Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Maybe they were napping.

If you're taking a big family picture (I realize it's not the WHOLE Duggar clan, but it's probably the closest they'll get to everyone for a good while), wouldn't you want everyone there (as in, everyone on the vacation) to be in it? Seems odd to exclude only two grandkids out of everyone who's there. If they managed to gather forty-ish people for this picture, it seemed like it would have been a scheduled thing, and nap times could have been planned accordingly. Not to mention it's Jessa's middle two kids-- I think Henry has probably aged out of naps, and if Ivy was napping, shouldn't Fern have been, too? Also, Jessa doesn't seem to care much about her kids' sleep habits in general (letting them fall asleep wherever); I think she would have woken them up and dragged them out for a picture.

So... were they just not there? Wasn't this a JB-sponsored vacation, so cost wasn't a factor (all the other kids in attendance have all their kids there)? Were they left home (well, with Ben's family) due to illness? (In which case-- shouldn't Ben have stayed home with them, if Jessa really didn't want to miss out on the family time?) It just seems weird to have two grandkids missing from the horde. (And I am clearly over-analyzing this...)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • LOL 4

My first thought was Henry fell asleep somewhere with a bag of some kind of food and Ivy is trapped in a stroller, out of shot, as a punishment for some misdeed.

• Sad 7
  • LOL 2

I'm not sure Jessa and Ben -- or many of the other adults -- would notice if two out of a horde of rambunctious small kids just wandered off after they got everyone assembled. MAYBE they'd count heads when looking at the final photo or maybe the non-parents are not even sure which kid is which.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, RowdyCam said:

I'm not sure Jessa and Ben -- or many of the other adults -- would notice if two out of a horde of rambunctious small kids just wandered off after they got everyone assembled.

I know we joke-- and rightly so-- about the Duggars' lackadaisical parenting skills, and I wouldn't expect others in the mob to notice an absence of kids who aren't theirs, but surely Jessa and Ben (and heck, even Spurgeon) should notice that half their kids are gone... All the family units are grouped; it's not like there's just a swarm of cousins being clumped together where it would be easy to escape.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I know we joke-- and rightly so-- about the Duggars' lackadaisical parenting skills, and I wouldn't expect others in the mob to notice an absence of kids who aren't theirs, but surely Jessa and Ben (and heck, even Spurgeon) should notice that half their kids are gone

I am laughing at this whole missing child thing because my daughter, in her 30s now clearly remembers her great grandparents anniversary party when she was about 9. She went upstairs to get something and family photo with grandparents and all the great grands was taken without her and no one noticed.  Sadly, a crazy amount of children and a screaming baby caused no one to notice her absence.

But that was in an apartment common/gathering area, where she could go up to their apartment for whatever on her own. Not on a beach where surely they had to bring everybody there intentionally for a photo shoot with matching outfits and all.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone find it strange that there has been no mention yet about Jana's birthday?..oh yes, and John David's too. I think they turned 34. So sad for Jana.

Eh- if she doesn’t want to be married, it’s not sad, imo. 

• Like 6

Not commenting about Jana not being married at all...I am sorry for her about the circumstances in which she lives. She is still under her father's authority as if she were a 13 year old. Jill said on that recent podcast that adult children are treated as if they were perpetual teenagers. This woman has no real education, no job skills or experience. Playing around with your parents' bedroom "decorating" it is not work experience...neither is gardening in your own back yard, etc. If she doesn't want to be married, that hopefully is her choice.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, quarks said:

I'm sticking with my theory that after spending a few seconds with Derick, Ben, Jeremy and Austin, Jana opted for the single life.

My wild guess is that she doesn’t want to give birth and raise children since she’s already raised so many.   Since she is so isolated, she’s also  not likely to come across someone that she really cares about spending the rest of her life with. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2
11 hours ago, quarks said:

I'm sticking with my theory that after spending a few seconds with Derick, Ben, Jeremy and Austin, Jana opted for the single life.

There are things worse than being single.   

Part of me wishes she would escape JB/Michelle and being a babysitter for all her nieces and nephews.  But I guess Jana believes that's better than having to go to work every day and pay her bills in her mind.  

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

But I guess Jana believes that's better than having to go to work every day and pay her bills in her mind.

The thing is, with no job experience, skills, or education, she probably wouldn't make enough of a salary to be able to live on her own and pay rent and other bills.  Maybe Jana wanted to go to college or trade school or whatever, but she wasn't even given that option.  As far as marriage, even if she wanted to get married, most of the guys in her age group and older (and younger) are already married with a bunch of kids.  Pickings are slim and it was said on the show that Jana is picky.  But yeah, I agree she doesn't want to have a bunch of kids after raising kids all her life.  Jill recently said she (Jill) changed her first diaper at age 6.  I'm sure Jana did as well.  So that's 18 years of doing child care so far for Jana.  And now she babysits the grandchildren.  And later it will be the great grandchildren.  Oh well, at least she has a separate residence and no longer has to share a room with the kids.  I hope she's happy, or at least content. 

• Like 6
46 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

The thing is, with no job experience, skills, or education, she probably wouldn't make enough of a salary to be able to live on her own and pay rent and other bills.  

Yeah, this. At most she can point to the Medifake stuff and maybe some house painting/interior design projects, and babysitting various relatives, but there's just not much there - much less any sort of valued, high paying job skill. 

On top of that, she has the "just famous enough to be recognized from time to time, not famous enough to be able to do much with that," problem, with the added bit of notoriety. It's not as bad for her as it is for, say, Anna, who cannot work in any position that would require any sort of interaction with the general public for at least five more years, but it still adds another layer of difficulty to her job search. 

If Jana had a specific job skill/training or even an associate's degree, things might be different, but as it is, I think she'd struggle to find a non-Duggar company job, let alone a decently paying non-Duggar company job. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

James posted a short reel on IG. Showing J-Tyler and Jackson riding ATVs. I assume he is just visiting and not living with them again.  I hope he is still with his grandparents going to school and outside of the cult. 

• Like 10

Jason posted a story to IG, he is in London, headed to Italy.  Elijah is traveling with him, don't know if anyone else is. Apparently there was plane trouble so they are in London another night then Madrid and then Rome.  OK, I do not understand how they can travel so much. They don't seem to be working as much as traveling. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

Jason posted a story to IG, he is in London, headed to Italy.  Elijah is traveling with him, don't know if anyone else is. Apparently there was plane trouble so they are in London another night then Madrid and then Rome.  OK, I do not understand how they can travel so much. They don't seem to be working as much as traveling. 

They screwed up London and Italy when they went there last year.

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, auntieminem said:

He's made at least some money in real estate, has very few monthly bills, and is traveling in the off season.

And if he does have any sort of work ethic, he's hiding it well.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, quarks said:

He's made at least some money in real estate, has very few monthly bills, and is traveling in the off season.

And if he does have any sort of work ethic, he's hiding it well.

True.  He did seem to working a lot when he started his construction business which now is also a tree trimming company (or maybe they are separate companies).  I guess the traveling money could be from the Jim Bob payoff to keep quiet. Not sure where Elijah gets his money from and he travels even more than the Dug boys.  I know he works for Jason and JB but that can't be enough to travel that much. Maybe his family has money. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Not sure where Elijah gets his money from and he travels even more than the Dug boys.  I know he works for Jason and JB but that can't be enough to travel that much. Maybe his family has money. 

I am also not sure where Elijah gets his money, but I don"t think it's from his family. When he first came to live with the duggars he was sued by AmEx for non payment of $19,000 owed in credit card debt and was ordered to by $400 or so a month until it was paid in full.

He does travel all the time. Often with a gaggle of the unmarried fundie females. The Patton sisters, trace bates ex Chaney etc. He is at all the fundie weddings whether the duggars are there or not.

He claims to have moved out of the TTH but i bet he is in some shed or outbuilding just like James and Jase. He is still registered to vote at the TTH address and paid his 2023 taxes using that address.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Useful 3

Elijah has been living with the duggars for about 10 yrs. He is from hawaii and his family still lives there.

He was shown on the show several times. He was shown in the one where the howlers built a deck for jessa at the mold house for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think he has for many years. He has been registered to vote with the TTH address since 2016. If he hasn't been living there all that time and voted it would be voter fraud😂

For a while he had Foreman at Duggar Construction listed on instagram as his occupation. That was before the howlers got into building houses.

It is interesting he seems to be friends with the older Bates guys, but not the older Duggar guys. He is 29 and Jase is what 22 or 23? Possibly because the Bates guys married later and were free to travel around on a whim like Jase. While the duggar guys married young and had kids right away.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
22 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Can someone please remind me who Elijah is? Duggar family friend?  Was he on the show back in the day? 

Part of the Duggars 'ministry' at the time of the show seems to have been providing housing and chaperonage for young adult members of the cult who were old enough to live on their own by any reasonable standards but couldn't actually do that (or work 9-5, or go to school) 'cause Gothard. They seems to have been put to work for Duggar inc (if male) or recruited to teach the younger kids and sister mom (if female). There were a bunch who arrived and vanished over the course of the show, including Anna's wayward sister Suze. They seemed to be good friends with the Duggar kids, for a slightly positive spin on what seemed a bit like indentured servitude. 

On a darker note: there was a kid named cousin Emily who showed up in FF's family pics and may have been filling the same role at about age 12. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 3

I wonder if money just burns a hole in these people's pockets.  Since they probably don't have to do much budgeting for monthly bills and have no clue about saving for the future, they just see a nice amount of money in their bank account and spend it on travel or ATVs or some other whim.  Construction can be an up and down field depending on economic conditions, so they could find themselves in financial trouble down the road.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I wonder if money just burns a hole in these people's pockets.  Since they probably don't have to do much budgeting for monthly bills and have no clue about saving for the future, they just see a nice amount of money in their bank account and spend it on travel or ATVs or some other whim.  Construction can be an up and down field depending on economic conditions, so they could find themselves in financial trouble down the road.

But they did learn about bankruptcy, so I would think they also have learned about money management.  But maybe the were taught that the Umbrella managed the money, so no worries.  On the other hand, why learn about bankruptcy if someone else is in charge of the finances.  None of the rules this family practices makes any sense.  I have no idea why they can travel so much without an apparent income. 

• Like 11

Honestly, even if they did get Michelle's famous bankruptcy lesson, the howlers (who do the wildest spending) were really little at the time. We also know that JB is far from transparent with the money and they mostly remember life with tv money, not the tiny house and donated clothing. I think between not having a lot of exposure to normal life finances and not having the wherewithal to do the math and realize that even the millions JB is supposed to be sitting on won't cover 19 kids and their kids forever, it makes sense that they seem to be burning through money.

Plus, I'm just learning to accept that the way influencer fundies do money (see Bateses and Rodriguii) is a mystery for the ages.

• Like 10

hey, it's Jason Duggar - check out my latest YouTube video where I fly to Italy!  From there I am off to Paris, then London, Germany, Australia Austria hahaha can't ever keep those two straight, then I will head to Switzerland for a couple of weeks of skiing.  I will be really cold so after that it's two weeks in Hawaii, followed by a trip to New Zealand and then a short stop in Greece and then it's home for a couple of weeks!  Hahaha gotta do my laundry and get some Chik-Fil-A and maybe do some work!  After that I am off to Norway, Iceland and maybe some other country that I haven't already visited, I don't know, hahaha!  

I swear that's what I hear in my head whenever I see that another Duggar/Bates is taking another international trip that most people have to save for years to do.

Must've been some serious hush money that Big Daddy paid out.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
19 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

But they did learn about bankruptcy, so I would think they also have learned about money management.  But maybe the were taught that the Umbrella managed the money, so no worries.  On the other hand, why learn about bankruptcy if someone else is in charge of the finances.  None of the rules this family practices makes any sense.  I have no idea why they can travel so much without an apparent income. 

I think the income situation varies from Duggarling to Duggarling. I suspect, for instance, that money may be tight for John David and Abbie - I'm not sure how many students are eager to study with a flight instructor who didn't check the fuel levels on his plane, and crashed, and I'd be surprised if the Medic Corpse stuff is paying him much of a salary. Thus Abbie maybe/possibly currently working as a nurse again, and definitely shilling that hair stuff for some added money. And although Jessa and Ben seemed to have no problems buying toys for their kids, their main income seems to be what Jessa is making from social media, which based on her court testimony a couple years back, doesn't seem to be that much.

They don't seem to be doing a lot of traveling.

Jason seems to be more financially stable. Multiple media outlets have reported that he has made some money on real estate deals and building houses on property owned by his brothers, and claims to do at least some work between these trips. So there's at least some income/assets there. Meanwhile, he doesn't have kids; he doesn't have to pay rent or a mortgage; he doesn't have to pay for health insurance; he's had no major medical expenses that we know of; and he doesn't have tuition payments or student loans.

It's also at least possible that he's looking at his older siblings with kids and figuring he should travel now, while he's still young, in decent health, and with few responsibilities. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

They are still traveling through Europe. Croatia, Slovenia, on the way to Austria. They spent Valentine's Day in Venice riding on a boat, joking about spending it with no Valentines, just the guys.  This is a really nice trip and a long one. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

They would truly be kissin cousins then....

Evan is cousin Emily's brother.

Apparently this trip is for Elijah's 30th birthday.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
18 hours ago, auntieminem said:

They are still traveling through Europe. Croatia, Slovenia, on the way to Austria. They spent Valentine's Day in Venice riding on a boat, joking about spending it with no Valentines, just the guys.  This is a really nice trip and a long one. 

Wait, they were in my country? Croatia

I need to know what and where they did 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Do these kids even know what the Cold War was about? It was not about the Earth being a bit chilly.

I think he is also confused on the Cold War and WWII. He is in Austria and also shows a tank "they just happened to randomly come across" then of course he climbed on it for photo ops.

The Sun, being the Sun, is full of the usual nonsense mistakes. Jason and James are traveling with Evan Duggar.😂

https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10419268/james-duggar-climbs-on-tank-austria-fans-respond/

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 7
On 1/16/2024 at 10:17 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Jill recently said she (Jill) changed her first diaper at age 6.  I'm sure Jana did as well.  So that's 18 years of doing child care so far for Jana. 

28 years, not 18. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4