Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S09.E11: A Countess No More

Recommended Posts

Quote

I, for one, do not have a problem with a dick shooting out diamonds.

Well, Luann did say in one her "songs" she would bring the diamonds...good to know she has Tom and his diamond-spewing dick for that now.

Edited by BBHN
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Carol is just not a foodie. Food doesn't seem to interest her.  She's one of those people who are naturally thin, who eat what is easy and close by.  Wasn't the name of the book she's collaborating with Adam, ' The Reluctant Vagan' ?  Food is just not her thing.  There is no problem.

I think she's a bore. zzzzz Plus as far as good is concerned, she has a problem imho. She made such a big deal on how thin Jules was, she hasn't seen her stick like arms and legs. Ugh! Eat a burger Carol!!!

2 hours ago, escatefromny said:

Bethany and the seafood spread at her "party"?????  I know I'm not misremembering her hysterical breakdown at Dorinda's Berkshires home after she insisted on announcing she was allergic to seafood - instead of just passing on the sushi - and overbearing Heather tried to find her a substitute.  Since then, there have been several scenes with her shoving seafood into her mouth.  I remembering thinking at the time that her "allergy" was just an attention device, certainly seems to be the case.

For a gathering of 6 people who are, allegedly, your "friends" the Bethany party seemed a bit overstated.   Both "parties" tonight just reeked of producer set ups, not fun. (Although, ha!, that Ramona's was left out and had to settle for hazy, flashback highlights).

And Sonja sounds more like a prostitute everyday.  She was blathering on about "no kissing"?!?!?!

Both parties = epic fail! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, F. M. said:

I think she's a bore. zzzzz Plus as far as good is concerned, she has a problem imho. She made such a big deal on how thin Jules was, she hasn't seen her stick like arms and legs. Ugh! Eat a burger Carol!!!

Ahem, you mean, "eat a SEXY burger"and wash it down with some http://www.nakedjuice.com/

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Plus as far as good is concerned, she has a problem imho

Do we know this for sure?

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, swankie said:

The fact that he wasn't even wearing his wedding ring at their party for the women not invited to the wedding spoke volumes to me.  I have a feeling he won't be wearing it a lot.  smdh

He was wearing it, Ramona grabbed his hand to look at it and you can see a brief flash of it. He then made the not funny jokes about his left shoulder feeling lower and mentioned he thought it was too big and that he didn't want to wear one but he was wearing one.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Carole grates.  How in the hell did she not get into the dim sum!?  I mean, if not just for the sake of bite-sized, portion control!  Jules Weinstein would approve.  Dim sum is the best way to try new things if one is not adventurous.

Plain chocolate at an asian ice cream store?  Now that's a fucking sin.  I still dream about the asian-run ice cream shop (Sunset /Outer Sunset District in San Francisco) that had about 30 different flavors of exotic and fun ice cream flavors - green tea, tarot root, etc.  Couldn't make up your mind?  Then spin the wheel!  I floved that place.  Forgot the name.

The fact that Carole lives with a chef makes me think even more that Adam's just with her for exposure/TV time/career advancement and not that much into Carole as they both would like us to think.  JMHO.  Sexy salad indeed.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Carole and Bethenny look almost scary with the amount of work they've had done.

I don't know, I thought Bethenny looked pretty cute this episode.  Probably because she was smiling more.  She's not as homely as Carole anyway.  Carole looks to have been a heavy thumb sucker as a child and it has permanently disfigured her mouth.  I don't think she looks like she's had work done either.  If she has, it didn't take.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, beesknees said:

that had about 30 different flavors of exotic and fun ice cream flavors - green tea, tarot root, etc.  Couldn't make up your mind?  Then spin the wheel!  I floved that place.  Forgot the name.

Polly Ann on Noriega. 

Even if not a foodie I was shocked that Carole has never been to dim sum. Most of these women are sheltered in the most random of ways. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

My Dorinda love grows with every episode. She is who she is. No rental dates, no phony storylines (at least, nothing obviously so), and straightforward. Plus funny. She's now a fave across the franchises.

Tinz is at bat and about to hit a double. I love that she's getting under Sonja's skin by, I don't know, daring to have a life and sense of humor. Sonja's weird house rules are exhausting. Next thing you know she'll be putting her initials on the food in the fridge and getting pissed if Tinsley happens to use the monogrammed finger towels in the guest bathroom to dry off her hands.

Dropping like a hot rock on my roster, and now up for free agency, is Ramona. For some reason, she was my favorite since I started watching (I think it was the season they went to Morocco). But she's gotten SO rude, and SO inconsiderate, that I can't anymore with her. I'll raise a glass of San Seer to the memories, but adios, Ramona. It's been swell.

And maybe I'm ignorant, but Bethenny's comment about the "best ice cream in Chinatown" was a little weird. Is NYC Chinatown known as an ice cream Mecca? Is there a lot of competition for that crown? (NB not that there aren't great Asian ice cream shops/Asian-inspired flavors; see: Mitchell's, etc. in SF) That said, I have food allergies and I'm a more adventurous eater than Carole. 

5 hours ago, ladle said:

I missed most of Bethenny's sterile holiday party and the Ramona Singer Recapture-My-Youth Wine Hour. 

I think they had one of these at the Embassy Suites I stayed at a couple months ago.

5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Sonja is criticizing Tinsley for dating a young guy? How old is Frenchie? 

For real though! Wasn't Sonja "dating" some twentysomethings a couple seasons ago? Oh I'm sorry. Sonja doesn't date; why get caught up in those semantics?

5 hours ago, ladle said:

Carole speculating about Tom's sexuality was not a good look on her.  I realize she was probably responding to a direct question, but still. 

 

5 hours ago, charming said:

Wait. I thought it was bad when Bethenny and her minions were calling Luann a slut gold digging whore. Then they switched it up that Tom was broke and looking for a Sugar Momma. Plus his penthouse isn't really that great, here's the floorplan to prove it.

Prior to the wedding Bethenny and her minions wanted everyone to know that Tom was having sex with every available woman in NYC. Now that they're married suddenly he's gay and Luann uses a strap on? Better yet he's gay because he's 50 and had broken engagements? Really, Carole?  What a bunch of ridiculously bitter hags.

Pick a lane because you look desperate and bitter. Luann seems happy and living her life as she sees fit.

This really bothered me. It's cool and urbane to be a fiftysomething who "shacks up" with a younger dude... but let's shade someone because he's fifty and oh my, hasn't been married before and has TWO. FAILED. ENGAGEMENTS? Who cares? How does it impact you? She's not concerned, she's just snarking.

Carole is, IMO, clearly still bitter about Luann's attitude toward her relationship with Mr. Sexy Salad.

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhh, I do think he is a rent a date but I think this speaks more about Sonja's desperation for a storyline focusing in on her, not her roommate Tinsley! LOL

I agree. My first thought was, what rental agency did this guy come from? LOL He seems nice enough but it's just too "convenient" that he is "enamored" with Sonja and "moving in" and "talking about babies." 

2 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I listed a few situations where I thought it was perfectly normal to have a second party.  What LuAnn did however seemed very rude.  The people not invited clearly knew it was because LuAnn didn't like them that much and didn't want them at the original wedding.  

The boring basement party was clearly self serving, and for more TV time. If she'd had the party at Dave and Buster's, it would have been classier.

1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Get her a book of names, so she can retire the name "Baby".

 

 

Ha. "Baby Names That Aren't 'Baby.'"

17 minutes ago, beesknees said:

 

Plain chocolate at an asian ice cream store?  Now that's a fucking sin.  I still dream about the asian-run ice cream shop (Sunset /Outer Sunset District in San Francisco) that had about 30 different flavors of exotic and fun ice cream flavors - green tea, tarot root, etc.  Couldn't make up your mind?  Then spin the wheel!  I floved that place.  Forgot the name.

 

Mitchell's! Yes, that's some good stuff! (Or maybe the other poster is right, Polly Ann. Mitchell's is closer to the Mission. Haven't been to Polly Ann but Mitchell's has some awesome flavors too)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Hardly a Carole fan here, but I will defend her right to not be adventurous when it comes to food.  I thought Bethenny was showing off & putting Carole down, which I didn't care for.  But that's Bethenny.  She's exactly the kind of friend who will put you down.  If you're up for that, God Bless.  Still, I liked this segment.  Bethenny is a foodie & she showed an interesting part of the city that many (if not most) native NY'ers (er, like me) are not overly familiar with.  Those dumplings looked totally delish!  

Anyone know what restaurant they were in?  And what street were they walking down?  I thought I heard Mott Street mentioned, but I didn't recognize it.  Wowza, it really put me in the mood to venture down to my fav dumpling joint on Eldridge, between Hester & Canal.  Hope it's still there.  Eight of THE most delicious pork & chive dumplings EVER for 2 bucks.  Yummy yum yum!

Jeez, you're making me kinda nuts this ep, Bethenny.  First, I was nauseous from the obnoxious Skinny Girl plug & cramming your shitty products down your party guests' throats & now you gave me a wicked craving to venture way out of my way to get Chinatown dumplings.  Well, at least she's not screeching like a banshee & treating everyone around her horribly.  True, her fembot assistants look dutifully terrified of her.  But that's her shtick.  And not inviting Moaner to her party?  Oh, that was worth the reaction from Moaner, which tickled me.  And Bethenny standing by herself in that awful Brady Bunch basement joint was priceless.  Loved it!

Btw, speaking of Brady Bunch, was The Tinz rocking Marcia Brady hair or what?  It was so cute & flattering on her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

MITCHELL'S !!!  Thank you ivygirl.  I wish I could buy you a double-scoop at this point (of course one scoop would be your choice and the second scoop, well, you'd have to spin the wheel!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Teddybear said:

LuAnn:  "I have somebody to play with all the time and I love my new playmate."   Um, did LuAnn get a dog or a husband?  Maybe they're one and the same in Tom.  

I cringed when she said I know he loves me because he reaches for me every morning or something like that.  So what happens when he stops reaching?  I'm not wishing any ill will on them.  I actually want their marriage to work just as I want everyone to be happy.  It's just that the odds are so against this marriage making the long haul.  Luann and Tom both are too big of players for them to be exclusive to each other.  When all of the hype dies down I can see them being bored to death with each other.  But maybe that's just me projecting my idea of marriage onto them.  Like I said, I really do hope it works for them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, beesknees said:

MITCHELL'S !!!  Thank you ivygirl.  I wish I could buy you a double-scoop at this point (of course one scoop would be your choice and the second scoop, well, you'd have to spin the wheel!)

Coconut please! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Hardly a Carole fan here, but I will defend her right to not be adventurous when it comes to food.

Yeah, not everyone has to be a foodie. Plus, did she just say she never tried dim sum, or that she has never tried any type of dish from the entire continent of Asia ever?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, beesknees said:

MITCHELL'S !!!  Thank you ivygirl.  I wish I could buy you a double-scoop at this point (of course one scoop would be your choice and the second scoop, well, you'd have to spin the wheel!)

Mitchell's is in the Mission and doesn't have a flavor wheel. Polly Ann is in the Outer Sunset and does and has flavors like durian, lychee and betelnut.

I am curious about this list and how exactly Frenchie was supposed to be for Tinsley anyway Tinsley lucked out even if she is dating a 23 year old with a girlfriend 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Mitchell's is in the Mission and doesn't have a flavor wheel. Polly Ann is in the Outer Sunset and does.

Yeah I edited my post.  That said I do enjoy Mitchell's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

You are correct (I knew the shop was some kind of first name) and the ice cream place was on Noriega?  Anyhoo, we'd better get off ice cream and get back on topic before we get spanked!)  Triple-scoop of ice cream for you biakbiak!  And nothing against Mitchell's either.  It has great ice cream.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, not everyone has to be a foodie. Plus, did she just say she never tried dim sum, or that she has never tried any type of dish from the entire continent of Asia ever?

For me, it's more her attitude than anything. She's so cool but when it comes to venturing outside her box with regard to some things--food for example--she gets kind of stiff and closed minded. MMV .

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Connor seems very sweet.  But instead of an assistant, she needs a housekeeper -- DESPERATELY!  That place is really a fucking mess.  As anyone who might read my posts may know, I do pass her townhouse every day on my way to the subway & from the street you really can't tell what a cramped messy shithole it looks like on the inside.  I mean, look, I've seen worse.  Her kitchen looks kinda OK.  She looks like she has decent appliances & it looks like she has some decent furniture pieces & I don't see cracked walls & ceiling & paint.  So the place doesn't necessarily look like it's falling apart around her.  It's just messy as hell!

So Sonja refers to Connor as her assistant . . . and not another intern?  Does that mean she's actually paying him?  Wow, Sonja has come a long way, eh?  Next step, Sonja, is to get someone who'll clean your joint.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Hmmm, We can take on the man bashing on the thread, next?

------------------

When you have seen a few thousand breasts in various states of repair, a sense of humor helps.

Yeah, Tom has been derided on these boards as a "goblin." 

Bethenny and Carole alike have sneered at John's "sweaty and misshapen" physical attributes, ridiculed LuAnn for biological features beyond her control (i.e. "LuMan"), dissected the exact weight and slender appearance of a recovering anorexic, and asked each other how on earth so many women could be physically attracted to Tom. 

Body shaming is indeed terrible. 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

She's so cool but when it comes to venturing outside her box with regard to some things--food for example--she gets kind of stiff and closed minded

But she doesn't seem all that interested in food to begin with, so why should she be interested in venturing?

Edited by BBHN
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, not everyone has to be a foodie. Plus, did she just say she never tried dim sum, or that she has never tried any type of dish from the entire continent of Asia ever?

She said Dim Sum, I still find it surprising given where she lives which is about 15 minute walk from Chinatown and dim sum is crazy popular with a lot of her crowd. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

She said Dim Sum, I still find it surprising given where she lives.

See my reply above...

Quote

Yeah, Tom has been derided on these boards as a "goblin." 

A diamond dicked goblin, actually.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

But she doesn't seem all that interested in food to begin with, so why should she be interested in venturing?

For me it's less about what food she does and doesn't like, and more about the attitude. I don't care what anyone eats (and if she just serves her guests pizza or Trader Joe's appetizers, what's it to me? I often do the same) but she just seems to not be as open minded about as many things as she portrays herself to be. Food is just emblematic of that. As I said, MMV on that.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

But she doesn't seem all that interested in food to begin with, so why should she be interested in venturing?

Her friend who hangs out with her even when not filming expressed surprise so it's no wonder that some viewers would as well.

@ivygirl not hating on Mitchell's just as my waist line will tell you I am way too familiar with the icecream parlors of SF!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He then made the not funny jokes about his left shoulder feeling lower and mentioned he thought it was too big and that he didn't want to wear one but he was wearing one.

So he's already making excuses!  ;-)  No, just kidding.  I was going off of Tinsley's comment about if a man cheats on her he better wear his wedding ring.  It gave me the impression that Tom wasn't wearing one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, swankie said:

So he's already making excuses!  ;-)  No, just kidding.  I was going off of Tinsley's comment about if a man cheats on her he better wear his wedding ring.  It gave me the impression that Tom wasn't wearing one.

He should have suggested they get tatood rings they would be divorced by now!

Also, John I want to like you mainly because Bethenny and Ro do not but what the hell was your follow-up comment to your praise for Carole's outfit about being able to shrink it for her about? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

@ivygirl not hating on Mitchell's just as my waist line will tell you I am way too familiar with the icecream parlors of SF!

LOL! Me too. (Smitten, anyone?) I just know I'd get crucified in some quarters for making that mistake. So please, don't tell anyone on Yelp that I momentarily confused a place in the Sunset with one in the Mission. I have a reputation to uphold. ;)

Now if all ice cream shops were called "Baby" and served only chocolate ice cream, I wouldn't have this problem!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She said Dim Sum, I still find it surprising given where she lives which is about 15 minute walk from Chinatown and dim sum is crazy popular with a lot of her crowd. 

No, it's def not a 15 minute walk from the West Village, where Carole lives.  It's not even a 15 minute subway ride from her either -- uh, given how shitty the subway has been running lately.  Honestly, it's kind of a PITA to get over there.  Bethenny lives much closer.  She seemed to know her way around there.  I bet she goes over there often.  It's definitely a destination you have to want to go to, if you don't live very close.  

Still, while I'm making no judgement on what food she likes or doesn't, I was surprised by just how unhip & uncool & unknowledgeable & unsophisticated she seems when it comes to food.  I thought being hip & cool was of the utmost importance to her.  I also figured her shtick was lauding it over everyone how sophisticated & knowledgeable -- er, and "informed" she is, right?  No wonder Adam is fleeing her joint.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Strange conversation between Carole and Bethenny while experiencing dim sum.  Apparently Carole failed to realize Bethenny has had two very short term marriages and at least two broken engagements.  I am not sure what two broken engagements has to do with one's sexual preference.  Tonight on WWHL in response to a question from a viewer about Tom being gay, Andy claimed it was a gay slam.  Listen up enlightened ladies, Carole and Bethenny, it is not cool to go there http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-andy-cohen_us_58af4c01e4b0658fc20f9304 Andy and Bravo have been put on notice about these type of comments.  It is not particularly funny and is very offensive to LGBT community and people in general.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

def not a 15 minute walk from the West Village, where Carole lives.  It's not even a 15 minute subway ride from her either -- uh

Sorry for some reason I thought she lived closer. But it was still a routine when I lived on Bleaker and Christopher so I still find it shocking. Not that it my routine would be her routine but still found it odd she seemed unfamiliar with the concept. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Strange conversation between Carole and Bethenny while experiencing dim sum.  Apparently Carole failed to realize Bethenny has had two very short term marriages and at least two broken engagements.  I am not sure what two broken engagements has to do with one's sexual preference.  Tonight on WWHL in response to a question from a viewer about Tom being gay, Andy claimed it was a gay slam.  Listen up enlightened ladies, Carole and Bethenny, it is not cool to go there http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-andy-cohen_us_58af4c01e4b0658fc20f9304 Andy and Bravo have been put on notice about these type of comments.  It is not particularly funny and is very offensive to LGBT community and people in general.

This does seem to be coming up on a lot of Bravo shows, doesn't it?  Yes, it was just on VR, with Brittany's mother's horrified reaction & hard-line questioning of whether Jax had sex with a man & then others in the cast were mocking him for his alleged gay past.  And then there was Vicks' accusations of Eddie being gay on OC.  It's quite nasty & homophobic.  I'm not understanding Satan Andy's complaining about a show he produces.  If he didn't like Carole & Bethenny speaking this way, then why didn't he order it edited out?  He wanted them shown saying this shit & then call them out on it?  Seems shady.  Nothing new for Satan Andy, but still seems shady of him.

My reaction to this convo was I thought they were doing their usual mean girl act when they get together & throwing shit on whoever is their target of the moment.  Nasty stuff indeed.  And since Tom has dated tons of women, I dismissed these accusations as lowball & baseless & yes, really nasty. but typical for these 2.

Btw, Bethenny may have a short memory, but I do not.  I can remind her how she didn't care for it when Omarosa said that she heard Jason was gay.  

To all you fools on Bravo shows, cut this shit out, of calling people gay as a way to insult them & put down their spouse.  And if you really don't like it, Satan Andy, then cut this bullshit out of your shows, you fucking phony hypocrite asshole.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

This does seem to be coming up on a lot of Bravo shows, doesn't it?  Yes, it was just on VR, with Brittany's mother's horrified reaction & hard-line questioning of whether Jax had sex with a man & then others in the cast were mocking him for his alleged gay past.  And then there was Vicks' accusations of Eddie being gay on OC.  It's quite nasty & homophobic.  I'm not understanding Satan Andy's complaining about a show he produces.  If he didn't like Carole & Bethenny speaking this way, then why didn't he order it edited out?  He wanted them shown saying this shit & then call them out on it?  Seems shady.  Nothing new for Satan Andy, but still seems shady of him.

My reaction to this convo was I thought they were doing their usual mean girl act when they get together & throwing shit on whoever is their target of the moment.  Nasty stuff indeed.  And since Tom has dated tons of women, I dismissed these accusations as lowball & baseless & yes, really nasty. but typical for these 2.

Btw, Bethenny may have a short memory, but I do not.  I can remind her how she didn't care for it when Omarosa said that she heard Jason was gay.  

To all you fools on Bravo shows, cut this shit out, of calling people gay as a way to insult them & put down their spouse.  And if you really don't like it, Satan Andy, then cut this bullshit out of your shows, you fucking phony hypocrite asshole.

What bothers me the most is Carole and Bethenny will get a pass, if it is even mentioned because they have gay friends. An excuse that has not worked in the last fifty years, and yet these two women are just beyond the pale with their comments.  It makes my skin crawl almost like Archie Bunker talking about his black friend.

The other thing that bothered me this episode is with the exception of Dorinda, the rest of the cast has not celebrated Tom and Luann's wedding.  It is different having a party and including some uninvited guests but not the first time in a work environment where whatever reason there is some sort of acknowledgment.  It was fairly obvious it was a Bravo required ti attend party, which I think was more an opportunity to see if there would be a Ramona/Bethenny opportunity.  Of course Ramona would say they ran out of money-Bravo blew the budget fr forced parties on Ramona's birthday.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else get a kick out of the Sonja/Tom/LuLu exchange and looks at the party?  

 

Have to say I am hoping T Kyle gets a hold of them and does his thing. 

 

Also Ramona non-stop talking over LuLu when she and Avery just came in ... lol, so Ramona....and LuLu trying hard to say what she wanted to say. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, izabella said:

Lu didn't let Bravo film her wedding, which is why we just got the clips from what looked like someone's cell phone video.  Was the after-party staged just for the show so they could film something wedding related with the Housewives?  That's kind of what it seemed like to me.

Exactly. I'm sure that if it wasn't for the show, Luann wouldn't have bothered with the Sad Party for the Second-Stringers or whatever. I got the feeling that Sonja's "dilemma" over Frenchie wouldn't have been an issue without the show, either.

As for Carole, I was surprised at her attitude in Chinatown, too. She doesn't need to be a foodie, but come on; even TGIFRIDAYS has a version of dim sum. 

Oh, and I definitely wanted to be a fly on the wall for the post-Ramona dinner discussion that you KNOW Avery's friends probably had behind her back.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

When I lived in NY, going out for dim sum was the type of thing we'd take visiting tourist relatives to do, so I was surprised to see Carole acting like it was so novel and cutting-edge. It would really surprise me if she's actually never been before. 

 

That said, I'm with her on the lavender ice cream. To me, lavender is a scent, not a flavor. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

41 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Exactly. I'm sure that if it wasn't for the show, Luann wouldn't have bothered with the Sad Party for the Second-Stringers or whatever. I got the feeling that Sonja's "dilemma" over Frenchie wouldn't have been an issue without the show, either.

As for Carole, I was surprised at her attitude in Chinatown, too. She doesn't need to be a foodie, but come on; even TGIFRIDAYS has a version of dim sum. 

Oh, and I definitely wanted to be a fly on the wall for the post-Ramona dinner discussion that you KNOW Avery's friends probably had behind her back.

You are so right. The conversation that Avery and her friends had would have been a good one to see.  Avery. Poor girl. Hard enough to get through teenage years, college years without having to deal with a reality tv show Mom. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, beesknees said:
  • I'm going to get roasted for this but what was up with Avery's face tonight?  I'm talking about the area between her eyes.

She looked like a cross between someone with a Frankenstein forehead and fetal alcohol syndrome.  I couldn't stop staring to the point that I was missing the dialogue.

I don't remember Avery's face looking so odd and puffy like that.  My friend immediately said botox injections that have not settled down yet (she gets them regularly).  At 22 yrs old?  I say no but the look (whatever it is) is unnatural.

Unfortunately, I don't think Avery will ever be considered physically beautiful. She looks a lot like Mario.  On a guy, those features look pretty good. On a woman, not so much.

Fortunately, she has a beautiful personality, so for me she is beautiful. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Carol is just not a foodie. Food doesn't seem to interest her.  She's one of those people who are naturally thin, who eat what is easy and close by.  Wasn't the name of the book she's collaborating with Adam, ' The Reluctant Vagan' ?  Food is just not her thing.  There is no problem.

I'm one of those people.  I'm 5'10" and a size 4.  I eat because I have to.  I enjoy a good steak but I do not have adventurous tastes at all.  When I was in India, I lived for McDonalds because I hated Indian food in the US and found it worse in India. I live in the Middle East now and rarely eat Arabic food. I like some of the barbecue and some of the breads but that is it about it. I do not understand the olives 5 million different ways.  

3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

For me it's less about what food she does and doesn't like, and more about the attitude. I don't care what anyone eats (and if she just serves her guests pizza or Trader Joe's appetizers, what's it to me? I often do the same) but she just seems to not be as open minded about as many things as she portrays herself to be. Food is just emblematic of that. As I said, MMV on that.

Enh, see my above reply.  I'm not an adventurous eater but I am very open-minded about just about everything else. I don't think you can really correlate food opinions to whether or not a person is open-minded. 

14 minutes ago, Ellee said:

You are so right. The conversation that Avery and her friends had would have been a good one to see.  Avery. Poor girl. Hard enough to get through teenage years, college years without having to deal with a reality tv show Mom. 

I would have loved to have seen that and even better, Ramona's reactions to it!  She always acts like Avery's friends are her friends and they love to spend time with her. I would have loved to have seen her reaction to hear a bunch of 20 year olds diss her. 

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

But she doesn't seem all that interested in food to begin with, so why should she be interested in venturing?

No joke, I was 25 or so when I had PF Chang's for the first time.  I had Mongolian Beef because it was the thing that sounded closest to normal.  I will now eat at PF Chang's regularly (I have yet to try a different Chinese place) and have only ordered Mongolian Beef for the last 11 years. I'm not an adventurous eater (dude, I'm probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet) so I just stay to what I know I like. I will try something that sounds like something I like (example: I like barbecue and grilled meats so I tried arabic barbecue when we first moved to the Middle East) but I won't sit there and decide to see what lamb fattoush is like.  Nope.  No thanks. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 but she just seems to not be as open minded about as many things as she portrays herself to be. Food is just emblematic of that. As I said, MMV on that.

If she wasn't open minded, she wouldn't have joined Bethenny for lunch to begin with...

Quote

Her friend who hangs out with her even when not filming expressed surprise so it's no wonder that some viewers would as well.

I guess MMV for real, because I'm still not sure why either see it as a huge deal...

Quote

Apparently Carole failed to realize Bethenny has had two very short term marriages and at least two broken engagements.

Carole didn't say those were her own beliefs and that she endorsed them...and neither did Bethenny.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

The post-wedding party was odd, IMO.  They had  a room with a few decorative tables with a few vases of flowers, no other decorations, and no food or hors d'oeuvres.   I kept waiting for them to be ushered into another room in order to have dinner.  Maybe that's what a cocktail party looks like though.  I've never been to one, and if that's what it entails - standing around in an empty room shooting the shit and hurling insults about the guests of honor for an hour, well, I haven't missed a thing!

I did notice Carson Kressley in the background of the party.  I was trying to see if there were any other "filler" guests in the room.  I love the guy, but I couldn't figure out why he was there.  I'm positive it was him. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, escapetoreality said:

LuAnn's gloating over her catch was so unseemly.  It wasn't just her thrill at finding "true love" and a playmate, but the putdown of other women with the repeated shrieks that she got him, that he was so eligible, etc.  The most grating comment was that she feels like Cinderella at the ball with there being so many women competing and HER getting the glass slipper. Ouch. Love is not a zero-sum game, people! 

Yeah, I'm over this storyline.  I'm happy for her, but damn, can the show move on to something more interesting?

The personalized ornaments that Bethenny had of the women were a great idea.  I thought all of the ladies looked quite lovely in their Christmas attire.  I love the holidays, so seeing some Christmas cheer in the middle of June was a nice little treat!  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I listed a few situations where I thought it was perfectly normal to have a second party.  What LuAnn did however seemed very rude.  The people not invited clearly knew it was because LuAnn didn't like them that much and didn't want them at the original wedding.  

It's called her JOB.

6 hours ago, swankie said:

The fact that he wasn't even wearing his wedding ring at their party for the women not invited to the wedding spoke volumes to me.  I have a feeling he won't be wearing it a lot.  smdh

My brother doesn't wear a wedding ring.  He hates jewelry.  He loves his wife.

I'm completely bored with the dissection of Lu's marriage.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

My Dorinda love grows with every episode. She is who she is. No rental dates, no phony storylines (at least, nothing obviously so), and straightforward. Plus funny. She's now a fave across the franchises.

SAME. HERE. I loved her with the tissue paper in the back of the car, putting gifts together last minute. She's such a hoot. 

 

5 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Hardly a Carole fan here, but I will defend her right to not be adventurous when it comes to food.  I thought Bethenny was showing off & putting Carole down, which I didn't care for.

I agree that not everyone needs to be adventurous. I'm kind of a picky eater. But it was her attitude about it. She was making faces and noises right in front of the ice cream shop employees. I just found that rude. I recently went to Ireland and, while the country isn't considered super exotic food-wise, I did find myself trying things I normally wouldn't. Not a big fish fan, but it's fairly prevalent there. So I had some. My B&Bs served a full breakfast and I tried the blood pudding (which actually wasn't that bad) and the warm tomatoes (which disgusted me entirely). I drank a lot of tea, which I am typically not a fan of. I never once gagged or grimaced or commented on the food, other than to compliment it. It's just about manners, not taste. 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, beesknees said:

Carole grates.  How in the hell did she not get into the dim sum!?  I mean, if not just for the sake of bite-sized, portion control!  Jules Weinstein would approve.  Dim sum is the best way to try new things if one is not adventurous.

Plain chocolate at an asian ice cream store?  Now that's a fucking sin.  I still dream about the asian-run ice cream shop (Sunset /Outer Sunset District in San Francisco) that had about 30 different flavors of exotic and fun ice cream flavors - green tea, tarot root, etc.  Couldn't make up your mind?  Then spin the wheel!  I floved that place.  Forgot the name.

The fact that Carole lives with a chef makes me think even more that Adam's just with her for exposure/TV time/career advancement and not that much into Carole as they both would like us to think.  JMHO.  Sexy salad indeed.

I don't like dim sum....I guess I am a bore.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, izabella said:

She was such a pill during that entire visit to Chinatown!  Not interested in dim sum, didn't like the plain chocolate ice cream she ordered, what was her problem? 

I don't know why, but I think that she had recently broken up with her son/boyfriend. She seemed very sad and not enjoying anything. She didn't seem really 'there', and like she was trying to keep it together. Pity she chose not to reveal anything deep on camera. It would have gotten her some sympathy and humanized her more. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, beesknees said:
  • I'm going to get roasted for this but what was up with Avery's face tonight?  I'm talking about the area between her eyes.

She looked like a cross between someone with a Frankenstein forehead and fetal alcohol syndrome.  I couldn't stop staring to the point that I was missing the dialogue.

I don't remember Avery's face looking so odd and puffy like that.  My friend immediately said botox injections that have not settled down yet (she gets them regularly).  At 22 yrs old?  I say no but the look (whatever it is) is unnatural.

I thought Avery looked different too, but I wasn't sure how. Her face just seemed "off" to me. That aside, she is a very lovely lady. She was polite to LuAnn at the party - "the pictures were lovely", and her mother had to follow HER lead. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

He looks a little like Cedric (early BH) and sounds like him as well! LOL

I bet Sonja will never be able to get him out of her house. He's gonna become a squatter, and when she finally gets him thrown out legally, he'll sell a tell-all to the rags. And reality tea. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size