Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

I went to huge Chinese restaurant in NYC for Dim Sum a million years ago (1980's) and it was a feast for the eyes, we sat at big round tables and were pretty much the only Americans/Caucasian that I saw, I ate chicken feet, it was mostly ankle and not much meat on it but I ate it!

I will never forget it.

Carole is a fuddy duddy.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Let me ask a question please-

If you were not invited to a wedding would you actually go to a party for all the losers who weren't invited and bring a gift?

I think it's situational.  If, like in Lu's case with her non-guest guests, I wasn't invited to the wedding because the bride didn't want me there as she thought I might cause a scene and detract from "her day", then no, she can kiss my ass.  If it were someone I was friendly with, but for budget reasons or family size  or I'm simply not that close a friend to make the cutoff, assuming I like the person, then yes, but the gift would be much smaller/less expensive than if I had been invited to the event itself.

• Love 7

Tom is not gay. Carole and Bethenny are gay. Projection.

Please, no...the community doesn't need their representation.

She was making baldfaced lies about Bethenny and her relationship to the point that B had to call Dennis's daughter to correct Lu--at which point Lu got even more vicious.  

Nah, she wasn't forced to do anything of the sort. It was overly dramatic, and just made her (and her married bf and his "daughter") look pathetic.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

China has over a billion people.  The cultures, dialects, foods are incredibly diverse. There's also Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Singapore, etc. where Chinese people are born and are from.  Carole has probably never stepped into Chinatown before that moment.  How would she know whether she likes Chinese food or not?  It's such a blanket statement.  Do you think people say they don't like American food?  Wouldn't that be a naive comment, since it encapsulates so much variety and everyone makes food differently?  

Dim sum is not known for being spicy.  It's breakfast.  I'm sure many people have eaten dumplings.  

Some people are xenophobic and don't like to learn about other cultures.  That doesn't mean that I have to admire that about a person.  I straight up do not.  I find it incredulous.  I don't consider myself a foodie or adventurous and yet I have had dozens of different cuisines in my life because that's normal for someone living in a metropolitan city.  Having the food of a different culture won't harm you, unless you have a specific allergy to an ingredient used in it.

To the poster who said ordering Chinese food isn't "real" Chinese food.  Not at all my argument.  I was showing that it was part of American popular culture since at least the 1980s to show people ordering food from Chinese restaurants even in a small non-cosmopolitan town yet 50+ Carole living in cosmopolitan NYC in 2017 looked uncomfortable in Chinatown.  To me that says a lot about a person.

Seriously, I don't think Carole has issues with other cultures, she just isn't into food....at all. She likes junk food, the stuff you buy in bags, some that you heat up, but junk food along the lines of M&Ms, chips, French fries. Adam has to talk her into eating a healthy "sexy" salad because she doesn't even like that kind of food. I really don't think it goes any deeper than that with Carole and food. LOL

1 hour ago, Teddybear said:

But WHY?????  I need all you Tom-lovers to come out of hiding and tell me why you think Tom is sexy/desirable/interesting without mentioning the word penthouse.  

How would any of us know? We do not know him at all! What any 1 of us may find attractive about any 1 other person doesn't mean that the rest of us do. Anyway, our opinion of Tom, someone we do not know at all, doesn't matter in the long run, Luann loves him enough that she married him. Hell, both Ramona and Sonja liked him enough to date/have sex with him, so he must have some redeeming qualities about him. And Bethenny's/Carole's opinions about him don't count either as neither of them know him and only just met him in person (Carole once last season, Bethenny this season). LOL

• Love 5

She was vile to Carole for that entire season and even worse during the reunion.  She was making baldfaced lies about Bethenny and her relationship to the point that B had to call Dennis's daughter to correct Lu--at which point Lu got even more vicious.

Luann can be just as vicious as any other HW...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

That's not correct. It depends on the region of Chinese food the restaurant is serving. If it's Shanghainese , 90% of the food will be very spicy. It is not breakfast, it is brunch. Dim Sum is also not just dumplings, it's fried food, seafood, beef, pork, poultry, vegetables, pastries.

I did not find Carole's reactions in the restaurant to be racist. I was surprised she didn't seem to have ever tried Dim Sum as she lives in NY. She deferred the decisions to Bethenny.

I also did not find her reactions in the Ice Cream Factory to be racist. I just thought she came across as an asshole making comments about the flavors. If she's strictly a chocolate person, that's what she should have ordered from the get go and not even try the little spoons of various flavors.

KungFuBunny, you just reminded me. For all the grief she's getting, at least Carole did make an effort to try the little spoons even if she knew she would eventually settle on chocolate flavor.

I think part of the issue with Bethenny's exasperation is as someone else pointed out--Bethenny seems quite adventurous and loves different foods. And some of us know what it is to love something and want your friend or significant other to love it just as much lol. 

b901a4627a54d20

OMG - Gloria.

Unfortunate placement of gold star across one eyeball.

My goodness! That placement of the watermark star makes Gloria look like the Terminator. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

KungFuBunny, you just reminded me. For all the grief she's getting, at least Carole did make an effort to try the little spoons even if she knew she would eventually settle on chocolate flavor.

I think part of the issue with Bethenny's exasperation is as someone else pointed out--Bethenny seems quite adventurous and loves different foods. And some of us know what it is to love something and want your friend or significant other to love it just as much lol. 

My goodness! That placement of the watermark star makes Gloria look like the Terminator. 

b901a4627a54d20

OMG - Gloria.

Unfortunate placement of gold star across one eyeball.

YES! That's him...I mean her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Teddybear said:

But WHY?????  I need all you Tom-lovers to come out of hiding and tell me why you think Tom is sexy/desirable/interesting without mentioning the word penthouse.  

I am not a Tom lover and I have wondered what makes him so eligible to so many women and have decided he was available.   He doesn't seem particularly unkind in that he doesn't attack his detractors-which there seem to be a lot of these days,  He talked about being in love before and when he met Luann it was over the top.    My guess is it may be something as simple as paying attention to the lady.  His interaction with both Sonja and Ramona at the meet and greet this week seemed rather genuine.  Carole was pretty awful with her finger pointing to the eyes and essentially calling both he and Luann liars.   He seems to handle the women from his past fairly well, it just seems odd to me that many of them want some sort of recognition. 

I do think it is totally tacky for Bethenny and Carole to surmise he wasn't a good looking guy and got a few bucks in his pockets and the floodgates opened for him in the dating world.  Then Carole begins to state it as fact.  At some point words have consequences-never a good look to comment on someone's child's look no matter the age.  Once again it says more about the speaker than the subject.   He seems to also have guy friends as in Dorinda's late husband.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

THANK YOU!  I couldn't remember what she reminded me of and that is it!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luann can be just as vicious as any other HW...

Mrs Marriedfacehole can be very vicious. Just not as dramatic with the  throwing her arms around like an angry bird the way Moaner does.

• Love 7

I feel like the show should be renamed "fighting with Betthenny."  Because really, that's all that happens.  They visit new restaurants and each other's homes each week and fight with Bethenny or talk about her or she talks about them.  Who cares?!

I loved the basement reception, how bizarre.  I'm guessing Bravo wanted all the ladies together to talk about the wedding they weren't invited to with the happy couple.  Way to go all out show!

I would agree that Carole just isn't into food.  She probably eats the same things everyday.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Seriously, I don't think Carole has issues with other cultures, she just isn't into food....at all. She likes junk food, the stuff you buy in bags, some that you heat up, but junk food along the lines of M&Ms, chips, French fries. Adam has to talk her into eating a healthy "sexy" salad because she doesn't even like that kind of food. I really don't think it goes any deeper than that with Carole and food. LOL

How would any of us know? We do not know him at all! What any 1 of us may find attractive about any 1 other person doesn't mean that the rest of us do. Anyway, our opinion of Tom, someone we do not know at all, doesn't matter in the long run, Luann loves him enough that she married him. Hell, both Ramona and Sonja liked him enough to date/have sex with him, so he must have some redeeming qualities about him. And Bethenny's/Carole's opinions about him don't count either as neither of them know him and only just met him in person (Carole once last season, Bethenny this season). LOL

Agreed on Carole.  However, I somehow see Carole acting aghast if she went to a Native American (or is it American Indian?) restaurant and Lu or Ramona acted similarly.  i can see her pulling out that elitist glare.  

On Tom, the biggest thing that bugs me is that LuAnn commented "there's a long line for Tom...I just got in line."  WTF?!  I can't even imagine making a comment like that.  She sounds like one of the contestants on The Bachelor who is so happy she got a fucking rose at the rose ceremony.  She makes it sound like he bestowed some great honor on her.  

I guess he's somewhat attractive.  And supposedly wealthy.  But he seems so awkward, so bland, so not into her at all.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Hey Mozelle

I think that was what bothered me the most about the ice cream store. The eateries they film at, Production has to get the "okay" from the owner to film. If they were at Joanne's (Bethenny ordered a bunch of dishes) and she told Carole to try a few items and Carole ONLY likes Penna A La Vodka but she still went and tried a few bites then made faces..as the owner of that restaurant I would not be happy. I found that rude - just my opinion. Bethenny too - she said the asshole title was reserved for Ramona - but that's how Carole was acting

ROFL - she really does

6gGcDIWRNJCZEnJKgYvi5NvnTAa3IZ3KuI8xaic1

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Mrs Marriedfacehole can be very vicious. Just not as dramatic with the  throwing her arms around like an angry bird the way Moaner does.

Awww....I still have LOVE for muh muh my Ramona

tumblr_nq48uhaTIE1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

FYI: I forgot who mentioned Carson Kressley. This was Luann's suite at the clothing event where Ramona & Kristen went at it.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If my husband grabbed me by the neck I would need a safe word.

If mine did, he would need a jockstrap/sports cup/protector thing....)   ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Agreed on Carole.  However, I somehow see Carole acting aghast if she went to a Native American (or is it American Indian?) restaurant and Lu or Ramona acted similarly.  i can see her pulling out that elitist glare.  

On Tom, the biggest thing that bugs me is that LuAnn commented "there's a long line for Tom...I just got in line."  WTF?!  I can't even imagine making a comment like that.  She sounds like one of the contestants on The Bachelor who is so happy she got a fucking rose at the rose ceremony.  She makes it sound like he bestowed some great honor on her.  

I guess he's somewhat attractive.  And supposedly wealthy.  But he seems so awkward, so bland, so not into her at all.

Luann got on line for this, but was moved to the back of the line that night

0825-luann-inset-810x960.jpg

I think maybe "he reaches for her" every morning in bed...he might be patting her to see if she's asleep so that he can escape for a while

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Tom seemed to light up at Luann in their wedding video/photos, but on the show he does come across as awkward. I suspect it is more to do with the show cameras/crew and the other HWs judging him on camera all the same time. 

I took her comment as that she started dating him while he was still dating other women and that they both fell hard for each other and that she is grateful that he felt/feels the same way she did/does. Simply, no one wants to fall hard for another person and not have them feel the same way about you. LOL

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

FYI: I forgot who mentioned Carson Kressley. This was Luann's suite at the clothing event where Ramona & Kristen went at it.

Ramona looked so good there.  She needs to cut that hair, rid herself of the fake boobs too.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, politichick said:

Yes, Canadian French doesn't sound as pretty, but her accent is SO bad that she should just stick to English. 

Luann's accent could've been a (bastardized) Acadian accent (overlaid with a little Pepe LaPew). Maybe Luann's mother is Acadian - that accent could sound "off" if you're  expecting Quebecois. (And --for the record! - there are plenty of people who think "Canadian French"  is just as pretty as that fussy, over-articulated Academie Francaise prissy-talk  ;)  

I found that rude - just my opinion. Bethenny too - she said the asshole title was reserved for Ramona - but that's how Carole was acting.

I agree. @KungFuBunny. Carole didn't politely show a lack of interest in food; she behaved like an impolite asshole (and you can bet dollars to Navajo donuts, if Luann dared say "Indian bread is all the same to me" Carole would have delivered a two minute confessional about all the different kinds of frybread she encountered while working for ABC). 

But at least I didn't have to watch her eat in her usual elegant manner -  like  a great white moving through mountains of chum -- for somebody who claims she isn't interested in food,  she sure does pack her gullet. (But Jules was the one it was hard to watch eat, right, Carole?) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think maybe "he reaches for her" every morning in bed...he might be patting her to see if she's asleep so that he can escape for a while

Step out of line for a minute, and the person behind you moves up...in more ways than one...

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Flapping her wings like an angry blue bird

• Love 6

Well, I watched a few of the recent episodes today (Dorinda's Berkshire's party, Beth and Carole going to China Town, Luann's wedding and her party for the non-invitees).  I don't see any great love between Luann and Tom but hope they're happy. Forgive this type-I have no idea what I did to cause this!! I am almost computer illiterate. I'm on an IPad-if anyone knows how I can stop this-please let me know!!)  Ramona has gone completely off the rails.. That stuff at Dorinda's house with Beth plus damaging her room and not apologizing/offering to pay for fixing it, etc just proves that she's having mental problems. I can't believe that she has such a faulty memory of what she said/Beth said unless her brain is so fried from alcohol, which may very well be the case. Her dinner with Avery/friends was just embarassing all the way around. Leave those kids alone, Ramona. I think she's sad, lonely, desperate, afraid and unsure what her future holds for her. No husband, no job, no friends and Avery on her own now. Sad.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wonder if that nasty Linda women framed that pic and gave it Tom and Lu as a wedding present?

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Well, at least they are the same height...he doesn't have to strangle her just to kiss her.

I noticed Luann stood in a S shape during her wedding vows so she would appear shorter. Cracked me up!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 8
(edited)

Racism against Asians is the new antisemitism in the Academic and political world. Principally because so many really bright kids get great test scores and dominate the competitive entry for schools that the children of the Upper East Side compete for if they don't go to private schools. Brooklyn Tech and Stuyvesant High School is now predominately Asian and they are targets.

I am not surprised that Carole disdains the food and the culture of the Asian community. For all of her vaunted experience as a so called TV producer and so called "Writer: she is in fact one parochial piece of crapola.

Edited by Trooper York
Because if Carole ever goes back to Chinatown they are going to have a really "special" Won Ton soup for her!
  • Love 4
On 6/14/2017 at 9:13 PM, Wendy said:

*** hangs head in shame***

I am a last minute wrapper as well 

I have a bag on the back of my trunk with just wrapping paraphernalia. Only exceptions are Christmas gifts, I do try to wrap them ahead of time.

I love, love, love Christmas time in NYC. 

I actually buy the paper on the way to where I'm going with the present.

• Love 5

I do think it is totally tacky for Bethenny and Carole to surmise he wasn't a good looking guy and got a few bucks in his pockets and the floodgates opened for him in the dating world. 

Tacky and rich, given Dennis is no Brad Pitt, and that Adam may have never given Carole a second look if she wasn't a tv celebrity.

Gah, I can't believe Carole used to be one of my faves.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, film noire said:

But at least I didn't have to watch her eat in her usual elegant manner -  like  a great white moving through mountains of chum --

Omg. My sides.....

• Love 10

I noticed Luann stood in a S shape during her wedding vows so she would appear shorter. Cracked me up!

If she wears heels, she might switch to flats just to make kissing easier on her throat...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I am, since we've seen Carole display none of that.

I know, right?  How does it go from not wanting perfume in your ice cream and not being interested or knowledgeable about dim sum to being racist and "disdainful" of Asian culture?  Bizarre. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I'm just speculating that maybe he just seems desirable if you compare him to Coerte and Rey and Harry Dubin. Or 80-year-olds. Otherwise, I got nothin'.

• Love 6

Québécois French has quite a distinct sound, honestly it is a very Canadian sounding accent, lol. I think that France French sounds so pretty,  but French Canadian culture is cool and I like the way they speak as well. Luann's French sounds like my beginner's French. I just pronounce the words with my own west coast accent (this does not sound nice). Formeedabla!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

If she wears heels, she might switch to flats just to make kissing easier on her throat...

I was engaged to a shorter and took to wearing flats to make him more comfortable. I would think Lou would have done that for Tom Cat

4 minutes ago, Apricotte said:

Québécois French has quite a distinct sound, honestly it is a very Canadian sounding accent, lol. I think that France French sounds so pretty,  but French Canadian culture is cool and I like the way they speak as well. Luann's French sounds like my beginner's French. I just pronounce the words with my own west coast accent (this does not sound nice). Formeedabla!

Her French is horrible!

Je ne parle pas encore très bien le français.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

. I would think Lou would have done that for Tom Cat

Katie Cat did the S-bend for Tiny. His hidden lifts appear to be tipping him forward.

634.8tomkat.ls.7812.jpg

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Did she have three dresses? 

Word on the street is one of them did.   :-O 

(but Ramona stole 2 of them!)

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 15