Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Oh my goodness. How do you think they say it? All four syllables distinctly? Or more like He’stheway? Heez for short? I can’t believe this is real. 

Any way or manner, and with thanks to the father for his service for the country and all, parents who would sentence their kid to such a weird spelling they will spend their whole lives saying, No no!  It is pronounced like this!, said parents’ taste is in their mouth.

• Love 1
On 6.1.2018 at 6:36 AM, mynextmistake said:

One of my friends is a teacher. She had sisters in one of her classes named Shampayne and Shardonnae. 

Of course, the Duggars don’t drink alcohol, so maybe it would be Pepsee or Milque.

Kewlayd (Kewlaydee for a girl)

• Love 10

Aqua Fina for a girl or Aqua Velva for a boy.  Aptly named after JB who just loves his Aqua Net hairspray.

When I told my hubs about Heistheway, he immediately said Heezy Fo Sheezy.  I would send him to the Prayer Closet, but he's really busy with work right now.  

Edited by sixlets
Brain no worky right now
  • Love 18

I picture Kendra and Joy sitting on a living room floor with their babies repeatedly saying, Can you believe we're moms?! Followed by Kendra's giggle. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 21
On 1/6/2018 at 5:34 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am embarrassed for Anna that she did the M thing, and even more so as no one else follows suit. Perhaps if she had been a little more mature, she would have done her own thing.

It was a part of "the brand" at the time. Had the rest been married off in quick succession after Josh there probably would have been letter themes as well.

JoKen will probably choose something relatively popular and make it yuneek by "spelling it differently". I'm hoping there are no more girls born into this cult but I could see them going with the cutesy names like Kaci, Lexi, Everly, and so on. Just like the Bateses!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It was a part of "the brand" at the time. Had the rest been married off in quick succession after Josh there probably would have been letter themes as well.

JoKen will probably choose something relatively popular and make it yuneek by "spelling it differently". I'm hoping there are no more girls born into this cult but I could see them going with the cutesy names like Kaci, Lexi, Everly, and so on. Just like the Bateses!

They probably won't attempt to spell it uniquely by intention.  Most likely it will be because they won't know how to spell what they choose to start with.

• Love 17
Just now, cdp73 said:

They probably won't attempt to spell it uniquely by intention.  Most likely it will be because they won't know how to spell what they choose to start with.

I still have no idea how the Smuggars' came up with the spelling for Mack. It's been 8 years and I still have to double check what the actual spelling is. Mack's name sticks out like a sore thumb among the M'kids. I figure the next half dozen M'kids will have names that are similar to the other four. Unless the other M'kids get to vote by consensus for the name of another sibling like the J'kids got to vote on Jordyn-Grace Makiya's name!

• Love 1

I could any number of Duggars picking Selah for a girl (including Kendra or Joy) It's seems to be really popular among fundies. It was Jill's pick for Israel if he was a girl, but she could either repeat or pick something else. 

24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kenzie, Ricki, or Sydni.  A woman in my neighborhood named her triplet daughters, thus.

I just can't picture an old (or even older) woman with such a cutesy name.  YMMV.

The thing is, by the time their old, those names might be normal. When I was younger I said I’d never trust a Tiffany.  Now I have three good friends with that name and they’re amazing. 

• Love 4

Ok..I thought some of these names were really out there. But I swear, my nephew and his wife, who are from my husband's side (Puerto Rican) and very newly (Pentecostal) fundy just wrote on Facebook that their daughter was just born.

Here's her name 0_o

Makaylei Jasendy **********

I'm flabbergasted..

(Sorry in advance if that's your kid's name, I'm..old)

Edited by ChiCricket
I'm a geezer
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I picture Kendra and Joy sitting on a living room floor with their babies repeatedly saying, Can you believe we're moms?! Followed by Kendra's giggle. 

“It’s surreal!” Titter, titter. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok..I thought some of these names were really out there. But I swear, my nephew and his wife, who are from my husband's side (Puerto Rican) and very newly (Pentecostal) fundy just wrote on Facebook that their daughter was just born.

Here's her name 0_o

I'm flabbergasted..

Ok, I’ve said it out loud several times but I just can’t figure out “Jasendy.” I’m stuck on Jess-Andy which I’m pretty sure isn’t right.

I have a niece named Payslee. Actually, I’m not sure if that’s how her name is actually spelled or if that’s how my dad spelled it. I don’t know which is more embarrassing.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Here's her name 0_o

I'm flabbergasted..

There are some Puerto Rican names that are “out there”.  Reggaeton artist Daddy Yankee has a mix of names that are unusual : 

Mireddys (spouse)

Children: Yamilette, Jesairis ,  and the relatively ordinary Jeremy.

I think it’s a generational thing.  IIRC, our grandnieces and grandnephews have more vanilla Anglo and Spanish sounding names.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I've never seen Tiphiknee spelled that way before.

My favorite spelling of that name is Tiphane. I say it rhyming with propane.  I don’t know how teachers keep a straight face with all these names!  

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180108-212351.thumb.jpg.0ec16fbfca141ad2c947d8c09ecde39d.jpgThat poor child.

That really is a pity. Poor babe is already weeping.

Would have been far kinder to name her Pippilota Delicatessa Windowframe Mackerelmint Ephraimsdottir Longstocking. Pippi rocks!

I'm surprised  Australia doesn’t have a ban on bad baby names. In Iceland and other countries, there are laws on the books of names that can’t be used. 

• Love 11

A friend goes to a massage therapist and her name is ,,,,wait for it,, Sparkle Lee.

No joke, we have seen her drivers license. And she is not a stripper. ( that was my first thought)

I can see Kendra naming her child that. Wouldn’t that just annoy JimBoob and the Hairball all to hell !

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why Roman numerals? Why not K8lyn? I bet she changes her name to Ann when she grows up.

Don't be silly! It would be laughable to use numbers in a proper name! /s

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180108-212351.thumb.jpg.0ec16fbfca141ad2c947d8c09ecde39d.jpgThat poor child.

Plus, now their child is named ... 'kay, VILLain!!! 

Score. 

10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

A friend goes to a massage therapist and her name is ,,,,wait for it,, Sparkle Lee.

No joke, we have seen her drivers license. And she is not a stripper. ( that was my first thought)

I can see Kendra naming her child that. Wouldn’t that just annoy JimBoob and the Hairball all to hell !

Can you change the names of non-newborns without their consent? Because I would start a movement to see Meeechelle officially renamed "The Hairball." 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Score. 

Can you change the names of non-newborns without their consent? Because I would start a movement to see Meeechelle officially renamed "The Hairball." 

I prefer "Drowned Possum," myself. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Score. 

I’d sign that petition. 

• Love 5

My daughter was born and spent her first 2 weeks in the NICU.  (We knew prenatally that we would spend some time in there so we were prepared.) While in there there was a baby brought with her father unexpectedly to the pod beside us (only a curtain separating us) and the nurse asked the baby's name; dad replied "Bailey" nurse promptly asks, "how will you spell it?" Dad was dumbfounded...uhhhh I don't know. So the nurse wrote "Bailey" on her white board with other birth information. Hours later the mom arrives and her first reaction (keep in mind her newborn is in the NICU unexpectedly) was "that isn't how you spell her name!!" The nurse apologized and rewrote it "Bayleigh". Now, if you are going with name like that, either discuss with the father how to spell it or don't be offended when people don't know. Geez! 

• Love 22
18 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

A girl in my fifth grade class was named Sparkle.  She didn’t. 

• Love 12
On 1/9/2018 at 5:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

Why Roman numerals? Why not K8lyn? I bet she changes her name to Ann when she grows up.

It’s a good thing they didn’t. A lot of official databases are programmed to accept alphabetic entries only in the NAME field. 

• Love 2

I think she will be influenced by her father’s bibletude.  My guesses for a girl:

Ruth

Mary-(something)

Rebecca

Rachel

Sarah

For boys:

Malachi

Ezekiel

Jonah

Gospel Names: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John

Or she could just throw us all a curve ball and name the baby something like Summer Sunrise Duggar or Godsblessing Marie Duggar.  Or how about Ihadsex Witha Duggar?  For a boy how about Ihave Apenis Duggar?  I’m still pushing for Borg names for the Duglets...One of 19 would be a good name...would work for a boy or a girl.  Resistance is Futile!!!

• Love 13

I'm still waiting for a Duggarling to start its brood with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. And for its first girls, in the spirit of Heistheway, a Proverbs 31 theme -- Morethanrubies, Goodnotharm and Eagerhands, with "Eagerhands" being my personal favorite. No vibrators needed.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fly-fornication???

I came across that name years ago, and, of course, it ingrained itself in my memory...almost.  I was actually trying to find reference to it when the subject of names came up here the other day, but I think I was googling "Fie-Fornication" and "Flee-Fornication", which is probably why I didn't find it.

• Love 2