Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

I was at the supermarket and they had the People with Kendra's wedding.I'm not good at remembering exact quotes, but I wanted to remember what the People 1/3 of a page article said and most of it was quotes from Joe and Kendra. 

Also pictures of them with very little else and really showcasing no one other than Joe and Kendra.

Kendra had only one quote in the article "We'll start a family as soon as the Lord gives us kids, but for now we're looking forward to spending time together and not having to say good-bye... and no chaperones." 

Joe said "The kiss was amazing." And it (the kiss) "surpassed his expectations."

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

I was at the supermarket and they had the People with Kendra's wedding.I'm not good at remembering exact quotes, but I wanted to remember what the People 1/3 of a page article said and most of it was quotes from Joe and Kendra. 

Also pictures of them with very little else and really showcasing no one other than Joe and Kendra.

Kendra had only one quote in the article "We'll start a family as soon as the Lord gives us kids, but for now we're looking forward to spending time together and not having to say good-bye... and no chaperones." 

Joe said "The kiss was amazing." And it (the kiss) "surpassed his expectations."

I'm impressed. I think that this is the first time any of these idiots has said anything that wasn't stuffed full of Gothard-speak bs. No, "the kiss was sweet," no "it was so special to save our first kiss for the altar," no "we're excited to see what the Lord has planned for us!" Two kids saying that they're excited to have some privacy and, hey, kissing is great! I can buy that.

• Love 16

Don't forget Steve Maxwell, who also quit his good paying Boeing engineer job to work for himself.  He also had too many kids, including a slew of post-vasectomy babies, even though his homeschooling wife was depressed.  And now all his sons work for him and his uneducated adult daughters stay at home and paint kids' faces at the fair while handing out Bible tracts.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, louannems said:

Don't forget Steve Maxwell, who also quit his good paying Boeing engineer job to work for himself.  He also had too many kids, including a slew of post-vasectomy babies, even though his homeschooling wife was depressed.  And now all his sons work for him and his uneducated adult daughters stay at home and paint kids' faces at the fair while handing out Bible tracts.

What a life...

• Love 7
16 hours ago, louannems said:

That kind of lifestyle doesn't make ANY sense. Keep your good paying job, send the boatload of kids to school, and maybe the SAHM will have a prayer of getting everything done while they're at school! I know...logic. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Is he the one who said that he quit his job because Jesus didn't want him to work alongside women who considered themselves his equal or (gasp!) women supervisors who told him what to do?

• Love 5
On 9/25/2017 at 1:52 AM, louannems said:

I forgot about the Maxhells. How many grandchildren have the daughters-in-law churned out now? 

ETA: Ten. I notice the Maxhell blog's list of grandchildren doesn't include the first grandchild, who lived only a few days. Hypocrites! 

ETA: To clarify. 

Edited by Heathen
On 9/25/2017 at 1:54 PM, Sew Sumi said:

That's the exciting part. Poor Sarah (age 35) blogs about making bean burritos and dusting ceiling fans. 

Personally, I think she is a prisoner not being allowed to do anything but sit at home bored out of her mind while the Prince Charming she is always waiting on will NEVER come. These girls need to break from Steve and really live. He is their prisoner and slave master.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lianau said:

Is Stevehova the guy who doesn't like buttons on a woman's shirt if the buttons are a different colour because it makes men stare at her breasts ?

He's also the one who railed against their daughter's orthodontist because she dared to ask the daughter her opinion about her care rather than asking her mother because everyone knows that what a child thinks is irrelevant, the parents must make any and all decisions for them.

You guys also forgot that Sarah Maxwell is the author of that popular series of children's books about The Moody Family filled with kids doing all sorts of exciting activities like cooking breakfast for their parents and taking naps!  Not to mention the thrills in daily family devotions!  The fun never stops with those Moodys, all of them conveniently having names starting with the letter 'M'.  I wrote a 'book' about Monarch butterflies in kindergarten that had a better plotline and had far more literary value than anything Sarah, an adult, has produced.

• Love 23
24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

He's also the one who railed against their daughter's orthodontist because she dared to ask the daughter her opinion about her care rather than asking her mother because everyone knows that what a child thinks is irrelevant, the parents must make any and all decisions for them.

You guys also forgot that Sarah Maxwell is the author of that popular series of children's books about The Moody Family filled with kids doing all sorts of exciting activities like cooking breakfast for their parents and taking naps!  Not to mention the thrills in daily family devotions!  The fun never stops with those Moodys, all of them conveniently having names starting with the letter 'M'.  I wrote a 'book' about Monarch butterflies in kindergarten that had a better plotline and had far more literary value than anything Sarah, an adult, has produced.

I didn't forget because they sound like books that nightmares are made of.

23 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I didn't forget because they sound like books that nightmares are made of.

Actually, I think they might be great for insomniacs who have trouble nodding off. .... Not sure they'd give you nightmares because they're just way way way too boring. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Someone on Tumblr did some sleuthing and thinks that JoKen might have gone to Greece for their honeymoon. Apparently the guy that photographed and filmed the Vuolo's and Forsyth's honeymoon posted a picture in Athens. He also has pictures of scenery from Switzerland and Australia. 

• Love 1

They are in Greece. I can already hear Kendra's giggles as she stares at the male Greek sculptures, while Joe yells nike! and averts his eyes. Was this really the best place to send 2 dumb, uncultured kids??

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 21
24 minutes ago, Lunera said:

They are in Greece. I can already hear Kendra's giggles as she stares at the male Greek sculptures, while Joe yells nike! and averts his eyes. Was this really the best place to send 2 dumb, uncultured kids??

Just the sight of fresh produce in the streets would be culture shock for these Yahoo!'s.    I can imagine they would choose Greece because the Apostle Paul wrote many letters to the early Christians there.

But, I can see these two  turning up their noses at that delicious food. For "punishment", they should have to visit the isle of Lesbos for a reading of Sappho s poetry. These rubes are hopeless.

• Love 20

Well, they may very well stay away from those HORRIBLE HEATHEN spots that feature nude sculptures.

They should have sent them to Malta. Paul and his buddies spent a few months there after being shipwrecked. They could spend the whole time in the grotto it is believed housed Paul et al. It's a bit damp and dark but oh well. (Malta is actually a pretty cool country, lots of cultural history. Wait a minute, though--they're heavily RC. Never mind.)

• Love 3

I HIGHLY doubt Joe and Kendra entered ANY Green Orthodox Church...even if just to admire the religious icons and other architectural work. A real cultural waste. I understand they are young, but no appreciation for anything different than themselves. I also think they would not respect what they saw anyway. Not in being mean, but in ignorance.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Joe looks thinner.  

He not only looks thinner, he looks kind of buff.  The orange t-shirt looks good on him.  Kendra's outfit is cute and looks appropriate for a day of walking.  Now if Joe would just cut his hair close like Prince William.  Joe would actually be a nice looking young man.  He and Kendra look like an ordinary young couple out for a day of sightseeing.

Isn't that the same sound guy who used to work on Jon and Kate?  And haven't we seen him on other Duggar shows?  He must never get a day off.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Joe looks thinner.  

Sex must be the reason.  Too bad it didn't work for Joshley!

Seriously, they both look nice in the photo.  I can't see them really appreciating the experience, but I hope they get something out of it.

• Love 2

I think they picked Greece, because TLC hasn't filmed a honeymoon for this crew there yet. As long as the show is on and Duggars keep getting married TLC will find new places to spend their honeymoon.

@beagletime I think that's Jim. He was on a VSE of 19 K & C where they introduced the people, who film the Duggars.  This VSE aired the same year the Josh scandals broke.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, beagletime said:

He not only looks thinner, he looks kind of buff.  The orange t-shirt looks good on him.  Kendra's outfit is cute and looks appropriate for a day of walking.  Now if Joe would just cut his hair close like Prince William.  Joe would actually be a nice looking young man.  He and Kendra look like an ordinary young couple out for a day of sightseeing.

Isn't that the same sound guy who used to work on Jon and Kate?  And haven't we seen him on other Duggar shows?  He must never get a day off.  

The sound guy is who the Duggars refer to as Mr. Jim. He's been with them forever.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Something is off with her head. Strange proportions. 

And those are the most comfortable shoes he owns?

30 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Oh poor girl, she's jowling already. This is one of those unfortunate pictures where one can tell how a person will probably look in their 40's.

She's probably pregnant.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can imagine they would choose Greece because the Apostle Paul wrote many letters to the early Christians there.

If I were a Dugger camera man I'd be planting ideas in their heads for honeymoon locations so I could follow them for work. 

"Haven't you always wanted to go to Venice? I hear Australia is full of adventure! What about Greece, so much history there!"

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, McManda said:

If I were a Dugger camera man I'd be planting ideas in their heads for honeymoon locations so I could follow them for work. 

"Haven't you always wanted to go to Venice? I hear Australia is full of adventure! What about Greece, so much history there!"

Lulz!!!! Yes!!! I would so be like "I've heard plenty of heathens need converting in Bora Bora." I can't imagine Joy had any interest in Switzerland or Jinger in Australia, but it was probably a bucket list trip for one of those producers!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

Oh poor girl, she's jowling already. This is one of those unfortunate pictures where one can tell how a person will probably look in their 40's.

On the other hand, she may look pretty much the same until she hits 60...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz!!!! Yes!!! I would so be like "I've heard plenty of heathens need converting in Bora Bora." I can't imagine Joy had any interest in Switzerland or Jinger in Australia, but it was probably a bucket list trip for one of those producers!

“Hey Joe, I heard a bunch of fish were seen making the formation of Jebus’s face, exclusively at the underwater restaurant at the Conrad Resort in the Maldives!”

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

On the other hand, she may look pretty much the same until she hits 60...

True. She's got an interesting face. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like her facial shape before and it will be interesting to see how it'll look once the teenage baby-chub melts off her cheeks.

• Love 4

A lot of times shows pick remote locations based on how many freebies the destination will offer up in return for the publicity. ... I expect that's been behind most of these choices. Greece definitely needs the money. And seeing Duggars there might give some more conservative U.S. Christians the idea of visiting the Christian history there. 

• Love 4

Well, there is certainly ALOT of Christian history in Rome and Paris. Isn't that where Benessa went for their honeymoon? They didn't step foot in any Catholic Church or anything having to do with "Catholic" art if I remember correctly. They, too, went to cooking class instead...that's when the chef KISSED Jessa hello. She was visibly uncomfortable. They are so stunted and insular it's a crying shame. Her parents really should be ashamed of what they have done to their children...Josh included.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, awaken said:

I'm being defrauded by his form fitting t shirt. Nike. 

Well, we know you're not one of the chosen, then. I'm pretty sure that Gothard proclaims women aren't defrauded by physical things -- aka eyetraps -- but by emotions and mental connection, which is why girls aren't supposed to talk on the phone or otherwise be in the vicinity of boys. The boys may say something, inadvertently or with evil defrauding intent, that makes the girl believe she's in love ... and all hell will break loose. .... I think only heathen females are defrauded by eyetraps. ;  )

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, we know you're not one of the chosen, then. I'm pretty sure that Gothard proclaims women aren't defrauded by physical things -- aka eyetraps -- but by emotions and mental connection, which is why girls aren't supposed to talk on the phone or otherwise be in the vicinity of boys. The boys may say something, inadvertently or with evil defrauding intent, that makes the girl believe she's in love ... and all hell will break loose. .... I think only heathen females are defrauded by eyetraps. ;  )

Haha...well if I didn't already know I was a heathen female, that would confirm it!

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, floridamom said:

They, too, went to cooking class instead...that's when the chef KISSED Jessa hello. She was visibly uncomfortable. They are so stunted and insular it's a crying shame.

That's sounds hilarious I actually looked up the clip. Ben's dopey look of confusion was the best. Insert clip of Boob saying 'even though the bible says greet everyone with the Holy kiss, we don't do that in Arkansas'. Someone commented on the video saying that the chef's double kiss is practically 3rd base for them.

Kendra and a Joe's courtship rules are so strict I wonder if Kendra would considered herself a cheating whore if a chef gave her a peck on the cheek.

• Love 8

It's too bad their rigid belief system won't allow them to visit some Greek Orthodox churches, there are so many beautiful ones.  On the island of Patmos is the place where Saint John supposedly wrote the book of Revelation.  Of course, there is now a church build around the cave where he rested according to legend.  I've had the opportunity to attend a service there, the experience was transcendent; wouldn't want to corrupt JoKen with that.

Lots of other sites around the Greek Isles, too.  Ephesus, in Turkey, site of the jailing of Saint Paul, has some of the most impressive Roman ruins I've seen.  Of course, if they visited, someone might point out the foundation of the old Roman house of prostitution; so that's out of the question, I'm sure.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Well, there is certainly ALOT of Christian history in Rome and Paris. Isn't that where Benessa went for their honeymoon? They didn't step foot in any Catholic Church or anything having to do with "Catholic" art if I remember correctly. They, too, went to cooking class instead...that's when the chef KISSED Jessa hello. She was visibly uncomfortable. They are so stunted and insular it's a crying shame. Her parents really should be ashamed of what they have done to their children...Josh included.

Benessa did have their picture taken in front of Notre Dame. Now, if they actually went in? That's another story.

• Love 2