Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)

How do these young Duggars even know how to get around on these massively long trips?  Going from country to country, researching historical, artistic and beautiful places to visit, coordinating trains, airplanes, buses, finding places to stay, etc., etc.  I just picture them dorking around lost and clueless until they stumble onto something worthy of posting on social media.  Instead, it's "we just skied in Switzerland and then we took a gondola ride in Venice and then had tea with Prince William in England and then we went grape-picking in Provence and after that we frolicked in a field of flowers on a hill in Austria."

I'm not saying they're stupid (mostly), but how does a sheltered country boy from Arkansas navigate the entire globe like he's the winning contestant on the Amazing Race?

Also, what is with these people thinking that anything and everything is something to be climbed and posed on?  The Rods do the same thing.  The world is not your personal playground, you idiots.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 1:04 PM, laurakaye said:

'm not saying they're stupid (mostly), but how does a sheltered country boy from Arkansas

They're not sheltered country boys. I mean, they may be sheltered, but they don't live in the sticks. They live on the outskirts of one of the largest metro areas in Arkansas, alongside over half a million other people. As someone who actually does live in a rural part of the same state, it really irritates me when they act like "golly gee shucks I live in Mayberry." I know it's not the same as living in a huge city, but it's also not like they're living in a town where you can count all the stoplights on one hand and are guaranteed to run into people you know every time you're at Walmart and have a long drive to get to anything. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 14
  • Useful 4

The boys left from Rome to go back home. Elijah posted a picture; he ran into Claire and Emma Langdon at the airport. I am assuming the airport in the US. The fundies in the IBLP seem to travel a lot.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

The boys left from Rome to go back home. Elijah posted a picture; he ran into Claire and Emma Langdon at the airport. I am assuming the airport in the US. The fundies in the IBLP seem to travel a lot.

The Langdons are loaded. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Zella said:

They're not sheltered country boys.

My apologies, I phrased that wrong.  I meant sheltered in how they were raised, not because they live in the country (which they clearly do not).  I remain amazed that they can navigate so many places with such ease, and am mostly jealous because they are going to so many places I want to go to.  These people travel so much, I wonder if they really appreciate it.  It doesn't seem like a luxury to them, more like just something to do because they have extra money and they feel like spending it.

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My apologies, I phrased that wrong.  I meant sheltered in how they were raised, not because they live in the country (which they clearly do not).  I remain amazed that they can navigate so many places with such ease, and am mostly jealous because they are going to so many places I want to go to.  These people travel so much, I wonder if they really appreciate it.  It doesn't seem like a luxury to them, more like just something to do because they have extra money and they feel like spending it.

I don't think it would dawn on any of the Duggarlings that travel is a luxury especially the ones who are single and JB still pays all of their bills.  They have disposable income from their various jobs and are choosing not to save for the future.  Though I do question if JB would want his sons to be saving for the future.  That would mean the boys were thinking of a life outside of his Umbrella of Control. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I definitely understand! I've also wondered about their travel. I have friends who travel a lot--and I live vicariously through them--but it involves a lot of saving and strategic planning. I can't see these jackasses having an itinerary or any intelligent planning on what they want to see and do abroad. 

• Like 13

What we don't know though, is how much time they spent planning these trips. It seems to me they do do it themselves because they screw up often.

I can see one with a years old globe, another with a map on the bedroom wall and the other on Google. Acting all smart but planning so dumbly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What we don't know though, is how much time they spent planning these trips. It seems to me they do do it themselves because they screw up often.

I can see one with a years old globe, another with a map on the bedroom wall and the other on Google. Acting all smart but planning so dumbly.

Choosing where they'll go with a dart. LMAO 

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems like the last trip to Italy Katie planned (Jed!'s wife) but they still didn't know they needed tickets for the big attractions.

Are travel agents a thing anymore? Maybe they have a sweet friend, who helps with logistics.

A while back James or Jason defending Jana "she is a world traveler" maybe Jana has a new role in the Duggar enterprise.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

So now not only is Jana a concert pianist, contractor, interior designer, but also a world traveler.  Sure Jan.

Lets not forget horticulturist. I'm sure they would claim that too, if they knew what the word meant.

• Like 3
  • LOL 19