Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Jesse: Cougar Town

• Start Topic

Jesse was completely out of line on the Tell-All... but I wonder if Darcy really is minimizing what her behavior is like when she drinks. He referenced there being more than just the one incident they showed while she was visiting him.

Please note, by suggesting she may have a problem when she drinks, I am not saying the way he acted is OK. Its not.

But if he has some baggage around drinking due to his family history, then it would make sense that her minimizing how alcohol affects her would be a real sore spot for him, and this is what triggered his outburst.  He needs to work on his anger management, but if she is not being honest about her behavior, then that is a problem too.

Regardless, there are a million other reasons why they shouldn't be together.  

I also wondered if she might be doing something other than alcohol. Sometimes the beep-out phrases sounded liked more than just a swear word, and it wouldn't make sense that they would beep out the word "drinking,"

This person at LSA put it much more eloquently than I

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

But if he has some baggage around drinking due to his family history, then it would make sense that her minimizing how alcohol affects her would be a real sore spot for him, and this is what triggered his outburst.  He needs to work on his anger management, but if she is not being honest about her behavior, then that is a problem too.

His mother and stepfather came across as alcoholics.  Jesse is projecting his thoughts/feelings about his mother onto Darcey.  He can tell Darcey to stop drinking but he can't tell him mom or stepfather.

• Love 2

He didn' talk to her about her drinking or ask her why he was drinking he just ordered not to do it. To me this indicates that he actually doesn' give a shit about Darcey or German issues and I don' believe anything that comes out of mouth. Especially because he is vague about these other incidences and seems to have no self reflection or to take accountability for his behavior.

• Love 1

I only watched about 10 minutes of the first video.  He was as rude and condescending to the "auntie" person as he was to Darcy.  He is what he is.  The leopard didn't seem to change his spots when he had an opportunity to explain/excuse his abusive behavior.  It just continued.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Jesse was completely out of line on the Tell-All... but I wonder if Darcy really is minimizing what her behavior is like when she drinks. He referenced there being more than just the one incident they showed while she was visiting him.

Please note, by suggesting she may have a problem when she drinks, I am not saying the way he acted is OK. Its not.

Regardless, there are a million other reasons why they shouldn't be together.  

I also wondered if she might be doing something other than alcohol. Sometimes the beep-out phrases sounded liked more than just a swear word, and it wouldn't make sense that they would beep out the word "drinking,"

This person at LSA put it much more eloquently than I

Darcy drunk posts some disturbing  shit on social media. She ain't all there when she drinks. It must be no fun at all to deal with her in person when she is in that headspace. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He didn' talk to her about her drinking or ask her why

....    We didn't see all interactions between them--only what there was time to see on a "reality" television show.  My money is on most of the people who know her, including the "perfect" Jesse: they probably have ALL, at one time or another, spoken to her about drinking.  Just see the note in the post above.

• Love 2
On November 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM, greekmom said:

So. I feel we've all been had with the whole drinking issue? Don't you? Jesse has no issues of step dad downing some wine and wine was served with dinner. No one complained then.

darcy 2.jpg

darcy 1.jpg

Sorry, but all I can think of when I look at Jesse's mom and step-dad is a phrase from the Austin Powers movie: "freaky-deaky Dutch."

On a serious note, Jesse should realize that you can't make anyone stop drinking if they don't want to-- they'll just hide it and get sneakier until they are caught or it becomes obvious. If it's such a big issue, don't be in a relationship wuth Darcey.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, blondmommy said:

all i can think of when i see darcy is "old snooky" from jersey shore.

THAT'S IT.  THAT'S WHO SHE REMINDS ME OF.  

And she would probably find that to be an incredible compliment.  

(The above complimented "she" could really be either one of them, don't you think?)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ALittleShelfish said:

THAT'S IT.  THAT'S WHO SHE REMINDS ME OF.  

And she would probably find that to be an incredible compliment.  

(The above complimented "she" could really be either one of them, don't you think?)

The minute she wears anything with an animal print, it’s ON!

• Love 2

I'm in the UK and the Tell All was only broadcast here last week.  It was awful to see the way that revolting creep Jesse treated Darcey.  The more he went on at her in his controlling way, the more she shrank back like a whipped dog.  It's clear he has managed to take away all her self esteem and confidence, leaving her stupidly compliant and virtually unintelligible.   Jesse's body language and the way he had his hand planted on the back of her neck and shoulder was a good indication of that he has, literally, a firm hold on Darcey and wants the world to know it.  He doesn't like her drinking because, when she does, he CAN'T CONTROL HER and that seems to be all he's interested in.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

https://www.middletownpress.com/middletown/article/Middletown-arrests-for-Feb-20-2018-12627714.php

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Darcey Silva, 43, and Stacey Silva, 43, both of Long Hill Road, were arrested Feb. 8 and each issued a misdemeanor summons for disorderly conduct. The sisters are accused of getting into an argument that reportedly escalated to a “cat fight,” with both women attacking the other. Both will next appear in court March 16.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2018 at 10:25 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Cuuuuuute! So charming for 43 year old sisters to need police intervention during an argument.

On 3/4/2018 at 12:21 PM, spankydoll said:

Darcy is a lunatic. She belongs on a Housewives franchise. 

She’s not even good for that - not entertaining in the least or “rich” enough. I bet their fight wouldn’t have even been “good” (bad) TV. She just sucks and needs to go away, imo.

• Love 4
(edited)

Confession - I fell off the bed last night/early this a.m. dreaming about being at a house with Jesse and Darcy. I assume the house belonged to Jesse because he had  sent Darcy to a giant closet to sleep. He was on a bed and I was sleeping on the couch in the same room as him.  After sending Darcy to the closet he jumped up and got 2 bottles of liquor and started drinking. A guy walked in the room and I went to flip over and hit my bedroom floor and woke up. 

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/28/2018 at 3:06 PM, Rebecca said:

Cuuuuuute! So charming for 43 year old sisters to need police intervention during an argument.

She’s not even good for that - not entertaining in the least or “rich” enough. I bet their fight wouldn’t have even been “good” (bad) TV. She just sucks and needs to go away, imo.

I feel sorry for her kids.

• Love 2
On 8/24/2017 at 11:04 PM, Desert Rat said:

I love my husband of many years, but if I had to spend 24 hours a day with him for six weeks in a teeny, tiny apartment, we would either kill each other or get divorced. 

MrDNR has been off for the summer and i cannot wait for him to go back to work in September?.   No way can these two mismatched dysfunctional weirdos  survive extended time together.  I find Jesse to be very verbally/emotionally abusive with his snide remarks to Darcy(her face changes when he does it)and is she a drunk ? 

Edited by DNR
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Someone on Reddit posted this pic of Jesse circa 2014.  Looks like a crash test dummy.

PYF9gYG.png

Wow. Hair really does make the man 

On 12/4/2017 at 6:33 AM, Catseyes34 said:

I'm in the UK and the Tell All was only broadcast here last week.  It was awful to see the way that revolting creep Jesse treated Darcey.  The more he went on at her in his controlling way, the more she shrank back like a whipped dog.  It's clear he has managed to take away all her self esteem and confidence, leaving her stupidly compliant and virtually unintelligible.   Jesse's body language and the way he had his hand planted on the back of her neck and shoulder was a good indication of that he has, literally, a firm hold on Darcey and wants the world to know it.  He doesn't like her drinking because, when she does, he CAN'T CONTROL HER and that seems to be all he's interested in.  

Excellent post ! 

• Love 1

I just got to see the Jesse and Darcy scenes and wow he is worse than ever.

I would of said to him, wanna see a famous NYC landmark?    Dropped him, rather kicked his bony ass to the curb in front of Port Authority.

I REALLY detest him.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I just got to see the Jesse and Darcy scenes and wow he is worse than ever.

I would of said to him, wanna see a famous NYC landmark?    Dropped him, rather kicked his bony ass to the curb in front of Port Authority.

I REALLY detest him.

I can't tell you how much I loved & giggled over your post!  As an architectural nerd that just got back from that fabulous city...he might as well have asked her to do open heart surgery.  What a dick.  He was looking for any reason to slam Darcy.

I propose she takes him on a romantic yacht cruise, with the kick off at Rikers.  Better yet, sprinkle his nasty backpack with gun powder and scream bloody murder in front of The Met.  Then claim not to know him.

• Love 4

Wow. Darcey looking good in a current pic from InTouchWeekly. Drop carbs , soda & a Jesse and you can look great ! 

Hair Looks much better than that straight black severe look. 

854060BA-8138-4D2B-B14B-C864AE4A5D40.jpeg

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DNR said:

Wow. Darcey looking good in a current pic from InTouchWeekly. Drop carbs , soda & a Jesse and you can look great ! 

If that girl was smart she should be using this 90 Day exposure to find a nice guy right here in the states. 

That picture is stunning, she has to be getting some sort of fan mail from guys.

• Love 1

Can you imagine a "life-coaching" session with Jesse?  Does he motivate his clients by telling them to work on themselves and then get back to him?  Has he *ever* made anyone feel better about herself, ever helped anyone succeed at something?

Darcy does look a lot better, but in her ripped jeans she is still mutton dressed as lamb.  She is in very good condition/looks for her age, but she is never going to look like a 30-year-old, and she seems unable to accept that fact.  When Jesse tells her he prefers her without makeup, why does she not only still plaster it on (although it was much more subtle this time) but ask him how he likes it?  He is overtly controlling her, or trying to, but she is also, maybe not so overtly, trying to control him.  She, if she truly wants to have a relationship with this monster Jesse, ought to take a lesson from his mother, whom he apparently adores.  His mother's look is boho, elderly hippie, and kind of "free" compared to Darcy's controlled, overly made-up and artificial look.  I'd like to see Darcy show up to meet him without makeup, or if she must, with hip, exaggerated eye-liner--looking "fun," if you know what I mean, instead of trying to look like a much younger fashion model.

And it isn't just her looks he's bothered by, or at least was bothered by last season.  He'd like her to be in better shape so she can do things he likes to do, like bike and hike.  She seems to want to have a relationship where they just make out all the time, where they show each other off to their friends and acquaintances.  Much as I despise Jesse for how he treats her, 1) she is allowing it to happen and 2) she isn't really listening when he tells he what he likes.  I'm not sure she has ever made demands on him, other than that he accept her as she is, which ought to be enough, but how many times does he have to tell her it isn't enough?  Which to a healthy adult would be the signal for "check, please!"

• Love 9

So much this.  ^  I think they're made for each other.  He can be brutal but he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life picking this drunk nitwit out of his bushes. She comes with more drama than the average bear. Her neediness, insecurities and bad judgement  are exhausting.  He gets even by being a douche lord.  Are we in for a season of her wanting him to be daddy?  I can't with those two.  

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Can you imagine a "life-coaching" session with Jesse?  Does he motivate his clients by telling them to work on themselves and then get back to him?  Has he *ever* made anyone feel better about herself, ever helped anyone succeed at something?

Darcy does look a lot better, but in her ripped jeans she is still mutton dressed as lamb.  She is in very good condition/looks for her age, but she is never going to look like a 30-year-old, and she seems unable to accept that fact.  When Jesse tells her he prefers her without makeup, why does she not only still plaster it on (although it was much more subtle this time) but ask him how he likes it?  He is overtly controlling her, or trying to, but she is also, maybe not so overtly, trying to control him.  She, if she truly wants to have a relationship with this monster Jesse, ought to take a lesson from his mother, whom he apparently adores.  His mother's look is boho, elderly hippie, and kind of "free" compared to Darcy's controlled, overly made-up and artificial look.  I'd like to see Darcy show up to meet him without makeup, or if she must, with hip, exaggerated eye-liner--looking "fun," if you know what I mean, instead of trying to look like a much younger fashion model.

And it isn't just her looks he's bothered by, or at least was bothered by last season.  He'd like her to be in better shape so she can do things he likes to do, like bike and hike.  She seems to want to have a relationship where they just make out all the time, where they show each other off to their friends and acquaintances.  Much as I despise Jesse for how he treats her, 1) she is allowing it to happen and 2) she isn't really listening when he tells he what he likes.  I'm not sure she has ever made demands on him, other than that he accept her as she is, which ought to be enough, but how many times does he have to tell her it isn't enough?  Which to a healthy adult would be the signal for "check, please!"

Darcy asked Jesse if he liked her make up and she was almost laughing, like she knew it was a hot button and she was trying to egg him on or maybe production told her to ask about him liking her make up.  Either way, if she stopped wearing make up Jesse would say he prefers her with make up.

Laying in bed crying about how she wants love is not a good way to get a man to fall in love with you...I think Jesse would like to see her with more self confidence and self assurance, I think he would be less of a bully if she would stop feeling sorry for herself around him.  All she has to do is clap back once and scream as loud as she can, "Towanda!" and kick him out of a moving car!  Jesse is like a baracuda, he keeps moving in on his target until the target pushes back.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DNR said:

That’s a lovely picture of her, but wow her hairline is very high! I don’t remember it being that high when she was a brunette. does that mean her extensions have pulled her hair out?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

@PityFree .  I just learned about that hairline thing called traction alopecia.   I am noticing that everywhere recently and on some very young women.  How much regret in a few years when they not only don't have long locks, but having to wear wigs in the summer heat to cover baldness....shudder!!!!

The blond does really soften her features & is much more youthful.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Did I read earlier on this blog that Darcey was arrested for being drunk and fighting with her sister? Or did I imagine that?

Yep, you read that right. What a charmer she is, getting into physical altercations at 43. So trashy. She looks great this season but her transformation is really just lipstick on a pig or like the old song goes, she's a "three dressed up as a nine." Jesse is an insufferable ass, but maybe there's a whole lot more to his concern about her drinking. 

On 7/28/2018 at 2:06 PM, Rebecca said:
  • Love 3

Darcy does look good, and her weight loss has helped, but she's never going to be rid of that five-head, whatever its cause.  I guess it's better than a three-head, like Theresa Guidice has, because you can drape hair over a five-head to conceal it a bit.

What I want to know, though, is what kind of relationship she envisions with Jesse.  He seems to be a very active person, both physically and (I hate to use this word about him) intellectually, always wanting to be doing something and asking about things.  She, on the other hand, has resisted since last season any kind of physical activity--remember her wearing stilettos for their walk around Amsterdam?--and it certainly isn't part of her life the way it is of his.  I expect she goes to the gym to work out, but not for pleasure; I think he probably actually enjoys working out and does a lot of it.  Is she still involved in her business?  Is that how she spends her time, in an office?

If they were somehow to end up together, I think she would want him to be a willing and involved step-father (she's Mollyish in the way she apparently doesn't understand why a young guy who's having a great life wouldn't jump right in to fathering two teenage girls), but beyond that, how does she think they would spend time together?  I wasn't kidding when I said earlier that I thought her main goal was in making out; I truly think that's how she envisions spending every evening with him.  Neither of them has shown interest in social life other than drinking with friends, and she apparently can't hold her liquor, so that's right out of the picture.  Maybe he wants her to sit there and sip ginger ale?  Neither of them strikes me as a person interested in the arts, in music or drama--although he did ask what kind of museum that building in Queens was.  (BTW, her correct answer to that was "Gee, I don't know--we'll have to bike out there tomorrow and check it out!")(that's what he would want to hear, but words which would never escape her lips).

So.  He likes to do stuff, and he's very young and fit.  She doesn't like to do stuff except drink and sex, and she's fit for her age, fit enough to do sex with anyway.  Is that enough to sustain a satisfying relationship?  Signs point to not likely, but why are they doing this to themselves?  Well, he's thirsty, so forget him, but why is she going through this abuse and humiliation?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

I hate them both

Yep, same. I think I hate her more than I hate Pao and him more than I hate Pole. They must be made for each other. 

Darcy should stop referring to women as bitches on social media. I k ow she thinks she's 20, but she ain't. She should also stop scraping her hair back so tightly, she's going to be bald by the time she's 50 if she keeps it up. 

• Love 5

Darcy doesn't even approach Pao in nasty behavior.  Pao is a truly ugly and totally narcissistic individual.  Darcy is vain and immature, but you can see she has a heart and cares about her kids.  She just needs to act her age.

• Love 17

What the hell does a 24 yo pishaker (my mother's Yiddish word) know about life or life coaching? Herr Jesse is a sadistic poser whose M.O. is intimidation. Everything is fine as long as you agree with his proclamations and kowtow to his every opinion. Darcy is a piece of work herself, but she doesn't need a man-child to tell her how to act and how to present herself and how she should think and how she can't have a cocktail with friends. Does Commandant Meister believe that you can drink but only if you don't get tipsy? And, btw, why the hell would he worship that mother of his (also a drinker), who could stand some growing up herself? Look at who his mother picked as a husband? That cray cray "free thinker" who is a caricature? So far, all I hear is about what Darcy needs to fix about herself.  Apparently, Herr Jesse is perfect, at least in his eyes.

• Love 8

I'm getting super uncomfortable with the Jesse-Nazi references here and in the other threads. It's really not funny to me, especially about a Dutch person. (Look up the Netherlands in World War II, or hell, just think about Anne Frank for a second.) Jesse may be a jerk, but as far as I can tell he's not into anti-Semitism or genocide.

• Love 11

@zillabreeze, I just looked it up because I figured I got the spelling wrong. I think it’s the diminutive of pisher, which means “child.” Pish means to urinate and pisher means “an inexperienced person” (and I’ve only heard it used derogatorily). A pisherke is a child.

My grandparents spoke Yiddish and my parents were pretty fluent. I grew up with a ton of Yiddish idioms but don’t know many people who understand them. When I took German in college, I realized the similarities. It was so gratifying. I have an entire list of Yiddishisms that will die with me, unfortunately.

• Love 2