Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 hours ago, SMama said:

They should tweek their gender reveals. Blue for a boy, "it's a slave!" for a girl. I hope Kendra's girl fare better, but not going to happen.

Have wee seen her putting on the apron? Maybe the Jslaves do it for her. 

Or "It's a slave!" for a girl. And "It's a leader!" for a boy. 

Gag me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, dorcastrilling said:

Who the hell registers for OTC Allergy meds and socks? 

They also have a 10-cup rice cooker. ... God help them if, early on, they need to cook rice for two, however. They should register for an appliance that does that. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Since the topic came up about Duggar "helpers" and male duggars, I have a thought.  Call me suspicious, but my Spidey sense is tingling like nobody's business.  

First, Tabitha Payne served as the family "helper" and SOTDRT "teacher".  Tabitha's father is on the IBLP board.  Now Laura  DeMaisie (who is also affiliated with IBLP) has taken the reins at Duggar Central.  This doesn't seem like gracious people lending a helping hand.  To me, this appears to be ILBP sending handlers to keep a strong eye and arm on the Duggars.  If Michelle isn't mentally capable of handling and teaching her kids, which it appears she isn't, what better a way to manage/brainwash the younger Duglets and to do damage control than to have IBLP send a mole in there to monitor the situation, make sure they toe the Gothard line, and report back to HQ?

I don't remember hearing about Tabitha Payne until after the Smuggar scandal broke.  I could be wrong...please correct me if I'm wrong.  Jessa monitored the kids' cyber school until she and Bin got hitched.  So maybe I have my timelines wrong.  But this just seems WAY too coincidental that the Duggar "helpers" are strongly connected to IBLP.  

Hmmm. Makes sense to me. Maybe Gothard, Inc. is taking a page from the Scientology playbook on how to "handle" celebrity members/families? 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Since the topic came up about Duggar "helpers" and male duggars, I have a thought.  Call me suspicious, but my Spidey sense is tingling like nobody's business.  

First, Tabitha Payne served as the family "helper" and SOTDRT "teacher".  Tabitha's father is on the IBLP board.  Now Laura  DeMaisie (who is also affiliated with IBLP) has taken the reins at Duggar Central.  This doesn't seem like gracious people lending a helping hand.  To me, this appears to be ILBP sending handlers to keep a strong eye and arm on the Duggars.  If Michelle isn't mentally capable of handling and teaching her kids, which it appears she isn't, what better a way to manage/brainwash the younger Duglets and to do damage control than to have IBLP send a mole in there to monitor the situation, make sure they toe the Gothard line, and report back to HQ?

I don't remember hearing about Tabitha Payne until after the Smuggar scandal broke.  I could be wrong...please correct me if I'm wrong.  Jessa monitored the kids' cyber school until she and Bin got hitched.  So maybe I have my timelines wrong.  But this just seems WAY too coincidental that the Duggar "helpers" are strongly connected to IBLP.  

Lady E, you might be in to something.  Or IBLP sends those who don't behave to do penance with the Duggars.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Could be.

I kind of suspect, though, that both these young women met Jana when Jana, too, was at the Gothard compounds a lot, doing Journey to the Heart and so on. And, like her, they're aged spinsters. So I think they easily could have bonded. And finding some sort of slave-related excuse to hang out in the home of some other young woman you bonded with would probably be the only way you would actually get to pursue any level of friendship with her, in Gothard world. 

I'm also not sure anybody at ATI is interested in controlling the Duggs. They obviously still have got all their kids brainwashed into the Gothard language and concepts, since both the older and younger ones spout that shit. I'm not sure anybody at ATI really cares about whether they have a messy house or eat good meals or anything. The kids are under control in the sense that they never leave the homestead and they spout Gothard-approved platitudes at all times. I'd bet that's probably enough. Especially since the Gothard board probably has enough on its mind wondering what will happen to the big lawsuit. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Hmmm. Makes sense to me. Maybe Gothard, Inc. is taking a page from the Scientology playbook on how to "handle" celebrity members/families? 

This is kind of what I was thinking.  The Duggars are still on TV.  Josh's exploits and Counting On keep them in the limelight.  IBLP makes millions selling their brand of religion, with all the books, videos, conferences, etc.  They are already having PR issues with Gothard's revelations (and, by extension, Smuggar's dalliances) which I'm sure have cost them $$$.  The formerly squeaky clean Duggar image is what IBLP relied on to push their church and agendas.  To normalize them and make them appear wholesome.  The Duggars are still on TV and still have a following.  So whatever is left of their image needs to be protected.  And monitored.  Jim Bob does not appear to be a PR guru, so he would need to be "handled" more closely.  So yeah, it's a page out of Scientology (of any other cult, IMHO) if true.  And truly scary stuff. 

• Love 3

I'm no expert, but wouldn't they distance themselves rather than trying to control that many people who are in the public eye? I'd like to imagine Jana and her friends interrogating Blob and Mechelle and giving them directions, of course. 

(edited)

Yeah, while anything's possible, to some extent I think there's no mystery why people who've been through ATI/IBLP are being forked at the Duggars left and right.  That is, (1) everyone's been there; (2)  they don't socialize with anyone else.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Damn. When my husband and I married almost a decade ago, I don't even think you could register for gift cards to eat out.

We registered at Target and clicked on the "we'd like some Target gift cards" box when we made our registry, sure, but I don't remember there being an option to add restaurant gift cards.  I don't like to cook. Why didn't I know this could be done??? (I kid. My family and in-laws would have been scandalized if I'd registered for Subway gift cards.)

Right?  At least grift something decent. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Damn. When my husband and I married almost a decade ago, I don't even think you could register for gift cards to eat out.

We registered at Target and clicked on the "we'd like some Target gift cards" box when we made our registry, sure, but I don't remember there being an option to add restaurant gift cards.  I don't like to cook. Why didn't I know this could be done??? (I kid. My family and in-laws would have been scandalized if I'd registered for Subway gift cards.)

I would have SO bought you Subway Gift Cards!

• Love 1

Well, I for one would be ever so honored to buy a $1 WalMart gift card for the upcoming change in season of life (aka nuptials) between Celia Rubenstein and, um. . . I can't remember who is the co-flirt in this thread or wherever that agreement was made. Okay, maybe $2. To reflect the unmatchable cheapness of the Duggar clan's blessings upon your union.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Well, I for one would be ever so honored to buy a $1 WalMart gift card for the upcoming change in season of life (aka nuptials) between Celia Rubenstein and, um. . . I can't remember who is the co-flirt in this thread or wherever that agreement was made. Okay, maybe $2. To reflect the unmatchable cheapness of the Duggar clan's blessings upon your union.

That's way more than the Duggars would condescend to do for the happy couple.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/23/2017 at 9:35 PM, LilJen said:

That would be @GeeGolly.

Wanna be a bridesmaid? I still have enough material to make more modesty panels ...

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 9

In their defense, I'm going out on a limb to say there's pretty good chance, the invited families can barely afford the costs of traveling to attend, let alone gifts for these weddings. At least the gift cards put affordable gifts on their lists. Fundy invited family with 67 kids of their own probably can't afford a $400 blender, but a $25 Cracker Barrel gift card would be in reach. Plus, I don't know how the processing fees on gift cards on Amazon might work, but it might be more doable for the guests to buy say 4 $25 gift cards, one a month, than $100 all at one time. It seems like you don't see small things, spatulas, cooking tongs, timers, that kind of stuff on these lists any more, that stuff was my go to when I was young and poor. I'd buy all that stuff, and build a basket, usually out of a mixing bowl, for wedding showers. Cash or check for the wedding it's self. Personally, if I saw a registry with gift cards, I'd be more than happy to buy them. Easy, no thought, don't have to worry they are going to get the the 1 thing you bought off the list, but the 10 other matching things are already discontinued.

• Love 12

Assuming it's true, does this reflect poorly on Kendra, as she is doing the bidding of Jizm Boob and her father?  So Duggs are now "keeping it in the family"? This could get squicky, except their obsession with chaperones and purity, makes the likelihood of any shenanigans unlikely.

• Love 1
On 2017-6-22 at 10:17 PM, louannems said:

I can just hear JB and Michelle harping on Jessa daily to cut Spurgie's hair into a proper boys haircut.  After all, he must be a Good Testimony To The Lord!  And I can imagine Jessa digging in her heels, sort of a delayed teen rebellious spirit.  Finally, she can say NO to pops; she has a new Headship!

Can we stop pretending that Bin is a headship? Jessa bought into this relationship because she got to be the boss. We know who wears the pants!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Can we stop pretending that Bin is a headship? Jessa bought into this relationship because she got to be the boss. We know who wears the pants!

Of course, that gives her the best of all possible worlds. She gets to rule the roost.... but since she's in Gothardland where headships are required, any time she wants to tell JB to take a hike, she can claim that her new headship says so. It's a win-win, really. 

It's likely to be less of a win-win if the TLC money tree ever shrivels up because her new headship isn't exactly wage and salary material, it appears. But I guess they'll cross that bridge when they come to it. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/22/2017 at 1:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

If anything, they were maybe just in the Get To Know You phase. Otherwise, Jendea would have still been 16 when Duggar boys started sniffing around her.

16 doesn't seem too young to these people.

On 6/22/2017 at 2:49 PM, Christina87 said:

I wonder if there is any truth to one of the younger boys being interested in her younger sister. That could be ratings gold, especially when the first pair of double first cousins comes along! Plus, Kendra's sister is cute. 

All these people look alike. 

Why is this Kendra girl the hot commodity? Are the pickings that slim with the females, too? We know they're slim with the guys. She's ok but not anything I'd think a guy would fight his brother over.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, when people like the Bates probably wouldn't let a Duggar marry in, even if God himself appeared and said to hand one of the girls over, and your other choices are the Rodriguii, the Caldwells start looking really attractive.

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

16 doesn't seem too young to these people.

All these people look alike. 

Why is this Kendra girl the hot commodity? Are the pickings that slim with the females, too? We know they're slim with the guys. She's ok but not anything I'd think a guy would fight his brother over.

I wish I didn't think this, but I have a feeling that JB and M ordered Joe to grab somebody immediately marriageable and get cracking, and JB waved his hand in Kendra's direction. Because TeeVee dollars and TeeVee shooting schedules.. And Joe, with his shriveled Duggarling soul, obediently went for it. Because Gothard, patriarchy, shriveled manhood, shriveled personhood. Etc. ..... And I expect that the poor guy thinks he's doing the right and godly thing. And that's the only thought he actually allows himself. 

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wish I didn't think this, but I have a feeling that JB and M ordered Joe to grab somebody immediately marriageable and get cracking, and JB waved his hand in Kendra's direction. Because TeeVee dollars and TeeVee shooting schedules.. And Joe, with his shriveled Duggarling soul, obediently went for it. Because Gothard, patriarchy, shriveled manhood, shriveled personhood. Etc. ..... And I expect that the poor guy thinks he's doing the right and godly thing. And that's the only thought he actually allows himself. 

That sounds very plausible, and also makes Jana and JD's situation all the stranger.

• Love 5

I was just going to post about Jana and John David at 27, still being single. Why doesn't JB wave his hand at JD and tell HIM to get cracking...people are going to talk soon if that grown man doesn't find him a helpmate...Jana, we're looking at you, too sweetie. You're losing 12 good eggs every year.

• Love 6

Maybe JD is the designated SAHS and Jana is the designated SAHD. They are their work horses and the only ones out of the 19 with a work ethic. Someone has to care for the remaining kids, and fly the family around. Then the twins will take care of Boob and Mullet during their golden years. Pretty cushy for a couple who hasn't done shit for the past twenty years. 

• Love 9

JD remembers the lean days, living off donated food left on their doorstep. Maybe the thought of having twenty kids is not appealing. Jana very well remembers the prairie dresses, and all that sewing.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, SMama said:

JD remembers the lean days, living off donated food left on their doorstep. Maybe the thought of having twenty kids is not appealing. Jana very well remembers the prairie dresses, and all that sewing.

Imagine going to bed every night praying the next day daddy isn't going to force you to marry counselor Deanna Troi for three months of ratings.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I was just going to post about Jana and John David at 27, still being single. Why doesn't JB wave his hand at JD and tell HIM to get cracking...people are going to talk soon if that grown man doesn't find him a helpmate...Jana, we're looking at you, too sweetie. You're losing 12 good eggs every year.

Yeah, they're the great mystery, all right. ........Maybe their value to JB and M and skilled and reliable workers is more than their value right now as TeeVee-audience bait? .... It's not like Jana and JD don't serve quite a few purposes around the compound and environs....and they're proven quantities when it comes to being both willing and able. Could that be it?

Edited by Churchhoney
day late dollar short as usual
  • Love 3
On 6/20/2017 at 3:52 PM, ginger90 said:

I was married in 1986 and still have the same pots and pans. They are in great shape, unlike the marriage, lol!

i bought my own pans in 1975 and still use them every day almost. the are revereware copper bottom pans and they work great. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Imagine going to bed every night praying the next day daddy isn't going to force you to marry counselor Deanna Troi for three months of ratings.

Now I'm imagining him marrying actual Deanna Troi. Heh.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SMama said:

I wonder if JD and Jana ever realized that those "lean days" weren't really lean at all; that there was a quarter of a million dollars available to feed and house them and their siblings and that it was all pissed away due to their father's vanity and selfishness.

• Love 21
(edited)

Maybe Jana and JD just don't WANT to get married, period.  That may be the only bit of control they have in their lives and they're holding onto it.    Also:  Marina Sirtis, aka the actress that played Deanna Troi, is already married.  And is older than Michelle and looks much better: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Marina_Sirtis#/media/File:Marina_Sirtis_-_Lucca_Comics_%26_Games_2016.jpg

Edited by EAG46
  • Love 3
(edited)

Agree Jana and JD aren't going to get married because Bolb wants them to because they are past the stupid and compliant stage.

They used the Josh situation as cover to duck the full court press to marry  church dolts selected for each of them to wed.

Good for them.

JD's low energy delivery of his dry and flat comments is more genuine than a perky clever delivery.

Bachelor to the Rapture...indeed.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Didn't one of the twins get his head shaved and sent off to ALERT last year?  Could it have been Jed, because of bad blood with Joseph over Kendra?  

Interesting point, the head shaving is actually pretty big deal in their world.

The "sinner twin" who went to ALERT was Jer, not Jed. 

Thanks for the clarification.  Poor kid.  He is the chess player, right?  I always got the impression he was smarter than your average Duggar.  I bet Daddy didn't like that and thought he needed to be brought down a peg or two...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Why is Jer a sinner?

No one really knows. The sin is just assumed since ALERT is such a shithole. But Jer and Joe actually had it good; nine weeks beats the eight or nine MONTHS that Josiah spent there. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Poor kid.  He is the chess player, right?  I always got the impression he was smarter than your average Duggar.  I bet Daddy didn't like that and thought he needed to be brought down a peg or two...

Boob would not like being upstaged by one of the kids.  Any sign of intelligence would not be looked upon favorably.

I've wondered why sinner twin is referred to with that honor.  I'm hoping for a tell-all from one of the unfavored, but it probably won't happen.  They're too beaten down to dare.

• Love 1

Kendra was put in the way of the Duggs for one purpose it seems. Sorry, but woof! She is not attractive, but I don't think the Duggs have enough game to find their own brood mares. This really isn't helping their image. As if the rumours of Josh being in an engagement so young weren't bad enough, Boo.

Pathetic<<if true. 

44 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Joe and Kendra could not be more boring or irrelevant if they tried. Noticing that nearly every comment is about somebody else. Even JD is more exciting. 

This rumour of the failed attempt at the twin doesn't even add interest, it makes them even bigger losers. One failed and the other taking the leftovers. I'm such a horrible person that I hope it is real, revealed and it humiliates the Duggs so much that the other kids in line open their eyes and push back from this bullshit. It isn't normal, maybe they need to see that headline in People. 

• Love 4

I think Kendra is cute. She's not beautiful but no Duggar guy (at least based on their looks) is going to attract fundie Cindy Crawford or even someone like Carrie Underwood. (I have no idea if Carrie's beliefs are in line with the Duggars. I'm just using her as an example of a beautiful Christian woman.) Kendra is as pretty as Anna or Jill, imo. 

• Love 7

I think Kendra just hasn't "grown into her face yet. When she ages and her face gains definition she'll probably be quite attractive. I was like that: big head, big round face. I didn't really start liking my face until my 40s. The advantage is this type of face ages well. I'm nearly 66 but people guess me late 40s early 50s even with my disability issues and genetic dark eye circles. 

• Love 8

Kendra to me has the same face shape as Ginnifer Goodwin, and I think she's pretty so Kendra is too! And she has great natural brows (better to be a little too much in that department than too little), but if she had them shaped via waxing or threading and wore lighter eye makeup it would really bring her features out more. She needs to go with a lighter brown eyeliner closer to her hair color and brown rather than black mascara.

d2b539bbd41129f93edc04afbe90d54d--ginny-

• Love 5
On 27/06/2017 at 10:11 PM, EAG46 said:

Maybe Jana and JD just don't WANT to get married, period.  That may be the only bit of control they have in their lives and they're holding onto it.    Also:  Marina Sirtis, aka the actress that played Deanna Troi, is already married.  And is older than Michelle and looks much better: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Marina_Sirtis#/media/File:Marina_Sirtis_-_Lucca_Comics_%26_Games_2016.jpg

Counselor Troi is just a nickname for Nurie Rodrigues. 

100_6750.jpg

57 minutes ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Kendra to me has the same face shape as Ginnifer Goodwin, and I think she's pretty so Kendra is too! And she has great natural brows (better to be a little too much in that department than too little), but if she had them shaped via waxing or threading and wore lighter eye makeup it would really bring her features out more. She needs to go with a lighter brown eyeliner closer to her hair color and brown rather than black mascara.

d2b539bbd41129f93edc04afbe90d54d--ginny-

Margene has delicate and proportionate features. Kendra has the mumps. 

• Love 8