Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 2/27/2023 at 1:09 PM, AstridM said:

J’Stupid reported that they traveled on to Venice, where they ate at McDonald’s again 🤣🤣🤣.

It's not that I object to people eating at McDonald's internationally...nothing wrong with wanting familiar and affordable food, though I can't relate, myself. It's just that--with all due respect to the delight that is Italian food--it's not like they're in uncharted culinary waters. They don't have to worry about heavily spiced food or ingredients that they rarely, if ever encounter in Arkansas. And like many parts of the world that get lots of tourists, a lot of the restaurants they'd encounter cater to foreigners' palates, not the locals who know where to go for the real stuff. It's so weird that they keep eating McDonald's when they're surrounded by relatively familiar food.

• Like 19
11 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It's not that I object to people eating at McDonald's internationally...nothing wrong with wanting familiar and affordable food, though I can't relate, myself. It's just that--with all due respect to the delight that is Italian food--it's not like they're in uncharted culinary waters. They don't have to worry about heavily spiced food or ingredients that they rarely, if ever encounter in Arkansas. And like many parts of the world that get lots of tourists, a lot of the restaurants they'd encounter cater to foreigners' palates, not the locals who know where to go for the real stuff. It's so weird that they keep eating McDonald's when they're surrounded by relatively familiar food.

Depends on your definition of “relatively familiar.” Most of us here know here know exactly what you mean. Sadly for Duggars I doubt there are any restaurants in Italy with Stouffer’s lasagna on the menu. I will venture to say no Olive Garden either, not even the good one. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
54 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I think they’re mostly eating at McDonald’s for breakfast. They claim no other restaurants are open at 10 AM, when they want breakfast. Except there are literally coffee bars on most corners selling much better coffee and pastry than they’re getting from McDonald’s, most open much earlier than 10 AM.🤦‍♀️

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think they’re mostly eating at McDonald’s for breakfast. They claim no other restaurants are open at 10 AM, when they want breakfast. Except there are literally coffee bars on most corners selling much better coffee and pastry than they’re getting from McDonald’s, most open much earlier than 10 AM.🤦‍♀️

I ate once at a London McDonald's for breakfast.  It occurred after almost an entire week of full English breakfasts, and I wanted pancakes and sausages that day.  I wanted something different that day, but I usually go with the local cuisine.

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I ate once at a London McDonald's for breakfast.  It occurred after almost an entire week of full English breakfasts, and I wanted pancakes and sausages that day.  I wanted something different that day, but I usually go with the local cuisine.

From what I’ve read, they’re only getting pastry and coffee at the McDonald’s, so why not get much better quality coffee and pastry at a local Italian coffee bar? Yet they’re claiming McDonald’s is the only restaurant open at 10 AM, lol.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, AstridM said:

From what I’ve read, they’re only getting pastry and coffee at the McDonald’s, so why not get much better quality coffee and pastry at a local Italian coffee bar? Yet they’re claiming McDonald’s is the only restaurant open at 10 AM, lol.

We were in Italy, Rome and Venice, and I didn't like their coffee at all. But, we walked right by the McDonald's.  In London, the 4 of us shared a Happy Meal just to see what it was like.  Similar but different, to us at least.  Of course we ate local food the rest of the time.  Maybe the Duggar crew is used to American style coffee. I am.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

We were in Italy, Rome and Venice, and I didn't like their coffee at all. But, we walked right by the McDonald's.  In London, the 4 of us shared a Happy Meal just to see what it was like.  Similar but different, to us at least.  Of course we ate local food the rest of the time.  Maybe the Duggar crew is used to American style coffee. I am.

They are Starbucks drinkers, I'm not surprised they would find Italian coffee shops intimidating and choose McDonalds.  Italian coffee culture is very different than what they are used to.  It's a shot if espresso drank standing up only during certain hours.  Also one of the few places Italians are quick.  There are going to be places that cater to Americans, but if the Duggars are lacking that knowledge I can see why they would opt for McDonalds.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They are Starbucks drinkers, I'm not surprised they would find Italian coffee shops intimidating and choose McDonalds.  Italian coffee culture is very different than what they are used to.  It's a shot if espresso drank standing up only during certain hours.  Also one of the few places Italians are quick.  There are going to be places that cater to Americans, but if the Duggars are lacking that knowledge I can see why they would opt for McDonalds.  

yes I understand that.  We didn't prefer the Italian version.  We weren't intimidated by any of it.  Tried it, didn't like it.  That's okay, right?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Well, I was nearly dumped in the Grand Canal in Venice one evening while on a boat ride, so yes, there are things to do in the evenings.  Restaurants are open at night.  The cultural places like museums and churches are not, but they probably aren't too interested in those places anyway.  

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Well, I was nearly dumped in the Grand Canal in Venice one evening while on a boat ride, so yes, there are things to do in the evenings.  Restaurants are open at night.  The cultural places like museums and churches are not, but they probably aren't too interested in those places anyway.  

Were you there in the winter though? They were really feeling the cold when they first got there. 

I'm wondering what they are feeding the baby. A cat will rebel if you change its food suddenly. Either not eat at all or  "return" the food. I picture a one-year old being the same way but maybe his stomach is as easy going as the rest of him appears to be.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

They could have simply said that (if that’s the case here) instead of claiming that McDonald’s is the only place open. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
(edited)

Just catching up on the videos of their trip and the last James posted was of Venice. He is not the greatest narrator but his camera work is pretty good. I am curious to see the Israel videos. None so far. Still want to know why Jason was not in Italy. 

Edited by auntieminem
It is Jason not Justin
  • Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Just catching up on the videos of their trip and the last James posted was of Venice. He is not the greatest narrator but his camera work is pretty good. I am curious to see the Israel videos. None so far. Still want to know why Justin was not in Italy. 

Do you mean Jason?  Not sure Justin can leave smother Spivey's side and certainly couldn't go anywhere without his wife who looks like his math teacher.

I wonder if there will be any Israel videos since Boob was there and he has apparently become somewhat camera shy.  I suspect we would just see the Israel McDonalds and have more of James's mumbly narration.

ETA: I hope James isn't trying to catch a nice fundy girl with that awful picture posted upthread.  He looks a very rough 40 possibly even worse than his felon brother.

Edited by Meow Mix
  • LOL 8
12 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Just catching up on the videos of their trip and the last James posted was of Venice. He is not the greatest narrator but his camera work is pretty good. I am curious to see the Israel videos. None so far. Still want to know why Justin was not in Italy. 

Perhaps Justin isn't there because he's an actual working Duggar currently in Texas.

• Like 8
(edited)
On 3/4/2023 at 1:40 PM, ginger90 said:

“Finally” is an odd choice.

What, you weren’t waiting with bated breath to see whether James’s plane had touched down safely in the land of gun-totin’ God-fearing good Muricans, safe at last from those heathen Catholic Italians?

Edited by LilJen
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

Do you mean Jason?  Not sure Justin can leave smother Spivey's side and certainly couldn't go anywhere without his wife who looks like his math teacher.

I wonder if there will be any Israel videos since Boob was there and he has apparently become somewhat camera shy.  I suspect we would just see the Israel McDonalds and have more of James's mumbly narration.

ETA: I hope James isn't trying to catch a nice fundy girl with that awful picture posted upthread.  He looks a very rough 40 possibly even worse than his felon brother.

Jason was apparently seen in pictures from Israel. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Yes, I meant Jason. Too many Jeds to keep straight. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I hate to give James any credit for anything, but no matter how much fun I have on a trip or how amazing it was, I’m always glad to come home to my own bed, my pets, my family etc. Especially if the trip is more than 7 days. So “finally home” make sense, especially after jet lag and time changes. 

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
On 3/5/2023 at 4:23 PM, BetyBee said:

The Sun has the same problem. 😉

That was the one bit of much needed levity during the felon's trial.  I loved them constantly misidentifying the Duggar howlers.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
(edited)
On 3/5/2023 at 3:36 PM, auntieminem said:

Yes, I meant Jason. Too many Jeds to keep straight. 

This made me cough/laugh out loud at work, lol

I feel like the "finally" home rubs some the wrong way because he just took the trip of a lifetime that many hard-working people would need to save years for, and wording it that way makes it sound like a chore he was checking off his list.  The weird face he's making doesn't help.

"James Bond is Back?" Hahahahaha, does he even know who James Bond is?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 13
On 3/7/2023 at 2:19 PM, laurakaye said:

"James Bond is Back?" Hahahahaha, does he even know who James Bond is?

They’re a great deal more familiar with pop culture than they’re willing to admit. I think they watch a great many  “forbidden” movies and TV shows on the sly. And, of course if you watch it on your laptop or phone, you can claim that you don’t watch “television” without actually lying.

• Like 15

Reruns of the show Jacka** seems the appropriate choice of shows for J'stupid and his bros.

He has a post today showing them taking 4 cars they wrecked in the gone mild videos to the landfill.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, AstridM said:

More from J’Stupid. “Late night” apparently = before 8 PM. Let’s gooooo! 🤣🤡

28625614-200D-48CB-AC1E-BD37DE999FC3.jpeg

I see two women with long hair at this late-night taco bash - I assume one of them is Jana?

• Like 1

While the female in the back talking to a baby in a stroller, (who I think might be Katey) could be Jana, I think the one who has hair like Abby is a kid standing up. Possibly Josie with a braid and winter headband/ear warmers? Plus I don't see JD there. The darker haired female looks young to me as well, maybe cousin Emily?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While the female in the back talking to a baby in a stroller, (who I think might be Katey) could be Jana, I think the one who has hair like Abby is a kid standing up. Possibly Josie with a braid and winter headband/ear warmers? Plus I don't see JD there. The darker haired female looks young to me as well, maybe cousin Emily?

Lord, I had hoped cousin Emily was able to escape her slavery.

• Like 8
On 2/28/2023 at 1:20 PM, lascuba said:

It's not that I object to people eating at McDonald's internationally...nothing wrong with wanting familiar and affordable food, though I can't relate, myself.

On 2/28/2023 at 1:20 PM, lascuba said:

It's not that I object to people eating at McDonald's internationally...nothing wrong with wanting familiar and affordable food,

I can't fault anyone for wanting familiar food, especially at breakfast. And to be fair, if I was traveling through Europe I would have one lunch at McDonald's in each country, just to see how different they are from the US McDonald's.

Edited by Nysha
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I can't fault anyone for wanting familiar food, especially at breakfast. And to be fair, if I was traveling through Europe I would have one lunch at McDonald's in each country, just to see how different they are from the US McDonald's.

When I lived in Italy, we used to go to the local McDonalds at lunch for marinated squid salad and beer. 

Plus, they always had the ORIGINAL Hot Apple Pies.  The ones that were deep fried pastry with the molten apple filling that burned the shit out of your mouth on the first bite.  We'd buy 4-5 each and eat just them.  

Finding fun & different items at familiar fast-food outlets is a kick.  The menus are culture-driven, so they are still a bit of an adventure. 

• Like 16

Compare and contrast.

Jana - 33 year old adult, no college degree, no job, single and still lives with parents.

Michelle - 33 year old adult, no college degree, married, 12 kids ages 12 and under.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Compare and contrast.

Jana - 33 year old adult, no college degree, no job, single and still lives with parents.

Michelle - 33 year old adult, no college degree, married, 12 kids ages 12 and under.

So does the family consider Jana to be a failure as a person? 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Stevie Nicks said:

So does the family consider Jana to be a failure as a person? 

She hasn't married and pumped out babeez for Jesus - so, yes.

But she probably keeps the household running while Meech floats around doing dog knows what - so, they ain't gonna rock that boat, and therefore, no. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Compare and contrast.

One had a choice and one didn't.

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Yeah, it probably isn't anything. Her brother Jackson works for Jason and hangs out with Jason and James a lot. So Addee could just be visiting Jenni, Johanah and her brother. I assume he is taking the picture.  

I read in the Bates topic that James & Hannie went to Trace & Lydia’s gender reveal along with a couple of others. James probably just drove the girls to get lunch or whatever they were doing.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Yeah, it probably isn't anything. Her brother Jackson works for Jason and hangs out with Jason and James a lot. So Addee could just be visiting Jenni, Johanah and her brother. I assume he is taking the picture.  

James visited the Bateses. They attended Trace and Lydia's gender reveal.