Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2017 at 9:42 PM, ryebread said:

And Bethenny just called Carole 'boring' to her face.  Do you think Carole now believes Ramona when Ramona told her that Beth called her boring?

*I* believed Ramona.  Most of us have said that about Carole over the seasons.  

So hearing Ramona, Bethenny and the others say it (people who actually spend time with her boring azz) - was absolutely no surprise to me at all.  And utterly believable.

She called her boring when she ordered chocolate ice cream. My life story. I eat everything plain, no sauces or condiments, and I would have ordered the chocolate also. I've heard the comment BORING! many many times when I've ordered food. i don't take it personally and I doubt Carole does either. 

• Love 9

I like Luann but she needs to put her foot down with these ladies. The fact they say rude shit about her and Tom seconds away from her, minutes after they got married is so disrespectful and rude, that I would not blame her for telling them to all leave and never come back ever. She's too nice. The ladies know she will never go all out on them and she will always maintain decorum and they are exploiting that.

Tom is not gay. Carole and Bethenny are gay. Projection.

Dorinda wins the best effortful effortlessly clueless award. By feigning ignorance, she stays off the radar. And she isn't dating young guys and trying to be the hot one so people are off her back. She's smart. And I think she is beautiful.

Sonja's frenchie is so non jealous worthy no one even mentions it. The only thing mentioned, by Sonja, is that Tinsley's date is too young.

Frenchie does not like Sonja touching him. He just wants to get the ladies drinks. He's shopping-- or selling. Not sure. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, lilsadone said:

I like the French guy. He was cute. Not too young (39) and seems to be the only person who can tell Sonja a thing or two about her house and seems to be getting it in order *GASP* 

Of course he looked shocked at Luanne when she spoke French - everyone who speaks it says her accent is horrible and her french is really bad. :D 

I think Luanne's family is French-Canadian so the accent is completely different. He should have understood her though, it would be like listening to someone speak English from the Deep South.  Same language, different accent  

i thought the French guy tried too hard. Did he ever actually speak French?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I think Luanne's family is French-Canadian so the accent is completely different. He should have understood her though, it would be like listening to someone speak English from the Deep South.  Same language, different accent  

I didn't say he didn't understand - I said he looked shocked. 

My experience with many French (specifically Parisians) - even ones I am dear friends with -  they give this look of being appalled or shocked when someone tries to speak French and doesn't speak to their standards.  Parisians specifically can be very snooty and even act like they don't understand you just so they don't have to speak to you.  I hear this attitude isn't the same in other parts of France tho - it's unique to Paris egos ?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Yeah, you don't have to be a foodie, a horticulturist, or have a degree in botany to know lavender is a friggin plant, not something that is concocted in a lab as a spray.  That's Carole being a twee idiot.  I generally don't have a problem with Carole and I usually am worn out by Bethenny, but that was one instance I wished Beth had unleashed a bunch of WTF?!?! on Carole. 

Frenchie seems like he has a career that Sonja likes to pretend she had, that is, managing and promoting restaurants.  And my god, people, he DISCOVERED Australian culture!  http://edgarvaudeville.com/?page_id=113

I think he looks so much cuter in the picture of him in this article, than on the show!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mittsigirl said:

I think he looks so much cuter in the picture of him in this article, than on the show!

Ummmmm, what has he been doing for the last 4 years? His resume ends in 2013! LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

I wish these dummies would sit down and think through all of Tom rumors to figure out that some, probably most of them are pure baloney. Tom is

• Gay and closeted
  • An unrepentant cheater
  • A scammer who only goes after women with money
  • A chickenhawk who goes after 20 year old girls

One maybe two of those allegations might be true, but certainly not all of them.

21 minutes ago, Lemons said:

The French-Canadian accent is different from a French accent, but LuAnn's accent is plain old bad American French class.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

This.  I was never a fan of Dorinda.  But started to warm up to her the past couple episodes. Even last night, she was last minute gift wrapping in the car, learning how to pop an oyster - what's not to like, right? 

Then Ramona came to lunch and Dorinda says in a TH that maybe there was something psychological about her not booking a flight to the wedding.  Whining about her MOH duties.  Annnnnnd......the bitch was back.

My thoughts exactly.  She's a Jekyll and Hyde.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

I think this exactly right. The ones who protest the loudest about racism are the ones who never interact with people that don't look like them. She treated the happy go lucky girl in the ice cream parlor with curl lipped contempt. 

Everybody that I know that lives in New York has been to Chinatown for dinner and knows what Dim Sum is for crying out loud. That includes 90 year old Italian grandmothers who never go off the block. 

Carole is just the worst.

Bring back Jill. Or Jules. Or Heather. Or Kristen. Or even the vagina bedazzler girl. Anybody but this horror.

But Carole is an expert on racism and other cultures.

Don't you know she's an authority on American Indians?

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why was Dorinda (whom I love) wearing a house dress at Bethenny's party, everyone else was glammed up but Dorinda was dressed like June Cleaver at a PTA meeting.

I loved her dress!  She comes up with the most unique dresses and sweaters. I also loved Bethany's sweater when she was in Chinatown and Carole's outfit in her talking head. I wonder what they do with no longer wanted clothing?

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

No, no problem with not getting married, the problem is that Carole, Bethenny, Ramona and Sonja have put down Luann's/Tom's marriage and don't think it will last, and they, Bethenny/Carole, do it constantly! They are the ones putting marriage/commitment down yet their own track records are awful, be it as single or married women.

Well, to be honest, my husband and I got engaged within months and were married less than a year later. Our marriage is still going strong/passionate 39 years +  later. We quickly knew that the other was the one and didn't feel the need to wait and no, we were not pregnant. LOL As for Carole/Adam, I suspect they have the same type of relationship that Carole/Russell had, an open relationship, which is fine because that is what works for them but she (and the rest of the HWs) needs to let Luann/Tom have what ever works for them without judgement as well.

Same here, met and married within 6 months, I was 20, he was 31, had 3 daughters, been together for 37 years now, happy and committed! 

Also was not pregnant!

Edited by mittsigirl
Was not pregnant!
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, BBHN said:

Sounds like a legit reaction from a non-foodie.

Yep!

10 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Ya, so my bad.  This must be mid staging since some of the art is switched but the bar is still there.

So if you have a party and serve booze, what the hell do you think she's going to serve?  I thought that having a margarita luge and champagne was good.  That way people had a nice champagne but Beam a & Co would see the 3 foot tall SG luge.  Plus I personally would be disappointed if she didn't work every last corner of a room for her brand.  It's one of the most authentic things about her.  SHe works that promotion.

Exactly!  Bethenny has worked hard to get to where she is and a huge part of that has been her constant promotion of SG on the show. That is free advertising for her company. 

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But it wasn't a typical, "We love each other and want to take the next step" move in. It was, "I have to be out of my old place, but don't have a new one yet" move in. It was supposed to be temporary from the jump. I don't have an issue with it. Dorinda has been with John, what? Five years? They don't live together. Carole may just be at a point in her life where she doesn't want to have THAT type of relationship anymore. If they're both honest with each other about what they want, I don't see the issue. 

Not every relationship has to end in marriage. Look at Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. They aren't married but have been together for like 25-30 years. For some people, marriage just isn't important. You can be in a loving, committed relationship without having that piece of paper. 

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Hahahahaha! I love this so much!! 

I find it so funny that by some, Luann is considered to be successful because she got a man to marry her. And Tom no less, who apparently was a confirmed bachelor until Lu came along. Maybe Tom was single because he couldn't get a woman to marry him? Didn't I read somewhere that he had two failed engagements? 

I also find it funny that some consider Tom and Lu to be in a committed relationship because they married. Lu herself pretty much said she wanted to get married again because she hates being alone. Any couple that gets engaged within 3 months or so of meeting is not committed, they are both desperate and insecure in their relationship. Marriage and commitment have nothing to do with one another. Many married couples are not the least bit committed to each other, and many non married couples are. 

Well, that's rude. I was engaged to my husband after 3 months of knowing each other.  When we met, we just knew that that was it. We joke that we never dated. We've just been together since the day we met. We've been married for 10 years so it obviously is working. We weren't desperate or insecure. We just knew that this was what we wanted and moved towards it. We didn't see the point in just dating if we knew we wanted to be married to each other.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, lunastartron said:
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

But Carole is an expert on racism and other cultures.

Don't you know she's an authority on American Indians?

Gasp -- don't you mean "Native Americans?" [\mild sarcasm]

47 minutes ago, Lemons said:

also loved Bethany's sweater when she was in Chinatown and Carole's outfit in her talking head. I wonder what they do with no longer wanted clothing?

IIRC Carole sells hers online--I may not RC, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

You know, I find myself surprisingly (to me) liking Bethenny when she talks about food.  Clearly, she's passionate & knowledgeable about food & that's great.  AND when she's talking about food, the bitterness & anger & nastiness in her definitely subsides.  Shockers!  She's actually relaxed & fun.  It's like she's a different person.  One I kinda like & might wanna hang with.  The prob with the Chinatown scene was that she took Carole along with her.  Bad choice.  And not just because as a pair of buds, their casually brutal meanness together is now predictable & so unpleasant to watch.  She needed to bring along someone who is interested in food & has an adventurous attitude about food.  Well, unless the point of that scene was merely to put down Lu & accuse Tom of being gay & their marriage of being fake.  Which they coulda done anywhere.  Ugh.

When Bethenny's talk show failed, I had thought all along this was merely the wrong venue for her.  The best part of her talk show -- well, actually, the only decent part of it, was when she did food segments.  They were often pretty good.  Instead of doing another yawn-inducing real estate show on Bravo, she really should do something related to food -- where, of course, she'd be barred from endlessly plugging Skinny Girl (cuz that would render ANY show she does unwatchable).  Even if it would be just her going around to different local joints (there are only a bazillion restaurants here), it could be kinda fun.  Are you or one of your minions reading here, Satan Andy?

I suspect a lot of New Yorkers are like me, in that even tho I'd love to get to Chinatown, it's just too hard to get to & I rarely go.  I know little about the great places to go in Chinatown.  So yeah, I'd have liked to see Bethenny going around to more places in Chinatown, but clearly not with a drip like Carole.  Feh!  I'm trying to think who in this cast woulda been a better choice.  Maybe Dorinda?  Not sure.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, druzy said:

West Palm Beach. There's a difference. 

Ew, West Palm Beach?  Why is Luanne always saying he has a place in Palm Beach?  Liar, they aren't even the same town. 

And 1.5 million for a "penthouse"?  That is a starter house for Manhattan.  Not impressed Tom, especially for a fifty year old bachelor who has has never supported a family. 

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 13
42 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Yep!

Exactly!  Bethenny has worked hard to get to where she is and a huge part of that has been her constant promotion of SG on the show. That is free advertising for her company. 

Not every relationship has to end in marriage. Look at Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. They aren't married but have been together for like 25-30 years. For some people, marriage just isn't important. You can be in a loving, committed relationship without having that piece of paper. 

Well, that's rude. I was engaged to my husband after 3 months of knowing each other.  When we met, we just knew that that was it. We joke that we never dated. We've just been together since the day we met. We've been married for 10 years so it obviously is working. We weren't desperate or insecure. We just knew that this was what we wanted and moved towards it. We didn't see the point in just dating if we knew we wanted to be married to each other.

Lol. Of course there are the real "love at first site" cases. I have two girlfriends who fall in to the "love at first site" scenario. One has been with her hubby for 40 years, the other 34 years. Neither were actively looking for a husband because they could not stand to be alone. Lu was, as I said in my post. I don't for a minute believe their case was love a first sight, and they committed to each other right away. I would imagine your hubby did not have his tongue down an ex girlfriend's throat shortly after you were engaged? 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I found it rude of her to make that comment on air.  It's not a contest.  People have different kinds of Christmas parties, and while some people may prefer one friend's party over the other one,  there's no need to try to one-up your friend.  FWIW, I'd prefer to spend time at Dorinda's house eating lopsided cake, and icing cookies rather than slurping from the luge like a pack of dogs.  YMMV.    As a hostess of holiday meals myself, I can appreciate all of the effort Dorinda put into decorating her home and making everything as comfortable as she could for her guests.   

I didn't think she was being rude. She was just saying that people have different kinds of parties.  Dorinda had the homey, chicken, etc.  Bethany had the city, seafood, etc. 

I don't think Bethany can make a simple statement without people taking it the wrong way. She wasn't claiming hers was better and I'm sure she would admit that dorinda puts a lot into her Berkshire parties. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I didn't think she was being rude. She was just saying that people have different kinds of parties.  Dorinda had the homey, chicken, etc.  Bethany had the city, seafood, etc. 

I don't think Bethany can make a simple statement without people taking it the wrong way. She wasn't claiming hers was better and I'm sure she would admit that dorinda puts a lot into her Berkshire parties. 

I'm pretty sure Bethenny actually said she had the better party. Of course, she didn't factor in that she has been the one to cause the issues at 2 of Dorinda's last Christmas parties and this season it was her, Ramona and Sonja that did it. LOL

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Ew, West Palm Beach?  Why is Luanne always saying he has a place in Palm Beach?  Liar, they aren't even the same town. 

And 1.5 million for a "penthouse"?  That is a starter house for Manhattan.  Not impressed Tom, especially for a fifty year old bachelor who has has never supported a family. 

I just started watching Million Dollar Listing NY again (missed the first couple of episodes) and was struck once again by how unimpressive Tom's penthouse actually is. I know they show some amazing places, but really I don't think even Luis who tended to show less impressive properties showed apartments as underwhelming as Tom's.  

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I find myself surprisingly (to me) liking Bethenny when she talks about food.  Clearly, she's passionate & knowledgeable about food & that's great.  AND when she's talking about food, the bitterness & anger & rage in her definitely subsides.  Shockers!  She's actually relaxed & fun.  It's like she's a different person.  One I kinda like & might wanna hang with.  The prob with the Chinatown scene was that she took Carole along with her.  Bad choice.  And not just because as a pair of buds, they bring out a level of meanness in each other that's pretty unpleasant to watch.  She needed to bring along someone who is interested in food & has an adventurous attitude about food.  Well, unless the point of that scene was merely to put down Lu & accuse Tom of being gay & their marriage of being fake.  Which they coulda done anywhere.  Ugh.

When Bethenny's talk show failed, I had thought all along this was merely the wrong venue for her.  The best part of her talk show -- well, actually, the only decent part of it, was when she did food segments.  They were often pretty good.  Instead of doing another yawn-inducing real estate show on Bravo, she really should do something related to food -- where, of course, she'd be barred from endlessly plugging Skinny Girl (cuz that would render ANY show she does unwatchable).  Even if it would be just her going around to different local joints (there are only a bazillion restaurants here), it could be kinda fun.  Are you or one of your minions reading here, Satan Andy?

I suspect a lot of New Yorkers are like me, in that even tho I'd love to get to Chinatown, it's just too hard to get to & I rarely go.  I know little about the great places to go in Chinatown.  So yeah, I'd have liked to see Bethenny going around to more places in Chinatown, but clearly not with a drip like Carole.  Feh!  I'm trying to think who in this cast woulda been a better choice.  Maybe Dorinda?  Not sure.

This is an insightful observation. Bethenny's grandparents had a kosher catering business in Queensand it has been reported that she grew up in her formative years in the back of restaurants with family. You know, the wolves. From the wolf den. The quote below is from press before housewives when she claimed her childhood and didn't try to scam everyone with her well crafted orphanesque story.  

"Growing up, Ms. Frankel said, ''I spent 99.5 percent of my evenings at a restaurant.'' Her father's family owned a kosher catering business as well as Knish Knosh, an old-school knish shop in Queens."

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8
On 6/15/2017 at 1:04 AM, F. M. said:

Really? We've been to a couple of them. Enjoyed every minute. Different strokes etc...shrug.

This is so interesting to me. Were the parties for folks who flat out told you they didn't want you at the wedding because it would be awkward, or they just didn't want you there because they thought you were not supportive or they didn't particularly like you?  For folks who had huge weddings with 250 people in attendance that were not you? And you enjoyed every minute of being with such people?

I've been to big receptions for folks who didn't want a big fancy wedding. They ran off somewhere with only close family, but wanted to have a big celebration when they got back for all the folks who they loved when they got back. They were lovely affairs. This was not that. This was a woman who couldn't get her nuptials filmed for the show, for whatever reason, told people she didn't want them in attendance on her day (her right to be sure), was paid by another outlet to film her big day, then came home and invited the very people she wanted to keep far away from her wedding to a party so that they could celebrate the very event she wanted to keep them far away from. Strange all around. And I don't believe Bravo told her she had to do anything. If all of the HW's across all of the franchises are telling the truth, Bravo doesn't make them have any specific event. They have the events they want and invite as many people from the cast as they can to up the possibility it will be filmed and make it to our TV's. That was what this was. 

• Love 13

Carole knows what dim sum is.  She has spent time in CAMBODIA when she was with ABC News AND WON AN EMMY AS A PRODUCER FOR A SEGMENT ON LAND MINES..  Not only does Cambodia have a similar concept to DIM SUM but there are actual Chinese dim sum restaurants in Phnom Penh ... 

And many Western journalists tend to stick to the Western restaurants in their hotels...

Sadly, it isn't.  It isn't at all.  Bigotry should never be considered "a bit much".  It was typical of too many Bravo shows & too easy to dismiss as nothing much  It was casually homophobic.  I guess maybe it's something that even Satan Andy pointed it out himself -- that B&C's reference to Tom being gay was a "gay slam", so even he would disagree with you, as I strongly & strenuously do.

Well, as a gay man myself, I don't consider Andy the authority on anything gay related. I don't see what Carole and Bethenny did as bigotry. Carole was just addressing rumors about Tom*, and her and Bethenny made a joke, which I found mildly amusing. As they say, mileage does vary...

*Considering how Carole seemed to be answering a question in her TH, it seems funny for Andy and Bravo to step on the High Horse of Righteous Indignation only after the episode aired.

I don't even know that I would lend credence to two gay men having the conversation unless they knew of a bon a fide one on one relationship with a man.

Those conversations do happen among us homos at times...

time for these two to be portrayed as they really are-LGBT bashers

What else have they said or done to deserve that title? I've experienced true LGBT bashes, and Bethenny and Carole aren't even on the same continent.

To pretend there isn't a racial tinge to the way she was acting in Chinatown is ridiculous!

To pretend there is a racial tinge could be just as ridiculous.

But what do I know?  I'm single - a fate worse than death. I will die with none of my accomplishments noted.  My tombstone will simply say - here lies a bitter, jealous spinster.  She couldn't get a man to marry her. 

Loooool!

I find it so funny that by some, Luann is considered to be successful because she got a man to marry her. And Tom no less, who apparently was a confirmed bachelor until Lu came along. Maybe Tom was single because he couldn't get a woman to marry him? Didn't I read somewhere that he had two failed engagements? 

I also find it funny that some consider Tom and Lu to be in a committed relationship because they married. Lu herself pretty much said she wanted to get married again because she hates being alone. Any couple that gets engaged within 3 months or so of meeting is not committed, they are both desperate and insecure in their relationship. Marriage and commitment have nothing to do with one another. Many married couples are not the least bit committed to each other, and many non married couples are. 

Exactly. Luann's marriage is what it is...she's happy with what it is, that's great. But it I don't see it as the great love story she is trying to sell it as.

Bethenny eating crackers?

• Love 15
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I like Luann but she needs to put her foot down with these ladies. The fact they say rude shit about her and Tom seconds away from her, minutes after they got married is so disrespectful and rude, that I would not blame her for telling them to all leave and never come back ever. She's too nice. The ladies know she will never go all out on them and she will always maintain decorum and they are exploiting that.

I would love to see that as well. It would be authentic, so she wouldn't do it. It would be fun to see, however. Beth and Carole for sure would run for the hills, and we would still see them standing on the sidewalk after being thrown out, cracking up about the lunacy that is Lu and her situation. And is there some idea that Lu didn't think they would be snarking on the total craziness of the event? This is a woman who didn't invite these very people to her wedding because she thought they would add drama and knew they didn't much care about her nuptials. Did she think they suddenly did care and would have no opinion about being invited to celebrate a wedding they were kept far away from? Lu is a lot of things, but she isn't stupid. She knew exactly the kind of snark she was setting herself up for, which is good at the end of the day because it keeps her whole storyline front and center. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Then why all the nasty (not you specifically) about Luann/Tom's relationship? If they are happy with whatever they have, why is anyone else questioning it and why is it anyone else's business? Just because they got married doesn't mean they are any more doomed than Dorinda/John or Carole/Adam or any other couple out there. IMO, the fact that the other 2 couples haven't taken it to the next level means they are in fact not that committed to their respective relationships. MMV

I think it is their business because Lu has made it the central part of her storyline, and hence their business and right to snark about.  Even after last season and the pics, she has brought Tom - along with all of the rumors of bad behavior - front and center. I also think it is about the fact that Carole and Dorinda don't necessarily try to sell us on their relationships. They are not trying to convince everyone that all is perfect. They are being real about it all. Dorinda and Carole aren't claiming they are committed in that way - being very honest that they have no idea what the future holds. Notice the way that Carole deals with the Adam thing. She is honest about what is going on in her life on the show and in her TH interviews. She isn't trying to fake anything. She loves Adam but doesn't want to live with Adam. It is part of her storyline. But she isn't making it a "thing". She shares her feelings wth her actual friend, Beth, but we don't see her lamenting her situation with everyone else. Were she to be talking about it with others all the time, it would be fair game. The others would get asked questions in their TH interviews about what they think of Carole's situation. They would have opinions, because they are all asked questions about what they witness and are involved in on the show. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lol. Of course there are the real "love at first site" cases. I have two girlfriends who fall in to the "love at first site" scenario. One has been with her hubby for 40 years, the other 34 years. Neither were actively looking for a husband because they could not stand to be alone. Lu was, as I said in my post. I don't for a minute believe their case was love a first sight, and they committed to each other right away. I would imagine your hubby did not have his tongue down an ex girlfriend's throat shortly after you were engaged? 

So, funny story...  My husband was engaged during college to his high school sweetheart. Background on that: My husband didn't particularly like her but his dad loved her and was supposed to be dying from cancer (that was 20 years ago and he's still kicking) so my husband proposed to make his dad happy. He came home from college during Thanksgiving break, made a date with his high school crush (different girl), and broke up the engagement in the parking lot of the church before premarital counseling.  LOL. I met him around 5 years after that and I called him a dog. 

Anyways, what you had written was "anyone who got engaged after 3 months" which was why I responded the way I did. I just have issues with absolute statements. One of my many flaws. 

46 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it is their business because Lu has made it the central part of her storyline, and hence their business and right to snark about.  Even after last season and the pics, she has brought Tom - along with all of the rumors of bad behavior - front and center. I also think it is about the fact that Carole and Dorinda don't necessarily try to sell us on their relationships. They are not trying to convince everyone that all is perfect. They are being real about it all. Dorinda and Carole aren't claiming they are committed in that way - being very honest that they have no idea what the future holds. Notice the way that Carole deals with the Adam thing. She is honest about what is going on in her life on the show and in her TH interviews. She isn't trying to fake anything. She loves Adam but doesn't want to live with Adam. It is part of her storyline. But she isn't making it a "thing". She shares her feelings wth her actual friend, Beth, but we don't see her lamenting her situation with everyone else. Were she to be talking about it with others all the time, it would be fair game. The others would get asked questions in their TH interviews about what they think of Carole's situation. They would have opinions, because they are all asked questions about what they witness and are involved in on the show. 

I think people forget that the women are replying to producers asking questions. So, if someone starts talking about Tom cheating then they are more than likely replying to a producer's question. They don't just sit down in front of the camera and then start yammering on about whatever comes to mind. The producers are going to ask about what you put out there. You notice that the ladies are rarely discussing John this season because Dorinda hasn't made him part of her storyline or involved him. Lu's whole storyline is still Tom so of course the ladies are going to talk about it in their THs. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I think people forget that the women are replying to producers asking questions. So, if someone starts talking about Tom cheating then they are more than likely replying to a producer's question. They don't just sit down in front of the camera and then start yammering on about whatever comes to mind. The producers are going to ask about what you put out there. You notice that the ladies are rarely discussing John this season because Dorinda hasn't made him part of her storyline or involved him. Lu's whole storyline is still Tom so of course the ladies are going to talk about it in their THs. 

Yea, Tamra Judge interviewed once that they come at you with a notebook full of questions. I think she said there are  hundreds. They spend an entire day several times during the season doing their interviews and they are asked about everything that has happened at that point in filming. "What did you think of the room the party was held in when you first entered"?  Or "what did you think of what HW "a" was wearing"?  If you forget they are responding to someone, it sounds different vs. remembering they are responding to a question.  If I say out of the blue that I didn't like the food my friend served at her dinner party last night it sounds kind of bitchy and gossipy. If my husband asked me what I thought and I responded that I really didn't like it, it comes across differently. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Lemons said:

He did say baguette. lol

• Love 12
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think LuAnn has near enough money for Tom to want to Sunny von Bulow her.

If you take multiple life insurance policies on another person - the money could rack up.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This is so interesting to me. Were the parties for folks who flat out told you they didn't want you at the wedding because it would be awkward, or they just didn't want you there because they thought you were not supportive or they didn't particularly like you?  For folks who had huge weddings with 250 people in attendance that were not you? And you enjoyed every minute of being with such people?

I've been to big receptions for folks who didn't want a big fancy wedding. They ran off somewhere with only close family, but wanted to have a big celebration when they got back for all the folks who they loved when they got back. They were lovely affairs. This was not that. This was a woman who couldn't get her nuptials filmed for the show, for whatever reason, told people she didn't want them in attendance on her day (her right to be sure), was paid by another outlet to film her big day, then came home and invited the very people she wanted to keep far away from her wedding to a party so that they could celebrate the very event she wanted to keep them far away from. Strange all around. And I don't believe Bravo told her she had to do anything. If all of the HW's across all of the franchises are telling the truth, Bravo doesn't make them have any specific event. They have the events they want and invite as many people from the cast as they can to up the possibility it will be filmed and make it to our TV's. That was what this was. 

They each had their reasons, which would take too long to go into.A poster up thread said she did the same, it happens. I still think Bravo put on that party, it was as sparse as Beth's funny little do. Oh well.No biggie.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why'd they have those cigarette girls from the 20s at their wedding?

No clue - those outfits look like a casino drink servers uniform. Luann also had a Mariachi band and some woman dressed as Marilyn Monroe pop out of a cake.

This might be Luann's version of Continuity and Class With an exCountess

• Love 10
8 hours ago, lilsadone said:

I didn't say he didn't understand - I said he looked shocked. 

My experience with many French (specifically Parisians) - even ones I am dear friends with -  they give this look of being appalled or shocked when someone tries to speak French and doesn't speak to their standards.  Parisians specifically can be very snooty and even act like they don't understand you just so they don't have to speak to you.  I hear this attitude isn't the same in other parts of France tho - it's unique to Paris egos ?

I found it to be the opposite. Outside of Paris they didn't like to hear an American  order a simple du cafe creme.  Quite rude, and like you stated, act like they don't understand.

• Love 4

Whenever I see a photo of Lu with Tom, it reminds me of the dynamic captured in a selfie that a fan will post of herself with a favorite celebrity. The fan looks giddy and thrilled, and the celebrity looks like he just wants to look good in the photo.

• Love 16

Then why all the nasty (not you specifically) about Luann/Tom's relationship? If they are happy with whatever they have, why is anyone else questioning it and why is it anyone else's business? Just because they got married doesn't mean they are any more doomed than Dorinda/John or Carole/Adam or any other couple out there. IMO, the fact that the other 2 couples haven't taken it to the next level means they are in fact not that committed to their respective relationships. MMV

I think you either like Lu, or you don't. I really like her, warts and all. OTOH, I cannot stomach Bethenny, looks like Dennis couldn't either.:)  Each to their own. ( shrug):

6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I'm pretty sure Bethenny actually said she had the better party. Of course, she didn't factor in that she has been the one to cause the issues at 2 of Dorinda's last Christmas parties and this season it was her, Ramona and Sonja that did it. LOL

Bethenny had a product placement party, I'll take Dorinda' s do anytime!   lol

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Lemons said:

All I heard was bicycle, baguette, Paris.

He might have said Chic C'est La Vie, C'est Bon, C'est Bon.

• Love 12

She called her boring when she ordered chocolate ice cream. My life story. I eat everything plain, no sauces or condiments, and I would have ordered the chocolate also. I've heard the comment BORING! many many times when I've ordered food. i don't take it personally and I doubt Carole does either. 

But the face she made, nothing she tried tasted that bad! zzzzz

• Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No, Luann made dating/falling in love//getting engaged to him part of her storyline, the rest of the garbage is on Bethenny, Carole, Ramona and Sonja. Luann could have kept going in on Carole/Adam but she let them live their relationship and she did the same with Dorinda/John (both who support her/Tom). And Luann has allowed Bethenny to deal with her divorce problems her way without using it as fodder for her storyline. That is the difference, Luann doesn't use the other HWs or their lives/relationships as fodder for her storyline the way Bethenny, Carole, Ramona and Sonja have used hers for their storyline.

1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

They talk about Tom/Luann far more than in just their THs, they can't seem to stop talking about them pretty much every time 2 or more are in a room with each other.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

What I hate about the gift bags are that they are just a bunch of cheap snacks and drinks. I don't really want a huge gift bag of stuff that I see on the regular on the clearance shelf at Big Lots. Big whoop.

*now* they are definitely like that. 

I think B was different back when she left out the bags at Scary Island.  She didn't seem so All About the Brand.  It was at the beginning, so she probably was actually, but we got more "real life"  from her.  The bag that time looked like it had the margarita bottle (I drink that on my deck with my girlfriends, it's been awhile but I think we liked it) and some sunscreen & a beach towel.  when Kelly was freaking out that she was afraid of it (???) I was like, you can send it to me, I'll take it!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That's carpet alone what an awful awful room. Like a convention center in any generic city. That definitely was Carson ! Weird he didn't get a sound bite in.... the whole thing was very very staged and odd. 

What in The fresh HELL is with frenchies Shemp bowl haircut !?

It is Sonja's Special International Lifestyle Brand Do...she took a pair of rusty scissors and said Phucket, snip snip.

• Love 9

He might have said Chic C'est La Vie, C'est Bon, C'est Bon.

If he and Luann have already hooked up, as some here have speculated, I'm sure he and/or Luann might have thrown in a few "Oh La La"s...

She knew exactly the kind of snark she was setting herself up for, which is good at the end of the day because it keeps her whole storyline front and center. 

Yeah, the drama from the other women does make Luann's relationship front and center as a storyline. If the other women didn't chat about it, there wouldn't be much to see.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, Tamra Judge interviewed once that they come at you with a notebook full of questions. I think she said there are  hundreds. They spend an entire day several times during the season doing their interviews and they are asked about everything that has happened at that point in filming. "What did you think of the room the party was held in when you first entered"?  Or "what did you think of what HW "a" was wearing"?  If you forget they are responding to someone, it sounds different vs. remembering they are responding to a question.  If I say out of the blue that I didn't like the food my friend served at her dinner party last night it sounds kind of bitchy and gossipy. If my husband asked me what I thought and I responded that I really didn't like it, it comes across differently. 

Yes, of course THs are not to be trusted because we never hear any of the questions the producers asks but Bethenny, Carole, Ramona and Sonja (too a much lesser extent this season) have spent more time talking about Luann/Tom during each episode separate from their THs. I can't think of 1 get together involving 2 or more of them where Luann/Tom were not the subject of discussion at some point, not 1 and Ramona did it with "friends" we don't even know. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

I loved her dress!  She comes up with the most unique dresses and sweaters. I also loved Bethany's sweater when she was in Chinatown and Carole's outfit in her talking head. I wonder what they do with no longer wanted clothing?

I liked the dress too but for a lunch time thing it would be perfect,  (she rarely wears anything I don't like).  Yes, I liked Bethenny's sweater too, I know summer is here (finally) but I suddenly wanted it to be cold so I could wear that sweater, lol.   It would be nice to get their clothing cast offs but fat lotta luck it would do me, I do not think that size 8 would fit in to their 00's.  

My new drinking game...every time Luanne said either, "I'm getting married" or "I got married" I will do a shot of something Skinny Girl from my personal ice luge. 

24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It is Sonja's Special International Lifestyle Brand Do...she took a pair of rusty scissors and said Phucket, snip snip.

I wish I could click like twice, Phuket...bwahahaha!  Do we think Sonja packed her yacht jeans?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My new drinking game...every time Luanne said either, "I'm getting married" or "I got married" I will do a shot of something Skinny Girl from my personal ice luge. 

please do not do this, as you will die.

• Love 21
(edited)

I can't think of 1 get together involving 2 or more of them where Luann/Tom were not the subject of discussion at some point, not 1 and Ramona did it with "friends" we don't even know. LOL

There have been a few times here and there. At least.

Granted, all they seem to do is talk about their personal lives, the other HWs, what one HW did/said to another, etc.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, BBHN said:

To pretend there is a racial tinge could be just as ridiculous.

Except, I backed up my opinion with paragraphs of evidence, and you just disagreed without any at all.  

It's not "pretending" when I state my opinion and give evidence as to why I state it.  It's also not "ridiculous".

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9