Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why on earth did Ramona tell Avery and her friends about how she fought with Bethenny?  If I were Avery I would have been mortified by that and the fact that Ramona's dress was too small on top and the side boob was happening.  The look on the friends faces were priceless when Ramona said that they could hang with her whenever they wanted to and she would make dinner, like that would happen.

Do we know what Avery is doing?  She graduated from college, right? Wonder what her major was.  She seem so confident and normal, not a thing like her mother.

Sadly I believe Ramona is pushing for a spin off or adding Avery as a significant member of the cast.  Avery s just not reality show material.  Ramona and Vicki Gunvalson spent quality time together so I believe Ramona, who has pitched the dinner party idea-with a rotating cast of guests with Avery and Ramona. 

I am guessing after she finishes her summer travels she will probably go to work in her father's business.  It is hers to inherit. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Wendy said:

I officially have second-hand embarrassment. 

Ramona hanging with Avery friends and telling them her problems? WTF

These girls are utterly happy to be having drinks on your dime and cameras showing their faces on national TV If all they have to say is that you are 100% on everything so be it. 

I wish Bravo would have shown Ramona's charity event from the night before. It seems like Ramona not only didn't apologize but she dared to try to defend her appalling behavior. WTF

She has done the same on everything single hotel bathroom where she stayed with Sonja, WTF. 

I am usually a glutton for punishment with this show and do not ff but I could NOT watch Ramona and the girls.  And by girls I mean her daughter and friends.  Not the giant boobs.

• Love 7

Maybe I'm thinking  of Beth skinny girl gift bags to much, (does that sound naughty,  lol? ) but what I think bugs me about them is there's no thought or consideration that goes into them. It's just packed full of her SG products, which lets face she probably has warehouses full of that stuff.  It's just cold and impersonal.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am guilty of throwing an after the wedding party for friends that weren't invited.  Our wedding was 2hrs away in our home town.  We invited our closest "local" friends, but felt awkward about asking people to do the travel (with tolls), hotel room, and still please give us a nice gift thing. Our circle has nowhere near the disposable income of the housewives -we actually thought it'd be rude and imposing, plus I expect our wedding budget was tighter than Luann's.  We held it at the pub we frequented and told our guests no gifts were necessary. It was very casual and low key.  No one seemed offended or snarky about it, at least that I was aware of. We wanted to celebrate with our friends and co-workers, and they seemed genuinely happy to be there.

I had no idea I had committed such a faux-pas.

I don't think this is the same. You left certain people off the invite list because of location. But plenty of people came from NY to Miama for Lu's wedding. Certain people weren't invited because she actively didn't want them there. Which, is fine, and understandable. But then to have a party and go on and on about how great the wedding, that we didn't WANT you at, was; seemed quite tacky to me. Just have a New Years party and call it a night. 

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

It may have been the way she was eating those crackers,...but did anyone find it odd when Bethenny told her driver to be back in and hour and a half so she could be home to "put Bryn down".  Isn't Bryn 6yrs old?  She made it sound like Bryn was an infant or a pet on their deathbed.  

Haha, yea, this may be a "crackers" incident, because I didn't think it was odd at all. Sounded like she had a sitter for the night, but it was important for her to be the one to actually put Brynn to bed. 

1 hour ago, imjagain said:

Yeah, I love the self awareness of it. Carole not wanting to live with Adam doesn't mean she doesn't want him around, just not around all the time. They have fun together. Living together definitely changes a relationship. 

After living with my   now ex husband for 25 years,  and now living alone for 9 months, I couldn't imagine living with a man again.  I love living alone (we share our son 50/50).

Girl, I'm with you. I'm very happily married, but if something were to happen to him or us, I ain't sharing my space again! My mother divorced her second husband when I was 17 and she's been single for the last 20 years. While I do wish she had a nice guy to just accompany her sometimes, I am often envious that she gets to go home to an empty apartment every night and do whatever the fuck she wants. Bahahaha, I'm evil, I know. But yea, I have zero issues with Carole and Adam living apart. It's not like he moved in to actually move in. He was in between places. And I think she didn't like the new dynamic when she's dealing with his messy/annoying quirks all the time. If it suits them, I'm cool with it. 

1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

But that does not mean there was not a great moment. There was! It is so brief you barely see it, but it happens when Tinsley shows up at the party to greet Ramona with another guest who can only properly be described as the Babadook dressed as a funeral director. He was the scariest, creepiest man that I have ever seen on camera, so much so that I had to rewind the scene three times to make sure I was watching The Real Housewives of New York City and not the video tape from The Ring. I asked my boyfriend, “Why did someone disinter the body of Alice Cooper and prop him up at a Housewives party? He’s not even dead!” I have so many questions. Who is this man and why did Tinsley bring Nosferatu to Ramona’s party? I need to know!"

THANK YOU! I forgot about that, but yes - I rewound it too! Several times. I couldn't figure out WHAT that thing was. I thought of Herman Munster, but these descriptors are even better. Seriously frightening, but I need to know more. 

8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

What I noticed about the rentboy is how he looked at Lu when he met her.  It looked like they had maybe met before and he had a look in his eye that he wanted her big time.  I didn't see him look at Sonja that way.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the way he was seriously eye fucking Lu. Damn. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, chewycandy said:

It looked like Frenchie (is his name Edgar?) was kind of enamoured with Luann...I saw a wink.

Sonja's boobs are distracting in her THs. The left one is about to pop out.

Carole kissed John on the mouth!

Ok so it wasn't just me that saw something??!  I wasn't imagining it?  They also focused a bit on the hands during their shake.  There seemed to be something there.

12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yikes. In the preview, Ramona with her hair-- bangs, wisps, and all-- slicked back into an extreme ponytail.

That was a very frightening look.  Whoever did that to her assuming she didn't do it herself has a major ax to grind with her.  

• Love 4

Tom and Luann have zero chemistry-even at their wedding it was clear they were enjoying themselves but were not joyfully in love. Their kissing looked dry and rehearsed. For a man that has never been married before and supposedly found his soul mate, Tom seemed standoffish and more concerned about getting his wine than anything. 

I agree, Frenchie ain't no French man. 

Dorinda is the best, whether she is making it nice, or slurring her way through a toast. She was waving her wine glass around so much I thought she would baptize the crowd with it! 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Sounded like she had a sitter for the night, but it was important for her to be the one to actually put Brynn to bed. 

I agree.   There's plenty-o-stuff to snark about here.  Why chastise a woman who has made a commitment to be home in time to put her child to bed--or even think that a six-year-old shouldn't enjoy that love?   

• Love 16
(edited)

Dim sum is hardly what I'd call adventurous food. I know that people get stuck in a rut food wise but when you are at a place with bite sized pieces and cart coming around with different food items then it seems kind of childish, especially with people who try and come off as an urbane sophisticate, to at least not try a taste. 

My kid spent a year in Japan and upon her arrival her host mother asked if she liked miso soup. My kid said she'd never had it before  and her host mom said that she would be having it for breakfast every morning (like most Japanese). My daughter came home loving some unusual food(pickled plums) and knowing for a fact that she did not like sea urchin. I would have been mortified if she had just eaten the same food she could have stayed home for.

Sonja falling on the floor was beyond ridiculous, like you and this guy are going to adopt one of Carole's fosters let alone a child!!!! 

I agree with Tinsley that stuffed animals are dust magnets and horrible for people with allergies. I died at the "mommy's away" line to Sonja.

Loved Dorinda packaging her gifts in the back of the car.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, escatefromny said:

Bethany and the seafood spread at her "party"?????  I know I'm not misremembering her hysterical breakdown at Dorinda's Berkshires home after she insisted on announcing she was allergic to seafood - instead of just passing on the sushi - and overbearing Heather tried to find her a substitute.  Since then, there have been several scenes with her shoving seafood into her mouth.  I remembering thinking at the time that her "allergy" was just an attention device, certainly seems to be the case.

For a gathering of 6 people who are, allegedly, your "friends" the Bethany party seemed a bit overstated.   Both "parties" tonight just reeked of producer set ups, not fun. (Although, ha!, that Ramona's was left out and had to settle for hazy, flashback highlights).

And Sonja sounds more like a prostitute everyday.  She was blathering on about "no kissing"?!?!?!

She is allergic to fish but not shellfish is what she explained.  Or she simply doesn't like fish and does like shellfish.  I dislike all ocean dwelling creatures except shrimp.  Its much easier to say I am allergic than argue with ONE MORE PERSON that I just haven't tried the 'right' seafood.  I grew up in a beach town with my parents best friends owning a seafood restaurant where what you ate was in the water that morning.  Plus I have been willing to try again and again.  I simply don't like it at all.  Now its easier to say allergic.  Shuts their piehole.

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm not eating anything I don't want to eat just to prove to someone I'm "sophisticated" and "adventurous." Grant you I don't make faces or comments, I just say "no thank you" and keep it moving. I taught my daughter that if she don't want to eat what someone is serving just say no thank you. Extra commentary (I don't eat that, it looks nasty etc) is unwarranted as are facial expressions.  If there are 1,000 different flavors and I want chocolate what difference do it make? It's all the same price. The chocolate must be there for a reason - say ummm PEOPLE JUST LIKE PLAIN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.   

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, beesknees said:

Carole grates.  How in the hell did she not get into the dim sum!?  I mean, if not just for the sake of bite-sized, portion control!  Jules Weinstein would approve.  Dim sum is the best way to try new things if one is not adventurous.

Plain chocolate at an asian ice cream store?  Now that's a fucking sin.  I still dream about the asian-run ice cream shop (Sunset /Outer Sunset District in San Francisco) that had about 30 different flavors of exotic and fun ice cream flavors - green tea, tarot root, etc.  Couldn't make up your mind?  Then spin the wheel!  I floved that place.  Forgot the name.

The fact that Carole lives with a chef makes me think even more that Adam's just with her for exposure/TV time/career advancement and not that much into Carole as they both would like us to think.  JMHO.  Sexy salad indeed.

Here I go with food again.  I am not a fan of dim sum and ice cream isn't my thing (donut/cake gal myself) so I am not side eyeing her food deal (the few times I was taken out for ice cream with my family I got sasparilla rather than ice cream, as a kid!).  Food isn't important to many people and I think Carole is one of them.  I love watching food, cooking etc and I will try many things but not all of us have the same taste.  My sister loves Thai food.  I do not.  I can eat Mexican food morning, noon and night but my husband won't.  Its a silly thing to get weird about unless you tell me you don't like donuts.  Then you are nuts! joking!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Honest (probably dumb) question, not meant to snark - allergic to fish but she can eat caviar?

It definitely seemed to me that the after wedding party was just an excuse to have an event Bravo could film with everyone there - otherwise, why would Dorinda be there since she was at the wedding?  But they couldn't just say that of course so it seemed weird.  Also explains why the venue was so not nice, Lu didn't give a damn about that party.

So, you can be allergic to some shellfish but not all shellfish.  Same thing with fish. So, it could be that she isn't allergic to caviar but allergic to most other fish. 

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

It may have been the way she was eating those crackers,...but did anyone find it odd when Bethenny told her driver to be back in and hour and a half so she could be home to "put Bryn down".  Isn't Bryn 6yrs old?  She made it sound like Bryn was an infant or a pet on their deathbed.  

I have a 5.5 year old and I say that I'm putting her down to bed. It is still the process of putting on pajamas, brushing teeth, reading a book, and saying prayers so to me, it is putting her down to bed. 

8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She is allergic to fish but not shellfish is what she explained.  Or she simply doesn't like fish and does like shellfish.  I dislike all ocean dwelling creatures except shrimp.  Its much easier to say I am allergic than argue with ONE MORE PERSON that I just haven't tried the 'right' seafood.  I grew up in a beach town with my parents best friends owning a seafood restaurant where what you ate was in the water that morning.  Plus I have been willing to try again and again.  I simply don't like it at all.  Now its easier to say allergic.  Shuts their piehole.

I will sometimes say that I'm allergic to fish and shellfish when it is more emotionally traumatized from a horrific food poisoning event when I was younger.  Ugh. It is just easier to say I'm allergic than have to explain that the smell of fish still makes me nauseous after all these years. 

5 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm not eating anything I don't want to eat just to prove to someone I'm "sophisticated" and "adventurous." Grant you I don't make faces or comments, I just say "no thank you" and keep it moving. I taught my daughter that if she don't want to eat what someone is serving just say no thank you. Extra commentary (I don't eat that, it looks nasty etc) is unwarranted as are facial expressions.  If there are 1,000 different flavors and I want chocolate what difference do it make? It's all the same price. The chocolate must be there for a reason - say ummm PEOPLE JUST LIKE PLAIN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.   

Thank you!  The argument that someone isn't adventurous because they are a picky eater is laughable.  Ok, I'm not adventurous with food but I have lived in multiple countries, I've hiked in the Alps, I go scuba diving, etc. I'm adventurous in most every other area of my life. Just not with food!  It doesn't make me unsophisticated.  One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to go to museums (FYI: trying to find the Venus di Milo in the Louvre is one of the hardest things I've ever done), I'm a prolific reader, I have a doctorate...  There are a lot of assumptions being made that are false. 

• Love 11
Just now, diadochokinesis said:

So, you can be allergic to some shellfish but not all shellfish.  Same thing with fish. So, it could be that she isn't allergic to caviar but allergic to most other fish. 

I have a 5.5 year old and I say that I'm putting her down to bed. It is still the process of putting on pajamas, brushing teeth, reading a book, and saying prayers so to me, it is putting her down to bed. 

I will sometimes say that I'm allergic to fish and shellfish when it is more emotionally traumatized from a horrific food poisoning event when I was younger.  Ugh. It is just easier to say I'm allergic than have to explain that the smell of fish still makes me nauseous after all these years. 

Thank you!  The argument that someone isn't adventurous because they are a picky eater is laughable.  Ok, I'm not adventurous with food but I have lived in multiple countries, I've hiked in the Alps, I go scuba diving, etc. I'm adventurous in most every other area of my life. Just not with food!  It doesn't make me unsophisticated.  One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to go to museums (FYI: trying to find the Venus di Milo in the Louvre is one of the hardest things I've ever done), I'm a prolific reader, I have a doctorate...  There are a lot of assumptions being made that are false. 

Yes but all of that is negated if you won't try the lavender butter salted caramel with just a pinch of honeydew and capers ice cream with an octopus reduction topping LMAO!!!

• Love 6

the faces carole made - in the ICS -  reminded me of an idiot I worked with.

The company I worked for would hold 'international days'.

It was like a pot luck for all the different ethnic groups and a day to try all kinds of food.

On the day of the liuncheon, one of the Filipino guys I knew grabbed me and we went over to check out a 'lenchon' - a whole, bbq baby pig.

As we stood there, a gal that was a co-worker of mine walked up and began to make faces and make comments that the dish/pig being 'gross' and 'nasty' - in front of the group that brought it in.

Every time I see someone make faces/comments during a meal, I flash back to the day.

---------------

Carole lacks grace and manners.

Your pal takes you out to grub and you can't even fake some emotions/responses?

On second thought, who wants to hang out with someone who can't even make the effort to be phony?

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

This does seem to be coming up on a lot of Bravo shows, doesn't it?  Yes, it was just on VR, with Brittany's mother's horrified reaction & hard-line questioning of whether Jax had sex with a man & then others in the cast were mocking him for his alleged gay past.  And then there was Vicks' accusations of Eddie being gay on OC.  It's quite nasty & homophobic.  I'm not understanding Satan Andy's complaining about a show he produces.  If he didn't like Carole & Bethenny speaking this way, then why didn't he order it edited out?  He wanted them shown saying this shit & then call them out on it?  Seems shady.  Nothing new for Satan Andy, but still seems shady of him.

My reaction to this convo was I thought they were doing their usual mean girl act when they get together & throwing shit on whoever is their target of the moment.  Nasty stuff indeed.  And since Tom has dated tons of women, I dismissed these accusations as lowball & baseless & yes, really nasty. but typical for these 2.

Btw, Bethenny may have a short memory, but I do not.  I can remind her how she didn't care for it when Omarosa said that she heard Jason was gay.  

To all you fools on Bravo shows, cut this shit out, of calling people gay as a way to insult them & put down their spouse.  And if you really don't like it, Satan Andy, then cut this bullshit out of your shows, you fucking phony hypocrite asshole.

Thank you!  I really like B and C but this really bugged me.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The post-wedding party was odd, IMO.  They had  a room with a few decorative tables with a few vases of flowers, no other decorations, and no food or hors d'oeuvres.   I kept waiting for them to be ushered into another room in order to have dinner.  Maybe that's what a cocktail party looks like though.  I've never been to one, and if that's what it entails - standing around in an empty room shooting the shit and hurling insults about the guests of honor for an hour, well, I haven't missed a thing!

I did notice Carson Kressley in the background of the party.  I was trying to see if there were any other "filler" guests in the room.  I love the guy, but I couldn't figure out why he was there.  I'm positive it was him. 

Do you think that L/T didn't want to have a post-wedding party and it was Bravo that did but Bravo kept the budget at a minimum?  Or L/T did want one and Bravo didn't want to pay for it and spent next to nothing on it.  Lol.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yes but all of that is negated if you won't try the lavender butter salted caramel with just a pinch of honeydew and capers ice cream with an octopus reduction topping LMAO!!!

Yes, but only if it's kale infused and served in a steamed dumpling ;-)

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Waitrose (British grocery store) sells under its Essentials line potato chips/crisps in the following flavors: Prawn cocktail, smoky bacon, and roast chicken. One, why are those flavors considered essential?  Two, euw. 

• Love 3

Waitrose (British grocery store) sells under its Essentials line potato chips/crisps in the following flavors: Prawn cocktail, smoky bacon, and roast chicken. One, why are those flavors considered essential?  Two, euw. 

Amateurs! In China, you can get cucumber flavored chips, or even kiwi flavored, made by Lays.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am guilty of throwing an after the wedding party for friends that weren't invited.  Our wedding was 2hrs away in our home town.  We invited our closest "local" friends, but felt awkward about asking people to do the travel (with tolls), hotel room, and still please give us a nice gift thing. Our circle has nowhere near the disposable income of the housewives -we actually thought it'd be rude and imposing, plus I expect our wedding budget was tighter than Luann's.  We held it at the pub we frequented and told our guests no gifts were necessary. It was very casual and low key.  No one seemed offended or snarky about it, at least that I was aware of. We wanted to celebrate with our friends and co-workers, and they seemed genuinely happy to be there.

I had no idea I had committed such a faux-pas.

I don't see how this is comparable.  The other women not being invited had nothing to do with travel.  It was because LuAnn felt there wasn't a relationship there.  That's her call.  But then don't turn around and throw some cheap get together - only to gush endlessly about the wedding to those same people. 

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Amateurs! In China, you can get cucumber flavored chips, or even kiwi flavored, made by Lays.

We get some of the Japanese groceries over here (I'm in Dubai so people are from everywhere) and it is some of the weirdest flavors. It does make for interesting grocery shopping experiences. Meanwhile, I've been searching for years just for some ricotta cheese. I really want to make lasagna. I just want some ricotta. 

16 minutes ago, Boofish said:

You lost me at honeydew and I made a face!  I have tried lavender creme brulee and it wasn't bad but like another poster lavender is more of a scent to me than flavor.

4 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

We get some of the Japanese groceries over here (I'm in Dubai so people are from everywhere) and it is some of the weirdest flavors. It does make for interesting grocery shopping experiences. Meanwhile, I've been searching for years just for some ricotta cheese. I really want to make lasagna. I just want some ricotta. 

Ricotta is fairly easy to make from what I have heard.  MUCH easier than I expected.  I have never done it but I am interested.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Yeah, I'm over this storyline.  I'm happy for her, but damn, can the show move on to something more interesting?

If they had anything more interesting, they'd be showing it.  Ramona is showing nothing of her life...maybe she doesn't have one?  Same for Bethy...it's just SK promos with her, and moths in her closet.  Sonja has a sudden, new, fake relationship with some guy that she's never, ever spoken of though he's now moving in.  They had to move Tinsley into her house to give Sonja something.  Otherwise, it's just the usual bickering.  So yeah, Lu's wedding it is.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Dim sum is hardly what I'd call adventurous food.

I would have been mortified if she had just eaten the same food she could have stayed home for.

Then you might understand what it's like to go to dinner with my best friend of 70 years!  She will NOT try anything new...although she will go to a restaurant where she should expect her "usual" isn't served.  She asks for well-done meat everywhere AND ketchup (which is put on everything).  If she does try something new she doesn't like, she'll actually spit it in her hand and make an ACK-ACK sound.  She will (kindly) berate a server if we cannot order (and be served) IMMEDIATELY because, "I'm HUNGGGGry!"   Many times she has told the server that whatever she's eating doesn't measure up, "Mine is so much better."   She has NEVER gone for dim sum with any of us because someone once told her chicken feet are served.   Fortunately, I've been a near-invalid for 18mos so I miss these enjoyable experiences.   Oh...there's also the, "I don't drink."  Then she goes on to say that she'll have a Margarita or a Salty Dog, or a Pina Colada or....    Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!  (Many of us have suggested little helps to her--to no avail)

• Love 11
(edited)

RHONY-Sonja-1.jpg?w=600

Now ..... what's his name again?  Think....think....think!!!

ETA:  Picture from TamaraTattles.

For the person thinking that Carson was there at the party.  Apparently yes, he was.   Memory fail here....I should know the gentleman next to him in this picture and for the life of me can't come up with the name.... or the show.

RHONY-Luann-Dorindam-Carson.jpg?w=640

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Ellee said:

RHONY-Sonja-1.jpg?w=600

For the person thinking that Carson was there at the party.  Apparently yes, he was.   Memory fail here....I should know the gentleman next to him in this picture and for the life of me can't come up with the name.... or the show.

OMG.  I can hear his voice in my head...  I can't think of the show either!

(edited)
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Not buying the Frenchie thing. I smell a Bravo plant. 

same here.  I thought that when Tins mentioned Rocco right in front of him, and she & Sonja burst out laughing, and then he was like, "who, Rocco?" and then Sonja's TH said she didn't think they knew about eachother.  In real life, when a friend is dating multiple partners, you  hopefully don't put them on blast in front of the one who's making your breakfast (but I haven't been single since 1986 so what do I know?)

And I watch stuff like 2 Broke Girls for "screwball comedy" (well it wasn't really that great, so they cancelled it, but...) and do not need that in my reality, TYVM

regarding Carole's attitude-slash-dim-sum-disdain, I agree with those of you who expected more of our chic little downtown "hipster." 

Everyone's got their own tastes, but, for example, when I say I'm going out for sushi & someone says "ewwww how you can you eat raw fish?  Disgusting!" it turns me off.  I  try to be very open with everyone's preference;  if someone's not into fancy dinners, great!  Let's go to Applebee's! Burgers are awesome!  but respect someone else's taste, please!

Edited by teapot
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, diadochokinesis said:

Memory fail here....I should know the gentleman next to him in this picture and for the life of me can't come up with the name.... or the show.

OMG, is that Doug from Trading Spaces?!

• Love 12

RHONY-Sonja-1.jpg?w=600

He was on Trading Spaces. An interior designer named Doug something ...

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Then you might understand what it's like to go to dinner with my best friend of 70 years!  She will NOT try anything new...although she will go to a restaurant where she should expect her "usual" isn't served.  She asks for well-done meat everywhere AND ketchup (which is put on everything).  If she does try something new she doesn't like, she'll actually spit it in her hand and make an ACK-ACK sound.  She will (kindly) berate a server if we cannot order (and be served) IMMEDIATELY because, "I'm HUNGGGGry!"   Many times she has told the server that whatever she's eating doesn't measure up, "Mine is so much better."   She has NEVER gone for dim sum with any of us because someone once told her chicken feet are served.   Fortunately, I've been a near-invalid for 18mos so I miss these enjoyable experiences.   Oh...there's also the, "I don't drink."  Then she goes on to say that she'll have a Margarita or a Salty Dog, or a Pina Colada or....    Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!  (Many of us have suggested little helps to her--to no avail)

I get your friend.  I am a very picky eater, and my meat has to be well done.  It's how I was raised.  I get so tired of explaining things to people.  STFU and order as you like.  I haven't had liquor/beer since college and I don't like seafood.  My kids, however, will try everything!  

Oh, and my biggest food insult --- I hate cheese!!

I prefer to eat at home anyway.  Fancy restaurants just aren't my thing.  I go, order something simple, and enjoy the company.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

If he didn't like Carole & Bethenny speaking this way, then why didn't he order it edited out?  He wanted them shown saying this shit & then call them out on it?  Seems shady.  Nothing new for Satan Andy, but still seems shady of him.

Satan Andy knows that he and his friends talk like this all the time...gay guys throw shade at friends still in the closet--associates they think are gay--out people because they think it's about time.  It's par for the course and Andy was "playing for the camera."

• Love 5
Just now, Boofish said:

He was on Trading Spaces. An interior designer named Doug something ...

Ok, I know Doug. I know Carson. It is the other guy that I can't place!  I swear I have seen him somewhere!

FYI: i have one of those brains where I will watch a show and swear I remember someone from another show and look it up on IMDB and I remember them from 1 episode on a show 15 years ago.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

get your friend.  I am a very picky eater, and my meat has to be well done.  It's how I was raised.  I get so tired of explaining things to people.  STFU and order as you like.

I should have explained further...that she has to make it dramatic...EXPLAIN her desire for well done meat and ketchup to everyone at the table--every time--AND the server...and apologize for it.  I've given up saying, "And tonight, don't apologize!"

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Ok, I know Doug. I know Carson. It is the other guy that I can't place!  I swear I have seen him somewhere!

FYI: i have one of those brains where I will watch a show and swear I remember someone from another show and look it up on IMDB and I remember them from 1 episode on a show 15 years ago.

Randy!  Is it Randy from Say Yes to the Dress???  It looks like it might be him but it also kinda doesn't look like him. 

And yes, I totally quoted myself. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree that not everyone needs to be adventurous. I'm kind of a picky eater. But it was her attitude about it. She was making faces and noises right in front of the ice cream shop employees. I just found that rude. I recently went to Ireland and, while the country isn't considered super exotic food-wise, I did find myself trying things I normally wouldn't. Not a big fish fan, but it's fairly prevalent there. So I had some. My B&Bs served a full breakfast and I tried the blood pudding (which actually wasn't that bad) and the warm tomatoes (which disgusted me entirely). I drank a lot of tea, which I am typically not a fan of. I never once gagged or grimaced or commented on the food, other than to compliment it. It's just about manners, not taste. 

Bethenny annoyed me a bit for putting down Carole.  Still, I iiked that segment to see Chinatown, where I so rarely go cuz it's such a PITA to get to, since I live in the Upper East Side.

Carole was the big surprise.  As I said before, I thought she seemed incredibly unsophisticated when it comes to food -- & she tries oh-so-hard to appear very much the opposite.  Sure, she has the absolute right to like & eat whatever she wants.  But the faces & idiotic reactions to food of another culture on cam wasn't just unsophisticated, it was really disrespectful.  Real nice, Carole.  

Carole wasn't too bad last ep.  This ep she's making faces at Chinese cuisine & making homophobic comments on Tom.  I'm back to finding her completely useless.

Er, btw, does Frenchie have a job?  Hmmmm.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Ok so it wasn't just me that saw something??!  I wasn't imagining it?  They also focused a bit on the hands during their shake.  There seemed to be something there.

That was a very frightening look.  Whoever did that to her assuming she didn't do it herself has a major ax to grind with her.  

I think LuAnn probabbly met Frenchy  when batchit crazy Kelly Bensimone was dating him. 

Edited to add...Luann may have also had a date or two with the guy also

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I should have explained further...that she has to make it dramatic...EXPLAIN her desire for well done meat and ketchup to everyone at the table--every time--AND the server...and apologize for it.  I've given up saying, "And tonight, don't apologize!"

Oh no....I just place my order quietly.  Please don't make a scene that I'm ruining a good piece of meat.  My kids are very thoughtful of my limited palate, and always make sure there is something I like on the menu before we go.  If I could change my habits of eating, I would....but I just can't.  : (

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Satan Andy knows that he and his friends talk like this all the time...gay guys throw shade at friends still in the closet--associates they think are gay--out people because they think it's about time.  It's par for the course and Andy was "playing for the camera."

Just a quick comment I didn't write what you re quoting.  

2 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I think LuAnn probabbly met Frenchy  when batchit crazy Kelly Bensimone was dating him. 

Edited to add...Luann may have also had a date or two with the guy also

That is what I was thinking.  That and Lu had already sampled Frenchie and was perhaps up for more.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

I can't tell you how many times - across the years - that a woman in my office would yell at me for NOT telling them about some wardrobe malfunction they had happen to them,

I was the office boyfriend/husband and had a wonderful rapport with the ladies I worked with. I appreciated the fact that they even wanted my opinion.

The fucking pervert that I am.

------------

I

You're a surgical suite assistant or nurse or something, aren't you -- are they forgetting to tie the robes closed?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Or she simply doesn't like fish and does like shellfish.  .

This is what I figured. And that's fine. You are correct -- it's easier than having people urge, "O just try it!" That gets old real fast.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

You're a surgical suite assistant or nurse or something, aren't you -- are they forgetting to tie the robes closed?

I do not want any male co-worker discussing my wardrobe unless I have toilet paper stuck to my shoe.  Mind your business!!  ??

I have to admit, in an otherwise boring episode, Sonja's fall to the floor made me laugh.  

• Love 4

Ramona with Avery and her friends was just  disgusting,  This is nor a "cool mom".  First off, there's a good chance that Ramona is OLDER than the parents of some of these girls. Secondly, at that age, I would NEVER have wanted to "hang out" with any of my friend's parents or their parents' friends.  Different generations, different worlds. I'm sure some of those girls think Ramona is demented (hell, I think Ramona is demented) and are just humoring her because they like Avery.

Ramona, you will never look like you are in your twenties, thirties, or forties again, no matter how much unneeded, unnecessary and bad plastic surgery you get.  Can you imagine Dorinda or Lou trying to hang out with their daughters' friends? 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

I would think office would be the tip off where he worked, but then again I am not use to people in the OR wearing robes-usually the ones I have been around they wear scrubs.

Just now, PradaKitty said:

Ramona with Avery and her friends was just  disgusting,  This is nor a "cool mom".  First off, there's a good chance that Ramona is OLDER than the parents of some of these girls. Secondly, at that age, I would NEVER have wanted to "hang out" with any of my friend's parents or their parents' friends.  Different generations, different worlds. I'm sure some of those girls think Ramona is demented (hell, I think Ramona is demented) and are just humoring her because they like Avery.

Ramona, you will never look like you are in your twenties, thirties, or forties again, no matter how much unneeded, unnecessary and bad plastic surgery you get.  Can you imagine Dorinda or Lou trying to hang out with their daughters' friends? 

Well in all fairness Luann did hire her niece's boyfriend as a chef, who was skateboarding with her sixteen year old son.  Oh wait, he ran off with the houseguest Carole, who is Luann's age.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I would think office would be the tip off where he worked, but then again I am not use to people in the OR wearing robes-usually the ones I have been around they wear scrubs.

Pretty sure ElDos has mentioned working in a surgical suite filled with hi-jinks and hilarity but maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. We should let him respond and clarify.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Randy!  Is it Randy from Say Yes to the Dress???  It looks like it might be him but it also kinda doesn't look like him. 

And yes, I totally quoted myself. 

Lol, and I'm glad you did as I had no clue who he was.  Thought that he probably was the guy they said was 'dating Ramona'.  :D

• Love 3