagued her throughout her time in the Royal family. So he and Megan being simpatico on tweeter is not surprising to me but they would clash when it comes to Nutmeg's guns since he is not a fan..

Meghan would be willing to overlook that. She picks and chooses which issues are deal breakers for her.  She considers abortion infanticide but is friendly with Amber Tamblyn.  Piers Morgan is a rich white guy acting like a privileged asshole and berating anyone who dares to criticize him. Meghan can relate to that.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Meg is going to have a heck of a lot to say on Tues. Be prepared. 

Shouldn't she be close to maternity leave? Why come back for what will probably be a short period and then take maternity leave? Meghan either has an ego so big she thinks she is indispensable or insecure enough to think the show will thrive without her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Shouldn't she be close to maternity leave? Why come back for what will probably be a short period and then take maternity leave?

She has nothing else to do for an hour a day.  But more importantly to her, she doesn't want people thinking she isn't back this season.

Likely she going to be remote from her house, so not a big deal.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Likely she going to be remote from her house, so not a big deal.

I assume they all will still be remote, no?  I haven’t heard anything about returning to the studio. 

23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Shouldn't she be close to maternity leave? Why come back for what will probably be a short period and then take maternity leave? Meghan either has an ego so big she thinks she is indispensable or insecure enough to think the show will thrive without her.

This one.

• Love 9