Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Jesse: Cougar Town

• Start Topic

OMG, choker on choker??? What is that about?  Teen daughters are usually the first to tell you what looks good or what you should not be wearing (my daughter did it to me) how have they never sang that "MOOOOOM, stop with the chokers" song? LOL.

Darcy keeps pressing, using words like engagement, step daughters etc...so, so desperate to keep that perfect fantasy that is going on in her head.  I wonder how many other men she chased away with that craziness.  

How had she never skyped with Jesse and her girls never met him? Your girls had never met the man you going to spend 6 weeks and then you wait a month before you introduce them?  There is a big disconnect between what Darcy says and what Darcy does.

• Love 5

I wonder if Jesse ever gets tired of her hanging all over him. Darcy has no concept of personal space.

I can't imagine how she's coping when he *gasp*, has to go to work, or maybe that's why they showed her in the gym; she's hanging there all the time until he's done.

He must have a calendar hidden in his tiny apt with days crossed out counting down to 'Darcy's departure'.

• Love 1

She is gearing up to be a fashion victim in more ways than one. First the shoes stuck in the escalator. Then the hair extensions hanging into the escalator equipment when she was trying to pull her shoes out. Now she is on the stair climber with her sweatshirt tied around her waist with the drawstrings hanging down just waiting to jam up the gears. Falling off of her shoes every time they try to go for a walk. She has no common sense. None.

• Love 11

I think Jesse is very good looking and out of Donatella's league. Sorry, I meant Darcy's league. Even though his looks aren't perfect, he's pretty and takes care of himself. I think that he would have absolutely no trouble with women. So why choose this immature woman? Maybe to break into TV? Try to get to LA? He's not all that but he may think he is, sort of like Pao thinks she can be a successful model. Considering that at the tender age of 24, Jesse is a million times more mature than Darcy, I just don't see any other reason for him to be with her. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I guess that means we're being treated to another season of their antics?

Nooooo!!! Seriously, one season is about all I can take of these couples. The ones I would like to see more of separate from the show and go on with their lives like normal people. The others become addicted to the cameras, make up storylines, and use it it as an excuse to badger their spouses. 

Darcy and Jesse have nothing to offer the viewership that I can see, and I'm convinced that their relationship only exists to get them on television, and they are both in on it. There is nothing between them, he seems openly hostile toward her clinginess, and that can't be just because he's Dutch. He's tolerating her for television time, and she knows it. She may not have been expecting them to cut their scenes to only her begging for marriage, but she should have since this show has been on the air long enough. 

It would be really nice to see some actual couples again, not just famewhores. Like with the group of polygamists got angry at the way Kody and the Browns' were portraying their religion on Sister Wives, and agreed to film a documentary type of show on another network. That show was interesting and real. I'd like that for K1 couples.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Christina said:

It would be really nice to see some actual couples again, not just famewhores. Like with the group of polygamists got angry at the way Kody and the Browns' were portraying their religion on Sister Wives, and agreed to film a documentary type of show on another network. That show was interesting and real. I'd like that for K1 couples.

The possibility of a serious show on this topic ended the minute Danielle and Mohamed first walked on set. The show is now what it is. 

• Love 11

My theory is that Darcey and Jesse DID break up but now they're backpedaling and doing damage control by telling us to "watch the show to see what really happens" because going public with the news on "Soshul Meedya" (thanks, Danielle) violated their contract with TLC. Then again, the whole thing might be scripted and as fake as Darcey's hair! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Why does Darcey never mention missing her kids? She can mention engagement about 40 times in three sentences but has not shown any remorse about leaving the girls for six weeks. 

They would probably only miss her because she stole their jeans when she left.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I feel so sorry for those kids.  what if some choker-related issue comes up?  What if Chad, the cute guy from the football team, dumps one of them for someone with more expensive chokers?  Or what if it's time for the Sadie Choker's Day Dance?  Or what if (God forbid) one of them has her choker just come off during PE class?

Those girls are at that critical time of life when a young woman first learns about chokers, and Darcey is just missing it.  Darcey will never get those precious choker moments back.  Sad.

• Love 7
On 9/15/2017 at 11:51 PM, BradandJanet said:

The possibility of a serious show on this topic ended the minute Danielle and Mohamed first walked on set. The show is now what it is. 

TLC won't cast those people, and people like Darcey will keep applying to this one, but the Centennial Group that got pissed at Sister Wives aired on a different station altogether, and it would be nice if they did it for K1s, too. 

I read somewhere, maybe the group discussed above, that Darcey's sister is dating a young man from Albania. She was making those stupid duck faces in the photos and doesn't look better than Darcey anymore. I found him much more attractive than Jesse, but don't want to see them next season. There should be one famewhore per family limit on reality television shows. 

• Love 4
On 9/16/2017 at 1:03 PM, SoshulMeedya said:

Disgusting. They better not got a second season on this show.

On 9/16/2017 at 0:50 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I came across this in that group, yes, we're all being played.

IMG_2872.JPG

Exposure huh? Darcey must subscribe to the view that any publicity is good publicity because if this is true, the Interwebs will skewer then. No wonder Darcey has since said that she regrets doing the show. And the whole thing hasn't even aired yet. 

• Love 3

About the choker thing? I don't think she is necessarily hiding a wrinkly need. She strikes me as the type who loves and follows trends. This was likely filmed sometime in 2016 and at the time chokers made a huge resurgence, so this was likely why she was so into them.

W Magazine called 2016 the year of the choker and also said it was the year the choker died LOL!

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/2016-was-the-year-of-the-choker-was-it-also-the-year-the-choker-died

• Love 1
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

About the choker thing? I don't think she is necessarily hiding a wrinkly need. She strikes me as the type who loves and follows trends. This was likely filmed sometime in 2016 and at the time chokers made a huge resurgence, so this was likely why she was so into them.

W Magazine called 2016 the year of the choker and also said it was the year the choker died LOL!

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/2016-was-the-year-of-the-choker-was-it-also-the-year-the-choker-died

Does that mean next year we will be forced to watch her episodes where she embraces the cold shoulder top?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

This ripped jeans look seems current. I'm not a fashion follower, never was, & I think it looks awful. I don't think looking like your clothes are in tatters is appropriate for anyone, but at her age Darcey just looks extra ridiculous in them.

I saw her in a TH with Jesse with no choker; it was a quick shot but her neck seemed fine. I think she's just trying to be young, hip & cool.

• Love 5

^Yeah well exactly. It's as ridiculous as the way she acted with his parents, like a nervous, inexperienced teen or something. Maybe it's just her & she's really that immature, or it's just an overdone, bad act they are both perpetrating for the sake of some publicity.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
On 9/18/2017 at 1:05 AM, MrHufflepuff said:

I feel so sorry for those kids.  what if some choker-related issue comes up?  What if Chad, the cute guy from the football team, dumps one of them for someone with more expensive chokers?  Or what if it's time for the Sadie Choker's Day Dance?  Or what if (God forbid) one of them has her choker just come off during PE class?

Those girls are at that critical time of life when a young woman first learns about chokers, and Darcey is just missing it.  Darcey will never get those precious choker moments back.  Sad.

This is child neglect. Where are the choker wearing foster moms when we need them??  ???

• Love 2
On September 11, 2017 at 3:24 PM, 1TrashTVAddict said:

I'm confused. Anyone here from Connecticut? They only sell shirts with built in chokers? Who does she think she's kidding? Is she hiding her plastic surgery scars or the Age rings around her tree trunk neck?  Poor Darcey....and it's a "whirlwind" romance, not "worldwind." Poor thing...

I assure you CT is has more than shirts with built in chokers. We also wear UGGS with leggings, so we are pretty fashionable up here. :)

5 hours ago, DamnGina said:

She hopes to get publicity for her clothing line?? EVERYONE has a clothing line these days!! Next she will have her own line of parfumes ( "Choker # 5 " ), and will be in the studio recording her first album!

I knew about the clothing line.  Choker #5! Lolz! 

Please no album! I'm sure her singing sounds worse than my cats round mouth yowling in the car on the way to the vet.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Darcey was right! He's practically a stepfather.

Wow. Darcy has quite a five head in that pic. She does look better with lighter hair and a less harsh style (vs a stick straight, waist length, black, center parted Cher-do).

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

what's a five head?

Foreheads are supposed to be 4 fingers wide.  Lay your hand horizontally from eyes to hairline.  

A 5 head is 5 fingers wide aka unnaturally large   

• Love 3