Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Laura was a camp councelor at the Discipleship camp, she says there were 150 people there. Why in the heck is a 34 year old playing camp counselor with a bunch of teens? Same with Jana, get a damn life!

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

From the Joe Kendra thread

I think I had too much wine with dinner.  I read this as "Joe Kenda" and wondered what their connection was to a retired detective from Colorado.   

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Laura was a camp councelor at the Discipleship camp, she says there were 150 people there. Why in the heck is a 34 year old playing camp counselor with a bunch of teens? Same with Jana, get a damn life!

I can't enlarge these, but it was easy to spot Jana. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I would guess that the possibility of building his reputation and some kind of movement that would move him and their ideas forward may be just as important to them as money, if not more so, at this point........

Power is more important than run-of-the-mill earning and grifting. Because if you can get enough power for you and your co-believers, you'll have everything you want, in this world and the next. I really believe this is what's circulating in the heads of JB, Caldwell and the others at this point -- and what they've fed into the mind of the new standard bearer, Jed. 

JB was willing to pay for power before, so I'd bet he's willing to pay for it now. .....He was deluded then, of course, and we can only hope he's just as deluded today. 

But didn’t Jesus say the meek will inherit the earth? 😆😆😆

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

And supposedly Laura's academically trained as an artist and a designer. She's described herself as some kind of freelance designer who enjoys traveling around the country to do design jobs with different companies and organizations.......

I'll admit that when I read that I thought it sounded like a kind of unlikely career .... How many people are actually bringing in out-of-town freelance designers to their own sites for short periods? But if she actually doesn't do that -- or doesn't do much of it -- what the heck does she do, aside from these very occasional weird one-offs that she posts about and out-of-town babysitting trips with Duggarlings?

Is she some kind of weird super-Christian intelligence agent who infiltrates groups of young fundies to find out who's really naughty and nice or something? So she can report back to...who? Gothard? David Waller? The CIA? The Church of Scientology? WTF?

And then she lives with the Duggars. WTF again. Her life seems to me to make no sense whatsoever. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I spy Smuggar's signature, so it's not all campers. Please don't tell me he led a group of young men.

Led them straight to the nearest peephole, I’d wager.

Her life seems to me to make no sense whatsoever. 

She’ll write a great insiders tell all book, once The Duggers eventually use her up.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But didn’t Jesus say the meek will inherit the earth? 😆😆😆

That was a smoke screen. 

Or else Jingle actually is slated to inherit the Earth and that's the real reason Jeremy married her. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
57 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I spy Smuggar's signature, so it's not all campers. Please don't tell me he led a group of young men.

I also spy Josh's signature. 

53 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i spied jackson and justin duggar

Yes to Jackson and Justin Duggar. I also spy signatures of Jason Duggar, "Cousin" Emily Peters, Lauren Caldwell, and a lot of people with the last name Andregg who were mentioned in the Sweet Fellowship thread. 

• Love 2

I also saw a Wissman, but the first name was obscured by the frame. I knew the Duggars had loose ties with them, but not close enough to send one of their unmarrieds to Jed's camp. 

It really does look to be mostly Duggar cronies.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Excellent. 

Don't want them expanding their reach. Although I must say Jed doesn't seems to me as if he'd attract very many people in any case. He looks to be a terminally boring, kinda dumb, super-smug arrogant-looking stuffed shirt. I don't know how attractive that is even to super-fundies. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

He's probably envisions himself as the next Gothard. After all, that guy started his ministry with the teen centers. He preyed on the parents' fear of their children becoming hippies.I

I wonder if any of the kids at Jed's week(end?) were forced to go? Maybe a little rebellion?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Excellent. 

Don't want them expanding their reach. Although I must say Jed doesn't seems to me as if he'd attract very many people in any case. He looks to be a terminally boring, kinda dumb, super-smug arrogant-looking stuffed shirt. I don't know how attractive that is even to super-fundies. 

I'll start worrying when Jed starts wearing perfectly folded pocket squares or bows in his hair.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also saw a Wissman, but the first name was obscured by the frame. I knew the Duggars had loose ties with them, but not close enough to send one of their unmarrieds to Jed's camp. 

I see both Stephen and Hannah Wissman on different sides of the frame. Stephen seems to be the name obstructed by the frame. 

I also see Lily Swanson, and Micah Caldwell. I'm using fundie wiki to help determine names.

Possibly Jana Duggar too although it seems cut off by the frame. 

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if any of the kids at Jed's week(end?) were forced to go? Maybe a little rebellion?

I'm guessing some were because this is the age when the kids would be questioning their family's beliefs. Maybe some parents considered it a Mini Alert or Journey to the Heart,a cheaper & shorter version.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

Folks fall into cult like groups for reasons; a tragic event, lost and alone, midlife crisis, etc,. and of course being born into it.

No mainstream parent is going to send their kid to this. I don't think these types of events are something you oops into. So if they're looking to enlarge their troops, an event like this isn't going to work.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of growing up, many teens do feel lost and alone, but I'm thinking a typical lonely teen would scroll right past this event on the internet.

So, once again, the Duggars are preaching to the choir.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

so Jed was called to bring this sort of discipleship summit to 'merica when? 

asking because Fort Rock hosted the same type thing in 2018 only Nathan Bates was the chosen fundie...

https://www.fortrock.org/files/2018/06/2018.06.07-08.03-fortrock-5b198f80d335e.pdf

also fort rock fb page the 2019 event was hosted by Laura DeMasie and Joseph Shoemaker

Well, Jed's "about' page blurb said he got the idea on the Australia/New Zealand trip which was in early 2018.

But I'm sure that was horse hockey, for more than one reason -- First of all, because there's no way it was Jed's "idea," as he claimed. Like they'd let him create an event based on his own "idea." The idea of trying to rejuvenate their silly group with one of these things obviously came from the "adults," like David W, Jim Bob, etc. 

And while they may well have taken a look at the Australia/New Zealand ones because they're successful or something, there's no way they just learned about them when they went down there -- as Jed (or whoever wrote his blurb) also wrote. People have been doing them in the U.S. for a while -- so I'm sure they knew that -- and they obviously went to Aus/NZ planning to take a look at theirs. They didn't just stumble on them there after which Jed got his "idea." Nope. 

And now there's your new information -- that they've already tried Nathan Bates as a leader.....He's considerably older than Jed, so he may be higher on the list of 'potential Gothard emulators and rejuvenators" or something. So Jed had to wait his turn. 

As usual, their story has more holes than Swiss cheese. 

What's true, though, I'm still betting, is that JB's trying hard to turn Jed into the new, improved Josh-the-Fundie-Politician. All you need to see that is Jed's headshot on his "about" page (with the White House-y looking background.)And his appearance on the political podcast, and his internship in the Arkansas legislature. The bogus story about how the discipleship thing was his idea is just a cherry on top of the sell-Jed-as-the-new-politician cake. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Why Jed over the other boys? Why not Joe, who's older and married and seemingly career-less? Why not Josiah or John David also older and married? Why not Jer or Jason, etc?

It seems so random. It's been hinted I guess that Jed is particularly devout, but so is Joe.  John David, Josiah, and Jer are supposed to be pilots in training.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Why Jed over the other boys? Why not Joe, who's older and married and seemingly career-less? Why not Josiah or John David also older and married? Why not Jer or Jason, etc?

It seems so random. It's been hinted I guess that Jed is particularly devout, but so is Joe.  John David, Josiah, and Jer are supposed to be pilots in training.

Maybe Jed's the one who showed interest or could be talked into showing the most interest or something. 

I can imagine Joe holding back from this kind of plan. And reluctance would be a barrier. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Joe and JD are nice, but derpy. Si will always be plagued by gay rumors, not to mention he has an unlikable wife. Jason and James are too young, and Jer's been sent to ALERT several times, indicating he's not falling in life. Jed is basically the last man standing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Joe doesn't strike me as someone who wants to be in the spotlight. 

JD is relishing in this new season of life with Abbie, and he seems really camera shy. 

And Si is busy impregnating his wife multiple times in hopes of something sticking and tending to her every whim since she's the first woman to ever be pregnant with child.  (I just can't with that little girl). 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Neither John, Jason, Jana, James, nor Austin has any relevant training, do they? I suppose a few may have basic first aid skills but I have my First Aid badge from Girl Scouts, too, and you don't see me thinking inserting myself in a disaster area would be in any way helpful. Seems revealing to me that "pray" is listed as the first option on the website and the "Donate" button is front and center.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Neither John, Jason, Jana, James, nor Austin has any relevant training, do they? I suppose a few may have basic first aid skills but I have my First Aid badge from Girl Scouts, too, and you don't see me thinking inserting myself in a disaster area would be in any way helpful. Seems revealing to me that "pray" is listed as the first option on the website and the "Donate" button is front and center.

John probably has some training, jana just no, someone claimed austin is a first responder. not sure about that. Jason and James recently graduated from alert camp, surely they must know everything about every emergency.....need a sarcasm emoji...

the only needed training here was john and nathan bates to fly them in for the photo op - clearly this is a duggar/bates money maker somehow

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

When you love the correct Jesus, any other knowledge is unnecessary.....In fact, since it's knowledge, it's downright damaging. God did NOT give you that brain to learn stuff with, oh ye of little faith. He gave you that brain so it'd TEMPT you to learn things .... so you can PROVE YOUR FAITH BY FIGHTING OFF THAT TEMPTATION AND RELYING ON THE CORRECT JESUS ALONE! 

Haven't you people been listening? 

Thoughts and prayers, people. Thoughts and prayers. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

I hope they took enough food, water and their own sleeping bags so they don't use resources that should go to the actual residents of the Bahamas.

They probably only brought bibles because that what the people on the Bahamas need right now 😉

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

When you love the correct Jesus, any other knowledge is unnecessary.....In fact, since it's knowledge, it's downright damaging. God did NOT give you that brain to learn stuff with, oh ye of little faith. He gave you that brain so it'd TEMPT you to learn things .... so you can PROVE YOUR FAITH BY FIGHTING OFF THAT TEMPTATION AND RELYING ON THE CORRECT JESUS ALONE! 

Haven't you people been listening? 

Thoughts and prayers, people. Thoughts and prayers. 

(cross posted - Fellowship thread)

From their website:

Corps

We are a team of believers in Jesus Christ, bonded together in purpose, using the highly technical skills we have been given to serve, equip and train so that as one corps of Filipino and MEDIC staff we can reach the un-reached with the help they need both physical, but more importantly spiritual.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They probably only brought bibles because that what the people on the Bahamas need right now 😉

don't forget the Dum-Dum lollipops & nail polish & throwing in the Jesus money tracts for good measure. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The company behind the medicorps web site is the same one that runs the Bates Girl Boutique.

F'n idiot grifters.

As I noted on the other thread, the info on the website was valid for when they did medic services in the Philippines. Dumbasses.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

As I noted on the other thread, the info on the website was valid for when they did medic services in the Philippines. Dumbasses.

I guess since they're with a Bates it makes sense, but damn, these people can't even get their cons stright. School would've helped them be more dishonest, and not get caught. File all this under 'using you real name and address to bill Ashley Madison'.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

I don't think any Duggars went to the Philippines. That was all Lawson and Nathan. Looks like they joined forces with JD to get a PO box in Springdale. Sounds like the Bates boys already had a phone number and website.

• Love 2

Hey Duggars, I don't think the folks in the Bahamas need your assistance. You know who could use some missionary work? Saudi Arabia.  

Saudi Arabia would love for you guys to come proselytize to their folks. Maybe start in Mecca?

Edited by anna0852
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4

John and Jana both volunteered at the fire dept.  so presumably have at least basic first aid knowledge. Although Jana panicked when Josie had seizures. According to Joy, Austin is an EMT.  It’s possible that he is since they would also need basic first aid knowledge st his parents camp. 

I hope they do more than what they did at Joplin when that tornado struck. 

Where are these planes supposedly landing since the airports in the devastated areas are flooded?  Nassau airport is open, but that island received little damage. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

EF109E1C-709F-499B-A821-37F2482AFC60.jpeg

I will give them some credit for this. I can't help but think it would be a lot more helpful for them to send money, or to fly actual, qualified people or supplies to the islands. Still, it's more than they do 99% of the time.

The storm only moved off of the Bahamas within the past couple of hours. If they weren't flying directly into a hurricane, it was something pretty close. They're very lucky that they didn't add to the casualty count.

I won't believe that they're anything more than a nuisance until I see actual photos, and see if they manage to go more than a couple of days without being asked to leave and go and "help" someone else.

• Love 12