Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

Another horrible, super boring video!  Could they be any more generic?  Joe has Gothard Speak down pact with his encouraging others!  Poor veterans who had to sit through the Duggar Family singing!

Kendra couldn't get a word in, could she?  But she really had nothing much to say about anything, really.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I didn't watch the video, but HOW can a newlywed couple have their own Christmas traditions? Traditions take years to develop, people. Maybe I'm being too intellectual here.

That's the question that made me watch it, lol !

• Love 2
On 12/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

With that many kids, there has got to be one who just plain doesn't want children of their own. Whether that Duggar is able to admit that, even to him/herself, is another issue. Just like I would never wish infertility on someone who wants children, I'd never wish children on someone who doesn't. 

I grew with friends that had 18 kids in their family. They only have 8 kids among them.

• Love 5

When we did the last round of polls we wanted all the topics of kids once married to include any kids/family, too. So we're just going to leave the topic title as is. After they get married, it's meant to be a catch all topic title. So, no poll, but making jokey title suggestions is always allowed. 

• Love 3
On 12/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, LilJen said:

I didn't watch the video, but HOW can a newlywed couple have their own Christmas traditions? Traditions take years to develop, people. Maybe I'm being too intellectual here.

I guess the problem is that there's pretty literally nothing you could ask these two somewhat dim children to which they would or could have an answer. And since they at least know what Christmas traditions are, they can say something in answer to this question, instead of just sitting with their mouths hanging open.

TLC has no interest in asking them about their crazy religious beliefs, and they've probably both been coached by their families to shut up about those as well. And aside from those, they appear to talk amongst themselves about nothing at all. So unless you're going to ask about favorite breakfast cereals, you've pretty much got no open lines of inquiry. 

I guess I'm sort of surprised that they didn't ask them for marriage advice, though, given history. But that's probably saved up for the next video. Since they'll almost certainly be giving public addresses on that topic at some national conference before next year is out. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Personally I wouldn’t go tubing while pregnant. I slipped and fell on ice with one of my pregnancies and was so freaking scared, and that was just walking down a driveway.

In all the pregnancy literature states that downhill skiing is on the no list, and tubing can be even more dangerous than skiing so I am not sure why those pea brains thought it would be ok. 

Snow tubing can actually be really dangerous, people have died when their tubes have flipped and they land wrong/collided with others ect. 

ETA: Is she being cared for by  professional "midwife"  Jill? Because I think any actual OB Or midwife would say no you should not tube while pregnant. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

In all the pregnancy literature states that downhill skiing is on the no list, and tubing can be even more dangerous than skiing so I am not sure why those pea brains thought it would be ok. 

Snow tubing can actually be really dangerous, people have died when their tubes have flipped and they land wrong/collided with others ect. 

ETA: Is she being cared for by  professional "midwife"  Jill? Because I think any actual OB Or midwife would say no you should not tube while pregnant. 

I think that this is our answer. They would have had to read something or consult with a professional who had read something (other than the book of Leviticus, that is). So ... not likely they would ever hear this advice. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Isn't Kendra pregnant? Why is she sliding down the hill in an inner tube?

I don't see Jana on that aircraft. She is the one who needs a vacation.

Maybe Jana got to stay at home all by herself for once.  That might be her preference. It would certainly be mine if the only other option was hanging out with that bunch of losers.

While there isn't anything terribly risky to an early pregnancy with snow tubing, I wouldn't recommend it.  However, since my patients are not Duggar-dumb, I must say no one has ever asked, either.  Downhill skiing, especially later in pregnancy when the center of gravity has shifted, is not a good idea.  I usually tell pregnant women to avoid any obviously dangerous sport like bungee jumping, parachuting, climbing mountains, etc as well as anything requiring really good balance like skiing, gymnastics, horseback riding.  I think snow tubing qualifies as dangerous enough to avoid in pregnancy.

• Love 23

But Jill had some mid-wife training. I'm not saying she's a midwife, but she did have some training. It's kind of a like having degree in law without passing the bar or finishing law school. Despite that she doesn't seem to know much, although it's possible she was not asked an opinion on this trip. That actually seems likely.

Skiing is really expensive hobby for buy-used save the difference Duggars.  It requires equipment and gear. It's really dangerous, enough people have died that most people who ski wear helmets now. I can see the Duggs being old-fashioned and cheap not wearing them. If Kendra is tubing on a ski-slope, a helmet would be a good idea since the pitch of the ground is similiar. Same goes for Amy.

I've haven't commented on the pregnancy yet, but sufficient to say I'm neither surprised nor happy for them. She's second trimester? Have they announced when she's due?

I wonder if TLC is filming. It seems possible. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, drafan said:

That synthetic skirt/slip on the outside of the snowsuit exceeds all my expectations for supreme stupidity. Makes Mullet's swim get-up look positively sane.

(ETA: Above sentence brought to you by the letter S.)

Hahahahaha ?

• Love 5

I think Mary lives with Deanna since the divorce. They seem to do a lot of activities together with Famy. I think it's more Deanna getting Grandma out of the house and involved in stuff to keep her mind sharp as she ages. Trust me, I know what it's like when they become less mobile and appropriate activities are harder to find. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

94e3612f-44f7-4c87-b7d1-33b2d36642c3.thumb.jpg.a7a3164594fea6b159b3674bfde57fb1.jpg

Amy, Joe, Kendra and some Duggars are taking a Christmas vacation 

It must be a resort for the fundy. The Bates went there for a show a couple of years ago.

Edited by babyhouseman
forgot detail
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I don't know what it is but this picture just gives me the vibe of "this isn't going to end well" in regards to Duggar aviation.

I agree. I don't wish anything bad on them, but given Boob's cheapness and the family's flippant attitude towards safety, it wouldn't surprise me to see an article on Duggar Aviation ending with the line "the NTSB is currently on scene and investigating."

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Deanna looks like the cat that swallowed the canary in that photo...oh, so impressed with her brother's air plane.

The Bates were there too? Didn't they JUST RETURN from the Bahamas? Gone again?

I meant the Bates were there for a show a couple of years ago. I remember seeing the show. 

• Love 1

Is it the same resort? Famy didn't mention the location that I saw. I don't think the Bateses ventured very far afield from their home when they had their ski trip (repeated during their marathon today, but I only caught the very end, so I didn't see the name of the place). 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Bwahahaha like she’s going to get actual prenatal care from an actual doctor! I bet she was eating a mercury rich tuna fish sandwich on the way down. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is it the same resort? Famy didn't mention the location that I saw. I don't think the Bateses ventured very far afield from their home when they had their ski trip (repeated during their marathon today, but I only caught the very end, so I didn't see the name of the place). 

In Amy’s post she allowed the location and it was Massanutten Resort .

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My, my, traveling to ski vacations on your private plane? Quite the lifestyle for a bunch of people who have no real jobs.

Is it a plane though? I thought maybe they rented one of those mini buses

after they flew in.

I agree, if that's a plane, that's a lot of people crammed in there.

I'll be honest.  If the snow tubing was done on a small hill, I wouldn't personally think it would be dangerous early in pregnancy. I wouldn't think to ask a doctor about it.. The tubing hill behind her actually looks like just a slight angle.  Now, down the side of a Colorado mountain.... that's different.  Your mileage may vary, and of course doodlebug is the ultimate authority.  I also think Kendra did have on snow pants under that stupid skirt.  Why they think they have to go that far to show they are a female makes no sense.   Wear pants when it is appropriate and skirts otherwise.  G*d expects you to have common sense. 

• Love 16