Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

Frenchie/Edgar is the picture you see when you look up "bounder" in the dictionary, but I like the addition of new blood into the storyline.  Anything to get away from the Lu/Tom dead horse.  And, good lord, Harry Dubin is back next week, so new blood is doubly needed.

I too thought it was weird that Bethenny made a point of having almost only seafood for her party when she not only eschewed sushi at Dorinda's birthday party two years ago, but also didn't partake in the seafood tower at the first luncheon with Jules last season, both because of a stated allergy.  So what gives?  Half my family is terribly allergic to seafood, and none of them would throw a party where the only food was seafood.  It's just weird.  OTOH, at leas there was something to eat, unlike that weird no label wine party Lu had.  They should have sent a PA to a Whole Foods and gotten a cheese tray at the very least.

5 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wowza, it really put me in the mood to venture down to my fav dumpling joint on Eldridge, between Hester & Canal.  Hope it's still there.

Prosperity was there; they had great dumplings and some kind of chive pancake dealio that I loved (it's been several years since I was there). A hearty lunch for 2 for under $5. I think it didn't bounce back from the back alley rat issue, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, swankie said:

I cringed when she said I know he loves me because he reaches for me every morning or something like that.

I immediately thought he did that to check to see if she was still there. He knows what happened to the boyfriend right before the Count blew into her life.

• Love 6

Why was Dorinda (whom I love) wearing a house dress at Bethenny's party, everyone else was glammed up but Dorinda was dressed like June Cleaver at a PTA meeting.

My disappointment in B's party was all the branding on the favors, ice luge and the bottles of SG on display.  

So Frenchy has moved in to Casa De Crazy, this should be Tinsley's cue to move out fast, I would not want to be there when Sonja finds Frenchy rooting around in her jewelry box or purse for valuables, we know that will be an ugly fight.

I still do not like Lu's wedding dress or reception dress at all.  I do hope she is happy with Tom, I bet he is nice guy to his friends.

• Love 2
(edited)

It was very un-Countess like of LuAnn (who wrote a book on etiquette) to throw a get together to gush about the wedding to people who intentionally were excluded from the wedding.  I agree that the setting for this look really cheap.

If she doesn't want people to talk about her relationship, then she needs to stop bragging and throwing it in everyone's faces what a great catch Tom is; how she moved to the head of the line and he chose her.  And everyone is just jealous.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 23
7 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I listed a few situations where I thought it was perfectly normal to have a second party.  What LuAnn did however seemed very rude.  The people not invited clearly knew it was because LuAnn didn't like them that much and didn't want them at the original wedding.  

I am guilty of throwing an after the wedding party for friends that weren't invited.  Our wedding was 2hrs away in our home town.  We invited our closest "local" friends, but felt awkward about asking people to do the travel (with tolls), hotel room, and still please give us a nice gift thing. Our circle has nowhere near the disposable income of the housewives -we actually thought it'd be rude and imposing, plus I expect our wedding budget was tighter than Luann's.  We held it at the pub we frequented and told our guests no gifts were necessary. It was very casual and low key.  No one seemed offended or snarky about it, at least that I was aware of. We wanted to celebrate with our friends and co-workers, and they seemed genuinely happy to be there.

I had no idea I had committed such a faux-pas.

• Love 14

I spent the better part of my first waking hour watching this shite and cringing in embarrassment for almost everyone except Dorinda (go figure).  Now my neck & shoulders hurt and my TENS unit suddenly stopped working.  Real Housewives shows shouldn't make me need to take an Aleve ...

• Love 7
6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

For me, it's more her attitude than anything. She's so cool but when it comes to venturing outside her box with regard to some things--food for example--she gets kind of stiff and closed minded. MMV .

But is that *really* a problem? Lol. I admit to projecting here. I like to think of myself as socially conscious and quite aware and open-minded (which is why I said earlier it was a bad look that Carole and Bethenny were making such innuendos about Tom) , but you're not going to get me to be open about a lot of foods. I mean, dim sum, of course, because dim sum is yummy. But I don't like seafood (yeah, I said it!), so whether it's shrimp or fish (wellll, maybe rockfish because it's super light) or squid or lobster, I'm going to wrinkle my nose at it...especially if you persist on me trying it. 

• Love 9

Maybe, I missed something on Bethenny's ice luge sculpture.  Weren't they all drinking from the same dispenser? I did see Bethenny wiping it off with a napkin at one point, but, how is that sanitary?  I suppose it's fun for some people.  I'm not one of them.  I would enjoy looking at it, while I enjoy my own glass of champagne though.  

I really liked that bizarre looking dress that Dorinda had on at one the events.  She wore some bizarre looking glasses with it too.  I've never seek anything quite like it.  Anyone know who the designer is? It was very multi-colored.  

I'm not defending Bethenny, but, I think that what she complained about in previous seasons was an allergy to fish, not shellfish or seafood, but, I would think that caviar would be included in the FISH category.  Hmm.....I forget if she ate that.  Maybe, the production people forgot. 

I just get the feeling that Carol and Adam's relationship has run its course. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lilsadone said:

Of course he looked shocked at Luanne when she spoke French - everyone who speaks it says her accent is horrible and her french is really bad. :D 

Might not have been my first thought in reading this but it certainly is a close second!  

Reading here instead of watching on tv is turning out very enjoyable! Almost like listening to Radio RHONY -- I can imagine these characters without actually having to, y'know, *see* them being their mean-ass selves.

Carry on!--please and thank you!

• Love 2

Maybe, I missed something on Bethenny's ice luge sculpture.  Weren't they all drinking from the same dispenser? I did see Bethenny wiping it off with a napkin at one point, but, how is that sanitary?  I suppose it's fun for some people.  I'm not one of them.  I would enjoy looking at it, while I enjoy my own glass of champagne though.  

Usually you get a straw that extends the little exit point by slipping over the luge shoot not that I've done a lot of luges or anything.  But it is never a very elegant operation.  I had and HATED the shots in the cookie because it was a crumby drink, literally.  And I'm drinking.  Don't be giving me cookies.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Since I'm in charge of following B on social media.  She is allergic to fish but not shellfish.  It is a severe allergy.  So when Heather was insisting on redoing the menu for Bethenny and 5 times Bethenny told her to drop it but she couldn't because Heather is MOM.  Bethenny was saying , no I know what I can eat and I can find things with sushi.  And she can, any shellfish.  So at her party there was only shellfish.

Honest (probably dumb) question, not meant to snark - allergic to fish but she can eat caviar?

It definitely seemed to me that the after wedding party was just an excuse to have an event Bravo could film with everyone there - otherwise, why would Dorinda be there since she was at the wedding?  But they couldn't just say that of course so it seemed weird.  Also explains why the venue was so not nice, Lu didn't give a damn about that party.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just get the feeling that Carol and Adam's relationship has run its course. 

Carole and Adam are still together. Carole knows that she can't live with another man, and that's great self-awareness to have. She said that she and Adam had been living together for six months at that point, and she was ready for him to have his own space. That doesn't mean that she's expecting a break up at that moment. She's also aware that Adam does (or may?) want children. I feel like most guys who live in big metropolises don't start seriously thinking about kids 'til they hit 34/35 or thereabout, so who knows? Adam and Carole could be together for another three or four years. He doesn't seem unhappy with her. 

Besides, people were calling time of death on their relationship back in 2014 and they're almost at the three year mark now. 

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

It was very un-Countess like of LuAnn (who wrote a book on etiquette) to throw a get together to gush about the wedding to people who intentionally were excluded from the wedding.  I agree that the setting for this look really cheap.

If she doesn't want people to talk about her relationship, then she needs to stop bragging and throwing it in everyone's faces what a great catch Tom is; how she moved to the head of the line and he chose her.  And everyone is just jealous.

I think Lu is trying to will a "happy marriage" into being, if she keeps on saying it and putting it out there it will be............

I also envision Tom in the men's room at the Regency carving hash marks on the wall counting down time served.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

This really bothered me. It's cool and urbane to be a fiftysomething who "shacks up" with a younger dude... but let's shade someone because he's fifty and oh my, hasn't been married before and has TWO. FAILED. ENGAGEMENTS? Who cares? How does it impact you? She's not concerned, she's just snarking.

Carole is, IMO, clearly still bitter about Luann's attitude toward her relationship with Mr. Sexy Salad.

You've just written a great memo to sending Carole to free agency! I was gonna say "back to the minors," but that would leave her open to be called back up. Do not want.  Carole? Bye, "girl."

• Love 5

I only watch this intermittently and don't really know who everyone is... but why do they all flap their arms about when they talk.  And they're all pretty scary and intense about everything.  I don't think I'd want to be a friend to any of them.  The woman that just got married looks like she'll kill the hubby if he steps out of line.

Anyway, glad I'm not stinking rich I guess. 

• Love 3

Honest (probably dumb) question, not meant to snark - allergic to fish but she can eat caviar?

She said no and I think that was when the question came up on twitter.  Last year at the caviar thing.  I know that it was an original  RYONYC event when she first had an allergic reaction and it wasn't shown.  She said it is an issue sometimes because food will use fish oil etc but that restaurants are real aware of peanut and fish allergy and can answer that question

• Love 5

It may have been the way she was eating those crackers,...but did anyone find it odd when Bethenny told her driver to be back in and hour and a half so she could be home to "put Bryn down".  Isn't Bryn 6yrs old?  She made it sound like Bryn was an infant or a pet on their deathbed.  

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am guilty of throwing an after the wedding party for friends that weren't invited.  Our wedding was 2hrs away in our home town.  We invited our closest "local" friends, but felt awkward about asking people to do the travel (with tolls), hotel room, and still please give us a nice gift thing. Our circle has nowhere near the disposable income of the housewives -we actually thought it'd be rude and imposing, plus I expect our wedding budget was tighter than Luann's.  We held it at the pub we frequented and told our guests no gifts were necessary. It was very casual and low key.  No one seemed offended or snarky about it, at least that I was aware of. We wanted to celebrate with our friends and co-workers, and they seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Guilty of thinking about the people who weren't invited?

You were considerate to have thought of them.

Again, NO RULES WERE BROKEN in your case because everyone has different ideas as to what THEIR wedding should be.

I am still trying to figure out why my wife married me.

My dick shoots lead.

Self defense, of course?

• Love 9

I know someone who makes these casual, ostensibly innocuous, little digs at the expense of his wife. (Hall pass. Wedding band is weighing down my left shoulder.) After witnessing this again and again, if you, as the friend or family member, care about the wife, it starts to upset and/or infuriate you.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Despite her proclamations that she's just a wee, young girl and her hip downtown clothes Carole really is such an old bitty!  Speculating that Tom is gay! The horndog of the UES is suddenly gay. Carole should look a little closer to home since almost a third of millennials consider themselves bi. And no Carole, you aren't that "girl" you are a 54yo woman!!!! But she did look nice in the gold sparkly dress.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 9

I for one felt that Luann’s party was a tacky poorly planned afterthought from Bravo to beat the Luann’s wedding into the ground.   I think it appropriate to have a local reception when you have a destination wedding.  It’s just that this “reception” was so sloppily executed that it was clear that it was specifically set up for filming fodder.   I did like the humor everyone seemed to have about it. 

Ramona is still hell bent on embarrassing herself and the outing with Avery and her peer group was cringe worthy.   Ramona, you are almost 40 years OLDER than these girls, NO they do not see you as their girlfriend, you are their friend's MOTHER. Stay in your lane.  I would love to find out what Mario feels about her desperation spiral.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Avery will ever be considered physically beautiful. She looks a lot like Mario.  On a guy, those features look pretty good. On a woman, not so much.

Fortunately, she has a beautiful personality, so for me she is beautiful. 

I liked your post because I agree--except that I think Avery has a unique look and it is beautiful, even to those who don't know her personality.  She's got a rather wide bridge (?right word?) between her eyebrows which is unusual but certainly not ugly.  

Most of all, she radiates (when I remember seeing her on tv) a happiness and a calm, a centered-ness that is completely lacking in her mother for sure, and to a degree in all of the Housewives. 

So basically I agree with you 99%. And I wanted to take the opportunity to post in praise of Avery!

1 hour ago, Lizzing said:
7 hours ago, swankie said:

I cringed when she said I know he loves me because he reaches for me every morning or something like that.

I immediately thought he did that to check to see if she was still there. He knows what happened to the boyfriend right before the Count blew into her life.

Knee-slapper!!

• Love 5

The thing that got me about Carole's response to the dim sum lunch was not so much that she didn't want to try the food, but that she didn't even seem to know about the concept of dim sum at all. Like she'd never heard of eating in that way in a Chinese restaurant. I grew up living outside a city of 20,000 people in central Wisconsin in the 70s and 80s and I knew what dim sum was back then. We didn't have any place you could get it in Stevens Point WI, but my mom and I dreamed of visiting somewhere where we could eat dim sum. I think we'd seen a travel show on PBS or something (one of the four channels we got living out in the country). We even made a dim sum meal once for the family with about 8 different appetizers from a chinese cookbook (and wow the chopping that entailed!). All of this to say, how the heck does Carole have so little knowledge? Didn't she travel the world when she was a serious journalist? She just seems to have so very little curiosity about anything outside of her insular world. 

I'm totally convinced that Lu's not-invited-to-the-wedding party was purely a producer production. There's no way that that was something Lu came up with. If you think of her hostessing in the Hamptons and how well organized and gracious her wedding seemed to be, it's clear that that sad little party was not by her design. I think the producers wanted another chance for the other women to go in on Tom and Lu and their relationship - since there's so little other drama going on this year. And we're getting more of the same next week (it appears from the previews) where someone has brought the woman Ramona pursued as another ex of Tom's to some event with Lu and Tom, so that once again it can be thrown in Lu's face. 

They should have called this episode "3 Sad Parties" - you had Ramona out with her daughters, Bethenny's big Xmas bash of what, 6 people?, and the basement for the wedding rejects (or as we like to call them the cast of RHONY)>

• Love 20
2 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

LuAnn's gloating over her catch was so unseemly.  It wasn't just her thrill at finding "true love" and a playmate, but the putdown of other women with the repeated shrieks that she got him, that he was so eligible, etc.  The most grating comment was that she feels like Cinderella at the ball with there being so many women competing and HER getting the glass slipper. Ouch. Love is not a zero-sum game, people!

Oooo, this is where I'm agsin SO glaf you all "watch this do I don't have to"!  This scene alone would've sent me into teeth-grinding mode. Have some class, X-countess!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

What else is a 60 year old woman not supposed to do? 

The flabby skin sticking out was the first thing I noticed (and have noticed before on other dresses she wears). It is because of either an ill fitting bra for her whacked up boob job or the dress needs alterations. She is always talking about having her clothes altered so she really should get that shoulder area on her too small dresses altered. If I were her friend I would point it out to her and tell her that it is the first thing noticed. If she decides she is fine with it, fine. But I am still going to notice it and wish it weren't there. 

I can't tell you how many times - across the years - that a woman in my office would yell at me for NOT telling them about some wardrobe malfunction they had happen to them,

I was the office boyfriend/husband and had a wonderful rapport with the ladies I worked with. I appreciated the fact that they even wanted my opinion.

The fucking pervert that I am.

------------

If you CAN'T find an Asian ice cream shop? Look for a Mexican 'paleteria'/ice cream shop.

Real ingrediences and some combos that sound bizarre, but really work.

Spicy Tamarind? Rice Milk?  Spicy Hibiscus? The ONLY thing that sucks is that you can't sample a popsicle, so you are stuck with what you buy, but all in all?

I'd venture it's just as good for the ice cream and experience.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, swankie said:

I don't know, I thought Bethenny looked pretty cute this episode.  Probably because she was smiling more.  She's not as homely as Carole anyway.  Carole looks to have been a heavy thumb sucker as a child and it has permanently disfigured her mouth.  I don't think she looks like she's had work done either.  If she has, it didn't take.

Both of their faces have had botox and fillers up the ying yang.  Sometimes they look good, sometimes their faces look like they are about to explode from the tightness and chemicals injected.  Beth is younger than Carole and Dorinda and yet she looks to me to be about the same age.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Carole and Adam are still together. Carole knows that she can't live with another man, and that's great self-awareness to have. She said that she and Adam had been living together for six months at that point, and she was ready for him to have his own space. That doesn't mean that she's expecting a break up at that moment. She's also aware that Adam does (or may?) want children. I feel like most guys who live in big metropolises don't start seriously thinking about kids 'til they hit 34/35 or thereabout, so who knows? Adam and Carole could be together for another three or four years. He doesn't seem unhappy with her. 

Besides, people were calling time of death on their relationship back in 2014 and they're almost at the three year mark now. 

Yeah, I love the self awareness of it. Carole not wanting to live with Adam doesn't mean she doesn't want him around, just not around all the time. They have fun together. Living together definitely changes a relationship. 

After living with my   now ex husband for 25 years,  and now living alone for 9 months, I couldn't imagine living with a man again.  I love living alone (we share our son 50/50).

So Frenchie was originally for Tinsley? Now I see why Tinsley was trying to keep Sonja away from the 23 year old the first night she met him. Sonja can't help herself, as Ramona and Tinsley both have said, Sonja works fast. 

I get Beth wants to advertise her skinny girl stuff but,  lord it looks so tacky at every event she's involved with.  And the constant skinny girl gift bags.... I'd throw mine in the trash. 

I did notice a few episodes ago, Sonja had several boxes of skinny girl coffee, she had most of the label torn off. I didn't even realize there was skinny girl coffee. I'm sure Beth gave it to Sonja in a gift bag. If Sonja is stealing equal packets from restaurants, she's  definitely drinking free skinny girl coffee. Lol. 

Ramona was cring inducing during that dinner with those young women. I'd be so embarrassed if I was Avery, I'm sure she's used to crazy Ramona. 

Lu's son is so good looking. 

• Love 9
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Thanks for the update.  By the way Carol acts..... I don't know.  So, I suppose we have Luann who has a terrible relationship, but appears ecstatically happy and Carol, who has a wonderful relationship, but, appears quite blase.  Go figure. lol  Maybe, some things are just as they appear. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

But is that *really* a problem? Lol. I admit to projecting here. I like to think of myself as socially conscious and quite aware and open-minded (which is why I said earlier it was a bad look that Carole and Bethenny were making such innuendos about Tom) , but you're not going to get me to be open about a lot of foods. I mean, dim sum, of course, because dim sum is yummy. But I don't like seafood (yeah, I said it!), so whether it's shrimp or fish (wellll, maybe rockfish because it's super light) or squid or lobster, I'm going to wrinkle my nose at it...especially if you persist on me trying it. 

I feel like if I say anything else about this I'll dig myself into a bigger ditch on this when I don't intend to, lol. 

I totally hear you. And I hate... well, hate is a strong word for me... dislike I guess?... seafood too ;) Seafood porridge is my waterline for no-go foods. (And no offense to those who love it)

But clearly you (and others here) are not the kind of people that I'm referring to. It's primarily that *Carole* has this "cool" attitude that isn't really all that cool as she portrays it to be. I don't really mean food here, just in her attitude to people who aren't in her tight circle.

In previous seasons we've seen Carole serve her guests delivery pizza when they came over, and they whined about it. And I think in that same episode she mentioned that she's not a fancy eater. And at that time, I was like, that's fair. (And who whines about the food you're given anyway?) I don't really care personally what she eats. And she DID come off as laid back. I don't know if I'd use that term for her now. She now (in particular, not any of you reading this... unless you're Carole, lol) comes off as strangely provincial when she approaches unfamiliar food.

• Love 1

This excerpt from Brian Moylan's recap on Vulture reminded me of something I thought I'd imagined/hallucinated.  I was watching live so I couldn't rewind/re-look, but that was one freaky-deeky apparition looming in the background!

"This episode had a bunch of celebrations that reminded me more of the Donner Party than anything else. One was Ramona’s charity event, which was so insignificant we don’t even get a segment on it. We know that a shindig is the equivalent of toilet paper on the bottom of a shoe when we only see it in flashbacks. That means the cameras were there, but it was more of a snooze than taking two Ambiens with a Nyquil chaser while watching an episode of Nova.

But that does not mean there was not a great moment. There was! It is so brief you barely see it, but it happens when Tinsley shows up at the party to greet Ramona with another guest who can only properly be described as the Babadook dressed as a funeral director. He was the scariest, creepiest man that I have ever seen on camera, so much so that I had to rewind the scene three times to make sure I was watching The Real Housewives of New York City and not the video tape from The Ring. I asked my boyfriend, “Why did someone disinter the body of Alice Cooper and prop him up at a Housewives party? He’s not even dead!” I have so many questions. Who is this man and why did Tinsley bring Nosferatu to Ramona’s party? I need to know!"

• Love 12
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Despite her proclamations that she's just a wee, young girl and her hip downtown clothes Carole really is such an old bitty!  Speculating that Tom is gay! The horndog of the UES is suddenly gay. Carole should look a little closer to home since almost a third of millennials consider themselves bi. And no Carole, you aren't that "girl" you are a 54yo woman!!!! But she did look nice in the gold sparkly dress.

Really? I missed this when was this? Why in the world would this now be her speculation? I don't dislike Carole but what the hell is wrong with her? I get she doesn't really like Lu, but her  her comments  of Tom are a bit much. She also would make rude comments about Dorinda's boyfriend, John (?).  

Eta: I just went back and watched it, I had missed the first part of the meal, with Carole and Beth. What an odd jump for Carole to take. 

I get that all these women think tom is a lying cheater, but damn their glee over it incredibly telling about them. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

I would be dammed if I'd invite these heifers to my wedding either! You'd have camera crews, make up people, producers, etc. , etc. all over the place. Ramona would get drunk and insult a guest, Bethanny would complain the whole time, Sonja would be hitting on everyone over the age of 12, Tinsley would be kissing random men, Carole would mope around like the cloud of despair she is. Dorindas the only one I'd invite also! SO really, would you want that circus at YOUR wedding?

That sad, sad after the wedding party room was just pitiful. Not even a vase of flowers??? Come on producers, do better! 

And if anyone finds that guy whos dick shoots diamonds please give him my number. I could use the cash.

• Love 7

I love Dorinda since she is the only real one left. Does anyone know who made her dress for the leftover wedding party? I love patterns, even Carole's talking head print top.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Both of their faces have had botox and fillers up the ying yang.  Sometimes they look good, sometimes their faces look like they are about to explode from the tightness and chemicals injected.  Beth is younger than Carole and Dorinda and yet she looks to me to be about the same age.  

The problem with fillers is twofold, They are a temp 'procedure' - They stretch the skin out and over time are absorbed into the skin - so they need to be injected every so often. The other problem is that the areas that you inject over and over again develop little 'pools' under the skin - you can see the lumps of injectable build up over time.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Maire said:

I love Dorinda since she is the only real one left. Does anyone know who made her dress for the leftover wedding party? I love patterns, even Carole's talking head print top.

Was that the very bright multi-colored one? I found it very unique and loved it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Marilyn Monroe looked like Joan Rivers

I don't understand these women opposition to LuAnn's marriage. They are not her true friends. Why continue to water a plant if you don't care whether or not it grows?

I officially have a girl crush on Tinsley

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm one of those people.  I'm 5'10" and a size 4.  I eat because I have to.  I enjoy a good steak but I do not have adventurous tastes at all.  When I was in India, I lived for McDonalds because I hated Indian food in the US and found it worse in India. I live in the Middle East now and rarely eat Arabic food. I like some of the barbecue and some of the breads but that is it about it. I do not understand the olives 5 million different ways.  

Enh, see my above reply.  I'm not an adventurous eater but I am very open-minded about just about everything else. I don't think you can really correlate food opinions to whether or not a person is open-minded. 

I would have loved to have seen that and even better, Ramona's reactions to it!  She always acts like Avery's friends are her friends and they love to spend time with her. I would have loved to have seen her reaction to hear a bunch of 20 year olds diss her. 

No joke, I was 25 or so when I had PF Chang's for the first time.  I had Mongolian Beef because it was the thing that sounded closest to normal.  I will now eat at PF Chang's regularly (I have yet to try a different Chinese place) and have only ordered Mongolian Beef for the last 11 years. I'm not an adventurous eater (dude, I'm probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet) so I just stay to what I know I like. I will try something that sounds like something I like (example: I like barbecue and grilled meats so I tried arabic barbecue when we first moved to the Middle East) but I won't sit there and decide to see what lamb fattoush is like.  Nope.  No thanks. 

Thank You! I'm as far left and open minded as I could ever be. But I don't give one whit about food. I worked in restaurants for 45 years and food means NOTHING to me and I too am a super picky eater.  Never had Dim Sung in my entire life and I'm 59 years old! I like sweet and sour chicken.  There now you know my entire Asian food menu. Tell me a 4 star fancy place with twee little tasting menus and I'm off to 5 Guys Burgers to get some real food! It is what it is! We're not all adventurous eaters nor do we want to be. A friend asked me yesterday what she should make me for lunch when I come for a day visit. She almost fell over when I said a burger on the grill! Hey, you asked, I answered. Has NOTHING to do with my adventurous side in any other capacity. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wowza, it really put me in the mood to venture down to my fav dumpling joint on Eldridge, between Hester & Canal.  Hope it's still there.  Eight of THE most delicious pork & chive dumplings EVER for 2 bucks.  Yummy yum yum!

Prosperity Dumpling? Unfortunately, it closed last year. They had a major health code violation. I agree that the dumplings were delicious, tho! 

Born and bred New Yorker here and I haven't had dim sum, either. Though I'm down to try it. I'm all about bite-sized food. And that ice cream spot looked good, too. I'll try to venture down there after work and check it out.

I'm a picky eater as well, though I've been forcing myself to try new things. I've made progress. For me, it was Carol's attitude that was off-putting. I didn't expect her to try durian, and, hopefully this was editing, I didn't like the faces she was making in front of the ice cream employee. 

I'm over all this talk about Luann and Tom's marriage. As I wrote last year, whatever happens, Lu's going to be fine. She always lands on her feet. 

I have a soft spot in my heart for John. It was such a small thing, but when he walked in and sized up Carole (I didn't think it was in a gross way) his facial expression made me laugh. I get that he's extra and can't read a room at times, but there's something about him that doesn't bug me. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Good for you! No faux pas committed! :) 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yikes. In the preview, Ramona with her hair-- bangs, wisps, and all-- slicked back into an extreme ponytail.

I came here just to comment on that.  She needs a V05 Hot Oil Treatment - STAT!

10 hours ago, beesknees said:
  • I'm going to get roasted for this but what was up with Avery's face tonight?  I'm talking about the area between her eyes.

She looked like a cross between someone with a Frankenstein forehead and fetal alcohol syndrome.  I couldn't stop staring to the point that I was missing the dialogue.

I don't remember Avery's face looking so odd and puffy like that.  My friend immediately said botox injections that have not settled down yet (she gets them regularly).  At 22 yrs old?  I say no but the look (whatever it is) is unnatural.

I agree with you.  Not sure if she had something done to her face or if it was her haircut or if she's just maturing, but she looked different somehow.   I do really like Avery. She's 1000x smarter, kinder and more mature than her mother. 

Speaking of which--Ramona needs to never say "deets" again.  Gawd, she's embarrassing. 

• Love 12

There is a difference between not liking/being allergic to/and not knowing about different cuisines.

If you don't like a food because you have tried it and didn't like it or had some kind of reaction to the ingrediences?

I get that.

Carole just lacks a sense of adventure, but she probably has good taste in pizza and M&M's.

Someone should get her a good bar of Swiss Chocolate, blow her fucking mind..

• Love 6

Oh Moaner, give it up. the 20 year olds only want to hang with you if you are picking up the check. I think Avery is cute, but she needs to learn to apply makeup. Her eyelids looked wonky with that color. 

Not buying the Frenchie thing. I smell a Bravo plant. 

Carole and Adam, zzz. N o one cares about whether you can live with a man. No one cares about your relationship. 

Beth's party looked fab, but why only 5 people and that huge spread. And I did not get putting you mouth on the luge. Aren't you supposed to put a glass there?

I am so over Lu's "can you believe I'm getting married?". Just stop. I find Tom weird, but maybe he just doesn't impress on TV. 

Methinks Sonja (and Ramona) are a little jelly of Tinsley. She's a lot younger and prettier and  doesn't have to work as hard as they do to get attention. 

The "those who were not invited to the wedding" was just sad. Bravo has a huge budget for RH, so I'm guessing that was on purpose. Just like B showing up and no one was there. I have heard that the producers will tell one cast member purposely to show up late or early. If they show up early, they usually snark, and if they are late, everyone snarks at them. Perfect for filming.  

• Love 7

Why on earth did Ramona tell Avery and her friends about how she fought with Bethenny?  If I were Avery I would have been mortified by that and the fact that Ramona's dress was too small on top and the side boob was happening.  The look on the friends faces were priceless when Ramona said that they could hang with her whenever they wanted to and she would make dinner, like that would happen.

Do we know what Avery is doing?  She graduated from college, right? Wonder what her major was.  She seem so confident and normal, not a thing like her mother.

• Love 12

It may have been the way she was eating those crackers,...but did anyone find it odd when Bethenny told her driver to be back in and hour and a half so she could be home to "put Bryn down".  Isn't Bryn 6yrs old?  She made it sound like Bryn was an infant or a pet on their deathbed.  

Definitely the way she was eating those crackers...

Speculating that Tom is gay! The horndog of the UES is suddenly gay

She wasn't speculating, she was discussing rumors about Tom.

Thank You! I'm as far left and open minded as I could ever be. But I don't give one whit about food. I worked in restaurants for 45 years and food means NOTHING to me and I too am a super picky eater.  Never had Dim Sung in my entire life and I'm 59 years old! I like sweet and sour chicken.  There now you know my entire Asian food menu. Tell me a 4 star fancy place with twee little tasting menus and I'm off to 5 Guys Burgers to get some real food! It is what it is! We're not all adventurous eaters nor do we want to be. A friend asked me yesterday what she should make me for lunch when I come for a day visit. She almost fell over when I said a burger on the grill! Hey, you asked, I answered. Has NOTHING to do with my adventurous side in any other capacity. 

tenor.gif

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Beth's party looked fab, but why only 5 people and that huge spread. And I did not get putting you mouth on the luge. Aren't you supposed to put a glass there?

She ran this same party for her staff holiday party.  So it might be that she just went with the same set up.  If you notice there is no bar in the corner and a larger dining table.  So this is after the staging.  Right around this time Hoppy gets arrested, apartment goes on the market and is staged, Bethenny and Brynn start a two month every weekend trip to Vail, Aspen, Yucatan, Bahamas ....

It was my guess that the apartment was staged, closets mostly emptied and Bethenny not living there hard.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Rolling eyes very, very, very hard.  Way to get that obligatory SG plug in, Bethenny.  And what if you're invited to her party & you don't wanna drink that crap?  Will she scream & shriek at you & order you to leave?  Hell yeah.

Christmas holiday parties in June -- just after a record-breaking heatwave here in NYC?  Not into it, producers.  Not into it AT ALL!!

Sonja's French guy looks like a rentboy.  Guess she's using her Bravo dough to keep that dude around.

The Tinz is fun!

God, you are so freakin' annoying, Moaner.

What I noticed about the rentboy is how he looked at Lu when he met her.  It looked like they had maybe met before and he had a look in his eye that he wanted her big time.  I didn't see him look at Sonja that way.  

• Love 1