Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Jesse: Cougar Town

• Start Topic

Just happened to catch the last few minutes of the episode where Jesse makes Darcey promise she "will never drink again" and found myself getting angry. That one sided rule should have been clear from the get-go, not after their relationship has gotten as far as it presumably has. How many other edicts will he declare along the way "it will be better for both of us if you..." just to get Darcey to jump through hoops and suit his own agenda? How sanctimonious can you get!

• Love 7

How a woman in her forties would take orders from a man young enough to be her son is beyond me. Drinking a little too much once in awhile (as long as it doesn't get out of hand and become a real problem, and you are not driving) is one of the perks of being a GROWNUP! Also, I am bothered by the fact that Darcey is willing to bring this handsome, young, sexy man into her home and life when she has a teenage daughter. Maybe I am very old-fashioned but isn't that just looking for trouble. I would be worried about a regular guy my age, who is a stranger to my child, living with us. She should think twice and then twice again before she gets more than she bargained for. Not that Jesse would do something like that, but you never know...

• Love 9

Am I the only one who thinks he looked and seemed quite "off" in the reunion episode? If he isn't drinking... is it something else? Or has he been like this through all episodes and I haven't noticed? 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, HattieHat said:

How a woman in her forties would take orders from a man young enough to be her son is beyond me. Drinking a little too much once in awhile (as long as it doesn't get out of hand and become a real problem, and you are not driving) is one of the perks of being a GROWNUP! Also, I am bothered by the fact that Darcey is willing to bring this handsome, young, sexy man into her home and life when she has a teenage daughter. Maybe I am very old-fashioned but isn't that just looking for trouble. I would be worried about a regular guy my age, who is a stranger to my child, living with us. She should think twice and then twice again before she gets more than she bargained for. Not that Jesse would do something like that, but you never know...

If I had a glass of wine too many a couple of times a year, so what? I also like a bit of brandy, especially on a cold winter evening.

If Jesse wanted someone who did not drink alcohol, he should have made that very clear in his dating profile.

• Love 7

Jesse has indicated that her drinking was much worse than the show has indicated, and I believe him. Sure he's a bit controlling, but I don't think he's a liar. 

He wouldn't just explode out of nowhere. He got upset because he was hurt because he loved her. And his feelings for her were intense.

Darcey was cool because she was nearly done. Also she was pissed because she loves alcohol way more than she loves Jesse.

They were mismatched to begin with but I think her drinking problem is worse than the show indicated. She got drunk on instagram the other night and was taking shots at Jesse's fans.

When he said that remark about "a small glass of wine" I think that was his way of saying in the heat of the moment that he didn't want to date a woman whose drinking got out of control. It was just a rough translation. I think she might be more than a heavy drinker or someone who likes her wine box.

• Love 5

Jesse experienced Darcey's "out of control" responses to him when she came back from drinking with his mother. Jesse is ALL about control. He called her the B word to shame her into submission. He uses aggression to immediately gain control of the situation. Anyone ever wonder why he hasn't found a local girl? No one would tolerate that kind of intensity more than in small doses.

Controlling behavior often escalates. It would not be surprising for physical assaults to the be the next step.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, HattieHat said:

How a woman in her forties would take orders from a man young enough to be her son is beyond me. Drinking a little too much once in awhile (as long as it doesn't get out of hand and become a real problem, and you are not driving) is one of the perks of being a GROWNUP! 

THANK, effing, YOU!

If Darcey had a serious drinking issue she would not have a successful business and she would certainly not have any custody of her children.  0

When Jesse implied to both Darcey and the host of the show that he knows what marriage is all about - to two women who are in their 40s and have actually been married (he has not) I wanted to throw something at my TV.  Who the hell does he think he is?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

If Jesse wanted someone who did not drink alcohol, he should have made that very clear in his dating profile.

Maybe Darcey should have made it clear that she is a problem drinker.   

1 minute ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

If Darcey had a serious drinking issue she would not have a successful business and she would certainly not have any custody of her children.

There are THOUSANDS of Americans with "serious drinking issues" who have both successful businesses AND custody of their children.   Some of America's top business people operate drunk every day...and drive.

• Love 14
Just now, Former Nun said:

Maybe Darcey should have made it 'clear that she is a problem drinker.   

That's not something a "problem drinker" would admit outright.  Jesse admitted on his facebook page that he actually does drink wine (there were bottles present in his apartment).  He implied that there were more issues with Darcey getting blasted, than just this one incident we saw on the show.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

There are THOUSANDS of Americans with "serious drinking issues" who have both successful businesses AND custody of their children.   Some of America's top business people operate drunk every day...and drive.

Agreed, however we're hearing Jesse's version of Darcey's life as she lived it in his home country for 6 weeks, and given the stress of being fish out of water, she may have inbeibed a little too much when she was there.  Not making excuses for her behavior,  but when you are a 24 yr old guy and only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

• Love 4

The only threatening behavior I have seen is Jesse's the episode didn't record but the end where they go outside and she is walking quickly ahead of him and he demands to know why she isn't wearing his jacket because he gave it to her and her voice trembles when she said she us to going to wear it has red flags all over it. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

She didn't get blasted and drive down the street.  She didn't lay a hand or threat to lay a hand on Jesse, she got drunk and silly and embarrassed herself on TV.  

I think Jesses behavior on the tell all was much more embarrassing than Darcey’s overindulgence on camera.  I was mortified for her, since most people take the high road and “make nice” for the tell all, but Jesse put a lot of ugliness out there for me to only feel bad for Darcey.

I had plenty of snark for her all season, but this time, I have to take her side.  He’s no longer concealing his contempt for her.  I just wanted to hug her, take her out for “a couple of wines” to try to convince her that being alone is better than being made to feel like  that.  

Maybe she does have a drinking problem that needs to be addressed or the more likely scenario is that Jesse has issues within his own family he needs to address, rather than controlling others and their behavior.  Considering he served her alcohol at his apartment when they first got together tells me he hasn’t dealt with whatever issues he’s got regarding alcohol.  If it were such an anathema to him, would he have it in his own home?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

The only threatening behavior I have seen is Jesse's the episode didn't record but the end where they go outside and she is walking quickly ahead of him and he demands to know why she isn't wearing his jacket because he gave it to her and her voice trembles when she said she us to going to wear it has red flags all over it. 

I wasn't sure which jacket he was referring to, the one he was wearing and said he'd give her as they were leaving the studio, or his military jacket. If it's the latter, did he expect her to wear it every day with every outfit for every occasion? I call BS on the "surprise" that he was in the studio, but she didn't have his jacket or his appreciation ring with her which, to me, speaks volumes. 

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

We kind of hoped she'd turn around and hand it to him and then give him explicit instructions on where he could stuff it.

• Love 5

In studio, Darcey said she was cold so Rolff gave her his jacket.  She carried it out of the studio but didn't put it on.  Rolff asked her why she wasn't wearing it because he gave it to her to wear.  NOW, apparently.

• Love 2

Timeline help please when was this? After they went to Greece together I think.  Funny didn't mention that on the show. Then I think there was trouble in paradise but they got back together and from what I can stomach of her Instagram they've been lovey covey lately. 

13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

His IG post as he was leaving to go back to Amsterdam was cryptic; didn't sound very "lovey dovey."

He has posted since then with lovey dovey stuff, including one two hours ago that was a video of "their love".

Run Darcy!

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He has posted since then with lovey dovey stuff, including one two hours ago that was a video of "their love".

Run Darcy!

Thanks for the update.  I don't do IG; I have enough bad habits.  I only know what I read here.  LOL.

1. Darcey reminds me of someone who's had some exit therapy from a cult. She's waking up and not his simpering little doormat anymore. He can't handle it.  I don't know what it's going to take for her to finally free herself. I wonder if she had a few pops before coming on, but I loved that she said any goddam thing she wanted. Looks like they need a Dr. Phil equivalent to emcee these in the future.

2. Speaking of moderators, Shaun looks like she has anorexia or another illness, and they say TV cameras add pounds. NOT a good look! 

3. This station abuses us and our precious free time with its ridiculous volume of commercials. It needs to stop. I don't expect anyone to read the list the below, but fyi I counted 17 (SEVENTEEN) commercials in a row during the break before the final Darcey-Jerkface segment: 

1. TLC Show #1, 2. TLC Show #2, 3. TLC Show #3, 4. Taco Bell, 5. Orajel, 6. Hunt's, 7. Jergen's Ultra, 8. Jergen's Wet Skin, 9. Oreo, 10. Dell, 11. Minute Maid, 12, Chapstick, 13, Cracker Barrel, 14. TRUEcar, 15. DealDash, 16. TLC Show #4, 17. TLC Show #5. 

• Love 7

Darcy was sloppy drunk twice on camera. And when she wasn't drunk she's was clingy, desperate and immature. She is a hot mess. Her clothing line appears more like a vanity project than a business. Marrying her would be a mistake  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Her clothing line appears more like a vanity project than a business.

Totally agree.  But look at all the free advertising she got with the camera shots from behind while she and Jesse were walking around.  They don't put company logos that big on Michael Kors stuff . . . and Darcy's company is not ever going to be competing with Michael Kors!

• Love 2

Whatever they're doing with this D&J story line is irritating & somewhat offensive. If it's them putting on for the cameras & publicity (for whatever they think they have) it's pretty sick. He was abusive & that's not okay - at. all. ever. It's also disturbing to think her daughters might be subjected to this garbage with them, either watching it happen with their mom on camera or experiencing it in person.

If it's just D&J being themselves together, then they are both - each in their own ways - extremely dysfunctional, & she needs to think of her kids & walk away from this crap immediately. If they actually were to get together it would be very damaging for everyone, especially the kids who already lived though one divorce.

Either way Darcy needs to get it together for her kids' sake.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Shawn just let us know how extremely well traveled and well read she is.

The average American has no clue when it comes to immigration, and there’s a big difference between traveling for fun and immigration.  Most EU residents can travel to and fro to US with relative ease.  It’s pretty clear they are happier to stay in Europe and enjoy the quality of life there.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Totally agree.  But look at all the free advertising she got with the camera shots from behind while she and Jesse were walking around.  They don't put company logos that big on Michael Kors stuff . . . and Darcy's company is not ever going to be competing with Michael Kors!

Pretty useless as an advertising/marketing tool. Didn't do the Sister Wives any good with their joolry website. And so many popular American Idols never got off the ground after all their exposure. The audiences watching these shows are not interested in buying merch from these folks ... not unironically, anyway.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, deedee2 said:

Pretty useless as an advertising/marketing tool. Didn't do the Sister Wives any good with their joolry website. And so many popular American Idols never got off the ground after all their exposure. The audiences watching these shows are not interested in buying merch from these folks ... not unironically, anyway.

The one exception being signed photos of Denyeel, of course. They sell like Giant Evelyn Hotcakes.

• Love 5

Hello folks. Long time snarker on these boards, first time poster.

A few things before I forget...

1.For the love of all that is holy, such as these amazing train wreck TV shows we can't quit, will someone please explain why a "model" like Jesse hasn't had any dermabrasion to fix that ugly ass pock marked skin? I'm shocked because he takes such good care of his body, but has ignored treatments to fix his face. WHO does that?

2. Anyone else catch the Psych book DSM-5 book he had on his bookshelf in his apartment? It's visible in the last episode - you can see it as Darcy is packing. Is that the book where he learned it's OK to be such a nimrod on television? Perhaps it's only in the Dutch version of that book that encourages verbal and emotional abuse.

3. Am I also the only one who saw the black sex toy/whip looking thingie on the top of the headboard the morning after Darcy arrived in Amsterdam? It's on the top of the headboard, closest to the closet. I had to rewind the scene a few times because I couldn't tell what the hell it was, but I'd bet all of the loose hairs from my brush that it was a sex toy. I was dying laughing because I can't believe such a controlling and private person would leave that out for the cameras.

Edited by Bridget
Y'all need to know where I saw the book!
  • Love 4
On 9/27/2017 at 7:25 PM, AZChristian said:

Confession:  Until I saw this picture and one my grandson posted on Facebook today, I couldn't figure out why everyone was wearing t-shirts with backward writing on them.  Finally, the little light bulb went on, and I figured out they were taking selfies in a mirror.

May I present the first in my upcoming line of leisure wear?  I'm now a designer!!!

SELFIE.png

Close, but not quite ;)  the camera on the front of phones mirrors the image, so they aren't taking the photo in a mirror, but the camera mirrors what it's seeing ;)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Recent interview w/ Jesse wherein he claims he is a domestic violence advocate and specializes in training/counseling survivors of domestic violence. (From discussion on main thread)

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, catdog said:

Am I the only one who thinks he looked and seemed quite "off" in the reunion episode? If he isn't drinking... is it something else? Or has he been like this through all episodes and I haven't noticed? 

He sure went from 0-60 very fast. Started out all lovey dovey and the next thing you know, he's screaming and cursing and threatening to end the relationship.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Recent interview w/ Jesse wherein he claims he is a domestic violence advocate and specializes in training/counseling survivors of domestic violence. (From discussion on main thread)

He sure went from 0-60 very fast. Started out all lovey dovey and the next thing you know, he's screaming and cursing and threatening to end the relationship.

And, he behaved  like someone in favor of domestic violence than someone against it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

So. I feel we've all been had with the whole drinking issue? Don't you? Jesse has no issues of step dad downing some wine and wine was served with dinner. No one complained then.

darcy 2.jpg

darcy 1.jpg

I think that Jesse was mortified by his step dad and his mean statements.  If you choose to stay married to an alcoholic you sign on for all sorts of drama and nonsense. Jesse clearly loves his Mom and  it is HER decision to be with that goofball. I imagine that no one bothers to point out e step dads nonsense anymore. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

So. I feel we've all been had with the whole drinking issue? Don't you? Jesse has no issues of step dad downing some wine and wine was served with dinner. No one complained then.

I don't think I've been had.  I don't know how long the couple has been married, but it's possible the stepfather's alcohol-antics are what cause Jesse to have strong feelings about drunkenness.  Not drinking...drunkenness.

• Love 6

Stepfather Jesse is a boil on the arse of progress.  That nasty red nose piercing looks like a giant carbuncle and his clothes look like he picked Mother Jesse’s rejects off the floor before she could chuck them in the charity barrel.  And the only men that look good wearing feathers are those who have indigenous blood.

• Love 4