Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I guess no one has told her yet that pregnant women shouldn’t dye their hair. 

I don't think that is a thing anymore, but even if it isn't, MeAgain is incapable of blow drying or colouring her hair!

ariana grande hair GIF

• Love 3

I dont think Meghan was claiming to be in her 20s. I think she was saying she went grey in her 20s.  

Her whining about her hair and makeup is ridiculous,  especially calling out other women, implying that if they look good, it means they weren't being responsible. Women have figured out how to dress themselves, and do our hair and makeup,  most of us have done it for decades.  Stop whining and figure it out. You've got nothing else to do.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Her whining about her hair and makeup is ridiculous,  especially calling out other women, implying that if they look good, it means they weren't being responsible.

Usually when Meghan makes an off-the-wall claim, you can google it, and up come a list of right wing sites talking about the same thing, 

When I did a search for "news anchors getting their hair and makeup professionally done during quarantine" the only stories are of tv news and talk show people who are doing their own hair and make-up (People Magazine even did a story from Meghan's gray roots inspired Instagram post that invited people to join her witches' coven).

So this must be a figment of Meghan's imagination.  If there was evidence of this happening, you know there would be some mention of it on at least one website. 

I guess Meghan thinks since she's incapable of doing her own hair and makeup, there's absolutely no way any other people on tv are managing to look good without professional help.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, lusinia said:

So this must be a figment of Meghan's imagination.  If there was evidence of this happening, you know there would be some mention of it on at least one website. 

I guess Meghan thinks since she's incapable of doing her own hair and makeup, there's absolutely no way any other people on tv are managing to look good without professional help.   

Is anyone else even talking about this?  Meghan picks the most asinine things to get outraged about.  People are struggling to feed their families and keep their small businesses afloat and she is whining about television personalities looking professionally made up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is anyone else even talking about this? 

She seems to be the lone voice in the wilderness on this matter.  It's kind of related to her biggest worry, which is, as she said last week, the backlash she anticipates getting for not losing her post-pregnancy baby weight. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

I guess Meghan thinks since she's incapable of doing her own hair and makeup,

At the beginning of her working from home she actually said that she was lucky that she knew how to do professional, meaning camera ready, make-up on herself.  I think she said it was because early in her career she worked on shows that didn't have hair and make-up people.  Then how is it she cannot blow dry her own hair?

• Love 5

Honestly, there's been a lot Meghan has done that was annoying, but at least I could chalk it up to just being selfish and not willfully ignorant in the face of death. But here we are! Her quarantine skepticism has been the worst opinion she has probably promoted ever, and she should feel unending shame about how she's reacted after this is all "over". Putting quotes because if people like Meghan get their way, "this" will never be over.

• Love 6

Waitaminute. Didn't McCain read Chris Cuomo the riot act because he went outside in his own yard after recovering from COVID-19? Now it's all "The Man's trying to keep us down by making us stay at home and deciding that self-involved art-historians-turned-talking-head are non-essential! Waaaaaah! Fight the Power!" Puh. Leez.

mr. mackey fighting GIF by South Park

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Meghan’s response to a comment on Twitter:

E0ED7F37-7389-4DEC-9A82-2865333ACEFC.jpeg

Just how pregnant is she?  Has she been put on bed rest?  I have never heard it not being safe for pregnant women to fly unless they are in their third trimester or having a high risk pregnancy.

I swear this is just another attempt to get attention.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Waitaminute. Didn't McCain read Chris Cuomo the riot act because he went outside in his own yard after recovering from COVID-19? Now it's all "The Man's trying to keep us down by making us stay at home and deciding that self-involved art-historians-turned-talking-head are non-essential! Waaaaaah! Fight the Power!" Puh. Leez.

mr. mackey fighting GIF by South Park

Contradicting herself yet again.  

Nutmeg must have gotten the talking points from hubbie a little late.  They are both toeing the line. Next she will be criticizing Fauci and/or other epidemiologists.

I swear, Megaphone has no ethical core or belief system. Vapid and ignorant. 

I will bet anyone here that she does fly to AZ before giving birth. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Nutmeg must have gotten the talking points from hubbie a little late.  They are both toeing the line. Next she will be criticizing Fauci and/or other epidemiologists.

I looked at her Twitter feed and she contradicts herself on there. She will retweet something and then retweet something else that refutes the first retweet.

44 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I swear, Megaphone has no ethical core or belief system. Vapid and ignorant. 

I used to say Elisabeth was playing the role of a conservative. But with Meghan I think she became a Stepford Wife.  Every once in a while she starts to wander off the plantation but then she is pulled back. When they were still in the studio she was routinely criticizing Trump and praising Governor Cuomo.  And now she has flip flopped. 

I wonder if she has gotten to the"nesting" stage of her pregnancy. That is when you want to get everything ready for the baby to come home.  You get the nursery ready. Build the crib. Start buying clothes.  Honestly she doesn't seem like she is looking forward this baby at all.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Just how pregnant is she?  Has she been put on bed rest?  I have never heard it not being safe for pregnant women to fly unless they are in their third trimester or having a high risk pregnancy.

I swear this is just another attempt to get attention.

I think she means because of the virus and the lack of safety precautions on planes. I can’t blame her for that. Who wants to fly right now?  It isn’t safe for anyone. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think she means because of the virus and the lack of safety precautions on planes. I can’t blame her for that. Who wants to fly right now?  It isn’t safe for anyone. 

Her family has a private plane. 

She didn't mention your reasons, only that pregnant women sh not fly... which, as another poster mentioned, is not true until last trimester or complications. 

• Love 8

I know this will come across as mean and it probably is, but every time Missy is not on the show, I picture her at home with her head in the toilet.  🤮

and it makes me smile.     😁

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

She already has, when she said that he/they have been wrong, citing that they predicted 2 million+ deaths.  Sarah then pointed out that measures they implemented helped reduce the number of deaths.  In MeAgain's mind, Fauci was wrong and now they needn't believe him anymore.

stupid quotes GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

She already has, when she said that he/they have been wrong, citing that they predicted 2 million+ deaths.  Sarah then pointed out that measures they implemented helped reduce the number of deaths.  In MeAgain's mind, Fauci was wrong and now they needn't believe him anymore.

This drives me crazy. When I hear someone say well things are getting better so that means it was a hoax. No idiot that means the restrictions and precautions are working.

• Love 19

Yes - Meghan's family can afford to send a private plane for her and Ben......or even one they own. To go back to the ranch for the time being.

She tweeted today "am I the asshole with 3 inches of grey hair..... going on our  hit show every morning?" And that was in reaction to Kayleigh McEnany. LOL

Hmmm - no - she is missing shows left and right and I doubt has morning sickness this far along. 

I don't think she can face pregnancy, her "roots", the COVID, reality or the ranch.

There is no comfort for her.

• Love 6

Why doesn't MM just order all the baby stuff she wants from her favourite high end stores?  

I just remembered a SM post of her in her kitchen. She has a custom island with lots of abstract pointy bits sticking out from all sides.  Not very baby friendly. I wondered how adults could avoid snagging their clothing or impaling themselves while trying to walk or sit around it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Yes - Meghan's family can afford to send a private plane for her and Ben......or even one they own. To go back to the ranch for the time being.

She tweeted today "am I the asshole with 3 inches of grey hair..... going on our  hit show every morning?" And that was in reaction to Kayleigh McEnany. LOL

Hmmm - no - she is missing shows left and right and I doubt has morning sickness this far along. 

I don't think she can face pregnancy, her "roots", the COVID, reality or the ranch.

There is no comfort for her.

I think I also saw her tweet that she is not doing well in isolation (which we can clearly see).

She is probably suffering from depression, but rather than dealing with that, she is embracing the crazy talk on all her fave channels.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

She is probably suffering from depression,

I've thought that, too, mainly because there have been several times since this all started when she's brought up the subject of "people" becoming depressed.

• Love 8
On 5/15/2020 at 6:27 AM, blondiec0332 said:

I looked at her Twitter feed and she contradicts herself on there. She will retweet something and then retweet something else that refutes the first retweet.

I used to say Elisabeth was playing the role of a conservative. But with Meghan I think she became a Stepford Wife.  Every once in a while she starts to wander off the plantation but then she is pulled back. When they were still in the studio she was routinely criticizing Trump and praising Governor Cuomo.  And now she has flip flopped. 

I wonder if she has gotten to the"nesting" stage of her pregnancy. That is when you want to get everything ready for the baby to come home.  You get the nursery ready. Build the crib. Start buying clothes.  Honestly she doesn't seem like she is looking forward this baby at all.

I've noticed that she'll contradict herself on twitter too. One second she retweets something about how the lockdowns are useless, then retweet something else about how we all need to stay inside. 🙄

Also noticed that 99% of her "thoughts" on the view are just things she saw on twitter the day before. Imagine getting paid millions to just talk about whatever you just saw on twitter 🙄🙄🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Is it considered vulnerability when you are whining?

"Vulnerability"? Oh, puh-leeze.  I see that one of her fans praised Meghan for that on social media.  Who wants to bet that her publicist promoted that quote to the media. 

The article ends by making it sound like Meghan's being brave by not coloring her hair, but before that it quotes her saying that she's not coloring it because she's afraid it might end up looking worse.

Does Meghan not realize that these types of puff pieces in the press do nothing to enhance her pundit cred, and in fact have the opposite effect?  

It's like she can't decide - does she want to be respected and taken seriously, or does she want to be a "fun", popular celebrity?   

• Love 9

I'm back! 

On her twitter she was talking smack bc that press secretary girl was wearing makeup, has Meg ever heard of a concept called doing your own makeup? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, lusinia said:

"Vulnerability"? Oh, puh-leeze.  I see that one of her fans praised Meghan for that on social media.  Who wants to bet that her publicist promoted that quote to the media. 

The article ends by making it sound like Meghan's being brave by not coloring her hair, but before that it quotes her saying that she's not coloring it because she's afraid it might end up looking worse.

Does Meghan not realize that these types of puff pieces in the press do nothing to enhance her pundit cred, and in fact have the opposite effect?  

It's like she can't decide - does she want to be respected and taken seriously, or does she want to be a "fun", popular celebrity?   

Wear a hat, a turban, a hairband or a fucking wig.  Or colour your hair at home like the rest of us do.  If she hadn't made it a thing on twitter, no one would ever have known she was going grey.  She is such a narcissist.

• Love 15

Excuse me, but I really don't think the world went "batshit insane" when her father passed. His was terminally ill for a year and his death did not come as a shock.  

It appears to me that MeAgain is becoming more and more desperate for the attention she craves and usually manages to garner when she's behaving like an overgrown toddler on stage at The View.  These at home shows just aren't giving her the attention she normally gets.  There's no back and forth and no one is challenging any of the nonsense she spews, thus there are fewer opportunities for her to get any coverage, good or bad.  

I'm so sick of hearing about her roots, the anticipated backlash to her weight gain, etc.  She's a legend in her own mind.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
20 hours ago, lusinia said:

7 hours ago, bannana said:

Wear a hat, a turban, a hairband or a fucking wig.  Or colour your hair at home like the rest of us do.  If she hadn't made it a thing on twitter, no one would ever have known she was going grey.  She is such a narcissist.

She is just spoiled.  Most women I know have colored their hair themselves at least once. Even if it was just playing around in high school.  Anything that disrupts or inconveniences her life makes her a victim.   For all her talk about being tough she sure does whine a lot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 5/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, lusinia said:

Meghan's making it sound like if her dad was still here the pandemic wouldn't have happened.

As funny as this sounds, it's true. I get that most kids think very highly of their parents, but I'm convinced she thinks if he had become President, the world would be so much better off to this day. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

"...I mean, I’m pregnant so I probably wouldn’t. But, if I weren’t, if someone said, ‘Hey Meghan, you’re gonna have this drug, [where] you’re gonna lose all your hair, but you get to go outside and see your friends and go swimming and go exercise and do all these things, I might do it.”

~~~~~~

Yeah, right. Bitch can't even handle a few inches of grey roots, but she'd be willing to be bald, if only, if only she could go outside!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Caveat emptor for ANY conservative or right leaning woman naive enough to go on his show. Trust me on this one.

Aw....boo hoo. 

If I was on twitter (it's a good thing I'm not) I'd ask her why her demeanor and tone was acceptable when she questioned certain Democrats (for instance, some of those who ran for president this past year) and why the way Seth Meyers questioned her was not acceptable.

I watch Seth's show pretty frequently (I always catch his A Closer Look; otherwise it depends on the guest).  I've never once seen him be rude or combative with anyone. 

How on earth do you take a job as a "political pundit", practically proclaim it as your birthright, but then not have the expectation that you'll be asked about anything political that you might say?  You would think that if Meghan truly believes what she says, it wouldn't bother her. 

This was just another instance of Meghan wanting to be one of the "cool kids", and thinking that she and Seth had a connection because 'I used to work at SNL, and so did you; wasn't that the greatest?  We'll just have a few laughs while we reminisce'.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, bannana said:

I guess someone from the View outed something about her, but I couldn't find anything.

I found this - TooFab, which had this paragraph, referring to when Whoopie cut off Meghan on Monday by going to commercial-

While a People source later said that "given the circumstances" of the panel working remotely at home, "it's entirely possible that Meghan wasn't even hearing her in real time," McCain tweeted on Tuesday, "Interesting there are 'sources close to the show' once again giving anonymous quotes about me -- except this time I was filming from my kitchen alone in quarantine."

(Interestingly, if you click on the link to People that's in the article, they don't have that quote.  This is the only quote they have -

A source tells PEOPLE of the hosts' work during the coronavirus pandemic, "They’ve all been doing a great job keeping the show going. They didn’t miss a beat when things started to shut down — the show kept going with new live shows.”

Maybe someone complained and they removed it.)

Regardless, the "source" of the quote that Meghan was complaining about wasn't criticizing her; far from it.  That person was simply speculating that Meghan may not have heard Whoopie and wasn't actually interrupting her.  That person was coming to Meghan's defense.  That person was trying to help her.  

But what does she do?  Gets defensive and says 'I didn't mishear anything, we were having a political debate, like political commentators do, and it's physically impossible for you to see what's going in my kitchen, where I was alone, so grow up, you anonymous source from the show, you'.

And incidentally, neither of the two quotes are attributed to someone from the show.  A friend or family member could just as easily have contacted People and made those same statements.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Guess who is still bitter about her Seth Meyers appearance. 

Ha.  She still hasn't gotten over Seth gently correcting some misinformation she had.   (Or was it gently disagreeing with something she said?)  That meanie hates Conservative women!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Ha.  She still hasn't gotten over Seth gently correcting some misinformation she had.   (Or was it gently disagreeing with something she said?)  That meanie hates Conservative women!

Because it cannot be said enough people do not hate Meghan because she is a conservative.  Everyone on this board loves Ana.  It's easier for Meghan to believe it's the R after her name than the bullshit she spews each day.  She is just not a nice person.

23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A comment on her Twitter:

7F19A1EF-DCA7-45C5-8923-85417AE5D83F.jpeg

That is awesome and probably accurate.  Most of the gossip I read about Meghan is something she herself will reference.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Grumpy Pants needs to find something else to do with her time other than to google herself all day long.  Time to turn off the google alert on her phone every time her name is mentioned.  Especially if she has google alerts for any and all mentions of Megaphone, Missy, MeAgain, Nutmeg, MehGun... 

Too bad she's preggers.  Otherwise she could be spending her time day drinking and shooting the squirrels in her backyard.  Poor thing.  That's probably one of the reasons why she is so cranky; no booze.  That.  And Ben. 

• Love 9
(edited)

631 days???  She’s still counting the days since her father died?  Bet she couldn’t tell you how many days pregnant she is.  Something very wrong there. 

Edited by Axie
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Because it cannot be said enough people do not hate Meghan because she is a conservative.  Everyone on this board loves Ana.  It's easier for Meghan to believe it's the R after her name than the bullshit she spews each day.  She is just not a nice person.

Yup. I know some people are super political and can't like someone of another party, but they're the minority. Most of us can respect, like, and even love people who think differently from us. Not everyone lives and breathes politics like Meghan either. After all, most of us have not been in politics from the time we were in the womb. 😉 Meghan just doesn't speak to people kindly. I don't care how conservative or liberal someone is. Be nice and polite. Don't get snappy and talk down to others. There are people of her tribe who don't like her either.  I'm sure she'd say they just don't like hearing a woman get passionate. She has no self-awareness and doesn't understand there's a difference between being strong and outspoken and being rude and bitchy. If there were a conservative person on the show who was a truly strong woman and not scared to share her different political beliefs but was polite and respectful to her fellow hosts, the guests, and the audience, most people would have no issue. I tune in to hear the women talk about all kinds of topics-life, love, what's going on in the world. I expect them to have different views. It's the very premise of the show, and it would be quite boring if all the ladies opinions sounded alike. I thought the show was supposed to be sort of like a morning show for women to watch while they started their day, drank some coffee, and perhaps got some political insight. That's quite different from the constantly heated political debates.

You know who gets a lot of hate due to her politics? Joy. And she doesn't constantly bitch about it. I think it's one of the reasons Meghan made her a target, to win points with her party.

• Love 15