Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's hard to tell under her 50 layered tops. She just needs to find her angles. 

Oh lord, I sound like Tyra. 

I can just picture Tyra screaming at Si and Marge. "I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU!!!!!!"

• Love 9

Kendra looks to have added blonder highlights, but what an ugly oufit!  Why would anyone want to pose for professional pictures wearing an ill-fitting mud brown shirt with a shiny pseudo-denim skirt?  There are plenty of cute tops and skirts or dresses out there in flattering, pretty colors that she could've worn, why would she go out of her way to look so awful?

• Love 13
(edited)

She dresses even worse than Joy, and that's saying something. Even Jilly Muffin looked more pulled together for her engagement shoot by Jinger next to the highway. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

It actually looks like a layer of the lining is poking out past the skirt. 

3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Kendra looks to have added blonder highlights, but what an ugly oufit!  Why would anyone want to pose for professional pictures wearing an ill-fitting mud brown shirt with a shiny pseudo-denim skirt?  There are plenty of cute tops and skirts or dresses out there in flattering, pretty colors that she could've worn, why would she go out of her way to look so awful?

Just like jinger's engagement outfit! So nonsensically drab and shapeless, at a time when you want to look and feel vibrant! 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

What's with the dirty shoes?index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=C338F738

I liked this photo the best, but you're right her shoes are filthy. The denim skirt was nice but she could've worn an different top with it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the right shoe is the victim of a shadow. If she was selling shoes, Tyra would lambaste her. 

The photog should have noticed this and edited. She didn't even get the tan/pale rings in Kendra's neck in the close-ups. Even I could do better. 

eta: She has leggings or a blue slip under her skirt. FFS! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, awaken said:

It actually looks like a layer of the lining is poking out past the skirt. 

Just like jinger's engagement outfit! So nonsensically drab and shapeless, at a time when you want to look and feel vibrant! 

In Jinger's defense, she was pretty unaware Jeremy was going to propose on that trip.  If I recall he sprung the picture plan on her day of so she probably had packed stuff semi-reasonable to travel with.  Judging her outfits lately, she would redo it if she could.

Kendra knew she was taking engagement photos.  She couldn't go out and buy a cute sundress?  This look might have been cute if she ditched the white undershirt, didn't have linens showing, and worn better shoes.

• Love 7

2dkmgoy.jpg

Kendra looks like she's been photoshopped Toddlers & Tiaras style.

Joe doesn't look so great. I hope his teeth just look yellow because of excessive fiddling with the color saturation in photoshop. 

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

What's with the dirty shoes?index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=C338F738

He's ballooned. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I generally wear camis under my casual shirts because I like to believe they slim my stomach.

... but seeing the engagement photos maybe I'll stop. It's not a great look.

I also still don't understand how Joe can look 13 and 45 at the same time.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, McManda said:

I also still don't understand how Joe can look 13 and 45 at the same time.

All the brothers look like that but I don't know where they get it from. Boob is no George Clooney, but he certainly doesn't look awful for a guy in his early 50s. Michelle's an attractive woman and even though the Josh scandal aged her she's not 50-but-looks-70. There must be some weird genes in play that skipped a generation and settled on the Duggar boys. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, saylubee said:

Kendra knew she was taking engagement photos.  She couldn't go out and buy a cute sundress?  This look might have been cute if she ditched the white undershirt, didn't have linens showing, and worn better shoes.

Kendra's the oldest of a passel of kids in a family living in Bumfeck, Arkansas. Her dad is a fundie preacher, and her mom AFAIK doesn't pull a paycheck. If Kendra got a check from TLC as an appearance fee for her Counting On appearance(s), she probably signed it over to her Headship - assuming he's a follower of Gothard and a pal of good ol' herpderp JimBob. I doubt that Kendra's ever had money to just go out and buy a new dress because she's having a photo taken.

I'm not snarking, just trying to be real. The Quiverfull/Gothard families who don't have their own TV shows, often struggle financially unless the Headship is a really heavy-duty breadwinner. (Having lots of kids and strict gender roles that forbid wives/daughters from holding jobs and require the males to earn the family money.) Maybe the Caldwells have some family money behind them, so that they don't have to live on what I bet are the pretty slim pickings that Pastor Caldwell brings in from his service as a minister. But if they don't, then I don't expect Kendra to run out and buy a dress for a photo shoot. 

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Kendra's the oldest of a passel of kids in a family living in Bumfeck, Arkansas. Her dad is a fundie preacher, and her mom AFAIK doesn't pull a paycheck. If Kendra got a check from TLC as an appearance fee for her Counting On appearance(s), she probably signed it over to her Headship - assuming he's a follower of Gothard and a pal of good ol' herpderp JimBob. I doubt that Kendra's ever had money to just go out and buy a new dress because she's having a photo taken.

I'm not snarking, just trying to be real. The Quiverfull/Gothard families who don't have their own TV shows, often struggle financially unless the Headship is a really heavy-duty breadwinner. (Having lots of kids and strict gender roles that forbid wives/daughters from holding jobs and require the males to earn the family money.) Maybe the Caldwells have some family money behind them, so that they don't have to live on what I bet are the pretty slim pickings that Pastor Caldwell brings in from his service as a minister. But if they don't, then I don't expect Kendra to run out and buy a dress for a photo shoot. 

Yeah, that. It's not unlike how Ofsmuggar was when she married the perv. It was before the TLC money really started rolling in, and I doubt she wore her sister's wedding dress just because she liked it. 

• Love 10

That white undershirt was completely unnecessary; the mud brown top was already high enough.  The peek a boo sagging hem is hideous.

Why do I always eyeroll whenever I see couples make that dorky ? with their hands?

The bible- just really? Always?

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, asuwur said:

Is it a fundie requirement for all of their females to own and wear a pair of braided brown leather wedge sandals? Asking for a friend...

I think it's a fundie requirement (since they all have so many kids) to get the cheapest footwear possible. 

Joe's jeans have defrauding details like brown embroidery on the butt pockets and those faded streaks near the top. (Personally I'm none too picky about clothes, but I try to avoid faded streaks like Joe's pants.)

Considering her father is the pastor of their church, it's no surprise she's has a lot of the Duggar rules down.

Edited by Temperance
I spelled embroidery wrong.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, saylubee said:

In Jinger's defense, she was pretty unaware Jeremy was going to propose on that trip.  

I thought it was a planned proposal, there was a film crew wasn't there?

(edited)

I think they knew the proposals were coming. Notice how all the girls happened to have a full face of makeup and perfect French manicures for dates that would typically be pretty casual.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, louannems said:

That white undershirt was completely unnecessary; the mud brown top was already high enough.  The peek a boo sagging hem is hideous.

Why do I always eyeroll whenever I see couples make that dorky ? with their hands?

The bible- just really? Always?

Pops says that Song of Solomon is off limits, so we'll do Proverb of the Day instead. Too mid-bible to be Ephesians and all the discrimination. 

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's hard to tell under her 50 layered tops. She just needs to find her angles. 

Oh lord, I sound like Tyra. 

Don't forget to smize!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

True, but as female members of the Caldwell family I would've pooled every piece of clothing I had at my disposal to come up with a better statement look than that.

• Love 2

Every picture I've seen of Mama Caldwell (hard to say as she's 37/38), she is looking pretty nice. No excuse for Kendra's frumpery other than her age combined with Duggar pressure with a BOY engagement. It's reverting back to Smuganna levels of JUST NO!!!!!

• Love 6

Honestly, it probably would have helped a lot if Kendra had tucked her shirt into her skirt because it would have nicely defined her waist and helped give her a better silhouette in many of the pictures. That could be considered an eyetrap though. In addition, the couple should have coordinated the colors of their shirts! If Kendra knew Joe was wearing a light red, then she could have worn a nice turquoise to complement it. If Joe knew Kendra was wearing a mud brown color, then he could have worn deep/eggplant purple.

• Love 3

I think another reason the Duggar males look 10 and 45 is a baby face topped by a male-pattern-baldness hairline.

And Kendra may have the roundest face I've ever seen on an adult human.

• Love 17

Churchoney's post was spot on. The kids look horrible because the crushing weight of the lifestyle is all on THEM to maintain. The watermelon heads, crap diets, and paleness that makes Dracula look tanned don't help. The parents are carefree teenagers with no responisilty or duties, with their butts always kissed. No wonder they escaped the aging curse. I think Michelle will massively age one the fame stops partly based on her sister's looks and partly based on her need for attention. The Josh scandal, and not having a tv show, added about 5-7 years to her looks instantly.

I think the entire family has average looks. Not ugly, but not people who'd get a second look in the street, either. 

• Love 10

I saw JB and Michelle's wedding photo somewhere on the interwebz recently, and I think Joe resembles a young JB.  Except now, Joe looks like he could be JB's older brother while Boob is basically Dorian Gray.

• Love 3

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

I know; hell awaits.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

I know; hell awaits.

We can ride together. I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Love 10