Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Rumor has it that he's courting a known fundie maiden there.

I've heard of long-distance romances, but this is a doozie--an eighteen-hour flight just to talk to each other and refrain from holding hands/hugging/kissing.  Heck, they could Facetime each other and get the same result. 

• Like 19
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've heard of long-distance romances, but this is a doozie--an eighteen-hour flight just to talk to each other and refrain from holding hands/hugging/kissing.  Heck, they could Facetime each other and get the same result. 

Maybe he went in person to propose? 😃

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Interesting, I don't recall him traveling there before. He needs to stay in Australia, far away from his father. 

Nah, there's no God-honoring Chick-Fil-A sandwiches there.  

I've only watched maybe one episode of the show, the kids were all very young, and I've only since become invested because of FF/Anna and the subsequent drama (also thank you all for introducing me to JillRod, idk if I mean that or not though lol).  I have only recently begun to distinguish which girl is which, but I am fully accepting there is no easily distinguishable differences among the boys.  I've already forgotten which one we're talking about here, but they're all so terribly uninteresting to me that I can't stop reading about them.  Why am I like this lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 18
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Nah, there's no God-honoring Chick-Fil-A sandwiches there.  

I've only watched maybe one episode of the show, the kids were all very young, and I've only since become invested because of FF/Anna and the subsequent drama (also thank you all for introducing me to JillRod, idk if I mean that or not though lol).  I have only recently begun to distinguish which girl is which, but I am fully accepting there is no easily distinguishable differences among the boys.  I've already forgotten which one we're talking about here, but they're all so terribly uninteresting to me that I can't stop reading about them.  Why am I like this lol

Jill Rod is like a black hole. Her life is like a horror movie and it sucked me in… 

• LOL 14

I thought there was quite a strong wacko fundie movement in Australia.  After all that is where Hillsong came from.  I vaguely remember the still minor Duggars spending some time in Australia a few years ago, so maybe JB is brokering a marriage from there.  Very telling that James couldn't find anyone in the US who would have him.  He should have approached the Rods.  I'll bet JRod would be more than willing to hand over a daughter to him.

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I thought there was quite a strong wacko fundie movement in Australia.  After all that is where Hillsong came from.  I vaguely remember the still minor Duggars spending some time in Australia a few years ago, so maybe JB is brokering a marriage from there.  Very telling that James couldn't find anyone in the US who would have him.  He should have approached the Rods.  I'll bet JRod would be more than willing to hand over a daughter to him.

There was also an Australian contigent at Waco with the Branch Davidians. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
On 8/13/2023 at 8:53 AM, Meow Mix said:

And Australia is where we first saw Josiah with his courtship girl (his wife now.  sorry, I can’t remember her name).

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 6
52 minutes ago, louannems said:

And Australia is where we first saw Josiah with his courtship girl (his wife now.  sorry, I can’t remember her name).

Josiah was in Australia with Lauren? I totally don't remember that! The only part of their pre marriage relationship I remember was the proposal in GA. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6

Wasn’t Gothard’s secretary who he wanted to marry from Australia? I could be making that up, but I remember she was from another country and she got deported back there once the board told Gothard he couldn’t marry her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
15 hours ago, awaken said:

Yes, I remember Josiah and Lauren in Australia for some Gothard event. 

Good memory. I only remember the Duggars were there and one of the Duggar boys was there with his girlfriend. I couldn't tell you which though except not John.

• Useful 2

After a long break, Jason has posted a story on IG.  He said he is re-reading a book, Just Do Something, which is about finding God's will. Not waiting looking for signs, etc but to take risks. Hope for his sake he is questioning JB's control of his life and future.  Though his idea of taking risks may be very different than those of us not in a cult.  The book is written by a reformed theologian/pastor/professor so it might not be too radical except it seems to saying to just start doing and not wait for some sign from God to tell you what to do.   I feel sorry for all the Js, being told what to do, who to marry, what to think. I thought it was so sad they had those little bios and the responded to what do you want to be when you grow up. Jenni said she wanted to be a vet because she loved animals. The lack of a real education provided to the kids will keep her and any of them from achieving anything close to that. 

Edited by auntieminem
clarification
  • Sad 20

Pickles has a picture of Jana with a group of people (students?) at a Community College event.  There's a discussion as to whether Jana is taking classes there.  If that were so, that would really be a sign that JB is losing control.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

Isn't it a picture at NWACC for a Baptist group on campus? The campus is 20-30 minutes from where they live. She might be attending, but I think it's also possible she's there without affiliation to the campus. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Jason posted a story about following the holy spirit instead of the the flesh/law. It is kind of in line with his last story.  Not sure if this is a diversion from Jill's book or if it is actually aimed at JB or maybe it is really just about him. It seems JB is trying  divert attention via at least Jessa. 

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

Jason posted a story about following the holy spirit instead of the the flesh/law. It is kind of in line with his last story.  Not sure if this is a diversion from Jill's book or if it is actually aimed at JB or maybe it is really just about him. It seems JB is trying  divert attention via at least Jessa. 

If anything I think it’s good Jason is trying to find his own way, rather than just towing a party line. 

Wasn’t Jason was the one who stated although he would always love his brother, the conviction was just and Josh needed to be behind bars? I think that was him, one of the only single kids to make a statement (I know that Jinger and Jill made public statements after the conviction). 

For the record, none of the siblings are required to say anything publicly about Josh. They didn’t ask to be his sibling and had nothing to do with his crimes, but if someone wanted to make such a statement I can respect that sentiment. 

• Like 13
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Wasn’t Jason was the one who stated although he would always love his brother, the conviction was just and Josh needed to be behind bars? I think that was him, one of the only single kids to make a statement (I know that Jinger and Jill made public statements after the conviction). 

Apparently it’s no longer on his Instagram so I had to get it from an article.

AB9CC26D-DF5D-42F3-9BB0-C94CCF5CFCBA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
5 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Sleep Yawn GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Is it Johanna that has been mentioned as "seeing" someone?  Or "getting to know", or whatever the correct term is?  I seem to remember some mention of something like that in this past year, but I don't remember the characters involved.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is it Johanna that has been mentioned as "seeing" someone?  Or "getting to know", or whatever the correct term is?  I seem to remember some mention of something like that in this past year, but I don't remember the characters involved.

It was rumored that she was seeing Carver Bowers, but he denied it and is now seeing someone else.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

Thanks.  I knew I remembered something like that, but I didn't remember his name.

He seems to be concentrating more on his music career than relationships, so I don't know how serious his relationship is. That might not have been bad for Hannie, so young, take it slow. 

I'm just so scared that JB will double down with these younger Lost Girls and marry them off to some vetted IBLP lackey. 

• Sad 10
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He seems to be concentrating more on his music career than relationships, so I don't know how serious his relationship is. That might not have been bad for Hannie, so young, take it slow. 

I'm just so scared that JB will double down with these younger Lost Girls and marry them off to some vetted IBLP lackey. 

I agree.  He may feel the need to show everyone how he is still "in power" in his family, and make some very strict matches for the remaining girls.  I'm guessing he still has "friends" in high IBLP places.  He needs some "obedient" sons-in-law to boost his ego.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Hopefully, she can escape the fate of arranged marriage.

1 hour ago, awaken said:

It’s either that, or Jana 2.0. 

I think an arranged marriage or remaining single into your 30s such as Jana as some can be fulfilling so long as it’s Johannah’s own choice. Arranged marriage doesn’t mean forced marriage. Jana has a pretty nice life compared to most women in her social group. 

6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think not. JB is older and tired now- so long as the girls don’t make too many waves, I think he will leave Jana to supervise them. He saw how things went with Jill and doesn’t want a repeat of that situation. 

Even in a “typical large family” baby children have WAY MORE freedom and fewer restrictions than the eldest children did. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know, but the picture of Hannie with Joy made be think, oh goodness, she looks like the pre-wedding skinny most of the Duggar and Bates sisters seem to do.

She is actually standing up straight in this picture, which makes her look thinner.  She has had poor posture in pictures previously which made her tummy to appear to be sticking out.  I thought she looked very nice in the picture with Joy.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She is actually standing up straight in this picture, which makes her look thinner.  She has had poor posture in pictures previously which made her tummy to appear to be sticking out.  I thought she looked very nice in the picture with Joy.

Hannie is a pretty young lady. Kind of a mix of Jana and Joy.

• Like 14
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Arranged marriage doesn’t mean forced marriage. 

You're right, I just hope for the Lost Girls that they don't get stuck in the weird romantic-arranged hybrid where they end up being Madly In Love With The One GoD Chose Just For Me!!!!!!! after a few rounds of group chats and supervised phone calls. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

James posted a story called moving day but it seems to be him hauling some heavy equipment. Not sure if that is the move or if he is really moving to a new place. Jason also posted a story, he is a Cross Church (isn't that where the Dillards went) at some service 3C, Cross Church College. It appears to be some ministry to college students, which as far as I know Jason is not a student. I know he has attended Cross services before. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 5