Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Carole and Adam are still together. Carole knows that she can't live with another man, and that's great self-awareness to have. She said that she and Adam had been living together for six months at that point, and she was ready for him to have his own space. That doesn't mean that she's expecting a break up at that moment. She's also aware that Adam does (or may?) want children. I feel like most guys who live in big metropolises don't start seriously thinking about kids 'til they hit 34/35 or thereabout, so who knows? Adam and Carole could be together for another three or four years. He doesn't seem unhappy with her. 

Besides, people were calling time of death on their relationship back in 2014 and they're almost at the three year mark now. 

I have to admit that I was very skeptical of Carole and Adam's relationship. I thought Adam was just after fame and exposure but you are absolutely right. They have been together for about three years now, he is nowhere near a fame whore as John, Harry Dublin or even Tom.  He has done some appearances but he is not as thirsty as the others.  They don't talk about marriage so Carole's fortune is not compromise in any way. 

I still don't get their relationship and as you have said they have no kids together so they can have a clean up break and move on but yet he is still there so more power to both of them, enjoy it for s long as it lasts. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, AnnaL said:

I have to admit that I was very skeptical of Carole and Adam's relationship. I thought Adam was just after fame and exposure but you are absolutely right. They have been together for about three years now, he is nowhere near a fame whore as John, Harry Dublin or even Tom.  He has done some appearances but he is not as thirsty as the others.  They don't talk about marriage so Carole's fortune is not compromise in any way. 

I still don't get their relationship and as you have said they have no kids together so they can have a clean up break and move on but yet he is still there so more power to both of them, enjoy it for s long as it lasts. 

They enjoy the sex He gets the milk for free, no ties, and hopefully she gets what she wants. He loves to travel, no need to check in with her, even via Skype! 

• Love 1
(edited)

These harpies just can't let Luann's marriage GO.

First Tom is the biggest cad on the UES. So many women are after him that he'll never be faithful to Lu! She's blind!

Then, Tom was simply a male golddigger looking for Lu's bucks. He didn't have nearly as much as he claimed and he's using her.

Next, Lu clearly just wanted a penthouse apartment and a condo in Palm Beach. She's turning a blind eye to better her lifestyle.

When none of that worked, Tom became even worse - he forces himself on women. Shoves his tongue down their throats, groping without consent, etc. How could Lu marry such an awful person?!

Now, Tom's gay and Lu is a beard.

Enough. No clear line can be drawn between any of these stories. They're all desperate to trash Lu for a story, or because she's using this as her storyline, or whatever. But I'm over it. Leave the guy alone. Whatever he is, and whatever their marriage is or is not, is their business. If you don't like it, here's a tip - ignore it. Decline the invitations. Showing up to kiss them and then snark behind their backs about a million different things just makes you look petty and mean-spirited. 

Say what you want, Lu made a stunning bride. I'm happy she finally got herself a big wedding. That second dress with the deep back was pure glamour. I loved her hair for the ceremony. Dorinda looked really great in her bridesmaid dress too. 

Noel and Victoria seem like lovely kids. Good on Lu for that.

Ramona is such a whacko running around with Avery's friends. But let's be real - you know they were all dying to get on TV and that's why they did it. Laugh at Ro all you want but those girls were using her to put their faces on camera. Avery seems like a wonderful young woman who wouldn't dream of imitating her mother's worst traits. Ro must have taught her "Do as I say not as I do."

Carole looked great at Beth's Christmas party. I love shiny gold dresses. I have to admit, I'd drink from the booze luge.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 18
(edited)

I'm putting this link here as the 5 highlight clips -- Lu and Jill on WWHL -- feature a good amount of Lu wedding-related commentary. Lu amusingly claims Sonja bizarre behavior re Tinz is because (paraphrase): "She's being protective what with Tinz being young and in the city." LOL, da hell?

Also -- and I never thought I'd say this -- Jill is back to being the engaging Jill of S1 and 2. And she looks great.  I loathed Jill by S4 but she knows how to work a room (and a question):

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/episode-101/videos/what-would-jill-zarin-say-to

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, F. M. said:

Beth's party looked like a skinny girl placement party, using party loosely. LOL

I'd be too terrified to go to a party of hers.  I couldn't get comfortable -- uh, ever.  I figure she would eventually screech & shriek at me that I was a slut or a ho.  I don't need that shit.  And I don't wanna drink Skinny Girl crud & I don't eat party seafood cuz I don't trust how long it's been laying around.  So I'd go thirsty & hungry.  Meh, no thanks.

Anyway, Bethenny just scares me.  Yeah, she's calmer this season.  And yet the woman is still way too intense & yes, downright skeery.  Being in her presence would make me too tense & anxious.  Pass.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for the update.  By the way Carol acts..... I don't know.  So, I suppose we have Luann who has a terrible relationship, but appears ecstatically happy and Carol, who has a wonderful relationship, but, appears quite blase.  Go figure. lol  Maybe, some things are just as they appear. 

I see happy couples on social media all the time, proclaiming their love, posting pictures , you name it they have it. Then suddenly they are divorcing and it is over 

Other couples never post anything and yet they live fulfilling relationships.

I can bet that approaching the 3 year mark that Carole is happier with Adam than Luann will ever be with Tom in a couple of years. 

Carole doesn't have to follow Adam 95% of the time (isn't that what Luann said on WWHL? that she is with him 95% of the time? ) to be sure he doesn't cheat on her.  She doesn't have to be on pins and needles about Adam going to a hotel and having and affair. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Luann did make a stunning bride! Also, I was rewatching a bit of the Before They Were HW's and Luann said that she didn't win the beauty contest and neither did her friend, unfortunately. It was her use of the word unfortunately that made it clear that she was there for her friend and she didn't care about winning and would have loved for her friend to have. You could hear the pain in her voice when she she was talking about how Honeychild tried to throw a monkey wrench into her marriage to the count. Luann has her faults to be sure, but she does seem like a loyal friend. And I don't blame her for running off with the count. She pretty much said that the other guy was never going to marry her but the count put a ring on it after two weeks when he could have just jetted off into the sunset without her. I truly hope she and Tom are happy. I'm not sure he's a good guy but she says she knows what she's doing....

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny might  want to dial back overinflated Ramona  boobs jokes: 

Not to mention the gratuitous scene of her in only a giant push-up brar (TM jill zarin) at Dorinda's. So obvious what she was up to. 

• Love 6
Just now, AnnaL said:

She doesn't have to be on pins and needles about Adam going to a hotel and having and affair. 

Especially since he has his own place now. 

IMO it's a showmance. I think they are just friends at this point and he likes the free publicity (and easy non committal sex) and she likes to pretend she's a young, desirable hot child in the city

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Do you think that L/T didn't want to have a post-wedding party and it was Bravo that did but Bravo kept the budget at a minimum?  Or L/T did want one and Bravo didn't want to pay for it and spent next to nothing on it.  Lol.

I suspect Andy and co were pissed that Bravo was shut out from filming Luanne's wedding. Hence, she was shafted and given those craptastic, decidedly unfabulous digs to host her NYC reception on Bravo's dime.

• Love 15

Bryan Moylan seems to have some serious issues with what is age appropriate.  http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/rhony-recap-season-9-episode-11.html I don't agree about the age of a bride, or who walks her down the aisle, but the comments about the entire list of parties is quite entertaining.

Like women approaching 50 speed dating being wrong serious issues, or Adam running off with a house-guest the same age as his aunt serious issues, or...?

Still, the review did give us "Luann de Lesseps D’Agostino Carrington Colby", which bwahahahahahaha!

I can bet that approaching the 3 year mark that Carole is happier with Adam than Luann will ever be with Tom in a couple of years. 

Carole doesn't have to follow Adam 95% of the time (isn't that what Luann said on WWHL? that she is with him 95% of the time? ) to be sure he doesn't cheat on her.  She doesn't have to be on pins and needles about Adam going to a hotel and having and affair. 

Maybe she and Adam already negotiated how many Tom-style hall passes he would get? lol

But yeah, they do seem happy and in love. We'll see if Luann and Tom make it to 3 years...

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I have to admit, in an otherwise boring episode, Sonja's fall to the floor made me laugh.  

When did that happen?  I missed it.  I wanna see! The one time Kim Richards made me laugh was in a TH when fell off her chair and onto the floor, imitating LVP's fainting on Dancing with the Stars. 

For some reason I get a kick out of seeing these Hos fall down.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Maybe she and Adam already negotiated how many Tom-style hall passes he would get? lol

The skype session was very telling about their relationship. Carole begs for attention and to be told she's pretty while Adam does whatever he wants, whenever and with whoever and he'll hang up on her if he's in the middle of doing it.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Pickles said:

Luann and Jill Zaria on WWHL. Jill's husband and daughter are in the audience. No sign of Tom! Lol. Yet, Luann says they do everything together. 

Every time Luann appears on Watch What Happens, Tom gets a hall pass. Also when she goes to the cleaners. And when she goes down the hall to throw out the trash. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, F. M. said:

They enjoy the sex He gets the milk for free, no ties, and hopefully she gets what she wants. He loves to travel, no need to check in with her, even via Skype! 

Why buy the milk when you can get the cow for free? ; )

• Love 1
11 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Carol is just not a foodie. Food is just not her thing.  There is no problem.

57 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

The argument that someone isn't adventurous because they are a picky eater is laughable.

53 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

the faces carole made - in the ICS -  reminded me of an idiot I worked with.

I think Carole is adventurous - or was at one time.  But she just acts so damn willfully ignorant sometimes.  Case in point:

"What's blueberry and lavender?"

"What do you think it is? It's blueberry with a hint of lavender."'

Carole:  "Lavender is a spray."  As she pumps an invisible atomizer in the air with her adorable widdle red-mittened hands.  Isn't she just the most precious 50 something you've ever seen?  Poor thing really believes the ice cream shop spritzes lavender air freshener on the chocolate?  Or is she trying to act precious.  I vote the latter.

I can't believe Bethenny "I don't suffer fools gladly" Frankel suffers this fool.

• Love 12

Carole:  "Lavender is a spray."  As she pumps an invisible atomizer in the air with her adorable widdle red-mittened hands.  Isn't she just the most precious 50 something you've ever seen?  Poor thing really believes the ice cream shop spritzes lavender air freshener on the chocolate?  Or is she trying to act precious.  I vote the latter.

Sounds like a legit reaction from a non-foodie.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ellee said:

WWHL-Jill-and-Luann.jpg?w=600

I'm slow on the uptake here...but the dress LuLu is wearing....isn't that the same one the B wore in one of her THs?  Just a different color.

Last night she said there was a last minute change and Luann is wearing Jill's dress. 

• Love 3

you notice there is no bar in the corner

Ya, so my bad.  This must be mid staging since some of the art is switched but the bar is still there.

So if you have a party and serve booze, what the hell do you think she's going to serve?  I thought that having a margarita luge and champagne was good.  That way people had a nice champagne but Beam a & Co would see the 3 foot tall SG luge.  Plus I personally would be disappointed if she didn't work every last corner of a room for her brand.  It's one of the most authentic things about her.  SHe works that promotion.

• Love 6
(edited)

Carole is simple and a wet blanket. I have no doubt that Bethenny has indicated (if not said outright) that she is boring.

I'd bet a lot of money that Bethenny's event was written off as a Skinnygirl business expense. It wasn't a real party. I'd rather do almost anything else than have to choke down SG crap from a luge. Dorinda hosting the ladies at her Berkshires home? Real. Bethenny and her tacky SG-themed event, complete with only SG booze-lite drinks and giftbags? Sponsored.

I don't think LuAnn likes any of these women besides Dorinda. I highly doubt she cares what they thought of her basement event, what alcohol was served, etc. She knew they'd show up to get their camera time anyway. She had legitimate reasons for not inviting them to her wedding.

I think Frenchie is a glorified intern, or maybe an actor that Sonja met during her theatrical work and convinced to do RHoNY so she'd have a story line. He looked panicked when LuAnn spoke in French, like he was afraid he'd have to converse and then be exposed.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Rahul said:

I suspect Andy and co were pissed that Bravo was shut out from filming Luanne's wedding. Hence, she was shafted and given those craptastic, decidedly unfabulous digs to host her NYC reception on Bravo's dime.

The venue was really bad.  Looked like a conference room at the Hampton Inn. Your explanation for why it was so flourescent and spartan is the only thing I can figure, too.

13 minutes ago, Ellee said:

WWHL-Jill-and-Luann.jpg?w=600

I'm slow on the uptake here...but the dress LuLu is wearing....isn't that the same one the B wore in one of her THs?  Just a different color.

Lu's has a boatneck and Beth's was crewneck. Also, Beth's cut out went in the other direction and there is another one by her waist.  Very similar, though.  Beth's is burgundy colored.

• Love 3

SHe works that promotion.

And Bravo is paying her while she does it, too.

Dorinda hosting the ladies at her Berkshires home? Real. Bethenny and her tacky SG-themed event, complete with only SG booze-lite drinks and giftbags? Sponsored.

Sponsored, and smart marketing too.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I would think office would be the tip off where he worked, but then again I am not use to people in the OR wearing robes-usually the ones I have been around they wear scrubs.

Well in all fairness Luann did hire her niece's boyfriend as a chef, who was skateboarding with her sixteen year old son.  Oh wait, he ran off with the houseguest Carole, who is Luann's age.

I actually worked in the parking booth,

They let me into the operating room because I didn't have the cover charge or money to go to a strip club.

The chance to see boobage and not have to worry about 'making it rain' was kinda enticing?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, BBHN said:

See, now, I'd almost buy that if she didn't live with a guy who made food like this for a living. 

Or if they hadn't built and marketed an indoor garden to grow fancy shit like lavender to use in recipes.

MG_5476.pear_.peach_.edible.flowers.sala

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I think LuAnn probabbly met Frenchy  when batchit crazy Kelly Bensimone was dating him. 

Edited to add...Luann may have also had a date or two with the guy also

It that the guy Kelly dated?  

• Love 1

Yeah, you don't have to be a foodie, a horticulturist, or have a degree in botany to know lavender is a friggin plant, not something that is concocted in a lab as a spray.  That's Carole being a twee idiot.  I generally don't have a problem with Carole and I usually am worn out by Bethenny, but that was one instance I wished Beth had unleashed a bunch of WTF?!?! on Carole. 

Frenchie seems like he has a career that Sonja likes to pretend she had, that is, managing and promoting restaurants.  And my god, people, he DISCOVERED Australian culture!  http://edgarvaudeville.com/?page_id=113

• Love 9
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Enough. No clear line can be drawn between any of these stories. They're all desperate to trash Lu for a story, or because she's using this as her storyline, or whatever. But I'm over it. Leave the guy alone. Whatever he is, and whatever their marriage is or is not, is their business. If you don't like it, here's a tip - ignore it. Decline the invitations. Showing up to kiss them and then snark behind their backs about a million different things just makes you look petty and mean-spirited. 

This.

Did anyone notice how desperately unpleasant the Bethenny/Carole scenes are every time they happen. The Chinatown visit is a case in point. They couldn't talk about the food or the culture or the experience of dining in an authentic Chinatown restaurant. The whole time they were there Carole had a face on like she had to take a dump. The only thing they do is make gay slurs against Tom and Luann and imply that she wears a strap on because he is gay. I know Satan Andy has no  self-respect but that is a little much even for a piece of garbage like him.

Finally who in their right mind would put their mouth on a Skinny Girl Louge machine after Sonja did it. Just think of all the tasty STD's you could pick up. Especially now that she is dating a guy who learned about being French by watching Corporal Lebec on Hogan's Heros on Nick at Nite. What a bunch of hooey.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Unless to her, lavender is just a garnish in salads at best...which it is to most people.

I suppose.

But if salad is all Carole thinks it's for in the culinary world, then her professional chook BFF Bethenny or her unreluctant vegan skater boi should ease her mind that the Asians aren't poisoning the chocolate with air freshener spray.  Because she pretended to truly believe that.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'm not a "foodie". I'm actually a kind of picky eater. I would not have needed to ask what lavender and blueberry was, nor would I refer to lavender as just a "spray". I know what lavender is; it's a flower. It can be used in food, for scents, as an essential oil, etc. I thought her entire behavior in the ice cream shop was ridiculous. I, personally, would not want to eat the lavender ice cream, but I would also not have acted so confused by the idea. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

When did that happen?  I missed it.  I wanna see! The one time Kim Richards made me laugh was in a TH when fell off her chair and onto the floor, imitating LVP's fainting on Dancing with the Stars. 

For some reason I get a kick out of seeing these Hos fall down.

When she was discussing with Tinsley the possibility of adopting a child.  It was in the early "bedroom must be rearranged" scene.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Carole is simple and a wet blanket. I have no doubt that Bethenny has indicated (if not said outright) that she is boring.

I'd bet a lot of money that Bethenny's event was written off as a Skinnygirl business expense. It wasn't a real party. I'd rather do almost anything else than have to choke down SG crap from a luge. Dorinda hosting the ladies at her Berkshires home? Real. Bethenny and her tacky SG-themed event, complete with only SG booze-lite drinks and giftbags? Sponsored.

I don't think LuAnn likes any of these women besides Dorinda. I highly doubt she cares what they thought of her basement event, what alcohol was served, etc. She knew they'd show up to get their camera time anyway. She had legitimate reasons for not inviting them to her wedding.

I think Frenchie is a glorified intern, or maybe an actor that Sonja met during her theatrical work and convinced to do RHoNY so she'd have a story line. He looked panicked when LuAnn spoke in French, like he was afraid he'd have to converse and then be exposed.

I actually saw a look of panick from Frenchie with Luann too, for a second i thought it was going to be an Oh theyve hooked up... I kinda still think that.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes, and as she noted on a Live feed from her Instagram account, her wedding will be half the episode. I suppose next season will be all about his cheating and the one after the divorce.

Luann really is Lie-Ann, the wedding clips started at the 24 minute mark and the Bethenny Carole lunch started at the 28 minute mark.

She got 4 minutes - Bwahahahaha

The wedding clips said Personal Footage...no mention of People Magazine.

Poor Luann - congratulations on your demotion

17 hours ago, Wendy said:

"Love is not safe, love is reckless"

OMG, I am LMAO.

Did this minister was trying to throw some shade to Tom? 

Please, someone, tell me that he is a secret viewer of the RHNY and knows about Tom reckless escapades. 

I think this signage should be up as the new jingle at the Regency.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AnnaL said:

I agree.

I think there's genuine caring on both of their parts.  And while sometimes i think Carole's face is frightening (from the fillers and botox), she can look very attractive to me at times.  Unconventional attractiveness. And being around someone who is famous is intoxicating.  She has had an interesting life, can be very funny,  so I get why he's with her.   I think she's the one who could do better.  I mean, he's certainly attractive but I just haven't really seen much of a personality on him.  

• Love 5

One thing that bugs me about Dorinda -- she was so pissed at Ramona for the house damage, but turned around and bitched about her duties in LuAnn's wedding to Ramona.  She's so two-faced.  

And for the love of God Dorinda, comb out the back of your hair...you have bed head.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What I noticed about the rentboy is how he looked at Lu when he met her.  It looked like they had maybe met before and he had a look in his eye that he wanted her big time.  I didn't see him look at Sonja that way.  

And, see - this is why some of women don't like Luann.  I think she naturally attracts guys - pheromones, vibe, whatever, and I don't know if she realizes it (well, she probably does).  She just exudes sex appeal very effortlessly.

If we, the viewers, are noticing this, you can be damn sure that the other ladies notice it too, and I bet it drives them crazy (especially Ramona and Sonja, who both seem to need to work at being flirtatious.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The post-wedding party was odd, IMO.  They had  a room with a few decorative tables with a few vases of flowers, no other decorations, and no food or hors d'oeuvres.   I kept waiting for them to be ushered into another room in order to have dinner.  Maybe that's what a cocktail party looks like though.  I've never been to one, and if that's what it entails - standing around in an empty room shooting the shit and hurling insults about the guests of honor for an hour, well, I haven't missed a thing!

I did notice Carson Kressley in the background of the party.  I was trying to see if there were any other "filler" guests in the room.  I love the guy, but I couldn't figure out why he was there.  I'm positive it was him. 

I noticed Carson Kressley too, but it looked like he didn't want to be on camera because his back was usually turned.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, AnnaL said:

OMG, YES!!!!!

It is coming!!!!

Dorinda's speech, please dear God let it be a drunken slurred speech. I love Dorinda when she is sloppy drunk.

BTW, was Tom choking Luann during that kiss? 

Yup - just practicing for an unfortunate autoerotic asphyxiation accidental death

How much is the life insurance policy he took out for Luann where she is the insured and he is the policy owner and beneficiary.

• Love 5
Just now, njbchlover said:

And, see - this is why some of women don't like Luann.  I think she naturally attracts guys - pheromones, vibe, whatever, and I don't know if she realizes it (well, she probably does).  She just exudes sex appeal very effortlessly.

If we, the viewers, are noticing this, you can be damn sure that the other ladies notice it too, and I bet it drives them crazy (especially Ramona and Sonja, who both seem to need to work at being flirtatious.

I may be off but what I think would be attractive is Lu doesn't really TRY to look hot/young/trendy.  She has a great figure and usually dresses it well (this season her clothes are not up to Lu normal standards).  Not super curvy and a bit athletic but legs for days.  Doesn't wear a ton of makeup and has very subtle work on her face if any.  She has a bawdy sense of humor and has a somewhat old fashioned way about her relationships and when she wants something she goes for it others be damned (plus she is down for a party).  There are also some women as you say exude sex appeal.  One thing I admire about her (stop the presses!) is her ability to just look ahead and not get mired in the past.  She is also a lot more forgiving than many.   She doesn't seem like much work like the others.  I cannot imagine what a headache Sonja or Ramona must be.  I like B but she would be challenging.

• Love 19