Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Once again, I keep forgetting about these two. 

I think it will be interesting* to see how this plays out. I think that Ben and Jessa will continue to get the lion's share of screen time, followed by Jinger and Jeremy. I wouldn't be surprised of Jill and Derick aren't being phased out even though they're back in AR. I don't see Joy and Austin and Joe and Kendra getting much screen time. They're super-boring -- even by Duggar standards.

* Interesting is a relative term, of course. It won't be interesting in the sense that any actual event or activity might be interesting, only "interesting" relative to the rest of Duggardom.

• Love 10

21743812_1346404215458384_86512629089572

I can't ever get all the boys names straight - which one is second from the right?  Because in that picture he is a dead on JB clone right down to the posed smile.  Joe on the other hand - that hairline at 22 - I hope Kendra likes the Captain Picard look because in 5-7 years Joe will be rockin it (not that I'd expect either of them to know who Captain Picard is)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I can't ever get all the boys names straight - which one is second from the right?  Because in that picture he is a dead on JB clone right down to the posed smile.  Joe on the other hand - that hairline at 22 - I hope Kendra likes the Captain Picard look because in 5-7 years Joe will be rockin it (not that I'd expect either of them to know who Captain Picard is)

Second from the right is JD. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And JD is actually a dead ringer for Michelle's father. Sorry, don't have the pic saved on my phone. Trust me on this one.

I got you!

Garrett Ruark Sr. as a young man

ben83ces_large.jpg

Jessa to me looks a lot like Michelle's older sister who passed away, Kathie

photo_230342_16142335_1_1_20130316.jpgx?

Joy reminds me of Michelle's sister Evelyn

latest?cb=20170807180734

For fun, a picture of Michelle, her parents and siblings at her wedding! Does anyone else see anymore Ruark resemblances? I'm 98% sure the sister to the left of Michelle's mother Ethel is Carol, J'Tyler's grandmother. 

c62gpiuc.jpg

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

How is it possible that JD and Mr. Ruark look like twins, but Michelle's father was handsome and JD isn't? 

The Lord works in mysterious ways.  ;)

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

The girl in the purple dress with the sash-bow, on our right, looks like Jinger. 

she really does! And while I agree with pretty much everything Churchhoney said about JD vs Garrett Ruark, I don't personally find that type of face attractive to start with, so to my eye it might be just a reasonably good photo of Garrett, and they might be even more alike in looks if we were to see them interacting side by side. Who knows? Though I am somewhat inclined to give GR the benefit of the doubt just out of habit here.

• Love 2

Is that Nixon-looking guy standing next to Michelle her dad? Because I can really see Young Jinger in him from back when she used to make weird faces all the time. And I'm thinking the five-heads of the Duggar boys aren't entirely the fault of Boob's big head...

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Is that Nixon-looking guy standing next to Michelle her dad? Because I can really see Young Jinger in him from back when she used to make weird faces all the time. And I'm thinking the five-heads of the Duggar boys aren't entirely the fault of Boob's big head...

All true!

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, Booey said:

Just read the People article. Kendra's bridal party was her sister as maid of honor, plus ten bridesmaids: her mother (who does that?? Maybe I'm just too traditional) plus Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, Johannah, and Jennifer. That totals eight. So I guess she only has two other friends that are not her/Joe's family? Is this the first Duggar wedding where Anna doesn't get to be in the wedding party?

My late evil MIL insisted/demanded we include my husband's step-father as a groomsman when his brother refused to do it (like the petulant 16 year old he was).  He looked so out of place, and I could tell he was so uncomfortable.  It ticks me off when I see the photos.  

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, Mollie said:

Ah, estranged cousin Amy.  I wonder if she got a real invite or just snuck in, hiding behind her grandmother Mary, hoping for the TLC cameras to put her back on the reality TV show.  So, the Queen of Polyester shows up (looking like someone tore her dress at the shoulders) with her dorky husband, who couldn't be bothered to tuck in his shirt. Poor cousin Amy, the 31-year-old has-been who seems to do nothing all day but take pictures of herself to post on Instagram with the caption, 'Look at me!  Look at me!  Why doesn't anyone care about me?'

I didn't even recognize her.  Yeesh.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, MunichNark said:

Kindra and Joe (why do they call her Kindra? Her name is KEndra, no?), well, they are essentially a couple of teenagers caught up in a High school romance, all pink love hearts, ribbons and sparkly drinks. They are not mature enough for married life. Kindra's voice grates me, that squeaky tone, however, she does seem to be a genuinely nice pleasant girl. Why do their voices go up to such decibels as to only be audible to Dolphins when they greet each other though?

I don't live in the south, and around here, people mis-pronounce anything ending in "erry" as "ury".  Jerry = Jury.  Berry = Bury.  Cherry = Chury.  It's super annoying.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2017 at 11:51 AM, BitterApple said:

How is it possible that JD and Mr. Ruark look like twins, but Michelle's father was handsome and JD isn't? 

The same trick of genetics that produced Steven and Liv Tyler.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, GleamingMist said:

This thread is becoming like Jinger and Jeremy for me.  Every time I see it's been updated I click on it bracing for a pregnancy announcement.  They're about due for it aren't they?

If Kendra can stop tittering long enough to hold a pee stick steady.

• Love 17
On 10/7/2017 at 11:19 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

She's cute. I don't know much about these two as I haven't watched the show in years. I just keep up with them by reading here.  The comments you all make are so much more interesting than what I've seen on the show anyway. 

I always thought Joe was the one who makes me think "French fried potaters" when I see him but I guess that JD. I'm very curious to see what kind of woman goes for him. I don't know what he's like but he kinda creeps me out. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I always thought Joe was the one who makes me think "French fried potaters" when I see him but I guess that JD. I'm very curious to see what kind of woman goes for him. I don't know what he's like but he kinda creeps me out. 

Well, if he also likes biscuits and mustard, mmmmmmm hmmmmmmm....

• Love 1
On 11/11/2017 at 3:09 PM, GleamingMist said:

This thread is becoming like Jinger and Jeremy for me.  Every time I see it's been updated I click on it bracing for a pregnancy announcement.  They're about due for it aren't they?

Weren't Joe and Jinger especially close, as close as Duggar siblings can actually be? Maybe Jinger shared her how not to get pregnant info with them. 

• Love 7
On 11/16/2017 at 4:48 AM, Fostersmom said:

Weren't Joe and Jinger especially close, as close as Duggar siblings can actually be? Maybe Jinger shared her how not to get pregnant info with them. 

Joe and Jinger are close, I don’t get the sense though that Joe wants to live a more mainstream life like Jinger.

Kendra’s mom only has 6 kids, given how young she is, she might have a couple more but I doubt Kendra wants to be a “super breeder” like Michelle. 

Joe seems to actually have common sense and is old enough to remember the lean days before TLC came along, I could see them having 6-7kids spaced out over 20years. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Joe and Jinger are close, I don’t get the sense though that Joe wants to live a more mainstream life like Jinger.

Kendra’s mom only has 6 kids, given how young she is, she might have a couple more but I doubt Kendra wants to be a “super breeder” like Michelle. 

Joe seems to actually have common sense and is old enough to remember the lean days before TLC came along, I could see them having 6-7kids spaced out over 20years. 

How in the world can those two uneducated young adults afford even 6-7 kids, though?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

How in the world can those two uneducated young adults afford even 6-7 kids, though?

No idea!! 

But in Joe’s mind that might be a more “reasonable number”. 

Joe (like JD) has some work ethic and probably one of the only Duggar sons who actually “works” in JB’s businesses (tow trucks and rental properties right?!). He also has some house flipping skills like Austin. Despite their ages I worry less for Joe and Kendra than I do Derrick and Jill because age doesn’t always fix stupid. 

• Love 18
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Kendra's parents have 7 kids (and counting?).  I doubt any of the Duggar kids have any of their own ideas about birth control and whatnot. Right now he's dependent on JB and Michelle, and I'm not sure what options he has. That said it's their lives, so maybe they can learn to make their own choices. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Did Joe and Kendra get a fancy honeymoon like the others? There have been no social media posts, so I wonder if the honeymoon was filmed / paid for by TLC.

They went to Greece on their honeymoon.

• Love 1