Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SpaghettiTuesdays

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason and James

On 8/1/2019 at 10:12 AM, heckkitty said:

Oof. Poor kid. 

Nice to see mom and dad taking the kiddies trick or treating on their costumes. Ooooh wait......

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

On 8/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, Lunera said:

Not one other sister posted anything about National Sisters Day.

8 pictures 

Well, the other ones pictured have husbands and children.  So sisters take a back seat to selfies and poultry and chicken shilling. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Well, the other ones pictured have husbands and children.  So sisters take a back seat to selfies and poultry and chicken shilling. 

Plus....Did everybody here but me also know that it was National Sisters Day? ....

Thinking that, what with the children and all, the others may not even know such a day exists.

And that most people other than Jana don't? Or at least a lot of people. I sure didn't. (National Brothers Day, I now know, is sometime in May, if you're wondering.) 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, Lunera said:

Not one other sister posted anything about National Sisters Day.

8 pictures 

Is that Jill between Jana and Jessa? She looks weird in that pic. The only thing that confirmed her identity for me is the forehead wrinkles. Not a good thing for someone in their 20s...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Given the extent of abuse being brought to light in the Duggar's circle, they should adopt rules like the modern Catholic Church.  I have volunteered as a chaperone for youth events and I had to undergo diocesan mandatory training on abuse.  On an overnight trip, I am not allowed to sleep in the same room as the children--this goes for both males and females.  On one trip, the adults had their own separate shower.  My mom just got back from a church trip where she almost had to sleep in the same room as the other male chaperones whom she barely knew.  And this is all done in the name of keeping the kids safe.  

Jana should not be sharing a room and bathroom with her younger sisters.  

With all due respect I wouldn't hold the Catholic Church as an exemplar of keeping kids safe - even in 2019.

Also, why shouldn't Jana be sharing a bathroom with her younger siblings?

• Like 18

49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With all due respect I wouldn't hold the Catholic Church as an exemplar of keeping kids safe - even in 2019.

Also, why shouldn't Jana be sharing a bathroom with her younger siblings?

Yes I agree with you. I would like Jana to have her own bedroom and bathroom for her own comfort and privacy, because she’s a 30 years old woman, but her sharing one with her little sisters doesn't make her little sisters less safe from abuse. 

After what Josh did, I 100% think Jana is there with the girls safety in mind. I think she trusts JD 100% (being her twin and all, and a teenager too when Josh was being a predator) but the other boys not so much. Not saying she believes one of them would hurt the girls, but she knows how her parents handled it and wouldn’t want history to repeat itself.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I just wish Jana had the power to decide for herself without worrying about consequences for the younger girls.  And if she thought there were no threats and she wanted her own space she could have it

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Given the extent of abuse being brought to light in the Duggar's circle, they should adopt rules like the modern Catholic Church.  I have volunteered as a chaperone for youth events and I had to undergo diocesan mandatory training on abuse.  On an overnight trip, I am not allowed to sleep in the same room as the children--this goes for both males and females.  On one trip, the adults had their own separate shower.  My mom just got back from a church trip where she almost had to sleep in the same room as the other male chaperones whom she barely knew.  And this is all done in the name of keeping the kids safe.  

Jana should not be sharing a room and bathroom with her younger sisters.  

In no way am I trying to demean your faith itself, but the Catholic Church is about the last place I would look for suggestions on how to keep children safe.

• Like 13

On 8/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, jcbrown said:

Is that Jill between Jana and Jessa? She looks weird in that pic. The only thing that confirmed her identity for me is the forehead wrinkles. Not a good thing for someone in their 20s...

It looks weird because of the grain.  Either Jessa doesn't have a steady phone-camera hand, or someone took a picture-of-a-picture of a printed paper photograph and uploaded that.

• Useful 2

On 8/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, jcbrown said:

That first pic is from a few years ago, isn't it? Jana and Jessa look better than they do now, Jinger looks worse, and Jill looks almost unrecognizable. I had to look at the teeth and gums to confirm it was Jill. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Portia said:

That first pic is from a few years ago, isn't it? Jana and Jessa look better than they do now, Jinger looks worse, and Jill looks almost unrecognizable. I had to look at the teeth and gums to confirm it was Jill. 

I think the photo is generally unflattering to all of them in the way that most selfies are.  Nobody looks that good from 6 inches away.

• Like 11

I knew I had seen this picture before. This was posted on the Duggar Instagram on September 2018. It was taken in Oklahoma when she was helping plan JDs wedding. 

• Useful 5

13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I knew I had seen this picture before. This was posted on the Duggar Instagram on September 2018. It was taken in Oklahoma when she was helping plan JDs wedding. 

With two left legs?

• Laugh 8

I don't think Jana is boring or bland. She's the only one at home who has a creative outlet. Whether you like her decorating or not, at least she's doing something. She has a garden that is also kept neat and decorated; she has an outside area for relaxing. To me, this means she reading and/or watching videos to learn how to do these things. The rest of the adult Duggars seemingly do nothing all day. Even the younger Duggars don't seem to have any interests beyond what JimBob and Michelle deem important. Jana has worked within that system to find ways to grow. 

• Like 20
  • Useful 2

Holy shit, Jed looks about 30 in that picture!

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

I want to punch them both. I'll see you in the prayer closet.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Same blah sign we see in every fundy house. Constantly saying the same thing must get so boring. Poor kid is not looking good. 

• Like 7

Aren't those cutesy signs over yet?  The Duggars always seem to latch onto things after they have peaked.  

Personally, I don't need a sign to tell me to eat in the kitchen, or remind me of the definition of family.  I wonder what the next trend is going to be?  I feel that succulents are nearing the end of their 15 minutes... 😄

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Lol, we still love succulents!  😁

how about a “farm” sign in the kitchen?!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

@awaken: I like succulents too. I have a few growing in pots.  But recently I needed a couple of framed prints for my bathroom and I passed over the ones of succulents.  I just felt like they would scream 2019 in a few years. 

• Like 2

My daughter starting gifting me those fucking signs. Like I don't know I'm in the kitchen. Will I get lost looking for the powder room, cuz that has signage too?!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 22

Do the Duggars realize that the Tontitown Grape Festival is because the citizens made WINE out of the grapes? 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 18

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Do the Duggars realize that the Tontitown Grape Festival is because the citizens made WINE out of the grapes? 

I thought that too as soon as I saw grape festival. But don't these people believe that the first miracle performed by Jesus was to turn water into unfermented grape juice or some such nonsense?  I totally agree about those tacky signs. Hoping now that the Gaines are non longer filming their show these signs will disappear along with barn doors.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I thought that too as soon as I saw grape festival. But don't these people believe that the first miracle performed by Jesus was to turn water into unfermented grape juice or some such nonsense?  I totally agree about those tacky signs. Hoping now that the Gaines are non longer filming their show these signs will disappear along with barn doors.

Sadly, the Gaines are getting an entire cable network.

• Sad 13

25 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Sadly, the Gaines are getting an entire cable network.

Must Miss TV!!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 20

8 hours ago, awaken said:

how about a “farm” sign in the kitchen?!

Or maybe "This is not a pig sty, Jim Bob." 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

8 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

@awaken: I like succulents too. I have a few growing in pots.  But recently I needed a couple of framed prints for my bathroom and I passed over the ones of succulents.  I just felt like they would scream 2019 in a few years. 

Don't forget you can decorate your bathroom with a photo of your parents like Jill did in the past.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 19
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zella said:

Holy shit, Jed looks about 30 in that picture!

Okay, who is Jed?   I thought I had an idea who everyone was, but I don't keep up with them outside of the show and this forum.  I have managed to miss Jed.   Thanks in advance for the info.

Is Jed, Jedidiah?  in that case, I guess I know.    Nebbermind.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Aren't those cutesy signs over yet?  The Duggars always seem to latch onto things after they have peaked.  

Oh God, that means Michelle will be getting Asian symbols tattooed on herself any day now!

17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I want to punch them both. I'll see you in the prayer closet.

After hearing his political views, you’re not the only one.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

I like the signs in French. And I have a “Flower Market” sign on my deck next to, you know, flowers. 

Jed is a twin. Jer is quite cute at the moment and not balding. I think Jed is cute because I like tall men and he seems taller than all of them. The sign for Michelle makes me sad because he’s still sheltered enough to think that he was cool buying that for his mom. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Like 3

Some 30 plus years ago I bought my mom a small framed poem about family, done in calligraphy.

I'm laughing my ass of now, because thinking back, she hung it in the bathroom.

Oops. ETA. I am relating this to the topic of signs as art and placement of said art. I agree that the Duggar homes look like the aisles in Hobby Lobby.

Edited by GeeGolly · Reason: Want to follow suggestions of mods.
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

It’s really strange. They’re all so fake and staged. They truly do look like stock photos. 

• Like 18

IMO, Jana's SM is trying to make herself look like she is the type of person who has fun; which is a step up from most of the Duggars but also looks really strange to us, because we're not used to it.  Also, she's clearly not a tremendously skilled actress (lol).

• Like 14

Hmm. So, who's taking those photos? Obviously they aren't selfies, and they're certainly above average as to composition, lighting, and editing. 

ETA: Whoever it is, Jill needs that kind of skill for her SM clothes-shilling snaps. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 16

Jana was allowed to play a game of chance?  Even tho it was just a carnival game, wouldn't that be considered gambling in their books? 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 5

What weird composition! Holding a box of grapes in front of a ferris wheel does not compute for me. I guess she's standing in that position and smiling because she's supposed to be playing a game, but it's no wonder she lost if she played while clutching her grapes. Looks pretty but makes no sense.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4

14 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Random, but did someone actually Photoshop skirts onto those two girls in the background? They don't look natural...

Holy crap, you're right! I enlarged the picture and the skirts looked like they were superimposed on the girls' bodies. Judging by their footwear, I'm guessing they were really wearing ungodly shorts.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 22
  • Surprise 5

15 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Random, but did someone actually Photoshop skirts onto those two girls in the background? They don't look natural...

Ha! You’re right. Maybe they were in short shorts and Jana didn’t want to be responsible for making any man that might look at her pics sin.

• Laugh 12

I am amazed that they didn't superimpose 'NIKE' on those 'skirts'

• Laugh 10

14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Holy crap, you're right! I enlarged the picture and the skirts looked like they were superimposed on the girls' bodies. Judging by their footwear, I'm guessing they were really wearing ungodly shorts.

I figured the same...
Advertising fail. All I noticed was the bad Photoshop. Lol

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I never would have noticed, but it sure does look like it. Just like trying to watch "The Birdcage" on network TV. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Bahahaha they totally did! 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2