Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Lemons said:

I think Luanne's family is French-Canadian so the accent is completely different. He should have understood her though, it would be like listening to someone speak English from the Deep South.  Same language, different accent  

i thought the French guy tried too hard. Did he ever actually speak French?

It's not so much the accent that's different than it is the actual dialects. Quebecois French is more rooted in history and therefore hasn't followed the same path of progression as some other French dialects. I've heard numerous times about those who in France who have the idea that Quebecois French isn't even 'real' French, whatever that means. Luann's case is just a whole lot of going wrong. Her dialect seems to be Quebecois French thought she isn't a strong speaker and on top of that, she speaks French with an American accent. There is no difference between how she pronounces her English words and French words so if she's going to talk to a French guy from France, that's a double whammy for him, lol.

While Bethenny and Carole still like to get their digs in about Luann and/or Tom to each other and during their THs, I actually do like that all three of them can be friendly with one another. I felt second hand embarrassment from watching Ramona hang out with her daughter's friends. Ramona tries too hard to be seen as young, vibrant and cool and it has the opposite affect for me. She just seems like a try-hard that's desperately holding on to the concept of youth. It's the same way that Sonja and even Tinsley love to throw in reminders about how their 'men' are much younger than them. Nothing wrong with the age difference but they talk about it as a source of price in a way as in 'look at me, I'm so hot at my age that I can land a hot young man'. They should take some tips from Carole and act like they've been there before.

Luann, it's great if you truly are in love and feel that you've found the man of your dreams but you sound like you're really trying to sell to the viewers that Tom is such a catch. I think most have already decided that he's not so you can just stop now, lol. She did look beautiful on her wedding day. Dorinda's experience at Luann's wedding seems to have been that anything that could have gone wrong for Dorinda, went wrong, lol.

• Love 6
(edited)

Except, I backed up my opinion with paragraphs of evidence, and you just disagreed without any at all.  

You wrote one paragraph that hardly offered anything conclusive, all of which would at best be classified under circumstantial...none of which proved and/or showed how there was a racial undertone to Carol's actions.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 10

I loved her dress!  She comes up with the most unique dresses and sweaters. I also loved Bethany's sweater when she was in Chinatown and Carole's outfit in her talking head. I wonder what they do with no longer wanted clothing?

I think Dorinda wears a lot of vintage fashions and would bet that the dress that she wore to Lu's party was that. Not sure it was the right dress for the event, but didn't hate it. I do wonder if Dorinda gets fashion items from John's business in some way. Doesn't he do cleaning of high end fashion and the like? Perhaps there are clothes that never get picked up? I could definitely see D. benefiting from that kind of largesse.

Someone else upthread mentioned how Dorinda went from trashing Ramona in one scene and then in the next was having lunch with her and making fun of the wedding prep. I think Dorinda is stealth back-stabber and shit-stirrer and so far hasn't had to own either of those things. And she's a major grudge-holder, she just doesn't let it control everything she does. She remembers everything. I guarantee she will be mentioning Ramona's damaging the Berkshires bedroom for seasons to come, all while also being polite to her face. When Dorinda saw Ramona at the party after the Berkshires (think it was the art showing for Carole's friend) and made mention of the damage done to her home and Ramona blew her off, the look on Dorinda's face was "I will cut a bitch" and I knew that she will never, ever, never forget this. She has a very long memory. And she will seed comments about the event into conversations for years.

I'm not sure if Lu has had a past hookup with Frenchie, but if she did, I bet she won't throw it in Sonja's face. Lu will throw digs like the rest of them, but she does not go out of her way to dwell on anyone else's misery/mistakes in order to have a storyline for herself. Last year when she was under attack by Bethenny and Ramona and Sonja she could have gone on the offensive about their failed relationships, Mario cheating on Ramona, Bethenny's disastrous marriage to Jason, Sonja with pretty much anyone, but she didn't. She stood her ground, and yes perhaps over-extolled the wonders of Tom, but didn't dive down into tearing their worlds apart. Heck, she hasn't even used her own failed marriage with the Count as fodder for storyline. I think Lu is the opposite of Dorinda and really does not hold a grudge.

The interesting thing is they both my favs of the cast. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, yea, this may be a "crackers" incident, because I didn't think it was odd at all. Sounded like she had a sitter for the night, but it was important for her to be the one to actually put Brynn to bed. 

Yeah, I also didn't think it was odd.  When my son was little and we would go hang out at a friends or the local watering hole for cocktails or dinner, if we were in Town and he was with a sitter (usually his older sister)  one of us would always go home real quick just to tuck him in.  I think it's a nice thing to do for your kids and I was happy when I heard Bethenny say that.

Bethenny gets on my nerves a lot but I enjoyed her this episode.  She reminded me of old school Bethenny when she was happier, smiled more, and was funny without being mean.  I cracked up when Carole asked at the ice cream place what blueberry/lavender was and Bethenny said..it's chocolate and vanilla, what do you think it is??!  Lol.

I told my hubby how Lu's husband grabbed her by the neck to kiss her and it looked terrible so I asked him to do it to me to see if he ever did do that if I would feel uncomfortable.  Sadly, I have no answer for you guys.  He kept doing it wrong like grabbing me by the neck and also the waist and pushing me against the couch.  TMI, I know but even though he didn't see that episode I'm betting it's his favorite housewife episode ever because of what I asked him to do after.  LOL!!  It was all in the name of research, I swear!

• Love 13

Ok, I invite people to my home.  One of them trashes the bedroom.  Actually causing damage to the house.  One of them goes through my closet and finds the loveliest silk lounge set that I own and packs themselves into it, busting at the seems.  One of them brings a lovely basket of products that they are responsible for developing, promoting and selling.  It has alcohol and K cups and candy.  I'm not see how Bethenny is the bad person here.  If she didn't bring a basket she would get reemed for being so cheap and self centered that she can't even cough up some her crap for the hostess.

So I personally would invite B back but not the toxic twins.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Sai said:

Yeah, I also didn't think it was odd.  When my son was little and we would go hang out at a friends or the local watering hole for cocktails or dinner, if we were in Town and he was with a sitter (usually his older sister)  one of us would always go home real quick just to tuck him in.  I think it's a nice thing to do for your kids and I was happy when I heard Bethenny say that.

Bethenny gets on my nerves a lot but I enjoyed her this episode.  She reminded me of old school Bethenny when she was happier, smiled more, and was funny without being mean.  I cracked up when Carole asked at the ice cream place what blueberry/lavender was and Bethenny said..it's chocolate and vanilla, what do you think it is??!  Lol.

I told my hubby how Lu's husband grabbed her by the neck to kiss her and it looked terrible so I asked him to do it to me to see if he ever did do that if I would feel uncomfortable.  Sadly, I have no answer for you guys.  He kept doing it wrong like grabbing me by the neck and also the waist and pushing me against the couch.  TMI, I know but even though he didn't see that episode I'm betting it's his favorite housewife episode ever because of what I asked him to do after.  LOL!!  It was all in the name of research, I swear!

If my husband grabbed me by the neck I would need a safe word.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lol!  I would also but I asked him to do it to see how I would react and like I said, I have no answer because he kept doing it wrong.  I guess that's a good thing, lol.

• Love 4

On rewatch, at the Ramona party that wasn't shown except for clips, what the hell was the dirt all over her left arm? If was disgusting. Also, on second watch Ramona is even more delusional about Avery's friends than on the first watch. So embarrassing.

• Love 1

Yep. Carole sure felt free to drip contempt all over a food tradition that goes back to the old Silk Road.

Asian cuisines are all different, but Carole spent some time in Thailand and Cambodia as a journalist - I'm sure she's seen plenty of unusual food, if not eaten it. Not everyone's an adventurous eater, but I would have thought she'd have been less fazed. I tend to view Carole as the worldliest of them all, given her career background. 

That "party for the uninvited/B-list" was too much. And LuAnn has reminded me of a woman who goes on The Bachelor and is determined to be the last woman standing - regardless of whether she even wants to marry Chris, Ben, Brad, or whomever. Less about the connection and more about the competition. Well, I guess the divorcees and single ladies of the UES are going to have to find a new man over 40 that they can all pass around. It still cracks me up that an octogenarian was "NYC's hottest bachelor" a few years ago, and he was linked to Kelly Bensimon. Inventory's low!

I'm less convinced that Frenchie is Sonja's actual lover, and more her storyline for the season. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Someone else upthread mentioned how Dorinda went from trashing Ramona in one scene and then in the next was having lunch with her and making fun of the wedding prep. I think Dorinda is stealth back-stabber and shit-stirrer and so far hasn't had to own either of those things. And she's a major grudge-holder, she just doesn't let it control everything she does. She remembers everything. I guarantee she will be mentioning Ramona's damaging the Berkshires bedroom for seasons to come, all while also being polite to her face. When Dorinda saw Ramona at the party after the Berkshires (think it was the art showing for Carole's friend) and made mention of the damage done to her home and Ramona blew her off, the look on Dorinda's face was "I will cut a bitch" and I knew that she will never, ever, never forget this. She has a very long memory. And she will seed comments about the event into conversations for years.

I agree with this about Dorinda, and like you, it doesn't make me dislike her. I think Dorinda has a lot of self respect and when her friends act like assholes it's going in the bank.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Sai said:

This is perhaps the greatest thing I have ever read over here. I am laughing my ass off. I am begging you - begging you - to make him watch it so he gets how he is supposed to be doing it. Then have him do it randomly and report back to us. And if I could ask a favor: could he do it in a group setting so you can also ascertain the reactions from those around you? I realize I am asking a lot, but I won't sleep until I know this is done and you give us the scoop as to how it feels. 

P.S. I do think it is a good thing that your hubby didn't know how to properly grab you by the throat. 

• Love 11

That's only 3 times this season when no one talked about Luann/Tom! LOL 

5 times, actually. That are on Youtube. I'm sure there are many more scenes of the women talking that didn't involve Luann being mentioned that aren't on Youtube.

Hopefully Luann has one...

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:34 PM, HunterHunted said:

I would happily exchange any of Avery's friends for Ramona. 

Is this what Ramona means when she says she blacked out?

Was this the guy who was standing next to Moaner at her charity party?

OmGGGGGGG.  Legit DEAD at the Prince Gerhardt comparison.  I was seriously like, omg, who the ever-loving-heck IS that pasty white guy???

And THEN I read this description of that guy from the Vulture recap and nearly convulsed from laughter:

But that does not mean there was not a great moment. There was! It is so brief you barely see it, but it happens when Tinsley shows up at the party to greet Ramona with another guest who can only properly be described as the Babadook dressed as a funeral director. He was the scariest, creepiest man that I have ever seen on camera, so much so that I had to rewind the scene three times to make sure I was watching The Real Housewives of New York City and not the video tape from The Ring. I asked my boyfriend, “Why did someone disinter the body of Alice Cooper and prop him up at a Housewives party? He’s not even dead!” I have so many questions. Who is this man and why did Tinsley bring Nosferatu to Ramona’s party? I need to know!

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, Martinigirl said:

Anyone else think Frenchy may not actually be French? Bicycle ride, baugette? 

OMG!!! Kelly Bensimone once dated that Frenchy guy!

I think she did

Are you talking about the guy who was her "fake boyfriend" in season 2?  That's not the same guy...  

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, Martinigirl said:

I guess Adam was too busy making sexy salads and moving into his new tent home to attend the party?

OK.  I like Adam (and don't even mind him and Carole together) but this made me almost spit out my coffee.  I could *totally* see Adam being perfectly happy living in a yurt. 

21 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'd be too terrified to go to a party of hers.  I couldn't get comfortable -- uh, ever.  I figure she would eventually screech & shriek at me that I was a slut or a ho.  I don't need that shit.  And I don't wanna drink Skinny Girl crud & I don't eat party seafood cuz I don't trust how long it's been laying around.  So I'd go thirsty & hungry.  Meh, no thanks.

Anyway, Bethenny just scares me.  Yeah, she's calmer this season.  And yet the woman is still way too intense & yes, downright skeery.  Being in her presence would make me too tense & anxious.  Pass.

Could not agree more.  Can you imagine spilling gravy on HER expensive chair?  Yeah, don't think she'd be anywhere near as chill about it as Dorinda was with Ramona in the Berks!  She's probably try to get you arrested or some shit.

As for Lu - well, I am echoing those who concur that she looked stunning in her wedding dress.  Absolutely gorgeous.  And that wedding in Palm Beach looked very lovely and tasteful.  But that "after-after Reject Party"?  Holy shit was that grim.  I got contact depression just watching it. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

But that "after-after Reject Party"?  Holy shit was that grim.  I got contact depression just watching it. 

Did she even have any food? Flowers? Decorations to warm the place up? Anything? Totally agree, depressing. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, BBHN said:

5 times, actually. That are on Youtube. I'm sure there are many more scenes of the women talking that didn't involve Luann being mentioned that aren't on Youtube.

Hopefully Luann has one...

Actually, 3 of those scenes/links were part of the same conversation between Bethenny/Carole at Carole's apartment. 

• Love 2

I have decided that the dress Bethenny wore to the after, after, after party made her look like Edward Scissorhands.

I bet it's a Balmain.  Cuz I hate it and I hate Balmain.  Why do people wear it?

• Love 2

Actually, 3 of those scenes/links were part of the same conversation between Bethenny/Carole at Carole's apartment. 

Actually, no, only 2 of those scenes were between Bethenny/Carole at Carole's apartment. Furthermore, they were from 2 different episodes (episodes 4 and 6), and both Bethenny and Carole were wearing different outfits in both scenes.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This is perhaps the greatest thing I have ever read over here. I am laughing my ass off. I am begging you - begging you - to make him watch it so he gets how he is supposed to be doing it. Then have him do it randomly and report back to us. And if I could ask a favor: could he do it in a group setting so you can also ascertain the reactions from those around you? I realize I am asking a lot, but I won't sleep until I know this is done and you give us the scoop as to how it feels. 

P.S. I do think it is a good thing that your hubby didn't know how to properly grab you by the throat. 

The 17th comment down in TT's recap has a possible reason/explanation of why Tom grabbed Luann's neck like he did. http://tamaratattles.com/2017/06/14/real-housewives-of-new-york-a-countess-no-more/   It may have been because he is shorter than Luann is. LOL

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

If either couple have an open relationship, it is Carole/Adam, not Luann/Tom. Heck, Carole and Adam could not live together for longer than 6 months before she was pushing him out of her apartment and Carole has never said that she/Adam were in a committed/exclusive relationship.......ever, only that they "love each other". Soooooo, I suspect that Adam has had/been with other women since he/Carole got together.

I'm trying to figure this out. There's been actual, photographic evidence of Tom sticking his tongue down someone's throat (someone not named LuAnn). As far as I know, there hasn't been any photographic evidence of Adam doing the same to a woman (or women) not named Carole Radziwill. But because LuAnn keeps saying that she's with Tom all the time, and that they traipsed down the aisle amid knowledge that Tom has, in fact, not been faithful or exclusive to LuAnn, it mean that those two are in more of a committed relationship than Carole and Adam because Carole doesn't want to cohabit with Adam? The marriage certificate is what makes them more committed?

Is that really the scale? Because...

13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Carole isn't married, don't you get it?  It is a woman's purpose. Even worse, she doesn't have children. She did not fulfill a woman's true purpose.  To top that she's skinny, and too ugly to even live. Therefore, she will never get a man to marry her (the only condition in which a woman is truly happy), and she will die alone (a horror story that has been used for centuries to get women to marry against their better judgement).

But what do I know?  I'm single - a fate worse than death. I will die with none of my accomplishments noted.  My tombstone will simply say - here lies a bitter, jealous spinster.  She couldn't get a man to marry her. 

Fuck that.

This entire comment reminds me of what I'm currently reading: All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation by Rebecca Traister. She deep dives into this exact history, and talks about friendships that women forge with one another in the face of (and in addition to) romantic couplings with others. But she talks a lot about how historically women who were unmarried (whether we're talking single, separated, divorced, or widowed) were seen as damaged, flawed, untrustworthy, lacking, you name it. Actually, not even historically, given current chatter lol. 

13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There were no FOODIES in the 90s (at least, not the way it is now with Instagram and Yelp) and yet characters on 1990s Americans sitcoms made a HUGE point of ordering Chinese food left and right, CONSTANTLY.  They even ordered it on Roseanne, a show started in the 80s, which was based in Illinois.  CAROLE. LIVES. IN. NEW. YORK.  To pretend there isn't a racial tinge to the way she was acting in Chinatown is ridiculous!  I've been to NYC ONCE and I've been to Chinatown in NYC.  How has it not interested her all this time?  She hasn't had DIM SUM?  It's 2017!  This has nothing to do with not being a foodie.  I'm not a foodie, I don't care about food, yet living in Toronto I've had most cuisines possible.  Indian, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hakka, Szechuan, Jamaican, Korean, Caribbean at large, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Laotian, Malaysian (This is all in Toronto.  I'm talking about the types of foods that are most popular in my city. This is part of regular life.  And I have a looooooot of allergies. Starting with I can't even eat eggs or milk.)  Jesus.  Maybe when I was 16 I hadn't , but now I certainly have.  Being an adult.  She's 53.

I would argue that the Chinese food that people were ordering from takeout then and now is not Chinese food. But in any case, Carole very much seems like a forager and not anyone who is interested in complex meals with complex flavors in the slightest, despite the international travel she did for work. I'm not certain how it comes to be that there's a racial tinge to her not wanting dim sum or blueberry lavender ice cream when we're talking about a woman who'd much rather pizza and M&Ms. Hell, she didn't seem wholly convinced of her boyfriend's creations--and those are just raw vegetables!

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Actually, no, only 2 of those scenes were between Bethenny/Carole at Carole's apartment. Furthermore, they were from 2 different episodes (episodes 4 and 6), and both Bethenny and Carole were wearing different outfits in both scenes.

Ok, 5 scenes spanning out through 11 episodes! LOL Have we heard Luann talk smack about Carole/Adam this season or Bethenny/Jason/Shields this season? Nope, we haven't because Luann doesn't use the other HWs relationships (bfs/husbands/SO) as fodder for her storyline. The only ones using (nastily) someone else's romantic relationship as fodder for their own storyline are Bethenny, Carole and Ramona.

• Love 3

Ok, 5 scenes spanning out through 11 episodes

5 scenes that are on Youtube. That doesn't mean that there weren't similar conversations. Just because Bravo chose not to put them up on their Youtube channel, or you don't remember them happening. doesn't mean they didn't...

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I'm trying to figure this out. There's been actual, photographic evidence of Tom sticking  his tongue down someone's throat (someone not named LuAnn). As far as I know, there hasn't been any photographic evidence of Adam doing the same to a woman (or women) not named Carole Radziwill. But because LuAnn keeps saying that she's with Tom all the time, and that they traipsed don the aisle amid knowledge that Tom has, in fact, not been faithful or exclusive to LuAnn, it mean they're in more of a committed relationship than Carole and Adam because Carole doesn't want to cohabit with Adam? 

Is that really the scale?

This is entire comment reminds me of what I'm currently reading: All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation by Rebecca Traister. She deep dives into this exact history, and talks about friendships that women forge with one another in the face of (and in addition to) romantic couplings with others. But she talks a lot about how historically women who are unmarried (whether we're talking single, separated, divorced, or widowed) were seen as damaged, flawed, untrustworthy, lacking, you name it. Actually, not even historically, given current chatter lol. 

No, the point is that Carole and Bethenny keep saying that Luann's/Tom's relationship is "open" and putting her/them down about it. Carole's/Russell's relationship was open and no one said boo (judged) her about it. And, no one has questioned if Carole's/Adam's relationship is open given Carole's history as they did Luann/Tom because of her history. That is what I am pointing out.

I, myself, could care less if any person gets married, I don't think it lessens anyone any more than being married makes them better than. LOL

7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

5 scenes that are on Youtube. That doesn't mean that there weren't similar conversations. Just because Bravo chose not to put them up on their Youtube channel, or you don't remember them happening. doesn't mean they didn't...

Yes, Yes, of course there could be more scenes of them not mentioning Luann/Tom but it could also be that even these scenes you showed had the Luann/Tom part edited out. That is the mystery of editing, we will never know what wasn't shown. LOL

• Love 2
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This was an unusual episode but there was no shortage of back biting.

I thought the footage of Tom and Luann's was plenty.  We had Dorinda sharing photos with Ramona, Carole and Bethenny having their marriage as center stage in their lunch conversation.  The meet and greet the couple was sufficient for the purpose.  I do believe the producers would have loved having a conversation between Bethenny and Ramona.  I was surprised at how genuinely nice Ramona and Sonja were to Tom and Luann.

The back bites-obviously the Bethenny, Carole conversation about Tom being gay.  It wasn't a rumor, it was insight based on Carole's vast superior knowledge of relationships.  These two need to stop giving rumors an inception and/or legs.

Bethenny-your party featuring seafood and caviar is no reason to turn your brag about your holiday get together being better than Dorinda's roast chicken.  Dorinda has been there and done the sushi chef for a very elegant formal dinner.  Dorinda also has to cobble breakfast together the next day and put up with fire starters, vandals and someone eating with her fingers while promising to show a video of the inhumane treatment of the main course.  My cringe-drinking Skinygirl Margaritas luge or not with caviar.  How about an upscale vodka at the proper temperature?

Dorinda, who I do believe has an incredibly short attention span, your toast was about you.  Telling someone to stop celebrating although honest would be akin to someone telling you to stop eulogizing your late husband.  Dorinda at some point has to realize and play nice that some stuff is just for the show.  I would like to see more John but Dorinda has sais she wants the attention on her.

Carole what the hell?  Why was she essentially calling Tom and Luann liars over whether or not Luann cooks?  Luann of all the insults did not take this one in stride:   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/luann-dagostino/luann-dagostino-being-married-to

Ramona, you got it right, going to a meet and greet is not the same as attending the wedding.  You already covered this with claiming you wanted an invite so you can decline it.  Really-they ran out of money?  I would not spend $10.00 a head on these clowns at this point.  Ramona seems to forget what she did in the Berkshires to Luann.

Bethenny calling Carole boring.  Just not nice, especially after Carole disputed Ramona's claim of Bethenny calling Carole boring.

I did love that Dorinda won't let go of Ramona trashing her house.  Icing on the cake-Jill Zarin calling Ramona a pig.

I am sure Lu hasn't had to cook often since she married the Count but I imagine her growing up as middle class with a huge family she had to cook from time to time.  Being in a huge city with a plethora of good food to choose from I probably would cook less than I do.  Especially with a larger bank account!  Lu also isn't talking about making chateaubriand but chicken and pasta so I don't see her lying about this.  

• Love 4

I'm trying to figure this out. There's been actual, photographic evidence of Tom sticking his tongue down someone's throat (someone not named LuAnn). As far as I know, there hasn't been any photographic evidence of Adam doing the same to a woman (or women) not named Carole Radziwill. But because LuAnn keeps saying that she's with Tom all the time, and that they traipsed down the aisle amid knowledge that Tom has, in fact, not been faithful or exclusive to LuAnn, it mean that those two are in more of a committed relationship than Carole and Adam because Carole doesn't want to cohabit with Adam? The marriage certificate is what makes them more committed?

Is that really the scale? Because...

Seriously.

Yes, Yes, of course there could be more scenes of them not mentioning Luann/Tom but it could also be that even these scenes you showed had the Luann/Tom part edited out. That is the mystery of editing, we will never know what wasn't shown.

By that logic, Luann could been discussing/trash talking the other women and their relationships, and that was edited out, too. The magic of editing will never let us know what Luann could have said. LOL

None of which changes the fact that the narrative of these women doing nothing but discussing Luann and Tom 24/7 just isn't true. LOL

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Lu also isn't talking about making chateaubriand but chicken and pasta so I don't see her lying about this.  

I could've sworn we've seen LuAnn cooking in past seasons, so I was surprised when she was accused of not being capable of making some pasta.   (On a personal note, it's really sad when you feel like you've retained some useless information about a reality show celebrity's ability to cook, but can't remember where you put your keys!)     ;)

• Love 16
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Seriously.

By that logic, Luann could been discussing/trash talking the other women and their relationships, and that was edited out, too. The magic of editing will never let us know what Luann could have said. LOL

None of which changes the fact that the narrative of these women doing nothing but discussing Luann and Tom 24/7 just isn't true. LOL

True but Luann has never gone after another HWs husband/SO except for Mario and she didn't dog him out all the time and I don't remember her ever going after someone's relationship for 2 entire seasons either. She went after Carole/Adam for 1 season (and I thought she was wrong to do so and said so) then wished them well the following season and never talked smack about them again. This going after Luann's/Tom's relationship like Bethenny, Carole, Ramona and Sonja (to a lesser extent) has been so over the top that it is sick.

• Love 1

True but Luann has never gone after another HWs husband/SO except for Mario and she didn't dog him out all the time and I don't remember her ever going after someone's relationship for 2 entire seasons either

Because it's all edited out! LOL

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

My mom was a non drinker but she had two rules/thoughts about women and booze,

1) women should not drink beer from bottles

and

2) drunk women (not buzzed, drunk) are not acting like women.

To this day I do not drink beer from a bottle because my dad always told me it was very unladylike.  I also think a bride should never be photographed with a drink in her hand unless it is the champagne toast.  I have to check out the photos of LuAnn to see if she followed that rule of etiquette :)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There were no FOODIES in the 90s (at least, not the way it is now with Instagram and Yelp) and yet characters on 1990s Americans sitcoms made a HUGE point of ordering Chinese food left and right, CONSTANTLY.  They even ordered it on Roseanne, a show started in the 80s, which was based in Illinois.  CAROLE. LIVES. IN. NEW. YORK.  To pretend there isn't a racial tinge to the way she was acting in Chinatown is ridiculous!  I've been to NYC ONCE and I've been to Chinatown in NYC.  How has it not interested her all this time?  She hasn't had DIM SUM?  It's 2017!  This has nothing to do with not being a foodie.  I'm not a foodie, I don't care about food, yet living in Toronto I've had most cuisines possible.  Indian, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hakka, Szechuan, Jamaican, Korean, Caribbean at large, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Laotian, Malaysian (This is all in Toronto.  I'm talking about the types of foods that are most popular in my city. This is part of regular life.  And I have a looooooot of allergies. Starting with I can't even eat eggs or milk.)  Jesus.  Maybe when I was 16 I hadn't , but now I certainly have.  Being an adult.  She's 53.

Um could it be she doesn't like Chinese food?  I fail to see how not liking or wanting to try or being unfamiliar with a certain food means there is a 'racial tinge' to it.  

• Love 15
Just now, BBHN said:

Because it's all edited out! LOL

I doubt that, had Luann gone after 1 of them like they have her, some of it would have made it past editing. IMO, Luann doesn't resort to using others for her storyline. Bethenny doesn't want anyone to talk about her real life and for the most part, the others respect her wishes. Something she needs to do in return. 

• Love 3

True but Luann has never gone after another HWs husband/SO except for Mario and she didn't dog him out all the time and I don't remember her ever going after someone's relationship for 2 entire seasons either. She went after Carole/Adam for 1 season (and I thought she was wrong to do so and said so) then wished them well the following season and never talked smack about them again. This going after Luann's/Tom's relationship like Bethenny, Carole, Ramona and Sonja (to a lesser extent) has been so over the top that it is sick.

So she pretty much has at one point or another gone after every other relationship on the show.  Karma.  Now they all are coming after her.  I'm not seeing the issue.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Um could it be she doesn't like Chinese food?  I fail to see how not liking or wanting to try or being unfamiliar with a certain food means there is a 'racial tinge' to it.  

In Carole's defense, she has said that she doesn't eat much other than junk food and that Adam has had to talk her into eating better. I think Carole just isn't into food, no matter who makes it or what type of cuisine it is. 

• Love 14

I doubt that, had Luann gone after 1 of them like they have her, some of it would have made it past editing

Except we'll never know for sure, as you pointed out about the magic of editing...

So she pretty much has at one point or another gone after every other relationship on the show.  Karma.  Now they all are coming after her.  I'm not seeing the issue.

Yup.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She had problems with Mario (he called her names) but she didn't go after his/Ramona's marriage until after Mario left Ramona. She had issues with Carole/Adam dating when they first got together but moved past it the next season. She didn't go after Bethenny/Jason/Jason or any other marriage/relationship with any HWs (except for Carole/Adam). What marriage/relationship has Luann attacked/talked smack about on the same scale Bethenny/Carole/Ramona have her/Tom? 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Not a Carole fan, but I'm not on board with the racial issue with her.  I think she felt that anyone working in a service industry was beneath her -- equal opportunity rudeness.  But, who knows.  As for her remarks about Tom, I def saw that as homophobic.  I guess mileage varies.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

In Carole's defense, she has said that she doesn't eat much other than junk food and that Adam has had to talk her into eating better. I think Carole just isn't into food, no matter who makes it or what type of cuisine it is. 

She totally seems like she eats because she has to unlike B who has a passion for food.  One thing I like about she and B together is that they are themselves whether you like them or not.  They seem like real girlfriends.  

• Love 11

What marriage/relationship has Luann attacked/talked smack about on the same scale Bethenny/Carole/Ramona have her/Tom? 

Carol/Adam - it was all she talked about on twitter for about 6 months.  She tweeted lies.  She went on and on.  And now she is married to someone that was documented cheating on her and she expects people to look the other way.  They did that for years on her first husband and she pretty much smacked them in the face for their choices.  It's karma.  They will slowly stop talking about it until the next time he cheats.  Cuz we all know that's going to happen.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She had problems with Mario (he called her names) but she didn't go after his/Ramona's marriage until after Mario left Ramona. She had issues with Carole/Adam dating when they first got together but moved past it the next season. She didn't go after Bethenny/Jason/Jason or any other marriage/relationship with any HWs (except for Carole/Adam). What marriage/relationship has Luann attacked/talked smack about on the same scale Bethenny/Carole/Ramona have her/Tom? 

She was vile to Carole for that entire season and even worse during the reunion.  She was making baldfaced lies about Bethenny and her relationship to the point that B had to call Dennis's daughter to correct Lu--at which point Lu got even more vicious.  Lu is not innocent in all this.  

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Carol/Adam - it was all she talked about on twitter for about 6 months.  She tweeted lies.  She went on and on.  And now she is married to someone that was documented cheating on her and she expects people to look the other way.  They did that for years on her first husband and she pretty much smacked them in the face for their choices.  It's karma.  They will slowly stop talking about it until the next time he cheats.  Cuz we all know that's going to happen.

Yes, as I said she did but she backed off the following season and even apologized to Carole about it. Bethenny and Carole have been going about/at Luann/Tom for 2 full seasons now (off season as well) and they have both made nasty comments, on both their twitter accounts and on Bethenny's now defunct radio show. Also, several of the HWs talked about Luann/Count's marriage after the Count left Luann, it wasn't ignored. As for Tom kissing someone else, that was bad, without a doubt, but I don't think kissing rises to the same level as having sex/aka/cheating/having an affair but as they say YMMV. And, on top of all that, neither Bethenny or Carole like Luann so why are they getting their panties in a bunch to begin with? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Apricotte said:

I agree with this about Dorinda, and like you, it doesn't make me dislike her. I think Dorinda has a lot of self respect and when her friends act like assholes it's going in the bank.

This. Ramona's MO has always been shout-down-then-dash approach to anyone who challenges her. Over on the Bravo site there's a vid called Top 10 Ramotional Moments (something like that) that demonstraes this. It includes the scene at the restaurant post-oargate when the wives trapped her in the booth about her ridiculous behavior after Berks visit #1. She has a fight-then-flee thing happening. Dorinda, more than anyone, seems unwilling to put up with it and will step up. Bloody well time someone did this. Go Dor!

3 hours ago, Sai said:

Video and popcorn at 11? ;-}

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

She was vile to Carole for that entire season and even worse during the reunion.  She was making baldfaced lies about Bethenny and her relationship to the point that B had to call Dennis's daughter to correct Lu--at which point Lu got even more vicious.  Lu is not innocent in all this.  

First, we really do not know who Bethenny called, I for one doubt it was Shields daughter. That was not a spontaneous phone call either, it was prearranged, so much so that whoever it was at the other end sounded like they were reading from a prepared statement as Bethenny talked over them. Also, Luann accepted Bethenny's word that she/Shields did not begin their relationship until after he/his still current/legal wife separated and did not bring it back up again. As for Carole/Adam, as I said I sided with Carole, but I will say that Luann/Adam had a relationship prior to Carole with either Luann or Adam, which, right or wrong, made it personal for/with Luann. And Luann dropped it the following season, she even apologized for her ugly behavior to Carole, which Carole accepted. Oh, and I never said that Luann was "innocent", I never even implied it because I said she was wrong in her treatment of Carole. AND, no matter what Luann has done, it still doesn't excuse what Bethenny/Carole have said about Luann/Tom, it doesn't.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Ugh, you are asking a lot. If it was for a good cause I might consider continuing on with my research but it's the Housewives, for Pete's sake!!  Lol, this is too funny.  Friggin Luann.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, lilsadone said:

I didn't say he didn't understand - I said he looked shocked. 

My experience with many French (specifically Parisians) - even ones I am dear friends with -  they give this look of being appalled or shocked when someone tries to speak French and doesn't speak to their standards.  Parisians specifically can be very snooty and even act like they don't understand you just so they don't have to speak to you.  I hear this attitude isn't the same in other parts of France tho - it's unique to Paris egos ?

I am an American who began learning French when I was 10 (decades and decades ago) and speak it with a lovely accent. In fact my accent leads native French speakers to believe I understand the language better than I actually do. That said, Luann's accent is horrific. It is a crime against a beautiful language. Yes, Canadian French doesn't sound as pretty, but her accent is SO bad that she should just stick to English. I can understand her when she speaks French but it makes my ears feel very, very sad. I wonder why she didn't work on it during all of those years she lived in Europe.

Bethenny doesn't think Carole is boring. They are actually friends and she cares about her. She just thinks her food tastes are pretty pedestrian. And seriously, how has she lived in NYC all of these years and never had dim sum? But, maybe she's not a big fan of Chinese food. I am an adventurous foodie but I can understand why some of those exotic ice cream flavors would be unappealing to some people.

Ramona is just pathetic as fuck. If I were one of Avery's friends, I totally would have gone to the dinner, because you know she gave them a good meal, was generous with the drinks and paid for it all. Thankfully, Avery doesn't take after her sad sack mother. She's very centered and poised. Does anyone know what her post-grad plans are?

Tinsley and this man thing is also kind of sad. What the hell is she doing with a 23-year-old? Someone young enough for her to have given birth to, for goodness sake!

Caught glimpses of John not looking like he was having fun at the after-wedding party. And was it just an event to come and have some wine to toast them? No food at all? Crazy! I would much rather have been at Bethenny's party, which as someone else said, I think had more guests later but the girls came early to get the filming out of the way. She's not going to have that huge pile of caviar and the luge just for 6 people. I love caviar and so wish I could have partaken.

Dorinda has the BEST wardrobe. Some things I'm not crazy about but there are many things I am absolutely wild for. Still can't stop thinking about that Moschino cape.

• Love 10
(edited)

I can understand her when she speaks French but it makes my ears feel very, very sad

Every time she speaks French, a Parisian starts crying, not knowing why...

Dammit, now I want Ramona to start learning French! Or Dorinda, but she is only allowed to speak in French after a few drinks.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

All I heard was bicycle, baguette, Paris.

He might have said Chic C'est La Vie, C'est Bon, C'est Bon.

I am trying to remember but I think he said they should all get together in France and do a bicycle tour, drink wine and eat baguettes. I'll have to watch again.

• Love 2